Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IGFBP1
Description: insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1
Alias: AFBP, IBP1, IGF-BP25, PP12, hIGFBP-1, IBP-1, IGF-binding protein 1, IGFBP-1, alpha-pregnancy-associated endometrial globulin, amniotic fluid binding protein, binding protein-25, binding protein-26, binding protein-28, growth hormone independent-binding protein, insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1, placental protein 12
Publications210 found, 100 shown here
- Free and total insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I, -II, and IGF binding protein-1, -2, and -3 serum levels in patients with active thyroid eye diseaseG E Krassas
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Panagia General Hospital, 55132 Thessaloniki, Greece
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:132-5. 2003..The increased IGF levels in retrobulbar tissues previously described, appear to be independent of serum IGFs concentration and probably represent autocrine and/or paracrine activity...
- Hepatic IGFBP1 is a prosurvival factor that binds to BAK, protects the liver from apoptosis, and antagonizes the proapoptotic actions of p53 at mitochondriaJ I Ju Leu
Department of Genetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Genes Dev 21:3095-109. 2007..Here we show that p53 transcriptional activation leads to enhanced expression of hepatic IGFBP1 (insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1)...
- IGF-1, IGFBP-1, and IGFBP-3 polymorphisms predict circulating IGF levels but not breast cancer risk: findings from the Breast and Prostate Cancer Cohort Consortium (BPC3)Alpa V Patel
Department of Epidemiology and Surveillance Research, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e2578. 2008..We comprehensively examined the association between common genetic variation in the IGF1, IGFBP1, and IGFBP3 genes in relation to circulating IGF-I and IGFBP-3 levels and breast cancer risk within the NCI Breast ..
- Common genetic variation within IGFI, IGFII, IGFBP-1, and IGFBP-3 and endometrial cancer riskMonica McGrath
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Gynecol Oncol 120:174-8. 2011..Our hypothesis is that variant alleles in key genes involved in the IGF pathway will influence the development of endometrial cancer...
- Insulin-like growth factor binding proteins 1 and 3 and breast cancer outcomesPamela J Goodwin
Department of Medicine, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Breast Cancer Res Treat 74:65-76. 2002..The adverse effect of IGFBP-3 on distant recurrence in postmenopausal women with estrogen receptor positive breast cancer should be further investigated...
- Decreased placental expression of hPGH, IGF-I and IGFBP-1 in pregnancies complicated by fetal growth restrictionMaria Koutsaki
Laboratory of Clinical Virology, School of Medicine, University of Crete, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Growth Horm IGF Res 21:31-6. 2011..This study aimed to evaluate the expression of hPGH, IGF-I, IGFBP-1 and IGFBP-3 genes in placentas from pregnancies complicated by fetal growth restriction (FGR)...
- Reduced IGFBP-1 is associated with thickening of the carotid wall in type 2 diabetesEeva S Leinonen
Department of Internal Medicine, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Diabetes Care 25:1807-12. 2002..The aim of the present study was to assess the role of the insulin-like growth factor (IGF) system and lipids in predicting the carotid intima-media thickness (IMT) in type 2 diabetes...
- Genetic variation and circulating levels of IGF-I and IGFBP-3 in relation to risk of proliferative benign breast diseaseXuefen Su
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Int J Cancer 126:180-90. 2010..These results suggest that genetic variants and circulating levels of IGFBP-3 may play a role in the early stage of breast carcinogenesis...
- Polymorphisms in IGF-binding protein 1 are associated with impaired renal function in type 2 diabetesRichard H Stephens
Vascular Research Group, Hope Hospital, Salford, UK
Diabetes 54:3547-53. 2005..We genotyped 13 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in IGFBP1 gene in 732 representative type 2 diabetic patients from the Salford Diabetes Register...
- Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1: serum levels, promoter polymorphism, and associations with components of the metabolic syndrome in short subjects born small for gestational ageDanielle van der Kaay
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Endocrinology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:1386-92. 2009..Data on IGFBP-1 levels in short, small for gestational age (SGA) subjects are scarce, and associations with IGFBP1 promoter single nucleotide polymorphisms have not been established.
- Associations of IGF1 and IGFBPs 1 and 3 with all-cause and cardiovascular mortality in older men: the Health In Men StudyBu B Yeap
School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Eur J Endocrinol 164:715-23. 2011..Controversy remains whether differences in the levels of IGF1 and its binding proteins 1 and 3 (IGFBP1 and IGFBP3) determine health outcomes during ageing...
- A cross-sectional analysis of the associations between adult height, BMI and serum concentrations of IGF-I and IGFBP-1 -2 and -3 in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC)Francesca L Crowe
Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Oxford, UK
Ann Hum Biol 38:194-202. 2011..Height and BMI are risk factors for several types of cancer and may be related to circulating concentrations of insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I), a peptide associated with increased cancer risk...
- The prospective association of serum insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) and IGF-binding protein-1 levels with all cause and cardiovascular disease mortality in older adults: the Rancho Bernardo StudyGail A Laughlin
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla, California 92093 0607
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:114-20. 2004..We conclude that low baseline levels of IGF-I and IGFBP-1 increase the risk of fatal IHD among elderly men and women independent of prevalent IHD and CVD risk factors...
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 stimulates cell migration and binds to the alpha 5 beta 1 integrin by means of its Arg-Gly-Asp sequenceJ I Jones
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599 7170
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:10553-7. 1993..The effect of IGFBP-1 on migration is independent of IGF-I and is probably mediated through the alpha 5 beta 1 integrin...
- Polymorphisms of genes coding for insulin-like growth factor 1 and its major binding proteins, circulating levels of IGF-I and IGFBP-3 and breast cancer risk: results from the EPIC studyF Canzian
International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Br J Cancer 94:299-307. 2006..We genotyped 23 common single nucleotide polymorphisms in IGF1, IGFBP1, IGFBP3 and IGFALS, and measured serum levels of IGF-I and IGFBP-3 in samples of cases and controls...
- Common genetic variation in IGF1, IGFBP1 and IGFBP3 and ovarian cancer riskKathryn L Terry
Obstetrics and Gynecology Epidemiology Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Carcinogenesis 30:2042-6. 2009..We evaluated genetic variation in the IGF1, IGFBP1 and IGFBP3 genes in relation to ovarian cancer risk by genotyping 29 haplotype-tagging single nucleotide ..
- Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 in the prediction and development of type 2 diabetes in middle-aged Swedish menM S Lewitt
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, SE 171 76, Sweden
Diabetologia 51:1135-45. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate the predictive role and change in IGFBP-1 concentrations during development of abnormal glucose regulation...
- Insulin-like growth factor-1- and interleukin-6-related gene variation and risk of multiple myelomaBrenda M Birmann
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:282-8. 2009..Nonetheless, the data are consistent with the hypothesis that IGF-1- and IL-6-related gene variation influences susceptibility to multiple myeloma and warrant confirmation in larger populations...
- Epigenetic inactivation implies independent functions for insulin-like growth factor binding protein (IGFBP)-related protein 1 and the related IGFBPL1 in inhibiting breast cancer phenotypesPaul Smith
The Breakthrough Toby Robins Breast Cancer Research Centre at The Institute of Cancer Research, Mary Jean Mitchell Green Building, Chester Beatty Laboratories, London, UK
Clin Cancer Res 13:4061-8. 2007..To analyze epigenetic regulation of two related genes, insulin-like growth factor binding protein-related protein 1 (IGFBP-rP1) and IGFBPL1, and its significance as a determinant of clinical phenotypes in human breast cancer...
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress induction of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 involves ATF4Alexandre Marchand
INSERM UMR S 747, Universite Paris Descartes, 45 Rue des Saints Peres, 75270 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 281:19124-33. 2006..Increased secretion of IGFBP-1 during hepatic ER stress may thus constitute a signal to modulate cell growth and metabolism and induce a systemic adaptive response...
- Insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2 ) and IGF-binding protein 1 (IGFBP1) gene variants are associated with overfeeding-induced metabolic changesO Ukkola
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University, 6400 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70808 4124, USA
Diabetologia 44:2231-6. 2001The aim of this study was to investigate the role of insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF1), IGF2, IGF binding protein 1 (IGFBP1) and IGFBP3 gene variants on the metabolic changes observed in response to a 100-day overfeeding protocol ..
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 is a long-term predictor of heart failure in survivors of a first acute myocardial infarction and population controlsImre Janszky
Department of Public Health Sciences, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Cardiol 138:50-5. 2010..Only a few studies have investigated the prospective relationship between insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1) and cardiovascular events and the results are conflicting...
- Association of total insulin-like growth factor-I, insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1), and IGFBP-3 levels with incident coronary events and ischemic strokeRobert C Kaplan
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA, and Department of Medicine, Lady Davis Research Institute of Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:1319-25. 2007..Prior observational studies have demonstrated that the GH/IGF axis is associated with cardiovascular disease. However, this association has not been extensively studied among older adults...
- Effect of the somatostatin analog octreotide acetate on circulating insulin-like growth factor-1 and related peptides in patients with non-metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: results of a phase II studyTerence W Friedlander
Urologic Oncology Program, Department of Medicine, Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Urol Oncol 30:408-14. 2012..In this study, the efficacy of depot octreotide acetate was prospectively evaluated in patients with CRPC...
- Insulin-like growth factor II and binding proteins 1 and 3 from second trimester human amniotic fluid are associated with infant birth weightDaniel K Tisi
School of Dietetics and Human Nutrition, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
J Nutr 135:1667-72. 2005..0283 and 0.0404, respectively). These results show that 2nd trimester AF IGF BP1, BP3, and IGF II may emerge as early indicators of fetal growth...
- High insulinlike growth factor binding protein 1 level predicts incident congestive heart failure in the elderlyRobert C Kaplan
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Am Heart J 155:1006-12. 2008..We investigated the association between fasting plasma levels of IGF-I, IGFBP-1, IGFBP-3, and insulin and risk of incident CHF in the prospective Cardiovascular Health Study...
- Role of FOXO1A in the regulation of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 in human endometrial cells: interaction with progesterone receptorJ J Kim
Division of Reproductive Biology Research, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Biol Reprod 73:833-9. 2005Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 (IGFBP1) is a major secretory product of the decidualized endometrium...
- Reduced serum glycodelin and insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 in women with polycystic ovary syndrome during first trimester of pregnancyDaniela J Jakubowicz
Hospital de Clinicas Caracas, and Central University of Venezuela, Caracas 1040, Venezuela
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:833-9. 2004..These decreases are likely to be secondary to hyperinsulinemia and reduced insulin sensitivity...
- Urinary excretion of IGFBP-1 and -3 correlates with disease activity and differentiates focal segmental glomerulosclerosis and minimal change diseaseKirstin Worthmann
Department of Medicine Nephrology, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Street 1, Hannover, Germany
Growth Factors 28:129-38. 2010..We conclude that the local expression of IGFBPs in podocytes and endothelial cells might contribute to the pathogenesis of glomerular disease and that IGFBP-1 and -3 are potential non-invasive markers of FSGS...
- IGF1 and its binding proteins 3 and 1 are differentially associated with metabolic syndrome in older menBu B Yeap
School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Perth, Western Australia 6009, Australia
Eur J Endocrinol 162:249-57. 2010..The relationship between IGF-binding proteins 3 and 1 (IGFBP3 and IGFBP1) with risk of cardiovascular disease remains unclear...
- TGFβ1 attenuates expression of prolactin and IGFBP-1 in decidualized endometrial stromal cells by both SMAD-dependent and SMAD-independent pathwaysNicole M Kane
Medical Research Council Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, Centre for Reproductive Biology, Queen s Medical Research Institute, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 5:e12970. 2010..A role for TGFβ1 in decidualization remains to be established and published data concerning effects of TGFβ1 on markers of endometrial decidualization are inconsistent...
- Circulating levels of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 in relation to insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes mellitus, and metabolic syndrome (Chennai Urban Rural Epidemiology Study 118)Kuppan Gokulakrishnan
Madras Diabetes Research Foundation and Dr Mohan s Diabetes Specialities Centre, WHO Collaborating Centre for Non communicable Diseases Prevention and Control, IDF Centre for Education, Gopalapuram, Chennai, India
Metabolism 61:43-6. 2012..942; 95% confidence interval, 0.914-0.971; P < .001). Among Asian Indians, lower levels of circulating IGFBP-1 are seen in subjects with IR, T2DM, and MS...
- Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1) regulates human schwannoma proliferation, adhesion and survivalS Ammoun
Clinical Neurobiology, Peninsula College for Medicine and Dentistry, Plymouth, UK
Oncogene 31:1710-22. 2012..Thus, IGFBP-1/integrin β1/Src/FAK pathway has a crucial role in merlin-related tumourigenesis and therefore represents an important therapeutic target in the treatment of merlin-deficient tumours...
- The expression of IGFs and IGF binding proteins in human carotid atherosclerosis, and the possible role of IGF binding protein-1 in the regulation of smooth muscle cell proliferationJing Wang
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Solna, Sweden
Atherosclerosis 220:102-9. 2012....
- Copeptin, IGFBP-1, and cardiovascular prognosis in patients with type 2 diabetes and acute myocardial infarction: a report from the DIGAMI 2 trialLinda G Mellbin
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Diabetes Care 33:1604-6. 2010..To determine whether C-terminal provasopressin (copeptin) explains the prognostic importance of insulin growth factor binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1) in patients with myocardial infarction and type 2 diabetes...
- Calpain proteolysis of insulin-like growth factor binding protein (IGFBP) -2 and -3, but not of IGFBP-1Ulrika Berg
Department of Woman and Child Health, Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes Unit, Karolinska Institute, Astrid Lindgren Children s Hospital, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Biol Chem 388:859-63. 2007..Using the biosensor technique, in vitro binding of m-calpain to IGFBP-3 was demonstrated to be a Ca(2+)-dependent reaction with a rapid on/off rate...
- Sleeping during the day: effects on the 24-h patterns of IGF-binding protein 1, insulin, glucose, cortisol, and growth hormoneJavaid ur Rehman
Section for Psychology, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Endocrinol 163:383-90. 2010..We investigated how an acute shift of sleep to the daytime affected IGF-binding protein 1 (IGFBP1), which is a risk factor for diabetes.
- Comparative studies on the regulation of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1) and sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) production by insulin and insulin-like growth factors in human hepatoma cellsT Kalme
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Haartmaninkatu 2, FIN 00029 HUCH, Finland
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 86:197-200. 2003..We conclude that IGFBP-1 and SHBG are equally sensitive to ambient insulin concentrations in human hepatoma cell cultures, and the production of both proteins is also attenuated by the IGFs...
- Identification of the sites of phosphorylation in insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1. Regulation of its affinity by phosphorylation of serine 101J I Jones
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599
J Biol Chem 268:1125-31. 1993..We conclude that Ser101 represents the major site of phosphorylation containing 63% of the total 32P incorporated and that phosphorylation of Ser101 is important for maintenance of high affinity binding for this growth factor...
- Identification of the amniotic fluid insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 phosphorylation sites and propensity to proteolysis of the isoformsLorenzo Dolcini
Department of Biochemistry A Castellani, University of Pavia, Italy
FEBS J 276:6033-46. 2009....
- Hepatitis C core protein impairs insulin downstream signalling and regulatory role of IGFBP-1 expressionM Alberstein
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
J Viral Hepat 19:65-71. 2012....
- Impaired hepatocyte DNA synthetic response posthepatectomy in insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1-deficient mice with defects in C/EBP beta and mitogen-activated protein kinase/extracellular signal-regulated kinase regulationJulia I Leu
Department of Genetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:1251-9. 2003..These findings are the first demonstration of the involvement of IGFBP-1 in the regulation of in vivo mitogenic signaling pathways...
- Administration of human insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 increases circulating levels of growth hormone in miceVesna Cingel-Ristic
Laboratory of Pediatrics, Subdivision of Molecular Endocrinology, Erasmus Medical Center, 3000 DR Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Endocrinology 145:4401-7. 2004..In conclusion, GH serum levels increased in response to hIGFBP-1 administration, even in the setting of normal IGF-I levels. This finding suggests a direct involvement of IGFBP-1 in GH secretion...
- The role of mitogen-activated protein kinase in insulin and insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) signaling cascades for progesterone and IGF-binding protein-1 production in human granulosa cellsDonna Seto-Young
Division of Endocrinology, Beth Israel Medical Center and Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, New York 10003, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:3385-91. 2003....
- IGF-1 and IGF-binding proteins and bone mass, geometry, and strength: relation to metabolic control in adolescent girls with type 1 diabetesLaurie J Moyer-Mileur
Center for Pediatric Nutrition Research, Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Bone Miner Res 23:1884-91. 2008....
- Total alanine-scanning mutagenesis of insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) identifies differential binding epitopes for IGFBP-1 and IGFBP-3Y Dubaquie
Department of Protein Engineering, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Biochemistry 38:6386-96. 1999..The fact that the functional binding epitopes on IGF-I are overlapping but distinct for both binding proteins may be exploited to design binding protein-specific IGF variants...
- Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 expression in cultured human bone cells: regulation by insulin and glucocorticoidC A Conover
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Endocrinology 137:3295-301. 1996..Insulin acts through insulin receptors on hOB cells. We postulate that IGFBP-1 produced by osteoblasts in vivo can modulate local actions of IGF on bone formation in response to changes in glucocorticoid and insulin concentrations...
- Sequential appearance of relaxin, prolactin and IGFBP-1 during growth and differentiation of the human endometriumG D Bryant-Greenwood
Department of Anatomy and Reproductive Biology, University of Hawaii, Honolulu 96822
Mol Cell Endocrinol 95:23-9. 1993..In contrast, all three proteins were immunostained in early pregnancy and increased to term gestation.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Common genetic variation of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1 (IGFBP-1), IGFBP-3, and acid labile subunit in relation to serum IGF-I levels and mammographic densityCornelia W Taverne
Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, University Medical Center, Room Str 6 131, PO Box 85500, Utrecht, 3508, GA, The Netherlands
Breast Cancer Res Treat 123:843-55. 2010..women within the Prospect-EPIC cohort, we examined associations of 14 haplotype tagging SNPs in the ALS, IGFBP1, and IGFBP3 genes with IGF-I circulating levels and mammographic density...
- Insulin-like growth factor-binding proteins in serum and other biological fluids: regulation and functionsS Rajaram
Mineral Metabolism Laboratory, Jerry L Pettis Memorial Veterans Administration Medical Center, Loma Linda, California 92357, USA
Endocr Rev 18:801-31. 1997
- Acute in vivo elevation of insulin-like growth factor (IGF) binding protein-1 decreases plasma free IGF-I and muscle protein synthesisCharles H Lang
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Endocrinology 144:3922-33. 2003..Hence, elevations in circulating and tissue levels of IGFBP-1 may be an important mediator for the muscle catabolism observed in various stress conditions...
- Matrix metalloprotease-3 and -9 proteolyze insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1Hedley A Coppock
Endocrine Sciences, School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Biol Reprod 71:438-43. 2004..These findings suggest cleavage of IGFBP-1 as a novel mechanism in the control of placental development by matrix metalloproteases...
- Tumor suppressor gene insulin-like growth factor binding protein-related protein 1 (IGFBP-rP1) induces senescence-like growth arrest in colorectal cancer cellsYu Ma
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, 310058, China
Exp Mol Pathol 85:141-5. 2008..Restoration of IGFBP-rP1 function might have potential therapeutic significance in colorectal cancer...
- Vascular endothelial function and blood pressure homeostasis in mice overexpressing IGF binding protein-1Stephen B Wheatcroft
Department of Cardiology, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Medicine, London, UK
Diabetes 52:2075-82. 2003..Our data suggest that IGFBP-1 plays an important and potentially beneficial role in regulating metabolic and vascular homeostasis...
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 is independently affected by ethnicity, insulin sensitivity, and leptin in healthy, glucose-tolerant young menChoon F Liew
Department of Medicine, National University of Singapore, 5 Lower Kent Ridge Road, Singapore
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:1483-8. 2005..The presence of relative insulin resistance and low fasting IGFBP-1 levels in Asian Indians may contribute to their higher risk of developing diabetes and cardiovascular disease...
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein (IGFBP-1) involvement in intrauterine growth retardation: study on IGFBP-1 overexpressing transgenic miceNadia Ben Lagha
Laboratoire de Biologie Oro Faciale et Pathologie, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 714, Institut Biomedical des Cordeliers, 15 21 Rue de l Ecole de Médecine, 75006 Paris, France
Endocrinology 147:4730-7. 2006..Similar perturbations could be observed in human intrauterine growth retardation suggesting the IGF/IGFBP system is involved in fetal growth, biomineralization, and energetic status in humans...
- Structure and properties of the C-terminal domain of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 isolated from human amniotic fluidAlberto Sala
Department of Biochemistry A Castellani, University of Pavia, Italy
J Biol Chem 280:29812-9. 2005..Iron (II) decreases the binding of intact IGFBP-1 and the C-terminal domain to IGF-II, suggesting that the metal binding site is close to or part of the surface of interaction of the two molecules...
- Haplotype-based association studies of IGFBP1 and IGFBP3 with prostate and breast cancer risk: the multiethnic cohortIona Cheng
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics and Center for Human Genetics, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:1993-7. 2006..To examine whether inherited differences in the IGFBP1 and IGFBP3 genes influence prostate and breast cancer susceptibility, we conducted two large population-based ..
- Altered placental development and intrauterine growth restriction in IGF binding protein-1 transgenic micePaul A Crossey
Department of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Internal Medicine, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Medicine, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Invest 110:411-8. 2002....
- The insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1 gene is a primary target of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptorsTatjana Degenhardt
Department of Biochemistry and A I Virtanen Institute, University of Kuopio, FIN 70211 Kuopio, Finland
J Biol Chem 281:39607-19. 2006..We also show that these additional PPAR binding genes contain a number of candidate PPREs and that their mRNA levels respond quickly to the presence of PPAR ligands, indicating that they are also primary PPAR target genes...
- Serum levels of insulin-like growth factors (IGFs) and their binding proteins (IGFBPs), -1, -2, -3, in oral cancerG Brady
York Hospital, UK
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 36:259-62. 2007..Reported evidence suggests that cancer (non-oral) is associated with high circulating levels of IGF-1 and low levels of IGFBP-3...
- Common genetic variation in IGF1, IGFBP-1, and IGFBP-3 in relation to mammographic density: a cross-sectional studyRulla M Tamimi
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 181 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Breast Cancer Res 9:R18. 2007....
- Insulin response sequence-dependent and -independent mechanisms mediate effects of insulin on glucocorticoid-stimulated insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 promoter activityLixia Gan
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago and Jesse Brown Veterans Affairs Medical Center, USA
Endocrinology 146:4274-80. 2005....
- Strong suppression of tumor growth by insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-related protein 1/tumor-derived cell adhesion factor/mac25Yuichiro Sato
Division of Cell Biology, Kihara Institute for Biological Research, Yokohama City University, 641 12 Maioka cho, Totsuka ku, Yokohama 244 0813, Japan
Cancer Sci 98:1055-63. 2007..Cell surface IGFBP-rP1 may reduce the anchorage-independent growth ability, leading to the marked loss of tumorigenicity...
- Genetic determinants of circulating insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I, IGF binding protein (BP)-1, and IGFBP-3 levels in a multiethnic populationIona Cheng
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0794, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:3660-6. 2007..Both circulating levels and genetic variation of IGFs have been associated with cancer risk, yet the relationship between the two is not well understood...
- Elevated circulating insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 is sufficient to cause fetal growth restrictionCarole S Watson
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X5
Endocrinology 147:1175-86. 2006..5; P < 0.05). Thus, this model of FGR is associated with a larger placenta, but without postnatal catch-up growth. Overall, these data clearly demonstrate that high concentrations of circulating IGFBP-1 are sufficient to cause FGR...
- Regulation of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 promoter activity by FKHR and HOXA10 in primate endometrial cellsJ Julie Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine and VA Chicago Healthcare System West Side, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Biol Reprod 68:24-30. 2003..These studies show that FKHR and HOXA10 interact directly and can function cooperatively to stimulate IGFBP-1 promoter activity in endometrial cells and perhaps in other settings...
- Reproductive abnormalities in human IGF binding protein-1 transgenic female micePascal Froment
Physiologie de la Reproduction et des Comportements, Unité Mixte de Recherche 6073 Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Université F Rabelais de Tours, 37380 Nouzilly, France
Endocrinology 143:1801-8. 2002..Increased circulating IGFBP-1 concentrations may additionally lead to altered GnRH and LH pulsatility and thereby exacerbate the ovulation defect...
- Bone formation in the context of growth retardation induced by hIGFBP-1 overexpression in transgenic miceN Ben Lagha
Laboratoire de Biologie Orofaciale et Pathologie, INSERM EMI U 0110, Universite Paris 7, IFR 58, Institut Biomedical des Cordeliers, Esc E, 2è ét, 15 21 Rue de l Ecole de Médecine, 75270 Paris, France
Connect Tissue Res 43:515-9. 2002..These data show the involvement of the IGF/IGFBP system and more particularly IGFBP-1 in the biomineralization process...
- Serum insulin-like growth factor type 1, insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1, and insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 concentrations in patients with thyroid dysfunctionP Iglesias
Department of Endocrinology, Hospital General de Segovia, Madrid, Spain
Thyroid 11:1043-8. 2001..01). The results of the present study show that thyroid status affects GH/IGF axis. Hypothyroidism is associated with significant reductions of IGF-1 and IGFBP-3, and IGFBP-1 is elevated in both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism...
- The regional expression of insulin-like growth factor II (IGF-II) and insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1) in the placentae of women with pre-eclampsiaR J Gratton
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, CIHR Group in Fetal and Neonatal Health and Development, The Child Health Research Institute, The Lawson Health Research Institute, The University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Placenta 23:303-10. 2002..The altered IGF-II and IGFBP-1 expression at the fetomaternal interface may be important in the pathophysiology of pre-eclampsia...
- Contiguous localization of the genes encoding human insulin-like growth factor binding proteins 1 (IGBP1) and 3 (IGBP3) on chromosome 7E Ehrenborg
Department of Clinical Genetics, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Genomics 12:497-502. 1992..Further characterization of the IGBP1 DNA sequence disclosed a duplication of the intron 3-exon 4 junction within the third intron. In addition, we report RFLPs for ApaLI and TaqI in the IGBP1 locus...
- Binding characteristics of pro-insulin-like growth factor-II from cancer patients: binary and ternary complex formation with IGF binding proteins-1 to -6J J Bond
Cooperative Research Centre for Diagnostic Technologies, Brisbane, Queensland 4001, Australia
J Endocrinol 165:253-60. 2000..This may increase the tissue availability of serum pro-IGF-II, allowing its insulin-like potential to be realised...
- The relationship among circulating insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I, IGF-binding proteins-1 and -2, and birth anthropometry: a prospective studyMichael S Boyne
Tropical Metabolism Research Unit, Tropical Medicine Research Institute, The University of the West Indies, Mona, Kingston 7, Jamaica
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:1687-91. 2003..In conclusion, maternal IGF-I levels, especially during late pregnancy, positively influence birth weight...
- Duplication of 7p12.1-p13, including GRB10 and IGFBP1, in a mother and daughter with features of Silver-Russell syndromeC A Joyce
Wessex Regional Genetics Laboratory, Salisbury Health Care Trust, Wilts, UK
Hum Genet 105:273-80. 1999..growth-related genes GRB10 (growth factor receptor-bound protein 10), EGFR (epidermal growth factor receptor) and IGFBP1 (insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1), all of which have been suggested as candidate genes for SRS...
- Hypoxia regulates insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1 in human fetal hepatocytes in primary culture: suggestive molecular mechanisms for in utero fetal growth restriction caused by uteroplacental insufficiencyR M Popovici
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Stanford University Medical School, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:2653-9. 2001..The data support a role for the fetal liver as a source of elevated circulating levels of IGFBP-1 in fetuses with in utero hypoxia and IUGR...
- The N-terminal disulfide linkages of human insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-6 (hIGFBP-6) and hIGFBP-1 are different as determined by mass spectrometryG M Neumann
Department of Biochemistry, LaTrobe University, Bundoora, Victoria 3083, Australia
J Biol Chem 274:14587-94. 1999..The N-terminal linkages of IGFBP-6 differ significantly from those of IGFBP-1 (and, by implication, the other IGFBPs), which could contribute to the distinctive IGF binding properties of IGFBP-6...
- Insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) and IGF binding protein-1 modulate prostate cancer cell growth and apoptosis: possible mediators for the effects of diet and exercise on cancer cell survivalTung H Ngo
Department of Physiological Science, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Endocrinology 144:2319-24. 2003..DE results in a decrease in serum IGF-I with increased IGFBP-1 in vivo that is associated with apoptosis and reduced LNCaP and LAPC-4 prostate cancer cell growth in vitro...
- Reproductive abnormalities in human insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 transgenic male micePascal Froment
Physiologie de la Reproduction et des Comportements, Unité Mixte de Recherche 6073, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Université F Rabelais de Tours, 37380 Nouzilly, France
Endocrinology 145:2080-91. 2004..Our observations are consistent with the idea that normal spermatogenesis and perhaps also steroidogenesis are dependent on the actions of sufficient concentrations of unbound IGF-I...
- Metabolic, anthropometric, and nutritional factors as predictors of circulating insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 levels in middle-aged and elderly menKatarina Wolk
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, SE 17177 Stockholm
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:1879-84. 2004..Our data suggest that metabolic, anthropometric, and nutritional factors are important determinants of IGFBP-1 levels in healthy men...
- Insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-1 and IGF binding protein-1 and -3 in the follicular fluid of infertile patients with endometriosisJ S L Cunha-Filho
Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Hum Reprod 18:423-8. 2003..The objective of this present paper was to analyse the dosages of insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) and IGF binding protein-1 and 3 (IGFBP-1 and IGFBP-3) in the follicular fluid environment of infertile patients with endometriosis...
- Regulation of homeobox A10 expression in the primate endometrium by progesterone and embryonic stimuliG B Godbole
National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health, Indian Council of Medical Research, JM Street, Parel, Mumbai 400012, India
Reproduction 134:513-23. 2007..In addition, the mRNA expression of HOXA11 and insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1 (IGFBP1) was evaluated by real-time PCR in these animals...
- Effects of insulin-like growth factors (IGF) on pancreatic islet function in IGF binding protein-1 transgenic miceS T Dheen
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Diabetologia 39:1249-54. 1996..Rather, the data suggest that the hyperglycaemia or local effects of IGFBP-1 over-expression results in a state of enhanced insulin secretion which persists under short-term in vitro culture conditions...
- Experimental murine endometriosis induces DNA methylation and altered gene expression in eutopic endometriumBanghyun Lee
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Biol Reprod 80:79-85. 2009..Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 (Igfbp1) mRNA was decreased in the endometriosis group...
- Body composition and circulating levels of insulin, insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 and growth hormone (GH)-binding protein affect the pharmacokinetics of GH in adults independently of ageTroels Krarup Hansen
Medical Department M Endocrinology and Diabetes, Aarhus University Hospital, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:2185-93. 2002....
- Inhibition of matrix metalloproteinases prevents the synthesis of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 during decidualization in the baboonZuzana Strakova
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612 7313, USA
Endocrinology 144:5339-46. 2003..Disruption of actin filaments enhances IGFBP-1 induction. Thus, our data imply that IL-1beta-induced MMPs and particularly MMP-3 may up-regulate IGFBP-1 by disrupting the actin cytoskeleton as a result of ECM degradation...
- C-peptide, insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1, glycosylated hemoglobin, and the risk of distal colorectal adenoma in womenEsther K Wei
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:750-5. 2006..However, few studies have evaluated whether these factors are also associated with risk of colorectal adenoma, the main precursor lesion to colorectal cancer...
- dlk1 specifically interacts with insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 to modulate adipogenesis of 3T3-L1 cellsMaria Luisa Nueda
Department of Inorganic and Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Medical School, Regional Center for Biomedical Research, University of Castilla La Mancha, Avenida de Almansa 14, 02006 Albacete, Spain
J Mol Biol 379:428-42. 2008..strong and specific interaction between the protease-target dlk1 region and the non-IGF binding region of IGF binding protein 1 (IGFBP1), a protein that binds to IGFs and modulates their action...
- Omeprazole stimulates the induction of human insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 through aryl hydrocarbon receptor activationIain A Murray
Center for Molecular Toxicology and Carcinogenesis, Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, 309A Life Sciences Bldg, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 324:1102-10. 2008..These data demonstrate that activation of hAhR by pharmaceuticals such as omeprazole can alter IGFBP-1 expression and thus may influence IGFBP-1-dependent physiological processes...
- Hoxa5 overexpression correlates with IGFBP1 upregulation and postnatal dwarfism: evidence for an interaction between Hoxa5 and Forkhead box transcription factorsIsabelle Foucher
CNRS UMR 8542, Ecole Normale Superieure, 46 rue d Ulm, 75230 Paris Cedex 05, France
Development 129:4065-74. 2002..present a liver phenotype illustrated by a 12-fold increase in liver insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 (IGFBP1) mRNA and a 50% decrease in liver insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF1) mRNA correlated with a 50% decrease in ..
- Polymerization of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1) potentiates IGF-I actions in placentaHiromi Shibuya
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Cell Physiol 226:434-9. 2011..These results suggest that progesterone might facilitate polymerization of decidua-secreted IGFBP-1 and increase IGF-I actions at feto-maternal interface, thereby stimulating trophoblast invasion of maternal uterus...
- Circulating IGF binding protein-1 is inversely associated with leptin in non-obese men and obese postmenopausal womenS Soderberg
Department of Medicine, Umea University Hospital, Sweden
Eur J Endocrinol 144:283-90. 2001..We therefore examined the relationship between leptin, IGF-I, IGFBP-1, insulin and proinsulin in men and women with or without obesity in a population study...
- Serum glucocorticoids and adiponectin associate with insulin resistance in children born small for gestational ageS Tenhola
Department of Pediatrics, University of Kuopio and Kuopio University Hospital, PO Box 1777, FI 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Eur J Endocrinol 162:551-7. 2010..We aimed to investigate whether serum glucocorticoid parameters are related to IR in children born small for gestational age (SGA)...
- A prospective study of C-peptide, insulin-like growth factor-I, insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1, and the risk of colorectal cancer in womenEsther K Wei
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 3rd Floor, 181 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:850-5. 2005..Although altering IGF-I levels may not be practical, the growing burden of obesity and consequently hyperinsulinemia, which seems increasingly important for colon cancer, may be a target for effective prevention...
- Metformin therapy increases insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 in hyperinsulinemic women with polycystic ovary syndromeLeszek Pawelczyk
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Karol Marcinkowski University of Medical Sciences, ul Polna 33, 60 535 Poznan, Poland
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 113:209-13. 2004..and increased levels of free insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I), presumably due to a decline in IGF binding protein 1 (IGFBP-1)...
- Systemic and renal growth hormone-IGF1 axis involvement in a mouse model of type 2 diabetesY Segev
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Diabetologia 50:1327-34. 2007..We therefore examined the endocrine and renal GH-IGF axis changes in db/db mice, a model of type 2 diabetes mellitus and nephropathy...
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 activates integrin-mediated intracellular signaling and migration in oligodendrocytesDaniel Chesik
Department of Neurology, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Neurochem 113:1319-30. 2010..Our results suggest that up-regulation of IGFBP-1 in oligodendrocytes in MS may serve two functions: (i) regulate IGF-1 actions, (ii) exert IGF-independent effects through its RGD sequence...
- Zinc supplementation enhances hepatic regeneration by preserving hepatocyte nuclear factor-4alpha in mice subjected to long-term ethanol administrationXinqin Kang
Department of Medicine, University of Louisville School of Medicine, 511 South Floyd Street, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Am J Pathol 172:916-25. 2008..growth factor (HGF), insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I), insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 (IGFBP1), metallothionein (MT), and cyclin D1, as well as HNF-4alpha...
- Deficiency of PDK1 in liver results in glucose intolerance, impairment of insulin-regulated gene expression and liver failureAlfonso Mora
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, School of Life Sciences, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
Biochem J 385:639-48. 2005..Furthermore, three other insulin-controlled genes, namely IGFBP1 (insulin-like-growth-factor-binding protein-1), IRS2 (insulin receptor substrate 2) and glucokinase, were ..
- Phospholipase D1 as a key enzyme for decidualization in human endometrial stromal cellsMee Sup Yoon
Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine, Hanyang University, Seoul 133 791, Korea
Biol Reprod 76:250-8. 2007..morphology and produced significant amounts of prolactin (PRL) and insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1 (IGFBP1). Simultaneously, the activity and expression levels of PLD1 increased...
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 in the ruminant uterus: potential endometrial marker and regulator of conceptus elongationRebecca M Simmons
Department of Animal Science, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843, USA
Endocrinology 150:4295-305. 2009..in the ovine and bovine uterus; effects of P4 and IFNT on their expression in the ovine uterus; and effects of IGFBP1 on ovine trophectoderm cell proliferation, migration, and attachment...
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF IGF BINDING PROTEIN 1Terry Unterman; Fiscal Year: 1999..The results of these studies should provide insight into specific mechanisms by which glucocorticoids and insulin interact to regulate hepatic gene expression and modulate biological effects of IGFs in disorders of metabolism. ..
- REVERSAL OF DECLINE OF GH SECRETION OF AGINGMichael Thorner; Fiscal Year: 2002..adults with increased visceral fat, administration of metformin, a biguanide, for 4 weeks will lower insulin levels without changing blood glucose, will increase circulating IGFBP1 levels and thus enhance GH secretion in older adults.
- Obesity and Diabetes Familial Risk in Hispanic ChildrenNancy F Butte; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this project, we propose to identify variants in genes that influence fasting glucose, insulin, ghrelin and IGFBP1 in Hispanic children...
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF IGF BINDING PROTEIN 1Terry Unterman; Fiscal Year: 2003..Hence, IGFBP1 provides an important model for understanding evolutionarily conserved mechanisms mediating effects of insulin-..
- Modulators of liver injuryJULIE I JU LEU; Fiscal Year: 2007..to play a role during liver repair and regeneration is the Insulin-like Growth Factor Binding Protein-1 (IGFBP1)...
- p53 and pathways of apoptosisDONNA GEORGE; Fiscal Year: 2007..discovery of a functional link between a liver survival factor, insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 (IGFBP1), and the p53 protein...
- Treatment of Breast Cancer with IGFBP1Douglas Yee; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our long-term goal is to prove that the IGFs are key targets for the treatment of breast cancer. By optimizing IGF neutralization strategies, we will be prepared to move this anti-IGF strategy into the clinic. ..
- p53 and pathways of apoptosisDonna L George; Fiscal Year: 2010..discovery of a functional link between a liver survival factor, insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 (IGFBP1), and the p53 protein...
- Insulin Resistance and Adenomas of the ColorectumSteven Haffner; Fiscal Year: 2003..Serum samples will be assayed for insulin, IGF-1, IGFBP1, and IGFBP3 levels for all cohort members at both the time of colonoscopy, as well as at the time of two earlier ..
- Insulin Resistance and Adenomas of the ColorectumMohammed Saad; Fiscal Year: 2003..Serum samples will be assayed for insulin, IGF-1, IGFBP1, and IGFBP3 levels for all cohort members at both the time of colonoscopy, as well as at the time of two earlier ..
- Gender differences in Bone Loss and Incident FracturesElizabeth Barrett Connor; Fiscal Year: 2007..Recently completed assays performed on blood obtained at earlier visits include IGF-1, IGFBP1, IL-6, C-reactive protein, PTH and 25 OH and 1,25 (OH)2 vitamin D...
- CENTER FOR DIGESTIVE AND LIVER DISEASESAnil Rustgi; Fiscal Year: 2007..culture model of Barrett's esophagus; (3) Hematopoietic contribution to the gut vasculature; and (4) A p53/IGFBP1 regulatory circuit and liver cancer...
- Obesity and Diabetes Familial Risk in Hispanic ChildrenNancy Butte; Fiscal Year: 2009..In this project, we propose to identify variants in genes that influence fasting glucose, insulin, ghrelin and IGFBP1 in Hispanic children...
- Postprandial glycemic response to 4-week low and high glycemic load dietsMarian Neuhouser; Fiscal Year: 2007..eight hours of serial blood draws to assess the protracted postprandial response of insulin, glucose, IGFI, IGFII, IGFBP1, IGFBP3, free fatty acids, and triglycerides...
- CYTOKINE REGULATION OF IGF SYSTEM DURING INFECTIONCharles Lang; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- TARGETING THE IGF SYSTEM IN BREAST CANCERDouglas Yee; Fiscal Year: 2002..The IGF system appears to be at least equally important in stimulating breast cancer growth, and demonstrating targetable points in its functional pathway could well have an equally valuable impact on overall breast cancer treatment. ..