Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IFITM2
Description: interferon induced transmembrane protein 2
Alias: 1-8D, DSPA2c, interferon-induced transmembrane protein 2, dispanin subfamily A member 2c, interferon-inducible protein 1-8D
Publications122 found, 100 shown here
- Perreira J, Chin C, Feeley E, Brass A. IFITMs restrict the replication of multiple pathogenic viruses. J Mol Biol. 2013;425:4937-55 pubmed publisher..This review covers recent developments in our understanding of the IFITM's molecular determinants, potential mechanisms of action, and impact on pathogenesis. ..
- Suzuki Y, Nakazawa M, Suzuki K, Yamazaki H, Miyagawa Y. Expression profiles of cytokines and chemokines in vitreous fluid in diabetic retinopathy and central retinal vein occlusion. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2011;55:256-263 pubmed publisher..It is also suggested that the inflammatory reaction may be more activate in CRVO than in DR. ..
- Ghonim M, Pyakurel K, Ju J, Rodriguez P, Lammi M, Davis C, et al. DNA-dependent protein kinase inhibition blocks asthma in mice and modulates human endothelial and CD4âº T-cell function without causing severe combined immunodeficiency. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2015;135:425-40 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest DNA-PK as a novel determinant of asthma and a potential target for the treatment of the disease. ..
- Liu L, Wan X, Zhou P, Zhou X, Zhang W, Hui X, et al. The chromatin remodeling subunit Baf200 promotes normal hematopoiesis and inhibits leukemogenesis. J Hematol Oncol. 2018;11:27 pubmed publisher..Our current studies uncover critical roles of Baf200 in both normal and malignant hematopoiesis and provide a potential therapeutic target for suppressing the progression of leukemia without interfering with normal hematopoiesis. ..
- Man S, Place D, Kuriakose T, Kanneganti T. Interferon-inducible guanylate-binding proteins at the interface of cell-autonomous immunity and inflammasome activation. J Leukoc Biol. 2017;101:143-150 pubmed publisher..Here, we provide an overview on the emerging relationship between GBPs and activation of the inflammasome in innate immunity to microbial pathogens. ..
- Lei Q, Li L, Cai J, Huang W, Qin B, Zhang S. ORF3 of Hepatitis E Virus Inhibits the Expression of Proinflammatory Cytokines and Chemotactic Factors in LPS-Stimulated Human PMA-THP1 Cells by Inhibiting NF-ÎºB Pathway. Viral Immunol. 2016;29:105-11 pubmed publisher..The anti-inflammatory properties might be of great importance to clarify the role and mechanism of macrophages in chronic HEV infection and cirrhosis. ..
- Stenfeldt C, Eschbaumer M, Rekant S, Pacheco J, Smoliga G, Hartwig E, et al. The Foot-and-Mouth Disease Carrier State Divergence in Cattle. J Virol. 2016;90:6344-64 pubmed publisher..This suggests that the clearing of FMDV infection is associated with an enhanced mucosal antiviral response, whereas FMDV persistence is associated with suppression of the host antiviral response. ..
- Liu D, Hong F, Zhou J, Zhang Y. Lung inflammation caused by long-term exposure to titanium dioxide in mice involving in NF-κB signaling pathway. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2017;105:720-727 pubmed publisher..Therefore, more attention should be placed on the application of TiO2 NPs and their potential long-term effects, especially in human beings. © 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. J Biomed Mater Res Part A: 105A: 720-727, 2017. ..
- Pang X, Li X, Mo Z, Huang J, Deng H, Lei Z, et al. IFI16 is involved in HBV-associated acute-on-chronic liver failure inflammation. BMC Gastroenterol. 2018;18:61 pubmed publisher..IFI16 was closely related to the degree of inflammation in CHB and HBV-ACLF patients and may serve as a vital contributor to the pathogeneses of liver damage in HBV-ACLF. ..
- Kumar A, Kumar A, Ingle H, Kumar S, Mishra R, Verma M, et al. MicroRNA hsa-miR-324-5p Suppresses H5N1 Virus Replication by Targeting the Viral PB1 and Host CUEDC2. J Virol. 2018;92: pubmed publisher..Our study enhances the knowledge of the role of microRNAs in the cellular response to viral infection. Also, the study provides help in understanding how the host cells utilize small RNAs in controlling the viral burden. ..
- Akiyama T, Sakai S, Lambert G, Nicol C, Matsusue K, Pimprale S, et al. Conditional disruption of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma gene in mice results in lowered expression of ABCA1, ABCG1, and apoE in macrophages and reduced cholesterol efflux. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:2607-19 pubmed..Together, these data indicate that PPAR gamma plays a critical role in the regulation of cholesterol homeostasis by controlling the expression of a network of genes that mediate cholesterol efflux from cells and its transport in plasma...
- Aktas T, Avşar Ilık İ, Maticzka D, Bhardwaj V, Pessoa Rodrigues C, Mittler G, et al. DHX9 suppresses RNA processing defects originating from the Alu invasion of the human genome. Nature. 2017;544:115-119 pubmed publisher..We propose that it acts as a nuclear RNA resolvase that neutralizes the immediate threat posed by transposon insertions and allows these elements to evolve as tools for the post-transcriptional regulation of gene expression. ..
- Dumbrepatil A, Ghosh S, Zegalia K, Malec P, Hoff J, Kennedy R, et al. Viperin interacts with the kinase IRAK1 and the E3 ubiquitin ligase TRAF6, coupling innate immune signaling to antiviral ribonucleotide synthesis. J Biol Chem. 2019;294:6888-6898 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the synergistic activation of viperin and IRAK1 provides a mechanism that couples innate immune signaling with the production of the antiviral nucleotide ddhCTP. ..
- Gorman M, Poddar S, Farzan M, Diamond M. The Interferon-Stimulated Gene Ifitm3 Restricts West Nile Virus Infection and Pathogenesis. J Virol. 2016;90:8212-25 pubmed publisher..Moreover, transcomplementation experiments showed that Ifitm3 inhibited WNV infection independently of Ifitm1, Ifitm2, Ifitm5, and Ifitm6...
- Cheng X, Byrne M, Brown K, Konopleva M, Kornblau S, Bennett R, et al. PKR inhibits the DNA damage response, and is associated with poor survival in AML and accelerated leukemia in NHD13 mice. Blood. 2015;126:1585-94 pubmed publisher..Thus, PKR inhibition may be a therapeutically useful strategy to prevent leukemia progression or relapse, and improve clinical outcomes. ..
- King K, Aguirre A, Ye Y, Sun Y, Roh J, Ng R, et al. IRF3 and type I interferons fuel a fatal response to myocardial infarction. Nat Med. 2017;23:1481-1487 pubmed publisher..These results identify IRF3 and the type I IFN response as a potential therapeutic target for post-MI cardioprotection. ..
- Costa Franco M, Marim F, Alves Silva J, Cerqueira D, Rungue M, Tavares I, et al. AIM2 senses Brucella abortus DNA in dendritic cells to induce IL-1β secretion, pyroptosis and resistance to bacterial infection in mice. Microbes Infect. 2018;: pubmed publisher..In summary, the increased bacterial burden observed in vivo in AIM2 KO animals confirmed that AIM2 is essential for an effective innate immune response against Brucella infection. ..
- Clark P, Dawany N, Dampier W, Byers S, Pestell R, Tozeren A. Bioinformatics analysis reveals transcriptome and microRNA signatures and drug repositioning targets for IBD and other autoimmune diseases. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2012;18:2315-33 pubmed publisher..Integration of mice and human data point to an altered B-cell response as a cause for upregulation of genes in IBD involved in other aspects of immune defense such as interferon-inducible responses. ..
- Mansfield K, Johnson N, Banyard A, NÃºÃ±ez A, Baylis M, Solomon T, et al. Innate and adaptive immune responses to tick-borne flavivirus infection in sheep. Vet Microbiol. 2016;185:20-8 pubmed publisher..We postulate that LIV has adapted to replicate efficiently in sheep cells, and disseminate rapidly following infection. By contrast, TBEV fails to disseminate in sheep and is controlled by the immune response. ..
- Jia H, Thelwell C, Dilger P, Bird C, Daniels S, Wadhwa M. Endothelial cell functions impaired by interferon in vitro: Insights into the molecular mechanism of thrombotic microangiopathy associated with interferon therapy. Thromb Res. 2018;163:105-116 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, our findings have implications for understanding how IFN therapy can foster the development of TMA. ..
- Goo Y, Son S, Yechoor V, Paul A. Transcriptional Profiling of Foam Cells Reveals Induction of Guanylate-Binding Proteins Following Western Diet Acceleration of Atherosclerosis in the Absence of Global Changes in Inflammation. J Am Heart Assoc. 2016;5:e002663 pubmed publisher..However, induction of GBPs uncovers a novel family of immune modulators with a potential role in atherogenesis. ..
- Zhao Y, Yan L, Luo X, Peng L, Guo H, Jing Z, et al. A novel PPAR? agonist propane-2-sulfonic acid octadec-9-enyl-amide inhibits inflammation in THP-1 cells. Eur J Pharmacol. 2016;788:104-112 pubmed publisher..In our study, N15 exhibits promise for the treatment of atherosclerosis. ..
- Chaum E, Winborn C, Bhattacharya S. Genomic regulation of senescence and innate immunity signaling in the retinal pigment epithelium. Mamm Genome. 2015;26:210-21 pubmed publisher..There is a complex multigenic innate immunity locus that controls expression of genes in the p53 pathway in the RPE, which may play an important role in modulating age-related changes in the retina. ..
- Saalbach A, Tremel J, Herbert D, Schwede K, Wandel E, Schirmer C, et al. Anti-Inflammatory Action of Keratinocyte-Derived Vaspin: Relevance for the Pathogenesis of Psoriasis. Am J Pathol. 2016;186:639-51 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, vaspin expression by maturing KCs modulates cutaneous immune responses and may be involved in the pathogenesis of psoriasis. ..
- Han X, Parker T. Anti-inflammatory activity of clove (Eugenia caryophyllata) essential oil in human dermal fibroblasts. Pharm Biol. 2017;55:1619-1622 pubmed publisher..This study provides important evidence of CEO-induced anti-inflammatory and tissue remodelling activity in human dermal fibroblasts. This study also supports the anticancer properties of CEO and its major active component eugenol. ..
- Soleimani S, Shahsavandi S, Maddadgar O. Improvement influenza HA2 DNA vaccine cellular and humoral immune responses with Mx bio adjuvant. Biologicals. 2017;46:6-10 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrated that Mx as host defense peptide can be potentiated for improving influenza vaccine efficacy. ..
- Bi K, Han K, Liu Q, Zhao D, Huang X, Liu Y, et al. Molecular cloning, characterization, and expression of duck 2'-5'-oligoadenylate synthetase-like gene. Gene. 2017;629:43-51 pubmed publisher..These results provide a solid foundation for performing further studies to determine the mechanism underlying the antiviral effect of duOASL at the cellular level. ..
- Waddell S, Popper S, Rubins K, Griffiths M, Brown P, Levin M, et al. Dissecting interferon-induced transcriptional programs in human peripheral blood cells. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9753 pubmed publisher..This information provides a detailed view of cellular activation by immune mediators, and contributes an interpretive framework for the definition of host immune responses in a variety of disease settings. ..
- Zhao X, Sehgal M, Hou Z, Cheng J, Shu S, Wu S, et al. Identification of Residues Controlling Restriction versus Enhancing Activities of IFITM Proteins on Entry of Human Coronaviruses. J Virol. 2018;92: pubmed publisher..However, we demonstrated previously that human IFITM2 and IFITM3 are essential host factors facilitating the entry of human coronavirus (HCoV) OC43...
- Piccaluga P, Agostinelli C, Righi S, Ciccone M, Re M, Musumeci G, et al. IFI16 reduced expression is correlated with unfavorable outcome in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. APMIS. 2017;125:511-522 pubmed publisher..As IFI16 can be easily detected by immunohistochemistry or flow cytometry, it may become a part of phenotypic screening in CLL patients if its prognostic role is confirmed in independent series. ..
- Li C, Du S, Tian M, Wang Y, Bai J, Tan P, et al. The Host Restriction Factor Interferon-Inducible Transmembrane Protein 3 Inhibits Vaccinia Virus Infection. Front Immunol. 2018;9:228 pubmed publisher..This study further explores the complex mechanism and provides novel insights into the interaction between virus infection and host defense. ..
- Ewanchuk B, Yates R. The phagosome and redox control of antigen processing. Free Radic Biol Med. 2018;125:53-61 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on the mechanisms and consequences of redox-mediated phagosomal antigen processing, and the potential downstream implications to tolerance and autoimmunity. ..
- Fabiani S. Hepatitis B virus infection and interferon-inducible protein-10. Clin Ter. 2015;166:e188-96 pubmed publisher..Hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) drop in patients treated with nucleos(t)ide analogues (NAs) is associated with higher baseline IP-10. ..
- Ramanathan A. Interferon Induced Transmembrane Protein-1 Gene Expression as a Biomarker for Early Detection of Invasive Potential of Oral Squamous Cell Carcinomas. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2016;17:2297-9 pubmed..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first time that IFITM1 overexpression is being reported in Indian OSCC samples. ..
- Monsanto S, Edwards A, Zhou J, Nagarkatti P, Nagarkatti M, Young S, et al. Surgical removal of endometriotic lesions alters local and systemic proinflammatory cytokines in endometriosis patients. Fertil Steril. 2016;105:968-977.e5 pubmed publisher..The transitory nature of the change may reflect the recurrence of the condition and the influence of systemic factors in its onset. ..
- Li N, Fu Y, Chen W, Hu G, Zhou M, Yu S, et al. IFI16 mediates soluble Flt-1 and endoglin production by trophoblast cells. J Hypertens. 2015;33:1658-65 pubmed publisher..We conclude that trophoblast cells respond to cell-free fetal DNA through the IFI16 receptor, resulting in the production of the preeclampsia-related antiangiogenic factors sFlt-1 and sEng. ..
- Hoss F, Budden C, Latz E. IRGB10 Exposes Bacteria's Intimate Secrets. Dev Cell. 2016;39:7-8 pubmed publisher..In a recent issue of Cell, Man et al. (2016) show that the interferon-inducible protein IRGB10 liberates bacterial ligands for sensing by both the AIM2 and the non-canonical NLRP3 inflammasomes. ..
- Conroy A, Phiri H, Hawkes M, Glover S, Mallewa M, Seydel K, et al. Endothelium-based biomarkers are associated with cerebral malaria in Malawian children: a retrospective case-control study. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15291 pubmed publisher..These results require validation in prospective studies to confirm that this group of biomarkers improves the diagnostic accuracy of CM from similar conditions causing fever and altered consciousness. ..
- Matsumura T, Hida S, Kitazawa M, Fujii C, Kobayashi A, Takeoka M, et al. Fascin1 suppresses RIG-I-like receptor signaling and interferon-β production by associating with IκB kinase ϵ (IKKϵ) in colon cancer. J Biol Chem. 2018;293:6326-6336 pubmed publisher..In summary, we have identified fascin1 as a suppressor of the RIG-I signaling pathway associating with IκB kinase ϵ in DLD-1 colon cancer cells to suppress immune responses to viral infection. ..
- Infantino M, Meacci F, Grossi V, Benucci M, Morozzi G, Tonutti E, et al. Serological epitope profile of anti-Ro52-positive patients with systemic autoimmune rheumatic diseases. Arthritis Res Ther. 2015;17:365 pubmed publisher..No antibody against a single epitope or a combination of epitopes was linked to any of the single SARDs. ..
- Wang C, Sun M, Yuan X, Ji L, Jin Y, Cardona C, et al. Enterovirus 71 suppresses interferon responses by blocking Janus kinase (JAK)/signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT) signaling through inducing karyopherin-?1 degradation. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:10262-10274 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates a novel mechanism by which antiviral signaling is suppressed through degradation of KPNA1 by activated caspase-3 induced in an enteroviral infection. ..
- Fan F, Xu Z, Zhou Q, Wang D. [Expression profiles and clinical implication of plasma chemokines in patients with Stanford type A aortic dissection]. Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi. 2017;45:318-322 pubmed publisher..05)?IP?10(r(2)?0.00?P>0.05)?Flt?3??(r(2)?0.02?P>0.05)?????C???????????? ??? ??MIP?1??ENA?78?????IL?16???????Stanford A???????????????????C?????????????IP?10?Flt?3?????Stanford A???????????????. ..
- Pilla Moffett D, Barber M, Taylor G, Coers J. Interferon-Inducible GTPases in Host Resistance, Inflammation and Disease. J Mol Biol. 2016;428:3495-513 pubmed publisher..This review will therefore highlight key areas of future exploration that promise to advance our understanding of the role of IFN-inducible GTPases in human diseases. ..
- Lee E, Choi S, Bin B, Kim N, Kim K, Choi D, et al. Interferon-inducible T-cell alpha chemoattractant (ITAC) induces the melanocytic migration and hypopigmentation through destabilizing p53 via histone deacetylase 5: a possible role of ITAC in pigment-related disorders. Br J Dermatol. 2017;176:127-137 pubmed publisher
- Patro S, Pal S, Bi Y, Lynn K, Mounzer K, Kostman J, et al. Shift in monocyte apoptosis with increasing viral load and change in apoptosis-related ISG/Bcl2 family gene expression in chronically HIV-1-infected subjects. J Virol. 2015;89:799-810 pubmed publisher..Multivariable analysis of clinical values and monocyte gene expression identified changes in IFI27, IFITM2, Rb1, and Bcl2 expression as determinants of constitutive apoptosis (P = 3.77 Ã— 10(-5); adjusted R(2) = 0...
- Okuzaki Y, Kidani S, Kaneoka H, Iijima S, Nishijima K. Characterization of chicken interferon-inducible transmembrane protein-10. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2017;81:914-921 pubmed publisher..Although it remains unclear whether IFITM10 inhibits viral infections under physiological conditions, these results suggest that chicken IFITM10 exhibits antivirus activity. ..
- Sasai M, Sakaguchi N, Ma J, Nakamura S, Kawabata T, Bando H, et al. Essential role for GABARAP autophagy proteins in interferon-inducible GTPase-mediated host defense. Nat Immunol. 2017;18:899-910 pubmed publisher..Thus, GABARAPs are uniquely required for antimicrobial host defense through cytosolic distribution of interferon-inducible GTPases. ..
- Alfadhli S, Al Mutairi M, Al Tameemi B, Nizam R. Influence of MX1 promoter rs2071430 G/T polymorphism on susceptibility to systemic lupus erythematosus. Clin Rheumatol. 2016;35:623-9 pubmed publisher..28, 95 % CI 1.30-14.06). None of the other tested variants showed any significant association with SLE. The present study is the first to reveal the influence of genetic variation in MX1 gene in susceptibility to SLE. ..
- Cao T, Shao S, Li B, Jin L, Lei J, Qiao H, et al. Up-regulation of Interferon-inducible protein 16 contributes to psoriasis by modulating chemokine production in keratinocytes. Sci Rep. 2016;6:25381 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that IFI16 plays a critical role in the pathogenesis of psoriasis and may be a potential therapeutic target. ..
- Ma X, Guo P, Qiu Y, Mu K, Zhu L, Zhao W, et al. Loss of AIM2 expression promotes hepatocarcinoma progression through activation of mTOR-S6K1 pathway. Oncotarget. 2016;7:36185-36197 pubmed publisher..This study also paves a new avenue to treat AIM2-deficient cancer by suppression of mTOR. ..
- McMahan Z, Cottrell T, Wigley F, Antiochos B, Zambidis E, Park T, et al. Enrichment of Scleroderma Vascular Disease-Associated Autoantigens in Endothelial Lineage Cells. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2016;68:2540-9 pubmed publisher..High level, lineage-enriched expression of autoantigens may explain the striking association between clinical phenotypes and the immune targeting of specific autoantigens. ..
- Blanco Melo D, Venkatesh S, Bieniasz P. Origins and Evolution of tetherin, an Orphan Antiviral Gene. Cell Host Microbe. 2016;20:189-201 pubmed publisher..Neofunctionalization, drift, and genetic conflict appear to have driven a near complete loss of sequence similarity among modern tetherin genes and their sister genes. ..
- Jie C, Luo Z, Chen H, Wang M, Yan C, Mao Z, et al. Indirubin, a bisindole alkaloid from Isatis indigotica, reduces H1N1 susceptibility in stressed mice by regulating MAVS signaling. Oncotarget. 2017;8:105615-105629 pubmed publisher..Further study revealed that indirubin promoted interferon-? production through promoting mitochondrial antiviral signaling pathway. Our study indicated that indirubin could be a candidate for the therapy of influenza. ..
- Zhu A, Wang C, Sun H, Han H, Wang F, Zhang L, et al. [Circulating levels of Th1- and Th2-chemokines increase in patients with early syphilis]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2017;33:380-383 pubmed..Furthermore, the levels of MIG and IP-10 were positively associated with plasma CRP in the patients with early syphilis. Conclusion Both Th1 chemokines and Th2 chemokines are involved in immune response of early syphilis. ..
- Olsen I, Taubman M, Singhrao S. Porphyromonas gingivalis suppresses adaptive immunity in periodontitis, atherosclerosis, and Alzheimer's disease. J Oral Microbiol. 2016;8:33029 pubmed publisher..gingivalis may act as a keystone organism in periodontitis and in related systemic diseases and other remote body inflammatory pathologies. ..
- Alunno A, Caneparo V, Carubbi F, Bistoni O, Caterbi S, Bartoloni E, et al. Interferon gamma-inducible protein 16 in primary SjÃ¶gren's syndrome: a novel player in disease pathogenesis?. Arthritis Res Ther. 2015;17:208 pubmed publisher..Within the mononuclear cell infiltrate, IFI16 expression appears to parallel the distribution of T lymphocytes. Our data suggest that the IFI16 protein may be involved in the pathogenesis of glandular inflammation occurring in pSS. ..
- Rabbani M, Ribaudo M, Guo J, Barik S. Identification of Interferon-Stimulated Gene Proteins That Inhibit Human Parainfluenza Virus Type 3. J Virol. 2016;90:11145-11156 pubmed..In this article, we report several ISG proteins that strongly inhibit PIV3 growth, the use of which may allow a better antiviral regimen targeting PIV3. ..
- Hao B, Xiao Y, Song F, Long X, Huang J, Tian M, et al. Metformin-induced activation of AMPK inhibits the proliferation and migration of human aortic smooth muscle cells through upregulation of p53 and IFI16. Int J Mol Med. 2018;41:1365-1376 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that metformin may have potential use in the treatment of atherosclerosis. ..
- Anderson A, Fennema Notestine C, Umlauf A, Taylor M, Clifford D, Marra C, et al. CSF biomarkers of monocyte activation and chemotaxis correlate with magnetic resonance spectroscopy metabolites during chronic HIV disease. J Neurovirol. 2015;21:559-67 pubmed publisher..001), although higher MCP-1 levels remained associated with Cho/Cr in BG. These findings provide evidence that monocyte activation and chemotaxis continue to contribute to HIV-associated brain abnormalities in cART-treated individuals. ..
- Li P, Jiang W, Yu Q, Liu W, Zhou P, Li J, et al. Ubiquitination and degradation of GBPs by a Shigella effector to suppress host defence. Nature. 2017;551:378-383 pubmed publisher..flexneri lacking ipaH9.8. The mode of IpaH9.8 action highlights the functional importance of GBPs in antibacterial defences. IpaH9.8 and S. flexneri provide a unique system for dissecting GBP-mediated immunity. ..
- Kistner L, Doll D, Holtorf A, Nitsche U, Janssen K. Interferon-inducible CXC-chemokines are crucial immune modulators and survival predictors in colorectal cancer. Oncotarget. 2017;8:89998-90012 pubmed publisher..The orthotopic model demonstrated a protective and anti-metastatic role of intratumoral CXCL10 expression, mediated mainly by adaptive immunity...
- Tartour K, Appourchaux R, Gaillard J, Nguyen X, Durand S, Turpin J, et al. IFITM proteins are incorporated onto HIV-1 virion particles and negatively imprint their infectivity. Retrovirology. 2014;11:103 pubmed publisher..These results raise the possibility that IFITMs could similarly affect distinct steps of the life cycle of a number of other viruses. ..
- Xie M, Xuan B, Shan J, Pan D, Sun Y, Shan Z, et al. Human cytomegalovirus exploits interferon-induced transmembrane proteins to facilitate morphogenesis of the virion assembly compartment. J Virol. 2015;89:3049-61 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our findings may provide a new platform for dissecting the molecular mechanism of action of IFITMs during the blocking or enhancement of virus infection, which are under intense investigation in this field. ..
- Weston S, Czieso S, White I, Smith S, Wash R, Diaz Soria C, et al. Alphavirus Restriction by IFITM Proteins. Traffic. 2016;17:997-1013 pubmed publisher..The late endosomal IFITM2 is less restrictive and the plasma membrane IFITM1 does not inhibit normal infection by either virus...
- Rohr M, Oleinikov K, Jung M, Sandjo L, Opatz T, Erkel G. Anti-inflammatory tetraquinane diterpenoids from a Crinipellis species. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:514-522 pubmed publisher..Moreover, compounds 1, 2 and 3 reduced mRNA levels and synthesis of pro-inflammatory mediators such as cytokines and chemokines in LPS/IFN-? stimulated MonoMac6 cells. ..
- Qian J, Le Duff Y, Wang Y, Pan Q, Ding S, Zheng Y, et al. Primate lentiviruses are differentially inhibited by interferon-induced transmembrane proteins. Virology. 2015;474:10-8 pubmed publisher..IFITM proteins to various degrees, with SIV of African green monkeys (SIV(AGM)) being mostly restricted by human IFITM2. Interestingly, SIV(AGM) is as much inhibited by human IFITM2 as by IFITM3 of its own host African green monkeys...
- Velasco Hernandez T, Säwén P, Bryder D, Cammenga J. Potential Pitfalls of the Mx1-Cre System: Implications for Experimental Modeling of Normal and Malignant Hematopoiesis. Stem Cell Reports. 2016;7:11-8 pubmed publisher..Our studies emphasize therefore that proper controls are crucial when modeling gene deletion using the Mx1-Cre transgene. ..
- Ndika J, Airaksinen L, Suojalehto H, Karisola P, Fyhrquist N, Puustinen A, et al. Epithelial proteome profiling suggests the essential role of interferon-inducible proteins in patients with allergic rhinitis. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2017;140:1288-1298 pubmed publisher..Moreover, when compared with patients with SAR, healthy subjects exhibit an antagonistic proteomic response across seasons, which might prove to be a therapeutic target for disease prevention. ..
- Powis S, Mockridge I, Kelly A, Kerr L, Glynne R, Gileadi U, et al. Polymorphism in a second ABC transporter gene located within the class II region of the human major histocompatibility complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:1463-7 pubmed..We have identified two RING11 alleles, which differ in the length of their derived protein sequence by 17 amino acids. The more common of these alleles is present in a Caucasoid population at a frequency of 79%...
- Xu H, Sun L, Zheng Y, Yu S, Ou Yang J, Han H, et al. GBP3 promotes glioma cell proliferation via SQSTM1/p62-ERK1/2 axis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;495:446-453 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results for the first time suggest that GBP3 contributes to the proliferation of glioma cells via regulating SQSTM1-ERK1/2 pathway, and GBP3 might represent as a new potential therapeutic target against glioma. ..
- Saeij J, Frickel E. Exposing Toxoplasma gondii hiding inside the vacuole: a role for GBPs, autophagy and host cell death. Curr Opin Microbiol. 2017;40:72-80 pubmed publisher..Elucidation of murine Toxoplasma defense mechanisms are guiding studies on human cells, while inevitably leading to the discovery of human-specific pathways that often function in a cell type-dependent manner. ..
- Kelly J, Gilbert C, Stark G, Kerr I. Differential regulation of interferon-induced mRNAs and c-myc mRNA by alpha- and gamma-interferons. Eur J Biochem. 1985;153:367-71 pubmed..There must, therefore, be differences in how the levels of different mRNAs are sustained by alpha-interferons and how alpha- and gamma-interferons regulate the levels of the same mRNAs. ..
- Bidet K, Dadlani D, Garcia Blanco M. G3BP1, G3BP2 and CAPRIN1 are required for translation of interferon stimulated mRNAs and are targeted by a dengue virus non-coding RNA. PLoS Pathog. 2014;10:e1004242 pubmed publisher..of the protein products of several interferon stimulated genes (ISGs), and for efficient translation of PKR and IFITM2 mRNAs. This identifies G3BP1, G3BP2 and CAPRIN1 as novel regulators of the antiviral state...
- Müller U, Howard J. The impact of Toxoplasma gondii on the mammalian genome. Curr Opin Microbiol. 2016;32:19-25 pubmed publisher..gondii resistance is weak, but there is evidence for reciprocal polymorphism between parasite virulence proteins and host IRG proteins that strongly suggests current or recent coevolution. ..
- Margulieux K, Fox J, Nakamoto R, Hughes M. CXCL10 Acts as a Bifunctional Antimicrobial Molecule against Bacillus anthracis. MBio. 2016;7: pubmed publisher..This study represents a new paradigm for understanding how chemokines exert an antimicrobial effect that may prove applicable to other bacterial species. ..
- Shaaban Hanafy A. Impact of hepatitis B vaccination on HBsAg kinetics, interferon-inducible protein 10 level and recurrence of viremia. Cytokine. 2017;99:99-105 pubmed publisher..The vaccine had no significant effect on HOMA-IR nor fibroscan value. HBV vaccine was efficient in enhancing IP-10 level with HBsAg clearance, or reduction to a favorable level. ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03193775. ..
- Song Z, Zhang Q, Liu X, Bai J, Zhao Y, Wang X, et al. Cholesterol 25-hydroxylase is an interferon-inducible factor that protects against porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus infection. Vet Microbiol. 2017;210:153-161 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that CH25H is an interferon-stimulated gene and its production of 25HC can be used as a natural antiviral agent to combat PRRSV infection. ..
- Yang J, Zhang X, Zhao Z, Li X, Wang X, Chen M, et al. Regulatory roles of interferon-inducible protein 204 on differentiation and vasculogenic activity of endothelial progenitor cells. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2016;7:111 pubmed publisher..Ifi204 is required for EPC differentiation and neovascularization in vitro and in vivo. The regulatory roles of Ifi204 in EPC differentiation may benefit the clinical therapy of ischemic vascular diseases. ..
- Foster T, Wilson H, Iyer S, Coss K, Doores K, Smith S, et al. Resistance of Transmitted Founder HIV-1 to IFITM-Mediated Restriction. Cell Host Microbe. 2016;20:429-442 pubmed publisher..However, viral sensitivity to IFITMs, particularly IFITM2 and IFITM3, increases over the first 6 months of infection, primarily as a result of neutralizing antibody escape ..