Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IL-10
Description: interleukin 10
Alias: CSIF, GVHDS, IL-10, IL10A, TGIF, interleukin-10, T-cell growth inhibitory factor, cytokine synthesis inhibitory factor
Publications541 found, 100 shown here
- Li M, Flavell R. Contextual regulation of inflammation: a duet by transforming growth factor-beta and interleukin-10. Immunity. 2008;28:468-76 pubmed publisher..The collective activity of TGF-beta and IL-10 ensures a controlled inflammatory response specifically targeting pathogens without evoking excessive immunopathology to self-tissues. ..
- Rothman N, Skibola C, Wang S, Morgan G, Lan Q, Smith M, et al. Genetic variation in TNF and IL10 and risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma: a report from the InterLymph Consortium. Lancet Oncol. 2006;7:27-38 pubmed..10-1.51] for GA and 1.65 [1.16-2.34] for AA, p for trend <0.0001), but not for follicular lymphoma. The interleukin 10 (IL10) -3575T-->A polymorphism was also associated with increased risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma (p for trend=..
- Con S, Con Wong R, Con Chin G, Con Chin V, Takeuchi H, Valerín A, et al. Serum pepsinogen levels, Helicobacter pylori CagA Status, and cytokine gene polymorphisms associated with gastric premalignant lesions in Costa Rica. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2007;16:2631-6 pubmed
- Montaner L, Griffin P, Gordon S. Interleukin-10 inhibits initial reverse transcription of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 and mediates a virostatic latent state in primary blood-derived human macrophages in vitro. J Gen Virol. 1994;75 ( Pt 12):3393-400 pubmed..Therefore, IL-10 may be involved in the effective control of HIV-1-infected macrophages in vivo. ..
- Prabhu Anand S, Selvaraj P, Jawahar M, Adhilakshmi A, Narayanan P. Interleukin-12B & interleukin-10 gene polymorphisms in pulmonary tuberculosis. Indian J Med Res. 2007;126:135-8 pubmed..Our findings suggested that IL -10 (-1082 G/A) and IL -12B 3'UTR (Taq I) (A/C) gene polymorphisms were not associated either with susceptibility or resistance to pulmonary tuberculosis in the south Indian population. ..
- Caldas A, Favali C, Aquino D, Vinhas V, Van Weyenbergh J, Brodskyn C, et al. Balance of IL-10 and interferon-gamma plasma levels in human visceral leishmaniasis: implications in the pathogenesis. BMC Infect Dis. 2005;5:113 pubmed..After treatment, there is a long delay before the immune profile returns to normal what precludes using plasma cytokine levels as criteria of cure as simpler clinical evaluations, as a palpable spleen or liver, can be used. ..
- Plagnol V, Howson J, Smyth D, Walker N, Hafler J, Wallace C, et al. Genome-wide association analysis of autoantibody positivity in type 1 diabetes cases. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002216 pubmed publisher..Analysis of the TPOA-associated loci in 2,477 cases with Graves' disease identified two new AITD loci (BACH2 and UBASH3A). ..
- Fernandez L, Martinez A, Mendoza J, Urcelay E, Fernandez Arquero M, Garcia Paredes J, et al. Interleukin-10 polymorphisms in Spanish patients with IBD. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2005;11:739-43 pubmed..The combined presence of both alleles in 1 individual notably increased the risk to develop CD (P = 0.00006, odds ratio = 3.18). IL-10 polymorphisms contribute to susceptibility to CD in Spanish population. ..
- O Leary S, O Sullivan M, Keane J. IL-10 blocks phagosome maturation in mycobacterium tuberculosis-infected human macrophages. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2011;45:172-80 pubmed publisher..IL-10 is a feature of human tuberculous granuloma, and these new findings support the hypothesis that this cytokine can promote pathogen persistence by contributing to Mtb-phagosome maturation arrest in human macrophages. ..
- Borghi P, Fantuzzi L, Varano B, Gessani S, Puddu P, Conti L, et al. Induction of interleukin-10 by human immunodeficiency virus type 1 and its gp120 protein in human monocytes/macrophages. J Virol. 1995;69:1284-7 pubmed..We suggest that in vivo production of IL-10 by HIV-primed monocytes/macrophages can play an important role in the early response to HIV-1 infection. ..
- Heneghan M, Johnson P, Clare M, Ho S, Harrison P, Donaldson P. Frequency and nature of cytokine gene polymorphisms in hepatocellular carcinoma in Hong Kong Chinese. Int J Gastrointest Cancer. 2003;34:19-26 pubmed
- Eder T, Mayer R, Langsenlehner U, Renner W, Krippl P, Wascher T, et al. Interleukin-10 [ATA] promoter haplotype and prostate cancer risk: a population-based study. Eur J Cancer. 2007;43:472-5 pubmed..Therefore we conclude that the IL-10 -592C>A promoter polymorphism, tagging the IL-10 low-producer [ATA] haplotype, is not associated with risk for prostate cancer. ..
- Miyazoe S, Hamasaki K, Nakata K, Kajiya Y, Kitajima K, Nakao K, et al. Influence of interleukin-10 gene promoter polymorphisms on disease progression in patients chronically infected with hepatitis B virus. Am J Gastroenterol. 2002;97:2086-92 pubmed..In chronic HBV infection, inheritance of the IL-10 gene promoter polymorphisms is involved in a host genetic factor that is relevant to disease progression. ..
- Kamangar F, Abnet C, Hutchinson A, Newschaffer C, Helzlsouer K, Shugart Y, et al. Polymorphisms in inflammation-related genes and risk of gastric cancer (Finland). Cancer Causes Control. 2006;17:117-25 pubmed..Our results do not support the hypothesis that polymorphisms in genes involved in the inflammatory response confer differences in gastric cancer risk among different individuals. ..
- Mendoza J, Urcelay E, Lana R, Martinez A, Taxonera C, De la Concha E, et al. Polymorphisms in interleukin-10 gene according to mutations of NOD2/CARD15 gene and relation to phenotype in Spanish patients with Crohn's disease. World J Gastroenterol. 2006;12:443-8 pubmed..These data provide further molecular evidence for a genetic basis of the clinical heterogeneity of CD. ..
- Vogel U, Christensen J, Wallin H, Friis S, Nexø B, Raaschou Nielsen O, et al. Polymorphisms in genes involved in the inflammatory response and interaction with NSAID use or smoking in relation to lung cancer risk in a prospective study. Mutat Res. 2008;639:89-100 pubmed publisher..p for interaction was 3 x 10(-6) for COX-2 A-1195G and 9 x 10(-5) for PPARgamma2 Pro(12)Ala. The results suggest that NSAID use may modify risk of lung cancer differently depending on the genotype. ..
- Liang L, Zhao Y, Yue J, Liu J, Han M, Wang H, et al. Interleukin-10 gene promoter polymorphisms and their protein production in pleural fluid in patients with tuberculosis. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2011;62:84-90 pubmed publisher..These findings support the association between IL-10 promoter polymorphisms at -819 and -592 sites and their protein production with pleural tuberculosis risk. ..
- Samanta M, Iwakiri D, Takada K. Epstein-Barr virus-encoded small RNA induces IL-10 through RIG-I-mediated IRF-3 signaling. Oncogene. 2008;27:4150-60 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a new mechanism of dsRNA signaling pathway that triggers the expression of IL-10, which acts as an autocrine growth factor in BL cells. ..
- Oleksyk T, Shrestha S, Truelove A, Goedert J, Donfield S, Phair J, et al. Extended IL10 haplotypes and their association with HIV progression to AIDS. Genes Immun. 2009;10:309-22 pubmed publisher..Our findings are consistent with the hypothesis that existing polymorphisms in this gene may reflect a balance of historic adaptive responses to autoimmune, infectious and other disease agents. ..
- Almoguera B, Riveiro Alvarez R, Lopez Castroman J, Dorado P, Lopez Rodriguez R, Fernandez Navarro P, et al. ATA homozigosity in the IL-10 gene promoter is a risk factor for schizophrenia in Spanish females: a case control study. BMC Med Genet. 2011;12:81 pubmed publisher..It also reinforces the need of performing complex gene studies based on multiple cytokine SNPs, including anti and pro-inflammatory, to clarify the immune system abnormalities direction in the etiology of schizophrenia. ..
- Ramaseri Sunder S, Hanumanth S, Nagaraju R, Venkata S, Suryadevara N, Pydi S, et al. IL-10 high producing genotype predisposes HIV infected individuals to TB infection. Hum Immunol. 2012;73:605-11 pubmed publisher..HIV positive individuals with GG genotype at IL-10 (-1082) position and high IL-10 levels may have a high risk of developing TB co-infection. ..
- Fife M, Gutierrez A, Ogilvie E, Stock C, Samuel J, Thomson W, et al. Novel IL10 gene family associations with systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2006;8:R148 pubmed..The two marker 'A-T' haplotype confers an odds ratio of 2.24 for sJIA. This positive association suggests an important role for these cytokines in sJIA pathogenesis. ..
- Martínez Escribano J, Moya Quiles M, Muro M, Montes Ares O, Hernández Caselles T, Frías J, et al. Interleukin-10, interleukin-6 and interferon-gamma gene polymorphisms in melanoma patients. Melanoma Res. 2002;12:465-9 pubmed..However, IL10 low expression genotypes may be associated with a poorer outcome in melanoma patients. ..
- Selvaraj P, Alagarasu K, Harishankar M, Vidyarani M, Nisha Rajeswari D, Narayanan P. Cytokine gene polymorphisms and cytokine levels in pulmonary tuberculosis. Cytokine. 2008;43:26-33 pubmed publisher..Further, +1188 polymorphism of IL-12B gene either alone or in combination with closely linked genes may regulate IL-12p40 production and may play a major role on acquired immunity to tuberculosis. ..
- Liu J, Song B, Bai X, Liu W, Li Z, Wang J, et al. Association of genetic polymorphisms in the interleukin-10 promoter with risk of prostate cancer in Chinese. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:456 pubmed publisher..Our results identify that IL-10 promoter polymorphisms might not be a risk factor for PCa in Chinese cohorts, but rather incidence of polymorphisms associates with PCa grade, suggesting that IL-10 expression may impact PCa progression. ..
- Martinez Doncel A, Rubio A, Arroyo R, De las Heras V, Martin C, Fernandez Arquero M, et al. Interleukin-10 polymorphisms in Spanish multiple sclerosis patients. J Neuroimmunol. 2002;131:168-72 pubmed..The data indicate that IL-10 is not a major susceptibility locus in MS, but in our population it might, however, have a minor role. ..
- Meenagh A, Williams F, Ross O, Patterson C, Gorodezky C, Hammond M, et al. Frequency of cytokine polymorphisms in populations from western Europe, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and South America. Hum Immunol. 2002;63:1055-61 pubmed..Five populations were investigated, Northern Ireland, South African Zulu, Omani, Singapore Chinese and Mexican Mestizos. ..
- Delgado J, Baena A, Thim S, Goldfeld A. Ethnic-specific genetic associations with pulmonary tuberculosis. J Infect Dis. 2002;186:1463-8 pubmed
- Javor J, Bucova M, Ferencik S, Grosse Wilde H, Buc M. Single nucleotide polymorphisms of cytokine genes in the healthy Slovak population. Int J Immunogenet. 2007;34:273-80 pubmed..However, several differences were found between the Slovak and four populations from Southern Europe. The obtained data represent a basis for further studies on association of cytokine gene polymorphisms with some diseases. ..
- Gao Q, Liu D, Zhang S, Jia M, Wang L, Wu L, et al. Polymorphisms of some cytokines and chronic hepatitis B and C virus infection. World J Gastroenterol. 2009;15:5610-9 pubmed..These results suggest that polymorphisms in some cytokine genes influence persistent HBV and HCV infection, clinical outcome, HCV replication, and liver damage. ..
- Havranek E, Howell W, Fussell H, Whelan J, Whelan M, Pandha H. An interleukin-10 promoter polymorphism may influence tumor development in renal cell carcinoma. J Urol. 2005;173:709-12 pubmed..In contrast to previous studies of other tumor types, no correlation could be established between IL-10-1082 polymorphism and serum IL-10. ..
- Paul Samojedny M, Kowalczyk M, Suchanek R, Owczarek A, Fila Danilow A, Szczygiel A, et al. Functional polymorphism in the interleukin-6 and interleukin-10 genes in patients with paranoid schizophrenia--a case-control study. J Mol Neurosci. 2010;42:112-9 pubmed publisher..The coexistence of genotype GG at position -1082 of IL-10 promoter sequence and genotype GC at position -174 of IL-6 promoter sequence correlates with increasing risk of paranoid schizophrenia in the Polish population. ..
- Bártfai Z, Gaede K, Russell K, Muraközy G, Müller Quernheim J, Specks U. Different gender-associated genotype risks of Wegener's granulomatosis and microscopic polyangiitis. Clin Immunol. 2003;109:330-7 pubmed..In contrast, our findings suggest a role of the enhanced IL-10 (-1082) PM in WG and MPA with a significant gender difference in MPA. ..
- Jankovic D, Kugler D, Sher A. IL-10 production by CD4+ effector T cells: a mechanism for self-regulation. Mucosal Immunol. 2010;3:239-46 pubmed publisher..In the following review, we will discuss these findings that support the general concept that production of IL-10 is an important self-regulatory function of CD4(+) T lymphocytes. ..
- Chong W, Ip W, Wong W, Lau C, Chan T, Lau Y. Association of interleukin-10 promoter polymorphisms with systemic lupus erythematosus. Genes Immun. 2004;5:484-92 pubmed..62-1.78, P=0.848). The frequency of non-ht1 was significantly increased in patients with serositis (P<0.0001, OR=2.42, 95% CI: 1.55-3.80). In conclusion, the high expression promoter genotype is associated with SLE in Chinese. ..
- Yilmaz V, Yentür S, Saruhan Direskeneli G. IL-12 and IL-10 polymorphisms and their effects on cytokine production. Cytokine. 2005;30:188-94 pubmed..IL10 proximal and distal promoter SNP distribution with estimated haplotype variations has implicated considerable similarities with the Caucasian populations in Turkey. ..
- Lee J, Kim H, Kim K, Kim S, Jang M, Park J, et al. Association of polymorphism of IL-10 and TNF-A genes with gastric cancer in Korea. Cancer Lett. 2005;225:207-14 pubmed..pylori infection status, location of GC, and histologic type of GC. In conclusion, IL-10-1082/-592 and TNF-A-308 genetic polymorphisms may not be the important contributors to GC in Korea. ..
- He G, Zhang J, Li X, Chen W, Pan Y, Yang F, et al. Interleukin-10 -1082 promoter polymorphism is associated with schizophrenia in a Han Chinese sib-pair study. Neurosci Lett. 2006;394:1-4 pubmed..1, P=0.00443). Our results also indicate that the IL-10 gene may play a significant role in the etiology of schizophrenia among Han Chinese. ..
- Erikstrup C, Kallestrup P, Zinyama Gutsire R, Gomo E, Butterworth A, Pedersen B, et al. Reduced mortality and CD4 cell loss among carriers of the interleukin-10 -1082G allele in a Zimbabwean cohort of HIV-1-infected adults. AIDS. 2007;21:2283-91 pubmed..This study supports immune activation as a driving force in HIV pathogenesis and indicates a protective role of IL-10 -1082G that should be evaluated in other cohorts. ..
- Zedan M, Settin A, Farag M, El Bayoumi M, El Regal M, El Baz R, et al. Gene polymorphisms of tumor necrosis factor alpha-308 and interleukin-10-1082 among asthmatic Egyptian children. Allergy Asthma Proc. 2008;29:268-73 pubmed publisher..Separate studies may be specified relating these cytokine genotypes to response to various modalities in asthma therapy. ..
- Ramkumar H, Shen D, Tuo J, Braziel R, Coupland S, Smith J, et al. IL-10 -1082 SNP and IL-10 in primary CNS and vitreoretinal lymphomas. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2012;250:1541-8 pubmed publisher..Higher IL-10 levels have been correlated with more aggressive disease in both PVRLs and PCNSLs, making this finding an important and potentially clinically significant observation. ..
- Kube D, Rieth H, Eskdale J, Kremsner P, Gallagher G. Structural characterisation of the distal 5' flanking region of the human interleukin-10 gene. Genes Immun. 2001;2:181-90 pubmed..The SNPs at -8571 C/T and -8531 G/A are contained within an Alu-repeat. These data should further the understanding of how the IL-10 gene is controlled in man and how its function may vary between individuals. ..
- Dijstelbloem H, Hepkema B, Kallenberg C, van der Linden M, Keijsers V, Huizinga T, et al. The R-H polymorphism of FCgamma receptor IIa as a risk factor for systemic lupus erythematosus is independent of single-nucleotide polymorphisms in the interleukin-10 gene promoter. Arthritis Rheum. 2002;46:1125-6 pubmed
- Cacev T, Radosevic S, Krizanac S, Kapitanovic S. Influence of interleukin-8 and interleukin-10 on sporadic colon cancer development and progression. Carcinogenesis. 2008;29:1572-80 pubmed publisher..023). Taken together, our results point to possible tumour promoting role of IL-8 and potential protective role of IL-10 in sporadic colon cancer. ..
- Rentzos M, Nikolaou C, Andreadou E, Paraskevas G, Rombos A, Zoga M, et al. Circulating interleukin-10 and interleukin-12 in Parkinson's disease. Acta Neurol Scand. 2009;119:332-7 pubmed publisher..The elevation of IL-10 and the significant correlation between IL-10 and IL-12, a proinflammatory cytokine, may suggest that immunological disturbances and neuroprotective mechanisms are involved in patients with PD. ..
- Mangia A, Santoro R, Piattelli M, Pazienza V, Grifa G, Iacobellis A, et al. IL-10 haplotypes as possible predictors of spontaneous clearance of HCV infection. Cytokine. 2004;25:103-9 pubmed..Our findings indicate that heterogeneity in the promoter region of the IL-10 gene has a role in determining a spontaneous favourable outcome of HCV infection. ..
- Bettaccini A, Baj A, Accolla R, Basolo F, Toniolo A. Proliferative activity of extracellular HIV-1 Tat protein in human epithelial cells: expression profile of pathogenetically relevant genes. BMC Microbiol. 2005;5:20 pubmed..These effects may favor virus replication and may facilitate the mother-to-child transmission of virus. ..
- Rousset F, Garcia E, Defrance T, Peronne C, Vezzio N, Hsu D, et al. Interleukin 10 is a potent growth and differentiation factor for activated human B lymphocytes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:1890-3 pubmedb>Interleukin 10 (IL-10), originally identified as a TH2 helper T-cell product able to inhibit cytokine production by TH1 cells, is highly homologous to BCRF1 (viral IL-10), an open reading frame in the Epstein-Barr virus genome...
- Taoufik Y, Lantz O, Wallon C, Charles A, Dussaix E, Delfraissy J. Human immunodeficiency virus gp120 inhibits interleukin-12 secretion by human monocytes: an indirect interleukin-10-mediated effect. Blood. 1997;89:2842-8 pubmed..Similar data were obtained with human macrophages. These results suggest that, during HIV infection, gp120 induces in uninfected monocytes and macrophages IL-10/IL-12 disregulation, which can alter immune response. ..
- Mizoguchi A, Mizoguchi E, Takedatsu H, Blumberg R, Bhan A. Chronic intestinal inflammatory condition generates IL-10-producing regulatory B cell subset characterized by CD1d upregulation. Immunity. 2002;16:219-30 pubmed..This study indicates that B cells, by producing cytokines such as IL-10, can act as regulatory cells in immunologically mediated inflammatory reactions. ..
- Cantor M, Nickerson P, Bernstein C. The role of cytokine gene polymorphisms in determining disease susceptibility and phenotype in inflammatory bowel disease. Am J Gastroenterol. 2005;100:1134-42 pubmed..032). The cytokine gene polymorphisms studied here do not appear to influence IBD susceptibility. There does, however, appear to be an influence on disease phenotype, particularly on CD site. ..
- Ando T, Ishikawa T, Kato H, Yoshida N, Naito Y, Kokura S, et al. Synergistic effect of HLA class II loci and cytokine gene polymorphisms on the risk of gastric cancer in Japanese patients with Helicobacter pylori infection. Int J Cancer. 2009;125:2595-602 pubmed publisher..0464, OR = 2.43, 95% CI = 1.21-4.48). Our results suggest that the HLA class II and IL-10-592A/C polymorphisms synergistically affect the susceptibility to GC development of H. pylori-infected individuals in the Japanese population. ..
- Tsilidis K, Helzlsouer K, Smith M, Grinberg V, Hoffman Bolton J, Clipp S, et al. Association of common polymorphisms in IL10, and in other genes related to inflammatory response and obesity with colorectal cancer. Cancer Causes Control. 2009;20:1739-51 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that polymorphisms in IL10, and also possibly in CRP and other genes related to immune response or obesity may be associated with colorectal cancer. ..
- Marousi S, Ellul J, Antonacopoulou A, Gogos C, Papathanasopoulos P, Karakantza M. Functional polymorphisms of interleukin 4 and interleukin 10 may predict evolution and functional outcome of an ischaemic stroke. Eur J Neurol. 2011;18:637-43 pubmed publisher..Our results merit further confirmation in future studies. ..
- Wilke C, Wang L, Wei S, Kryczek I, Huang E, Kao J, et al. Endogenous interleukin-10 constrains Th17 cells in patients with inflammatory bowel disease. J Transl Med. 2011;9:217 pubmed publisher..Endogenous IL-10 constrains Th17 cell development through the control of IL-1 production by DCs, and reaffirms the crucial anti-inflammatory role of IL-10 in patients with chronic inflammation. ..
- Beebe A, Cua D, de Waal Malefyt R. The role of interleukin-10 in autoimmune disease: systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and multiple sclerosis (MS). Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 2002;13:403-12 pubmed..Inhibition of the immune stimulatory activities of IL-10 may provide novel approaches in the treatment of humoral autoimmune diseases, infectious diseases and cancer. ..
- Shu Q, Fang X, Chen Q, Stuber F. IL-10 polymorphism is associated with increased incidence of severe sepsis. Chin Med J (Engl). 2003;116:1756-9 pubmed..In contrast, the other two highly linked IL-10 polymorphisms are not associated with incidence or the outcome of severe sepsis. ..
- Márka M, Bessenyei B, Zeher M, Semsei I. IL-10 promoter -1082 polymorphism is associated with elevated IL-10 levels in control subjects but does not explain elevated plasma IL-10 observed in Sjögren's syndrome in a Hungarian cohort. Scand J Immunol. 2005;62:474-80 pubmed..Thus, other genetic factors contribute to the clinical spectrum of this heterogeneous disease at least in the Hungarian population. ..
- Sumer A, Kara N, Keles G, Gunes S, Koprulu H, Bagci H. Association of interleukin-10 gene polymorphisms with severe generalized chronic periodontitis. J Periodontol. 2007;78:493-7 pubmed..Within the limitations of sample selection and number, the IL-10 gene polymorphism at position -597 seems to be associated with severe generalized CP. ..
- Reichert S, Machulla H, Klapproth J, Zimmermann U, Reichert Y, Gläser C, et al. The interleukin-10 promoter haplotype ATA is a putative risk factor for aggressive periodontitis. J Periodontal Res. 2008;43:40-7 pubmed publisher..intermedia occurred more frequently (86.7 vs. 42.3%, p = 0.002). The haplotype ATA, which is known as a 'low interleukin-10 producer' is a putative risk indicator for generalized aggressive periodontitis. ..
- Stonek F, Metzenbauer M, Hafner E, Philipp K, Tempfer C. Interleukin-10 -1082 G/A promoter polymorphism and pregnancy complications: results of a prospective cohort study in 1,616 pregnant women. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2008;87:430-3 pubmed publisher..IL-10 -1082 G/A polymorphism is not a genetic marker for identifying women at increased risk of common pregnancy complications. ..
- Kim K, Lee K, Hong J, Kim M, Heo W, Sohn M, et al. Involvement of IL-10 gene promoter polymorphisms in the susceptibility for childhood asthma. Lung. 2011;189:417-23 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the polymorphisms within the IL-10 promoter may have a disease-modifying effect in the asthmatic airway. ..
- Zhou Y, Giscombe R, Huang D, Lefvert A. Novel genetic association of Wegener's granulomatosis with the interleukin 10 gene. J Rheumatol. 2002;29:317-20 pubmed..This polymorphism has earlier been associated with high autoantibody production. Our results indicate that the IL-10 gene may influence the disease, perhaps by influencing the production of autoantibodies. ..
- Bartz H, Büning Pfaue F, Türkel O, Schauer U. Respiratory syncytial virus induces prostaglandin E2, IL-10 and IL-11 generation in antigen presenting cells. Clin Exp Immunol. 2002;129:438-45 pubmed..Since IL-10, IL-11 and PGE2 are known to act immunosuppressive rather than proinflammatory, these mediators might be responsible for the delayed protective RSV specific immune response. ..
- Nieters A, Yuan J, Sun C, Zhang Z, Stoehlmacher J, Govindarajan S, et al. Effect of cytokine genotypes on the hepatitis B virus-hepatocellular carcinoma association. Cancer. 2005;103:740-8 pubmed..0 (95% confidence interval, 1.7-235.0). Diminished cell-mediated immune response, which is controlled genetically, appeared to be an important risk determinant of HBV-related hepatocellular carcinogenesis. ..
- Taga K, Cherney B, Tosato G. IL-10 inhibits apoptotic cell death in human T cells starved of IL-2. Int Immunol. 1993;5:1599-608 pubmed..Thus, another property of IL-10 is to promote the survival of IL-2-dependent T cells otherwise destined to die by apoptosis. ..
- Tangsinmankong N, Day N, Good R, Haraguchi S. Monocytes are target cells for IL-10 induction by HIV-1 Nef protein. Cytokine. 2000;12:1506-11 pubmed..By contrast, SEA induced IL-10 production as well as mRNA expression using T lymphocytes but not with monocytes or B lymphocytes. ..
- Lio D, Scola L, Crivello A, Colonna Romano G, Candore G, BonaFe M, et al. Gender-specific association between -1082 IL-10 promoter polymorphism and longevity. Genes Immun. 2002;3:30-3 pubmed..Thus, it is intriguing that the possession of -1082G genotype, suggested to be associated with IL-10 high production, is significantly increased in centenarians. ..
- Khoa P, Sugiyama T, Yokochi T. Polymorphism of interleukin-10 promoter and tumor necrosis factor receptor II in Vietnamese patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Clin Rheumatol. 2005;24:11-3 pubmed..It was therefore suggested that the polymorphism of the IL-10 promoter, but not TNFRII, might participate in the pathogenesis of SLE in Vietnamese. ..
- Bermudez Morales V, Gutierrez L, Alcocer Gonzalez J, Burguete A, Madrid Marina V. Correlation between IL-10 gene expression and HPV infection in cervical cancer: a mechanism for immune response escape. Cancer Invest. 2008;26:1037-43 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a clear relationship between IL-10, HPV and the stage of cervical cancer disease; this event could contribute to the immunosuppressive micro-environment in the tumor site. ..