Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IGFBP2
Description: insulin like growth factor binding protein 2
Alias: IBP2, IGF-BP53, insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 2, IGF-binding protein 2, insulin-like growth factor binding protein 2, 36kDa
- Miyake H, Hara I, Yamanaka K, Muramaki M, Gleave M, Eto H. Introduction of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 gene into human bladder cancer cells enhances their metastatic potential. Oncol Rep. 2005;13:341-5 pubmed..These findings suggest that overexpression of IGFBP-2 induces an increase in MMP-2 production, resulting in the enhanced metastatic potential of bladder cancer. ..
- Dunlap S, Celestino J, Wang H, Jiang R, Holland E, Fuller G, et al. Insulin-like growth factor binding protein 2 promotes glioma development and progression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:11736-41 pubmedOverexpression of insulin-like growth factor binding protein 2 (IGFBP2) is associated with progression in many types of human cancer...
- Kricker J, Towne C, Firth S, Herington A, Upton Z. Structural and functional evidence for the interaction of insulin-like growth factors (IGFs) and IGF binding proteins with vitronectin. Endocrinology. 2003;144:2807-15 pubmed..Together, these data indicate the importance of IGFBPs in modulating IGF-I binding to VN and that this binding has functional consequences in cells. ..
- Grarup N, Rose C, Andersson E, Andersen G, Nielsen A, Albrechtsen A, et al. Studies of association of variants near the HHEX, CDKN2A/B, and IGF2BP2 genes with type 2 diabetes and impaired insulin release in 10,705 Danish subjects: validation and extension of genome-wide association studies. Diabetes. 2007;56:3105-11 pubmed publisher
- Kühnl A, Kaiser M, Neumann M, Fransecky L, Heesch S, Radmacher M, et al. High expression of IGFBP2 is associated with chemoresistance in adult acute myeloid leukemia. Leuk Res. 2011;35:1585-90 pubmed publisher..Here, we evaluated IGFBP2 mRNA expression and its prognostic implications in 99 adult acute myeloid leukemia (AML) patients by quantitative ..
- Holmes K, Annala M, Chua C, Dunlap S, Liu Y, Hugen N, et al. Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 2-driven glioma progression is prevented by blocking a clinically significant integrin, integrin-linked kinase, and NF-?B network. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:3475-80 pubmed publisherInsulin-like growth factor-binding protein 2 (IGFBP2) is increasingly recognized as a glioma oncogene, emerging as a target for therapeutic intervention...
- Rajaram S, Baylink D, Mohan S. Insulin-like growth factor-binding proteins in serum and other biological fluids: regulation and functions. Endocr Rev. 1997;18:801-31 pubmed
- Ben Shmuel A, Shvab A, Gavert N, Brabletz T, Ben Ze ev A. Global analysis of L1-transcriptomes identified IGFBP-2 as a target of ezrin and NF-?B signaling that promotes colon cancer progression. Oncogene. 2013;32:3220-30 pubmed publisher..Finally, we found that IGFBP-2 and L1 can form a molecular complex suggesting that L1-mediated signaling by the L1-ezrin-NF-?B pathway, that induces IGFBP-2 expression, has an important role in CRC progression. ..
- Kitszel A, Krawczuk Rybak M. Are elevated serum levels of IGFBP-2 after intensive chemotherapy of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia a risk factor of relapse?. Adv Med Sci. 2007;52:147-53 pubmed..The negative correlation between values of hemoglobin and IGFBP-2 observed at diagnosis might further suggest the involvement of this protein in the process of leukemogenesis in children. ..
- Clemmons D, Snyder D, Busby W. Variables controlling the secretion of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 in normal human subjects. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1991;73:727-33 pubmed..These findings suggest that plasma IGFBP-2 levels are more stable than IGFBP-1, and therefore IGFBP-2 may serve as a larger reservior that is available for IGF transport. ..
- Kibbey M, Jameson M, Eaton E, Rosenzweig S. Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2: contributions of the C-terminal domain to insulin-like growth factor-1 binding. Mol Pharmacol. 2006;69:833-45 pubmed..These results confirm that regions upstream and downstream of the CWCV motif participate in IGF-1 binding. They further support the development of full-length IGFBP-2 as a cancer therapeutic. ..
- Fukushima T, Tezuka T, Shimomura T, Nakano S, Kataoka H. Silencing of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-2 in human glioblastoma cells reduces both invasiveness and expression of progression-associated gene CD24. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:18634-44 pubmed..These results indicate that CD24 is modulated by IGFBP-2 and contributes to IGFBP-2-enhanced invasiveness of GBM cells. ..
- Wang H, Arun B, Wang H, Fuller G, Zhang W, Middleton L, et al. IGFBP2 and IGFBP5 overexpression correlates with the lymph node metastasis in T1 breast carcinomas. Breast J. 2008;14:261-7 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of IGFBP2 and IGFBP5 contributes to the invasiveness and progression of several human cancers, but their roles in the ..
- Becher O, Peterson K, Khatua S, Santi M, Macdonald T. IGFBP2 is overexpressed by pediatric malignant astrocytomas and induces the repair enzyme DNA-PK. J Child Neurol. 2008;23:1205-13 pubmed publisher..DNA-PKcs is also highly overexpressed by high-grade astrocytomas. These findings suggest insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-2 plays a role in astrocytoma progression by promoting DNA-damage repair and therapeutic resistance. ..
- So A, Levitt R, Eigl B, Fazli L, Muramaki M, Leung S, et al. Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 is a novel therapeutic target associated with breast cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:6944-54 pubmed publisher..This study provides evidence that IGFBP-2 expression is associated with breast cancer. Novel therapeutics targeting IGFBP-2, such as OGX-225, merit further evaluation. ..
- Grimberg A, Coleman C, Shi Z, Burns T, Maclachlan T, Wang W, et al. Insulin-like growth factor factor binding protein-2 is a novel mediator of p53 inhibition of insulin-like growth factor signaling. Cancer Biol Ther. 2006;5:1408-14 pubmed..This has significant implications for how growth hormone and IGF-I can induce growth without also inducing cancer. ..
- Garner C, Ding Y, John E, Ingles S, Olopade O, Huo D, et al. Genetic variation in IGFBP2 and IGFBP5 is associated with breast cancer in populations of African descent. Hum Genet. 2008;123:247-55 pubmed publisher..We found significant associations at a locus encompassing parts of the IGFBP2 and IGFBP5 genes on chromosome 2q35, which we then replicated in a case-control study of Nigerian women...
- Bartling B, Koch A, Simm A, Scheubel R, Silber R, Santos A. Insulin-like growth factor binding proteins-2 and -4 enhance the migration of human CD34-/CD133+ hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells. Int J Mol Med. 2010;25:89-96 pubmed
- Lancaster J, Sayer R, Blanchette C, Calingaert B, Konidari I, Gray J, et al. High expression of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 messenger RNA in epithelial ovarian cancers produces elevated preoperative serum levels. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2006;16:1529-35 pubmed..Further, IGFBP-2 may represent an additional serum biomarker with utility in detection and monitoring of epithelial ovarian cancer. ..
- Wang G, Hu L, Fuller G, Zhang W. An interaction between insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 2 (IGFBP2) and integrin alpha5 is essential for IGFBP2-induced cell mobility. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:14085-91 pubmedIn the study we report here, we tested the hypothesis that insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 2 (IGFBP2) promotes cell mobility through its interaction with integrin alpha5...
- Ambrosini Spaltro A, Farnedi A, Montironi R, Foschini M. IGFBP2 as an immunohistochemical marker for prostatic adenocarcinoma. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2011;19:318-28 pubmed publisher..of the study was to evaluate the immunohistochemical expression of insulin-like growth factor binding protein 2 (IGFBP2) in normal epithelium, high-grade prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia (HG-PIN), and prostatic adenocarcinoma (PAc),..
- Wang H, Wang H, Shen W, Huang H, Hu L, Ramdas L, et al. Insulin-like growth factor binding protein 2 enhances glioblastoma invasion by activating invasion-enhancing genes. Cancer Res. 2003;63:4315-21 pubmed..gliomas with different grades revealed frequent overexpression of insulin-like growth factor binding protein 2 (IGFBP2) in glioblastoma (GBM), the most advanced stage of glioma...
- Moore M, Wetterau L, Francis M, Peehl D, Cohen P. Novel stimulatory role for insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 in prostate cancer cells. Int J Cancer. 2003;105:14-9 pubmed
- Zhang Y, Ying X, Han S, Wang J, Zhou X, Bai E, et al. Autoantibodies against insulin-like growth factor?binding protein-2 as a serological biomarker in the diagnosis of lung cancer. Int J Oncol. 2013;42:93-100 pubmed publisher..7% and a specificity of 57.5%. In conclusion, this study demonstrates that circulating anti-IGFBP-2 autoantibodies can be used as a potential biomarker in diagnosing lung cancer. ..
- Foulstone E, Zeng L, Perks C, Holly J. Insulin-like growth factor binding protein 2 (IGFBP-2) promotes growth and survival of breast epithelial cells: novel regulation of the estrogen receptor. Endocrinology. 2013;154:1780-93 pubmed publisher..IGFBP-2 not only modulates IGFs and directly regulates PTEN but also has a role in maintaining ER-? expression. ..
- Frommer K, Reichenmiller K, Schutt B, Hoeflich A, Ranke M, Dodt G, et al. IGF-independent effects of IGFBP-2 on the human breast cancer cell line Hs578T. J Mol Endocrinol. 2006;37:13-23 pubmed..Our results suggest that IGFBP-2-induced gene expressions are of functional significance for proliferation, cell adhesion, cell migration and apoptosis, and showed that IGFBP-2 can promote apoptosis in tumor cells independent of IGF. ..
- Hsieh D, Hsieh A, Stea B, Ellsworth R. IGFBP2 promotes glioma tumor stem cell expansion and survival. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;397:367-72 pubmed publisherb>IGFBP2 is overexpressed in the most common brain tumor, glioblastoma (GBM), and its expression is inversely correlated to GBM patient survival...
- Mehrian Shai R, Chen C, Shi T, Horvath S, Nelson S, Reichardt J, et al. Insulin growth factor-binding protein 2 is a candidate biomarker for PTEN status and PI3K/Akt pathway activation in glioblastoma and prostate cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:5563-8 pubmed..In addition, Akt-driven transformation is impaired in IGFBP2(-/-) mouse embryo fibroblasts, implicating a functional role for IGFBP-2 in PTEN signaling...
- Kumarasinghe I, Woster P. Cyclic peptide inhibitors of lysine-specific demethylase 1 with improved potency identified by alanine scanning mutagenesis. Eur J Med Chem. 2018;148:210-220 pubmed publisher..In addition, 16, 27 and 28 promoted significant increases in H3K4me2 levels at the promoter sites of the genes IGFBP2 and FEZ1...
- Benedetti F, Poletti S, Hoogenboezem T, Mazza E, Ambrée O, de Wit H, et al. Inflammatory cytokines influence measures of white matter integrity in Bipolar Disorder. J Affect Disord. 2016;202:1-9 pubmed publisher..The inflammation-related cytokines TNF-α, IL-8, IFN-γ and IL-10, and the growth factors IGFBP2 and PDGF-BB, shared the same significant associations with lower FA, and higher MD and RD, in large overlapping ..
- Kiess W, Klammt J, Hänze J, Blum W, Berthold A, Seidel B, et al. Evidence against a direct effect of leptin on insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I), IGFBP-2 and IGF-I receptor expression in human SK-N-MC neuroepithelioma cells. Regul Pept. 2005;130:35-41 pubmed..We hypothesize that leptin and the IGF system do not interact directly in a cell culture model of neuroepithelioma cells. ..
- Hu Q, Huang L, Kuang X, Zhang H, Ling G, Chen X, et al. Is insulin-like growth factor binding protein 2 associated with metastasis in lung cancer?. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2014;31:535-41 pubmed publisherInsulin-like growth factor binding protein 2 (IGFBP2) is involved in the progression of many epithelial cancers. However, its role in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), another type of epithelial cancer, remains unclear...
- Yuan Z, Cao Y, Li Z. IGFBP2 induces SPRY1 expression via NF-?B signaling pathway in glioblastoma multiforme (GBM). Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2017;21:5072-5080 pubmed publisher..miR-21 enhances the resistance of human glioma cells to BCNU by decreasing the expression of Spry2 protein. Thus, Spry2 may be a novel therapeutic target for treating glioma BCNU-resistance. ..
- Naishiro Y, Yamada T, Idogawa M, Honda K, Takada M, Kondo T, et al. Morphological and transcriptional responses of untransformed intestinal epithelial cells to an oncogenic beta-catenin protein. Oncogene. 2005;24:3141-53 pubmed..and Itab6; and molecules involved in the insulin and insulin-like growth factor (IGF) signaling pathways, Enpp1, Igfbp2, and Sgk...
- Ã–rd T, Ã–rd D, Adler P, Vilo J, Ã–rd T. TRIB3 enhances cell viability during glucose deprivation in HEK293-derived cells by upregulating IGFBP2, a novel nutrient deficiency survival factor. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1853:2492-505 pubmed publisher..The gene most substantially upregulated by TRIB3 is insulin-like growth factor binding protein 2 (IGFBP2)...
- Ho P, Baxter R. Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-2 in patients with prostate carcinoma and benign prostatic hyperplasia. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 1997;46:333-42 pubmed..Although serum IGFBP-2 is less sensitive than prostate-specific antigen in prostate carcinoma it may have adjunctive value in its management. ..
- Sunderić M, Đukanović B, Malenković V, Nedić O. Molecular forms of the insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-2 in patients with colorectal cancer. Exp Mol Pathol. 2014;96:48-53 pubmed publisher..It also seems that posttranslational modifications are more important factors in determining the amount of IGFBP-2/?2M complexes than the actual quantity of these two proteins. ..
- Lin K, Liao A, Qutub A. Simulation predicts IGFBP2-HIF1α interaction drives glioblastoma growth. PLoS Comput Biol. 2015;11:e1004169 pubmed publisher..Results of the model suggest a novel observation: feedback from IGFBP2 to HIF1α is integral to the sustained growth of glioblastoma...
- Izumi K, Kellogg E, Fujiki K, Kaur M, Tilton R, Noon S, et al. Elevation of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 level in Pallister-Killian syndrome: implications for the postnatal growth retardation phenotype. Am J Med Genet A. 2015;167:1268-74 pubmed publisher..from PKS probands have significantly elevated expression of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 (IGFBP2)...
- Hur H, Yu E, Ham I, Jin H, Lee D. Preoperative serum levels of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 2 predict prognosis of gastric cancer patients. Oncotarget. 2017;8:10994-11003 pubmed publisherIt has been reported that serum insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 2 (IGFBP2) levels are elevated in various types of cancers...
- Yan X, Tian Y, Wang C, Wang X, Di J, Cheng J. [The expressions and clinical significance of IGFBP-2, -3 in both serum and tumor tissues in patients with epithelial ovarian cancer]. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2009;40:639-43 pubmed
- Zhao Y, Yin P, Bach L, Duan C. Several acidic amino acids in the N-domain of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-5 are important for its transactivation activity. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:14184-91 pubmed..Taken together, our results indicate that there are several conserved residues in the IGFBP-5 N-terminal region that are critical for transactivation and that IGFBP-2 and -3 also have strong transactivation activity in their N-domains. ..
- Jung S, Lee Y, Kim G, Son H, Lee D, Roh G, et al. Decreased expression of extracellular matrix proteins and trophic factors in the amygdala complex of depressed mice after chronic immobilization stress. BMC Neurosci. 2012;13:58 pubmed publisher..osteoglycin, fibromodulin, insulin-like growth factor 2 (Igf2), and insulin-like growth factor binding protein 2 (Igfbp2) were further analyzed for histological expression changes...
- Yao X, Sun S, Zhou X, Guo W, Zhang L. IGF-binding protein 2 is a candidate target of therapeutic potential in cancer. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:1451-9 pubmed publisherInsulin-like growth factor (IGF)-binding protein 2(IGFBP2), a key member of IGF family, has been reported as a notable oncogene in most human epithelium cancers...
- Minchenko D, Kharkova A, Karbovskyi L, Minchenko O. Expression of insulin-like growth factor binding protein genes and its hypoxic regulation in U87 glioma cells depends on ERN1 mediated signaling pathway of endoplasmic reticulum stress. Endocr Regul. 2015;49:73-83 pubmed..was to examine the association between the expression of insulin-like growth binding protein-1 and -2 (IGFBP1 and IGFBP2), insulin-like growth factor 2 mRNA binding protein 3/KH domain containing protein over-expressed in cancer (..
- Binkert C, Landwehr J, Mary J, Schwander J, Heinrich G. Cloning, sequence analysis and expression of a cDNA encoding a novel insulin-like growth factor binding protein (IGFBP-2). EMBO J. 1989;8:2497-502 pubmed..Southern blot analysis of human DNA demonstrates that IGFBP-2 is encoded by a single-copy gene, different from that of IGFBP-1. ..
- Phillips L, Zhou X, Cogdell D, Chua C, Huisinga A, R Hess K, et al. Glioma progression is mediated by an addiction to aberrant IGFBP2 expression and can be blocked using anti-IGFBP2 strategies. J Pathol. 2016;239:355-64 pubmed publisherInsulin-like growth factor binding protein 2 (IGFBP2) overexpression is common in high-grade glioma and is both a strong biomarker of aggressive behaviour and a well-documented prognostic factor...
- Shi Z, Henwood M, Bannerman P, Batista D, Horvath A, Guttenberg M, et al. Primary pigmented nodular adrenocortical disease reveals insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 regulation by protein kinase A. Growth Horm IGF Res. 2007;17:113-21 pubmed..IGFBP-2 expression is increased in PPNAD caused by PRKAR1A mutations, and in adrenocortical cancer cells. This is the first evidence for PKA-dependent regulation of IGFBP-2 expression in adrenocortical cells. ..
- Siqueira M, Francis D, Gisbert D, Gomes F, Stipursky J. Radial Glia Cells Control Angiogenesis in the Developing Cerebral Cortex Through TGF-β1 Signaling. Mol Neurobiol. 2018;55:3660-3675 pubmed publisher..Proteome profile of RG-CM identified angiogenesis-related molecules IGFBP2/3, osteopontin, endostatin, SDF1, fractalkine, TIMP1/4, Ang-1, pentraxin3, and Cyr61, some of them modulated by ..
- Fukushima T, Kataoka H. Roles of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 (IGFBP-2) in glioblastoma. Anticancer Res. 2007;27:3685-92 pubmed..However, it remains unclear how IGFBP-2 is involved in the malignant features of GBM. This review outlines the IGF-dependent and -independent functions of IGFBP-2 and focuses on the roles of IGFBP-2 in the progression of GBM. ..
- Park S, Kim K, Kim J. The Role of Insulin-Like Growth Factor Binding Protein 2 (IGFBP2) in the Regulation of Corneal Fibroblast Differentiation. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2015;56:7293-302 pubmed publisher..This study is designed to investigate the roles of insulin-like growth factor binding protein 2 (IGFBP2) for the regulation of corneal fibroblast differentiation as a newly unveiled component of KCM...
- Ding H, Kharboutli M, Saxena R, Wu T. Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 as a novel biomarker for disease activity and renal pathology changes in lupus nephritis. Clin Exp Immunol. 2016;184:11-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, serum IGFBP-2 is a promising biomarker for lupus nephritis, reflective of disease activity and chronicity changes in renal pathology. ..
- Narayanan R, Fu B, Oliver R, Siddals K, Donn R, Hudson J, et al. Insulin-like growth factor-II and insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 prospectively predict longitudinal elevation of HDL-cholesterol in type 2 diabetes. Ann Clin Biochem. 2014;51:468-75 pubmed publisher..Our analyses based on 'real world' data demonstrate that higher baseline IGF-II and IGFBP-2 predict increased HDL concentration over time, implicating IGF-II in modulation of circulating HDL-cholesterol concentrations. ..
- Ehrenborg E, Vilhelmsdotter S, Bajalica S, Larsson C, Stern I, Koch J, et al. Structure and localization of the human insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 2 gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;176:1250-5 pubmed..The human IGFBP2 gene was studied and shown to be localized to chromosome 2 region q33-q34, by somatic cell hybrid analysis and in ..
- Li X, Liu X, Zhang L, Li C, Zhang E, Ma W, et al. Insulin growth factor binding protein 2 mediates the progression of lymphangioleiomyomatosis. Oncotarget. 2017;8:36628-36638 pubmed publisher..Insulin-like growth factor binding protein 2 (IGFBP2) binds insulin, IGF1 and IGF2 in circulation, thereby modulating cell survival, migration, and invasion in ..
- Hernandez B, Wilkens L, Le Marchand L, Horio D, Chong C, Loo L. Differences in IGF-axis protein expression and survival among multiethnic breast cancer patients. Cancer Med. 2015;4:354-62 pubmed publisher..We examined the expression profiles of the IGF1, IGF1R, IGFBP2 (IGF-binding proteins), and IGFBP3 proteins in breast tumor tissue and their relationships with all-cause and ..
- Cauchi S, Proenca C, Choquet H, Gaget S, De Graeve F, Marre M, et al. Analysis of novel risk loci for type 2 diabetes in a general French population: the D.E.S.I.R. study. J Mol Med (Berl). 2008;86:341-8 pubmed publisher..within 14 loci showing nominal to strong association with T2D in recently published GWA analyses (CDKAL1, IGFBP2, CDKN2A/2B, EXT2, HHEX, LOC646279, SLC30A8, MMP26, KCTD12, LDLR, CAMTA1, LOC38776, NGN3 and CXCR4)...
- Guo C, Lu H, Gao W, Wang L, Lu K, Wu S, et al. Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 level is increased in blood of lung cancer patients and associated with poor survival. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74973 pubmed publisherWe recently showed that IGFBP2 is overexpressed in primary lung cancer tissues. This study aims to determine whether IGFBP2 is elevated in blood samples of lung cancer patients and whether its level is associated with clinical outcomes...
- Scrideli C, Carlotti C, Mata J, Neder L, Machado H, Oba Sinjo S, et al. Prognostic significance of co-overexpression of the EGFR/IGFBP-2/HIF-2A genes in astrocytomas. J Neurooncol. 2007;83:233-9 pubmed..These data support the existence of a common pathway involving these genes that could contribute to the design of new target treatments. ..
- Birmann B, Tamimi R, Giovannucci E, Rosner B, Hunter D, Kraft P, et al. Insulin-like growth factor-1- and interleukin-6-related gene variation and risk of multiple myeloma. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2009;18:282-8 pubmed publisher..Nonetheless, the data are consistent with the hypothesis that IGF-1- and IL-6-related gene variation influences susceptibility to multiple myeloma and warrant confirmation in larger populations. ..
- Shi L, Zhu X, Zhao G, Xia Y, Zhang Y. Expression of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 in gastric carcinoma and its relationship with cell proliferation. World J Gastroenterol. 2006;12:6285-9 pubmed..01). There was a positive correlation between IGFBP-2 and Ki-67 (P < 0.05). IGFBP-2 may be involved in carcino-genesis and progression of gastric carcinoma by promoting cell proliferation. ..
- Krassas G, Pontikides N, Kaltsas T, Dumas A, Frystyk J, Chen J, et al. Free and total insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I, -II, and IGF binding protein-1, -2, and -3 serum levels in patients with active thyroid eye disease. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003;88:132-5 pubmed..The increased IGF levels in retrobulbar tissues previously described, appear to be independent of serum IGFs concentration and probably represent autocrine and/or paracrine activity. ..
- Zapf J, Kiefer M, Merryweather J, Musiarz F, Bauer D, Born W, et al. Isolation from adult human serum of four insulin-like growth factor (IGF) binding proteins and molecular cloning of one of them that is increased by IGF I administration and in extrapancreatic tumor hypoglycemia. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:14892-8 pubmed..It is likely that the different IGFBPs modulate auto-/paracrine and endocrine effects of IGFs on growth and metabolism in a different and specific manner. ..
- Hertel J, Johansson S, Raeder H, Midthjell K, Lyssenko V, Groop L, et al. Genetic analysis of recently identified type 2 diabetes loci in 1,638 unselected patients with type 2 diabetes and 1,858 control participants from a Norwegian population-based cohort (the HUNT study). Diabetologia. 2008;51:971-7 pubmed publisher..We genotyped single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in PKN2, IGFBP2, FLJ39370 (also known as C4ORF32), CDKAL1, SLC30A8, CDKN2B, HHEX and FTO using a Norwegian population-based sample ..
- Huang L, Cohen A, Colman H, Jensen R, Fults D, Couldwell W. IGFBP2 expression predicts IDH-mutant glioma patient survival. Oncotarget. 2017;8:191-202 pubmed publisher..and decreased expression of oncogenes(AKT2, ARAF, ERBB2, FGFR3, and PDGFRB) and glioma progression genes (FOXM1, IGFBP2, and WWTR1) compared with IDH-wildtype gliomas...
- Yoneyama T, Ohtsuki S, Honda K, Kobayashi M, Iwasaki M, Uchida Y, et al. Identification of IGFBP2 and IGFBP3 As Compensatory Biomarkers for CA19-9 in Early-Stage Pancreatic Cancer Using a Combination of Antibody-Based and LC-MS/MS-Based Proteomics. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0161009 pubmed publisher..IGFBP)2 and IGFBP3 have the ability to discriminate IDACP patients at an early stage from healthy controls, and IGFBP2 appeared to be increased in risk diseases of pancreatic malignancy, such as intraductal papillary mucinous ..
- Sato H, Yazawa T, Suzuki T, Shimoyamada H, Okudela K, Ikeda M, et al. Growth regulation via insulin-like growth factor binding protein-4 and -2 in association with mutant K-ras in lung epithelia. Am J Pathol. 2006;169:1550-66 pubmed..Moreover, this growth regulation is disrupted in lung cancers because of promoter hypermethylation of IGFBP-4/2 genes. ..
- Such SanmartÃn G, Bache N, Callesen A, Rogowska Wrzesinska A, Jensen O. Targeted mass spectrometry analysis of the proteins IGF1, IGF2, IBP2, IBP3 and A2GL by blood protein precipitation. J Proteomics. 2015;113:29-37 pubmed publisher..The blood proteins IGF1, IGF2, IBP2, IBP3 and A2GL have been proposed as indirect biomarkers for detection of GH administration and as putative ..
- Wong M, Fong C, Yang M. Biosensor measurement of the interaction kinetics between insulin-like growth factors and their binding proteins. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1432:293-301 pubmed..The systematic study enables a direct comparison on the IGF-binding properties among the various IGFBPs, and the kinetic data provide additional information to delineate the physiological role of different IGFBPs in vivo. ..
- Lee S, Kim S, Chae H, Kim C, Kang B. Influence of vascular endothelial growth factor on the expression of insulin-like growth factor-II, insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 and 5 in human luteinized granulosa cells. Gynecol Endocrinol. 2012;28:917-20 pubmed publisher..There were no statistically significant differences in the expression of IGFBP-2 mRNA among all the groups. VEGF may play a regulator role in human ovarian physiology by modulating the expression of IGF-II and IGFBP-5 in LGCs. ..
- Zhou J, Bondy C. Anatomy of the human ovarian insulin-like growth factor system. Biol Reprod. 1993;48:467-82 pubmed..b>IGFBP2 mRNA was abundant in GC and thecal cells at all stages of development...
- Nedić O, Robajac D, Sunderić M, Miljuš G, Đukanović B, Malenković V. Detection and identification of oxidized insulin-like growth factor-binding proteins and receptors in patients with colorectal carcinoma. Free Radic Biol Med. 2013;65:1195-1200 pubmed publisher..IGFs bound to IGFBP-3 remain in the circulation, whereas those bound to IGFBP-2 freely reach target tissues. Therefore, oxidation supports IGF distribution toward tissues and, consequently, promotes tumor growth. ..
- Huang Y, Cheng W, Wu Y, Cheng Y, Hsu K, Chou C. Circulating IGF system and treatment outcome in epithelial ovarian cancer. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2014;21:217-29 pubmed publisher..Preoperative serum levels of total IGF1, IGF2, IGF-binding protein 2 (IGFBP2), and IGFBP3 were analyzed using an ELISA and were then converted into an IGF1:IGFBP3 molar ratio...
- Carter S, Li Z, Lemieux I, AlmÃ©ras N, Tremblay A, Bergeron J, et al. Circulating IGFBP-2 levels are incrementally linked to correlates of the metabolic syndrome and independently associated with VLDL triglycerides. Atherosclerosis. 2014;237:645-51 pubmed publisher..This study supports further investigations in other populations and validation of IGFBP-2 as a biomarker of early dyslipidemia. ..