Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IHH
Description: indian hedgehog
Alias: BDA1, HHG2, indian hedgehog protein, Indian hedgehog homolog
Publications134 found, 100 shown here
- Tagliaferri C, Wittrant Y, Davicco M, Walrand S, Coxam V. Muscle and bone, two interconnected tissues. Ageing Res Rev. 2015;21:55-70 pubmed publisher..Indeed, chondrocytes are known to secrete Dickkopf-1 (DKK-1) and Indian hedgehog (Ihh) and adipocytes produce leptin, adiponectin and IL-6, which potentially modulate bone and muscle metabolisms...
- Rajput P, Shukla S, Kumar V. The HBx oncoprotein of hepatitis B virus potentiates cell transformation by inducing c-Myc-dependent expression of the RNA polymerase I transcription factor UBF. Virol J. 2015;12:62 pubmed publisher..The UBF gene expression was investigated after co-expressing HBx in immortalized human hepatocytes (IHH) and human hepatoma Huh7 cells...
- Wu M, Li Y, Zhu G, Lu Y, Wang Y, Jules J, et al. Chondrocyte-specific knockout of CbfÎ² reveals the indispensable function of CbfÎ² in chondrocyte maturation, growth plate development and trabecular bone formation in mice. Int J Biol Sci. 2014;10:861-72 pubmed publisher..e, patched (Ptc1), Cyclin D1 and Indian hedgehog (Ihh)] in the cartilage...
- Ono K, Karolak M, Ndong J, Wang W, Yang X, Elefteriou F. The ras-GTPase activity of neurofibromin restrains ERK-dependent FGFR signaling during endochondral bone formation. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:3048-62 pubmed publisher..Those include dwarfism, constitutive ERK1/2 activation, strongly reduced Ihh expression and decreased chondrocyte proliferation and maturation, increased chondrocytic expression of Rankl, ..
- Cameron T, Gresshoff I, Bell K, PirÃ³g K, Sampurno L, Hartley C, et al. Cartilage-specific ablation of XBP1 signaling in mouse results in a chondrodysplasia characterized by reduced chondrocyte proliferation and delayed cartilage maturation and mineralization. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2015;23:661-70 pubmed publisher..zone length, chondrocyte organization, and mineralization, and immunofluorescence for collagen II, collagen X, and IHH. Bromodeoxyuridine (BrdU) and terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase dUTP nick end labeling (TUNEL) analyses were ..
- Spilker C, Nullmeier S, Grochowska K, Schumacher A, Butnaru I, Macharadze T, et al. A Jacob/Nsmf Gene Knockout Results in Hippocampal Dysplasia and Impaired BDNF Signaling in Dendritogenesis. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005907 pubmed publisher..to Kallmann syndrome (KS), a neurodevelopmental disorder characterized by idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH) associated with anosmia or hyposmia...
- Liang Q, Yao X, Tang S, Zhang J, Yau T, Li X, et al. Integrative identification of Epstein-Barr virus-associated mutations and epigenetic alterations in gastric cancer. Gastroenterology. 2014;147:1350-62.e4 pubmed publisher..216 genes transcriptionally down-regulated by EBV-associated hypermethylation; methylation of ACSS1, FAM3B, IHH, and TRABD increased significantly in EBV-positive tumors...
- Kawahata H, Sotobayashi D, Aoki M, Shimizu H, Nakagami H, Ogihara T, et al. Continuous infusion of angiotensin II modulates hypertrophic differentiation and apoptosis of chondrocytes in cartilage formation in a fracture model mouse. Hypertens Res. 2015;38:382-93 pubmed publisher..related to chondrocyte differentiation, and type X collagen, matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-13 and Indian hedgehog (Ihh), which are hypertrophic chondrocyte-specific molecular markers...
- Aeimlapa R, Wongdee K, Charoenphandhu N, Suntornsaratoon P, Krishnamra N. Premature chondrocyte apoptosis and compensatory upregulation of chondroregulatory protein expression in the growth plate of Goto-Kakizaki diabetic rats. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;452:395-401 pubmed publisher..the overexpression of parathyroid hormone-related protein (PTHrP), Runx2 and VEGF, but not Indian hedgehog (Ihh) in the HZ...
- Zheng H, Wang M, Jiang L, Chu H, Hu J, Ning J, et al. BRAF-Activated Long Noncoding RNA Modulates Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma Cell Proliferation through Regulating Thyroid Stimulating Hormone Receptor. Cancer Res Treat. 2016;48:698-707 pubmed publisher..BANCR-knockdown in a PTC-derived cell line (IHH-4) resulted in significant suppression of thyroid stimulating hormone receptor (TSHR)...
- Nishimura R, Hata K, Nakamura E, Murakami T, Takahata Y. Transcriptional network systems in cartilage development and disease. Histochem Cell Biol. 2018;149:353-363 pubmed publisher..Although the importance of a negative-feedback loop between Indian hedgehog (Ihh) and parathyroid hormone-related protein (PTHrP) in chondrocyte hypertrophy has been well established, recent ..
- Cools M, Goemaere S, Baetens D, Raes A, Desloovere A, Kaufman J, et al. Calcium and bone homeostasis in heterozygous carriers of CYP24A1 mutations: A cross-sectional study. Bone. 2015;81:89-96 pubmed publisher..A review of the available literature suggests that an elevated 25OHD/24,25(OH)2D ratio may be associated with symptoms of IHH, irrespective of carrier status.
- Xu T, Xu G, Gu Z, Wu H. Hedgehog signal expression in articular cartilage of rat temporomandibular joint and association with adjuvant-induced osteoarthritis. J Oral Pathol Med. 2017;46:284-291 pubmed publisher..The expression of Hh signal-related proteins including Indian hedgehog (Ihh), patched-1 (Ptch1), smoothened (Smo), glioma-associated oncogene homologue1 (Gli1) in cartilage was assessed by ..
- Mizuhashi K, Ono W, Matsushita Y, Sakagami N, Takahashi A, Saunders T, et al. Resting zone of the growth plate houses a unique class of skeletal stem cells. Nature. 2018;563:254-258 pubmed publisher..the growth plate by expressing parathyroid hormone-related protein (PTHrP), which interacts with Indian hedgehog (Ihh) that is released from the hypertrophic zone6-10, and provides a source of other chondrocytes11Skoda A, Simovic D, Karin V, Kardum V, Vranic S, Serman L. The role of the Hedgehog signaling pathway in cancer: A comprehensive review. Bosn J Basic Med Sci. 2018;18:8-20 pubmed publisher..in the signaling transfer to the Gli transcription factors include Hedgehog ligands (Sonic Hh [SHh], Indian Hh [IHh], and Desert Hh [DHh]), Patched receptor (Ptch1, Ptch2), Smoothened receptor (Smo), Suppressor of fused homolog (..Garciadiego CÃ¡zares D, Aguirre SÃ¡nchez H, Abarca Buis R, Kouri J, Velasquillo C, Ibarra C. Regulation of Î±5 and Î±V Integrin Expression by GDF-5 and BMP-7 in Chondrocyte Differentiation and Osteoarthritis. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0127166 pubmed publisher..Decrease of Ihh expression during late stages of OA in rat model suggest that the ossification in OA rat knees and endochondral ..Spieker J, Mudersbach T, Vogel Höpker A, Layer P. Endochondral Ossification Is Accelerated in Cholinesterase-Deficient Mice and in Avian Mesenchymal Micromass Cultures. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0170252 pubmed publisher..were supported by in situ hybridization (ISH) experiments performed on cryosections from A-B- mice, in which Ihh, Runx2, MMP-13, ALP, Col-II and Col-X were considerably decreased, or had disappeared between E18.5 and P0...Rong J, Pool B, Zhu M, Munro J, Cornish J, McCarthy G, et al. Basic Calcium Phosphate Crystals Induce Osteoarthritis-Associated Changes in Phenotype Markers in Primary Human Chondrocytes by a Calcium/Calmodulin Kinase 2-Dependent Mechanism. Calcif Tissue Int. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Expression of indian hedgehog (IHH), matrix metalloproteinase 13 (MMP13), interleukin-6 (IL-6) and type X collagen (COLX) were higher, and expression ..Lauing K, Cortes M, Domowicz M, Henry J, Baria A, Schwartz N. Aggrecan is required for growth plate cytoarchitecture and differentiation. Dev Biol. 2014;396:224-36 pubmed publisher..Aggrecan-null embryos also had abnormal patterns of COL10A1, SOX9, IHH, PTCH1, and FGFR3 mRNA expression in the growth plate...Lu D, Qu J, Sun L, Li Q, Ling H, Yang N, et al. Ca2+/Mg2+ homeostasisâ€‘related TRPM7 channel mediates chondrocyte hypertrophy via regulation of the PI3Kâ€‘Akt signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep. 2017;16:5699-5705 pubmed publisher..Low extracellular Ca2+/Mg2+ levels significantly reduced the expression of type X collagen, Indian hedgehog homolog (Ihh) and matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)â€‘13 genes, as well as ALP activity; however, cell ..Amrutkar M, Kern M, NuÃ±ez DurÃ¡n E, StÃ¥hlman M, Cansby E, Chursa U, et al. Protein kinase STK25 controls lipid partitioning in hepatocytes and correlates with liver fat content in humans. Diabetologia. 2016;59:341-53 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of STK25 in IHH and HepG2 cells enhanced lipid deposition by suppressing Î²-oxidation and triacylglycerol (TAG) secretion, while ..Zhou Q, Chen J, Feng J, Wang J. Long noncoding RNA PVT1 modulates thyroid cancer cell proliferation by recruiting EZH2 and regulating thyroid-stimulating hormone receptor (TSHR). Tumour Biol. 2016;37:3105-13 pubmed publisher..Expressions of lncRNA PVT1 in thyroid cancer tissues and cell lines (IHH-4, FTC-133, and 8505C) were analyzed using RT-polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and western blotting analysis...Han S, Park H, Lee E, Jang J, Han M, Kim G, et al. Dicam promotes proliferation and maturation of chondrocyte through Indian hedgehog signaling in primary cilia. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2018;26:945-953 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that Dicam has a novel function as a modulator of primary cilia-mediated Indian hedgehog (Ihh) signaling in chondrocytes...Kamiya Y, Chen J, Xu M, Utreja A, Choi T, Drissi H, et al. Increased mandibular condylar growth in mice with estrogen receptor beta deficiency. J Bone Miner Res. 2013;28:1127-34 pubmed publisher..and a significant decrease in receptor activator for nuclear factor ? B ligand (Rankl) and Indian hedgehog (Ihh) gene expression, compared with WT controls...Heinonen J, Zhang F, Surmann Schmitt C, Honkala S, Stock M, Poutanen M, et al. Defects in chondrocyte maturation and secondary ossification in mouse knee joint epiphyses due to Snorc deficiency. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2017;25:1132-1142 pubmed publisher..Increased levels of Ihh and Col10a1, and reduced Mmp13 mRNA expression were observed at P10...Woods S, Barter M, Elliott H, McGillivray C, Birch M, Clark I, et al. miR-324-5p is up regulated in end-stage osteoarthritis and regulates Indian Hedgehog signalling by differing mechanisms in human and mouse. Matrix Biol. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Importantly, as well as identifying novel regulation of Indian Hedgehog (Ihh) signalling, this study demonstrates how a miRNA can show conserved pathway regulation in two species but by ..Zhong L, Huang X, Karperien M, Post J. The Regulatory Role of Signaling Crosstalk in Hypertrophy of MSCs and Human Articular Chondrocytes. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:19225-47 pubmed publisher..BMP)/Transforming growth factor-Î² (TGFÎ²), Parathyroid hormone-related peptide (PTHrP), Indian hedgehog (IHH), Fibroblast growth factor (FGF), Insulin like growth factor (IGF) and Hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF)...Saraswat G, Guha R, Mondal K, Saha P, Banerjee S, Chakraborty P, et al. Molecular cues to the anti-implantation effect of nano-puerarin in rats. Reproduction. 2016;151:693-707 pubmed publisher..PN also efficiently ablated the Ihh-Nr2f2-Bmp2 signalling pathway and invited the loss of uterine potential for decidualization...Lodder E, Hoogeboom A, Coert J, de Graaff E. Deletion of 1 amino acid in Indian hedgehog leads to brachydactylyA1. Am J Med Genet A. 2008;146A:2152-4 pubmed publisher..We report here on the first deletion in IHH, p.delE95, causing mild BrachydactylyA1 in a small Dutch family. This brings the total number of different mutations found to cause BDA1 to 7.Yang L, Gu S, Ye W, Song Y, Chen Y. Augmented Indian hedgehog signaling in cranial neural crest cells leads to craniofacial abnormalities and dysplastic temporomandibular joint in mice. Cell Tissue Res. 2016;364:105-15 pubmed publisherExtensive studies have pinpointed the crucial role of Indian hedgehog (Ihh) signaling in the development of the appendicular skeleton and the essential function of Ihh in the formation of the temporomandibular joint (TMJ)...Li M, Zhang R, Guo M, Li L, Lu H, Lu J, et al. FAM172A protein promotes the proliferation of human papillary thyroid carcinoma cells via the p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:353-8 pubmed publisher..human papillary thyroid carcinoma were investigated, and the effect of the FAM172A protein on the proliferation of IHHâ€‘4 human papillary thyroid carcinoma cells, and its potential molecular underlying mechanisms were examined...Luo H, Zheng R, Zhao Y, Wu J, Li J, Jiang F, et al. A dominant negative FGFR1 mutation identified in a Kallmann syndrome patient. Gene. 2017;621:1-4 pubmed publisherKallmann syndrome (KS) is characterized by isolated hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH) with anosmia. Fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 (FGFR1) is one of KS-associated genes, accounts for approximately 10% of total patients...Vaca González J, Moncayo Donoso M, Guevara J, Hata Y, Shefelbine S, Garzón Alvarado D. Mechanobiological modeling of endochondral ossification: an experimental and computational analysis. Biomech Model Mechanobiol. 2018;17:853-875 pubmed publisher..based on a multiscale framework, which consisted in computing the evolution of the negative feedback loop between Ihh/PTHrP and the diffusion of VEGF molecule (on the order of days) and dynamic loading (on the order of seconds)...Zhong L, Huang X, Karperien M, Post J. Correlation between Gene Expression and Osteoarthritis Progression in Human. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..Expression of WNT antagonists DKK1 and FRZB was lost, while hypertrophic markers (RUNX2, COL10A1 and IHH) increased during OA progression...Byrnes A, Racacho L, Grimsey A, Hudgins L, Kwan A, Sangalli M, et al. Brachydactyly A-1 mutations restricted to the central region of the N-terminal active fragment of Indian Hedgehog. Eur J Hum Genet. 2009;17:1112-20 pubmed publisherMutations in the gene Indian Hedgehog (IHH) that cause Brachydactyly A-1 (BDA1) have been restricted to a specific region of the N-terminal active fragment of Indian Hedgehog involving codons 95, 100, 131, and 154...Shahzad H, Giribabu N, Karim K, Kassim N, Muniandy S, Kumar K, et al. Quercetin interferes with the fluid volume and receptivity development of the uterus in rats during the peri-implantation period. Reprod Toxicol. 2017;71:42-54 pubmed publisher..expression but decreased in Î³-ENaC, AQP-5, AQP-9 claudin-4, occludin, E-cadherin, integrin Î±nÎ²Ð—, FGF, Ihh and Msx-1expression in the uterus...Guan S, Xie L, Ma T, Lv D, Jing W, Tian X, et al. Effects of Melatonin on Early Pregnancy in Mouse: Involving the Regulation of StAR, Cyp11a1, and Ihh Expression. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..05) and also had an increased Ihh expression in endometrium of D7.5 gestation...Wei Q, Levens E, Stefansson L, Nieman L. Indian Hedgehog and its targets in human endometrium: menstrual cycle expression and response to CDB-2914. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010;95:5330-7 pubmed publisher..Our objective was to investigate endometrial expression of Indian Hedgehog (IHH) and genes involved in its signaling [smoothened (SMO), patched-1 (PTCH1), glioma-associated oncogene homolog 1 (..Huang B, Mao J, Xu H, Wang X, Liu Z, Nie M, et al. [Spermatogenesis of pulsatile gonadotropin-releasing hormone infusion versus gonadotropin therapy in male idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2015;95:1568-71 pubmed..menopausal gonadotropin (HCG/HMG) for spermatogenesis in male idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH)...Maes C. Signaling pathways effecting crosstalk between cartilage and adjacent tissues: Seminars in cell and developmental biology: The biology and pathology of cartilage. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2017;62:16-33 pubmed publisher..emanating from cartilage and regulating developmental processes in the adjacent perichondrium is Indian Hedgehog (IHH)...Kamper M, Paulsson M, Zaucke F. Absence of collagen IX accelerates hypertrophic differentiation in the embryonic mouse spine through a disturbance of the Ihh-PTHrP feedback loop. Cell Tissue Res. 2017;367:359-367 pubmed publisher..This correlates with an imbalance in the Ihh-PTHrP signaling pathway at this time point, reflected by an increase of Ihh and a concomitant decrease of PTHrP ..Cerci D, Portela G, Cunha E, Grossi J, Zielak J, AraÃºjo M, et al. Leukocyte-platelet-rich plasma diminishes bone matrix deposition in rat calvaria treated with autograft due to simultaneous increase in immunohistochemical expression of Indian Hedgehog, transforming growth factor-Î², and parathyroid-1 receptor. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2015;43:1470-7 pubmed publisherThis study evaluated the immunohistochemical presence of Indian Hedgehog (IHH), transforming growth factor-Î² (TGF-Î²), and parathyroid-1 receptor (PTH1R) in calvaria bone repair, and compared these results with the histological bone ..Lan X, Sun W, Zhang P, He L, Dong W, Wang Z, et al. Downregulation of long noncoding RNA NONHSAT037832 in papillary thyroid carcinoma and its clinical significance. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:6117-23 pubmed publisher..01). And, NONHSAT037832 was also significantly downregulated in two PTC cell lines (K1 and IHH-4) compared to normal thyroid follicular epithelial cell line Nthy-ori 3-1 (Pâ€‰<â€‰0.01)...Weedon M, Lango H, Lindgren C, Wallace C, Evans D, Mangino M, et al. Genome-wide association analysis identifies 20 loci that influence adult height. Nat Genet. 2008;40:575-83 pubmed publisher..5% with 27 or more 'tall' alleles. The loci we identified implicate genes in Hedgehog signaling (IHH, HHIP, PTCH1), extracellular matrix (EFEMP1, ADAMTSL3, ACAN) and cancer (CDK6, HMGA2, DLEU7) pathways, and provide ..Amin H, Ethier C. Differential effects of tyrosine-rich amelogenin peptide on chondrogenic and osteogenic differentiation of adult chondrocytes. Cell Tissue Res. 2016;364:219-24 pubmed publisher..for Ca(+2)-rich bone nodules; (3) OC immunostaining; and (4) expression of the osteogenic/hypertrophic genes Ihh and BSP...Laurie L, Kokubo H, Nakamura M, Saga Y, Funato N. The Transcription Factor Hand1 Is Involved In Runx2-Ihh-Regulated Endochondral Ossification. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0150263 pubmed publisher..Indian hedgehog (Ihh), a member of the hedgehog family of secreted molecules, regulates chondrocyte proliferation and differentiation, ..Turan I, Hutchins B, Hacihamdioglu B, Kotan L, Gurbuz F, Ulubay A, et al. CCDC141 Mutations in Idiopathic Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017;102:1816-1825 pubmed publisher..Failure of this migration can lead to idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH)/Kallmann syndrome (KS)...Zhou J, Meng J, Guo S, Gao B, Ma G, Zhu X, et al. IHH and FGF8 coregulate elongation of digit primordia. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;363:513-8 pubmed..Here, we examined the ability of IHH and FGF8 signaling to regulate digital chondrogenesis, by implanting protein-loaded beads in the interdigital space ..Klopocki E, Lohan S, Brancati F, Koll R, Brehm A, Seemann P, et al. Copy-number variations involving the IHH locus are associated with syndactyly and craniosynostosis. Am J Hum Genet. 2011;88:70-5 pubmed publisherIndian hedgehog (IHH) is a secreted signaling molecule of the hedgehog family known to play important roles in the regulation of chondrocyte differentiation, cortical bone formation, and the development of joints...Valverde L, Pereira T, Dias R, GuimarÃ£es V, Ramos E, Santos J, et al. Macrophages and endothelial cells orchestrate tumor-associated angiogenesis in oral cancer via hedgehog pathway activation. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:9233-41 pubmed publisher..oral mucosa (NNM) were submitted to immunohistochemistry to detect proteins Sonic Hedgehog (SHH), Indian Hedgehog (IHH), GLI1, CD163, and CD105...Huma T, Hu X, Ma Y, Willden A, Rizak J, Shahab M, et al. Kisspeptin-10 treatment generated specific GnRH expression in cells differentiated from rhesus monkey derived Lyon NSCs. Neuroscience. 2017;349:318-329 pubmed publisher..GnRH neurons and their dysfunction found in congenital disorders like idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH)...Li Q, Chen Y, Dong S, Liu S, Zhang X, Si X, et al. Laser irradiation promotes the proliferation of mouse pre-osteoblast cell line MC3T3-E1 through hedgehog signaling pathway. Lasers Med Sci. 2017;32:1489-1496 pubmed publisher..laser irradiation on the cell proliferation and the expressions of hedgehog signaling molecules Indian hedgehog (Ihh), Ptch, and Gli in vitro...Zhu G, Ke X, Liu Q, Li J, Chen B, Shao C, et al. Recurrence of the D100N mutation in a Chinese family with brachydactyly type A1: evidence for a mutational hot spot in the Indian hedgehog gene. Am J Med Genet A. 2007;143A:1246-8 pubmedGu D, Liu H, Su G, Zhang X, Chin Sinex H, Hanenberg H, et al. Combining hedgehog signaling inhibition with focal irradiation on reduction of pancreatic cancer metastasis. Mol Cancer Ther. 2013;12:1038-48 pubmed publisher..We identified several potential molecules in mediating Hh signaling effects. Taken together, our data provide a rationale for combined use of Hh inhibition with irradiation for clinical treatment of patients with pancreatic cancer. ..Bittoni A, Piva F, Santoni M, Andrikou K, Conti A, Loretelli C, et al. KRAS mutation status is associated with specific pattern of genes expression in pancreatic adenocarcinoma. Future Oncol. 2015;11:1905-17 pubmed publisher..003) in WT KRAS. Contrariwise, SHH (p = 0.012) and IHH (p = 0.031) were more expressed in MT KRAS patients. No OS difference was found between WT and MT KRAS tumors...Piombo V, Jochmann K, Hoffmann D, Wuelling M, Vortkamp A. Signaling systems affecting the severity of multiple osteochondromas. Bone. 2018;111:71-81 pubmed publisher..Reduced Ihh signaling does not change the development of the osteochondromas, while elevated Ihh signaling increases the ..Smith K, Alnifaidy R, Wei Q, Nieman L. Endometrial Indian hedgehog expression is decreased in women with endometriosis. Fertil Steril. 2011;95:2738-41.e1-3 pubmed publisher..The abnormal expression of Indian hedgehog protein in women with endometriosis suggests a resistance to P action.Mintziori G, Poulakos P, Tsametis C, Goulis D. Hypogonadism and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Minerva Endocrinol. 2017;42:145-150 pubmed publisher..of NAFLD is high in men with hypogonadism, including those with idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH), as well as in women in post-menopause, those under estrogen receptor antagonist treatment or women with Turner ..Morsczeck C, Reck A, Beck H. The hedgehog-signaling pathway is repressed during the osteogenic differentiation of dental follicle cells. Mol Cell Biochem. 2017;428:79-86 pubmed publisher..Indian hedgehog (IHH) induced the expression of the osteogenic transcription factor RUNX2...Samusik N, Krukovskaya L, Meln I, Shilov E, Kozlov A. PBOV1 is a human de novo gene with tumor-specific expression that is associated with a positive clinical outcome of cancer. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56162 pubmed publisher..Our findings could contribute to the understanding of the mechanisms behind de novo gene origin and the possible role of tumors in this process. ..Hasegawa D, Ochiai Shino H, Onodera S, Nakamura T, Saito A, Onda T, et al. Gorlin syndrome-derived induced pluripotent stem cells are hypersensitive to hedgehog-mediated osteogenic induction. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186879 pubmed publisher..iPSCs expressed lower basal levels than control iPSCs of the genes encoding the Hh ligands Indian Hedgehog (IHH) and SHH, the Hh acetyltransferase HHAT, Wnt proteins, BMP4, and BMP6...Sribudiani Y, Chauhan R, Alves M, Petrova L, Brosens E, Harrison C, et al. Identification of Variants in RET and IHH Pathway Members in a Large Family With History of Hirschsprung Disease. Gastroenterology. 2018;155:118-129.e6 pubmed publisher..This deletion was located 6 base pairs before the last codon. We also found variants in the Indian hedgehog gene (IHH) and its mediator, the transcription factor GLI family zinc finger 3 (GLI3)...Pankov Y. [Kisspeptin and leptin in the regulation of fertility]. Mol Biol (Mosk). 2015;49:707-15 pubmed publisher..G35S, p.C53R, and p.F117L mutations, with delayed puberty and isolated hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH). The p.P196H and p.R386P mutations of KISS1R are also associated with CPP...Di Maso V, Mediavilla M, Vascotto C, Lupo F, Baccarani U, Avellini C, et al. Transcriptional Up-Regulation of APE1/Ref-1 in Hepatic Tumor: Role in Hepatocytes Resistance to Oxidative Stress and Apoptosis. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0143289 pubmed publisher..role of APE1/Ref-1 against oxidative stress and apoptosis was evaluated in vitro in immortalized human hepatocytes (IHH) over-expressing APE1/Ref-1. APE1/Ref-1 was up-regulated in HCC, regulation occurring at the transcriptional level...Garcia Barcelo M, Lee W, Sham M, Lui V, Tam P. Is there a role for the IHH gene in Hirschsprung's disease?. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2003;15:663-8 pubmed..The Ihh gene is involved in the development of the enteric nervous system (ENS) and Ihh mutant mice present with a ..Senger S, Sapone A, Fiorentino M, Mazzarella G, Lauwers G, Fasano A. Celiac Disease Histopathology Recapitulates Hedgehog Downregulation, Consistent with Wound Healing Processes Activation. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0144634 pubmed publisher..At the molecular level we found downregulation of indian hedgehog (IHH) and other components of the Hh pathway, but we did not observe a concurrent downregulation of BMP4...Soronen J, Yki JÃ¤rvinen H, Zhou Y, SÃ¤devirta S, Sarin A, Leivonen M, et al. Novel hepatic microRNAs upregulated in human nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Physiol Rep. 2016;4: pubmed publisher..expression was investigated by quantitative PCR (qPCR), and the transcriptome of immortalized human hepatocytes (IHH) transfected with the miRNA with the highest number of predicted targets, miR-576-5p, was studied...Farah O, Biechele S, Rossant J, Dufort D. Porcupine-dependent Wnt signaling controls stromal proliferation and endometrial gland maintenance through the action of distinct WNTs. Dev Biol. 2017;422:58-69 pubmed publisher..gland formation, it rescued stromal cell proliferation; up-regulating several secreted factors including Fgf10 and Ihh. Our results further elucidate the roles of Wnt signaling in uterine development and function as well as provide an ..Su K, Kou Y, Lin F, Wu C, Feng J, Huang S, et al. A simplified prevention bundle with dual hand hygiene audit reduces early-onset ventilator-associated pneumonia in cardiovascular surgery units: An interrupted time-series analysis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182252 pubmed publisher..we implemented a 3-component bundle, which included: a compulsory education program, a knowing internal HH audit (iHH) performed by unit-based observers, and a standardized oral care (OC) protocol with 0.1% chlorhexidine gluconate...Hori Y, Gu X, Xie X, Kim S. Differentiation of insulin-producing cells from human neural progenitor cells. PLoS Med. 2005;2:e103 pubmedCortes M, Baria A, Schwartz N. Sulfation of chondroitin sulfate proteoglycans is necessary for proper Indian hedgehog signaling in the developing growth plate. Development. 2009;136:1697-706 pubmed publisher..In situ hybridization and immunohistochemical analysis of bm limb growth plates showed diminished Indian hedgehog (Ihh) signaling and abnormal Ihh protein distribution in the extracellular matrix...Kang S, Chiang C, Palmer C, Tayo B, Lettre G, Butler J, et al. Genome-wide association of anthropometric traits in African- and African-derived populations. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:2725-38 pubmed publisher..populations showed evidence of replication in our GWA panel of African-derived populations, including variants near IHH and DLEU7 for height and MC4R for BMI...Yuksel Apak M, Bögershausen N, Pawlik B, Li Y, Apak S, Uyguner O, et al. A large duplication involving the IHH locus mimics acrocallosal syndrome. Eur J Hum Genet. 2012;20:639-44 pubmed publisherIndian hedgehog (Ihh) signaling is a major determinant of various processes during embryonic development and has a pivotal role in embryonic skeletal development...Choi S, Jeong D, Kim J, Lee B, Joeng K, Long F, et al. Indian Hedgehog signalling triggers Nkx3.2 protein degradation during chondrocyte maturation. Biochem J. 2012;443:789-98 pubmed publisherThe Ihh (Indian Hedgehog) pathway plays an essential role in facilitating chondrocyte hypertrophy and bone formation during skeletal development. Nkx3...Sugita D, Yayama T, Uchida K, Kokubo Y, Nakajima H, Yamagishi A, et al. Indian hedgehog signaling promotes chondrocyte differentiation in enchondral ossification in human cervical ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2013;38:E1388-96 pubmed publisherHistological, immunohistochemical, and immunoblot analyses of the expression of Indian hedgehog (Ihh) signaling in human cervical ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament (OPLL)...Tang C, Mei L, Pan L, Xiong W, Zhu H, Ruan H, et al. Hedgehog signaling through GLI1 and GLI2 is required for epithelial-mesenchymal transition in human trophoblasts. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1850:1438-48 pubmed publisher..HH through GLI1 and GLI2 acts as critical signals in supporting the physiological function of mature placenta. HH signaling through GLI1 and GLI2 could be required for the maintenance of human pregnancy. ..Halepoto D, Bashir S, Zeina R, Al Ayadhi L. Correlation Between Hedgehog (Hh) Protein Family and Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) in Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 2015;25:882-5 pubmed publisherTo determine the correlation of Sonic Hedgehog (SHH), Indian Hedgehog (IHH), and Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) in children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). An observational, comparative study...Wen X, Li X, Tang Y, Tang J, Zhou S, Xie Y, et al. Chondrocyte FGFR3 Regulates Bone Mass by Inhibiting Osteogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:24912-24921 pubmed..in chondrocytes promoted differentiation and mineralization of osteoblasts by up-regulating the expressions of Ihh, Bmp2, Bmp4, Bmp7, Wnt4, and Tgf-?1, as well as down-regulating Nog expression...Zou Q, Yang Z, Li D, Liu Z, Yuan Y. Association of chloride intracellular channel 4 and Indian hedgehog proteins with survival of patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Int J Exp Pathol. 2016;97:422-429 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to examine chloride intracellular channel 4 (CLIC4) and Indian Hedgehog (Ihh) expression in benign and malignant lesions of the pancreas and to examine the eventual association between CLIC4 ..Hang H, Liu X, Wang H, Xu N, Bian J, Zhang J, et al. Hepatocyte nuclear factor 4A improves hepatic differentiation of immortalized adult human hepatocytes and improves liver function and survival. Exp Cell Res. 2017;360:81-93 pubmed publisherImmortalized human hepatocytes (IHH) could provide an unlimited supply of hepatocytes, but insufficient differentiation and phenotypic instability restrict their clinical application...Vasques G, Funari M, Ferreira F, Aza Carmona M, Sentchordi Montané L, Barraza García J, et al. IHH gene mutations causing short stature with non-specific skeletal abnormalities and response to growth hormone therapy. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Genetic evaluation has been recognized as an important tool to elucidate the causes of growth disorders...Du C, Hu X, Cheng Y, Gao J, Zhang Y, Su K, et al. Synergetically understanding the interaction between nano/microspheres and peptide for controllable drug loading via experimental and theoretical approaches. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2018;83:169-176 pubmed publisher..nano/microspheres with highly cross-linked structure for the peptide, immunostimulating hexapeptide from human (IHH), by integrating both experimental and simulation efforts...Leek J, Moynihan T, Anwar R, Bonthron D, Markham A, Lench N. Assignment of Indian hedgehog (IHH) to human chromosome bands 2q33-->q35 by in situ hybridization. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1997;76:187-8 pubmedGritli Linde A, Lewis P, McMahon A, Linde A. The whereabouts of a morphogen: direct evidence for short- and graded long-range activity of hedgehog signaling peptides. Dev Biol. 2001;236:364-86 pubmedSonic Hedgehog (Shh) and Indian Hedgehog (Ihh) are members of the Hedgehog (Hh) family of signaling molecules known to be involved in embryonic patterning and morphogenesis...Kindblom J, Nilsson O, Hurme T, Ohlsson C, Savendahl L. Expression and localization of Indian hedgehog (Ihh) and parathyroid hormone related protein (PTHrP) in the human growth plate during pubertal development. J Endocrinol. 2002;174:R1-6 pubmedIndian Hedgehog (Ihh) has been reported to control the rate of cartilage differentiation during skeletal morphogenesis in rodents through a negative feedback loop involving parathyroid hormone related protein (PTHrP)...Hellemans J, Coucke P, Giedion A, De Paepe A, Kramer P, Beemer F, et al. Homozygous mutations in IHH cause acrocapitofemoral dysplasia, an autosomal recessive disorder with cone-shaped epiphyses in hands and hips. Am J Hum Genet. 2003;72:1040-6 pubmed..we identified two missense mutations in the amino-terminal signaling domain of the gene encoding Indian hedgehog (IHH)...Peacock C, Wang Q, Gesell G, Corcoran Schwartz I, Jones E, Kim J, et al. Hedgehog signaling maintains a tumor stem cell compartment in multiple myeloma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:4048-53 pubmed..The potential existence of similar relationships in other adult cancers may have important biologic and clinical implications for the study of aberrant Hh signaling. ..Kobune M, Kato J, Kawano Y, Sasaki K, Uchida H, Takada K, et al. Adenoviral vector-mediated transfer of the Indian hedgehog gene modulates lymphomyelopoiesis in vivo. Stem Cells. 2008;26:534-42 pubmedIndian hedgehog (Ihh) plays an essential role in angiogenesis, hematogenesis, and epiphysis formation during embryogenesis...Fu X, Deng H, Zhao L, Li J, Zhou Y, Zhang Y. Distinct expression patterns of hedgehog ligands between cultured and primary colorectal cancers are associated with aberrant methylation of their promoters. Mol Cell Biochem. 2010;337:185-92 pubmed publisher..In the present study, the mRNA expressions of Sonic hedgehog (SHH), Indian hedgehog (IHH), Patched, Smoothened, and Gli1 were examined in four cultured colon cancer cell lines by reverse transcription-PCR...Meulenbelt I, Bos S, Chapman K, van der Breggen R, Houwing Duistermaat J, Kremer D, et al. Meta-analyses of genes modulating intracellular T3 bio-availability reveal a possible role for the DIO3 gene in osteoarthritis susceptibility. Ann Rheum Dis. 2011;70:164-7 pubmed publisher..To elucidate the molecular mechanisms focus should be on the local adaptation to T3 availability either during the endochondral ossification process or during ageing of the articular cartilage. ..Izrailit J, Reedijk M. Developmental pathways in breast cancer and breast tumor-initiating cells: therapeutic implications. Cancer Lett. 2012;317:115-26 pubmed publisher..Herein, we review the role of developmental pathways in stem cell biology and provide an up-to-date survey of pre-clinical and clinical trials of novel strategies to target them. ..