Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IGH
Description: immunoglobulin heavy locus
Alias: IGD1, IGH.1@, IGH@, IGHD@, IGHDY1, IGHJ, IGHJ@, IGHV, IGHV@, D (diversity) region of heavy chains, J (joining) region of heavy chains, immunglobulin heavy chain variable region, immunoglobulin heavy diversity cluster, immunoglobulin heavy diversity group, immunoglobulin heavy diversity locus, immunoglobulin heavy joining cluster, immunoglobulin heavy joining group, immunoglobulin heavy polypeptide, joining region, immunoglobulin heavy variable cluster, immunoglobulin heavy variable group
Publications171 found, 100 shown here
- Detection of monoclonal immunoglobulin heavy chain gene rearrangement (FR3) in Thai malignant lymphoma by High Resolution Melting curve analysisTanawan Kummalue
Department of Clinical Pathology, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Bangkok 10700, Thailand
Diagn Pathol 5:31. 2010..Specific PCR primers sequences for IgH gene variable region 3, including fluorescence labeled IgH primers were used and results were compared with HRM...
- T(3;14)(p14.1;q32) involving IGH and FOXP1 is a novel recurrent chromosomal aberration in MALT lymphomaB Streubel
Department of Pathology, Vienna General Hospital, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Leukemia 19:652-8. 2005..1;q32) or trisomy 3. This study identifies FOXP1 as a new translocation partner of IGH in a site-dependent subset of MALT lymphomas.
- Prognostic factors identified three risk groups in the LRF CLL4 trial, independent of treatment allocationDavid Oscier
Department of Haematology, Royal Bournemouth Hospital, Bournemouth, UK
Haematologica 95:1705-12. 2010..The aim of this study was to determine which of the available markers independently predicted outcome in patients requiring treatment and to use these to define new risk groups...
- Splenic marginal zone lymphoma: Clinical clustering of immunoglobulin heavy chain repertoiresLuca Arcaini
Division of Hematology, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, University of Pavia Viale C Golgi 19, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Blood Cells Mol Dis 42:286-91. 2009..Fifty-nine IGHV rearrangements were amplified...
- MicroRNA-125b-1 and BLID upregulation resulting from a novel IGH translocation in childhood B-Cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemiaElisa Tassano
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Giannina Gaslini Institute, Genova, Italy
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 49:682-7. 2010..As a rule, IGH translocations generate transcriptional activation of the oncogene localized in the proximity of the breakpoint...
- Arrangement of human immunoglobulin heavy chain constant region genes implies evolutionary duplication of a segment containing gamma, epsilon and alpha genesJ G Flanagan
Nature 300:709-13. 1982..This implies an evolutionary duplication in this multigene family involving gamma, epsilon and alpha genes...
- Pathology of aging B6;129 miceD C Haines
Veterinary Pathology Section, Pathology Histotechnology Laboratory, SAIC Frederickm, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Toxicol Pathol 29:653-61. 2001..Immunohistochemistry revealed CD45R expression as well as infiltration by many CD3+ T cells. IgH gene rearrangements were found in typical mesenteric node lymphomas indicating B-cell origin...
- Treatment of low grade gastric mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma in stage I with Helicobacter pylori eradication. Long-term results after sequential histologic and molecular follow-upC Montalban
Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Carretera de Colmenar Km 9, 28034 Madrid, Spain
Haematologica 86:609-17. 2001..Moreover, in half of the apparently cured patients a monoclonal rearrangement of the IgH gene can be demonstrated. However, data on the long-term outcome of the patients are scarce...
- Fluorescence in situ hybridization detection of chromosome IGH/BCL2 translocations from paraffin-embedded tissue: evaluation in follicular lymphomaYuko Hirose
Division of Hematology and Immunology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kanazawa Medical University, Ishikawa, Japan
Int J Hematol 78:154-9. 2003..The t(14;18)(q32;q21) associated with follicular lymphoma juxtaposes a portion of BCL-2 (18q21) and IGH(14q32); the result is bcl-2 overexpression...
- [Pathologic diagnosis and subtyping of lymphoma in bone marrow biopsies using histologic examination, immunohistochemistry and gene rearrangement studies]Jia Cheng Xiao
Department of Pathology, Rui Jin Hospital of Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai 200025, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 33:120-4. 2004..To assess the value of histologic examination, immunohistochemistry and gene rearrangement studies in the diagnosis and subtyping of lymphoma with bone marrow involvement (BMI)...
- Interphase fluorescence in situ hybridization is more sensitive than BIOMED-2 polymerase chain reaction protocol in detecting IGH-BCL2 rearrangement in both fixed and frozen lymph node with follicular lymphomaMarc Antoine Belaud-Rotureau
Pathology Laboratory, CHU Bordeaux, 33604 Pessac, France
Hum Pathol 38:365-72. 2007..With the use of split signal DNA probes, 1 case showed a trisomy of the BCL2 locus and another displayed BCL6 and IGH breakpoints that would suggest a t(3;14)...
- Characterization of an Oct1 orthologue in the channel catfish, Ictalurus punctatus: a negative regulator of immunoglobulin gene transcription?Mara L Lennard
Marine Biomedicine and Environmental Sciences Center and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
BMC Mol Biol 8:8. 2007The enhancer (Emu3') of the immunoglobulin heavy chain locus (IGH) of the channel catfish (Ictalurus punctatus) has been well characterized...
- t(11;18)(q21;q21) in extranodal marginal zone B-cell lymphoma of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue in stomach: a study of 48 casesGuanghua Wang
Division of Molecular Pathology, Department of Scientific Laboratories, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington DC 20306 6000, USA
Mod Pathol 22:79-86. 2009..Of the 48 analyzed cases, 15 (31%) were positive for t(11;18)(q21;q21) and 33 (69%) were monoclonal for IgH gene rearrangement...
- [Clinical significance in detection of immunoglobulin heavy chain clonal rearrangement in bone marrow of patients with B cell lymphoma]Zhi yu Chen
Department of Medical Oncology, Cancer Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 31:183-8. 2009To explore the feasibility of semi-nested PCR technique for detection of immunoglobulin heavy chain (IgH) clonal rearrangement in bone marrow of B-cell lymphoma patient and to further evaluate its clinicopathological value.
- The immunoglobulin heavy chain locus in the platypus (Ornithorhynchus anatinus)F Gambón-Deza
Vigo University Hospital Complex, Pontevedra, Spain
Mol Immunol 46:2515-23. 2009..We have recently described the genomic organization of the immunoglobulin heavy chain locus in reptiles (IGHM, IGHD and IGHY)...
- Long-range oncogenic activation of Igh-c-myc translocations by the Igh 3' regulatory regionMonica Gostissa
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 462:803-7. 2009..Translocations within Igh involve DNA double-strand breaks initiated either by the RAG1/2 endonuclease during variable, diversity and joining ..
- Molecular cytogenetic aberrations in patients with multiple myeloma studied by interphase fluorescence in situ hybridizationL J Chen
Department of Hematology, First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Jiangsu Province Hospital Nanjing 210029, China
Exp Oncol 29:116-20. 2007..Therefore, fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) analysis combined with magnetic-activated cell sorting (MACS) is an attractive alternative for evaluation of numerical and structural chromosomal changes in MM...
- [Primers for detecting gene rearrangement in different regions of immunoglobulin heavy chain genes and their application in diagnosis of paraffin-embedded lymphoma tissues]Zong Li Qi
Department of Pathology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 28:1964-7. 2008..To analyze and optimize the gene rearrangement primers of different frame regions (FR) of immunoglobulin heavy chain (IgH) genes by bioinformatic methods and explore the application of these primers in the detection of paraffin-embedded ..
- In multiple myeloma, circulating hyperdiploid B cells have clonotypic immunoglobulin heavy chain rearrangements and may mediate spread of diseaseL M Pilarski
Department of Oncology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 6:585-96. 2000..Hyperdiploid MM B cells express CD34 and have clonotypic IgH transcripts, confirming them as part of the malignant clone...
- beta-Mercaptoethanol differentially acts on the rat somatotrophs and lactotrophs in primary culture to suppress the secretion of immunoreactive hormonesK Nakamura
Second Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Iwate Medical University, Japan
Horm Metab Res 26:565-9. 1994..of the structural similarities between PRL and growth hormone (GH), the effects of ME on the hormonal dynamics of iGH were compared to those of iPRL...
- [Comparative study of genetic aberrations in human multiple myeloma cell lines and newly diagnosed MM by fluorescence in situ hybridization]Gang An
Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Tianjin 300020, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 18:1505-10. 2010..3 (D13S19), 14q32 (IGHC/IGHV) , 1q12 (CEP1), 17p13 (TP53) were was used to detect 7 HMCL and 85 cases of newly diagnosed MM...
- Primary burkitt lymphoma of the chest wallRommel Lu
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Medical Oncology, University of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville, VA
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk 10:E38. 2010..Molecular cytogenetic analysis revealed fusion signals with IgH/Myc t(8;14) dual fusion probe, supporting the diagnosis of BL...
- The incidence and anatomic site specificity of chromosomal translocations in primary extranodal marginal zone B-cell lymphoma of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT lymphoma) in North AmericaEllen D Remstein
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN 55905, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 30:1546-53. 2006..from diverse anatomic sites were studied by fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) using probes for API2-MALT1, IGH-MALT1, IGH-BCL10, IGH-FOXP1, IGH, +/- centromeres 3, 7, 12, and 18, and a subset (n=74) were analyzed using FISH ..
- Abnormal patterns of immunoglobulin heavy chain gene DNA fingerprinting during chronic phase chronic myeloid leukemiaA Spencer
Haematology Department, Mater Hospital, Newcastle, Australia
Leuk Lymphoma 32:299-307. 1999Using IgH DNA fingerprinting we have previously demonstrated clonal immunoglobulin heavy chain (IgH) gene rearrangements during chronic phase (CP) chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) in patients destined to develop lymphoid blast crisis (L-BC)...
- [Clinicopathologic characteristics and chromosomal abnormalities in salivary mucosa associated lymphoid tissue lymphomas]Bai zhou Li
Department of Pathology, Second Hospital of Zhejiang University Medical College, Hangzhou 310009, China
Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 44:651-6. 2009..To study the morphological and genetic characteristics in salivary gland marginal zone B cell lymphoma of mucosa associated lymphoid tissue (MALT) lymphomas...
- Mantle cell lymphoma: improved diagnostics using a combined approach of immunohistochemistry and identification of t(11;14)(q13;q32) by polymerase chain reaction and fluorescence in situ hybridizationRoman Kodet
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, Charles University, 2nd Medical School and Faculty Hospital in Motol, V Uvalu 84, 150 06, Prague 5 Motol, Czech Republic
Virchows Arch 442:538-47. 2003..of cyclin D1 due to juxtaposition of the bcl-1 locus (and CCND1 gene coding for the cyclin D1) to the IgH gene. This phenomenon is caused by t(11;14)(q13;q32). The morphological diagnosis of MCL may pose difficulties...
- Diverse chemicals including aryl hydrocarbon receptor ligands modulate transcriptional activity of the 3'immunoglobulin heavy chain regulatory regionRebecca A Henseler
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Boonshoft School of Medicine, Wright State University, Dayton, OH 45435, USA
Toxicology 261:9-18. 2009..IgH) gene is a sensitive target of TCDD and may be transcriptionally inhibited by TCDD through inhibition of the 3'IgH transcriptional regulatory region (3'IgHRR)...
- Uncoupling between Ig somatic hypermutation and oncogene mutation in mouse lymphomaChristelle Vincent
UMR CNRS 6101, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Universite de Limoges, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1793:418-26. 2009..By inserting a c-myc gene under the control of the 3'IgH locus control region (LCR) into the mouse genome, we generated c-myc-3'LCR mice that develop clonal BL or diffuse ..
- The mouse immunoglobulin heavy chain V-D intergenic sequence contains insulators that may regulate ordered V(D)J recombinationKaren Featherstone
Laboratory of Chromatin and Gene Expression, Babraham Institute, Babraham Research Campus, Cambridge CB22 3AT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 285:9327-38. 2010..We have assembled the sequence of a strategically located 96-kb V-D intergenic region in the mouse Igh and analyzed its activity during lymphocyte development...
- Humoral and cellular immunity in secondary infection due to murine Chlamydia trachomatisD M Williams
Audie L Murphy Memorial Veterans Hospital, and Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Sciences Center at San Antonio, 78284, USA
Infect Immun 65:2876-82. 1997..CD8+ T-cell function (beta2-microglobulin deficient, MHC class I deficient [Beta2m-/-]), B-cell function (C57BL/10J-Igh(tm1Cgn) [Igh-/-]), and gamma interferon (IFN-gamma) (C57BL/6-Ifg(tm1) [Ifg-/-]) or interleukin-4 (C57BL/6J(tm1Cgn29)..
- Minimal residual disease detection in mantle cell lymphoma: methods and significance of four-color flow cytometry compared to consensus IGH-polymerase chain reaction at initial staging and for follow-up examinationsSebastian Böttcher
Second Department of Medicine, Chemnitzstrasse 33, D 24116 Kiel, Germany
Haematologica 93:551-9. 2008..Data from prospective clinical trials comparing the clinical applicability of flow cytometry to routine diagnostic methods and to polymerase chain reaction are currently lacking...
- Application of germline IGH probes in real-time quantitative PCR for the detection of minimal residual disease in acute lymphoblastic leukemiaO J Verhagen
Department of Immunohematology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Leukemia 14:1426-35. 2000..The ASO primer approach reached maximal sensitivities of at least 10(-4) in 33 out of 35 IGH rearrangements...
- Polymerase chain reaction detection of cells carrying t(14;18) in bone marrow of patients with follicular and diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: the importance of analysis at diagnosis and significance of long-term follow-upT Papajik
Department of Hemato Oncology, University Hospital, Olomouc, Czech Republic
Neoplasma 48:501-5. 2001..The bcl-2/IgH rearrangement constitutes good target for polymerase chain reaction (PCR) detection that allows to find out one ..
- Differential response to H. pylori eradication therapy of co-existing diffuse large B-cell lymphoma and MALT lymphoma of stomach-significance of tumour cell clonality and BCL10 expressionS H Kuo
Department of Oncology, National Taiwan University Hospital and National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
J Pathol 211:296-304. 2007..clonality of lymphoma cells was examined by polymerase chain reaction-based amplification of the CDR3 region of the IgH gene and confirmed by DNA sequence analysis. BCL10 expression was determined by immunohistochemistry...
- Structure and organization of the immunoglobulin M heavy chain genes in Atlantic salmon, Salmo salarI Hordvik
Department of Fisheries and Marine Biology, High Technology Center, University of Bergen, Norway
Mol Immunol 34:631-9. 1997..Two closely related IgH constant region genes, CHA and CHB, have been sequenced completely...
- Bright/ARID3A contributes to chromatin accessibility of the immunoglobulin heavy chain enhancerDanjuan Lin
Section of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology and Institute of Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas, USA
Mol Cancer 6:23. 2007..Bright positively activates IgH transcriptional initiation by binding to ATC-rich P sites within nuclear matrix attachment regions (MARs) flanking ..
- Fluorescence immunophenotypic and interphase cytogenetic characterization of nodal lymphoplasmacytic lymphomaRachel Lynn Sargent
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 32:1643-53. 2008..Cases with IgH R were further studied with an IgH/BCL2 probe...
- [A clinical study of chromosome translocations in extranodal marginal zone lymphoma of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue in Chinese patients]Ge Hong Dong
Department of Pathology, Health Science Center, Peking University, Beijing 100191, China
Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 48:181-5. 2009..To investigate the genetic aberrations in extranodal marginal zone lymphoma of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT) lymphomas from different sites of the body in Chinese patients...
- Ig/EBP-1: a ubiquitously expressed immunoglobulin enhancer binding protein that is similar to C/EBP and heterodimerizes with C/EBPC Roman
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of California, Los Angeles
Genes Dev 4:1404-15. 1990..A fusion protein encoded by the cDNA binds specifically to muEBP-E-binding sites (E sites) in both the IgH enhancer and the VH1 promoter...
- IgH class switching and translocations use a robust non-classical end-joining pathwayCatherine T Yan
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, of Genetics, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 449:478-82. 2007..C-NHEJ indeed catalyses CSR joins, because C-NHEJ-deficient B cells had decreased CSR and substantial levels of IgH locus (immunoglobulin heavy chain, encoded by Igh) chromosomal breaks...
- BOB.1 of the channel catfish, Ictalurus punctatus: not a transcriptional coactivator?Mara L Lennard Richard
Marine Biomedicine and Environmental Sciences Center, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Mol Immunol 46:481-91. 2009..is an activator of transcription, catfish Oct1 failed to drive transcription and may act as a negative regulator of IGH transcription. In mammals, the Oct co-activator BOB...
- Anti-insulin receptor autoantibodies are not required for type 2 diabetes pathogenesis in NZL/Lt mice, a New Zealand obese (NZO)-derived mouse strainMarcia F McInerney
Department of Medicinal and Biological Chemistry, University of Toledo College of Pharmacy, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
Exp Diabesity Res 5:177-85. 2004..pathogenic contributions of B lymphocytes and AIRAs in this model, a disrupted immunoglobulin heavy chain gene (Igh-6) congenic on the NZB/BlJ background was backcrossed 4 generations into the NZO/HlLt background and was then ..
- Replacement of Imu-Cmu intron by NeoR gene alters Imu germ-line expression but has no effect on V(D)J recombinationDania Haddad
CNRS UMR 5089, Institut de Pharmacologie et de Biologie Structurale, Equipe Instabilité génétique et régulation transcriptionnelle, 205 route de Narbonne, 31077 Toulouse, France
Mol Immunol 47:961-71. 2010..This polarized long-range effect of the 3'RR is disturbed upon insertion of NeoR gene in the IgH constant (C(H)) region, where only GL transcription derived from upstream GL promoters is impaired...
- Evaluation of B-cell clonality in archival skin biopsy samples of cutaneous B-cell lymphoma by immunoglobulin heavy chain gene polymerase chain reactionAnsgar Lukowsky
Department of Dermatology and Allergy, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
Leuk Lymphoma 47:487-93. 2006..were amplified by the Biomed-2 IgH-PCR protocols as well as using four other assays, priming also the three IgH framework regions (FR) 1-3. All PCR products were analysed by fluorescence fragment analysis...
- T(14;18)(q32;q21) involving IGH and MALT1 is a frequent chromosomal aberration in MALT lymphomaBerthold Streubel
Department of Pathology, Division of Oncology, Vienna General Hospital, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Blood 101:2335-9. 2003..Among a total of 66 cases, t(14;18)(q32;q21) involving IGH and MALT1 was detected in MALT lymphomas of the liver (4 of 4), skin (3 of 11), ocular adnexa (3 of 8), and salivary ..
- In a model of immunoglobulin heavy-chain (IGH)/MYC translocation, the Igh 3' regulatory region induces MYC expression at the immature stage of B cell developmentYi Yan
Department of Biological Sciences, Hunter College and Graduate Center of the City University of New York, New York, NY, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 46:950-9. 2007..involving the heavy chain locus (IGH) place the MYC gene either in cis with both the intronic enhancer Emu and the IGH 3' regulatory region (3'RR) or in cis with only the 3'RR. The result is deregulated MYC expression...
- Integrity of the AID serine-38 phosphorylation site is critical for class switch recombination and somatic hypermutation in miceHwei Ling Cheng
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:2717-22. 2009..class switch recombination (CSR) and Ig somatic hypermutation (SHM) by deaminating cytidines within, respectively, IgH switch (S) regions and Ig variable region (V) exons...
- A novel chromosomal translocation t(4; 14)(p16.3; q32) in multiple myeloma involves the fibroblast growth-factor receptor 3 geneR Richelda
Laboratorio di Ematologia Sperimentale e Genetica Molecolare, Servizio di Ematologia, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Ospedale Maggiore IRCCS, Milano, Italy
Blood 90:4062-70. 1997..the linkage analysis of the joining (J) and the constant (C) mu, alpha, and gamma regions to detect cases bearing IGH switch-mediated chromosomal translocations...
- Deletion mapping of the mouse ornithine decarboxylase-related locus Odc-rs8 within Igh-VB A Richards-Smith
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263
Mamm Genome 3:568-74. 1992..In the present study, alleles at Odc-rs8 were shown to cosegregate with those for Igh variable region (Igh-V or VH) genes among 37 inbred mouse strains that had been characterized previously for their ..
- Comparative analysis of immunoglobulin polymerase chain reaction and flow cytometry in fine needle aspiration biopsy differential diagnosis of non-Hodgkin B-cell lymphoid malignanciesAlicia Maroto
Departamento de Anatomía Patológica del Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre de Madrid, Espana
Diagn Cytopathol 37:647-53. 2009..The adjunctive values of a single primer pair PCR amplification of IgH genes and of the immunophenotyping by flow cytometry were evaluated comparing their results with the final ..
- Identification of a locus control region in the immunoglobulin heavy-chain locus that deregulates c-myc expression in plasmacytoma and Burkitt's lymphoma cellsL Madisen
Hutchinson Cancer Center, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle 98104
Genes Dev 8:2212-26. 1994..Translocation events between c-myc and the IgH locus segregate c-myc and the IgH intron enhancer to different reciprocal products in all plasmacytomas and in most ..
- High frequency of matrix attachment regions and cut-like protein x/CCAAT-displacement protein and B cell regulator of IgH transcription binding sites flanking Ig V region genesPeter Goebel
The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Immunol 169:2477-87. 2002..with the MAR-binding proteins cut-like protein x/CCAAT-displacement protein (Cux/CDP), B cell regulator of IgH transcription (Bright), and special AT-rich sequence-binding protein (SATB1) by EMSA...
- Immunoglobulin heavy chain exclusion in the sharkKarolina Malecek
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn, Brooklyn, New York, United States of America
PLoS Biol 6:e157. 2008..Sharks have an IgH locus organization consisting of 15-200 independently rearranging miniloci (VH-D1-D2-JH-Cmu), a gene organization ..
- Diagnosis of intraocular lymphoma by polymerase chain reaction analysis and cytokine profiling of the vitreous fluidSunao Sugita
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 53:209-14. 2009..To determine whether a diagnosis of intraocular lymphoma (IOL) can be made using a combination of polymerase chain reaction (PCR) analysis to detect gene rearrangement of immunoglobulin and cytokine concentrations in the vitreous fluid...
- Secondary ocular involvement in systemic "memory" B-cell lymphocytic leukemiaS E Coupland
Department of Pathology, University Hospital Benjamin Franklin, Freie Universitat, Berlin, Germany
Ophthalmology 108:1289-95. 2001..on the basis of the presence of somatic mutations in the variable region of the immunoglobulin heavy chain gene (IgH)...
- Evolution of the immunoglobulin heavy chain class switch recombination mechanismJayanta Chaudhuri
Immunology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Adv Immunol 94:157-214. 2007..b>IgH CSR occurs within and requires large, repetitive sequences, termed S regions, which are parts of germ line ..
- An unbalanced translocation involving chromosome 14 is the probable cause for loss of potentially functional rearranged immunoglobulin heavy chain genes in the Epstein-Barr virus-positive Hodgkin's lymphoma-derived cell line L591Martina Vockerodt
Department of Internal Medicine I, Universitity of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Br J Haematol 119:640-6. 2002..As in other cases only one non-productive IgH chain gene rearrangement was amplified from H-RS cells, it was speculated whether, in these cases, the functionally ..
- Improvements to B cell clonality analysis using PCR amplification of immunoglobulin light chain genesT C Diss
Histopathology Department, Royal Free and University College Medical School, University Street, London WC1E 6JJ, UK
Mol Pathol 55:98-101. 2002Clonality analysis using polymerase chain reaction (PCR) amplification of the immunoglobulin heavy chain (IgH) gene is an important aid to the diagnosis of B cell lymphoproliferative diseases...
- Insertion of c-Myc into Igh induces B-cell and plasma-cell neoplasms in miceSung Sup Park
Laboratory of Genetics, Genetics Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Cancer Res 65:1306-15. 2005..We conclude that Myc(His) insertion into Igh predictably induces B-cell and plasma-cell tumors in mice, providing a valuable mouse model for understanding the ..
- Bone marrow trephines containing lymphoid aggregates from patients with rheumatoid and other autoimmune disorders frequently show clonal B-cell infiltratesKnut Engels
Senckenbergisches Institut für Pathologie, Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, 60590 Frankfurt M, Germany
Hum Pathol 38:1402-11. 2007..5 patients with rheumatoid or other autoimmune disorders, were analyzed by morphology, immunohistochemistry, IGH gene rearrangement (polymerase chain reaction), and DNA sequence analysis in selected cases. In 22 (68...
- Chromosome 14q32 translocations involving the immunoglobulin heavy chain locus in chronic lymphocytic leukaemia identify a disease subset with poor prognosisFrancesco Cavazzini
Section of Haematology, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Advanced Therapies, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Br J Haematol 142:529-37. 2008..e. +12, 6q-, 1-2 anomalies), group 3 (unfavourable, i.e. 17p-, 11q-, complex karyotype), or group 4 (14q32/IGH translocation). Endpoints were treatment-free survival (TFS) and overall survival (OS)...
- Phenotyping studies of clonotypic B lymphocytes from patients with multiple myeloma by flow cytometryE Joseph Conway
Department of Pathology, The Methodist Hospital and The Methodist Hospital Research Institute, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 133:1594-9. 2009Clonotypic B lymphocytes, monoclonal B lymphocytes sharing identical, rearranged IGH-CDR3 sequences with the patient's myeloma cells, have been detected in the peripheral blood of patients with multiple myeloma...
- [Chromosome study on chronic lymphocytic leukemia using CpG-oligodeoxynucleotide as immunostimulant agent]Yafang Wu
The First Affiliated Hospital, Soochow University, Jiangsu Institute of Hematology, Suzhou, Jiangsu, 215006 P R China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 27:86-91. 2010..To investigate whether CpG-oligodeoxynucleotide (CpG-ODN) can improve the detection rate of the karyotypic abnormalities in chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)...
- IGHV gene mutational status and LPL/ADAM29 gene expression as clinical outcome predictors in CLL patients in remission following treatment with oral fludarabine plus cyclophosphamideKarim Maloum
Service d Hematologie Biologique, CHU Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Ann Hematol 88:1215-21. 2009Several prognostic factors can predict the rapid progression in chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL), including IGHV mutational status, cytogenetic abnormalities and, more recently, LPL/ADAM29 expression...
- Combined patterns of IGHV repertoire and cytogenetic/molecular alterations in monoclonal B lymphocytosis versus chronic lymphocytic leukemiaAna Henriques
Cancer Research Center, IBMCC, USAL CSIC, Department of Medicine and Cytometry Service, University of Salamanca and Institute for Biomedical Research of Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
PLoS ONE 8:e67751. 2013..Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)-like monoclonal B lymphocytosis (MBL) with (MBL(hi)) or without (MBL(lo)) absolute B-lymphocytosis precedes most CLL cases,the specific determinants for malignant progression remaining unknown...
- B acute lymphoblastic leukemia with t(14;19)(q32;p13.1) involving IGH/EPOR: a clinically aggressive subset of diseaseJesse M Jaso
Department of Hematopathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Mod Pathol 27:382-9. 2014B acute lymphoblastic leukemia (B-ALL) with t(14;19)(q32;p13.1), in which IGH and EPOR are juxtaposed, has been reported rarely...
- Immunoarchitectural patterns in splenic marginal zone lymphoma: correlations with chromosomal aberrations, IGHV mutations, and survival. A study of 76 casesAlexandra Traverse-Glehen
Hospices Civils de Lyon, Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Universite Lyon 1, Pierre Benite, France
Histopathology 62:876-93. 2013..To describe 76 cases of splenic marginal zone lymphoma (SMZL), including correlations with clinical and other characteristics...
- Methylation markers identify high risk patients in IGHV mutated chronic lymphocytic leukemiaLaura Irving
Crucible Laboratory, Institute for Ageing and Health, Newcastle University, UK
Epigenetics 6:300-6. 2011..revealed that methylation score was the strongest predictor of time to first treatment, and was independent of IGHV gene mutational status and CD38 expression...
- Plasma levels of basic fibroblast growth factor and vascular endothelial growth factor and their association with IgVH mutation status in patients with B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemiaLukas Smolej
Haematologica 91:1432-3. 2006..We investigated whether there is an association between the concentration of both vascular endothelial growth factor and basic fibroblast growth factor and IgV(H) mutation status in 49 untreated B-CLL patients...
- Use of IGHJ and IGHD gene mutations in analysis of immunoglobulin sequences for the prognosis of chronic lymphocytic leukemiaCindy E H Lee
School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences, University of New South Wales, Kensington, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Leuk Res 31:1247-52. 2007..focuses solely upon the heavy chain IGHV gene, however mutation is a stochastic process that also targets IGHD and IGHJ genes...
- IGHV gene mutational status and 17p deletion are independent molecular predictors in a comprehensive clinical-biological prognostic model for overall survival prediction in chronic lymphocytic leukemiaPietro Bulian
Clinical and Experimental Onco Hematology Unit, IRCCS Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, Via Franco Gallini 2, 33170 Aviano PN, Italy
J Transl Med 10:18. 2012..Our objective was to test in a large retrospective cohort of CLL patients the prognostic power of biological and clinical-demographic variable in a comprehensive multivariate model. A new prognostic index was proposed...
- A capture-sequencing strategy identifies IRF8, EBF1, and APRIL as novel IGH fusion partners in B-cell lymphomaHakim Bouamar
Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, USA
Blood 122:726-33. 2013..However, existing methodologies for the detection of IGH translocations are labor intensive, often require viable cells, and are biased toward known IGH fusions...
- Discovery of a novel immunoglobulin heavy chain gene chimera from common carp (Cyprinus carpio L.)Ram Savan
Faculty of Agriculture, University of Miyazaki, Gakuen kibanadai Nishi 1 1, Miyazaki, 889 2192, Japan
Immunogenetics 57:458-63. 2005..Recently, a new IGH isotype specific to teleosts had been identified from zebra fish, rainbow trout, and fugu...
- Changes in replication, nuclear location, and expression of the Igh locus after fusion of a pre-B cell line with a T cell lineJie Zhou
Department of Cell Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Immunol 175:2317-20. 2005We have previously observed that replication and nuclear location of the murine Igh locus are developmentally regulated during B cell differentiation...
- Allelic polymorphism of murine IgE controlled by the seventh immunoglobulin heavy chain allotype locusM S Borges
Immunogenetics 13:499-507. 1981..raised in BALB/c mice against monoclonal IgE of C57BL/6 origin reacted exclusively with IgE of strains having Igh-1b (IgG2 a) allotype...
- Use of a simple, general targeting vector for replacing the DNA of the heavy chain constant region in mouse hybridoma cellsDiana Ronai
Immunology Department, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada M5S 1A8
J Immunol Methods 275:191-202. 2003..DNA segments from the JH-S micro region and from the region 3' of Calpha are normally present in the functional IgH gene of all hybridomas, regardless of the heavy chain class which is expressed...
- A mature T lymphocyte marker closely linked to Igh-1 that is expressed on the precursor for the suppressor T cell regulating a primary response to SRBCF L Owen
J Immunol 124:1411-7. 1980The product of a new genetic locus closely linked to Igh-1 in the mouse has previously been shown to be expressed on T cells by using an in vitro fluorescent antibody assay...
- Incidence and clinical significance of bcl-2/IgH rearrangements in follicular lymphomaSilvia Montoto
Hematology Department, Institute of Hematology and Oncology, Postgraduate School of Hematology Farrers Valenti Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer, Hospital Clinic of Barcelona, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Leuk Lymphoma 44:71-6. 2003Bcl-2/IgH rearrangement is the molecular hallmark of follicular lymphoma (FL) which is present in 70-90% of the cases at diagnosis. The clinical significance of this feature is controversial...
- Role of the Igh intronic enhancer Eμ in clonal selection at the pre-B to immature B cell transitionCheng Peng
Department of Biological Sciences, Hunter College and The Graduate Center of City University of New York, New York, NY 10065
J Immunol 191:4399-411. 2013..for allelic exclusion that occurs at the pre-B cell to immature B cell transition and is dependent upon the IgH intronic enhancer, Eμ...
- Impaired rearrangement of IgH V to DJ segments in bone marrow Pro-B cells from old micePaul Szabo
Division of Geriatrics and Gerontology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cell Immunol 222:78-87. 2003..We have demonstrated both decreased rearrangement of the V to DJ IgH gene segments and low levels of VH germline transcripts in Pro-B cells, the precursors of Pre-B cells, from old ..
- Flexible long-range loops in the VH gene region of the Igh locus facilitate the generation of a diverse antibody repertoireJasna Medvedovic
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Vienna Biocenter, Dr Bohr Gasse 7, 1030 Vienna, Austria
Immunity 39:229-44. 2013..VH-DJH recombination by juxtaposing distal VH genes next to the DJH-rearranged gene segment in the 3' proximal Igh domain...
- Usefulness of IGH/TCR PCR studies in lymphoproliferative disorders with inconclusive clonality by flow cytometryJordi Ribera
IJC Institut de Recerca Contra la Leucèmia Josep Carreras, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 86:25-31. 2014..We analyzed IGH and TCRγ genes by PCR in 106 samples with inconclusive FCM results...
- Rapid diagnosis of clonal immunoglobulin heavy chain gene rearrangements in cutaneous B-cell lymphomas using the LightCycler-Polymerase Chain Reaction with DNA melting curve analysisDongsheng Xu
Department of Pathology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York 10467, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 26:385-9. 2004We have recently developed a novel Immunoglobulin heavy chain gene rearrangement (IgH-R) assay that combines polymerase chain reaction (PCR) amplification and analysis in the same closed capillary tube using the LightCycler System...
- Immunoglobulin heavy chain (IGH@) translocations negatively impact treatment-free survival for chronic lymphocytic leukemia patients who have an isolated deletion 13q abnormalityAlina S Gerrie
Division of Hematology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Cancer Genet 205:523-7. 2012Immunoglobulin heavy chain translocations (t(IGH@)) are suggested to portend a poor prognosis in chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)...
- Correlation between presence of clonal rearrangements of immunoglobulin heavy chain genes and B-cell antigen expression in Hodgkin's diseaseA Orazi
Division of Hematopathology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 104:413-8. 1995..b>IgH gene rearrangement was present in 8 of 15 (53%) NSHD and in 1 of 3 (33%) MCHD...
- PCR detection of residual Bcl-2/IgH-positive cells after high-dose therapy with autologous stem cell transplantation is a prognostic factor for event-free survival in patients with low-grade follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphomaB Mahe
Service d Hematologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Nantes, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 31:467-73. 2003..PCR amplification of the Bcl-2/IgH rearrangement was performed at diagnosis, on stem cell collections before and after purging and on bone marrow and ..
- Discovery of a new class of immunoglobulin heavy chain from fuguRam Savan
Laboratory of Marine Biotechnology, Faculty of Agriculture, Miyazaki, Japan
Eur J Immunol 35:3320-31. 2005..In this study, we report the discovery of a new class of IgH from fugu. This isotype was first identified from the genomic sequence of the fugu IgH locus...
- Shaping of human germline IgH repertoires revealed by deep sequencingKevin Larimore
Department of Immunology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Immunol 189:3221-30. 2012..the benefits of Ig repertoire diversity with the risks of autoreactivity and nonfunctionality of highly variable IgH CDR3s, we collected millions of rearranged germline IgH CDR3 sequences by deep sequencing of DNA from mature human ..
- Activation-induced cytidine deaminase-initiated off-target DNA breaks are detected and resolved during S phaseMuneer G Hasham
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
J Immunol 189:2374-82. 2012Activation-induced cytidine deaminase (AID) initiates DNA double-strand breaks (DSBs) in the IgH gene (Igh) to stimulate isotype class switch recombination (CSR), and widespread breaks in non-Igh (off-target) loci throughout the genome...
- Cloned IGH VDJ targets as tools for personalized minimal residual disease monitoring in mature lymphoid malignancies; a feasibility study in mantle cell lymphoma by the Groupe Ouest Est d'Etude des Leucémies et Autres Maladies du SangEstelle Gimenez
INSERM U823, Institut Albert Bonniot, Grenoble, France
Br J Haematol 158:186-97. 2012..Current EuroMRD consensus IGH real-time quantitative polymerase chain reaction RQ-PCR assays rely on flow cytometric assessment of diagnostic ..
- Germline deletion of Igh 3' regulatory region elements hs 5, 6, 7 (hs5-7) affects B cell-specific regulation, rearrangement, and insulation of the Igh locusSabrina A Volpi
Department of Cell Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Immunol 188:2556-66. 2012Regulatory elements located within an ∼28-kb region 3' of the Igh gene cluster (3' regulatory region) are required for class switch recombination and for high levels of IgH expression in plasma cells...
- The CBFA2T3/ACSF3 locus is recurrently involved in IGH chromosomal translocation t(14;16)(q32;q24) in pediatric B-cell lymphoma with germinal center phenotypeItziar Salaverria
Institute of Human Genetics, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein Campus Kiel Christian Albrechts University, Kiel, Germany
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 51:338-43. 2012..In case of a breakpoint in the IGH switch region, oncogene activation can take place on both derivative chromosomes, which means that in principle one ..
- JAK2V617F-positive essential thrombocythemia and multiple myeloma with IGH/CCND1 gene translocation coexist, but originate from separate clonesJunya Kuroda
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Medicine, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Acta Haematol 120:177-81. 2008....
- Bcl-2/IgH expression in minimal bone marrow infiltration by follicular lymphoma cellsYi Qun Che
Clinical Laboratory Department, Chao Yang Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing 100020, PR China
Mol Med Rep 5:383-7. 2012..We identified the same bcl-2/IgH fusion gene in paraffin-embedded lymph node (LN) samples and BM samples using immunohistochemistry ..
- Interaction between the immunoglobulin heavy chain 3' regulatory region and the IgH transcription unit during B cell differentiationZhongliang Ju
Department of Cell Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Mol Immunol 49:297-303. 2011..The 3' regulatory region (3' RR) is a key regulator of the Igh locus, and, as revealed by deletions in mouse plasma cell lines and mice, is required for IgH expression as well as ..
- Switching on cytotoxicity by a single mutation at the heavy chain variable region of an anti-ganglioside antibodyYuniel Fernández-Marrero
Department of Immunobiology, Center of Molecular Immunology, P O Box 16040, Havana 11600, Cuba
Mol Immunol 48:1059-67. 2011..Unlike 14F7 mAb, the cytotoxicity of the P3 E(99)→R mutant antibody did not exclusively depend on ganglioside expression on tumor cells...
- The immunoglobulin gene loci in the teleost Gasterosteus aculeatusYonghua Bao
State Key Laboratory of Agrobiotechnology, College of Biological Sciences, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100193, PR China
Fish Shellfish Immunol 28:40-8. 2010..The IgH gene locus is arranged in a configuration of (V(n)-D-J-C(zeta)-D(3)-J(4)-C(mu)-C(delta))(3)-V(6)-D-J-C(zeta), which ..
- Identification of IGHCδ-BACH2 fusion transcripts resulting from cryptic chromosomal rearrangements of 14q32 with 6q15 in aggressive B-cell lymphoma/leukemiaSatoru Kobayashi
Department of Molecular Hematology and Oncology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyoto, Japan
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 50:207-16. 2011..Fluorescence in situ hybridization analysis using an IGH/MYC probe detected an IGH-MYC fusion signal on der(14) and IGH signal on del(6)...
- Prevalence and frequency of circulating t(14;18)-MBR translocation carrying cells in healthy individualsFrank Schüler
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Ernst Moritz Arndt University Greifswald, Sauerbruchstrasse, Greifswald, Germany
Int J Cancer 124:958-63. 2009..We determined the age dependent prevalence and frequency of BCL2/IgH rearrangements in 715 healthy individuals ranging from newborns to octo- and nonagenarians...
- Hydrogen peroxide modulates immunoglobulin expression by targeting the 3'Igh regulatory region through an NFκB-dependent mechanismEric J Romer
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Boonshoft School of Medicine, Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio 45435, USA
Free Radic Res 45:796-809. 2011..b>Igh transcription in B lymphocytes is an essential step in antibody production and is governed through a complex ..
- BIOMED-2 PCR assays for IGK gene rearrangements are essential for B-cell clonality analysis in follicular lymphomaKaren Payne
Department of Histopathology, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Cambridge, UK
Br J Haematol 155:84-92. 2011..All IGHV-IGHJ PCR failures occurred in cases with at least one mutation at the corresponding IGHV primer binding sites...
- Immunoglobulin Constant Region Switch and Hypermutation in the Nurse SharkEllen Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2012..This genetic exchange occurs somatically and between distantly located IgH genes;it resembles the H chain switch recombination that exists in mammals...
- Transcriptional Functions and Targets of the MMSET Protein of t(4:14) MyelomaJonathan Licht; Fiscal Year: 2013..based upon the characterization of consistent chromosomal translocations involving the immunoglobulin heavy chain (IgH). These translocations implicate particular genes in the pathogenesis of myeloma...
- Long-Range Genetic and Epigenetic Control of Igh Gene AssemblyEugene M Oltz; Fiscal Year: 2010..of recombinase targeting at Tcrb, little is known about the genetic and epigenetic mechanisms controlling Igh gene assembly, especially those that facilitate long-range rearrangement between VH gene segments and rearranged ..
- ACTIVATION INDUCED DEAMINASE (AID) INTERACTING PROTEINSMichel C Nussenzweig; Fiscal Year: 2011..M, Woo EM, Chait BT, San-Martin BR, Nussenzweig MC, McBride KM Amino Terminal Phosphorylation of Activation-Induced Cytidine Deaminase Suppresses c-myc-IgH translocation Mol Cell Biol 2010 Dec 6. [Epub ahead of print]
- HIV-driven B cell activation: role in the genesis of AIDS-related lymphomaOtoniel Martinez-Maza; Fiscal Year: 2013..Errors in IgH CSR and SHM can lead directly to oncogene mutations and/or translocations that result in ARL...
- Role of the BCR in B Cell Chronic Lymphocytic LeukemiaDiane F Jelinek; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, the somatic hypermutation (SHM) status of the IGHV gene in the leukemic cell BCR is now a validated and powerful prognostic factor...
- Inhibitors of IgH Gene Enhancers for the Treatment of Multiple MyelomaFRANK W MARCOUX; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have the ability to pharmacologically block the activity of IgH gene enhancers, which are the critical regulatory elements within the IgH locus, an effect that down-regulates MM ..
- Role Of Nuclear Organization In Protecting Genome Stability During RecombinationJANE AMANDA SKOK; Fiscal Year: 2013..dependent higher-order looping facilitates RAG-dependent association of homologous (Tcra) and heterologous (Tcra/Igh) antigen receptor alleles at the time of recombination...
- Live cell imaging of IgH and c-Myc gene loci and the role of nuclear organizationMark T Groudine; Fiscal Year: 2010..However, there also may be negative consequences to this organization. In stimulated B cells, the IgH and c-Myc loci often colocalize in shared transcription factories (sites of concentrated active RNA polymerase II), ..
- Duck Antibody Genes: Unusual Organization and ExpressionGregory Warr; Fiscal Year: 2007..class-switching, by transcription from I-exon promoters, been conserved in vertebrate evolution? 3) The mammalian IgH locus contains transcriptional enhancers in both the JH to mu intron and 3' of the C-gene cluster...
- Role of CTCF and Cohesin in V(D)J RearrangementAnn J Feeney; Fiscal Year: 2013..The IgH locus contains over 100 functional Vh genes spanning a 2.5 Mb region...
- TRANSCRIPTION OF IMMUNOGLOBULIN HEAVY CHAIN GENESKathryn Calame; Fiscal Year: 2001DESCRIPTION (Adapted from Investigator's abstract): Elucidating IgH transcriptional regulation is critical for understanding how the humoral immune response is controlled...
- Developmental Control of Enhancer FunctionMichael L Atchison; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, despite utilizing the same recombination machinery, the IgH and IgL loci are differentially accessible to the recombination machinery during early B cell development...
- Functional role of RAG2 H3K4me3 interaction in V(D)J recombinationMarjorie A Oettinger; Fiscal Year: 2013..Fourth, we ask whether rearrangement of other antigen receptor loci in addition to the IgH locus also require RAG2 recognition of H3K4me3 and what the consequences of a failure of RAG2 to bind H3K4me3 are on ..
- CELLULAR AND STRUCTURAL STUDIES OF MYELOMA MUTANTSBARBARA BIRSHTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The Igh locus undergoes massive changes in its DNA during B cell maturation, first at the 5'end of the locus via VDJ joining, and then downstream to involve Ch sequences in CSR...
- ACTIVATION OF BCL-2 IN HEMATOLOGIC MALIGNANCIESLinda M Boxer; Fiscal Year: 2012..We have investigated how the translocated bcl-2 gene is deregulated by the IgH locus and have identified regulatory sites in the bcl-2 promoter and in the 3'IgH enhancers...
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF IMMUNOGLOBULIN HEAVY CHAIN SWITCHJANET M STAVNEZER; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, translocations do occur between oncogenes and the IgH locus, and this can lead to B cell lymphomas...
- Modulation of Autoimmune Diabetes by N-acetyl-D-glucosamine Specific B cellsBRIAN L DIZON; Fiscal Year: 2010..STZ) treated WT C57BL/6 mice, and STZ-treated C57BL/6 mice transgenic for immunoglobulin'heavy chain (IgH Tg) associated with GlcNAc recognition...
- Somatic hypermutation and class switching in autoimmunityPaolo Casali; Fiscal Year: 2013..CSR replaces the expressed IgH constant (CH) region, e.g...
- A TRANSCRIPTION FACTOR WITHIN LIPID RAFTS MODULATES B CELL SIGNALING VIA THE BCRPhilip W Tucker; Fiscal Year: 2010..the immunoglobulin heavy chain (IgH) locus by binding to nuclear matrix attachment regions flanking the IgH intronic enhancer...
- Functional role of RAG2 H3K4me3 interaction in V(D)J recombinationMarjorie Oettinger; Fiscal Year: 2009..Fourth, we ask whether rearrangement of other antigen receptor loci in addition to the IgH locus also require RAG2 recognition of H3K4me3 and what the consequences of a failure of RAG2 to bind H3K4me3 are on ..
- Molecular Regulation of VH Gene Replacement in Human Immature B CellsZhixin Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2012..showed that the frequencies of VH replacement products are significantly elevated in autoimmune diseases and in IgH genes encoding anti-viral antibodies, suggesting an unrealized important function of VH replacement...
- Role of CTCF in V(D)J RearrangementSTEPHANIE CHRISTINE DEGNER; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, other factors involved in stage-specific looping of the Igh locus include Pax5, Ezh2, and Ikaros...
- Somatic Hypermutation in SLELawrence J Wysocki; Fiscal Year: 2013..In B6.Nba2 Tdt-/- Igh Igk mice, the absence of terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase (Tdt) enabled us to identify every somatic mutation, ..
- FUNCTION OF MATRIX ATTACHMENT REGIONS IN THE IG LOCIANN FEENEY; Fiscal Year: 2000..MARs have been studied in a few model loci, two of which are the IgH and Ig- kappa loci...
- MOLECULAR CYTOGENETIC OF DIFFUSE LARGE CELL LYMPHOMARaju Chaganti; Fiscal Year: 2000..Promiscuously rearranging chromosomal sites participate in recurring translocations involving the IGH gene as well as other chromosomal sites suggesting that the candidate genes at these sites may be deregulated either ..
- Activation of BCL-2 in Hematologic MalgnanciesLINDA BOXER; Fiscal Year: 2007..We have investigated how the translocated bcl-2 gene is deregulated by the IgH locus and have identified regulatory sites in the bcl-2 promoter and in the 3' IgH enhancers...
- MOLECULAR PATHOGENESIS OF PLASMA CELL NEOPLASMSPETER BERGSAGEL; Fiscal Year: 2001..establish a successful laboratory effort, initially focused on identifying and studying the genes dysregulated by IgH translocation in multiple myeloma...
- Gene Expression in Myeloma CellsLaurel A Eckhardt; Fiscal Year: 2010..Further study of the regulatory elements in the IgH locus, therefore, must be an essential component of any effort aimed at treating and/or preventing B-lineage cancers,..
- Regulation of IgH chain gene expression in B lymphocytesDorothy Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies should provide further insight into the longstanding enigma of dual receptor expression on B lymphocytes. ..
- MAPPING GENES LINKED TO AUTOIMMUNE THYROID DISEASESYaron Tomer; Fiscal Year: 2001..flanking the TSHR gene), 3) thyroid peroxidase (TPO) (marker TPO[+]), 4) thyroglobulin (Tg) (marker MYC), 5) IgH (marker IgH@), 6) IDDM-4 (marker FGF3), and 7) IDDM-5 (marker ESR)...
- MOUSE MODEL OF IGA DEFICIENCY USING GENE TARGETINGGregory Harriman; Fiscal Year: 1993..Embryonic stem cells derived from the murine strain 129 (agouti coat color) will have the Igh alpha constant region exons deleted using homologous recombination techniques...
- Polysaccharide Antibody RepertoiresAlexander H Lucas; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our in vitro studies indicate that IgH allelic polymorphisms can dramatically influence PS Ab function...
- Exploring the Mechanisms of 53BP1-driven Immune Deficiency and DNA RepairPHILLIP CARPENTER; Fiscal Year: 2009..phase" of class switch recombination (CSR), a NHEJ-like mechanism specific to the immunoglobulin heavy chain (IgH) locus of lymphoid B cells...
- Marginal Zone B Cell RepertoireAnn J Feeney; Fiscal Year: 2010..Due to the similarity in the selective preferences for N- IgH sequences and also for lambda light chains between the transitional T1 compartment and MZ B cells in the bone marrow ..