Gene Symbol: HYMAI
Description: hydatidiform mole associated and imprinted (non-protein coding)
- A novel imprinted gene, HYMAI, is located within an imprinted domain on human chromosome 6 containing ZACT Arima
Wellcome CRC Institute of Cancer and Developmental Biology and Physiological Laboratory, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
Genomics 67:248-55. 2000..Here we report the identification of a novel imprinted gene, HYMAI. This gene exhibits differential DNA methylation between the two parental alleles at an adjacent CpG island and is ..
- Relaxation of imprinted expression of ZAC and HYMAI in a patient with transient neonatal diabetes mellitusD J G Mackay
Wessex Regional Genetics Laboratory, Salisbury District Hospital, Wiltshire, UK
Hum Genet 110:139-44. 2002..Two genes partially overlap the island: the cell-cycle-control gene ZAC and the untranslated gene HYMAI, the function of which is currently unknown...
- Impaired glucose homeostasis in transgenic mice expressing the human transient neonatal diabetes mellitus locus, TNDMDan Ma
Developmental Genetics Programme, The Babraham Institute, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Clin Invest 114:339-48. 2004..of one or both genes within the TNDM locus: ZAC, which encodes a proapoptotic zinc finger protein, and HYMAI, which encodes an untranslated mRNA...
- Assessment of the role of common genetic variation in the transient neonatal diabetes mellitus (TNDM) region in type 2 diabetes: a comparative genomic and tagging single nucleotide polymorphism approachAnna L Gloyn
Diabetes Research Laboratories, Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Oxford, UK
Diabetes 55:2272-6. 2006..Using a study sufficiently powered to detect odds ratios of <1.2, we conclude that common variation in the TNDM region does not play an important role in the genetic susceptibility to type 2 diabetes...
- The human HYMAI/PLAGL1 differentially methylated region acts as an imprint control region in miceTakahiro Arima
Division of Molecular and Cell Therapeutics, Department of Molecular Genetics, Kyusyu University, Beppu, Oita 874 0838, Japan
Genomics 88:650-8. 2006..Two paternally expressed human genes, HYMAI and PLAGL1 (LOT1/ZAC), are located within human chromosome 6q24...