Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HYAL3
Description: hyaluronoglucosaminidase 3
Alias: HYAL-3, LUCA-3, LUCA3, hyaluronidase-3, lung carcinoma protein 3
- Fiszer Szafarz B, Litynska A, Zou L. Human hyaluronidases: electrophoretic multiple forms in somatic tissues and body fluids. Evidence for conserved hyaluronidase potential N-glycosylation sites in different mammalian species. J Biochem Biophys Methods. 2000;45:103-16 pubmed..This site was absent in human HYAL3 and in all sperm hyaluronidases (PH-20) studied (human, macaque, mouse, guinea pig, rabbit and fox)...
- Triggs Raine B, Salo T, Zhang H, Wicklow B, Natowicz M. Mutations in HYAL1, a member of a tandemly distributed multigene family encoding disparate hyaluronidase activities, cause a newly described lysosomal disorder, mucopolysaccharidosis IX. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:6296-300 pubmed..show that these two hyaluronidase genes, as well as a third recently discovered adjacent hyaluronidase gene, HYAL3, have markedly different tissue expression patterns, consistent with differing roles in HA metabolism...
- Basu K, Sen A, Ray K, Ghosh I, Datta K, Mukhopadhyay A. Genetic association and gene-gene interaction of HAS2, HABP1 and HYAL3 implicate hyaluronan metabolic genes in glaucomatous neurodegeneration. Dis Markers. 2012;33:145-54 pubmed..synthesizing gene - hyaluronan synthase 2 (HAS2), hyaluronan binding protein 1 (HABP1) and HA catabolic gene hyaluronidase 3 (HYAL3) in the primary open angle glaucoma (POAG) patients in the Indian population...
- Bouga H, Tsouros I, Bounias D, Kyriakopoulou D, Stavropoulos M, Papageorgakopoulou N, et al. Involvement of hyaluronidases in colorectal cancer. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:499 pubmed publisher..The results provided new evidence on the mechanisms involved in the progression of colorectal cancer. ..
- Stern R. Devising a pathway for hyaluronan catabolism: are we there yet?. Glycobiology. 2003;13:105R-115R pubmed..Most of these highly dynamic interactions remain to be determined. It is also proposed that malignant cells can commandeer some of these interactions for facilitating tumor growth and spread. ..
- Kurdykowski S, Mine S, Bardey V, Danoux L, Jeanmaire C, Pauly G, et al. Ultraviolet-B irradiation induces differential regulations of hyaluronidase expression and activity in normal human keratinocytes. Photochem Photobiol. 2011;87:1105-12 pubmed publisher..The mRNA expression of HYAL1, HYAL2 and HYAL3 and the hyaluronidase enzymatic activity were quantified using real-time PCR and a microtiter-based assay, ..
- Zhang R, Zhu J, Fan J, Ji X. Analysis of HYAL3 gene mutations in Chinese lung squamous cell carcinoma patients. Tumori. 2013;99:108-12 pubmed publisherIn a previous study, we found a hyaluronidase 3 (HYAL3) gene mutation in exon 2 at position 188 by genome sequencing in a lung squamous cell carcinoma patient. The mutation results in substitution of serine for alanine...
- Csoka A, Scherer S, Stern R. Expression analysis of six paralogous human hyaluronidase genes clustered on chromosomes 3p21 and 7q31. Genomics. 1999;60:356-61 pubmed..3 (HYAL1, HYAL2, and HYAL3) and 7q31.3 (HYAL4, SPAM1 (PH-20), and HYALP1)...
- Chow G, Knudson C, Knudson W. Expression and cellular localization of human hyaluronidase-2 in articular chondrocytes and cultured cell lines. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2006;14:849-58 pubmed..Thus, local turnover of HA is dependent on receptor-mediated endocytosis and delivery to low pH intracellular organelles for its complete degradation. ..
- Lokeshwar V, Schroeder G, Carey R, Soloway M, Iida N. Regulation of hyaluronidase activity by alternative mRNA splicing. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:33654-63 pubmed..cDNA cloning, DNA sequencing, and in vitro translation, we identified splice variants of HYAL1 and HYAL3. HYAL1v1 variant lacks a 30-amino acid (aa) sequence (301-330) present in HYAL1 protein...
- Shuttleworth T, Wilson M, Wicklow B, Wilkins J, Triggs Raine B. Characterization of the murine hyaluronidase gene region reveals complex organization and cotranscription of Hyal1 with downstream genes, Fus2 and Hyal3. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:23008-18 pubmed..approaches to examine the organization of the mouse chromosome 9 region containing, in order, Hyal2, Hyal1, and Hyal3. This region was found to be complex, with Fus2 partially embedded in Hyal3, and Ifrd2 immediately downstream from ..
- Rai S, Duh F, Vigdorovich V, Danilkovitch Miagkova A, Lerman M, Miller A. Candidate tumor suppressor HYAL2 is a glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-anchored cell-surface receptor for jaagsiekte sheep retrovirus, the envelope protein of which mediates oncogenic transformation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:4443-8 pubmed..The finding that JSRV env is oncogenic and the identification of HYAL2 as the JSRV receptor provide tools for further investigation of the mechanism of JSRV oncogenesis and its relationship to human bronchiolo-alveolar carcinoma. ..
- Reese K, Aravindan R, Griffiths G, Shao M, Wang Y, Galileo D, et al. Acidic hyaluronidase activity is present in mouse sperm and is reduced in the absence of SPAM1: evidence for a role for hyaluronidase 3 in mouse and human sperm. Mol Reprod Dev. 2010;77:759-72 pubmed publisher..Here we report that acidic "somatic" Hyaluronidase 3 (HYAL3), a homolog of SPAM1 with 74...
- Harada H, Takahashi M. CD44-dependent intracellular and extracellular catabolism of hyaluronic acid by hyaluronidase-1 and -2. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:5597-607 pubmed..Based on these findings, Hyal-1 and -2 contribute to intracellular and extracellular catabolism of HA, respectively, in a CD44-dependent manner, and their HA degradation occurs independently from one another. ..
- Adams J, Sander G, Byers S. Expression of hyaluronan synthases and hyaluronidases in the MG63 osteoblast cell line. Matrix Biol. 2006;25:40-6 pubmed..In mineralising MG63 cells a 62-fold increase in hyaluronidase 2, a 13-fold increase in hyaluronidase 3, and a 3-fold increase in hyaluronidase 4 expression were observed when compared to non-mineralising cells; ..
- Nicoll S, Barak O, Csoka A, Bhatnagar R, Stern R. Hyaluronidases and CD44 undergo differential modulation during chondrogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;292:819-25 pubmed..Marked increase in HYAL1 expression was observed, with only moderate increases occurring in HYAL2 and HYAL3. No expression of HYAL4 and PH-20, the sperm-associated hyaluronidase, was detected...
- de Sá V, Canavez F, Silva I, Srougi M, Leite K. Isoforms of hyaluronidases can be a predictor of a prostate cancer of good prognosis. Urol Oncol. 2009;27:377-81 pubmed publisher..6 months. A profile of HAase related to low Gleason score and non-tumor recurrence was characterized by expression of HYAL3-v1, HYAL1-v3, and HYAL3-v2. More studies should be made in order to confirm with larger series.
- Nikolic D, Ziori C, Kostaki M, Fontao L, Saurat J, Kaya G. Hyalurosome gene regulation and dose-dependent restoration of skin atrophy by retinaldehyde and defined-size hyaluronate fragments in dermatoporosis. Dermatology. 2014;229:110-5 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that topically applied RAL and HAFi regulate hyalurosome gene expression in dermatoporosis and that they show a dose-dependent effect on the correction of skin atrophy in dermatoporotic patients. ..