Genomes and Genes
I mfa domain containing protein
Gene Symbol: I mfa domain containing protein
Description: MyoD family inhibitor domain containing
Alias: HIC, I-mfa domain-containing protein, myoD family inhibitor domain-containing protein
Publications130 found, 100 shown here
- Human I-mfa domain proteins specifically interact with KSHV LANA and affect its regulation of Wnt signaling-dependent transcriptionShuichi Kusano
Division of Persistent and Oncogenic Viruses, Center for Chronic Viral Diseases, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima University, 8 35 1 Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima 890 8544, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 396:608-13. 2010..We show here that the I-mfa domain proteins, HIC (human I-mfa domain-containing protein) and I-mfa (inhibitor of MyoD family a), interacted in vivo with LANA ..
- Expression profile and differential regulation of the Human I-mfa domain-Containing protein (HIC) gene in immune cellsLili Gu
School of Medicine and Medical Science, Centre for Research in Infectious Diseases, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
Immunol Lett 123:179-84. 2009The Human I-mfa domain-Containing protein, HIC, is a 246 amino acid protein that functions as a transcriptional regulator...
- The complex regulation of HIC (Human I-mfa domain containing protein) expressionElla Reiss-Sklan
Department of Biological Chemistry, Institute of Life Science, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
PLoS ONE 4:e6152. 2009Human I-mfa domain containing protein (HIC) differentially regulates transcription from viral promoters. HIC affects the Wnt pathway, the JNK/SAPK pathway and the activity of positive transcription elongation factor-b (P-TEFb)...
- Direct interaction of the human I-mfa domain-containing protein, HIC, with HIV-1 Tat results in cytoplasmic sequestration and control of Tat activityVirginie W Gautier
Department of Medical Microbiology, Centre for Research in Infectious Diseases, Conway Institute of Molecular and Biomedical Research, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:16362-7. 2005..we report and characterize the interaction of the human inhibitor of MyoD family domain-containing protein (I-mfa), HIC, with Tat at a biochemical and a functional level...
- The human I-mfa domain-containing protein, HIC, interacts with cyclin T1 and modulates P-TEFb-dependent transcriptionTara M Young
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, New Jersey Medical School, 185 South Orange Avenue, Newark, NJ 07013 2714, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:6373-84. 2003..Among the proteins isolated was the human I-mfa domain-containing protein (HIC)...
- I-mfa domain proteins interact with Axin and affect its regulation of the Wnt and c-Jun N-terminal kinase signaling pathwaysShuichi Kusano
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 27599 7295, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:6393-405. 2002..of myogenic basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors, and a related human I-mfa domain-containing protein (HIC) also has been identified as a protein that regulates Tat- and Tax-mediated expression of viral promoters...
- The 3'UTR of HIC mRNA improves the production of recombinant proteins in Chinese hamster ovary cellsJaron Liu
Expression Engineering Group, Bioprocessing Technology Institute, Agency for Science, Technology and Research A STAR, 20 Biopolis Way, 06 01 Centros, Singapore 138668, Singapore
J Biotechnol 139:152-5. 2009..It has been reported that the human I-mfa (inhibitor of MyoD family a) domain-containing protein (HIC) interacts with P-TEFb and that expression of HIC cDNA stimulates P-TEFb-dependent transcription...
- Developmental regulators containing the I-mfa domain interact with T cyclins and Tat and modulate transcriptionQi Wang
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ 07103 2714, USA
J Mol Biol 367:630-46. 2007..The related I-mfa (inhibitor of MyoD family a) and HIC (human I-mfa-domain-containing) proteins function in myogenic differentiation and embryonic development by ..
- Molecular cloning of a novel human I-mfa domain-containing protein that differently regulates human T-cell leukemia virus type I and HIV-1 expressionS Thebault
Institut de Biologie, Laboratoire Infections Retrovirales et Signalisation Cellulaire, CRBM CNRS UPR 1086, 4 Boulevard Henri IV, 34060 Montpellier, France
J Biol Chem 275:4848-57. 2000..The synthesis of this new factor, called HIC for Human I-mfa domain-Containing protein, is controlled at the translational level by two different codons, an ATG ..
- Leaking urine in Australian women: prevalence and associated conditionsP Chiarelli
Hunter Centre for Health Advancement
Women Health 29:1-13. 1999..mid-age women, 45-50 (N = 13,738) and older women, 70-75 (N = 12,417), were recruited randomly from the national HIC/Medicare database. Leaking urine was reported by approximately one in eight young women [estimated prevalence 12...
- Siderophore production by enterotoxigenic SalmonellaS F Jiwa
Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Sokoine University of Agriculture, Morogoro, Tanzania
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A 266:338-46. 1987Eleven Salmonella strains of diverse origin studied previously for enterotoxigenicity, cell surface hydrophobicity (HIC) and haemagglutination (HA) were studied for the production of a siderophore precursor 2,3-dihydroxybenzoic acid (DHB)..
- Enhanced cancer growth in mice administered daily human-equivalent doses of some H1-antihistamines: predictive in vitro correlatesL J Brandes
Department of Medicine, Manitoba Institute of Cell Biology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
J Natl Cancer Inst 86:770-5. 1994..It is thought that potency to bind to intracellular histamine receptors (HIC), some of which are on cytochromes P450, may correlate with tumor growth-promoting activity.
- Acacia senegal gum: continuum of molecular species differing by their protein to sugar ratio, molecular weight, and chargesDenis Renard
Unité de recherches Biopolymères, Interactions, Assemblages, INRA, rue de la Geraudiere, BP 71627 44316 Nantes Cedex 3, France
Biomacromolecules 7:2637-49. 2006..Three main molecular fractions were isolated after hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) and biochemical analyses confirmed the presence of an arabinogalactan-peptide (FI), an arabinogalactan-protein (..
- [Investigation of hydrophobic characteristics of biofilm producer and non-producer Staphylococcus aureus clinical isolates]Selma Ay
Inonu Universitesi Tip Fakultesi, Tibbi Mikrobiyoloji Anabilim Dali, Malatya
Mikrobiyol Bul 44:221-30. 2010..and phenyl-sepharose; Amersham Bioscience, Sweden) were studied by using hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) method. After butyl- and octyl-sepharose chromatography, it was determined that slime negative S...
- New approach for separating Bacillus subtilis metalloprotease and alpha-amylase by affinity chromatography and for purifying neutral protease by hydrophobic chromatographyI Lauer
Centre de Recherche TEPRAL, Branche Boissons du Groupe Danone, Strasbourg, France
J Chromatogr B Biomed Sci Appl 737:277-84. 2000..Purification was achieved by means of affinity chromatography on Cibacron Blue and HIC as a polishing step...
- Ethanol tolerance and withdrawal responses in GABA(A) receptor alpha 6 subunit null allele mice and in inbred C57BL/6J and strain 129/SvJ miceG E Homanics
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 22:259-65. 1998..At the end of the last treatment cycle, mice were scored for handling induced convulsions (HIC)...
- Study of the disulfide reduction of denatured proteins by liquid chromatography coupled with on-line cold-vapor-generation atomic-fluorescence spectrometry (LC-CVGAFS)Emilia Bramanti
Laboratory of Instrumental Analytical Chemistry, Italian National Research Council Istituto per i Processi Chimico Fisici, Via G Moruzzi 1, 56124 Pisa, Italy
Anal Bioanal Chem 380:310-8. 2004..chromatography coupled on-line with chemical-vapor-generation atomic-fluorescence spectrometry (HIC-CVGAFS), optimized recently for the analysis of thiol-containing proteins under denaturing conditions, has been ..
- Comparison of the protein adsorption selectivity of salt-promoted agarose-based adsorbents. Hydrophobic, thiophilic and electron donor-acceptor adsorbentsP P Berna
Biochemical Separation Centre, University of Uppsala, BMC, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 800:151-9. 1998..The conclusion of this work is two-fold: (1) hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) and electron donor-acceptor chromatography (EDAC) have opposed protein selectivities and are both salt-promoted...
- Ultrastructural sequences during liver iron overload in genetic hemochromatosisT C Iancu
B Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa
J Hepatol 27:628-38. 1997..The objective of the present study was to describe the ultrastructural changes in liver biopsies of patients in various stages of this condition and to correlate these with clinical, histopathological and biochemical data...
- Multidimensional analysis of denatured milk proteins by hydrophobic interaction chromatography coupled to a dynamic surface tension detectorEmilia Bramanti
Laboratory of Instrumental Analytical Chemistry, Istituto per i Processi Chimico Fisici, National Research Council of Italy CNR, Via G Moruzzi 1, 56124 Pisa, Italy
J Chromatogr A 1023:79-91. 2004..A hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) column (a TSK-Gel Phenyl-5PW column, TosoBiosep), in the presence of 3...
- [Morbidity due to intracerebral hemorrhage]F J López-González
Servicio de Neurologia, Complexo Hospitalario Universitario de Santiago Hospital Xeral de Galicia, Santiago de Compostela, Espana
Rev Neurol 27:755-8. 1998Intracerebral hemorrhage (HIC) represents 10-30% of all stroke. Epidemiological studies have shown factors associated with its high mortality, but those which might lead to lower morbidity are little known.
- Iron overload in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection: clinical and histological studyIvonete S S Silva
Department of Gastroenterology, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Rua Botucatu 740, 2nd Floor, CEP 04023 900 São Paulo SP, Brazil
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:243-8. 2005..of the present paper was to determine the prevalence of iron overload and to study the relationship between hepatic iron concentration (HIC) and clinical, biochemical and histological characteristics in chronic HCV-infected carriers.
- Hic-5 promotes endothelial cell migration to lysophosphatidic acidC Avraamides
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, and Sol Sherry Thrombosis Research Center, Temple University School of Medicine, 3400 N Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H193-203. 2007..Hydrogen peroxide-inducible clone 5 (Hic-5), a paxillin family member, is enriched in the focal adhesions in bovine pulmonary artery endothelial (BPAE) ..
- Interaction of fibrinogen with n-alkylagaroses and its purification by critical hydrophobicity hydrophobic interaction chromatograpyHerbert P Jennissen
Institut fur Physiologische Chemie, Universitat Duisburg Essen, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, D 45122 Essen 1, Germany
J Chromatogr A 1109:197-213. 2006A rational application of hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) to the purification of proteins has remained an enigma in spite of over 30 years of research...
- Hepatic iron overload in children with sickle cell anemia on chronic transfusion therapyKathy Brown
Department of Pediatric, Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Blair E Batson Hospital for Children, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 31:309-12. 2009..No firm consensus has been reached with regard to correlation between hepatic iron content (HIC) and variables including age, number of transfusions, and serum iron makers...
- Changes in solvent exposure reveal the kinetics and equilibria of adsorbed protein unfolding in hydrophobic interaction chromatographyR W Deitcher
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22904 4741, USA
J Chromatogr A 1217:5571-83. 2010..Here, we propose a physically based model of simultaneous protein adsorption, unfolding and hydrogen exchange in HIC. An accompanying experimental protocol, utilizing mass spectrometry to quantify deuterium labeling, enables the ..
- Interaction of the tau2 transcriptional activation domain of glucocorticoid receptor with a novel steroid receptor coactivator, Hic-5, which localizes to both focal adhesions and the nuclear matrixL Yang
Department of Pathology and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089, USA
Mol Biol Cell 11:2007-18. 2000b>Hic-5 (hydrogen peroxide-inducible clone-5) is a focal adhesion protein that is involved in cellular senescence...
- Concussion in professional football: comparison with boxing head impacts--part 10David C Viano
Mild Traumatic Brain Injury Committee, National Football League, New York, New York, USA
Neurosurgery 57:1154-72; discussion 1154-72. 2005..Olympic boxers threw four different punches at an instrumented Hybrid III dummy and responses were compared with laboratory-reconstructed NFL concussions...
- Monoliths from poly(ethylene glycol) diacrylate and dimethacrylate for capillary hydrophobic interaction chromatography of proteinsYuanyuan Li
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT 84602, USA
J Chromatogr A 1217:4934-45. 2010..chromatographic performance with respect to peak capacity and resolution in hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC)...
- Anticancer drugs are synergistic with freezing in induction of apoptosis in HCC cellsFangJun Yuan
Institute of Liver Surgery, DongFeng Hospital, Yunyang Medical College, 10 Daling Road, Shiyan, Hubei 442008, China
Cryobiology 57:60-5. 2008..cells (Bel-7402/R), as well as two control cell lines, the HCC cell line SMMC-7721 and a colorectal tumor cell line HIC-251...
- Erythrocyte membrane ion transport in offspring of hypertensive parents: effect of acute hyperinsulinemia and relation to insulin actionGabriela Suchankova
Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine, and Institute of Physiology, Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague, Czech Republic
Ann N Y Acad Sci 967:352-62. 2002..passive membrane permeability) were measured before and after a hyperinsulinemic (75 microU/mL) euglycemic clamp (HIC) and compared to those found under isoinsulinemic isovolumic conditions in OHP and C...
- Interaction of the porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus nucleocapsid protein with the inhibitor of MyoD family-a domain-containing proteinCheng Song
Department of Pathobiology, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1, Canada
Biol Chem 390:215-23. 2009..We identified by yeast two-hybrid screening the inhibitor of MyoD family-a (I-mfa) domain-containing protein (HIC) as a cellular partner for PRRS virus (PRRSV) N protein...
- The effects of arginine on protein binding and elution in hydrophobic interaction and ion-exchange chromatographyTsutomu Arakawa
Alliance Protein Laboratories, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360, USA
Protein Expr Purif 54:110-6. 2007..we have examined the effects of arginine on binding and elution of the proteins during hydrophobic interaction (HIC) and ion- exchange chromatographies (IEC) using recombinant monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) and human interleukin-6...
- Recruitment of SMRT/N-CoR-mSin3A-HDAC-repressing complexes is not a general mechanism for BTB/POZ transcriptional repressors: the case of HIC-1 and gammaFBP-BS Deltour
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unité Mixte de Recherche 8526, Institut de Biologie de Lille, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 1 rue Calmette, 59017 Lille Cedex, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:14831-6. 1999Hypermethylated in cancer (HIC-1), a new candidate tumor suppressor gene located in 17p13...
- Global/local head models to analyse cerebral blood vessel rupture leading to ASDH and SAHMohamad Zoghi-Moghadam
Department of Mechanical Engineering, The City College of the City University of New York, New York, NY 10031, USA
Comput Methods Biomech Biomed Engin 12:1-12. 2009..The global models were subjected to two sets of impact loads (head injury criterion, HIC = 740 and 1044). The relative displacements between the brain and skull were determined from GSM...
- Organotin contamination in the Atlantic Ocean off the Iberian Peninsula in relation to shippingJ L Gomez-Ariza
Department of Chemistry and Material Science, Faculty of Experimental Sciences, University of Huelva, Campus de El Carmen, 21007 Huelva, Spain
Chemosphere 64:1100-8. 2006..The study was part of a European project (acronym HIC-TBT) co-financed by the EU-LIFE programme, intending to investigate and communicate the impact of organotins from ..
- Nootropic activity of tuber extract of Pueraria tuberosa (Roxb)N Venkata Rao
Department of Pharmacology, V L College of Pharmacy, Raichur 584 103, India
Indian J Exp Biol 46:591-8. 2008..CIH), lithium-induced (5-HT mediated) head twitches (LIH) and haloperidol-induced (DA- mediated) catalepsy (HIC) models. Piracetam was used as the standard drug...
- Complex formation between PSA isoenzymes and protease inhibitorsJ Leinonen
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
J Urol 155:1099-103. 1996..We have studied complex formation between the isoenzymes of prostate specific antigen (PSA) and protease inhibitors in vitro...
- [Hospital stay after cerebral hemorrhage]J M Lainez
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital General Universitario de Valencia, Universidad de Valencia, Espana
Rev Neurol 25:1121-5. 1997..DEVELOPMENT AND CONCLUSIONS: We therefore review the aetiology, physiopathological course and complications of HIC in order to better understand the circumstances which affect the average hospital stay and identify the factors ..
- Molecular basis of androgenetic alopecia: From androgen to paracrine mediators through dermal papillaShigeki Inui
Department of Regenerative Dermatology, Osaka University School of Medicine, 2 2, G2, Yamadaoka, Suita Shi, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Dermatol Sci 61:1-6. 2011..Additionally, AR coactivator Hic-5/ARA55 is highly expressed in dermal papilla cells of hair follicles from androgen-sensitive sites such as AGA and ..
- The focal adhesion protein Hic-5 is highly expressed in the rat myometrium during late pregnancy and labour and co-localizes with FAKJenn M Croke
Division of Basic Medical Sciences, Health Sciences Centre, Faculty of Medicine, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John s, NL, Canada
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 5:22. 2007..The focal adhesion protein hydrogen peroxide-inducible clone-5 (Hic-5) has recently been found in mononuclear smooth muscle but was not examined in the myometrium during pregnancy...
- [A 3-year study of ultrasound examination of the central nervous system in high risk neonates at the hospital in Senta]G Vekonj-Fajka
Sluzba za zdravstvenu zastitu dece, Zdravstveni centar Dr Gere Istvan, Senta
Med Pregl 52:259-61. 1999....
- Hydrophobic interaction chromatography of proteins. I. The effects of protein and adsorbent properties on retention and recoveryBrian C S To
Merck Research Laboratories, Sumneytown Pike, West Point, PA 19486, USA
J Chromatogr A 1141:191-205. 2007..and adsorbent properties to retention and recovery were examined for hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) using eight commercially available phenyl media and five model proteins (ribonuclease A, lysozyme, alpha-..
- Survival after liver transplantation in patients with hepatic iron overload: the national hemochromatosis transplant registryKris V Kowdley
University of Washington, Seattle, 98195, USA
Gastroenterology 129:494-503. 2005..We examined the effect of HFE mutations on posttransplantation survival in patients with hepatic iron overload...
- [Effect of iron overload on experimental immunological liver injury in rats and the role of angiotensin]Jiaju Zhuang
Physiological department of Bethune Military Medical College, Shijiazhuang 050081, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 39:101-4. 2010..To investigate the effect of iron overload on experimental immunological liver injury in rats and the roles of losartan (LOS), which is the selective antagonist of angiotensin II receptor subtype AT1...
- Impact of Triton X-100 on alpha 2-antiplasmin (SERPINF2) activity in solvent/detergent-treated plasmaThierry Burnouf
Research Department, Human Plasma Product Services, 18 rue Saint Jacques, 59800 Lille, France
Biologicals 35:349-53. 2007..5% (v/v) soybean oil, centrifuged at 3800 x g for 30 min, and subjected to hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) to remove the SD agents...
- Comparative study of intracytoplasmic sperm injection and in vitro fertilization with high insemination concentration in sibling oocytes in the treatment of unexplained infertilityCharoenchai Chiamchanya
Department of Obstetric and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Thammasat University, Pathumthani, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 91:1155-60. 2008..couples may have fertilization failure; the in vitro fertilization (IVF) with high insemination concentration (HIC) and intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) were reported to give better fertilization rate when compared to ..
- Improving collaboration between private psychiatrists, the public mental health sector and general practitioners: evaluation of the Partnership ProjectJane Pirkis
Program Evaluation Unit, School of Population Health, University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 38:125-34. 2004..The evaluation aimed to describe the impacts and outcomes of these elements...
- Extension of the selection of protein chromatography and the rate model to affinity chromatographyG Sandoval
Centre for Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnology, Institute for Cell Dynamics and Biotechnology, University of Chile, Beauchef 850, Santiago, Chile
J Mol Recognit 23:609-17. 2010..The extension of the theory developed previously for ion-exchange and HIC chromatography to affinity separations is analyzed in this paper...
- Effect of different photo-activation methods on push out force, hardness and cross-link density of resin composite restorationsWilliam Cunha Brandt
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Dental Materials Division, Piracicaba Dental School, State University of Campinas, UNICAMP, Av Limeira 901, 13414 903, Piracicaba SP, Brazil
Dent Mater 24:846-50. 2008..To evaluate push out force, hardness and cross-link density (CLD) of composite restorations photo-activated by different methods...
- Interferon-gamma and interleukin-4 single nucleotide gene polymorphisms in ParacoccidioidomycosisA Bozzi
Departamento de Bioquímica e Imunologia do Instituto de Ciências Biológicas, UFMG, Caixa Postal 486, CEP 31 270 901, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Cytokine 48:212-7. 2009..IFN-gamma showed an increase occurrence of A/T genotype in both PCM patients and healthy individuals as control (HIC) (56% and 45%, respectively), while the allelic distribution showed 82% of A allele in the patients and 80% in the ..
- Hydrophobic interaction chromatography: harnessing multivalent protein-surface interactions for purification proceduresHerbert P Jennissen
Department of Physiological Chemistry, University of Duisberg Essen, Germany
Methods Mol Biol 305:81-99. 2005Hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) is one of the basic purification procedures in the biosciences...
- High resolution of multiple forms of rabbit reticulocyte hexokinase type I by hydrophobic interaction chromatographyV Stocchi
Istituto di Chimica Biologica, Giorgio Fornaini, , Italy
J Chromatogr A 676:51-63. 1994Hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) has been employed extensively in the separation of proteins by elution using a descending salt gradient, with and without the use of detergents or denaturing agents...
- Aberrant methylation of multiple tumor suppressor genes in aging liver, chronic hepatitis, and hepatocellular carcinomaNaoshi Nishida
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine and Charles A Sammons Cancer Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Hepatology 47:908-18. 2008..Normal liver tissues showed methylation primarily in group 1 loci (HIC-1, CASP8, GSTP1, SOCS1, RASSF1A, p16, APC), which was significantly higher than group 2 (CDH1, RUNX3, RIZ1, SFRP2, ..
- [Preparation and immunogenicity of a Pichia pastoris-derived hepatitis B vaccine containing preS1, preS2 and S epitopes]Chang Yao Tan
Laboratory of Biotechnology, Chengdu Institute of Biological Products, Chengdu 610023, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 23:700-3. 2007..SSIS2 antigen was extracted and purified by silica adsorption, HIC and SEC to 99% purity from the harvested cells...
- [Problems in model-beds for tuberculosis patients]Kunihiko Ito
Research Institute of Tuberculosis, Japan Anti Tuberculosis Association, Tokoyo, Japan
Kekkaku 84:9-14. 2009..To investigate the possibility and obstacles to care tuberculosis patients in general hospitals...
- DNA cytosine methylation profile in various cancer-related genes is altered in cultured rat hepatocyte cell lines as compared with primary hepatocytesKiyoshi Asada
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Nara Medical University, Kashihara, Nara 634 8521, Japan
Oncol Rep 15:1241-8. 2006..DNA cytosine methylation status in the promoter CpG islands of eight cancer-related genes (p16, Socs-1, Rassf1A, Hic-1, Dlc-1, Timp-1, Timp-2, and Timp-3) in five rat hepatocyte cell lines, including normal cell lines (Clone 9 and ..
- Hydrophobic nature of rat lymph chylomicronsTayfun Güldür
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Inonu University, Malatya 44069, Turkey
Clin Chim Acta 342:161-9. 2004..Some of the hydrophobic characteristics of rat lymph chylomicrons were investigated...
- Hepatic iron overload in patients with chronic viral hepatitis: role of HFE gene mutationsA Piperno
Istituto di Scienze Biomediche, Universita di Milano, Divisione di Medicina I, Ospedale S Gerardo, Monza, Italy
Hepatology 28:1105-9. 1998..Hepatic iron was evaluated by semiquantitative analysis in all the patients, and hepatic iron concentration (HIC) was determined in 97 of them (26 women, 71 men)...
- Cryoprotective activities of group 3 late embryogenesis abundant proteins from Chlorella vulgaris C-27K I Honjoh
Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Graduate School, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 64:1656-63. 2000The nucleotide sequence of hiC12, isolated as a cDNA clone of hardening-induced Chlorella (hiC) genes, was identified...
- Dynamic control of protein conformation transition in chromatographic separation based on hydrophobic interactions: molecular dynamics simulationLin Zhang
Department of Chemical Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
J Chromatogr A 1216:2483-90. 2009..of a protein in hydrophobic interaction based chromatography, including hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) and reversed-phase liquid chromatography (RPLC), and their impact on the separation process and performance were ..
- Steatosis is a cofactor in liver injury in hemochromatosisElizabeth E Powell
School of Medicine, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Gastroenterology 129:1937-43. 2005....
- [A case of mixed (parenchymatous meningo-basal) neurocysticercosis]S Manzano Blanco
, , Madrid,
Rev Neurol 25:1585-8. 1997..The commonest presenting symptoms are intracranial hypertension (HIC) in the extra-parenchymatous forms and convulsions in the parenchymatous forms...
- Evaluation of the pH- and thermal stability of the recombinant green fluorescent protein (GFP) in the presence of sodium chlorideMarina Ishii
Department of Biochemical and Pharmaceutical Technology, School of Pharmaceutical Science, University of Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 137:555-71. 2007..cells by the three-phase partitioning method and purified through a butyl hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) column, was diluted in water for injection (WFI) (pH 6.0-7.0) and in 10 mM buffer solutions (acetate, pH 5...
- Comparative performance of playground surfacing materials including conditions of extreme non-complianceA H Gunatilaka
Accident Research Centre, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Inj Prev 10:174-9. 2004....
- Fractional precipitation of plasmid DNA from lysate by CTABRussel J Lander
Merck and Co, Inc, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 79:776-84. 2002..Chromatographic methods such as hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC), reversed phase chromatography (RPC), and size exclusion chromatography (SEC) are the only effective means of ..
- Out on a limb: risk factors for arm fracture in playground equipment fallsS Sherker
NSW Injury Risk Management Research Centre, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Inj Prev 11:120-4. 2005..To investigate and quantify fall height, surface depth, and surface impact attenuation as risk factors for arm fracture in children who fall from playground equipment...
- [Tumors showing perivascular epithelioid cell differentiation: a clinicopathologic study of 39 cases]Dong lan Luo
Department of Pathology and Medical Laboratory, Guangdong Provincial People s Hospital, Guangzhou 510080, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:2909-13. 2007..To investigate the clinicopathologic features of tumors showing perivascular epithelioid cell differentiation (PEComas)...
- Cbl-c ubiquitin ligase activity is increased via the interaction of its RING finger domain with a LIM domain of the paxillin homolog, Hic 5Philip E Ryan
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e49428. 2012..In this study we identify a new Cbl-c interacting protein, Hydrogen peroxide Induced Construct 5 (Hic-5)...
- [Refractory arterial hypertension--where is the refractoriness? Hic rhodus, hic salta!]B Jelakovic
Zavod za nefrologiju i arterijsku hipertenziju, Klinika za unutrasnje bolesti Medicinskog, fakulteta Sveucilista u Zagrebu i Klinickoga bolnickog centra Zagreb
Lijec Vjesn 123:184-90. 2001..The treatment of RH patients is a serious challenge which may unfortunately be frustrating and not infrequently have a fatal outcome due to either disease progression or patient's obstinacy...
- Hic-5 affects proliferation, migration and invasion of B16 murine melanoma cellsFumihito Noguchi
Department of Regenerative Dermatology, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 25:773-82. 2012b>Hic-5 is a shuttling protein between the cell membrane and the nucleus which functions as a focal adhesion adaptor protein and a nuclear receptor coactivator...
- Effects of vehicle impact velocity, vehicle front-end shapes on pedestrian injury riskYong Han
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Xiamen University of Technology, Xiamen, China
Traffic Inj Prev 13:507-18. 2012..This study aimed at investigating the effects of vehicle impact velocity, vehicle front-end shape, and pedestrian size on injury risk to pedestrians in collisions with passenger vehicles with various frontal shapes...
- Paxillin and Hic-5 interaction with vinculin is differentially regulated by Rac1 and RhoANicholas O Deakin
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e37990. 2012..between the focal adhesion proteins vinculin and paxillin, as well as the closely related family member Hic-5 are spatially and reciprocally regulated by the activity of Rac1 and RhoA...
- Pedestrian headform testing: inferring performance at impact speeds and for headform masses not tested, and estimating average performance in a range of real-world conditionsT Paul Hutchinson
Centre for Automotive Safety Research, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
Traffic Inj Prev 13:402-11. 2012....
- Estimating medical expenditures spent on rule-out diagnoses in JapanShinichi Tanihara
Department of Hygiene and Preventive Medicine, School of Medicine, Fukuoka University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Eval Clin Pract 18:426-32. 2012..scheme in Japan's health insurance system, rule-out diagnoses must be included in a health insurance claim (HIC) to ensure reimbursement for clinical procedures whose results show that a suspected disease is not present...
- Biomechanical impact response of the human chin and manubriumJason A Stammen
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, East Liberty, OH, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 40:666-78. 2012..HYGE sled crash simulation tests, and these contact forces were strongly correlated with the Head Injury Criterion (HIC(36 ms))...
- Solubility and binding properties of PEGylated lysozyme derivatives with increasing molecular weight on hydrophobic-interaction chromatographic resinsEgbert Müller
Tosoh Bioscience GmbH, Stuttgart, Germany
J Chromatogr A 1217:4696-703. 2010..derivatives with varying molecular weights of poly (ethylene) glycol (PEG) with 5 kDa, 10 kDa and 30 kDa for HIC resins and columns are presented...
- Expression of focal adhesion proteins in the developing rat kidneySato Matsuura
Department of Pediatrics, Institute of Health Bioscience, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, Tokushima, Japan
J Histochem Cytochem 59:864-74. 2011..Focal adhesion kinase (FAK), paxillin, integrin-linked kinase (ILK), and hydrogen peroxide-inducible clone-5 (Hic-5) are major proteins that contribute to these events...
- Altered expression of iron regulatory genes in cirrhotic human livers: clues to the cause of hemosiderosis?Ottar M Bergmann
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Lab Invest 88:1349-57. 2008..controls and cirrhotic livers; there was a highly significant correlation between hepcidin transcript levels and HIC in the latter group...
- Nylon-6 capillary-channeled polymer (C-CP) fibers as a hydrophobic interaction chromatography stationary phase for the separation of proteinsRayman D Stanelle
Department of Chemistry, Biosystems Research Complex, Clemson University, Clemson, SC, 29634 1905, USA
Anal Bioanal Chem 393:273-81. 2009..polymer (C-CP) fibers are used as the stationary phase for the hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) separation of a synthetic protein mixture composed of ribonuclease A, lysozyme, and holotransferrin...
- Defining process design space for a hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) purification step: application of quality by design (QbD) principlesCanping Jiang
Manufacturing Sciences and Technology, Bristol Myers Squibb Co, East Syracuse, New York 13057, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 107:985-97. 2010..This paper outlines the development of a design space for a hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) process step...
- Optimization of hydrophobic interaction chromatography using a mathematical model of elution curves of a protein mixtureMaría Elena Lienqueo
Department of Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology, Institute for Cell Dynamics and Biotechnology, University of Chile, Beauchef 861, Santiago, Chile
J Mol Recognit 22:110-20. 2009This paper describes a methodology for optimizing performance of hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) for protein mixtures in which Rate Model simulations and evaluation of cost function are used...
- [Effects of marine collagen peptides on blood glucose and lipid metabolism in hyperinsulinemic rats]Junbo Wang
Department of Nutrition and Food Hygiene, School of Public Health, Peking University, Beijing 100191, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 39:143-6. 2010..To observe the effects of marine collagen peptides (MCPs) on blood glucose and lipid metabolism in hyperinsulinemic rats...
- Transforming growth factor-β1-induced transcript 1 protein, a novel marker for smooth muscle contractile phenotype, is regulated by serum response factor/myocardin proteinXiaobo Wang
Center for Cardiovascular Sciences, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12208, USA
J Biol Chem 286:41589-99. 2011..Previous studies have shown that transforming growth factor-β1-induced transcript 1 (TGFB1I1, also known as Hic-5) is a TGF-β-responsive gene and is involved in the cellular response to vascular injury, but the regulation of ..
- Effect of mouthguards on head responses and mandible forces in football helmet impactsDavid C Viano
ProBiomechanics LLC, 265 Warrington Rd, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304 2952, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 40:47-69. 2012..In phase 1, one of five mouthguards significantly lowered HIC in 6.7 m/s impacts (p = 0.025) from the no mouthguard condition but not in 9.5 m/s tests...
- Predicting iron overload in hyperferritinemiaJohn K Olynyk
School of Medicine and Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Western Australia, Nedlands, Western Australia
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 7:359-62. 2009..Hyperferritinemia is a common abnormality. This study determined the prevalence of hepatic iron overload in subjects of northern European origin with hyperferritinemia...
- Impact performance of modern football helmetsDavid C Viano
ProBiomechanics LLC, 265 Warrington Rd, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 40:160-74. 2012..with an array of 3-2-2-2 accelerometers to determine translational acceleration, rotational acceleration, and HIC. Twenty-three (23) different impacts were conducted on four identical helmets of each model at eight sites on the ..
- Chronic hepatitis C: hepatic iron content does not correlate with response to antiviral therapyPatricia da Silva Fucuta Pereira
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatitis Section, Federal University of Sao Paulo, SP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 51:331-6. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate the influence of hepatic iron concentration (HIC) on the sustained virological response (SVR) to antiviral therapy in patients with chronic hepatitis C...
- Assessment of COMT isolation by HIC using a dual salt system and low temperatureV S Nunes
CICS Centro de Investigação em Ciências da Saúde, Universidade da Beira Interior, 6201 001 Covilha, Portugal
Biomed Chromatogr 24:858-62. 2010..dual salt system, ammonium sulfate (AS) and SC on binding and elution conditions of recombinant hSCOMT on typical HIC sorbents...
- The potential for brain injury on selected surfaces used by cheerleadersBrenda J Shields
Center for Injury Research and Policy, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, 700 Children s Drive, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
J Athl Train 44:595-602. 2009..Although playground surfaces have been investigated for fall impact attenuation, the surfaces that cheerleaders use have received little attention...
- Site-directed mutagenesis as a probe of the acid-base catalytic mechanism of homoisocitrate dehydrogenase from Saccharomyces cerevisiaeYing Lin
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Oklahoma, 620 Parrington Oval, Norman, Oklahoma 73018, USA
Biochemistry 48:7305-12. 2009..by approximately 2400- and approximately 680-fold, respectively, compared to that of wild-type HIcDH; the K(m) for HIc does not change significantly...
- Impact of curing protocol on the selected properties of a model bis-GMA/TEGDMA dental resin compositeMurilo B Lopes
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, North of Paraná University, Rua Marselha, 183, 86041 140 Londrina, PR, Brazil
Biomed Mater 4:025014. 2009..The protocols tested were: high-intensity continuous (HIC-500 mW cm(-2) for 20 s), medium-intensity continuous (MIC-250 mW cm(-2) for 40 s), low-intensity continuous (LIC-..
- Smad7 is inactivated through a direct physical interaction with the LIM protein Hic-5/ARA55H Wang
Department of Pharmacology, Division of General Medical Sciences Oncology, Case Comprehensive Cancer Center, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Oncogene 27:6791-805. 2008We recently reported that hydrogen peroxide-inducible clone-5 (Hic-5, also named androgen receptor-associated protein 55) can bind to the transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta)-signaling regulator Smad3, thereby inhibiting certain ..
- Novel function of androgen receptor-associated protein 55/Hic-5 as a negative regulator of Smad3 signalingHui Wang
Ireland Cancer Center Research Laboratories and Department of Pharmacology, Case Western Reserve University University Hospitals, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 280:5154-62. 2005Androgen receptor-associated protein 55 (ARA55/Hic-5) belongs to the LIM protein superfamily and is featured by three or four N-terminal LD motifs and four C-terminal zinc finger-like LIM domains...
- Cardiac myosin isoforms from different species have unique enzymatic and mechanical propertiesUlf P Malmqvist
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont 05405 0068, USA
Biochemistry 43:15058-65. 2004..Hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) was used to purify myosin from mouse, rabbit, and pig hearts...
- Effect of surface hydrophobicity distribution on retention of ribonucleases in hydrophobic interaction chromatographyA Mahn
Department of Chemical Engineering, Centre for Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnology, Millennium Institute for Advanced Studies in Cell Biology and Biotechnology, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Chromatogr A 1043:47-55. 2004..The effect of surface hydrophobicity distribution of proteins on retention in hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) was investigated...
- Hydrophobic interaction chromatography at low salt concentration for the capture of monoclonal antibodiesYoshio Kato
Nanyo Research Laboratory, Tosoh Corporation, Kaisei cho 4560, Shunan, Yamaguchi 746 8501, Japan
J Chromatogr A 1036:45-50. 2004We evaluated hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) at low salt concentration for the capture of proteins from feed stocks by using monoclonal antibodies as model samples...
- NCAP test improvements with pretensioners and load limitersMarie Walz
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, U S Department of Transportation, Washington, DC 20590, USA
Traffic Inj Prev 5:18-25. 2004..The combination of pretensioners and load limiters is estimated to reduce Head Injury Criterion (HIC) by 232, chest acceleration by an average of 6.6 g's, and chest deflection (displacement) by 10...
- Can shaking alone cause fatal brain injury? A biomechanical assessment of the Duhaime shaken baby syndrome modelC Z Cory
Medical Engineering Research Centre, Cardiff School of Engineering, Cardiff University, The Parade, PO Box 925, Cardiff CF24 0YF
Med Sci Law 43:317-33. 2003..were identified in the shake cycles, therefore, an impact-based head injury measure (Head Injury Criterion - HIC) was utilized to assess their severity...
- Pilot study of the relationship between histologic progression and hepatic iron concentration in chronic hepatitis CAnne M Larson
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 37:406-11. 2003..This pilot study examines the relationship between hepatic iron concentration (HIC) and histologic progression over time in patients with HCV...
- How the sequestration of a protein interferes with its mechanism of action: example of a new family of proteins characterized by a particular cysteine-rich carboxy-terminal domain involved in gene expression regulationS Thebault
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, PO Box 419100, San Francisco, CA 94141 9100, USA
Curr Protein Pept Sci 2:155-67. 2001..This family presently includes three members: I-mfa (inhibitor of MyoD family), HIC p40 and HIC p32 (human I-mfa domain-containing protein)...
- METHYLATION OF THE CALCITONIN GENE IN HUMAN TUMORSStephen Baylin; Fiscal Year: 2007..In the first specific aim, we have created a mouse knockout model for HIC-1 (Hypermethylated-in-Cancer-1), a gene cloned by screening for hypermethylated loci in a frequent LOH area for ..
- Alkylammonium Formate Mobile Phase Modifiers for Protein Liquid ChromatographyNEIL DANIELSON; Fiscal Year: 2007..Both reversed phase LC and hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) of proteins will be characterized using MAF and EAF as mobile phase modifiers and improved resolution particularly ..
- Massive Iron Deposit Assessment (MIDAS)CLAUDIA M contact HILLENBRAND; Fiscal Year: 2010..via its effect on tissue relaxation properties, have been used to noninvasively measure hepatic iron concentration (HIC)...
- Room Temp Susceptometry For Hepatic Iron MeasurementKris Kowdley; Fiscal Year: 2006..At present, biochemical measurement of hepatic iron concentration (HIC) is considered the most sensitive method for clinical assessment of iron overload...
- Matrix & Lysolipids Regulate Endothelial Cell MigrationTRACEE PANETTI; Fiscal Year: 2006..We demonstrated that recruitment of Hic-5 is a critical difference between migrating BPAE cells attached to gelatin and non-migrating BPAE cells attached ..
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF PAXILLINChristopher E Turner; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Hic-5, a close relative of paxillin is upregulated during epithelial-mesenchymal transition to promote cell migration ..
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF PAXILLINChristopher Turner; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Hic-5, a close relative of paxillin is upregulated during epithelial-mesenchymal transition to promote cell migration ..
- Regulation of Podocyte Structure by the Binding ProteinWilliam Smoyer; Fiscal Year: 2006..of this protection, we screened a glomerular yeast two-hybrid library for hsp27-binding proteins, and found hic-5, a known focal adhesion and steroid receptor co-activator protein...
- TUMOR SUPPRESSOR GENE METHYLATION IN LUNG ADENOCARCINOMASteven Belinsky; Fiscal Year: 2002..The four TSGs selected p16, ER, HIC-1, and E-cadherin, are all inactivated by methylation and involved in adenocarcinoma...
- EBV EXPRESSION IN NASOPHARYNGEAL CARCINOMANancy Raab Traub; Fiscal Year: 2009..used two hybrid analysis with one of the BART ORFs, RK-BARF0, and determined that RK-BARF0 interacts with Notch, HIC, epithelin, and scramblase...
- Regulation of HIV transcription by Tat and P-TEPbTSAFI PE ERY; Fiscal Year: 2004..in HIV-1 latency and reactivation, and to investigate the regulation of these proteins by the cellular factors HIC and granulin...
- INTRACELLULAR MECHANISMS OF GLUCOCORTICOID ACTIONDonald Defranco; Fiscal Year: 2005..Furthermore, HIC-5 does not appear to be restricted to focal adhesions, as a fraction has been localized to the nuclear matrix...
- Hypoxia-induced Endothelial Barrier DysfunctionUsamah Kayyali; Fiscal Year: 2009..through the p38 MAP kinase pathway involving MK2 and HSP27 activation that leads to actin cytoskeleton and hic-5 redistribution...
- Roles for HIC1 in neural development and tumor suppressionDavid Watkins; Fiscal Year: 2007..that HIC1 is a transcriptional represser required for neural differentiation, and (2) epigenetic silencing of the HIC-1 plays a critical role in the development of medulloblastoma...
- Roles for HIC1 in neural development and tumor suppressionDAVID NEIL WATKINS; Fiscal Year: 2010..that HIC1 is a transcriptional represser required for neural differentiation, and (2) epigenetic silencing of the HIC-1 plays a critical role in the development of medulloblastoma...
- Proteomic /Genetic Approaches to Monoamine TransportersGonzalo Torres; Fiscal Year: 2007..Aim II: To elucidate the physiological role of PICK1 and Hic-5 in the regulation of DAT function using genetic approaches...
- ALCOHOL PREDISPOSITION: COMPARATIVE WITHDRAWAL SYNDROMESJohn Belknap; Fiscal Year: 1992..lines of mice which have been selectively-bred for either increased or decreased handling- induced convulsions (HIC) following withdrawal from ethanol (WSP and WSR lines)...
- Effect of HIV Tat on endothelial cell functionLance Terada; Fiscal Year: 2007..A secondary screen for TRAF4-interacting proteins yielded the Proline-rich Tyrosine Kinase-2 (Pyk2)scaffold Hic-5...
- PHOSPHOENOLPYRUVATE--GLYCOSE PHOSPHOTRANSFERASE SYSTEMSaul Roseman; Fiscal Year: 2000..We have now constructed 15 crr (HIC*) mutants, and these will be used to further probe interactions between this key regulatory molecule and P-BPr, and ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS CONTROLLING PROGRAMMED CELL DEATHLawrence Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2003..Ectopic expression of DALP, or its mammalian paralog Hic-5, blocks differentiation and induces apoptosis in mouse C2Ct2 myoblasts...
- Creation of a PDGF-C Autocrine Loop by HIC1 InactivationBrian Rood; Fiscal Year: 2007..the importance of chromosome 17p deletion and epigenetic inactivation in the silencing of the tumor suppressor gene HIC-1 in medulloblastoma...