Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IFT74
Description: intraflagellar transport 74
Alias: BBS20, CCDC2, CMG-1, CMG1, intraflagellar transport protein 74 homolog, capillary morphogenesis gene 1 protein, capillary morphogenesis protein 1, coiled-coil domain containing 2, coiled-coil domain-containing protein 2, intraflagellar transport 74 homolog
- Kanie T, Abbott K, Mooney N, Plowey E, Demeter J, JACKSON P. The CEP19-RABL2 GTPase Complex Binds IFT-B to Initiate Intraflagellar Transport at the Ciliary Base. Dev Cell. 2017;42:22-36.e12 pubmed publisher..Activated RABL2B then captures and releases its single effector, the intraflagellar transport B holocomplex, from the large pool of pre-docked IFT-B complexes, and thus initiates ciliary entry of IFT. ..
- Zhang Y, Liu H, Li W, Zhang Z, Shang X, Zhang D, et al. Intraflagellar transporter protein (IFT27), an IFT25 binding partner, is essential for male fertility and spermiogenesis in mice. Dev Biol. 2017;432:125-139 pubmed publisher..and IFT81 were significantly reduced in the testis of the conditional Ift27 knockout mice, and levels of IFT20, IFT74, and IFT140 were not changed...
- Bhogaraju S, Weber K, Engel B, Lechtreck K, Lorentzen E. Getting tubulin to the tip of the cilium: one IFT train, many different tubulin cargo-binding sites?. Bioessays. 2014;36:463-7 pubmed publisher..A recent study using purified IFT complexes has identified a tubulin-binding module in the two core IFT proteins IFT74 and IFT81 that likely serves to bind and transport tubulin within cilia...
- Xiao S, Sato C, Kawarai T, Goodall E, Pall H, Zinman L, et al. Genetic studies of GRN and IFT74 in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Neurobiol Aging. 2008;29:1279-82 pubmed..We evaluated the majority of known genetic variability in IFT74 and GRN...
- Momeni P, Schymick J, Jain S, Cookson M, Cairns N, Greggio E, et al. Analysis of IFT74 as a candidate gene for chromosome 9p-linked ALS-FTD. BMC Neurol. 2006;6:44 pubmed..locus revealed the presence of a disease segregating stop mutation (Q342X) in the intraflagellar transport 74 (IFT74) gene in family 476 (F476), but no mutation was detected within IFT74 in family 2 (F2)...
- Zhang W, Taylor S, Nevarez L, Lachman R, Nickerson D, Bamshad M, et al. IFT52 mutations destabilize anterograde complex assembly, disrupt ciliogenesis and result in short rib polydactyly syndrome. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:4012-4020 pubmed publisher..IFT52 mutant cells synthesized a significantly reduced amount of IFT52 protein, leading to reduced synthesis of IFT74, IFT81, IFT88 and ARL13B, other key anterograde complex members...
- Priya S, Nampoothiri S, Sen P, Sripriya S. Bardet-Biedl syndrome: Genetics, molecular pathophysiology, and disease management. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2016;64:620-627 pubmed publisher..The disease mapped to at least twenty different genes (BBS1-BBS20), follow oligogenic inheritance pattern...
- Iomini C, Tejada K, Mo W, Vaananen H, Piperno G. Primary cilia of human endothelial cells disassemble under laminar shear stress. J Cell Biol. 2004;164:811-7 pubmed..Under LSS, all primary cilia disassembled, and centrosomes were deprived of CMG-1. We conclude that the exposure to LSS ends the IFT in cultured endothelial cells. ..