Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IFT81
Description: intraflagellar transport 81
Alias: CDV-1, CDV-1R, CDV1, CDV1R, DV1, SRTD19, intraflagellar transport protein 81 homolog, carnitine deficiency-associated gene expressed in ventricle 1, carnitine deficiency-associated protein expressed in ventricle 1
- Kubo T, Brown J, Bellve K, Craige B, Craft J, Fogarty K, et al. Together, the IFT81 and IFT74 N-termini form the main module for intraflagellar transport of tubulin. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:2106-19 pubmed publisher..Recent in vitro studies have suggested that, together, the calponin-homology domain within the IFT81 N-terminus and the highly basic N-terminus of IFT74 form a module for IFT of tubulin...
- Bhogaraju S, Weber K, Engel B, Lechtreck K, Lorentzen E. Getting tubulin to the tip of the cilium: one IFT train, many different tubulin cargo-binding sites?. Bioessays. 2014;36:463-7 pubmed publisher..study using purified IFT complexes has identified a tubulin-binding module in the two core IFT proteins IFT74 and IFT81 that likely serves to bind and transport tubulin within cilia...
- Zhang W, Taylor S, Nevarez L, Lachman R, Nickerson D, Bamshad M, et al. IFT52 mutations destabilize anterograde complex assembly, disrupt ciliogenesis and result in short rib polydactyly syndrome. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:4012-4020 pubmed publisher..mutant cells synthesized a significantly reduced amount of IFT52 protein, leading to reduced synthesis of IFT74, IFT81, IFT88 and ARL13B, other key anterograde complex members...
- Zhang Y, Liu H, Li W, Zhang Z, Shang X, Zhang D, et al. Intraflagellar transporter protein (IFT27), an IFT25 binding partner, is essential for male fertility and spermiogenesis in mice. Dev Biol. 2017;432:125-139 pubmed publisher..Some sperm flagella also lost cell membrane. Levels of IFT25 and IFT81 were significantly reduced in the testis of the conditional Ift27 knockout mice, and levels of IFT20, IFT74, and ..
- Xin D, Christopher K, Zeng L, Kong Y, Weatherbee S. IFT56 regulates vertebrate developmental patterning by maintaining IFTB complex integrity and ciliary microtubule architecture. Development. 2017;144:1544-1553 pubmed publisher..core IFTB proteins are unable to accumulate normally within Ift56hop cilia, including IFT88, IFT81 and IFT27, which are crucial for key processes such as tubulin transport and Shh signaling...
- Kanie T, Abbott K, Mooney N, Plowey E, Demeter J, JACKSON P. The CEP19-RABL2 GTPase Complex Binds IFT-B to Initiate Intraflagellar Transport at the Ciliary Base. Dev Cell. 2017;42:22-36.e12 pubmed publisher..Activated RABL2B then captures and releases its single effector, the intraflagellar transport B holocomplex, from the large pool of pre-docked IFT-B complexes, and thus initiates ciliary entry of IFT. ..
- Bhogaraju S, Cajanek L, Fort C, Blisnick T, Weber K, Taschner M, et al. Molecular basis of tubulin transport within the cilium by IFT74 and IFT81. Science. 2013;341:1009-12 pubmed publisher..Here, we found that the two core IFT proteins IFT74 and IFT81 form a tubulin-binding module and mapped the interaction to a calponin homology domain of IFT81 and a highly basic ..
- Dharmat R, Liu W, Ge Z, Sun Z, Yang L, Li Y, et al. IFT81 as a Candidate Gene for Nonsyndromic Retinal Degeneration. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:2483-2490 pubmed publisherb>IFT81, a core component of the IFT-B complex, involved in the bidirectional transport of ciliary proteins, has been recently implicated in syndromic ciliopathies...
- Peng J, Yu L, Horiuchi M, Zhang P, Huang X, Zhang Y, et al. Identification of human CDV-1R and mouse Cdv-1R, two novel proteins with putative signal peptides, especially highly expressed in testis and increased with the male sex maturation. Mol Biol Rep. 2002;29:353-62 pubmed..In addition, it was proved that the expression level of Cdv-1R in JVS mouse testis was as high as that in normal mouse testis, and both were not regulated by carnitine. ..
- Durán I, Taylor S, Zhang W, Martin J, Forlenza K, Spiro R, et al. Destabilization of the IFT-B cilia core complex due to mutations in IFT81 causes a Spectrum of Short-Rib Polydactyly Syndrome. Sci Rep. 2016;6:34232 pubmed publisher..Herein we describe a new spectrum of SRPS caused by mutations in the gene IFT81, a key component of the IFT-B complex essential for anterograde transport...
- Higashi M, Kobayashi K, Iijima M, Wakana S, Horiuchi M, Yasuda T, et al. Genomic organization and mapping of mouse CDV (carnitine deficiency-associated gene expressed in ventricle)-1 and its related CDV-1R gene. Mamm Genome. 2000;11:1053-7 pubmed..All these data revealed that two mRNA species, CDV-1 and CDV-1R, are expressed tissue-specifically by using promoters peculiar to each transcript in a single gene. ..
- Perrault I, Halbritter J, Porath J, Gerard X, Braun D, Gee H, et al. IFT81, encoding an IFT-B core protein, as a very rare cause of a ciliopathy phenotype. J Med Genet. 2015;52:657-65 pubmed publisher..Consequently, we identified a homozygous mutation in IFT81 affecting an obligatory donor splice site in an individual with nephronophthisis and polydactyly...
- Nishijima Y, Hagiya Y, Kubo T, Takei R, Katoh Y, Nakayama K. RABL2 interacts with the intraflagellar transport-B complex and CEP19 and participates in ciliary assembly. Mol Biol Cell. 2017;28:1652-1666 pubmed publisher..show that RABL2 interacts, in its GTP-bound state, with the intraflagellar transport (IFT)-B complex via the IFT74-IFT81 heterodimer and that the interaction is disrupted by a mutation found in male infertile mice (Mot mice) ..