Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IGFBP1
Description: insulin like growth factor binding protein 1
Alias: AFBP, IBP1, IGF-BP25, PP12, hIGFBP-1, insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1, IBP-1, IGF-binding protein 1, IGFBP-1, alpha-pregnancy-associated endometrial globulin, amniotic fluid binding protein, binding protein-25, binding protein-26, binding protein-28, growth hormone independent-binding protein, placental protein 12
Publications108 found, 100 shown here
- Liew C, Wise S, Yeo K, Lee K. Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 is independently affected by ethnicity, insulin sensitivity, and leptin in healthy, glucose-tolerant young men. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005;90:1483-8 pubmed..The presence of relative insulin resistance and low fasting IGFBP-1 levels in Asian Indians may contribute to their higher risk of developing diabetes and cardiovascular disease. ..
- Canzian F, McKay J, Cleveland R, Dossus L, Biessy C, Rinaldi S, et al. Polymorphisms of genes coding for insulin-like growth factor 1 and its major binding proteins, circulating levels of IGF-I and IGFBP-3 and breast cancer risk: results from the EPIC study. Br J Cancer. 2006;94:299-307 pubmed..We genotyped 23 common single nucleotide polymorphisms in IGF1, IGFBP1, IGFBP3 and IGFALS, and measured serum levels of IGF-I and IGFBP-3 in samples of cases and controls...
- Kaplan R, McGinn A, Pollak M, Kuller L, Strickler H, Rohan T, et al. High insulinlike growth factor binding protein 1 level predicts incident congestive heart failure in the elderly. Am Heart J. 2008;155:1006-12 pubmed publisher..5 and 35.8 ng/mL). Total IGF-I, IGFBP-3, or insulin levels had no association with CHF after adjustment for CHF risk factors. High circulating IGFBP-1 level may be a CHF risk factor among older adults. ..
- Patel A, Cheng I, Canzian F, Le Marchand L, Thun M, Berg C, et al. IGF-1, IGFBP-1, and IGFBP-3 polymorphisms predict circulating IGF levels but not breast cancer risk: findings from the Breast and Prostate Cancer Cohort Consortium (BPC3). PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2578 pubmed publisher..We comprehensively examined the association between common genetic variation in the IGF1, IGFBP1, and IGFBP3 genes in relation to circulating IGF-I and IGFBP-3 levels and breast cancer risk within the NCI Breast ..
- Birmann B, Tamimi R, Giovannucci E, Rosner B, Hunter D, Kraft P, et al. Insulin-like growth factor-1- and interleukin-6-related gene variation and risk of multiple myeloma. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2009;18:282-8 pubmed publisher..Nonetheless, the data are consistent with the hypothesis that IGF-1- and IL-6-related gene variation influences susceptibility to multiple myeloma and warrant confirmation in larger populations. ..
- Terry K, Tworoger S, Gates M, Cramer D, Hankinson S. Common genetic variation in IGF1, IGFBP1 and IGFBP3 and ovarian cancer risk. Carcinogenesis. 2009;30:2042-6 pubmed publisher..We evaluated genetic variation in the IGF1, IGFBP1 and IGFBP3 genes in relation to ovarian cancer risk by genotyping 29 haplotype-tagging single nucleotide ..
- Mellbin L, Ryden L, Brismar K, Morgenthaler N, Ohrvik J, Catrina S. Copeptin, IGFBP-1, and cardiovascular prognosis in patients with type 2 diabetes and acute myocardial infarction: a report from the DIGAMI 2 trial. Diabetes Care. 2010;33:1604-6 pubmed publisher..Copeptin may be a pathogenic factor to address to improve outcome in these patients. ..
- McGrath M, Lee I, Buring J, De Vivo I. Common genetic variation within IGFI, IGFII, IGFBP-1, and IGFBP-3 and endometrial cancer risk. Gynecol Oncol. 2011;120:174-8 pubmed publisher..98). However, we did not observe any statistically significant associations with the polymorphisms in IGFI and IGFBP1 and endometrial cancer risk...
- Gokulakrishnan K, Velmurugan K, Ganesan S, Mohan V. Circulating levels of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 in relation to insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes mellitus, and metabolic syndrome (Chennai Urban Rural Epidemiology Study 118). Metabolism. 2012;61:43-6 pubmed publisher..942; 95% confidence interval, 0.914-0.971; P < .001). Among Asian Indians, lower levels of circulating IGFBP-1 are seen in subjects with IR, T2DM, and MS. ..
- Leu J, Crissey M, Craig L, Taub R. Impaired hepatocyte DNA synthetic response posthepatectomy in insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1-deficient mice with defects in C/EBP beta and mitogen-activated protein kinase/extracellular signal-regulated kinase regulation. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:1251-9 pubmed..These findings are the first demonstration of the involvement of IGFBP-1 in the regulation of in vivo mitogenic signaling pathways. ..
- Cheng I, Penney K, Stram D, Le Marchand L, Giorgi E, Haiman C, et al. Haplotype-based association studies of IGFBP1 and IGFBP3 with prostate and breast cancer risk: the multiethnic cohort. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2006;15:1993-7 pubmed..To examine whether inherited differences in the IGFBP1 and IGFBP3 genes influence prostate and breast cancer susceptibility, we conducted two large population-based ..
- Rajwani A, Ezzat V, Smith J, Yuldasheva N, Duncan E, Gage M, et al. Increasing circulating IGFBP1 levels improves insulin sensitivity, promotes nitric oxide production, lowers blood pressure, and protects against atherosclerosis. Diabetes. 2012;61:915-24 pubmed publisherLow concentrations of insulin-like growth factor (IGF) binding protein-1 (IGFBP1) are associated with insulin resistance, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease...
- Otti G, Saleh L, Velicky P, Fiala C, Pollheimer J, KnÃ¶fler M. Notch2 controls prolactin and insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 expression in decidualizing human stromal cells of early pregnancy. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e112723 pubmed publisher..and mRNA expression of the decidual marker genes prolactin (PRL) and insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 (IGFBP1)...
- Chiofalo B, LaganÃ A, Palmara V, Granese R, Corrado G, Mancini E, et al. Fasting as possible complementary approach for polycystic ovary syndrome: Hope or hype?. Med Hypotheses. 2017;105:1-3 pubmed publisher..in the circulating levels of Insulin Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1), Insulin-like Growth Factor-Binding Protein 1 (IGFBP1), glucose and insulin are typical effects of fasting which may play a key role on aging and metabolic homeostasis...
- Wei M, Gao Y, Lu B, Jiao Y, Liu X, Cui B, et al. FKBP51 regulates decidualization through Ser473 dephosphorylation of AKT. Reproduction. 2018;155:283-295 pubmed publisher..The Western blot and RT-PCR results showed that FKBP51, insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1 (IGFBP1) and prolactin (PRL) expression increased in ESCs treated with MPA + cAMP; meanwhile, the level of p-Ser473 ..
- Yang J, Zhang Y, Tong J, Lv H, Zhang C, Chen Z. Dysfunction of DNA damage-inducible transcript 4 in the decidua is relevant to the pathogenesis of preeclampsia. Biol Reprod. 2018;98:821-833 pubmed publisher..reduction in the transcription of decidualization markers, insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 (IGFBP1) and prolactin (PRL)...
- Arnoldo L, Sgarra R, Chiefari E, Iiritano S, Arcidiacono B, Pegoraro S, et al. A novel mechanism of post-translational modulation of HMGA functions by the histone chaperone nucleophosmin. Sci Rep. 2015;5:8552 pubmed publisher..is directly regulated by HMGA1, the Insulin receptor (INSR) and the Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1 (IGFBP1) genes, we demonstrated that occupancy of their promoters by HMGA1 was NPM1-dependent, reflecting a mechanism in ..
- Beiko T, Janech M, Alekseyenko A, Atkinson C, Coxson H, Barth J, et al. Serum Proteins Associated with Emphysema Progression in Severe Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency. Chronic Obstr Pulm Dis. 2017;4:204-216 pubmed publisher..C-reactive protein (CRP), adipocyte fatty acid-binding protein (AFBP), leptin, and tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) were found to be associated with baseline emphysema and all but ..
- Wallis M. Coevolution of insulin-like growth factors, insulin and their receptors and binding proteins in New World Monkeys. Growth Horm IGF Res. 2015;25:158-67 pubmed publisher..0 for both receptor ectodomains and for IGFBP1, and allowed identification of residues likely to have been subject to selection...
- Lee C, Kim T, Lee J, Oh S, Yoo J, Kwon H, et al. Extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 signaling pathway is required for endometrial decidualization in mice and human. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e75282 pubmed publisher..the ERK1/2 inhibitor, U0126, significantly decreased the expression of the known decidualization marker genes, IGFBP1 and PRL as well as inhibited the induction of known ERK1/2 target genes; FOS, MSK1, STAT1, and STAT3...
- Si X, Zhou Z, Strappe P, Blanchard C. A comparison of RS4-type resistant starch to RS2-type resistant starch in suppressing oxidative stress in high-fat-diet-induced obese rats. Food Funct. 2017;8:232-240 pubmed publisher..Additionally, RS4 performed well in up-regulating the expressions of Gsta2, Gsta3, Nqo1, and Egfr, and down-regulating LXR?, Igfbp1, and Pml. RS4 exhibited great advantages in reducing oxidative stress compared with RS2.
- Muter J, Brighton P, Lucas E, Lacey L, Shmygol A, Quenby S, et al. Progesterone-Dependent Induction of Phospholipase C-Related Catalytically Inactive Protein 1 (PRIP-1) in Decidualizing Human Endometrial Stromal Cells. Endocrinology. 2016;157:2883-93 pubmed publisher..of HESCs to deciduogenic cues, although the overall expression of differentiation markers, such as PRL, IGFBP1, and WNT4, was blunted...
- Kumar S, Pamulapati H, Tikoo K. Fatty acid induced metabolic memory involves alterations in renal histone H3K36me2 and H3K27me3. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;422:233-242 pubmed publisher..increased FOXO1 activity as evident from increased expression of FOXO1 target genes such as PDK4, p21, G6Pc and IGFBP1. To understand the reason for prolonged activation of FOXO1 and its target genes, chromatin immuno-precipitation (..
- Garfinkel B, Arad S, Le P, Bustin M, Rosen C, Gabet Y, et al. Proportionate Dwarfism in Mice Lacking Heterochromatin Protein 1 Binding Protein 3 (HP1BP3) Is Associated With Alterations in the Endocrine IGF-1 Pathway. Endocrinology. 2015;156:4558-70 pubmed publisher..These alterations were reflected in similar changes in the hepatic transcripts of the Igf1, Igfbp1, and Igfbp2 genes...
- Forte M, Mita L, Cobellis L, Merafina V, Specchio R, Rossi S, et al. Triclosan and bisphenol a affect decidualization of human endometrial stromal cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;422:74-83 pubmed publisher..expression and protein levels of some decidualization markers, such as insulin growth factor binding protein 1 (IGFBP1) and prolactin (PRL), amplifying the effect of progesterone alone...
- Goodwin P, Ennis M, Pritchard K, Trudeau M, Koo J, Hartwick W, et al. Insulin-like growth factor binding proteins 1 and 3 and breast cancer outcomes. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2002;74:65-76 pubmed..The adverse effect of IGFBP-3 on distant recurrence in postmenopausal women with estrogen receptor positive breast cancer should be further investigated. ..
- Ehrenborg E, Larsson C, Stern I, Janson M, Powell D, Luthman H. Contiguous localization of the genes encoding human insulin-like growth factor binding proteins 1 (IGBP1) and 3 (IGBP3) on chromosome 7. Genomics. 1992;12:497-502 pubmed..Further characterization of the IGBP1 DNA sequence disclosed a duplication of the intron 3-exon 4 junction within the third intron. In addition, we report RFLPs for ApaLI and TaqI in the IGBP1 locus. ..
- Borai A, Livingstone C, Heald A, Oyindamola Y, Ferns G. Delta insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 (?IGFBP-1): a marker of hepatic insulin resistance?. Ann Clin Biochem. 2014;51:269-76 pubmed publisher..431, p?<?0.0001) than the ?Insulin0-2h/?IGFBP10-2h model (??=?-0.185, p?=?0.004). The dynamic indices ?IGFBP-10-2h and ?Insulin0-2h/?IGFBP-10-2h appear suitable markers of (hepatic) insulin resistance with potential clinical utility. ..
- Geis T, Popp R, Hu J, Fleming I, Henke N, Dehne N, et al. HIF-2Î± attenuates lymphangiogenesis by up-regulating IGFBP1 in hepatocellular carcinoma. Biol Cell. 2015;107:175-88 pubmed publisher..We identified and verified insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 (IGFBP1) as a HIF-2Î± target gene...
- Dzik C, Reis S, Viana N, Brito G, Paloppi I, Nahas W, et al. Gene expression profile of renal cell carcinomas after neoadjuvant treatment with sunitinib: new pathways revealed. Int J Biol Markers. 2017;32:e210-e217 pubmed publisher..There was underexpression of the majority of genes after sunitinib treatment. The lower expression levels of IGFBP1, CCL20, CXCL6 and FGB were confirmed by qRT-PCR in all cases...
- Shi Q, Gao J, Jiang Y, Sun B, Lu W, Su M, et al. Differentiation of human umbilical cord Wharton's jelly-derived mesenchymal stem cells into endometrial cells. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2017;8:246 pubmed publisher..Prolactin (PRL) and insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1 (IGFBP1) were upregulated and the protein kinase A (PKA) signaling pathway was activated, whereas extracellular signal-..
- Harada M, Osuga Y, Takemura Y, Yoshino O, Koga K, Hirota Y, et al. Mechanical stretch upregulates IGFBP-1 secretion from decidualized endometrial stromal cells. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2006;290:E268-72 pubmed..These findings imply that uterine movement modulates decidualization of the endometrium and has a regulatory effect on reproduction. ..
- Magne L, Blanc E, Marchand A, Fafournoux P, Barouki R, Rouach H, et al. Stabilization of IGFBP-1 mRNA by ethanol in hepatoma cells involves the JNK pathway. J Hepatol. 2007;47:691-8 pubmed..This study reveals a novel pathway of gene regulation by alcohol which involves the activation of JNK and the consequent mRNA stabilization. ..
- Reinehr T, Kleber M, Toschke A, Woelfle J, Roth C. Longitudinal association between IGFBP-1 levels and parameters of the metabolic syndrome in obese children before and after weight loss. Int J Pediatr Obes. 2011;6:236-43 pubmed publisher..2 ? 4.1 ng/ml). The strong relationships between IGFBP-1, insulin resistance, and the MetS suggest that IGFBP-1 might be a promising marker for these entities in obesity. This study is registered at clinicaltrials.gov (NCT00435734). ..
- Å underiÄ‡ M, MalenkoviÄ‡ V, NediÄ‡ O. Complexes between insulin-like growth factor binding proteins and alpha-2-macroglobulin in patients with tumor. Exp Mol Pathol. 2015;98:173-7 pubmed publisher..Although there is still no confirmation of the physiological role of IGFBP-2/Î±2M complexes, their decreased concentration in the circulation provides greater amount of free IGFBP-2. ..
- Becquart P, Cruel M, Hoc T, Sudre L, Pernelle K, Bizios R, et al. Human mesenchymal stem cell responses to hydrostatic pressure and shear stress. Eur Cell Mater. 2016;31:160-73 pubmed..The present study is the first to report that PGTS2, IER3, EGR1, IGF1, IGFBP1, ITGB1, VEGFA and FGF2 are involved in the response of hMSCs to ISS...
- Singal S, Nygard K, Dhruv M, Biggar K, Shehab M, Li S, et al. Co-Localization of Insulin-Like Growth Factor Binding Protein-1, Casein Kinase-2β, and Mechanistic Target of Rapamycin in Human Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cells as Demonstrated by Dual Immunofluorescence and in Situ Proximity Ligation Assay. Am J Pathol. 2018;188:111-124 pubmed publisher..We report interactions between CSNK-2β and IGFBP-1 as well as mTOR and CSNK-2β, providing strong evidence of a mechanistic link between mTOR and IGF-I signaling, two critical regulators of cell growth via CSNK-2. ..
- Lewitt M, Hall K, Bang P, Brismar K. Altered response of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1 to nutritional deprivation in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Metabolism. 2005;54:275-80 pubmed..In conclusion, patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus have altered IGFBP-1 regulation, relating to impaired hepatic insulin sensitivity, which improves after a period of energy (caloric) restriction. ..
- Ma Y, Lu B, Ruan W, Wang H, Lin J, Hu H, et al. Tumor suppressor gene insulin-like growth factor binding protein-related protein 1 (IGFBP-rP1) induces senescence-like growth arrest in colorectal cancer cells. Exp Mol Pathol. 2008;85:141-5 pubmed publisher..Restoration of IGFBP-rP1 function might have potential therapeutic significance in colorectal cancer. ..
- Nissum M, Abu Shehab M, Sukop U, Khosravi J, Wildgruber R, Eckerskorn C, et al. Functional and complementary phosphorylation state attributes of human insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1) isoforms resolved by free flow electrophoresis. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2009;8:1424-35 pubmed publisher..This overall strategy will also be broadly applicable to other phosphoproteins with clinical and functional significance. ..
- Tokunaga K, Uto H, Takami Y, Mera K, Nishida C, Yoshimine Y, et al. Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 levels are increased in patients with IgA nephropathy. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;399:144-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that increased IGFBP-1 levels are associated with the severity of renal pathology in patients with IgAN. ..
- Borai A, Livingstone C, Ferns G. Reference change values for insulin and insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1) in individuals with varying degrees of glucose tolerance. Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 2013;73:274-8 pubmed publisher..The RCVs for IGFBP-1 and FSI increase with deteriorating glucose tolerance. When monitoring IGFBP-1 and FSI, changes in concentrations should be interpreted using glycaemic category-specific RCV values. ..
- Gligorijević N, Penezić A, Nedić O. Influence of glyco-oxidation on complexes between fibrin(ogen) and insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 in patients with diabetes mellitus type 2. Free Radic Res. 2017;51:64-72 pubmed publisher..This hypothesis, however, needs further examination. ..
- Goodyer C, Figueiredo R, Krackovitch S, De Souza Li L, Manalo J, Zogopoulos G. Characterization of the growth hormone receptor in human dermal fibroblasts and liver during development. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2001;281:E1213-20 pubmed..Fetal hepatocytes secreted three IGF-binding proteins (IGFBPs), including IGFBP1, but not IGFBP3. hGH did not alter fetal hepatocyte IGFBPs but stimulated glucose uptake...
- Halldin M, Brismar K, Fahlstadius P, VikstrÃ¶m M, de Faire U, HellÃ©nius M. The metabolic syndrome and ECG detected left ventricular hypertrophy--influences from IGF-1 and IGF-binding protein-1. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e108872 pubmed publisher..The association between IGFBP-1 and LVH was diminished in physically active men and women, as well as in women using oestrogen. ..
- Malkani N, Jansson T, Gupta M. IGFBP-1 hyperphosphorylation in response to leucine deprivation is mediated by the AAR pathway. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2015;412:182-95 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the AAR and mTOR independently regulate IGFBP-1 secretion and phosphorylation in response to decreased amino acid availability. ..
- Kocabayoglu P, Zhang D, Kojima K, Hoshida Y, Friedman S. Induction and contribution of beta platelet-derived growth factor signalling by hepatic stellate cells to liver regeneration after partial hepatectomy in mice. Liver Int. 2016;36:874-82 pubmed publisher..on RNAseq with pathway analysis, and real-time quantitative PCR, which demonstrated reduced expression of Hgf, Igfbp1, Mapk and Il-6...
- Buono R, Longo V. Starvation, Stress Resistance, and Cancer. Trends Endocrinol Metab. 2018;29:271-280 pubmed publisher..These effects are caused in part by the reduction in IGF-1, insulin, and glucose and the increase in IGFBP1 and ketone bodies, which generate conditions that force cancer cells to rely more on metabolites and factors that ..
- Corleta H, Capp E, Strowitzki T. Cycle modulation of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1 in human endometrium. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2000;33:1387-91 pubmed..It would be interesting to study this binding protein in other pathologic conditions of the endometrium such as adenocarcinomas and hyperplasia. ..
- Harrela M, Qiao Q, Koistinen R, Tuomilehto J, Nissinen A, Seppala M, et al. High serum insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 is associated with increased cardiovascular mortality in elderly men. Horm Metab Res. 2002;34:144-9 pubmed..91 95 % CI 1.18 - 3.09; p < 0.008) and coronary heart disease (OR 2.02. 95 % CI 1.18 - 3.47; p < 0.01). In conclusion, high fasting serum IGFBP-1 is related to increased five-year total and cardiovascular mortality in elderly men. ..
- Seto Young D, Zajac J, Liu H, Rosenwaks Z, Poretsky L. The role of mitogen-activated protein kinase in insulin and insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) signaling cascades for progesterone and IGF-binding protein-1 production in human granulosa cells. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003;88:3385-91 pubmed
- Gibson D, Simitsidellis I, Cousins F, Critchley H, Saunders P. Intracrine Androgens Enhance Decidualization and Modulate Expression of Human Endometrial Receptivity Genes. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19970 pubmed publisher..aldo-keto reductase family 1 member C3/AKR1C3), b) establishment of endometrial decidualization (IGFBP1, prolactin) and c) endometrial receptivity (SPP1, MAOA, EDNRB) were measured...
- Merkulyeva N, Veshchitskii A, Makarov F, Gerasimenko Y, Musienko P. Distribution of 28 kDa Calbindin-Immunopositive Neurons in the Cat Spinal Cord. Front Neuroanat. 2015;9:166 pubmed publisher..A significant portion of the lumbosacral enlargement had immunopositive neurons within all Rexed laminae, suggesting an important functional role within and among the spinal networks that control hindlimb movements. ..
- Feng X, Lin J, Xing S, Liu W, Zhang G. Higher IGFBP-1 to IGF-1 serum ratio predicts unfavourable survival in patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:90 pubmed publisher..044) and OS (P = 0.035). A higher IGFBP-1/IGF-1 serum ratio is significantly associated with poor prognosis in NPC patients. ..
- Chen C, Freeman R, Voigt L, Fitzpatrick A, Plymate S, Weiss N. Prostate cancer risk in relation to selected genetic polymorphisms in insulin-like growth factor-I, insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3, and insulin-like growth factor-I receptor. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2006;15:2461-6 pubmed..Our observation that men who do not carry two copies of the IGF-IR (AGG)7 allele are at increased risk of prostate cancer merits further investigation. ..
- Suh H, Lo Y, Choi N, Letendre S, Lee S. Insulin-like growth factors and related proteins in plasma and cerebrospinal fluids of HIV-positive individuals. J Neuroinflammation. 2015;12:72 pubmed publisher..We measured the levels of IGF1, IGF2, IGFBP1, IGFBP2, and IGF2 receptor (IGF2R) in matching plasma and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) samples of 107 HIV+ ..
- Winters Stone K, Wood L, Stoyles S, Dieckmann N. The Effects of Resistance Exercise on Biomarkers of Breast Cancer Prognosis: A Pooled Analysis of Three Randomized Trials. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2018;27:146-153 pubmed publisher..b>Methods: Measures included serum levels of insulin, IGF-1, IGFBP1-3, leptin, serum amyloid A (SAA), adiponectin, C-reactive protein (CRP), IL1β, TNFα, IL6, and IL8, and body ..
- Neumann G, Bach L. The N-terminal disulfide linkages of human insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-6 (hIGFBP-6) and hIGFBP-1 are different as determined by mass spectrometry. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:14587-94 pubmed..The N-terminal linkages of IGFBP-6 differ significantly from those of IGFBP-1 (and, by implication, the other IGFBPs), which could contribute to the distinctive IGF binding properties of IGFBP-6. ..
- Toledo Corral C, Roberts C, Shaibi G, Lane C, Higgins P, Davis J, et al. Insulin-like growth factor-I is inversely related to adiposity in overweight Latino children. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2008;21:855-64 pubmed..02, p = 0.85). Correlations with visceral and subcutaneous adipose tissue yielded similar results. These results demonstrate that IGF-I, IGFBP-1 and IGFBP-3 are all inversely related to adiposity in Hispanic children. ..
- Pernow Y, Hauge E, Linder K, Dahl E, Saaf M. Bone histomorphometry in male idiopathic osteoporosis. Calcif Tissue Int. 2009;84:430-8 pubmed publisher..Bone histomorphometry parameters were associated with low body weight, low estradiol levels, and increased levels of IGFBP-1, supporting the notion that estrogens and IGFs play regulatory roles in male bone turnover. ..
- Abu Shehab M, Khosravi J, Han V, Shilton B, Gupta M. Site-specific IGFBP-1 hyper-phosphorylation in fetal growth restriction: clinical and functional relevance. J Proteome Res. 2010;9:1873-81 pubmed publisher..This study delineates the potential role of higher phosphorylation of IGFBP-1 in FGR and provides the basis to substantiate these findings with larger sample size. ..
- Park J, Rasch M, Qiu J, Lund I, Egeblad M. Presence of insulin-like growth factor binding proteins correlates with tumor-promoting effects of matrix metalloproteinase 9 in breast cancer. Neoplasia. 2015;17:421-33 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, MMP9 has different effects on breast cancer progression depending on whether IGFBPs are expressed. ..
- Guiot J, Bondue B, Henket M, Corhay J, Louis R. Raised serum levels of IGFBP-1 and IGFBP-2 in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. BMC Pulm Med. 2016;16:86 pubmed publisher..05) but still significantly elevated in comparison to HS (p?<?0.001). Serum IGFBP-1 and -2 are increased in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and IGFBP-2 may be reduced by anti-fibrosing therapy. IGFBPs may be promising biomarkers in IPF. ..
- Mešić Ðogić L, Micic D, Omeragić F, Kovač R, Fazlagic S. IGFBP-1 marker of cervical ripening and predictor of preterm birth. Med Glas (Zenica). 2016;13:118-24 pubmed publisher..08). Conclusion Elevated values of IGFBP -1 in cervical secretion were highly correlated with preterm labor. Screening for IGFBP could help in preventing preterm labor and its complications. ..
- Sayanthooran S, Magana Arachchi D, Gunerathne L, Abeysekera T. Potential diagnostic biomarkers for chronic kidney disease of unknown etiology (CKDu) in Sri Lanka: a pilot study. BMC Nephrol. 2017;18:31 pubmed publisher..were observed between KH and early stage CKDu for both the insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 (IGFBP1; pâ€‰=â€‰0.012) and kidney injury molecule-1 (KIM1; pâ€‰=â€‰0...
- Conover C, Lee P, Riggs B, Powell D. Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 expression in cultured human bone cells: regulation by insulin and glucocorticoid. Endocrinology. 1996;137:3295-301 pubmed..Insulin acts through insulin receptors on hOB cells. We postulate that IGFBP-1 produced by osteoblasts in vivo can modulate local actions of IGF on bone formation in response to changes in glucocorticoid and insulin concentrations. ..
- Frost R, Nystrom G, Lang C. Stimulation of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 synthesis by interleukin-1beta: requirement of the mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway. Endocrinology. 2000;141:3156-64 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that the MAP kinase signal transduction pathway plays an important role in the regulation of IGFBP-1 synthesis by IL-1beta. ..
- Tennant M, Vessella R, Sprenger C, Sikes R, Hwa V, Baker L, et al. Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-related protein 1 (IGFBP-rP1/mac 25) is reduced in human prostate cancer and is inversely related to tumor volume and proliferation index in Lucap 23.12 xenografts. Prostate. 2003;56:115-22 pubmed..0045, R = 0.594). IGFBP-rP1/mac 25 is present in normal prostate epithelium and is decreased in human prostate malignancy and higher IGFBP-rP1/mac 25 levels are associated with reduced tumor growth. ..
- Viglio S, Zoppi N, Sangalli A, Gallanti A, Barlati S, Mottes M, et al. Rescue of migratory defects of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome fibroblasts in vitro by type V collagen but not insulin-like binding protein-1. J Invest Dermatol. 2008;128:1915-9 pubmed publisher..The abnormal integrin pattern inhibited the positive effect of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 on cell migration, whereas the migratory capability remarkably improved in the presence of exogenous type V collagen. ..
- Ammoun S, Schmid M, Zhou L, Ristic N, Ercolano E, Hilton D, et al. Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1) regulates human schwannoma proliferation, adhesion and survival. Oncogene. 2012;31:1710-22 pubmed publisher..Thus, IGFBP-1/integrin ?1/Src/FAK pathway has a crucial role in merlin-related tumourigenesis and therefore represents an important therapeutic target in the treatment of merlin-deficient tumours. ..
- Yeap B, Chubb S, McCaul K, Flicker L, Ho K, Golledge J, et al. Associations of IGF1 and its binding proteins with abdominal aortic aneurysm and aortic diameter in older men. Eur J Endocrinol. 2012;166:191-7 pubmed publisher..Abdominal aortic diameter was measured by ultrasound. Plasma total IGF1, IGFBP1 and IGFBP3 were measured by immunoassays...
- Eigenbrot C, Ultsch M, Lipari M, Moran P, Lin S, Ganesan R, et al. Structural and functional analysis of HtrA1 and its subdomains. Structure. 2012;20:1040-50 pubmed publisher..Our structures of the unliganded HtrA1 active site suggest two-state equilibrium and a "conformational selection" model, in which substrate binds to the active conformer. ..
- Kallioniemi H, Rahkonen L, Heikinheimo O, Paavonen J. Early pregnancy vaginal fluid phosphorylated insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 predicts preterm delivery. Prenat Diagn. 2013;33:378-83 pubmed publisher..First-trimester vaginal phIGFBP-1 performed better than cervical phIGFBP-1 in the prediction of spontaneous PTD. ..
- Saraswat G, Guha R, Mondal K, Saha P, Banerjee S, Chakraborty P, et al. Molecular cues to the anti-implantation effect of nano-puerarin in rats. Reproduction. 2016;151:693-707 pubmed publisher..As marked by attenuated expression of stromal cell desmin, alkaline phosphatase, IGFBP1, and decidual prolactin-related protein, the anti-implantation effect of PN seemed secondary to compromised ..
- Vaziri Gohar A, Zheng Y, Houston K. IGF-1 Receptor Modulates FoxO1-Mediated Tamoxifen Response in Breast Cancer Cells. Mol Cancer Res. 2017;15:489-497 pubmed publisher..This contribution identifies potential molecular mechanisms of altered tamoxifen sensitivity in breast cancer cells resulting from decreased IGF-1R expression. Mol Cancer Res; 15(4); 489-97. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Shehab M, Biggar K, Singal S, Nygard K, Shun Cheng Li S, Jansson T, et al. Exposure of decidualized HIESC to low oxygen tension and leucine deprivation results in increased IGFBP-1 phosphorylation and reduced IGF-I bioactivity. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2017;452:1-14 pubmed publisher..These data support the hypothesis that down regulation of IGF-I signaling links decidual IGFBP-1 hyperphosphorylation to restricted fetal growth in placental insufficiency. ..
- Brinkman A, Kortleve D, Schuller A, Zwarthoff E, Drop S. Site-directed mutagenesis of the N-terminal region of IGF binding protein 1; analysis of IGF binding capability. FEBS Lett. 1991;291:264-8 pubmed..With the determination that all 18 cysteine residues are involved in disulphide bond formation our data suggest that, although not all cysteines contribute to the same extent, the ligand binding site may be spatially organized. ..
- Eggermann K, Wollmann H, Tomiuk J, Ranke M, Kaiser P, Eggermann T. Screening for mutations in the promoter and the coding region of the IGFBP1 and IGFBP3 genes in Silver-Russell syndrome patients. Hum Hered. 1999;49:123-8 pubmed..study we sought to identify genetic variation in genes for insulin-like growth factor binding proteins 1 and 3 (IGFBP1, IGFBP3) in 7p12-13 which through alteration of protein function or level of expression might contribute to the ..
- Popovici R, Lu M, Bhatia S, Faessen G, Giaccia A, Giudice L. Hypoxia regulates insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1 in human fetal hepatocytes in primary culture: suggestive molecular mechanisms for in utero fetal growth restriction caused by uteroplacental insufficiency. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001;86:2653-9 pubmed..The data support a role for the fetal liver as a source of elevated circulating levels of IGFBP-1 in fetuses with in utero hypoxia and IUGR. ..
- Park H, Turk B, Gerkema F, Cantley L, Sang Q. Peptide substrate specificities and protein cleavage sites of human endometase/matrilysin-2/matrix metalloproteinase-26. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:35168-75 pubmed..This report proposes a working model for the future studies of pro-MMP-26 activation, the design of inhibitors, and the identification of optimal physiological and pathological substrates of MMP-26 in vivo. ..
- Lang C, Vary T, Frost R. Acute in vivo elevation of insulin-like growth factor (IGF) binding protein-1 decreases plasma free IGF-I and muscle protein synthesis. Endocrinology. 2003;144:3922-33 pubmed..Hence, elevations in circulating and tissue levels of IGFBP-1 may be an important mediator for the muscle catabolism observed in various stress conditions. ..
- Olesen J, Heinemeier K, Gemmer C, Kjaer M, Flyvbjerg A, Langberg H. Exercise-dependent IGF-I, IGFBPs, and type I collagen changes in human peritendinous connective tissue determined by microdialysis. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2007;102:214-20 pubmed..The local increased collagen synthesis was preceded by an elevation of local concentration of IGFBP-4, suggesting that IGFBP-4 may have a key role in the IGF-axis effect on the human collagen synthesis in vivo. ..
- Nivet Antoine V, Golmard J, Coussieu C, Piette F, Cynober L, Bouillanne O. Leptin is better than any other biological parameter for monitoring the efficacy of renutrition in hospitalized malnourished elderly patients. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2011;75:315-20 pubmed publisher..Serum leptin is a more appropriate parameter than transthyretin for monitoring renutrition. ..
- Rajpathak S, He M, Sun Q, Kaplan R, Muzumdar R, Rohan T, et al. Insulin-like growth factor axis and risk of type 2 diabetes in women. Diabetes. 2012;61:2248-54 pubmed publisher..05-6.06]; P trend < 0.05). Thus, this prospective study found strong associations of incident diabetes with baseline levels of three IGFBPs and free IGF-I, consistent with hypotheses that the IGF axis might influence diabetes risk. ..
- Shafiee M, Seedhouse C, Mongan N, Chapman C, Deen S, Abu J, et al. Up-regulation of genes involved in the insulin signalling pathway (IGF1, PTEN and IGFBP1) in the endometrium may link polycystic ovarian syndrome and endometrial cancer. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;424:94-101 pubmed publisher..and comparing the expression of three key genes involved in the insulin signalling pathway (IGF1, PTEN and IGFBP1) in endometrial tissue obtained from three groups of women; PCOS without EC, women with EC without PCOS and non-..
- Jiang Y, Jiang R, Cheng X, Zhang Q, Hu Y, Zhang H, et al. Decreased expression of NR4A nuclear receptors in adenomyosis impairs endometrial decidualization. Mol Hum Reprod. 2016;22:655-68 pubmed publisher..J.Y. 81370683, G.J.Y. 81501251, Y.J. 31571189, H.X.S. and 81571402, G.J.Y.), and a special grant for clinical medicine science of Jiangsu Province (BL2014003, H.X.S.). The authors have no conflicts of interest to declare. ..
- Neuzillet Y, Chapeaublanc E, Krucker C, de Koning L, Lebret T, Radvanyi F, et al. IGF1R activation and the in vitro antiproliferative efficacy of IGF1R inhibitor are inversely correlated with IGFBP5 expression in bladder cancer. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:636 pubmed publisher..pathway - insulin growth factor receptors (INSR, IGF1R, IGF2R), ligands (INS, IGF1, IGF2), and binding proteins (IGFBP1-7, IGF2BP1-3) - in bladder cancer and its correlation with IGF1R activation, and the anti-proliferative efficacy ..
- Tamura I, Shirafuta Y, Jozaki K, Kajimura T, Shinagawa M, Maekawa R, et al. Novel Function of a Transcription Factor WT1 in Regulating Decidualization in Human Endometrial Stromal Cells and Its Molecular Mechanism. Endocrinology. 2017;158:3696-3707 pubmed publisher..These results show the role of WT1 in regulating decidualization in human ESCs. C/EBP? is an upstream gene that regulates WT1 expression by binding to the novel enhancer region. ..