Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IGFBP1
Description: insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1
Alias: AFBP, IBP1, IGF-BP25, PP12, hIGFBP-1, IBP-1, IGF-binding protein 1, IGFBP-1, alpha-pregnancy-associated endometrial globulin, amniotic fluid binding protein, binding protein-25, binding protein-26, binding protein-28, growth hormone independent-binding protein, insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1, placental protein 12
Publications191 found, 100 shown here
- Free and total insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I, -II, and IGF binding protein-1, -2, and -3 serum levels in patients with active thyroid eye diseaseG E Krassas
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Panagia General Hospital, 55132 Thessaloniki, Greece
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:132-5. 2003..The increased IGF levels in retrobulbar tissues previously described, appear to be independent of serum IGFs concentration and probably represent autocrine and/or paracrine activity...
- Hepatic IGFBP1 is a prosurvival factor that binds to BAK, protects the liver from apoptosis, and antagonizes the proapoptotic actions of p53 at mitochondriaJ I Ju Leu
Department of Genetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Genes Dev 21:3095-109. 2007..Here we show that p53 transcriptional activation leads to enhanced expression of hepatic IGFBP1 (insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1)...
- The effect of glucagon-like peptide 2 injection on performance, small intestinal morphology, and nutrient transporter expression of stressed broiler chickensX F Hu
The State Key Laboratory of Animal Nutrition, College of Animal Science and Technology, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100193, P R China
Poult Sci 89:1967-74. 2010..Glucagon-like peptide 2 injection also had a positive effect on the growth performance of healthy broiler chickens...
- IGF-1 and IGF-binding proteins and bone mass, geometry, and strength: relation to metabolic control in adolescent girls with type 1 diabetesLaurie J Moyer-Mileur
Center for Pediatric Nutrition Research, Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Bone Miner Res 23:1884-91. 2008....
- Total alanine-scanning mutagenesis of insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) identifies differential binding epitopes for IGFBP-1 and IGFBP-3Y Dubaquie
Department of Protein Engineering, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Biochemistry 38:6386-96. 1999..The fact that the functional binding epitopes on IGF-I are overlapping but distinct for both binding proteins may be exploited to design binding protein-specific IGF variants...
- Sequential appearance of relaxin, prolactin and IGFBP-1 during growth and differentiation of the human endometriumG D Bryant-Greenwood
Department of Anatomy and Reproductive Biology, University of Hawaii, Honolulu 96822
Mol Cell Endocrinol 95:23-9. 1993..In contrast, all three proteins were immunostained in early pregnancy and increased to term gestation.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Insulin-like growth factor-1- and interleukin-6-related gene variation and risk of multiple myelomaBrenda M Birmann
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:282-8. 2009..Nonetheless, the data are consistent with the hypothesis that IGF-1- and IL-6-related gene variation influences susceptibility to multiple myeloma and warrant confirmation in larger populations...
- The role of mitogen-activated protein kinase in insulin and insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) signaling cascades for progesterone and IGF-binding protein-1 production in human granulosa cellsDonna Seto-Young
Division of Endocrinology, Beth Israel Medical Center and Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, New York 10003, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:3385-91. 2003....
- A cross-sectional analysis of the associations between adult height, BMI and serum concentrations of IGF-I and IGFBP-1 -2 and -3 in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC)Francesca L Crowe
Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Oxford, UK
Ann Hum Biol 38:194-202. 2011..Height and BMI are risk factors for several types of cancer and may be related to circulating concentrations of insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I), a peptide associated with increased cancer risk...
- Epigenetic inactivation implies independent functions for insulin-like growth factor binding protein (IGFBP)-related protein 1 and the related IGFBPL1 in inhibiting breast cancer phenotypesPaul Smith
The Breakthrough Toby Robins Breast Cancer Research Centre at The Institute of Cancer Research, Mary Jean Mitchell Green Building, Chester Beatty Laboratories, London, UK
Clin Cancer Res 13:4061-8. 2007..To analyze epigenetic regulation of two related genes, insulin-like growth factor binding protein-related protein 1 (IGFBP-rP1) and IGFBPL1, and its significance as a determinant of clinical phenotypes in human breast cancer...
- Impaired hepatocyte DNA synthetic response posthepatectomy in insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1-deficient mice with defects in C/EBP beta and mitogen-activated protein kinase/extracellular signal-regulated kinase regulationJulia I Leu
Department of Genetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:1251-9. 2003..These findings are the first demonstration of the involvement of IGFBP-1 in the regulation of in vivo mitogenic signaling pathways...
- Administration of human insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 increases circulating levels of growth hormone in miceVesna Cingel-Ristic
Laboratory of Pediatrics, Subdivision of Molecular Endocrinology, Erasmus Medical Center, 3000 DR Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Endocrinology 145:4401-7. 2004..In conclusion, GH serum levels increased in response to hIGFBP-1 administration, even in the setting of normal IGF-I levels. This finding suggests a direct involvement of IGFBP-1 in GH secretion...
- Polymorphisms of genes coding for insulin-like growth factor 1 and its major binding proteins, circulating levels of IGF-I and IGFBP-3 and breast cancer risk: results from the EPIC studyF Canzian
International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Br J Cancer 94:299-307. 2006..We genotyped 23 common single nucleotide polymorphisms in IGF1, IGFBP1, IGFBP3 and IGFALS, and measured serum levels of IGF-I and IGFBP-3 in samples of cases and controls...
- Insulin-like growth factor binding proteins 1 and 3 and breast cancer outcomesPamela J Goodwin
Department of Medicine, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Breast Cancer Res Treat 74:65-76. 2002..The adverse effect of IGFBP-3 on distant recurrence in postmenopausal women with estrogen receptor positive breast cancer should be further investigated...
- Insulin-like growth factor-binding proteins in serum and other biological fluids: regulation and functionsS Rajaram
Mineral Metabolism Laboratory, Jerry L. Pettis Memorial Veterans Administration Medical Center, Loma Linda, California 92357, USA
Endocr Rev 18:801-31. 1997
- Binding characteristics of pro-insulin-like growth factor-II from cancer patients: binary and ternary complex formation with IGF binding proteins-1 to -6J J Bond
Cooperative Research Centre for Diagnostic Technologies, Brisbane, Queensland 4001, Australia
J Endocrinol 165:253-60. 2000..This may increase the tissue availability of serum pro-IGF-II, allowing its insulin-like potential to be realised...
- The relationship among circulating insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I, IGF-binding proteins-1 and -2, and birth anthropometry: a prospective studyMichael S Boyne
Tropical Metabolism Research Unit, Tropical Medicine Research Institute, The University of the West Indies, Mona, Kingston 7, Jamaica
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:1687-91. 2003..In conclusion, maternal IGF-I levels, especially during late pregnancy, positively influence birth weight...
- Duplication of 7p12.1-p13, including GRB10 and IGFBP1, in a mother and daughter with features of Silver-Russell syndromeC A Joyce
Wessex Regional Genetics Laboratory, Salisbury Health Care Trust, Wilts, UK
Hum Genet 105:273-80. 1999..growth-related genes GRB10 (growth factor receptor-bound protein 10), EGFR (epidermal growth factor receptor) and IGFBP1 (insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1), all of which have been suggested as candidate genes for SRS...
- Tumor suppressor gene insulin-like growth factor binding protein-related protein 1 (IGFBP-rP1) induces senescence-like growth arrest in colorectal cancer cellsYu Ma
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, 310058, China
Exp Mol Pathol 85:141-5. 2008..Restoration of IGFBP-rP1 function might have potential therapeutic significance in colorectal cancer...
- Altered placental development and intrauterine growth restriction in IGF binding protein-1 transgenic micePaul A Crossey
Department of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Internal Medicine, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Medicine, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Invest 110:411-8. 2002....
- Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 in the prediction and development of type 2 diabetes in middle-aged Swedish menM S Lewitt
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, SE 171 76, Sweden
Diabetologia 51:1135-45. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate the predictive role and change in IGFBP-1 concentrations during development of abnormal glucose regulation...
- Bone formation in the context of growth retardation induced by hIGFBP-1 overexpression in transgenic miceN Ben Lagha
Laboratoire de Biologie Orofaciale et Pathologie, INSERM EMI U 0110, Universite Paris 7, IFR 58, Institut Biomedical des Cordeliers, Esc E, 2è ét, 15 21 Rue de l Ecole de Médecine, 75270 Paris, France
Connect Tissue Res 43:515-9. 2002..These data show the involvement of the IGF/IGFBP system and more particularly IGFBP-1 in the biomineralization process...
- Reproductive abnormalities in human IGF binding protein-1 transgenic female micePascal Froment
Physiologie de la Reproduction et des Comportements, Unité Mixte de Recherche 6073 Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Université F Rabelais de Tours, 37380 Nouzilly, France
Endocrinology 143:1801-8. 2002..Increased circulating IGFBP-1 concentrations may additionally lead to altered GnRH and LH pulsatility and thereby exacerbate the ovulation defect...
- Serum insulin-like growth factor type 1, insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1, and insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 concentrations in patients with thyroid dysfunctionP Iglesias
Department of Endocrinology, Hospital General de Segovia, Madrid, Spain
Thyroid 11:1043-8. 2001..01). The results of the present study show that thyroid status affects GH/IGF axis. Hypothyroidism is associated with significant reductions of IGF-1 and IGFBP-3, and IGFBP-1 is elevated in both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism...
- Acute in vivo elevation of insulin-like growth factor (IGF) binding protein-1 decreases plasma free IGF-I and muscle protein synthesisCharles H Lang
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Endocrinology 144:3922-33. 2003..Hence, elevations in circulating and tissue levels of IGFBP-1 may be an important mediator for the muscle catabolism observed in various stress conditions...
- Hypoxia regulates insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1 in human fetal hepatocytes in primary culture: suggestive molecular mechanisms for in utero fetal growth restriction caused by uteroplacental insufficiencyR M Popovici
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Stanford University Medical School, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:2653-9. 2001..The data support a role for the fetal liver as a source of elevated circulating levels of IGFBP-1 in fetuses with in utero hypoxia and IUGR...
- Regulation of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 promoter activity by FKHR and HOXA10 in primate endometrial cellsJ Julie Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine and VA Chicago Healthcare System West Side, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Biol Reprod 68:24-30. 2003..These studies show that FKHR and HOXA10 interact directly and can function cooperatively to stimulate IGFBP-1 promoter activity in endometrial cells and perhaps in other settings...
- Vascular endothelial function and blood pressure homeostasis in mice overexpressing IGF binding protein-1Stephen B Wheatcroft
Department of Cardiology, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Medicine, London, UK
Diabetes 52:2075-82. 2003..Our data suggest that IGFBP-1 plays an important and potentially beneficial role in regulating metabolic and vascular homeostasis...
- The regional expression of insulin-like growth factor II (IGF-II) and insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1) in the placentae of women with pre-eclampsiaR J Gratton
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, CIHR Group in Fetal and Neonatal Health and Development, The Child Health Research Institute, The Lawson Health Research Institute, The University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Placenta 23:303-10. 2002..The altered IGF-II and IGFBP-1 expression at the fetomaternal interface may be important in the pathophysiology of pre-eclampsia...
- Common genetic variation in IGF1, IGFBP-1, and IGFBP-3 in relation to mammographic density: a cross-sectional studyRulla M Tamimi
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 181 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Breast Cancer Res 9:R18. 2007....
- Serum levels of insulin-like growth factors (IGFs) and their binding proteins (IGFBPs), -1, -2, -3, in oral cancerG Brady
York Hospital, UK
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 36:259-62. 2007..Reported evidence suggests that cancer (non-oral) is associated with high circulating levels of IGF-1 and low levels of IGFBP-3...
- Elevated circulating insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 is sufficient to cause fetal growth restrictionCarole S Watson
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X5
Endocrinology 147:1175-86. 2006..5; P < 0.05). Thus, this model of FGR is associated with a larger placenta, but without postnatal catch-up growth. Overall, these data clearly demonstrate that high concentrations of circulating IGFBP-1 are sufficient to cause FGR...
- The insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1 gene is a primary target of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptorsTatjana Degenhardt
Department of Biochemistry and A I Virtanen Institute, University of Kuopio, FIN 70211 Kuopio, Finland
J Biol Chem 281:39607-19. 2006..We also show that these additional PPAR binding genes contain a number of candidate PPREs and that their mRNA levels respond quickly to the presence of PPAR ligands, indicating that they are also primary PPAR target genes...
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 stimulates cell migration and binds to the alpha 5 beta 1 integrin by means of its Arg-Gly-Asp sequenceJ I Jones
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599 7170
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:10553-7. 1993..The effect of IGFBP-1 on migration is independent of IGF-I and is probably mediated through the alpha 5 beta 1 integrin...
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress induction of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 involves ATF4Alexandre Marchand
INSERM UMR S 747, Universite Paris Descartes, 45 Rue des Saints Peres, 75270 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 281:19124-33. 2006..Increased secretion of IGFBP-1 during hepatic ER stress may thus constitute a signal to modulate cell growth and metabolism and induce a systemic adaptive response...
- Haplotype-based association studies of IGFBP1 and IGFBP3 with prostate and breast cancer risk: the multiethnic cohortIona Cheng
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics and Center for Human Genetics, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:1993-7. 2006..To examine whether inherited differences in the IGFBP1 and IGFBP3 genes influence prostate and breast cancer susceptibility, we conducted two large population-based ..
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein (IGFBP-1) involvement in intrauterine growth retardation: study on IGFBP-1 overexpressing transgenic miceNadia Ben Lagha
Laboratoire de Biologie Oro Faciale et Pathologie, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 714, Institut Biomedical des Cordeliers, 15 21 Rue de l Ecole de Médecine, 75006 Paris, France
Endocrinology 147:4730-7. 2006..Similar perturbations could be observed in human intrauterine growth retardation suggesting the IGF/IGFBP system is involved in fetal growth, biomineralization, and energetic status in humans...
- Structure and properties of the C-terminal domain of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 isolated from human amniotic fluidAlberto Sala
Department of Biochemistry A Castellani, University of Pavia, Italy
J Biol Chem 280:29812-9. 2005..Iron (II) decreases the binding of intact IGFBP-1 and the C-terminal domain to IGF-II, suggesting that the metal binding site is close to or part of the surface of interaction of the two molecules...
- Strong suppression of tumor growth by insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-related protein 1/tumor-derived cell adhesion factor/mac25Yuichiro Sato
Division of Cell Biology, Kihara Institute for Biological Research, Yokohama City University, 641 12 Maioka cho, Totsuka ku, Yokohama 244 0813, Japan
Cancer Sci 98:1055-63. 2007..Cell surface IGFBP-rP1 may reduce the anchorage-independent growth ability, leading to the marked loss of tumorigenicity...
- Insulin response sequence-dependent and -independent mechanisms mediate effects of insulin on glucocorticoid-stimulated insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 promoter activityLixia Gan
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago and Jesse Brown Veterans Affairs Medical Center, USA
Endocrinology 146:4274-80. 2005....
- The N-terminal disulfide linkages of human insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-6 (hIGFBP-6) and hIGFBP-1 are different as determined by mass spectrometryG M Neumann
Department of Biochemistry, LaTrobe University, Bundoora, Victoria 3083, Australia
J Biol Chem 274:14587-94. 1999..The N-terminal linkages of IGFBP-6 differ significantly from those of IGFBP-1 (and, by implication, the other IGFBPs), which could contribute to the distinctive IGF binding properties of IGFBP-6...
- Contiguous localization of the genes encoding human insulin-like growth factor binding proteins 1 (IGBP1) and 3 (IGBP3) on chromosome 7E Ehrenborg
Department of Clinical Genetics, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Genomics 12:497-502. 1992..Further characterization of the IGBP1 DNA sequence disclosed a duplication of the intron 3-exon 4 junction within the third intron. In addition, we report RFLPs for ApaLI and TaqI in the IGBP1 locus...
- Matrix metalloprotease-3 and -9 proteolyze insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1Hedley A Coppock
Endocrine Sciences, School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Biol Reprod 71:438-43. 2004..These findings suggest cleavage of IGFBP-1 as a novel mechanism in the control of placental development by matrix metalloproteases...
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 is independently affected by ethnicity, insulin sensitivity, and leptin in healthy, glucose-tolerant young menChoon F Liew
Department of Medicine, National University of Singapore, 5 Lower Kent Ridge Road, Singapore
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:1483-8. 2005..The presence of relative insulin resistance and low fasting IGFBP-1 levels in Asian Indians may contribute to their higher risk of developing diabetes and cardiovascular disease...
- Genetic determinants of circulating insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I, IGF binding protein (BP)-1, and IGFBP-3 levels in a multiethnic populationIona Cheng
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0794, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:3660-6. 2007..Both circulating levels and genetic variation of IGFs have been associated with cancer risk, yet the relationship between the two is not well understood...
- Insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2 ) and IGF-binding protein 1 (IGFBP1) gene variants are associated with overfeeding-induced metabolic changesO Ukkola
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University, 6400 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70808 4124, USA
Diabetologia 44:2231-6. 2001The aim of this study was to investigate the role of insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF1), IGF2, IGF binding protein 1 (IGFBP1) and IGFBP3 gene variants on the metabolic changes observed in response to a 100-day overfeeding protocol ..
- Insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-1 and IGF binding protein-1 and -3 in the follicular fluid of infertile patients with endometriosisJ S L Cunha-Filho
Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Hum Reprod 18:423-8. 2003..The objective of this present paper was to analyse the dosages of insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) and IGF binding protein-1 and 3 (IGFBP-1 and IGFBP-3) in the follicular fluid environment of infertile patients with endometriosis...
- Reduced IGFBP-1 is associated with thickening of the carotid wall in type 2 diabetesEeva S Leinonen
Department of Internal Medicine, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Diabetes Care 25:1807-12. 2002..The aim of the present study was to assess the role of the insulin-like growth factor (IGF) system and lipids in predicting the carotid intima-media thickness (IMT) in type 2 diabetes...
- IGF-1, IGFBP-1, and IGFBP-3 polymorphisms predict circulating IGF levels but not breast cancer risk: findings from the Breast and Prostate Cancer Cohort Consortium (BPC3)Alpa V Patel
Department of Epidemiology and Surveillance Research, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e2578. 2008..We comprehensively examined the association between common genetic variation in the IGF1, IGFBP1, and IGFBP3 genes in relation to circulating IGF-I and IGFBP-3 levels and breast cancer risk within the NCI Breast ..
- The prospective association of serum insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) and IGF-binding protein-1 levels with all cause and cardiovascular disease mortality in older adults: the Rancho Bernardo StudyGail A Laughlin
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla, California 92093 0607
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:114-20. 2004..We conclude that low baseline levels of IGF-I and IGFBP-1 increase the risk of fatal IHD among elderly men and women independent of prevalent IHD and CVD risk factors...
- Insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) and IGF binding protein-1 modulate prostate cancer cell growth and apoptosis: possible mediators for the effects of diet and exercise on cancer cell survivalTung H Ngo
Department of Physiological Science, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Endocrinology 144:2319-24. 2003..DE results in a decrease in serum IGF-I with increased IGFBP-1 in vivo that is associated with apoptosis and reduced LNCaP and LAPC-4 prostate cancer cell growth in vitro...
- Reproductive abnormalities in human insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 transgenic male micePascal Froment
Physiologie de la Reproduction et des Comportements, Unité Mixte de Recherche 6073, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Université F Rabelais de Tours, 37380 Nouzilly, France
Endocrinology 145:2080-91. 2004..Our observations are consistent with the idea that normal spermatogenesis and perhaps also steroidogenesis are dependent on the actions of sufficient concentrations of unbound IGF-I...
- Metabolic, anthropometric, and nutritional factors as predictors of circulating insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 levels in middle-aged and elderly menKatarina Wolk
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, SE 17177 Stockholm
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:1879-84. 2004..Our data suggest that metabolic, anthropometric, and nutritional factors are important determinants of IGFBP-1 levels in healthy men...
- Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 expression in cultured human bone cells: regulation by insulin and glucocorticoidC A Conover
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Endocrinology 137:3295-301. 1996..Insulin acts through insulin receptors on hOB cells. We postulate that IGFBP-1 produced by osteoblasts in vivo can modulate local actions of IGF on bone formation in response to changes in glucocorticoid and insulin concentrations...
- Regulation of homeobox A10 expression in the primate endometrium by progesterone and embryonic stimuliG B Godbole
National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health, Indian Council of Medical Research, JM Street, Parel, Mumbai 400012, India
Reproduction 134:513-23. 2007..In addition, the mRNA expression of HOXA11 and insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1 (IGFBP1) was evaluated by real-time PCR in these animals...
- Effects of insulin-like growth factors (IGF) on pancreatic islet function in IGF binding protein-1 transgenic miceS T Dheen
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Diabetologia 39:1249-54. 1996..Rather, the data suggest that the hyperglycaemia or local effects of IGFBP-1 over-expression results in a state of enhanced insulin secretion which persists under short-term in vitro culture conditions...
- Experimental murine endometriosis induces DNA methylation and altered gene expression in eutopic endometriumBanghyun Lee
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Biol Reprod 80:79-85. 2009..Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 (Igfbp1) mRNA was decreased in the endometriosis group...
- Body composition and circulating levels of insulin, insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 and growth hormone (GH)-binding protein affect the pharmacokinetics of GH in adults independently of ageTroels Krarup Hansen
Medical Department M Endocrinology and Diabetes, Aarhus University Hospital, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:2185-93. 2002....
- Inhibition of matrix metalloproteinases prevents the synthesis of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 during decidualization in the baboonZuzana Strakova
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612 7313, USA
Endocrinology 144:5339-46. 2003..Disruption of actin filaments enhances IGFBP-1 induction. Thus, our data imply that IL-1beta-induced MMPs and particularly MMP-3 may up-regulate IGFBP-1 by disrupting the actin cytoskeleton as a result of ECM degradation...
- dlk1 specifically interacts with insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 to modulate adipogenesis of 3T3-L1 cellsMaria Luisa Nueda
Department of Inorganic and Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Medical School, Regional Center for Biomedical Research, University of Castilla La Mancha, Avenida de Almansa 14, 02006 Albacete, Spain
J Mol Biol 379:428-42. 2008..strong and specific interaction between the protease-target dlk1 region and the non-IGF binding region of IGF binding protein 1 (IGFBP1), a protein that binds to IGFs and modulates their action...
- C-peptide, insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1, glycosylated hemoglobin, and the risk of distal colorectal adenoma in womenEsther K Wei
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:750-5. 2006..However, few studies have evaluated whether these factors are also associated with risk of colorectal adenoma, the main precursor lesion to colorectal cancer...
- Omeprazole stimulates the induction of human insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 through aryl hydrocarbon receptor activationIain A Murray
Center for Molecular Toxicology and Carcinogenesis, Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, 309A Life Sciences Bldg, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 324:1102-10. 2008..These data demonstrate that activation of hAhR by pharmaceuticals such as omeprazole can alter IGFBP-1 expression and thus may influence IGFBP-1-dependent physiological processes...
- Hoxa5 overexpression correlates with IGFBP1 upregulation and postnatal dwarfism: evidence for an interaction between Hoxa5 and Forkhead box transcription factorsIsabelle Foucher
CNRS UMR 8542, Ecole Normale Superieure, 46 rue d Ulm, 75230 Paris Cedex 05, France
Development 129:4065-74. 2002..present a liver phenotype illustrated by a 12-fold increase in liver insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 (IGFBP1) mRNA and a 50% decrease in liver insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF1) mRNA correlated with a 50% decrease in ..
- Serum glucocorticoids and adiponectin associate with insulin resistance in children born small for gestational ageS Tenhola
Department of Pediatrics, University of Kuopio and Kuopio University Hospital, PO Box 1777, FI 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Eur J Endocrinol 162:551-7. 2010..We aimed to investigate whether serum glucocorticoid parameters are related to IR in children born small for gestational age (SGA)...
- Circulating IGF binding protein-1 is inversely associated with leptin in non-obese men and obese postmenopausal womenS Soderberg
Department of Medicine, Umea University Hospital, Sweden
Eur J Endocrinol 144:283-90. 2001..We therefore examined the relationship between leptin, IGF-I, IGFBP-1, insulin and proinsulin in men and women with or without obesity in a population study...
- Polymerization of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1) potentiates IGF-I actions in placentaHiromi Shibuya
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Cell Physiol 226:434-9. 2011..These results suggest that progesterone might facilitate polymerization of decidua-secreted IGFBP-1 and increase IGF-I actions at feto-maternal interface, thereby stimulating trophoblast invasion of maternal uterus...
- A prospective study of C-peptide, insulin-like growth factor-I, insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1, and the risk of colorectal cancer in womenEsther K Wei
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 3rd Floor, 181 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:850-5. 2005..Although altering IGF-I levels may not be practical, the growing burden of obesity and consequently hyperinsulinemia, which seems increasingly important for colon cancer, may be a target for effective prevention...
- Metformin therapy increases insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 in hyperinsulinemic women with polycystic ovary syndromeLeszek Pawelczyk
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Karol Marcinkowski University of Medical Sciences, ul Polna 33, 60 535 Poznan, Poland
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 113:209-13. 2004..and increased levels of free insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I), presumably due to a decline in IGF binding protein 1 (IGFBP-1)...
- Systemic and renal growth hormone-IGF1 axis involvement in a mouse model of type 2 diabetesY Segev
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Diabetologia 50:1327-34. 2007..We therefore examined the endocrine and renal GH-IGF axis changes in db/db mice, a model of type 2 diabetes mellitus and nephropathy...
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 activates integrin-mediated intracellular signaling and migration in oligodendrocytesDaniel Chesik
Department of Neurology, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Neurochem 113:1319-30. 2010..Our results suggest that up-regulation of IGFBP-1 in oligodendrocytes in MS may serve two functions: (i) regulate IGF-1 actions, (ii) exert IGF-independent effects through its RGD sequence...
- Deficiency of PDK1 in liver results in glucose intolerance, impairment of insulin-regulated gene expression and liver failureAlfonso Mora
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, School of Life Sciences, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
Biochem J 385:639-48. 2005..Furthermore, three other insulin-controlled genes, namely IGFBP1 (insulin-like-growth-factor-binding protein-1), IRS2 (insulin receptor substrate 2) and glucokinase, were ..
- Zinc supplementation enhances hepatic regeneration by preserving hepatocyte nuclear factor-4alpha in mice subjected to long-term ethanol administrationXinqin Kang
Department of Medicine, University of Louisville School of Medicine, 511 South Floyd Street, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Am J Pathol 172:916-25. 2008..growth factor (HGF), insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I), insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 (IGFBP1), metallothionein (MT), and cyclin D1, as well as HNF-4alpha...
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 in the ruminant uterus: potential endometrial marker and regulator of conceptus elongationRebecca M Simmons
Department of Animal Science, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843, USA
Endocrinology 150:4295-305. 2009..in the ovine and bovine uterus; effects of P4 and IFNT on their expression in the ovine uterus; and effects of IGFBP1 on ovine trophectoderm cell proliferation, migration, and attachment...
- Phospholipase D1 as a key enzyme for decidualization in human endometrial stromal cellsMee Sup Yoon
Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine, Hanyang University, Seoul 133 791, Korea
Biol Reprod 76:250-8. 2007..morphology and produced significant amounts of prolactin (PRL) and insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1 (IGFBP1). Simultaneously, the activity and expression levels of PLD1 increased...
- Stimulation of IGF-binding protein-1 secretion by AMP-activated protein kinaseM S Lewitt
Department of Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, S 171 76, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 282:1126-31. 2001..001) and, in the presence of AICAR, was incompletely inhibited by insulin. In conclusion AMPK is identified as a novel regulatory pathway for IGFBP-1, stimulating secretion and blocking the inhibitory effect of insulin...
- Regulation of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 expression during agingKristina Rutkute
Department of Physiology, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, A B Chandler Medical Center, 800 Rose St, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 361:263-9. 2007....
- Kidney growth in normal and diabetic mice is not affected by human insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 administrationVesna Cingel-Ristic
Laboratory of Pediatrics, Subdivision of Molecular Endocrinology, Room Ee1500, Erasmus MC, PO Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 230:135-43. 2005..It has been suggested that IGF-I is trapped in the kidney by IGF binding protein 1 (IGFBP-1)...
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription (Stat) 5b-mediated inhibition of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 gene transcription: a mechanism for repression of gene expression by growth hormoneMitsuru Ono
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 Southwest Sam Jackson Road, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Mol Endocrinol 21:1443-57. 2007....
- Regulation of hepatic insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 gene expression by insulin: central role for mammalian target of rapamycin independent of forkhead box O proteinsCatherine Mounier
Polypeptide Hormone Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Endocrinology 147:2383-91. 2006..In conclusion, we have found that in rat liver, insulin inhibition of IGFBP-1 mRNA levels can occur in the absence of the phosphorylation of Foxo1/Foxo3, whereas activation of the mTOR pathway is both necessary and sufficient...
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 as a novel specific marker of hepatic insulin sensitivityAnna Kotronen
Department of Medicine, Division of Diabetes, University of Helsinki, P O Box 700, Room C425B, FIN 00029 HUCH, Helsinki, Finland
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:4867-72. 2008The liver is the main source and insulin the main regulator of IGF binding protein 1 (IGFBP-1) in humans...
- Cell stress gives a red light to the mitochondrial cell death pathwayM Eugenia Guicciardi
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Sci Signal 1:pe9. 2008..It appears that p53-mediated induction of the gene that encodes insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 (IGFBP1) attenuates the cell death response in hepatocytes by preventing the formation of a complex between p53 and the ..
- Circulating insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 and the risk of pancreatic cancerBrian M Wolpin
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Res 67:7923-8. 2007..30; 95% CI, 1.48-7.35). Among participants in four U.S. prospective cohort studies, low plasma IGFBP-1 levels significantly predicted an increased risk of pancreatic cancer...
- Expressions of hepatic genes, especially IGF-binding protein-1, correlating with serum corticosterone in microarray analysisR Y S Cheng
Laboratory of Comparative Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Building 538, Ft Detrick, Frederick, Maryland 21701, USA
J Mol Endocrinol 32:257-78. 2004....
- Progesterone decreases bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) 7 expression and BMP7 inhibits decidualization and proliferation in endometrial stromal cellsAko Kodama
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Hum Reprod 25:751-6. 2010..In the present study, we examined the expression of BMP7 in the endometrium and the effect of BMP7 on decidualization and proliferation of endometrial stromal cells (ESC)...
- Progestagenic effects of tibolone are target gene-specific in human endometrial cellsWei Zhang
Department of Obstetrics Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine, SUNY Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York 11794, USA
J Soc Gynecol Investig 13:459-65. 2006..The purpose of the current study was to determine the progestagenic actions of Tib and its metabolites using target genes known to be regulated by progestins in human endometrial glandular and stromal cells...
- Altered expression of HOXA10 in endometriosis: potential role in decidualizationJ Julie Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Mol Hum Reprod 13:323-32. 2007..baboons with endometriosis expressed significantly higher levels of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 (IGFBP1) mRNA than disease-free animals in response to estradiol, medroxyprogesterone acetate and dibutyryl cAMP (H + ..
- Autocrine prolactin inhibits human uterine decidualization: a novel role for prolactinOri Eyal
Division of Endocrinology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati School of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
Biol Reprod 76:777-83. 2007..significantly lower levels of mRNA for the genes that encode insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 (IGFBP1), left-right determination factor 2 (LEFTY2), PRL, decorin (DCN), and laminin alpha 1 (LAMA1), all of which are ..
- Human transcriptional coactivator with PDZ-binding motif (TAZ) is downregulated during decidualizationZuzana Strakova
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Biol Reprod 82:1112-8. 2010..start site) of the genomic region of decidualization marker insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1 (IGFBP1) in HuF cells as detected by chromatin immunoprecipitation...
- Analysis of hepatic gene transcription in mice expressing insulin-insensitive GSK3Christopher Lipina
Division of Pathology and Neurosciences, University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee DD1 9SY, Scotland, UK
Biochem J 392:633-9. 2005..of the gluconeogenic genes PEPCK (phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase), G6Pase (glucose-6-phosphatase), as well as IGFBP1 (insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1)...
- Sex hormone regulation of survivin gene expressionNancy H Nabilsi
Department of Integrative Biology and Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center Houston, 6431 Fannin Street, MSB 5 132A, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Endocrinol 207:237-43. 2010..Quantitative RT-PCR analysis was used to determine survivin, insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 (IGFBP1), Ki67, and IGF1 gene expression levels...
- Ochratoxin a lowers mRNA levels of genes encoding for key proteins of liver cell metabolismChristoph Hundhausen
Institute of Human Nutrition and Food Science, Christian Albrechts University, Kiel, Germany
Cancer Genomics Proteomics 5:319-32. 2008..5 micromol/l OTA was evident for the mRNA levels of insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 (IGFBP1) and tubulin beta 1 (TUBB1) which have been demonstrated to function as a pro-survival factor in hepatocytes and ..
- An antibody profile of systemic lupus erythematosus detected by antigen microarrayIttai Fattal
Department of Nephrology, Rabin Medical Center, Petach Tikva, Israel
Immunology 130:337-43. 2010..IgM reactivities to myeloperoxidase (MPO), CD99, collagen III, insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 (IGFBP1) and cardiolipin...
- Insulin-like growth factors in breast cancerS I Helle
Department of Oncology, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Acta Oncol 35:19-22. 1996....
- Interactions of thyroid hormones; insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1), IGF binding proteins, and nutritional anthropometric parameters in school children with goiter detected by palpationB Ersoy
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Pediatrics, Medical School, Celal Bayar University, Manisa
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 117:490-5. 2009....
- Free insulin-like growth factor 1 in the vitreous fluid of diabetic patients with proliferative diabetic retinopathy: a case-control studyRafael Simo
Division of Endocrinology, Hospital General Vall d Hebron, Barcelona 08035, Spain
Clin Sci (Lond) 104:223-30. 2003..In addition, these findings support the concept that intraocular-produced free IGF-1 plays a relevant role in retinal homoeostasis...
- Serum levels of insulin-like growth factor-1 and insulin-like growth factor-1 binding proteins after radical prostatectomyGlenn J Bubley
Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Urol 168:2249-52. 2002..In fact, it is possible that altered levels of these proteins observed in subjects at risk for prostate cancer are the result of prostate cancer rather than related to its cause...
- Developmental changes in serum levels of free and total insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I), IGF-binding protein-1 and -3, and the acid-labile subunit in ratsJ Frystyk
Institute of Experimental Clinical Research, Medical Research Laboratories, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Endocrinology 139:4286-92. 1998..However, in humans the adult level of fIGF-I rarely exceeds 0.3 nmol/liter, and IGFBP-1 usually circulates in excess of fIGF-I. Thus, our results also imply species differences in the IGF systems of humans and rats...
- Met proto-oncogene and insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3 overexpression correlates with metastatic ability in well-differentiated pancreatic endocrine neoplasmsDonna E Hansel
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:6152-8. 2004..Several classes of genes, including growth factors and growth factor-related molecules (IGFBP1, IGFBP3, and MET), developmental factors (TBX3 and MEIS2), cytoskeletal factors (beta 1 tubulin and ACTN2), ..
- Sexual dimorphism of cortisol metabolism is maintained in elderly subjects and is not oestrogen dependentA A Toogood
Department of Endocrinology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, UK
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 52:61-6. 2000..The aim of this study is to determine whether the sexual dimorphism of cortisol metabolism persists between post-menopausal, oestrogen-deficient women and elderly men...
- Quantification and localization of the IGF/insulin system expression in retinal blood vessels and neurons during oxygen-induced retinopathy in miceChatarina Lofqvist
Department of Ophthalmology, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:1831-7. 2009..Retinopathy is a result of pathologic angiogenesis influenced by insulinlike growth factor (IGF)-1. The authors examined the local expression of the IGF/insulin family...
- Differential expression of insulin-like growth factors I and II (IGF I and II), mRNA, peptide and binding protein 1 during mouse palate development: comparison with TGF beta peptide distributionM W Ferguson
Department of Cell and Structural Biology, University of Manchester, UK
J Anat 181:219-38. 1992..expression of the genes for insulin-like growth factors (IGF I and II), the peptides they encode, and the IGF binding protein 1 (IGF BP-1) during murine palatogenesis (embryonic days (E) 12-15)...
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF IGF BINDING PROTEIN 1Terry Unterman; Fiscal Year: 1999..The results of these studies should provide insight into specific mechanisms by which glucocorticoids and insulin interact to regulate hepatic gene expression and modulate biological effects of IGFs in disorders of metabolism. ..
- REVERSAL OF DECLINE OF GH SECRETION OF AGINGMichael Thorner; Fiscal Year: 2002..adults with increased visceral fat, administration of metformin, a biguanide, for 4 weeks will lower insulin levels without changing blood glucose, will increase circulating IGFBP1 levels and thus enhance GH secretion in older adults.
- Obesity and Diabetes Familial Risk in Hispanic ChildrenNancy F Butte; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this project, we propose to identify variants in genes that influence fasting glucose, insulin, ghrelin and IGFBP1 in Hispanic children...
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF IGF BINDING PROTEIN 1Terry Unterman; Fiscal Year: 2003..Hence, IGFBP1 provides an important model for understanding evolutionarily conserved mechanisms mediating effects of insulin-..
- Modulators of liver injuryJULIE I JU LEU; Fiscal Year: 2007..to play a role during liver repair and regeneration is the Insulin-like Growth Factor Binding Protein-1 (IGFBP1)...
- p53 and pathways of apoptosisDONNA GEORGE; Fiscal Year: 2007..discovery of a functional link between a liver survival factor, insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 (IGFBP1), and the p53 protein...
- Treatment of Breast Cancer with IGFBP1Douglas Yee; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our long-term goal is to prove that the IGFs are key targets for the treatment of breast cancer. By optimizing IGF neutralization strategies, we will be prepared to move this anti-IGF strategy into the clinic. ..
- p53 and pathways of apoptosisDonna L George; Fiscal Year: 2010..discovery of a functional link between a liver survival factor, insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 (IGFBP1), and the p53 protein...
- Insulin Resistance and Adenomas of the ColorectumSteven Haffner; Fiscal Year: 2003..Serum samples will be assayed for insulin, IGF-1, IGFBP1, and IGFBP3 levels for all cohort members at both the time of colonoscopy, as well as at the time of two earlier ..
- Insulin Resistance and Adenomas of the ColorectumMohammed Saad; Fiscal Year: 2003..Serum samples will be assayed for insulin, IGF-1, IGFBP1, and IGFBP3 levels for all cohort members at both the time of colonoscopy, as well as at the time of two earlier ..
- Gender differences in Bone Loss and Incident FracturesElizabeth Barrett Connor; Fiscal Year: 2007..Recently completed assays performed on blood obtained at earlier visits include IGF-1, IGFBP1, IL-6, C-reactive protein, PTH and 25 OH and 1,25 (OH)2 vitamin D...
- CENTER FOR DIGESTIVE AND LIVER DISEASESAnil Rustgi; Fiscal Year: 2007..culture model of Barrett's esophagus; (3) Hematopoietic contribution to the gut vasculature; and (4) A p53/IGFBP1 regulatory circuit and liver cancer...
- Obesity and Diabetes Familial Risk in Hispanic ChildrenNancy Butte; Fiscal Year: 2009..In this project, we propose to identify variants in genes that influence fasting glucose, insulin, ghrelin and IGFBP1 in Hispanic children...
- Postprandial glycemic response to 4-week low and high glycemic load dietsMarian Neuhouser; Fiscal Year: 2007..eight hours of serial blood draws to assess the protracted postprandial response of insulin, glucose, IGFI, IGFII, IGFBP1, IGFBP3, free fatty acids, and triglycerides...
- CYTOKINE REGULATION OF IGF SYSTEM DURING INFECTIONCharles Lang; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- TARGETING THE IGF SYSTEM IN BREAST CANCERDouglas Yee; Fiscal Year: 2002..The IGF system appears to be at least equally important in stimulating breast cancer growth, and demonstrating targetable points in its functional pathway could well have an equally valuable impact on overall breast cancer treatment. ..