Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IL-10
Description: interleukin 10
Alias: CSIF, GVHDS, IL-10, IL10A, TGIF, interleukin-10, T-cell growth inhibitory factor, cytokine synthesis inhibitory factor
Publications140 found, 100 shown here
- Brewer G, Saccani S, Sarkar S, Lewis A, Pestka S. Increased interleukin-10 mRNA stability in melanoma cells is associated with decreased levels of A + U-rich element binding factor AUF1. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2003;23:553-64 pubmed..Together, these data suggest a mechanism whereby reduced cytoplasmic levels of AUF1 in MNT1 melanoma cells may lead to IL-10 overexpression, with deleterious consequences for tumor surveillance and rejection. ..
- Munro L, Johnston P, Marshall N, Canning S, Hewitt S, Tveita K, et al. Polymorphisms in the interleukin-10 and interferon gamma genes in Hodgkin lymphoma. Leuk Lymphoma. 2003;44:2083-8 pubmed..No statistically significant differences were detected when the results were analysed by genotype. We found little evidence IL-10 and IFNgamma genotypes predispose to the development of HL or influence the inflammatory host response. ..
- Michaud D, Daugherty S, Berndt S, Platz E, Yeager M, Crawford E, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of interleukin-1B (IL-1B), IL-6, IL-8, and IL-10 and risk of prostate cancer. Cancer Res. 2006;66:4525-30 pubmed..At least seven common polymorphisms in genes of inflammatory cytokines IL-1B, IL-6, IL-8, and IL-10 do not seem to play a role in the risk of prostate cancer. ..
- Williams A, Steffens F, Reinecke C, Meyer D. The Th1/Th2/Th17 cytokine profile of HIV-infected individuals: a multivariate cytokinomics approach. Cytokine. 2013;61:521-6 pubmed publisher..This possibility was supported by other clinical indicators. Taken together, the measured cytokines (IL-6, 10 and 17) have potential prognostic value. ..
- Nylen S, Maurya R, Eidsmo L, Manandhar K, Sundar S, Sacks D. Splenic accumulation of IL-10 mRNA in T cells distinct from CD4+CD25+ (Foxp3) regulatory T cells in human visceral leishmaniasis. J Exp Med. 2007;204:805-17 pubmed..The elevated levels of IL-10 in VL plasma significantly enhanced the growth of L. donovani amastigotes in human macrophages. The data implicate IL-10-producing CD25(-)Foxp3(-) T cells in the pathogenesis of human VL. ..
- Raedler D, Illi S, Pinto L, von Mutius E, Illig T, Kabesch M, et al. IL10 polymorphisms influence neonatal immune responses, atopic dermatitis, and wheeze at age 3 years. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2013;131:789-96 pubmed publisher..This was relevant for further development of immune-mediated diseases, such as AD and wheeze, in early childhood. ..
- Chenjiao Y, Zili F, Haibin C, Ying L, Sheng X, Lihua H, et al. IL-10 promoter polymorphisms affect IL-10 production and associate with susceptibility to acute myeloid leukemia. Pharmazie. 2013;68:201-6 pubmed..The research suggested the IL-10 SNPs at -819 and -592 sites were associated with AML and may affect the IL-10 mRNA expression in AML patients in Han people of Hunan province. ..
- Ioana Braicu E, Mustea A, Toliat M, Pirvulescu C, Könsgen D, Sun P, et al. Polymorphism of IL-1alpha, IL-1beta and IL-10 in patients with advanced ovarian cancer: results of a prospective study with 147 patients. Gynecol Oncol. 2007;104:680-5 pubmed..Polymorphism in IL-10 gene seems to influence the overall and disease-free survival rate. Subsequent multi-institutional studies with high number of patients are warranted to confirm these results. ..
- Toltl L, Beaudin S, Liaw P. Activated protein C up-regulates IL-10 and inhibits tissue factor in blood monocytes. J Immunol. 2008;181:2165-73 pubmed..Our data further suggest that these activities of recombinant activated protein C are directly linked: the recombinant activated protein C-mediated up-regulation of IL-10 reduces TF in circulating monocytes. ..
- Pan F, Tian J, Pan Y, Zhang Y. Association of IL-10-1082 promoter polymorphism with susceptibility to gastric cancer: evidence from 22 case-control studies. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:7143-54 pubmed publisher..G: OR = 0.524, 95% CI = 0.374-0.733, P < 0.001). Taken together, this meta-analysis suggests that IL-10-1082 polymorphism is associated with GC risk. ..
- Kesarwani P, Ahirwar D, Mandhani A, Singh A, Dalela D, Srivastava A, et al. IL-10 -1082 G>A: a risk for prostate cancer but may be protective against progression of prostate cancer in North Indian cohort. World J Urol. 2009;27:389-96 pubmed publisher..Our findings of high producer of IL-10 -1082 variants suggest initiation of PCa. Future studies in large cohort of different ethnicity PCa groups are warranted to establish definite associations with other cytokine gene polymorphisms. ..
- Yan Z, Tan W, Zhao W, Dan Y, Wang X, Mao Q, et al. Regulatory polymorphisms in the IL-10 gene promoter and HBV-related acute liver failure in the Chinese population. J Viral Hepat. 2009;16:775-83 pubmed publisherRecent reports indicated that high levels of interleukin 10 (IL-10) contribute to the monocytes paralysis and poor clinical outcome in acute liver failure (ALF)...
- Ribeiro F, Alves A, Teixeira M, Miranda F, Azevedo C, Duarte J, et al. Exercise training increases interleukin-10 after an acute myocardial infarction: a randomised clinical trial. Int J Sports Med. 2012;33:192-8 pubmed publisher..6±112.1 vs. 94.1±90.0 ng/mL and 7.3±41.0 vs. 35.0±39 ng/mL, P<0.05). In conclusion, exercise training improved the inflammatory profile in post myocardial infarction patients by enhancing the anti-inflammatory cytokine IL-10. ..
- Hulkkonen J, Pertovaara M, Antonen J, Lahdenpohja N, Pasternack A, Hurme M. Genetic association between interleukin-10 promoter region polymorphisms and primary Sjögren's syndrome. Arthritis Rheum. 2001;44:176-9 pubmed..This effect is probably mediated by the increased capability to produce IL-10 among carriers of the GCC haplotype. ..
- Mocellin S, Panelli M, Wang E, Nagorsen D, Marincola F. The dual role of IL-10. Trends Immunol. 2003;24:36-43 pubmed..Additional proinflammatory stimuli might subsequently lead to maturation of "loaded" APCs that could migrate to draining lymph nodes or recruit and activate adaptive immune effectors locally. ..
- Bouzgarrou N, Hassen E, Farhat K, Bahri O, Gabbouj S, Maamouri N, et al. Combined analysis of interferon-gamma and interleukin-10 gene polymorphisms and chronic hepatitis C severity. Hum Immunol. 2009;70:230-6 pubmed publisher..015). In conclusion, our findings suggest that the imbalance between the pro-inflammatory and anti-inflammatory responses mediated by polymorphisms in the IFNgamma and IL-10 genes may influence the outcome of chronic HCV infection. ..
- Lard L, Van Gaalen F, Schonkeren J, Pieterman E, Stoeken G, Vos K, et al. Association of the -2849 interleukin-10 promoter polymorphism with autoantibody production and joint destruction in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2003;48:1841-8 pubmed..The -2849 IL-10 promoter polymorphism is associated with autoantibody production and subsequent joint damage in RA. ..
- Gessani S, Borghi P, Fantuzzi L, Varano B, Conti L, Puddu P, et al. Induction of cytokines by HIV-1 and its gp120 protein in human peripheral blood monocyte/macrophages and modulation of cytokine response during differentiation. J Leukoc Biol. 1997;62:49-53 pubmed
- Zheng C, Huang D, Liu L, Wu R, Bergenbrant Glas S, Osterborg A, et al. Interleukin-10 gene promoter polymorphisms in multiple myeloma. Int J Cancer. 2001;95:184-8 pubmed..G allele 136, as compared with the other IL10.G genotype carriers (non-136/non-136). These results suggest that the genetic variation in the IL-10 promoter region may play a role in the development of MM. ..
- Pacheco A, Cardoso C, Moraes M. IFNG +874T/A, IL10 -1082G/A and TNF -308G/A polymorphisms in association with tuberculosis susceptibility: a meta-analysis study. Hum Genet. 2008;123:477-84 pubmed publisher..This data reinforces the critical importance of IFNG +874T/A as a genetic marker for TB resistance and this information can be used for better design of a TB vaccine. ..
- Weng K, Hsieh K, Hwang Y, Huang S, Lai T, Yuh Y, et al. IL-10 polymorphisms are associated with coronary artery lesions in acute stage of Kawasaki disease. Circ J. 2010;74:983-9 pubmed..The effects of IL-10 gene polymorphism on CALs in acute KD are important. The persistence of CALs in chronic stage depends much more on other factors such as the times of intravenous immunoglobulin treatment. ..
- de Jong B, Westendorp R, Eskdale J, Uitdehaag B, Huizinga T. Frequency of functional interleukin-10 promoter polymorphism is different between relapse-onset and primary progressive multiple sclerosis. Hum Immunol. 2002;63:281-5 pubmed..The frequency of this polymorphism is lower among patients with primary progressive compared with patients with relapse-onset MS and control persons. ..
- Logsdon N, Jones B, Josephson K, Cook J, Walter M. Comparison of interleukin-22 and interleukin-10 soluble receptor complexes. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2002;22:1099-112 pubmed..Three-dimensional models of IL-22 and IL-10 receptor complexes suggest two receptor residues (Gly-44 and Arg-96) are largely responsible for the marked differences in ligand affinity observed for sIL-10R1 and sIL-22R vs. sIL-10R2. ..
- Sung Y, Park B, Shin H, Kim L, Kim S, Bae S. Interleukin-10 gene polymorphisms are associated with the SLICC/ACR Damage Index in systemic lupus erythematosus. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2006;45:400-4 pubmed..However, IL10-592A-->C, IL10+955T-->G and IL10-ht2 are significantly associated with the SDI, suggesting that IL10-592C, IL10+955G and IL10-ht2 accelerate the damage induced by SLE. ..
- Elhawary T, Demerdash H, Sweilam M. Relationship between interleukin-10 polymorphism and maternal serum leptin level in preeclampsia. Clin Exp Hypertens. 2013;35:367-72 pubmed publisher..05) However, it was not significant with regard to the frequency of AG genotype (P > .05). The serum leptin was found to be significantly higher in preeclampsia group and with a more significant increase in AA genotype. ..
- Gentile D, Doyle W, Zeevi A, Howe Adams J, Kapadia S, Trecki J, et al. Cytokine gene polymorphisms moderate illness severity in infants with respiratory syncytial virus infection. Hum Immunol. 2003;64:338-44 pubmed
- Zhu Y, Wang J, He Q, Zhang J. The association between interleukin-10-592 polymorphism and gastric cancer risk: a meta-analysis. Med Oncol. 2011;28:133-6 pubmed publisher..This meta-analysis suggested that IL-10-592 allele polymorphism might be a risk factor for gastric cancer among Asians. ..
- Zeng X, Li Y, Liu T, Zhang J. Diverse H. pylori strains, IL-10 promoter polymorphisms with high morbidity of gastric cancer in Hexi area of Gansu Province, China. Mol Cell Biochem. 2012;362:241-8 pubmed publisher..pylori-infected patients and IL-10 promoter polymorphisms and H. pylori have a synergistic effect on gastric cancer in Hexi population. ..
- Kim J, Cho Y, Choi I, Lee Y, Kim S, Shin A, et al. Effects of interleukin-10 polymorphisms, Helicobacter pylori infection, and smoking on the risk of noncardia gastric cancer. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29643 pubmed publisher..pylori infection and smoking to increase the risk of noncardia gastric cancer, particularly the intestinal-type. These findings may be helpful in identifying individuals at an increased risk for developing noncardia gastric cancer. ..
- Wilson J, Rowlands K, Rockett K, Moore C, Lockhart E, Sharland M, et al. Genetic variation at the IL10 gene locus is associated with severity of respiratory syncytial virus bronchiolitis. J Infect Dis. 2005;191:1705-9 pubmed..7; P=.004) with the need for mechanical ventilation. These data are consistent with the theory that IL10 plays a role in the severity of RSV infection in infants. ..
- Chatterjee A, Rathore A, Sivarama P, Yamamoto N, Dhole T. Genetic association of IL-10 gene promoter polymorphism and HIV-1 infection in North Indians. J Clin Immunol. 2009;29:71-7 pubmed publisher..181 and p = 0.002, OR = 4.156, respectively). This study reports for the first time that IL-10 gene promoter 592 C/A polymorphism may be a risk factor for HIV-1 transmission/progression in HIV-1 infected North Indian individuals. ..
- Erdogan M, Karadeniz M, Ozbek M, Ozgen A, Berdeli A. Interleukin-10 gene polymorphism in patients with papillary thyroid cancer in Turkish population. J Endocrinol Invest. 2008;31:750-4 pubmed..In conclusion, IL-10(-1082 G/A) gene polymorphism may affect the survival of papillary thyroid carcinoma. ..
- Wang X, Hurme M, Jylha M, Hervonen A. Lack of association between human longevity and polymorphisms of IL-1 cluster, IL-6, IL-10 and TNF-alpha genes in Finnish nonagenarians. Mech Ageing Dev. 2001;123:29-38 pubmed..Thus, there is no evidence of an association of IL-1 complex, IL-6, IL-10, and TNF-alpha gene polymorphisms with longevity, alone or in combination. ..
- Tilg H, Ulmer H, Kaser A, Weiss G. Role of IL-10 for induction of anemia during inflammation. J Immunol. 2002;169:2204-9 pubmed
- Hattori H, Matsuzaki A, Suminoe A, Ihara K, Nagatoshi Y, Sakata N, et al. Polymorphisms of transforming growth factor-beta1 and transforming growth factor-beta1 type II receptor genes are associated with acute graft-versus-host disease in children with HLA-matched sibling bone marrow transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2002;30:665-71 pubmed..16; P = 0.01). In conclusion, genetic backgrounds of TGF-beta1 and TGF-beta1 RII may be involved in the development of aGVHD in HLA-matched sibling BMT in Japanese children. ..
- Schotte H, Gaubitz M, Willeke P, Tidow N, Assmann G, Domschke W, et al. Interleukin-10 promoter microsatellite polymorphisms in systemic lupus erythematosus: association with the anti-Sm immune response. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2004;43:1357-63 pubmed..However, the identification of genetic markers such as the IL-10 high-response haplotype R2-G14 predisposing for the production of anti-Sm antibodies may help to elucidate the conditions that lead to the development of SLE. ..
- Baranowska Bik A, Bik W, Wolinska Witort E, Martynska L, Chmielowska M, Barcikowska M, et al. Plasma beta amyloid and cytokine profile in women with Alzheimer's disease. Neuro Endocrinol Lett. 2008;29:75-9 pubmed..However, those differences were not statistically significant. In addition, we did not detect any correlations between plasma beta amyloid and investigated cytokines. ..
- Tedde A, Laura Putignano A, Bagnoli S, Congregati C, Milla M, Sorbi S, et al. Interleukin-10 promoter polymorphisms influence susceptibility to ulcerative colitis in a gender-specific manner. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2008;43:712-8 pubmed publisher..This finding could be related to the previously documented lower IL10 production associated with the -1082A allele and to the IL10 down-regulating effect of estrogens. ..
- Martire Greco D, Rodriguez Rodrigues N, Landoni V, Rearte B, Isturiz M, Fernandez G. Interleukin-10 controls human peripheral PMN activation triggered by lipopolysaccharide. Cytokine. 2013;62:426-32 pubmed publisher..Additionally, IL-10 prevented other possible mechanisms of LPS priming. Therefore, IL-10 modulates PMN activation preventing autocrine activating loops and priming mechanisms, rendering PMN less responsive to a second LPS exposure. ..
- Hennig B, Parkhill J, Chapple I, Heasman P, Taylor J. Dinucleotide repeat polymorphism in the interleukin-10 gene promoter (IL-10.G) and genetic susceptibility to early-onset periodontal disease. Genes Immun. 2000;1:402-4 pubmed..We conclude that this study provides no evidence for a role of IL-10.G alleles in genetic susceptibility to EOP. ..
- Alakulppi N, Kyllönen L, Salo H, Partanen J, Salmela K, Laine J. The impact of donor cytokine gene polymorphisms on the incidence of cytomegalovirus infection after kidney transplantation. Transpl Immunol. 2006;16:258-62 pubmed..3, 95% CI=0.09-0.96, p=0.043). Recipient polymorphisms did not reduce the incidence of CMV infection. We conclude that donor IL10 gene polymorphisms may influence the likelihood of CMV infection in the high risk patients investigated. ..
- Goverdhan S, Ennis S, Hannan S, Madhusudhana K, Cree A, Luff A, et al. Interleukin-8 promoter polymorphism -251A/T is a risk factor for age-related macular degeneration. Br J Ophthalmol. 2008;92:537-40 pubmed publisher..043, OR = 1.23, 95% CI = 1.0 to 1.50). The pro-inflammatory homozygous IL8 -251AA genotype is an important risk factor for AMD. This may have implications for future therapy with biological agents that could target this cytokine. ..
- Deans D, Tan B, Ross J, Rose Zerilli M, Wigmore S, Howell W, et al. Cancer cachexia is associated with the IL10 -1082 gene promoter polymorphism in patients with gastroesophageal malignancy. Am J Clin Nutr. 2009;89:1164-72 pubmed publisher..3 times increased risk of developing cachexia (95% CI: 1.2, 4.3; P = 0.014). These data suggest that the IL10 genotype of the host can influence the development of cachexia among patients with gastroesophageal malignancy. ..
- Szkaradkiewicz A, Karpiński T, Drews M, Borejsza Wysocki M, Majewski P, Andrzejewska E. Natural killer cell cytotoxicity and immunosuppressive cytokines (IL-10, TGF-beta1) in patients with gastric cancer. J Biomed Biotechnol. 2010;2010:901564 pubmed publisher..Gastric carcinoma cells may release IL-10, the suppressive activity of which may in a secondary manner decrease NK cytotoxicity. ..
- Tiemessen M, Van Ieperen Van Dijk A, Bruijnzeel Koomen C, Garssen J, Knol E, van Hoffen E. Cow's milk-specific T-cell reactivity of children with and without persistent cow's milk allergy: key role for IL-10. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2004;113:932-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that activated CD4(+) T cells (characterized by a high CD25 expression) might contribute to the tolerogenic immune response toward an antigen, such as cow's milk, through the production of IL-10. ..
- Seifart C, Plagens A, Dempfle A, Clostermann U, Vogelmeier C, von Wichert P, et al. TNF-alpha, TNF-beta, IL-6, and IL-10 polymorphisms in patients with lung cancer. Dis Markers. 2005;21:157-65 pubmed..The functional IL-10-1082 polymorphism correlates with altered IL-10 levels and might influence lung cancer susceptibility by altered inflammatory responses in the airways. ..
- Con S, Takeuchi H, Con Chin G, Con Chin V, Yasuda N, Con Wong R. Role of bacterial and genetic factors in gastric cancer in Costa Rica. World J Gastroenterol. 2009;15:211-8 pubmed
- Dato S, Krabbe K, Thinggaard M, Pedersen B, Christensen K, Bruunsgaard H, et al. Commonly studied polymorphisms in inflammatory cytokine genes show only minor effects on mortality and related risk factors in nonagenarians. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2010;65:225-35 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, in this large study with virtually complete follow-up, commonly studied polymorphisms in cytokine genes do not have a major impact on late-life survival or associated risk phenotypes. ..
- Zdanov A, Schalk Hihi C, Gustchina A, Tsang M, Weatherbee J, Wlodawer A. Crystal structure of interleukin-10 reveals the functional dimer with an unexpected topological similarity to interferon gamma. Structure. 1995;3:591-601 pubmed..The good level of refinement and high resolution of this structure show that the internal disorder often associated with other helical cytokines is not an essential feature of this class of proteins. ..
- Speth C, Joebstl B, Barcova M, Dierich M. HIV-1 envelope protein gp41 modulates expression of interleukin-10 and chemokine receptors on monocytes, astrocytes and neurones. AIDS. 2000;14:629-36 pubmed..Expression of the chemokine receptor CXCR4 was only slightly altered. These findings suggest a role for gp41 in the modulation of brain-specific host defence, cell migration and cell infectivity by HIV. ..
- Schaaf B, Boehmke F, Esnaashari H, Seitzer U, Kothe H, Maass M, et al. Pneumococcal septic shock is associated with the interleukin-10-1082 gene promoter polymorphism. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2003;168:476-80 pubmed..04). In conclusion, interleukin-10 polymorphism, associated with high interleukin-10 inducibility, might influence the outcome of pneumococcal infection via induced immunosuppression and impaired bacterial clearance. ..
- Salhi A, Rodrigues V, Santoro F, Dessein H, Romano A, Castellano L, et al. Immunological and genetic evidence for a crucial role of IL-10 in cutaneous lesions in humans infected with Leishmania braziliensis. J Immunol. 2008;180:6139-48 pubmed..These observations demonstrate an important role for IL-10 in skin lesions in humans infected with L. braziliensis, and identify circulating monocytes and Tregs as principal sources of IL-10 in these patients. ..
- Bennasser Y, Bahraoui E. HIV-1 Tat protein induces interleukin-10 in human peripheral blood monocytes: involvement of protein kinase C-betaII and -delta. FASEB J. 2002;16:546-54 pubmed..Altogether, these results suggest that the induction of IL-10 by Tat is strictly dependent on the PKC-delta and -betaII isoforms. ..
- Moraes M, Santos A, Schonkeren J, Vanderborght P, Ottenhoff T, Moraes M, et al. Interleukin-10 promoter haplotypes are differently distributed in the Brazilian versus the Dutch population. Immunogenetics. 2003;54:896-9 pubmed
- Paladino N, Fainboim H, Theiler G, Schroder T, Muñoz A, Flores A, et al. Gender susceptibility to chronic hepatitis C virus infection associated with interleukin 10 promoter polymorphism. J Virol. 2006;80:9144-50 pubmedElevated levels of interleukin 10 (IL-10) were previously described for chronically hepatitis C virus (HCV)-infected patients...
- Vuoristo M. The polymorphisms of interleukin-10 gene influence the prognosis of patients with advanced melanoma. Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2007;176:54-7 pubmed..ATA haplotype carriage appears to increase the susceptibility to melanoma. This is not a significant prognostic factor in localized melanoma, but in advanced disease, it implies longer survival. ..
- Verma V, Chakravarti A, Kar P. Cytokine levels of TGF-beta, IL-10, and sTNFalphaRII in type C chronic liver disease. Dig Dis Sci. 2008;53:2233-7 pubmed..It is inferred that cytokine levels reflect the level of inflammation in chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection and can be used as indirect markers to assess the severity of liver disease. ..
- Meiler F, Zumkehr J, Klunker S, Rückert B, Akdis C, Akdis M. In vivo switch to IL-10-secreting T regulatory cells in high dose allergen exposure. J Exp Med. 2008;205:2887-98 pubmed publisher..Thus, rapid switch and expansion of IL-10-producing Tr1 cells and the use of multiple suppressive factors represent essential mechanisms in immune tolerance to a high dose of allergens in nonallergic individuals. ..
- Smith K, Bateman A, Fussell H, Howell W. Cytokine gene polymorphisms and breast cancer susceptibility and prognosis. Eur J Immunogenet. 2004;31:167-73 pubmed..02, Pc = 0.36 and P = 0.05, Pc = 0.90, respectively). These results suggest that the role of cytokine promoter SNPs in both susceptibility to and prognosis in breast cancer requires further investigation in a larger study. ..
- Bai X, Sun L, Liu J, Chen W, Zhang Y, Yuan Y. [Correlation of interleukin-10-1082G/a single nucleotide polymorphism to the risk of gastric cancer in north China: a case-control study]. Ai Zheng. 2008;27:35-40 pubmed..05). The susceptibility to gastric cancer is higher in the subjects with IL-10-1082 AG+GG genotype. There is no synergism between IL-10-1082G/A SNP and H.pylori infection. ..
- Weber Nordt R, Riley J, Greenlund A, Moore K, Darnell J, Schreiber R. Stat3 recruitment by two distinct ligand-induced, tyrosine-phosphorylated docking sites in the interleukin-10 receptor intracellular domain. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:27954-61 pubmed..the mechanism underlying signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT) protein recruitment to the interleukin 10 (IL-10) receptor, the STAT proteins activated by IL-10 in different cell populations were first defined using ..
- Muraközy G, Gaede K, Zissel G, Schlaak M, Muller Quernheim J. Analysis of gene polymorphisms in interleukin-10 and transforming growth factor-beta 1 in sarcoidosis. Sarcoidosis Vasc Diffuse Lung Dis. 2001;18:165-9 pubmed..7-23.2, 54.4-68.4 and 21.1-26.4 percent for AA, AG and GG. Statistical comparisons of the allele and genotype frequencies between the clinical defined sarcoidosis groups and the healthy blood donors revealed no significant differences. ..
- Josephson K, Logsdon N, Walter M. Crystal structure of the IL-10/IL-10R1 complex reveals a shared receptor binding site. Immunity. 2001;15:35-46 pubmedb>Interleukin 10 (IL-10) is a dimeric cytokine that plays a central role in suppressing inflammatory responses. These activities are dependent on the interaction of IL-10 with its high-affinity receptor (IL-10R1)...
- Fickenscher H, Hor S, Küpers H, Knappe A, Wittmann S, Sticht H. The interleukin-10 family of cytokines. Trends Immunol. 2002;23:89-96 pubmed
- López Maderuelo D, Arnalich F, Serantes R, Gonzalez A, Codoceo R, Madero R, et al. Interferon-gamma and interleukin-10 gene polymorphisms in pulmonary tuberculosis. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2003;167:970-5 pubmed..Thus, a genetic defect in the production of interferon-gamma in individuals homozygous for the (+874) A allele could contribute to their increased risk of developing tuberculosis. ..
- Nath S, Harley J, Lee Y. Polymorphisms of complement receptor 1 and interleukin-10 genes and systemic lupus erythematosus: a meta-analysis. Hum Genet. 2005;118:225-34 pubmed..G11 allele and SLE in whole populations and the association between promoter -A1082G polymorphism and SLE in Asians. ..
- Mullan R, Bergstralh E, Farmer S, Jacobson D, Hebbring S, Cunningham J, et al. Growth factor, cytokine, and vitamin D receptor polymorphisms and risk of benign prostatic hyperplasia in a community-based cohort of men. Urology. 2006;67:300-5 pubmed..36, 95% CI 1.06 to 1.74). These findings suggest that transforming growth factor-beta 1, tumor necrosis factor-alpha, epidermal growth factor receptor, and vitamin D receptor polymorphisms may be involved in the pathogenesis of BPH. ..
- He B, Qiao X, Klasse P, Chiu A, Chadburn A, Knowles D, et al. HIV-1 envelope triggers polyclonal Ig class switch recombination through a CD40-independent mechanism involving BAFF and C-type lectin receptors. J Immunol. 2006;176:3931-41 pubmed..Chronic activation of B cells through this CD40-independent pathway could impair protective T cell-dependent Ab responses by inducing immune exhaustion. ..
- Gee K, Angel J, Ma W, Mishra S, Gajanayaka N, Parato K, et al. Intracellular HIV-Tat expression induces IL-10 synthesis by the CREB-1 transcription factor through Ser133 phosphorylation and its regulation by the ERK1/2 MAPK in human monocytic cells. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:31647-58 pubmed..Overall, our results suggest that intracellular HIV-Tat induces IL-10 transcription by ERK MAPK-dependent CREB-1 transcription factor activation through Ser(133) phosphorylation. ..
- Xavier G, de Sá A, Guimaraes A, da Silva T, Gomez R. Investigation of functional gene polymorphisms interleukin-1beta, interleukin-6, interleukin-10 and tumor necrosis factor in individuals with oral lichen planus. J Oral Pathol Med. 2007;36:476-81 pubmed..Our findings clearly demonstrate an association between inheritance of IL-6 and TNFA gene polymorphisms and OLP occurrence, thus giving additional support for genetic basis of this disease. ..
- Zabaleta J, Lin H, Sierra R, Hall M, Clark P, Sartor O, et al. Interactions of cytokine gene polymorphisms in prostate cancer risk. Carcinogenesis. 2008;29:573-8 pubmed publisher..92, 95% CI = 1.13-7.55) and the genotype combination of TNF-238GG plus IL10-592AA (OR = 2.14, 95% CI = 1.05-4.38). Our results highlight the importance of cytokine SNPs and their interactions in CaP risk. ..
- Schroeder O, Schulte K, Schroeder J, Ekkernkamp A, Laun R. The -1082 interleukin-10 polymorphism is associated with acute respiratory failure after major trauma: a prospective cohort study. Surgery. 2008;143:233-42 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the IL-10 -1082 genotype may be a risk marker for development of acute respiratory failure after trauma. ..
- Buisson S, Benlahrech A, Gazzard B, Gotch F, Kelleher P, Patterson S. Monocyte-derived dendritic cells from HIV type 1-infected individuals show reduced ability to stimulate T cells and have altered production of interleukin (IL)-12 and IL-10. J Infect Dis. 2009;199:1862-71 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that MDDCs used in therapeutic vaccination of HIV-infected individuals may show reduced potency. ..
- Schottelius A, Mayo M, Sartor R, Baldwin A. Interleukin-10 signaling blocks inhibitor of kappaB kinase activity and nuclear factor kappaB DNA binding. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:31868-74 pubmed..This is the first evidence of an anti-inflammatory protein inhibiting IKK activity and demonstrates that IKK is a logical target for blocking inflammatory diseases. ..
- Josephson K, McPherson D, Walter M. Purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction of a complex between IL-10 and soluble IL-10R1. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2001;57:1908-11 pubmed..9 A. The IL-10 dimer is positioned on a crystallographic twofold, resulting in one IL-10 chain and one sIL-10R1 chain in the asymmetric unit, which corresponds to a solvent content of approximately 44%. ..
- Gallagher P, Lowe G, Fitzgerald T, Bella A, Greene C, McElvaney N, et al. Association of IL-10 polymorphism with severity of illness in community acquired pneumonia. Thorax. 2003;58:154-6 pubmed..Additionally, no interaction between all three SNP genotypes and disease severity was observed. A polymorphism affecting IL-10 expression may influence the severity of illness in patients with CAP. ..
- Treszl A, Kocsis I, Szathmari M, Schuler A, Heninger E, Tulassay T, et al. Genetic variants of TNF-[FC12]a, IL-1beta, IL-4 receptor [FC12]a-chain, IL-6 and IL-10 genes are not risk factors for sepsis in low-birth-weight infants. Biol Neonate. 2003;83:241-5 pubmed..We concluded that these genetic polymorphisms do not influence the risk and course of sepsis in VLBW neonates. ..
- Tait K, Nithiyananthan R, Heward J, Barnett A, Franklyn J, Gough S. Polymorphisms of interleukin 4 receptor gene and interleukin 10 gene are not associated with Graves' disease in the UK. Autoimmunity. 2004;37:189-94 pubmed..Cytokines, such as interleukin 4 (IL-4) and interleukin 10 (IL-10), are involved in the immune response and may be implicated in the autoimmune disease process...
- Alonso R, Suarez A, Castro P, Lacave A, Gutierrez C. Influence of interleukin-10 genetic polymorphism on survival rates in melanoma patients with advanced disease. Melanoma Res. 2005;15:53-60 pubmed..In conclusion, the frequency of genetic variants in the IL-10 gene promoter was not associated with melanoma appearance, but conditioned the age at diagnosis in males and the overall survival in patients with advanced disease. ..
- Basturk B, Yavascaoglu I, Vuruskan H, Goral G, Oktay B, Oral H. Cytokine gene polymorphisms as potential risk and protective factors in renal cell carcinoma. Cytokine. 2005;30:41-5 pubmed..The number of the cases has to be increased to investigate the independency of these polymorphisms involved in the oncogenesis of RCC. ..
- Pawlik A, Kurzawski M, Szklarz B, Herczynska M, Drozdzik M. Interleukin-10 promoter polymorphism in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Clin Rheumatol. 2005;24:480-4 pubmed..We suggest that IL-10 promoter polymorphism is not a genetic risk factor for RA activity. ..
- Shih C, Lee Y, Chiou H, Hsu W, Chen W, Chou M, et al. The involvement of genetic polymorphism of IL-10 promoter in non-small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2005;50:291-7 pubmed..65-10.4, p<0.0001], C allele of IL-10-819 [OR=1.57, 95% CI 1.15-2.16, p=0.005], C allele of IL-10-592 [OR=1.59, 95% CI 1.15-2.19, p=0.005]. The polymorphisms of IL-10 genes were significantly associated with the occurrence of NSCLC. ..
- Zoodsma M, Nolte I, Schipper M, Oosterom E, van der Steege G, de Vries E, et al. Interleukin-10 and Fas polymorphisms and susceptibility for (pre)neoplastic cervical disease. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2005;15 Suppl 3:282-90 pubmed..Further investigations with a higher density of markers are necessary to find the causal mutation. ..