Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IL-11
Description: interleukin 11
Alias: AGIF, IL-11, adipogenesis inhibitory factor, interleukin-11, oprelvekin
Publications120 found, 100 shown here
- Molecular cloning of cDNA encoding adipogenesis inhibitory factor and identity with interleukin-11I Kawashima
Bioscience Research Laboratories, Sankyo Co Ltd, Tokyo, Japan
FEBS Lett 283:199-202. 1991A cDNA encoding a novel adipogenesis inhibitory factor (AGIF) that inhibits the process of adipogenesis in mouse 3T3-L1 preadipocytes was cloned from a cDNA library of the human bone marrow-derived stromal cell line KM-102...
- Molecular cloning of two isoforms of a receptor for the human hematopoietic cytokine interleukin-11M Cherel
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U211, Nantes, France
Blood 86:2534-40. 1995....
- Cytokine regulation of neuronal differentiation of hippocampal progenitor cellsM F Mehler
Department of Neurology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461
Nature 362:62-5. 1993..Further, they define an in vitro model system that may facilitate molecular analysis of graded stages of mammalian neuronal differentiation...
- Effects of the combination of thrombopoietin with cytokines on the survival of X-irradiated CD34(+) megakaryocytic progenitor cells from normal human peripheral bloodIkuo Kashiwakura
Laboratory of Radiopharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido College of Pharmacy, 7 1 Katsuraoka cho, Otaru 047 0264, Japan
Radiat Res 158:202-9. 2002..These findings suggest that IL3 plays a key role in promoting the survival of X-irradiated CD34(+) CFU-megakaryocytes from peripheral blood as well as those from cord blood, though the former are more radiosensitive...
- Interleukin 11 and activin A synergise to regulate progesterone-induced but not cAMP-induced decidualizationEllen Menkhorst
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, PO Box 5152, Clayton, Victoria, 3168, Australia
J Reprod Immunol 84:124-32. 2010..Locally produced and temporally regulated products such as interleukin 11 (IL11), and activin A are involved in this process; however, the molecular interactions that regulate ..
- Molecular cloning of a cDNA encoding interleukin 11, a stromal cell-derived lymphopoietic and hematopoietic cytokineS R Paul
Children s Hospital, Boston, MA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:7512-6. 1990..The amino acid sequence of this cytokine, designated interleukin 11 (IL-11), did not display significant similarity with any other sequence in the GenBank data base...
- Interleukin-11 and IL-17 and the pathogenesis of periodontal diseaseR B Johnson
Department of Periodontics, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS 39216 4505, USA
J Periodontol 75:37-43. 2004..Our purpose was to compare concentrations of human IL-11 and IL-17 within healthy and diseased human gingiva to determine their possible role in the initiation or progression of periodontal diseases...
- The interleukin-6 family cytokine interleukin-11 regulates homeostatic epithelial cell turnover and promotes gastric tumor developmentMeegan Howlett
Gastrointestinal Research in Inflammation and Pathology GRIP Laboratory, Murdoch Children s Research Institute, Parkville, Australia
Gastroenterology 136:967-77. 2009..Gastric cancer is the second most common cause of cancer-related mortality worldwide, mainly as a result of late-stage detection. Interleukin (IL)-11 is a multifunctional cytokine reported to be up-regulated in human gastric cancer...
- Interleukin-11 signals through the formation of a hexameric receptor complexV A Barton
Cancer Research Campaign Growth Factor Group, School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 275:36197-203. 2000..We therefore propose that IL-11 forms a hexameric receptor complex composed of two molecules each of IL-11, IL-11R, and gp130...
- Interleukin-11 and leukemia inhibitory factor regulate the adhesion of endometrial epithelial cells: implications in fertility regulationM Marwood
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, 246 Clayton Road, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Endocrinology 150:2915-23. 2009..This study demonstrated that IL-11 and LIF regulated endometrial epithelial cell adhesion, suggesting that targeting IL-11 and LIF may be useful in regulating fertility by either enhancing or blocking implantation...
- Expression of interleukin 11 and its receptor and their prognostic value in human breast cancerSatheesha Hanavadi
University Department of Surgery, Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff, CF4 4XN, United Kingdom
Ann Surg Oncol 13:802-8. 2006..However, there is little clinical information to support this hypothesis. We examined the expression of IL-11 and its receptor in primary breast cancer tissue samples and correlated their level of expression with the clinical outcome...
- Interleukin-11, interleukin-1beta, interleukin-12 and the pathogenesis of inflammatory periodontal diseasesOzlem Ozer Yücel
Department of Periodontology, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
J Clin Periodontol 35:365-70. 2008..This study aimed to analyse interleukin-1beta (IL-1beta), IL-11 and IL-12 levels in gingival crevicular fluid (GCF) of patients with G and chronic periodontitis (CP)...
- Interleukin-11 in endometrial adenocarcinoma is regulated by prostaglandin F2alpha-F-prostanoid receptor interaction via the calcium-calcineurin-nuclear factor of activated T cells pathway and negatively regulated by the regulator of calcineurin-1Kurt J Sales
Medical Research Council Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, United Kingdom
Am J Pathol 176:435-45. 2010..This study has highlighted a new mechanism regulating IL-11 expression in endometrial adenocarcinoma cells by the FP receptor via the calcium-calcineurin-nuclear factor of activated T cells pathway...
- Expression and function of interleukin-11 and its receptor alpha in the human endometriumNatalia Karpovich
Department of Obstretrics and Gynaecology, University of Oxford, Women s Centre, Level 3, John Radcliffe Hospital, UK
Mol Hum Reprod 9:75-80. 2003..Our data suggest that IL-11-receptor interactions may perform different functions in the human endometrium at different stages of the cycle, and that secretion of IL-11 is modulated by local growth factors...
- Interleukin-6 and interleukin-11 support human osteoclast formation by a RANKL-independent mechanismO Kudo
Department of Pathology, Nuffield Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Oxford, Windmill Road, Headington, Oxford OX3 7LD, UK
Bone 32:1-7. 2003..These results indicate that IL-6 and IL-11, which are thought to play a role in several osteolytic bone disorders, are directly capable of inducing osteoclast formation by a RANKL-independent mechanism...
- Interleukin 11 signaling components signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT3) and suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 (SOCS3) regulate human endometrial stromal cell differentiationEvdokia Dimitriadis
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Victoria 3168, Australia
Endocrinology 147:3809-17. 2006..These data support a role for IL-11 via pSTAT3 and SOCS3 in initiating and progressing decidualization...
- Mitogen-activated protein kinases and ribosomal S6 protein kinases are involved in signaling pathways shared by interleukin-11, interleukin-6, leukemia inhibitory factor, and oncostatin M in mouse 3T3-L1 cellsT Yin
Department of Medicine Hematology Oncology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202
J Biol Chem 269:3731-8. 1994..These results suggest that pp90rsk is one of the potential candidates for the H7-sensitive protein kinase(s), which is critical for the activation of primary response genes by these cytokines...
- Interleukin-11 promotes migration, but not proliferation, of human trophoblast cells, implying a role in placentationPremila Paiva
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Endocrinology 148:5566-72. 2007..These data demonstrate that IL-11 stimulates human EVT migration, but not proliferation, likely via signal transducer and activator of transcription-3, indicating an important role for IL-11 in placentation...
- Expression of interleukin (IL)-11 and IL-11 receptor in human colorectal adenocarcinoma: IL-11 up-regulation of the invasive and proliferative activity of human colorectal carcinoma cellsAyumi Yoshizaki
Department of Tumor and Diagnostic Pathology, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki, Japan
Int J Oncol 29:869-76. 2006..These findings suggested that the IL-11/IL-11R pathway plays an important role in the progression of CRC...
- Expression of interleukin-11 (IL-11) and IL-11 receptor alpha in human gastric carcinoma and IL-11 upregulates the invasive activity of human gastric carcinoma cellsToshiyuki Nakayama
Department of Tumor and Diagnostic Pathology, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki 852 8523, Japan
Int J Oncol 30:825-33. 2007..These findings suggest that the IL-11/IL-11R pathway plays an important role in the progression and the differentiation of human gastric carcinomas...
- The production of interleukin-11 and decidualization are compromised in endometrial stromal cells derived from patients with infertilityNatalia Karpovich
Nuffield Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DU, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:1607-12. 2005..Our results suggest that IL-11 expression is critically important during decidualization in the human endometrium, and that aberrant regulation of endometrial IL-11 production may be associated with some types of infertility...
- Relaxin and prostaglandin E(2) regulate interleukin 11 during human endometrial stromal cell decidualizationE Dimitriadis
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, P O Box 5152, Clayton, VIC 3168, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:3458-65. 2005..Blocking IL-11 signaling reduced RLX+P- or PGE(2)+P-induced decidualization, suggesting that RLX and PGE(2) act via IL-11. This is important in understanding implantation and regulation of fertility...
- Definition of receptor binding sites on human interleukin-11 by molecular modeling-guided mutagenesisI Tacken
Institut fur Biochemie, Rheinisch Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen, Germany
Eur J Biochem 265:645-55. 1999..These findings reveal a common mechanism of receptor recruitment in the family of IL-6-type cytokines and offer considerable perspectives for the rational design of IL-11 antagonists and hyperagonists...
- Identification of three distinct receptor binding sites of murine interleukin-11V A Barton
Cancer Research Campaign Growth Factor Group, Department of Biochemistry, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 274:5755-61. 1999..This supports the hypothesis that IL-11 signals via the formation of a hexameric receptor complex and indicates that site III is a generic feature of cytokines that signal via association with gp130...
- Interleukin 11 inhibits human trophoblast invasion indicating a likely role in the decidual restraint of trophoblast invasion during placentationPremila Paiva
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3800, Australia
Biol Reprod 80:302-10. 2009..In humans, during early pregnancy interleukin 11 (IL11) is maximally expressed in the decidua, with its receptor, IL11 receptor alpha (IL11RA), also identified ..
- [Differences in megakaryocyte progenitor ex vivo expansion between CD34+ cells derived from human umbilical cord blood and bone marrow]Yi He
Union Stem Cell and Gene Engineering Company Limited, Tianjin 300384, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 16:1398-402. 2008..The selected CD34+ cells were seeded in serum-free conditions stimulated with thrombopoietin (TPO), TPO+interleukin 11 (IL-11), or TPO+IL11+heparin for 14 days...
- Involvement of cyclin D3, CDKN1A (p21), and BIRC5 (Survivin) in interleukin 11 stimulation of decidualization in miceFeixue Li
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Biol Reprod 78:127-33. 2008b>Interleukin 11 receptor alpha (Il11ra) null mice are infertile due to defective decidualization and abnormal trophoblast invasion...
- Mouse oncostatin M: an immediate early gene induced by multiple cytokines through the JAK-STAT5 pathwayA Yoshimura
Institute of Life Science, Kurame University, Japan
EMBO J 15:1055-63. 1996..Identification of murine OSM as a cytokine-inducible immediate early gene provides a new insight into the physiological function of this unique cytokine...
- Cultured human periodontal ligament cells constitutively express multiple osteotropic cytokines and growth factors, several of which are responsive to mechanical deformationMark N Pinkerton
Department of Oral Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Otago, PO Box 647, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Periodontal Res 43:343-51. 2008..Our objective was to expand our knowledge of the cytokines and growth factors expressed by human periodontal ligament (PDL) cells and to identify new genes that are responsive to mechanical deformation...
- Teleostean IL11b exhibits complementing function to IL11a and expansive involvement in antibacterial and antiviral responsesMudjekeewis D Santos
Laboratory of Genome Science, Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology, Tokyo 108 8477, Japan
Mol Immunol 45:3494-501. 2008b>Interleukin 11 is a class-1 helical cytokine, having the four-helix bundle structure, possessing pleiotropic characteristics involved in physiological processes including blood production, bone formation and placentation...
- Interleukin 1 beta is induced by interleukin 11 during decidualization of human endometrial stromal cells, but is not released in a bioactive formChristine A White
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, P O Box 5152, Clayton, VIC 3168, Australia
J Reprod Immunol 73:28-38. 2007..Decidualization of human ESC in vitro is enhanced by interleukin 11 (IL11), with associated changes in gene expression...
- Pharmacoeconomic analysis of oprelvekin (recombinant human interleukin-11) for secondary prophylaxis of thrombocytopenia in solid tumor patients receiving chemotherapyScott B Cantor
Department of Biostatistics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030 4009, USA
Cancer 97:3099-106. 2003Previous research has shown oprelvekin (recombinant human interleukin-11 [rhIL-11]) to be effective in reducing the requirements for platelet transfusions after myelosuppressive chemotherapy in patients who have previously experienced ..
- Clinical efficacy of rhIL-11C H Reynolds
US Oncology, Ocala Oncology Center, Florida, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 14:32-40. 2000Placebo-controlled clinical trials of recombinant human interleukin-11 (rhIL-11, also known as oprelvekin [Neumega]) in patients with nonmyeloid malignancies have demonstrated significant efficacy in preventing postchemotherapy platelet ..
- Induction of cytokine gene expression in human thyroid epithelial cells irradiated with HZE particles (iron ions)Jenine K Sanzari
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Radiat Res 172:437-43. 2009..It is concluded that SeM can regulate ionizing radiation-induced gene expression and may serve as an effective countermeasure for some of the acute inflammatory/immune responses induced by low-dose HZE-particle radiation...
- Detection of novel amplicons in prostate cancer by comprehensive genomic profiling of prostate cancer cell lines using oligonucleotide-based arrayCGHJoern Kamradt
Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology, University of Saarland, Homburg Saar, Germany
PLoS ONE 2:e769. 2007....
- Tolerability and side-effect profile of rhIL-11J W Smith
Clinic Research Earle A Chiles Research Institute, Providence Portland Medical Center, Oregon, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 14:41-7. 2000..patients with nonmyeloid malignancies indicate that recombinant human interleukin-11 (rhIL-11, also known as oprelvekin [Neumega]) has an acceptable toxicity profile as therapy for the mitigation of chemotherapy-induced ..
- Oprelvekin. Genetics InstituteS V Sitaraman
Emory University School of Medicine, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Curr Opin Investig Drugs 2:1395-400. 2001Genetics Institute has developed and launched oprelvekin (rhIL-11; Neumega), a recombinant form of human IL-11...
- Use of the anti-inflammatory cytokine interleukin-11 to reverse HIV-1gp120 repression of a natural killer cell lineSheena E Favors
Department of Basic Sciences, Georgia Campus, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Suwanee, GA 30024, USA
Cell Immunol 276:1-5. 2012..These studies support the notion that IL-11 administration may reduce HIV-1-mediated immune activation and exhaustion while achieving elimination of virally-infected cells through restored NK cell function...
- Interleukin-11 increases cell motility and up-regulates intercellular adhesion molecule-1 expression in human chondrosarcoma cellsTe Mao Li
School of Chinese Medicine, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Cell Biochem 113:3353-62. 2012..Taken together, our results indicate that IL-11 enhanced the migration of the chondrosarcoma cells by increasing ICAM-1 expression through the IL-11Rα receptor, PI3K, Akt, and NF-κB signal transduction pathway...
- IL10, IL11, IL18 are differently expressed in CD14+ TAMs and play different role in regulating the invasion of gastric cancer cells under hypoxiaZhanlong Shen
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Peking University People s Hospital, Beijing 100044, PR China
Cytokine 59:352-7. 2012..Hypoxia is a salient feature of solid tumors and has a profound influence on the biology of TAMs However, the role of interleukins in the gastric cancer progression under hypoxia is not clear...
- Hyper-interleukin-11 novel designer molecular adjuvant targeting gp130 for whole cell cancer vaccinesWiktoria Maria Suchorska
University of Medical Science, Medical Biotechnology, Garbary 15, Poznan, 61 866, Poland
Expert Opin Biol Ther 11:1555-67. 2011..Hyper-IL-11 (H11) is a fusion protein comprising IL-11 and soluble IL-11 receptor directly targeting gp130. We evaluated efficacy of H11 as a molecular adjuvant in therapeutic whole tumor cell vaccine formulation...
- Increased osteocyte death in multiple myeloma patients: role in myeloma-induced osteoclast formationN Giuliani
Department of Internal Medicine and Biomedical Science, Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation Center, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Leukemia 26:1391-401. 2012..Our data suggest that MM patients are characterized by a reduced number of viable osteocytes related to the presence of bone lesions, and that this is involved in MM-induced OCL formation...
- Characterization of the Th profile of the bovine endometrium during the oestrous cycle and early pregnancyLilian J Oliveira
Faculty of Food Engineering and Animal Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
PLoS ONE 8:e75571. 2013..In conclusion, the endometrial immune profile of the oestrous cycle favours a Th2 environment in anticipation of pregnancy and the presence of an embryo acts to fine tune this environment. ..
- Trout oral VP2 DNA vaccination mimics transcriptional responses occurring after infection with infectious pancreatic necrosis virus (IPNV)Natalia A Ballesteros
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas CSIC, Dpto Microbiología Molecular y Biología de la Infección, C Ramiro de Maeztu 9, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Fish Shellfish Immunol 33:1249-57. 2012..Some of the genes described here could be used as markers to further optimize the oral immunization method...
- IL-17 and IL-11 GCF levels in aggressive and chronic periodontitis patients: relation to PCR bacterial detectionOlfat G Shaker
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt
Mediators Inflamm 2012:174764. 2012..This study evaluated IL-17 and IL-11 in gingival crevicular fluid (GCF) of generalized chronic periodontitis (GCP) and generalized aggressive periodontitis (GAgP) patients in relation to periodontopathic bacteria...
- Bovine lactoferrin induces interleukin-11 production in a hepatitis mouse model and human intestinal myofibroblastsTetsuya Kuhara
Food Science and Technology Institute, Morinaga Milk Industry Co, Ltd, 5 1 83 Higashihara, Zama, Kanagawa, 228 8583, Japan
Eur J Nutr 51:343-51. 2012....
- miR-9 modulates the expression of interferon-regulated genes and MHC class I molecules in human nasopharyngeal carcinoma cellsFei Gao
Cancer Research Institute, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 431:610-6. 2013....
- Combinations of cytokines promote survival of mice and limit acute radiation damage in concert with amelioration of vascular damageAnne Van der Meeren
Institut de Radioprotection et de Surete Nucleaire, Direction de la RadioProtection de l Homme, Service de Radiobiologie et d Epidemiologie, IRSN, F 92262 Fontenay aux Roses Cedex, France
Radiat Res 161:549-59. 2004..In summary, our results show that Tpo may improve survival by limiting vascular leakage, which in turn could limit inflammatory reactions and the ensuing tissue damage...
- MicroRNA-30c inhibits human breast tumour chemotherapy resistance by regulating TWF1 and IL-11Jessica Bockhorn
The Ben May Department for Cancer Research, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Nat Commun 4:1393. 2013..Identification of a novel microRNA-mediated pathway that regulates chemoresistance in breast cancer will facilitate the development of novel therapeutic strategies...
- Review: LIF and IL11 in trophoblast-endometrial interactions during the establishment of pregnancyE Dimitriadis
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, 246, Clayton Road, Clayton, VIC 3168, Australia
Placenta 31:S99-104. 2010..Emerging evidence suggests important roles for locally produced cytokines including interleukin 11 and leukemia inhibitory factor in the various stages of implantation...
- Intrathecal levels of IL-6, IL-11 and LIF in Alzheimer's disease and frontotemporal lobar degenerationDaniela Galimberti
Dept of Neurological Sciences, Dino Ferrari Center, University of Milan, IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Via F Sforza 35, 20122 Milan, Italy
J Neurol 255:539-44. 2008....
- Bridging endometrial receptivity and implantation: network of hormones, cytokines, and growth factorsMohan Singh
Research Group in Molecular Oncology and Endocrinology, Department of Chemistry Biology, University of Quebec, Trois Rivieres, 3351, Boulevard des Forges, CP 500, Trois Rivieres, Quebec G8Y 5H7, Canada
J Endocrinol 210:5-14. 2011..Understanding the function of these players will help us to address the reasons of implantation failure and infertility...
- Effect of IL-11 on glomerular expression of TGF-beta and extracellular matrix in nephrotoxic nephritis in Wistar Kyoto ratsMaria Stangou
Imperial College Kidney and Transplant Institute, Division of Medicine, Imperial College London, London, UK
J Nephrol 24:106-11. 2011..In this study, we (i) characterised the up-regulation of TGF-ß1, phospho-p38 MAPK (p-p38 MAPK) and extracellular matrix during pathogenesis of glomerulonephritis and (ii) examined the effect of rhIL-11 on these processes in vivo...
- The inflammatory microenvironment of the aging prostate facilitates cellular proliferation and hypertrophyL A Begley
Department of Urology and the Comprehensive Cancer Center, The University of Michigan, 6217 CCGC, 1500 East Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0944, USA
Cytokine 43:194-9. 2008..Moreover, these processes may account for the low-level, but cumulative, proliferation of both epithelial and fibroblastic/myofibroblastic cell types that characterizes the aging-associated development of benign prostatic hypertophy...
- IL11 antagonist inhibits uterine stromal differentiation, causing pregnancy failure in miceEllen Menkhorst
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Biol Reprod 80:920-7. 2009..In women, uterine epithelial expression of interleukin 11 (IL11) and its receptor (IL11RA) suggests IL11 is critical for blastocyst attachment during implantation...
- Analysis of a bone metastasis gene expression signature in patients with bone metastasis from solid tumorsSandra Casimiro
Clinical and Translational Oncology Research Unit, Instituto de Medicina Molecular FML, Lisbon, Portugal
Clin Exp Metastasis 29:155-64. 2012....
- Proteomic analysis identifies interleukin 11 regulated plasma membrane proteins in human endometrial epithelial cells in vitroJoanne Yap
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Clayton Vic, 3168, Australia
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 9:73. 2011..Its production is abnormal in women with infertility. The objective of the study was to identify IL11 regulated plasma membrane proteins in hEEC in vitro using a proteomic approach...
- Inflammatory cytokines gene expression in bone tissue from patients with chronic rhinosinusitis- a preliminary studyA Tuszyńska
Department of Otolaryngology, Medical University of Warsaw, Poland
Rhinology 48:415-9. 2010..It is unclear whether mucosal inflammation has an effect on the bone under the mucosa in patients with chronic rhinosinusitis (CRS)...
- De novo 19q13.42 duplications involving NLRP gene cluster in a patient with systemic-onset juvenile idiopathic arthritisHiromi Tadaki
Department of Human Genetics, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, Yokohama, Japan
J Hum Genet 56:343-7. 2011..The duplications encompass NLRP family (NLRP2, NLRP9 and NLRP11) as well as IL11 and HSPBP1, all of which have an important role in inflammatory pathways. These genes may significantly contribute to the pathogenesis of s-JIA...
- An anti-inflammatory selective glucocorticoid receptor modulator preserves osteoblast differentiationAlexander Rauch
Group of Tissue specific Hormone Action, Fritz Lipmann Institute, Leibniz Institute for Age Research, Jena, Germany
FASEB J 25:1323-32. 2011..We describe here for the first time that selective GR modulators can act against inflammation, while not impairing osteoblast differentiation...
- The correlation between increased serum concentrations of interleukin-6 family cytokines and disease activity in rheumatoid arthritis patientsSoo Jin Chung
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Institute for Immunology and Immunologic Disease, Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Science, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Yonsei Med J 52:113-20. 2011....
- Preeclampsia-related increase of interleukin-11 expression in human decidual cellsMurat Basar
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Reproduction 140:605-12. 2010..Expression of decidual IL11 is increased in preeclampsia and suggests a role for IL11 in the pathogenesis of preeclampsia...
- Associations between promoter polymorphism -106A/G of interleukin-11 receptor alpha and papillary thyroid cancer in Korean populationYoung Gyu Eun
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Sungkyunkwan University Samsung Changwon Hospital, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Changwon, Republic of Korea
Surgery 151:323-9. 2012..We also assessed the relationships between IL11 and IL11RA SNPs and the clinicopathologic characteristics of PTC...
- Interleukin 11 is upregulated in uterine lavage and endometrial cancer cells in women with endometrial carcinomaJoanne Yap
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Clayton Vic, 3168, Australia
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 8:63. 2010....
- Regulation of decidualization, interleukin-11 and interleukin-15 by homeobox A 10 in endometrial stromal cellsGeeta Godbole
Molecular and Cellular Biology Laboratory, National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health, Parel, Mumbai 400012, India
J Reprod Immunol 85:130-9. 2010....
- Genome-wide pharmacogenetics of antidepressant response in the GENDEP projectRudolf Uher
Medical Research Council Social, Genetic, and Developmental Psychiatry Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, SE5 8AF, London, United Kingdom
Am J Psychiatry 167:555-64. 2010..The authors performed a genome-wide association analysis of improvement of depression severity with two antidepressant drugs...
- Prokineticin-1 (PROK1) modulates interleukin (IL)-11 expression via prokineticin receptor 1 (PROKR1) and the calcineurin/NFAT signalling pathwayIan H Cook
Medical Research Council, Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, UK
Mol Hum Reprod 16:158-69. 2010..Overall we have identified and characterized the signalling components of a novel PROK1-PROKR1 signalling pathway regulating IL-11...
- Differential gene expression profiles of lung epithelial cells exposed to Burkholderia pseudomallei and Burkholderia thailandensis during the initial phase of infectionPatimaporn Wongprompitak
Department of Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand
Asian Pac J Allergy Immunol 27:59-70. 2009..Taken together, our results suggest that B. pseudomallei manipulates host response in favor of its survival in the host cell, which may explain the more virulent characteristics of B. pseudomallei when compared with B. thailandensis...
- The prediction of mandibular invasion by squamous cell carcinomas with the expression of osteoclast-related cytokines in biopsy specimensE M van Cann
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 38:279-84. 2009..In conclusion, the expression of TNF-alpha, IL-6 and IL-11 in biopsy specimens of SCC, adjacent or fixed to the mandible, is not an appropriate method for predicting the presence of medullary invasion of the mandible...
- Therapeutic activities of intravenous immunoglobulins in multiple sclerosis involve modulation of chemokine expressionNadine Pigard
BMT Research GmbH, Vienna, Austria
J Neuroimmunol 209:114-20. 2009..We suggest that the modulation of chemokine expression in peripheral T cells contributes to the beneficial activity of IVIG in patients with MS exacerbation...
- Interleukin (IL)11 mediates protein secretion and modification in human extravillous trophoblastsStefan Sonderegger
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, PO Box 5152, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
Hum Reprod 26:2841-9. 2011..Interleukin (IL)11--a cytokine that regulates endometrial epithelial cell adhesion, trophoblast motility and invasion during implantation--may be involved in some of these processes...
- Hepatocyte growth factor plays roles in the induction and autocrine maintenance of bone marrow stromal cell IL-11, SDF-1 alpha, and stem cell factorYoshiko Matsuda-Hashii
Department of Developmental Medicine, Osaka University, Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Exp Hematol 32:955-61. 2004..We also showed that stromal cells themselves express HGF receptor c-MET. It was therefore postulated that HGF exerts its effect on hematopoiesis and maintenance of the hematopoietic microenvironment in a paracrine and autocrine manner...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of murine interleukin-11J C Morris
Genetics Institute, Inc, Cambridge, MA 02140, USA
Exp Hematol 24:1369-76. 1996..The chromosomal location of the murine IL-11 gene was assigned to the proximal arm of chromosome 7...
- Administration of recombinant human IL11 after supralethal radiation exposure promotes survival in mice: interactive effect with thrombopoietinAnne Van der Meeren
IPSN, DPHD, SARAM, B P no 6, F 92265 Fontenay aux Roses Cedex, France
Radiat Res 157:642-9. 2002....
- Bone destruction in arthritisE M Gravallese
Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, New England Baptist Bone and Joint Institute, Harvard Institutes of Medicine, 4 Blackfan Circle, Room 241, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 61:ii84-6. 2002....
- Myeloid differentiation and maturation of SCF+IL-3+IL-11 expanded AC133+/CD34+ cells selected from high-risk breast cancer patientsS Filip
Department of Oncology and Radiotherapy, Charles University Hospital, Czech Republic
Neoplasma 47:73-80. 2000....
- Fibroblasts isolated from normal lungs and those with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis differ in interleukin-6/gp130-mediated cell signaling and proliferationYuben P Moodley
Asthma and Allergy Research Institute, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Nedlands, Western Australia, Australia
Am J Pathol 163:345-54. 2003..IL-11 was mitogenic for both normal and IPF fibroblasts. These results provide strong evidence for a fundamental abnormality in a cytokine-signaling pathway, as opposed to alterations in cytokine production, in the pathogenesis of IPF...
- Regulation of IL-11 expression in intestinal myofibroblasts: role of c-Jun AP-1- and MAPK-dependent pathwaysShigeki Bamba
Department of Internal Medicine, Shiga Univ of Medical Science, Seta Tukinowa, Otsu 520 2192, Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 285:G529-38. 2003..Intestinal SEMFs secreted IL-11 in response to IL-1beta- and TGF-beta1. Mucosal IL-11 secretion might be important as an anti-inflammatory response in the pathogenesis of intestinal inflammation...
- Preclinical pharmacologic basis for clinical use of rhIL-11 as an effective platelet-support agentT Berl
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado, Health Sciences Center, Denver, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 14:12-20. 2000Preclinical studies have shown that rhIL-11, also known as oprelvekin (Neumega), stimulates early and later stages of megakaryocytopoiesis (including proliferation and differentiation of megakaryocyte precursors and maturation of ..
- Dose reductions and delays: limitations of myelosuppressive chemotherapyM S Cairo
Columbia University, Babies and Children s Hospital, New York, New York, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 14:21-31. 2000..The availability of a platelet growth factor--recombinant human interleukin-11(rhIL-11, also known as oprelvekin [Neumega])--provides an effective means of preventing chemotherapy-induced thrombocytopenia and accelerating ..
- Genomic sequence and chromosomal location of human interleukin-11 gene (IL11)D McKinley
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202
Genomics 13:814-9. 1992..The availability of the human IL11 genomic sequence should aid in studies of the regulatory mechanisms of IL11 gene expression in different cell types and the role of IL11 expression in the hematopoietic microenvironment...
- Interleukin-11 levels in healthy and thrombocytopenic neonatesMary P McCloy
Department of Paediatrics and Neonatal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, London W12 ONN, UK
Pediatr Res 51:756-60. 2002..Further studies of IL-11 in neonates are warranted to assess its role both in platelet production and in mediation of the endogenous inflammatory response...
- Endogenous interleukin-11 (IL-11) levels in newly diagnosed children with acquired severe aplastic anemia (SAA)Erin M Cockrell
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital Medical Center of Akron, One Perkins Square, Akron, OH 44308, USA
Cytokine 28:55-8. 2004..Impaired hematopoietic growth factor production is a hypothetical contributing factor to the development of acquired severe aplastic anemia (SAA). The serum levels of most hematopoietic cytokines in SAA patients are elevated...
- Transcriptional cooperation between the transforming growth factor-beta and Wnt pathways in mammary and intestinal tumorigenesisEtienne Labbé
Departments of Medical Biophysics and Biochemistry, University of Toronto, 160 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cancer Res 67:75-84. 2007..Our results indicate that the TGF-beta and Wnt/beta-catenin pathways are firmly intertwined and generate a unique gene expression pattern that can contribute to tumor progression...
- Relationship of thrombopoietin and interleukin-11 levels to thrombocytopenia associated with dengue diseaseJose E Cardier
Laboratorio de Patología Celular y Molecular, Centro de Medicina Experimental, Instituto Venezolano de Investigaciones Cientificas, IVIC, Apartado 21827, Caracas 1020 A, Venezuela
Cytokine 34:155-60. 2006....
- Interleukin-11 induces complex formation of Grb2, Fyn, and JAK2 in 3T3L1 cellsX Y Wang
Department of Medicine Hematology Oncology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 270:27999-8002. 1995..Taken together, these results suggest that IL-11-induced interactions of JAK2, Fyn, and Grb2 may not only provide a novel mechanism for the activation of the Ras/MAPK system but also indicate cross-talk among diverse signaling pathways...
- Analysis of systemic interleukin-11 after major traumaChristian Schinkel
BG Kliniken Bergmannsheil, Department of Surgery, Ruhr University Bochum, 44789 Bochum, Germany
Shock 23:30-4. 2005Recent data have shown that anti-inflammatory responses to major injury occur immediately after trauma. Interleukin 11 (IL-11), a member of the IL-6 family, is a pleiotropic cytokine with hematopoietic, osteotrophic, and mucosa protective ..
- Tumor necrosis factor, interleukin 11, and leukemia inhibitory factor produced by Langerhans cells in Langerhans cell histiocytosisUlrika Andersson By
Childhood Cancer Research Unit, Department of Woman and Child Health, Karolinska Institutet, Astrid Lindgren Children s Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 26:706-11. 2004....
- C-terminal pentapeptide of osteogenic growth peptide regulates hematopoiesis in early stageZhong Hui
Beijing Institute of Biotechnology, Beijing, 100850 People s Republic of China
J Cell Biochem 101:1423-9. 2007..These data implicate that the role of OGP10-14 regulating hematopoiesis is in the early stage of the whole hematopoietic growth factors (HGFs) regulating network, just like the position of interleukin 13 in the hematopoiesis network...
- Leukaemia inhibitory factor and interleukin 11 levels in uterine flushings of infertile patients with endometriosisM Mikolajczyk
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Reproduction, University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Hum Reprod 21:3054-8. 2006Exact aetiology of infertility in stage I/II endometriosis patients is not known. Interleukin 11 (IL-11) and leukaemia-inhibitory factor (LIF) are factors associated with implantation window in human eutopic endometrium...
- New generation contraceptives: interleukin 11 family cytokines as non-steroidal contraceptive targetsE Dimitriadis
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, PO Box 5152, Clayton, Melbourne 3168, Australia
J Reprod Immunol 88:233-9. 2011..In addition, vaginal application of the IL11 or LIF inhibitor with microbicides that block sexually transmitted infections could act as dual-role contraceptives, preventing implantation and sexually transmitted infections...
- Over-expression of the functional interleukin-11 alpha receptor in the development of B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemiaA Tsimanis
Department of Hematology, Kaplan Medical Center, POB 1, Rehovot, 76100, Israel
Leuk Lymphoma 42:195-205. 2001..These data suggest an essential role for the IL-11/IL11 R alpha system in the pathogenesis of the malignant B-CLL cells...
- Inactivation of IL11 signaling causes craniosynostosis, delayed tooth eruption, and supernumerary teethPekka Nieminen
Institute of Dentistry, Biomedicum, University of Helsinki, Finland
Am J Hum Genet 89:67-81. 2011..662C>G [p.Pro221Arg], c.734C>G [p.Ser245Cys], or c.886C>T [p.Arg296Trp]) in IL11RA (encoding interleukin 11 receptor, alpha) on chromosome 9p13.3. In addition, a homozygous nonsense mutation, c.475C>T (p...
- Identification of potential biomarkers for early and advanced gastric adenocarcinoma detectionMihaela Chivu Economescu
Stefan S Nicolau Institute of Virology, 285 Mihai Bravu Ave, 030304, Bucharest, Romania
Hepatogastroenterology 57:1453-64. 2010..This study aimed to understand gradual biological variations during gastric tumorigenesis, and to identify the candidate genes that are involved in tumor progression and metastasis...
- The role of interleukin-11 to prevent chemotherapy-induced thrombocytopenia in patients with solid tumors, lymphoma, acute myeloid leukemia and bone marrow failure syndromesMonica Bhatia
Departments of Pediatrics, Morgan Stanley Children s Hospital of New York Presbyterian, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 48:9-15. 2007....
- Meta-analysis of Dense Genecentric Association Studies Reveals Common and Uncommon Variants Associated with HeightMatthew B Lanktree
Department of Medicine and Biochemistry, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, N6A 5C1, Canada
Am J Hum Genet 88:6-18. 2011..Overall, we show that dense coverage of genes for uncommon SNPs, coupled with large-scale meta-analysis, can successfully identify additional variants associated with a common complex trait...
- Pharmacogenomic analysis of rhIL-11 treatment in the HLA-B27 rat model of inflammatory bowel diseaseR L Peterson
Department of Molecular Medicine and Pharmacogenomics, 1 Burtt Road, Andover, MA, USA
Pharmacogenomics J 2:383-99. 2002..These gene expression patterns indicate that treatment of inflammatory bowel disease with rhIL-11 affects class II antigen processing and colonic epithelial cell proliferation and metabolism...
- Inhibition of growth hormone-releasing factor production in mouse placenta by cytokines using gp130 as a signal transducerM Yamaguchi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Osaka University Medical School, Japan
Endocrinology 136:1072-8. 1995....
- Increase in endogenous spleen colonies without recovery of blood cell counts in radioadaptive survival response in C57BL/6 miceMorio Yonezawa
Research Institute for Advanced Science and Technology, Osaka Prefecture University, Sakai, Osaka 599 8570, Japan
Radiat Res 161:161-7. 2004..The possible contribution by some factor, such as Il4 or Il11, that has been reported to protect irradiated animals without stimulating hematopoiesis is discussed...
- A multiple-dose, safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamic study of oral recombinant human interleukin-11 (oprelvekin)Monette M Cotreau
Experimental Medicine, Wyeth Research, Cambridge, MA 02140, USA
Biopharm Drug Dispos 25:291-6. 2004..pharmacokinetics (PK) and pharmacodynamics (PD) of orally administered recombinant human interleukin-11 (oprelvekin) (OAO)...
- Osmoregulated Proteins in the Inner MedullaTomas Berl; Fiscal Year: 2007..These experiments should define genes and proteins involved in osmoregulation and particularly unveil the role of the subunit as a vital component in the adaption to the hypertonic environment of the mammalian inner medulla. ..
- Release of FGF1 and Pathology of AngiogenesisIgor Prudovsky; Fiscal Year: 2010..Significantly, the signal peptide-less pro-inflammatory cytokine interleukin 11, which shares an almost identical 3D structure with FGF1, exhibits a similar mechanism of stress-induced ..
- Radioimmunotherapy for LymphomaThomas Witzig; Fiscal Year: 2002..granulocyte macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) and thrombopoietic growth factor (Interleukin-II, oprelvekin) to learn whether the myelosuppression can be ameliorated and whether the dose of Y2B8 can be increased...
- INTESTINAL ADENOSINE A2B RECEPTORShanthi Sitaraman; Fiscal Year: 2004..Third, I will study the role of adenosine receptor in the modulation and feedback regulation of neutrophil-epithelial interaction including transmigration and chemokine secretion. ..
- Characterization of intestinal adenosine A2b receptorShanthi Sitaraman; Fiscal Year: 2004..Specific aim 3: We will study: i) the effect of IL-6 on degranulation of neutrophils. ..