Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IFNB1
Description: interferon beta 1
Alias: IFB, IFF, IFN-beta, IFNB, interferon beta, fibroblast interferon, interferon, beta 1, fibroblast, interferon-beta
Publications103 found, 100 shown here
- Hotter D, Kirchhoff F, Sauter D. HIV-1 Vpu does not degrade interferon regulatory factor 3. J Virol. 2013;87:7160-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, Vpu suppresses innate immune activation through inhibition of NF-?B rather than degradation of IRF-3. ..
- Fiers W, Remaut E, Devos R, Cheroutre H, Contreras R, Gheysen D, et al. The human fibroblast and human immune interferon genes and their expression in homologous and heterologous cells. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 1982;299:29-38 pubmedThe genetic information coding for human fibroblast interferon (IFN-beta) has been cloned both as a DNA copy (cDNA) and as a genomic clone...
- Strahle L, Garcin D, Kolakofsky D. Sendai virus defective-interfering genomes and the activation of interferon-beta. Virology. 2006;351:101-11 pubmed
- Mangino G, Percario Z, Fiorucci G, Vaccari G, Manrique S, Romeo G, et al. In vitro treatment of human monocytes/macrophages with myristoylated recombinant Nef of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 leads to the activation of mitogen-activated protein kinases, IkappaB kinases, and interferon regulatory factor 3 and to the r. J Virol. 2007;81:2777-91 pubmed..In addition, we have observed the activation of interferon regulatory factor 3, leading to the synthesis of beta interferon mRNA and protein, which in turn induces STAT2 phosphorylation. All of these effects require Nef myristoylation. ..
- Komatsu T, Takeuchi K, Gotoh B. Bovine parainfluenza virus type 3 accessory proteins that suppress beta interferon production. Microbes Infect. 2007;9:954-62 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the target of the respirovirus C protein is undoubtedly different from that of the V protein. ..
- Panne D, Maniatis T, Harrison S. An atomic model of the interferon-beta enhanceosome. Cell. 2007;129:1111-23 pubmed..Contacts with virtually every nucleotide pair account for the evolutionary invariance of the enhancer sequence. ..
- Walsh R, Kong S, Yao Y, Jallal B, Kiener P, Pinkus J, et al. Type I interferon-inducible gene expression in blood is present and reflects disease activity in dermatomyositis and polymyositis. Arthritis Rheum. 2007;56:3784-92 pubmed..Although PM and IBM have been modeled as having similar immunologic processes occurring within muscle, there are substantial differences in the expression of IFNalpha/beta-inducible genes in blood in these diseases. ..
- van Baarsen L, Vosslamber S, Tijssen M, Baggen J, van der Voort L, Killestein J, et al. Pharmacogenomics of interferon-beta therapy in multiple sclerosis: baseline IFN signature determines pharmacological differences between patients. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e1927 pubmed publisher..These data imply that the expression levels of IFN response genes in the peripheral blood of MS patients prior to treatment could serve a role as biomarker for the differential clinical response to IFNbeta. ..
- Higgs R, Ní Gabhann J, Ben Larbi N, Breen E, Fitzgerald K, Jefferies C. The E3 ubiquitin ligase Ro52 negatively regulates IFN-beta production post-pathogen recognition by polyubiquitin-mediated degradation of IRF3. J Immunol. 2008;181:1780-6 pubmed..Collectively, this demonstrates a novel role for Ro52 in turning off and thus limiting IRF3-dependent type I IFN production by targeting the transcription factor for polyubiquitination and subsequent proteasomal degradation. ..
- Oshiumi H, Matsumoto M, Hatakeyama S, Seya T. Riplet/RNF135, a RING finger protein, ubiquitinates RIG-I to promote interferon-beta induction during the early phase of viral infection. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:807-17 pubmed publisher..We infer that a variety of RIG-I-ubiquitinating molecular complexes sustain RIG-I activation to modulate RNA virus replication in the cytoplasm. ..
- Oshiumi H, Sakai K, Matsumoto M, Seya T. DEAD/H BOX 3 (DDX3) helicase binds the RIG-I adaptor IPS-1 to up-regulate IFN-beta-inducing potential. Eur J Immunol. 2010;40:940-8 pubmed publisher..Forced expression of DDX3 augmented virus-mediated IFN-beta induction and host cell protection against virus infection. Hence, DDX3 is an antiviral IPS-1 enhancer. ..
- Hesse D, Krakauer M, Lund H, Søndergaard H, Limborg S, Sørensen P, et al. Disease protection and interleukin-10 induction by endogenous interferon-? in multiple sclerosis?. Eur J Neurol. 2011;18:266-72 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that endogenous IFN-? may induce the expression of immunoregulatory IL10 in MS and that this might be associated with dampening of inflammatory disease activity. ..
- Ramgolam V, Sha Y, Marcus K, Choudhary N, Troiani L, Chopra M, et al. B cells as a therapeutic target for IFN-? in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. J Immunol. 2011;186:4518-26 pubmed publisher..We conclude that IFN-?-1b exerts its therapeutic effects in part by targeting B cells' functions that contribute to the autoimmune pathogenesis of RR MS. ..
- Gonzalez Navajas J, Lee J, David M, Raz E. Immunomodulatory functions of type I interferons. Nat Rev Immunol. 2012;12:125-35 pubmed publisher..We discuss their function in the regulation of innate and adaptive immune responses, the response to bacterial ligands, inflammasome activation, intestinal homeostasis and inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. ..
- Lee Y, Song B, Park C, Kwon K. TRIM11 negatively regulates IFN? production and antiviral activity by targeting TBK1. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63255 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that TRIM11 inhibits RIG-I-mediated IFN? production by targeting the TBK1 signaling complex. ..
- Jarius S, Kleiter I, Ruprecht K, Asgari N, Pitarokoili K, Borisow N, et al. MOG-IgG in NMO and related disorders: a multicenter study of 50 patients. Part 3: Brainstem involvement - frequency, presentation and outcome. J Neuroinflammation. 2016;13:281 pubmed
- Jarius S, Ruprecht K, Kleiter I, Borisow N, Asgari N, Pitarokoili K, et al. MOG-IgG in NMO and related disorders: a multicenter study of 50 patients. Part 2: Epidemiology, clinical presentation, radiological and laboratory features, treatment responses, and long-term outcome. J Neuroinflammation. 2016;13:280 pubmed..The predominantly relapsing and often severe disease course and the short median time to second attack support the use of prophylactic long-term treatments in patients with MOG-IgG-positive ON and/or myelitis. ..
- Roy A, Dutta D, Iqbal J, Pisano G, Gjyshi O, Ansari M, et al. Nuclear Innate Immune DNA Sensor IFI16 Is Degraded during Lytic Reactivation of Kaposi's Sarcoma-Associated Herpesvirus (KSHV): Role of IFI16 in Maintenance of KSHV Latency. J Virol. 2016;90:8822-41 pubmed publisher..Epstein-Barr virus [EBV], and herpes simplex virus 1 [HSV-1]) genomes and induces the inflammasome and interferon beta responses...
- Ming H, Lan Y, He F, Xiao X, Zhou X, Zhang Z, et al. Cytochrome b5 reductase 2 suppresses tumor formation in nasopharyngeal carcinoma by attenuating angiogenesis. Chin J Cancer. 2015;34:459-67 pubmed publisher..regulatory subunit 1 (PIK3R1), integrin beta 3 (ITGB3), metastasis suppressor 1 (MTSS1), interferon beta 1 (IFNB1), and cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2A (CDKN2A) and down-regulated levels of integrin beta 5 (..
- Montazeri M, Sanchez Lopez J, Caballero I, Maslehat Lay N, Elliott S, LÃ³pez MartÃn S, et al. Activation of Toll-like receptor 3 reduces actin polymerization and adhesion molecule expression in endometrial cells, a potential mechanism for viral-induced implantation failure. Hum Reprod. 2015;30:893-905 pubmed publisher..This research was supported by the COST Action FA1201 (GEMINI) by granting a Short Term Scientific Mission and the Instituto de Salud Carlos III by granting Grant PI11/01645. The authors have no conflict of interest to declare. ..
- Gou Z, Jiang S, Zheng C, Tian Z, Lin X. Equol Inhibits LPS-Induced Oxidative Stress and Enhances the Immune Response in Chicken HD11 Macrophages. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2015;36:611-21 pubmed..and interleukin-1 beta (IL-1Î²), and contents of the cytokines TNFÎ±, IL-1Î², interleukin-2 (IL-2) and interferon beta (IFNÎ²)...
- Kozik A, Karkowska Kuleta J, Zajac D, Bocheńska O, Kedracka Krok S, Jankowska U, et al. Fibronectin-, vitronectin- and laminin-binding proteins at the cell walls of Candida parapsilosis and Candida tropicalis pathogenic yeasts. BMC Microbiol. 2015;15:197 pubmed publisher..albicans adhesins from the Als, Hwp and Iff/Hyr families; and (2) atypical (cytoplasm-derived) surface-exposed proteins, including malate synthase, glucose-6-..
- Morris G, Lowe C, Cooper J, Payne F, Vella A, Godfrey L, et al. Polymorphism discovery and association analyses of the interferon genes in type 1 diabetes. BMC Genet. 2006;7:12 pubmed..between T1D and three regions encompassing 13 interferon alpha (IFNA) genes, interferon omega-1 (IFNW1), interferon beta-1 (IFNB1), interferon gamma (IFNG) and the interferon consensus-sequence binding protein 1 (ICSBP1)...
- Gibbons E, Promislow S, Davies R, Chandy G, Stewart D, Vladamir C, et al. Reversible pulmonary arterial hypertension associated with interferon-beta treatment for multiple sclerosis. Can Respir J. 2015;22:263-5 pubmed..At 28 months after diagnosis, she remains asymptomatic with no hemodynamic evidence of PAH and has been off all PAH therapy for 10 months. ..
- Kruys V, Wathelet M, Poupart P, Contreras R, Fiers W, Content J, et al. The 3' untranslated region of the human interferon-beta mRNA has an inhibitory effect on translation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1987;84:6030-4 pubmed..Remarkably, we observed no difference in translation level when the different mRNAs were tested in a wheat germ extract. ..
- Hong J, Tejada Simon M, Rivera V, Zang Y, Zhang J. Anti-viral properties of interferon beta treatment in patients with multiple sclerosis. Mult Scler. 2002;8:237-42 pubmed..It has been speculated that the treatment efficacy of interferon beta (IFN beta) in MS may relate to its anti-viral properties...
- Malhotra S, Bustamante M, Pérez Miralles F, Rio J, Ruiz de Villa M, Vegas E, et al. Search for specific biomarkers of IFN? bioactivity in patients with multiple sclerosis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23634 pubmed publisher..0004). We propose specific biomarkers that may be considered in addition to the MxA to evaluate IFN? bioactivity, and to further explore their implication in MS pathogenesis. ..
- Bist P, Kim S, Pulloor N, McCaffrey K, Nair S, Liu Y, et al. ArfGAP Domain-Containing Protein 2 (ADAP2) Integrates Upstream and Downstream Modules of RIG-I Signaling and Facilitates Type I Interferon Production. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..This study provides important novel insights into the assembly and integration of different modules of antiviral signaling cascades. ..
- Drulovic J, Cukić M, Grgic S, Dincic E, Raicevic R, Nadj C, et al. The impact of betaplus program on patient treatment satisfaction with interferon beta-1b in multiple sclerosis: Multicentric cross-sectional survey in the western Balkan countries. Mult Scler Relat Disord. 2017;11:56-61 pubmed publisher..The aims of our study were to assess TS in subjects with relapsing-remitting (RR) MS treated with IFN beta-1b in Serbia, Montenegro and the Republika Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina (B&H), and additionally, to ..
- Alsahebfosoul F, Rahimmanesh I, Shajarian M, Etemadifar M, Sedaghat N, Hejazi Z, et al. Interleukin-33 plasma levels in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. Biomol Concepts. 2017;8:55-60 pubmed publisher..MS (RRMS), including patients without treatment (new identified cases, n=16) and those treated with interferon beta (IFN-?) (n=28). The plasma levels of IL-33 in subjects were measured with ELISA...
- Solaro C, Gamberini G, Masuccio F. Depression in Multiple Sclerosis: Epidemiology, Aetiology, Diagnosis and Treatment. CNS Drugs. 2018;32:117-133 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss the diagnosis, prevalence, pathogenesis, clinical aspects, magnetic resonance imaging findings and treatments available in patients experiencing multiple sclerosis-related depression. ..
- Tanaka T, Sugaya S, Kita K, Arai M, Kanda T, Fujii K, et al. Inhibition of cell viability by human IFN-? is mediated by microRNA-431. Int J Oncol. 2012;40:1470-6 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we propose that, in RSa cells, HuIFN-?-induced miR-431 expression may down-regulate IGF1R and IRS2 expression, and consequently inhibit cell proliferation by suppressing the MAPK pathway. ..
- Boyapalle S, Wong T, Garay J, TENG M, San Juan Vergara H, Mohapatra S, et al. Respiratory syncytial virus NS1 protein colocalizes with mitochondrial antiviral signaling protein MAVS following infection. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29386 pubmed publisher..Together, these results demonstrate that NS1 binds to MAVS and that this binding inhibits the MAVS-RIG-I interaction required for IFN production. ..
- Zhang Z, Zheng Z, Luo H, Meng J, Li H, Li Q, et al. Human bocavirus NP1 inhibits IFN-? production by blocking association of IFN regulatory factor 3 with IFNB promoter. J Immunol. 2012;189:1144-53 pubmed publisher..NP1 bound to the DNA-binding domain of IRF-3, resulting in the interruption of an association between IRF-3 and IFNB promoter. Altogether, our results indicate that HBoV NP1 blocks IFN production through a unique mechanism...
- Appolinário C, Allendorf S, Peres M, Fonseca C, Vicente A, Antunes J, et al. Evaluation of short-interfering RNAs treatment in experimental rabies due to wild-type virus. Braz J Infect Dis. 2015;19:453-8 pubmed publisher..0001). In hv2 non-treated group only higher interferon beta expression was found at day 5...
- Kuhle J, Hardmeier M, Disanto G, Gugleta K, Ecsedi M, Lienert C, et al. A 10-year follow-up of the European multicenter trial of interferon Î²-1b in secondary-progressive multiple sclerosis. Mult Scler. 2016;22:533-43 pubmed publisher..assessed at baseline and during the European secondary progressive multiple sclerosis (SPMS) trial of interferon beta 1b (IFNB-1b)...
- Dupuy S, Khalid F, Healy B, Bakshi S, Neema M, Tauhid S, et al. The effect of intramuscular interferon beta-1a on spinal cord volume in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. BMC Med Imaging. 2016;16:56 pubmedSpinal cord atrophy occurs early in multiple sclerosis (MS) and impacts disability. The therapeutic effect of interferon beta-1a (IFNÎ²-1a) on spinal cord atrophy in patients with relapsing-remitting (RR) MS has not been explored...
- DeFilippis V, Alvarado D, Sali T, Rothenburg S, Fruh K. Human cytomegalovirus induces the interferon response via the DNA sensor ZBP1. J Virol. 2010;84:585-98 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we identify Z-DNA binding protein 1 (ZBP1) as being essential for IRF3 activation and interferon beta expression triggered by HCMV, as well as being sufficient to enhance HCMV-stimulated beta interferon ..
- Eitz Ferrer P, Potthoff S, Kirschnek S, Gasteiger G, Kastenmuller W, Ludwig H, et al. Induction of Noxa-mediated apoptosis by modified vaccinia virus Ankara depends on viral recognition by cytosolic helicases, leading to IRF-3/IFN-?-dependent induction of pro-apoptotic Noxa. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1002083 pubmed publisher..We thus here describe a pathway leading from the detection of viral RNA during MVA infection by the cytosolic helicase-pathway, to the up-regulation of Noxa and apoptosis via IRF3 and type I IFN signalling. ..
- Meissner E, Kohli A, Virtaneva K, Sturdevant D, Martens C, Porcella S, et al. Achieving sustained virologic response after interferon-free hepatitis C virus treatment correlates with hepatic interferon gene expression changes independent of cirrhosis. J Viral Hepat. 2016;23:496-505 pubmed publisher..Other IFNs had no change in gene expression (IFNG, IFNB1, IFNA5) or could not be detected...
- Lamborn I, Jing H, Zhang Y, DRUTMAN S, Abbott J, Munir S, et al. Recurrent rhinovirus infections in a child with inherited MDA5 deficiency. J Exp Med. 2017;214:1949-1972 pubmed publisher..When overexpressed, mutant MDA5 failed to drive luciferase activity from the IFNB1 promoter or promoters containing ISRE or NF-?B sequence motifs...
- Wynne C, Lazzari E, Smith S, McCarthy E, Ní Gabhann J, Kallal L, et al. TRIM68 negatively regulates IFN-? production by degrading TRK fused gene, a novel driver of IFN-? downstream of anti-viral detection systems. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e101503 pubmed publisher..Thus TRIM68 targets TFG, a novel regulator of IFN production, and in doing so turns off and limits type I IFN production in response to anti-viral detection systems. ..
- Lin L, Pan S, Zhao J, Liu C, Wang P, Fu L, et al. HSPD1 interacts with IRF3 to facilitate interferon-beta induction. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e114874 pubmed publisher..The present study indicated that HSPD1 interacted with IRF3 and it contributed to the induction of IFN-Î². ..
- Zhou Q, Lavorgna A, Bowman M, Hiscott J, Harhaj E. Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor Interacting Protein Targets IRF7 to Suppress Antiviral Signaling and the Induction of Type I Interferon. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:14729-39 pubmed publisher..AIP inhibits IRF7 function by antagonizing the nuclear localization of IRF7. Together, our study identifies AIP as a novel inhibitor of IRF7 and a negative regulator of innate antiviral signaling. ..
- Kim E, Choi Y, Kim C, Sung M, Poo H. Intranasal administration of poly-gamma glutamate induced antiviral activity and protective immune responses against H1N1 influenza A virus infection. Virol J. 2015;12:160 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Î³-PGA protects mice against H1N1 influenza A virus by enhancing antiviral immune responses. ..
- Hori M, Nakamachi T, Shibato J, Rakwal R, Shioda S, Numazawa S. Unraveling the Specific Ischemic Core and Penumbra Transcriptome in the Permanent Middle Cerebral Artery Occlusion Mouse Model Brain Treated with the Neuropeptide PACAP38. Microarrays (Basel). 2015;4:2-24 pubmed publisher..such as alpha hemoglobin stabilizing protein (Ahsp), cathelicidin antimicrobial peptide (Camp), chemokines, interferon beta 1 (Ifnb1), and interleukin 6 (Il6) in context of PACAP38-mediated neuroprotection in the ischemic brain...
- Karampoor S, Zahednasab H, Ramagopalan S, Mehrpour M, Keyvani H. Angiogenic factors are associated with multiple sclerosis. J Neuroimmunol. 2016;301:88-93 pubmed publisher..It seems that in summary, angiogenesis may play an important role in MS and infection with EBV might be correlated with this phenomenon. ..
- Denney L, Branchett W, Gregory L, Oliver R, Lloyd C. Epithelial-derived TGF-?1 acts as a pro-viral factor in the lung during influenza A infection. Mucosal Immunol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..In contrast, the kinetics of interferon beta (IFN?) release into the airways was significantly enhanced in epTGF?KO mice compared with control mice, with ..
- Yoshida A, Kawabata R, Honda T, Sakai K, Ami Y, Sakaguchi T, et al. A Single Amino Acid Substitution within the Paramyxovirus Sendai Virus Nucleoprotein Is a Critical Determinant for Production of Interferon-Beta-Inducing Copyback-Type Defective Interfering Genomes. J Virol. 2018;92: pubmed publisher..Our findings provide novel insights into the mechanism of production of mononegaviral cbDI genomes, as well as virus-host interactions during innate immunity. ..
- Oshiumi H, Sasai M, Shida K, Fujita T, Matsumoto M, Seya T. TIR-containing adapter molecule (TICAM)-2, a bridging adapter recruiting to toll-like receptor 4 TICAM-1 that induces interferon-beta. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:49751-62 pubmed..This results in the construction of MyD88-dependent and -independent pathways separately downstream of the two distinct adapters. ..
- Chort A, Alves S, Marinello M, Dufresnois B, Dornbierer J, Tesson C, et al. Interferon ? induces clearance of mutant ataxin 7 and improves locomotion in SCA7 knock-in mice. Brain. 2013;136:1732-45 pubmed publisherWe showed previously, in a cell model of spinocerebellar ataxia 7, that interferon beta induces the expression of PML protein and the formation of PML protein nuclear bodies that degrade mutant ataxin 7, suggesting that the cytokine, ..
- Gerischer L, Siebert E, Janke O, Jungehuelsing G, Ruprecht K. Favorable outcome of interferon-beta associated thrombotic microangiopathy following treatment with corticosteroids, plasma exchange and rituximab: A case report. Mult Scler Relat Disord. 2016;10:63-65 pubmed publisher..Despite of severe clinical manifestations and pronounced laboratory abnormalities, therapy with corticosteroids, plasma exchange and rituximab was associated with a favorable outcome and return to her premorbid level of functioning. ..
- Case J, Li Y, Elliott R, Lu X, Graepel K, Sexton N, et al. Murine Hepatitis Virus nsp14 Exoribonuclease Activity Is Required for Resistance to Innate Immunity. J Virol. 2018;92: pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that viruses lacking ExoN activity [ExoN(-)] are sensitive to cellular pretreatment with interferon beta (IFN-?) in a dose-dependent manner...
- Gessani S, Puddu P, Varano B, Borghi P, Conti L, Fantuzzi L, et al. Induction of beta interferon by human immunodeficiency virus type 1 and its gp120 protein in human monocytes-macrophages: role of beta interferon in restriction of virus replication. J Virol. 1994;68:1983-6 pubmed..These results indicate that (i) HIV-1 (possibly in part through its gp120 protein) induces low levels of IFN-beta in macrophages and (ii) this IFN-beta is very effective in inducing an antiviral state in differentiated macrophages. ..
- Tliba O, Tliba S, Da Huang C, Hoffman R, DeLong P, Panettieri R, et al. Tumor necrosis factor alpha modulates airway smooth muscle function via the autocrine action of interferon beta. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:50615-23 pubmed..Together these data show that TNFalpha, via the autocrine action of IFNbeta, differentially regulates the expression of proinflammatory genes and DNA synthesis. ..
- Jin L, Lenz L, Cambier J. Cellular reactive oxygen species inhibit MPYS induction of IFNβ. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15142 pubmed publisher..Cys-64, -148, -292, -309 and the potential C₈₈xxC₉₁ redox motif in MPYS are indispensable for IFNβ stimulation and IRF3 activation. Thus, our results identify a novel mechanism for ROS regulation of IFNβ stimulation. ..
- Toldi G, Folyovich A, Simon Z, Zsiga K, Kaposi A, Mészáros G, et al. Lymphocyte calcium influx kinetics in multiple sclerosis treated without or with interferon ?. J Neuroimmunol. 2011;237:80-6 pubmed publisher..3 channels in multiple sclerosis patients without interferon-beta. However, this effect is not specific enough concerning all lymphocyte subsets influencing the autoimmune response, since it also affects anti-inflammatory Th2 cells. ..
- Baechler E, Bilgic H, Reed A. Type I interferon pathway in adult and juvenile dermatomyositis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2011;13:249 pubmed publisher..Upregulation of the type I interferon protein signature has added additional markers of disease activity and insight into the pathogenesis of the disease...
- Lim D, Yawata N, Selva K, Li N, Tsai C, Yeong L, et al. The combination of type I IFN, TNF-Î±, and cell surface receptor engagement with dendritic cells enables NK cells to overcome immune evasion by dengue virus. J Immunol. 2014;193:5065-75 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results have uncovered a previously unappreciated role for the combined effect of type I IFNs, TNF-Î±, and cell surface receptor-ligand interactions in triggering the antidengue response of primary human NK cells. ..
- Percario Z, Ali M, Mangino G, Affabris E. Nef, the shuttling molecular adaptor of HIV, influences the cytokine network. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 2015;26:159-73 pubmed publisher..In this review we have tried to provide a unifying view of the multiple functions of this viral protein on the basis of recently available experimental data. ..
- Zhao X, Zhu H, Yu J, Li H, Ge J, Chen W. c-Cbl-mediated ubiquitination of IRF3 negatively regulates IFN-? production and cellular antiviral response. Cell Signal. 2016;28:1683-93 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our findings suggest that c-Cbl negatively regulates IFN-? signaling and cellular antiviral response by promoting IRF3 ubiquitination and degradation, providing a new mechanism for control of type I interferon induction. ..
- Conti L, Fantuzzi L, Del Corno M, Belardelli F, Gessani S. Immunomodulatory effects of the HIV-1 gp120 protein on antigen presenting cells: implications for AIDS pathogenesis. Immunobiology. 2004;209:99-115 pubmed
- Opitz B, Vinzing M, van Laak V, Schmeck B, Heine G, Günther S, et al. Legionella pneumophila induces IFNbeta in lung epithelial cells via IPS-1 and IRF3, which also control bacterial replication. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:36173-9 pubmed..pneumophila in lung epithelial cells. In conclusion, we demonstrated a critical role of IPS-1, IRF3, and IFNbeta in Legionella infection of lung epithelium. ..
- Song C, Krell P, Yoo D. Nonstructural protein 1? subunit-based inhibition of NF-?B activation and suppression of interferon-? production by porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus. Virology. 2010;407:268-80 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that PRRSV Nsp1? is a multifunctional nuclear protein participating in the modulation of the host IFN system. ..
- Mäkelä S, Osterlund P, Julkunen I. TLR ligands induce synergistic interferon-? and interferon-?1 gene expression in human monocyte-derived dendritic cells. Mol Immunol. 2011;48:505-15 pubmed publisher..The data indicates that IFNs contribute to TLR-dependent gene activation in human DCs stimulated with multiple TLR ligands. ..
- BÃ¶rnsen L, Romme Christensen J, Ratzer R, Hedegaard C, SÃ¸ndergaard H, Krakauer M, et al. Endogenous interferon-Î²-inducible gene expression and interferon-Î²-treatment are associated with reduced T cell responses to myelin basic protein in multiple sclerosis. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0118830 pubmed publisher..Reduced myelin basic protein-induced CD4+ T-cell autoreactivity in interferon-Î²-treated multiple sclerosis patients may be mediated by monocyte-derived interleukin-10. ..
- Kotla S, Gustin K. Proteolysis of MDA5 and IPS-1 is not required for inhibition of the type I IFN response by poliovirus. Virol J. 2015;12:158 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results demonstrate that poliovirus infection actively suppresses the host type I interferon response by blocking activation of IRF-3 and suggests that this is not mediated by cleavage of MDA-5 or IPS-1. ..
- Shin D, Lee J, Park J, Min J. Double Plant Homeodomain Fingers 2 (DPF2) Promotes the Immune Escape of Influenza Virus by Suppressing Beta Interferon Production. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Upon influenza virus infection, DPF2 dysregulated IFN-Î² induction and expression of cytokines/chemokines and antiviral proteins. This study provides evidence that influenza virus utilizes DPF2 to escape host innate immunity. ..
- Lau A, Ip W, Au C, Lau K, Wong W, Yip K, et al. Prevalence of neutralising antibodies to interferon-beta and clinical response in Chinese patients with relapsing multiple sclerosis. Mult Scler J Exp Transl Clin. 2017;3:2055217317733485 pubmed publisher..There are no data on neutralising antibodies to interferon-beta and its clinical implications in Chinese patients with multiple sclerosis (MS)...
- Pavelek Z, Vysata O, Klimova B, Andrys C, Vokurkova D, Valis M. Lymphocytes in the treatment with interferon beta-1 b. Mult Scler Relat Disord. 2017;18:29-32 pubmed publisher..the basic medications for the treatment of a clinically isolated syndrome (CIS) or relapsing-remitting MS is interferon beta (INF?)...
- Silverman R, Sengupta D. Translational regulation by HIV leader RNA, TAT, and interferon-inducible enzymes. J Exp Pathol. 1990;5:69-77 pubmed..An intriguing interplay of these viral and host factors were shown to influence the rate of translation in vitro. A model describing opposing actions of HIV Tat protein and interferon in HIV replication is represented. ..
- Goeddel D, Shepard H, Yelverton E, Leung D, Crea R, Sloma A, et al. Synthesis of human fibroblast interferon by E. coli. Nucleic Acids Res. 1980;8:4057-74 pubmed..A bacterial clone containing fibroblast interferon cDNA sequences was identified by hybridization to a cDNA probe synthesized using deoxyoligonucleotide ..
- Alba A, Puertas M, Carrillo J, Planas R, Ampudia R, Pastor X, et al. IFN beta accelerates autoimmune type 1 diabetes in nonobese diabetic mice and breaks the tolerance to beta cells in nondiabetes-prone mice. J Immunol. 2004;173:6667-75 pubmed..These results indicate that the antiviral cytokine IFNbeta breaks peripheral tolerance to beta cells, influences the insulitis progression and contributes to autoimmunity in diabetes and nondiabetes- prone mice. ..
- Ohno M, Natsume A, Kondo Y, Iwamizu H, Motomura K, Toda H, et al. The modulation of microRNAs by type I IFN through the activation of signal transducers and activators of transcription 3 in human glioma. Mol Cancer Res. 2009;7:2022-30 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the importance of understanding the transcriptional regulation of the miRNAs involved in oncogenesis. ..
- Imaizumi T, Sato F, Tanaka H, Matsumiya T, Yoshida H, Yashiro Aizawa T, et al. Basic-helix-loop-helix transcription factor DEC2 constitutes negative feedback loop in IFN-?-mediated inflammatory responses in human mesangial cells. Immunol Lett. 2011;136:37-43 pubmed publisher..DEC2 expression may constitute a negative feedback system for the IFN-?/RIG-I/CCL5 pathway in the glomerulus, which may play a role in controlling protracted inflammatory reactions in the kidney. ..
- Pozzilli C, Schweikert B, Ecari U, Oentrich W, Bugge J. Quality of life and depression in multiple sclerosis patients: longitudinal results of the BetaPlus study. J Neurol. 2012;259:2319-28 pubmed publisher..This study assesses QoL and depression in MS patients treated with interferon beta-1b (IFNB-1b) and evaluates the impact of different elements of a patient support programme and of coping ..
- Harirchian M, Taalimi A, Siroos B. Emerging tumefactive MS after switching therapy from interferon-beta to fingolimod: A case report. Mult Scler Relat Disord. 2015;4:400-2 pubmed publisher..It could be a warning sign which physicians should take it into account for better recognition of patients at risk and select candidates for this management. ..
- MiÅ¾ÃkovÃ¡ I, Palumbo F, TÃ¡bi T, Herold S, VadÃ¡sz I, Mayer K, et al. Perturbations to lysyl oxidase expression broadly influence the transcriptome of lung fibroblasts. Physiol Genomics. 2017;49:416-429 pubmed publisher..of lysyl oxidase expression on steady-state Mmp3, Mmp9, Eln, Rarres1, Gdf10, Ifnb1, Csf2, and Cxcl9 mRNA levels was validated, which is interesting, since the corresponding gene ..
- Kalluri S, Grummel V, Hracsko Z, Pongratz V, Pernpeintner V, Gasperi C, et al. Interferon-beta specific T cells are associated with the development of neutralizing antibodies in interferon-beta treated multiple sclerosis patients. J Autoimmun. 2018;88:83-90 pubmed publisher..Our studies demonstrate the occurrence of an antigen specific HLA class II restricted Th2 T cell response associated with the development of ADA in IFN-β treated patients. ..
- Huber J, RAMOS H, Gill M, Farrar J. Cutting edge: Type I IFN reverses human Th2 commitment and stability by suppressing GATA3. J Immunol. 2010;185:813-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, we demonstrate a novel role for IFN-alpha/beta in blocking Th2 cells, suggesting its potential as a promising therapy for atopy and asthma. ..
- Wang S, Wang K, Lin R, Zheng C. Herpes simplex virus 1 serine/threonine kinase US3 hyperphosphorylates IRF3 and inhibits beta interferon production. J Virol. 2013;87:12814-27 pubmed publisher..For the first time, these findings provide convincing evidence that US3 hyperphosphorylates IRF3, blocks the production of IFN-?, and subverts host innate immunity. ..