Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IL-10
Description: interleukin 10
Alias: CSIF, GVHDS, IL-10, IL10A, TGIF, interleukin-10, T-cell growth inhibitory factor, cytokine synthesis inhibitory factor
Publications509 found, 100 shown here
- Samanta M, Iwakiri D, Takada K. Epstein-Barr virus-encoded small RNA induces IL-10 through RIG-I-mediated IRF-3 signaling. Oncogene. 2008;27:4150-60 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a new mechanism of dsRNA signaling pathway that triggers the expression of IL-10, which acts as an autocrine growth factor in BL cells. ..
- Oleksyk T, Shrestha S, Truelove A, Goedert J, Donfield S, Phair J, et al. Extended IL10 haplotypes and their association with HIV progression to AIDS. Genes Immun. 2009;10:309-22 pubmed publisher..Our findings are consistent with the hypothesis that existing polymorphisms in this gene may reflect a balance of historic adaptive responses to autoimmune, infectious and other disease agents. ..
- Almoguera B, Riveiro Alvarez R, Lopez Castroman J, Dorado P, Lopez Rodriguez R, Fernandez Navarro P, et al. ATA homozigosity in the IL-10 gene promoter is a risk factor for schizophrenia in Spanish females: a case control study. BMC Med Genet. 2011;12:81 pubmed publisher..It also reinforces the need of performing complex gene studies based on multiple cytokine SNPs, including anti and pro-inflammatory, to clarify the immune system abnormalities direction in the etiology of schizophrenia. ..
- Ramaseri Sunder S, Hanumanth S, Nagaraju R, Venkata S, Suryadevara N, Pydi S, et al. IL-10 high producing genotype predisposes HIV infected individuals to TB infection. Hum Immunol. 2012;73:605-11 pubmed publisher..HIV positive individuals with GG genotype at IL-10 (-1082) position and high IL-10 levels may have a high risk of developing TB co-infection. ..
- Fife M, Gutierrez A, Ogilvie E, Stock C, Samuel J, Thomson W, et al. Novel IL10 gene family associations with systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2006;8:R148 pubmed..The two marker 'A-T' haplotype confers an odds ratio of 2.24 for sJIA. This positive association suggests an important role for these cytokines in sJIA pathogenesis. ..
- Martínez Escribano J, Moya Quiles M, Muro M, Montes Ares O, Hernández Caselles T, Frías J, et al. Interleukin-10, interleukin-6 and interferon-gamma gene polymorphisms in melanoma patients. Melanoma Res. 2002;12:465-9 pubmed..However, IL10 low expression genotypes may be associated with a poorer outcome in melanoma patients. ..
- Selvaraj P, Alagarasu K, Harishankar M, Vidyarani M, Nisha Rajeswari D, Narayanan P. Cytokine gene polymorphisms and cytokine levels in pulmonary tuberculosis. Cytokine. 2008;43:26-33 pubmed publisher..Further, +1188 polymorphism of IL-12B gene either alone or in combination with closely linked genes may regulate IL-12p40 production and may play a major role on acquired immunity to tuberculosis. ..
- Liu J, Song B, Bai X, Liu W, Li Z, Wang J, et al. Association of genetic polymorphisms in the interleukin-10 promoter with risk of prostate cancer in Chinese. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:456 pubmed publisher..Our results identify that IL-10 promoter polymorphisms might not be a risk factor for PCa in Chinese cohorts, but rather incidence of polymorphisms associates with PCa grade, suggesting that IL-10 expression may impact PCa progression. ..
- Martinez Doncel A, Rubio A, Arroyo R, De las Heras V, Martin C, Fernandez Arquero M, et al. Interleukin-10 polymorphisms in Spanish multiple sclerosis patients. J Neuroimmunol. 2002;131:168-72 pubmed..The data indicate that IL-10 is not a major susceptibility locus in MS, but in our population it might, however, have a minor role. ..
- Meenagh A, Williams F, Ross O, Patterson C, Gorodezky C, Hammond M, et al. Frequency of cytokine polymorphisms in populations from western Europe, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and South America. Hum Immunol. 2002;63:1055-61 pubmed..Five populations were investigated, Northern Ireland, South African Zulu, Omani, Singapore Chinese and Mexican Mestizos. ..
- Delgado J, Baena A, Thim S, Goldfeld A. Ethnic-specific genetic associations with pulmonary tuberculosis. J Infect Dis. 2002;186:1463-8 pubmed
- Javor J, Bucova M, Ferencik S, Grosse Wilde H, Buc M. Single nucleotide polymorphisms of cytokine genes in the healthy Slovak population. Int J Immunogenet. 2007;34:273-80 pubmed..However, several differences were found between the Slovak and four populations from Southern Europe. The obtained data represent a basis for further studies on association of cytokine gene polymorphisms with some diseases. ..
- Gao Q, Liu D, Zhang S, Jia M, Wang L, Wu L, et al. Polymorphisms of some cytokines and chronic hepatitis B and C virus infection. World J Gastroenterol. 2009;15:5610-9 pubmed..These results suggest that polymorphisms in some cytokine genes influence persistent HBV and HCV infection, clinical outcome, HCV replication, and liver damage. ..
- Havranek E, Howell W, Fussell H, Whelan J, Whelan M, Pandha H. An interleukin-10 promoter polymorphism may influence tumor development in renal cell carcinoma. J Urol. 2005;173:709-12 pubmed..In contrast to previous studies of other tumor types, no correlation could be established between IL-10-1082 polymorphism and serum IL-10. ..
- Paul Samojedny M, Kowalczyk M, Suchanek R, Owczarek A, Fila Danilow A, Szczygiel A, et al. Functional polymorphism in the interleukin-6 and interleukin-10 genes in patients with paranoid schizophrenia--a case-control study. J Mol Neurosci. 2010;42:112-9 pubmed publisher..The coexistence of genotype GG at position -1082 of IL-10 promoter sequence and genotype GC at position -174 of IL-6 promoter sequence correlates with increasing risk of paranoid schizophrenia in the Polish population. ..
- Bártfai Z, Gaede K, Russell K, Muraközy G, Müller Quernheim J, Specks U. Different gender-associated genotype risks of Wegener's granulomatosis and microscopic polyangiitis. Clin Immunol. 2003;109:330-7 pubmed..In contrast, our findings suggest a role of the enhanced IL-10 (-1082) PM in WG and MPA with a significant gender difference in MPA. ..
- Jankovic D, Kugler D, Sher A. IL-10 production by CD4+ effector T cells: a mechanism for self-regulation. Mucosal Immunol. 2010;3:239-46 pubmed publisher..In the following review, we will discuss these findings that support the general concept that production of IL-10 is an important self-regulatory function of CD4(+) T lymphocytes. ..
- Chong W, Ip W, Wong W, Lau C, Chan T, Lau Y. Association of interleukin-10 promoter polymorphisms with systemic lupus erythematosus. Genes Immun. 2004;5:484-92 pubmed..62-1.78, P=0.848). The frequency of non-ht1 was significantly increased in patients with serositis (P<0.0001, OR=2.42, 95% CI: 1.55-3.80). In conclusion, the high expression promoter genotype is associated with SLE in Chinese. ..
- Yilmaz V, Yentür S, Saruhan Direskeneli G. IL-12 and IL-10 polymorphisms and their effects on cytokine production. Cytokine. 2005;30:188-94 pubmed..IL10 proximal and distal promoter SNP distribution with estimated haplotype variations has implicated considerable similarities with the Caucasian populations in Turkey. ..
- Lee J, Kim H, Kim K, Kim S, Jang M, Park J, et al. Association of polymorphism of IL-10 and TNF-A genes with gastric cancer in Korea. Cancer Lett. 2005;225:207-14 pubmed..pylori infection status, location of GC, and histologic type of GC. In conclusion, IL-10-1082/-592 and TNF-A-308 genetic polymorphisms may not be the important contributors to GC in Korea. ..
- He G, Zhang J, Li X, Chen W, Pan Y, Yang F, et al. Interleukin-10 -1082 promoter polymorphism is associated with schizophrenia in a Han Chinese sib-pair study. Neurosci Lett. 2006;394:1-4 pubmed..1, P=0.00443). Our results also indicate that the IL-10 gene may play a significant role in the etiology of schizophrenia among Han Chinese. ..
- Erikstrup C, Kallestrup P, Zinyama Gutsire R, Gomo E, Butterworth A, Pedersen B, et al. Reduced mortality and CD4 cell loss among carriers of the interleukin-10 -1082G allele in a Zimbabwean cohort of HIV-1-infected adults. AIDS. 2007;21:2283-91 pubmed..This study supports immune activation as a driving force in HIV pathogenesis and indicates a protective role of IL-10 -1082G that should be evaluated in other cohorts. ..
- Zedan M, Settin A, Farag M, El Bayoumi M, El Regal M, El Baz R, et al. Gene polymorphisms of tumor necrosis factor alpha-308 and interleukin-10-1082 among asthmatic Egyptian children. Allergy Asthma Proc. 2008;29:268-73 pubmed publisher..Separate studies may be specified relating these cytokine genotypes to response to various modalities in asthma therapy. ..
- Ramkumar H, Shen D, Tuo J, Braziel R, Coupland S, Smith J, et al. IL-10 -1082 SNP and IL-10 in primary CNS and vitreoretinal lymphomas. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2012;250:1541-8 pubmed publisher..Higher IL-10 levels have been correlated with more aggressive disease in both PVRLs and PCNSLs, making this finding an important and potentially clinically significant observation. ..
- Kube D, Rieth H, Eskdale J, Kremsner P, Gallagher G. Structural characterisation of the distal 5' flanking region of the human interleukin-10 gene. Genes Immun. 2001;2:181-90 pubmed..The SNPs at -8571 C/T and -8531 G/A are contained within an Alu-repeat. These data should further the understanding of how the IL-10 gene is controlled in man and how its function may vary between individuals. ..
- Dijstelbloem H, Hepkema B, Kallenberg C, van der Linden M, Keijsers V, Huizinga T, et al. The R-H polymorphism of FCgamma receptor IIa as a risk factor for systemic lupus erythematosus is independent of single-nucleotide polymorphisms in the interleukin-10 gene promoter. Arthritis Rheum. 2002;46:1125-6 pubmed
- Cacev T, Radosevic S, Krizanac S, Kapitanovic S. Influence of interleukin-8 and interleukin-10 on sporadic colon cancer development and progression. Carcinogenesis. 2008;29:1572-80 pubmed publisher..023). Taken together, our results point to possible tumour promoting role of IL-8 and potential protective role of IL-10 in sporadic colon cancer. ..
- Rentzos M, Nikolaou C, Andreadou E, Paraskevas G, Rombos A, Zoga M, et al. Circulating interleukin-10 and interleukin-12 in Parkinson's disease. Acta Neurol Scand. 2009;119:332-7 pubmed publisher..The elevation of IL-10 and the significant correlation between IL-10 and IL-12, a proinflammatory cytokine, may suggest that immunological disturbances and neuroprotective mechanisms are involved in patients with PD. ..
- Mangia A, Santoro R, Piattelli M, Pazienza V, Grifa G, Iacobellis A, et al. IL-10 haplotypes as possible predictors of spontaneous clearance of HCV infection. Cytokine. 2004;25:103-9 pubmed..Our findings indicate that heterogeneity in the promoter region of the IL-10 gene has a role in determining a spontaneous favourable outcome of HCV infection. ..
- Bettaccini A, Baj A, Accolla R, Basolo F, Toniolo A. Proliferative activity of extracellular HIV-1 Tat protein in human epithelial cells: expression profile of pathogenetically relevant genes. BMC Microbiol. 2005;5:20 pubmed..These effects may favor virus replication and may facilitate the mother-to-child transmission of virus. ..
- Rousset F, Garcia E, Defrance T, Peronne C, Vezzio N, Hsu D, et al. Interleukin 10 is a potent growth and differentiation factor for activated human B lymphocytes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:1890-3 pubmedb>Interleukin 10 (IL-10), originally identified as a TH2 helper T-cell product able to inhibit cytokine production by TH1 cells, is highly homologous to BCRF1 (viral IL-10), an open reading frame in the Epstein-Barr virus genome...
- Taoufik Y, Lantz O, Wallon C, Charles A, Dussaix E, Delfraissy J. Human immunodeficiency virus gp120 inhibits interleukin-12 secretion by human monocytes: an indirect interleukin-10-mediated effect. Blood. 1997;89:2842-8 pubmed..Similar data were obtained with human macrophages. These results suggest that, during HIV infection, gp120 induces in uninfected monocytes and macrophages IL-10/IL-12 disregulation, which can alter immune response. ..
- Mizoguchi A, Mizoguchi E, Takedatsu H, Blumberg R, Bhan A. Chronic intestinal inflammatory condition generates IL-10-producing regulatory B cell subset characterized by CD1d upregulation. Immunity. 2002;16:219-30 pubmed..This study indicates that B cells, by producing cytokines such as IL-10, can act as regulatory cells in immunologically mediated inflammatory reactions. ..
- Cantor M, Nickerson P, Bernstein C. The role of cytokine gene polymorphisms in determining disease susceptibility and phenotype in inflammatory bowel disease. Am J Gastroenterol. 2005;100:1134-42 pubmed..032). The cytokine gene polymorphisms studied here do not appear to influence IBD susceptibility. There does, however, appear to be an influence on disease phenotype, particularly on CD site. ..
- Ando T, Ishikawa T, Kato H, Yoshida N, Naito Y, Kokura S, et al. Synergistic effect of HLA class II loci and cytokine gene polymorphisms on the risk of gastric cancer in Japanese patients with Helicobacter pylori infection. Int J Cancer. 2009;125:2595-602 pubmed publisher..0464, OR = 2.43, 95% CI = 1.21-4.48). Our results suggest that the HLA class II and IL-10-592A/C polymorphisms synergistically affect the susceptibility to GC development of H. pylori-infected individuals in the Japanese population. ..
- Tsilidis K, Helzlsouer K, Smith M, Grinberg V, Hoffman Bolton J, Clipp S, et al. Association of common polymorphisms in IL10, and in other genes related to inflammatory response and obesity with colorectal cancer. Cancer Causes Control. 2009;20:1739-51 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that polymorphisms in IL10, and also possibly in CRP and other genes related to immune response or obesity may be associated with colorectal cancer. ..
- Marousi S, Ellul J, Antonacopoulou A, Gogos C, Papathanasopoulos P, Karakantza M. Functional polymorphisms of interleukin 4 and interleukin 10 may predict evolution and functional outcome of an ischaemic stroke. Eur J Neurol. 2011;18:637-43 pubmed publisher..Our results merit further confirmation in future studies. ..
- Wilke C, Wang L, Wei S, Kryczek I, Huang E, Kao J, et al. Endogenous interleukin-10 constrains Th17 cells in patients with inflammatory bowel disease. J Transl Med. 2011;9:217 pubmed publisher..Endogenous IL-10 constrains Th17 cell development through the control of IL-1 production by DCs, and reaffirms the crucial anti-inflammatory role of IL-10 in patients with chronic inflammation. ..
- Beebe A, Cua D, de Waal Malefyt R. The role of interleukin-10 in autoimmune disease: systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and multiple sclerosis (MS). Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 2002;13:403-12 pubmed..Inhibition of the immune stimulatory activities of IL-10 may provide novel approaches in the treatment of humoral autoimmune diseases, infectious diseases and cancer. ..
- Shu Q, Fang X, Chen Q, Stuber F. IL-10 polymorphism is associated with increased incidence of severe sepsis. Chin Med J (Engl). 2003;116:1756-9 pubmed..In contrast, the other two highly linked IL-10 polymorphisms are not associated with incidence or the outcome of severe sepsis. ..
- Márka M, Bessenyei B, Zeher M, Semsei I. IL-10 promoter -1082 polymorphism is associated with elevated IL-10 levels in control subjects but does not explain elevated plasma IL-10 observed in Sjögren's syndrome in a Hungarian cohort. Scand J Immunol. 2005;62:474-80 pubmed..Thus, other genetic factors contribute to the clinical spectrum of this heterogeneous disease at least in the Hungarian population. ..
- Sumer A, Kara N, Keles G, Gunes S, Koprulu H, Bagci H. Association of interleukin-10 gene polymorphisms with severe generalized chronic periodontitis. J Periodontol. 2007;78:493-7 pubmed..Within the limitations of sample selection and number, the IL-10 gene polymorphism at position -597 seems to be associated with severe generalized CP. ..
- Reichert S, Machulla H, Klapproth J, Zimmermann U, Reichert Y, Gläser C, et al. The interleukin-10 promoter haplotype ATA is a putative risk factor for aggressive periodontitis. J Periodontal Res. 2008;43:40-7 pubmed publisher..intermedia occurred more frequently (86.7 vs. 42.3%, p = 0.002). The haplotype ATA, which is known as a 'low interleukin-10 producer' is a putative risk indicator for generalized aggressive periodontitis. ..
- Stonek F, Metzenbauer M, Hafner E, Philipp K, Tempfer C. Interleukin-10 -1082 G/A promoter polymorphism and pregnancy complications: results of a prospective cohort study in 1,616 pregnant women. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2008;87:430-3 pubmed publisher..IL-10 -1082 G/A polymorphism is not a genetic marker for identifying women at increased risk of common pregnancy complications. ..
- Kim K, Lee K, Hong J, Kim M, Heo W, Sohn M, et al. Involvement of IL-10 gene promoter polymorphisms in the susceptibility for childhood asthma. Lung. 2011;189:417-23 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the polymorphisms within the IL-10 promoter may have a disease-modifying effect in the asthmatic airway. ..
- Zhou Y, Giscombe R, Huang D, Lefvert A. Novel genetic association of Wegener's granulomatosis with the interleukin 10 gene. J Rheumatol. 2002;29:317-20 pubmed..This polymorphism has earlier been associated with high autoantibody production. Our results indicate that the IL-10 gene may influence the disease, perhaps by influencing the production of autoantibodies. ..
- Bartz H, Büning Pfaue F, Türkel O, Schauer U. Respiratory syncytial virus induces prostaglandin E2, IL-10 and IL-11 generation in antigen presenting cells. Clin Exp Immunol. 2002;129:438-45 pubmed..Since IL-10, IL-11 and PGE2 are known to act immunosuppressive rather than proinflammatory, these mediators might be responsible for the delayed protective RSV specific immune response. ..
- Nieters A, Yuan J, Sun C, Zhang Z, Stoehlmacher J, Govindarajan S, et al. Effect of cytokine genotypes on the hepatitis B virus-hepatocellular carcinoma association. Cancer. 2005;103:740-8 pubmed..0 (95% confidence interval, 1.7-235.0). Diminished cell-mediated immune response, which is controlled genetically, appeared to be an important risk determinant of HBV-related hepatocellular carcinogenesis. ..
- Taga K, Cherney B, Tosato G. IL-10 inhibits apoptotic cell death in human T cells starved of IL-2. Int Immunol. 1993;5:1599-608 pubmed..Thus, another property of IL-10 is to promote the survival of IL-2-dependent T cells otherwise destined to die by apoptosis. ..
- Tangsinmankong N, Day N, Good R, Haraguchi S. Monocytes are target cells for IL-10 induction by HIV-1 Nef protein. Cytokine. 2000;12:1506-11 pubmed..By contrast, SEA induced IL-10 production as well as mRNA expression using T lymphocytes but not with monocytes or B lymphocytes. ..
- Lio D, Scola L, Crivello A, Colonna Romano G, Candore G, BonaFe M, et al. Gender-specific association between -1082 IL-10 promoter polymorphism and longevity. Genes Immun. 2002;3:30-3 pubmed..Thus, it is intriguing that the possession of -1082G genotype, suggested to be associated with IL-10 high production, is significantly increased in centenarians. ..
- Khoa P, Sugiyama T, Yokochi T. Polymorphism of interleukin-10 promoter and tumor necrosis factor receptor II in Vietnamese patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Clin Rheumatol. 2005;24:11-3 pubmed..It was therefore suggested that the polymorphism of the IL-10 promoter, but not TNFRII, might participate in the pathogenesis of SLE in Vietnamese. ..
- Bermudez Morales V, Gutierrez L, Alcocer Gonzalez J, Burguete A, Madrid Marina V. Correlation between IL-10 gene expression and HPV infection in cervical cancer: a mechanism for immune response escape. Cancer Invest. 2008;26:1037-43 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a clear relationship between IL-10, HPV and the stage of cervical cancer disease; this event could contribute to the immunosuppressive micro-environment in the tumor site. ..
- Heo Y, Joo Y, Oh H, Park M, Heo Y, Cho M, et al. IL-10 suppresses Th17 cells and promotes regulatory T cells in the CD4+ T cell population of rheumatoid arthritis patients. Immunol Lett. 2010;127:150-6 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that IL-17 is overexpressed in autoimmune disease patients and that IL-10 suppresses IL-17 expression. IL-10 may be useful in the treatment of autoimmune diseases. ..
- Lu Y, Wu X, Huang H, Dai L. Allele polymorphisms of interleukin-10 and hepatitis B, C virus infection. Chin Med J (Engl). 2010;123:1338-44 pubmedb>Interleukin 10 (IL-10) is an important cytokine with anti-inflammatory, anti-immune and anti-fibrotic functions...
- Hussein Y, Shalaby S, Mohamed R, Hassan T. Association between genes encoding components of the IL-10/IL-0 receptor pathway and asthma in children. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2011;106:474-80 pubmed publisher..9). No evidence of gene interactions was found. Polymorphisms of IL-10 and STAT3 may be useful as a new DNA-based diagnostic biomarker for identifying high-risk children susceptible to asthma. ..
- Cartwright N, Keen L, Demaine A, Hurlock N, McGonigle R, Rowe P, et al. A study of cytokine gene polymorphisms and protein secretion in renal transplantation. Transpl Immunol. 2001;8:237-44 pubmed..In addition, no correlation was demonstrated between cytokine gene polymorphisms and renal allograft rejection. ..
- Pyo C, Hur S, Kim Y, Choi H, Hong Y, Kim D, et al. Polymorphisms of IL-1B, IL-1RN, IL-2, IL-4, IL-6, IL-10, and IFN-gamma genes in the Korean population. Hum Immunol. 2003;64:979-89 pubmed..These results may be helpful for understanding transplant-related complications, immune or autoimmune diseases, and malignant diseases in the Korean population. ..
- Bocchio Chiavetto L, Boin F, Zanardini R, Popoli M, Michelato A, Bignotti S, et al. Association between promoter polymorphic haplotypes of interleukin-10 gene and schizophrenia. Biol Psychiatry. 2002;51:480-4 pubmed..Increased concentrations of interleukin 10 (IL-10) have been found in plasma of schizophrenic patients, suggesting its potential role as a candidate gene ..
- Shin H, Park B, Kim L, Jung J, Kim J, Yoon J, et al. Interleukin 10 haplotype associated with increased risk of hepatocellular carcinoma. Hum Mol Genet. 2003;12:901-6 pubmedb>Interleukin 10 (IL10) is a powerful Th-2 cell cytokine produced by lymphoid cells that exerts its functions by inhibiting macrophage/monocyte and T-cell lymphocyte replication and secretion of inflammatory cytokines (IL1, TNFA, TGFB, IL6, ..
- Koch W, Tiroch K, von Beckerath N, Schomig A, Kastrati A. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha, lymphotoxin-alpha, and interleukin-10 gene polymorphisms and restenosis after coronary artery stenting. Cytokine. 2003;24:161-71 pubmed..In conclusion, functionally relevant polymorphisms of the genes for TNF-alpha, LT-alpha, and IL-10 do not represent genetic markers indicating the risk of restenosis, death, or MI after coronary stenting. ..
- Mocellin S, Panelli M, Wang E, Rossi C, Pilati P, Nitti D, et al. IL-10 stimulatory effects on human NK cells explored by gene profile analysis. Genes Immun. 2004;5:621-30 pubmed
- Brustoski K, Moller U, Kramer M, Petelski A, Brenner S, Palmer D, et al. IFN-gamma and IL-10 mediate parasite-specific immune responses of cord blood cells induced by pregnancy-associated Plasmodium falciparum malaria. J Immunol. 2005;174:1738-45 pubmed
- Peek E, Richards D, Faith A, Lavender P, Lee T, Corrigan C, et al. Interleukin-10-secreting "regulatory" T cells induced by glucocorticoids and beta2-agonists. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2005;33:105-11 pubmed..Thus fluticasone proprionate and salmeterol increased IL-10 and reduced Th2 cytokine synthesis additively in allergen stimulated human CD4+ T cells. ..
- Chin H, Na K, Kim S, Oh K, Kim Y, Lim C, et al. Interleukin-10 promoter polymorphism is associated with the predisposition to the development of IgA nephropathy and focal segmental glomerulosclerosis in Korea. J Korean Med Sci. 2005;20:989-93 pubmed..Our findings suggested that IL-10 promoter polymorphism predisposed to the development of IgAN and FSGS in Korean patients. ..
- Lopez P, Gómez J, Prado C, Gutierrez C, Suarez A. Influence of functional interleukin 10/tumor necrosis factor-alpha polymorphisms on interferon-alpha, IL-10, and regulatory T cell population in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus receiving antimalarial treatment. J Rheumatol. 2008;35:1559-66 pubmedAs interleukin 10 (IL-10)/tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) polymorphisms have been shown to influence TNF-alpha inhibition and clinical response to antimalarial treatment in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), we ..
- van der Pol W, Huizinga T, Vidarsson G, van der Linden M, Jansen M, Keijsers V, et al. Relevance of Fcgamma receptor and interleukin-10 polymorphisms for meningococcal disease. J Infect Dis. 2001;184:1548-55 pubmed..01). These data provide further evidence for the association of polymorphic genes on chromosome 1 and MD. ..
- Schröder O, Laun R, Held B, Ekkernkamp A, Schulte K. Association of interleukin-10 promoter polymorphism with the incidence of multiple organ dysfunction following major trauma: results of a prospective pilot study. Shock. 2004;21:306-10 pubmed..Further investigations in larger cohorts need to focus on the potential diagnostic and therapeutic options of this SNP. ..
- Rad R, Dossumbekova A, Neu B, Lang R, Bauer S, Saur D, et al. Cytokine gene polymorphisms influence mucosal cytokine expression, gastric inflammation, and host specific colonisation during Helicobacter pylori infection. Gut. 2004;53:1082-9 pubmed..These findings contribute to the understanding of the complex interplay between host and bacterial factors involved in the development of gastric pathology. ..
- Torisu Itakura H, Lee J, Huynh Y, Ye X, Essner R, Morton D. Monocyte-derived IL-10 expression predicts prognosis of stage IV melanoma patients. J Immunother. 2007;30:831-8 pubmed
- Ouma C, Davenport G, Were T, Otieno M, Hittner J, Vulule J, et al. Haplotypes of IL-10 promoter variants are associated with susceptibility to severe malarial anemia and functional changes in IL-10 production. Hum Genet. 2008;124:515-24 pubmed publisher..006). Results presented here demonstrate that common IL-10 promoter haplotypes condition susceptibility to SMA and functional changes in circulating IL-10, TNF-alpha, and IL-12 levels in children with falciparum malaria. ..
- Brockman M, Kwon D, Tighe D, Pavlik D, Rosato P, Sela J, et al. IL-10 is up-regulated in multiple cell types during viremic HIV infection and reversibly inhibits virus-specific T cells. Blood. 2009;114:346-56 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that multiple cell types contribute to IL-10-mediated immune suppression in the presence of uncontrolled HIV viremia. ..
- Kong F, Liu J, Liu Y, Song B, Wang H, Liu W. Association of interleukin-10 gene polymorphisms with breast cancer in a Chinese population. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2010;29:72 pubmed publisher..028) of breast cancer at the time of diagnosis compared with others. Our findings suggest that IL-10 promoter polymorphisms participate in the progression of breast cancer rather than in its initial development in Chinese Han women. ..
- Zhang L, Zhang T, Pan F, Zhang Z, Li X. Interleukin-10 gene polymorphisms in association with susceptibility to chronic hepatitis C virus infection: a meta-analysis study. Arch Virol. 2010;155:1839-42 pubmed publisher..05). In conclusion, this meta-analysis suggested that the IL-10 -1082GG genotype was associated with increased susceptibility for chronic HCV infection...
- Ben Ari Z, Mor E, Papo O, Kfir B, Sulkes J, Tambur A, et al. Cytokine gene polymorphisms in patients infected with hepatitis B virus. Am J Gastroenterol. 2003;98:144-50 pubmed..These findings suggest an association between the genetic ability to produce low levels of IFN-gamma and the susceptibility to develop chronic HBV infection. ..
- Kingo K, Rätsep R, Koks S, Karelson M, Silm H, Vasar E. Influence of genetic polymorphisms on interleukin-10 mRNA expression and psoriasis susceptibility. J Dermatol Sci. 2005;37:111-3 pubmed
- Chen T, Hsieh Y, Wu T, Yang S, Wu C, Tsay G, et al. Impact of serum levels and gene polymorphism of cytokines on chronic hepatitis C infection. Transl Res. 2007;150:116-21 pubmed..05). These data suggested the distribution of polymorphism at TNF-alpha G308A may be different between normal subjects and patients with chronic infection of hepatitis C. ..
- Ates O, Musellim B, Ongen G, Topal Sarikaya A. Association between 'interleukin' 10 gene (IL10) polymorphisms and systemic sclerosis with interstitial lung involvement. Rheumatol Int. 2008;28:1123-6 pubmed publisher..002, OR: 5.07, 95% CI: 1.82-14.21; Pc: <0.000, O.R: 4.00, 95% CI: 1.87-8.98, respectively) and SSc. Our findings suggest that IL-10 1082 G/A alleles or haplotypes containing these alleles may play role in SSc susceptibility. ..
- Kidd L, Brock G, VanCleave T, Benford M, Lavender N, Kruer T, et al. Angiogenesis-associated sequence variants relative to breast cancer recurrence and survival. Cancer Causes Control. 2010;21:1545-57 pubmed publisher..Because the VEGF(-2578)C allele is linked to high VEGF expression, this cytokine is a potential prognostic and targeted clinical management tool. ..
- Shin H, Park B, Kim L, Kim J, Kim J. Interleukin-10 haplotype associated with total serum IgE in atopic dermatitis patients. Allergy. 2005;60:1146-51 pubmed..The greater effects of IL10 ht on decreased total serum IgE levels suggest that the effect of IL-10 polymorphism might be the result of a combined genotype (ht) rather than single polymorphisms. ..
- Wang H, Xu J, Ji X, Yang X, Sun K, Liu X, et al. The abnormal apoptosis of T cell subsets and possible involvement of IL-10 in systemic lupus erythematosus. Cell Immunol. 2005;235:117-21 pubmed..The high percentage of apoptotic T cells in SLE patients may be related to the high levels of IL-10 in SLE serum, as IL-10 may induce the abnormally activated T cells to trigger apoptosis via the Fas-FasL pathway. ..
- Kaplan D, Ikeda F, Li Y, Nakamoto N, Ganesan S, Valiga M, et al. Peripheral virus-specific T-cell interleukin-10 responses develop early in acute hepatitis C infection and become dominant in chronic hepatitis. J Hepatol. 2008;48:903-13 pubmed publisher..HCV-specific IL-10 Tr1 responses may play a dual role in HCV infection, dampening effector T-cells to promote viral persistence in acute infection but also protecting against progressive fibrosis in chronic infection. ..
- Zhou Y, Hu W, Zhuang W, Wu X. Interleukin-10 -1082 promoter polymorphism and gastric cancer risk in a Chinese Han population. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011;347:89-93 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that the IL-10 -1082 promoter polymorphism may be associated with gastric cancer in Chinese Han patients, and that difference in genotype distribution may be associated with the location and stage of gastric cancer. ..
- Ben Selma W, Harizi H, Boukadida J. Association of TNF-? and IL-10 polymorphisms with tuberculosis in Tunisian populations. Microbes Infect. 2011;13:837-43 pubmed publisher..26, 95% CI, 0.1-0.62; Pc = 0.0028). Collectively, our results showed that analysed SNPs in the TNF-? and IL-10 gene polymorphisms play key role in susceptibility to or protection against TB development in Tunisian populations. ..