Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HUEL
Description: solute carrier family 30 member 9
Alias: BILAPES, C4orf1, GAC63, HUEL, ZNT9, zinc transporter 9, GRIP1-dependent nuclear receptor coactivator, expressed in human embryonic lung, human embryonic lung protein, solute carrier family 30 (zinc transporter), member 9, znT-9
- Falcon Perez J, Dell Angelica E. Zinc transporter 2 (SLC30A2) can suppress the vesicular zinc defect of adaptor protein 3-depleted fibroblasts by promoting zinc accumulation in lysosomes. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:1473-83 pubmed
- Sim D, Chow V. The novel human HUEL (C4orf1) gene maps to chromosome 4p12-p13 and encodes a nuclear protein containing the nuclear receptor interaction motif. Genomics. 1999;59:224-33 pubmed..This gene was designated HUEL and given the symbol C4orf1 by the HUGO Nomenclature Committee...
- Bodiga V, Thokala S, Kovur S, Bodiga S. Zinc Dyshomeostasis in Cardiomyocytes after Acute Hypoxia/Reoxygenation. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2017;179:117-129 pubmed publisher..Neither hypoxia nor reoxygenation altered the levels of ZnT9. Increased intracellular zinc at the end of hypoxia is related to enhanced expression of ZIPs, whereas decreased ..
- Hardt S, Heidler J, Albuquerque B, Valek L, Altmann C, Wilken Schmitz A, et al. Loss of synaptic zinc transport in progranulin deficient mice may contribute to progranulin-associated psychopathology and chronic pain. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Basis Dis. 2017;1863:2727-2745 pubmed publisher..In particular, progranulin deficiency was associated with a deficiency of nuclear and synaptic zinc transporters (ZnT9/Slc30a9; ZnT3/Slc30a3) with low plasma zinc...
- Cheng X, Xu C, DeGiorgio M. Fast and robust detection of ancestral selective sweeps. Mol Ecol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Finally, we provide open-source software, CalcABS, which can perform genomic scans of ancestral sweeps with ABS from population allele frequency data. This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved...
- Chen Y, Kim J, Stallcup M. GAC63, a GRIP1-dependent nuclear receptor coactivator. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:5965-72 pubmed..In this study, we identified a novel NR coactivator, GAC63, which binds to the N-terminal region of p160 coactivators as well as the ligand binding domains of some NRs...
- Kang X, Chen R, Zhang J, Li G, Dai P, Chen C, et al. Expression Profile Analysis of Zinc Transporters (ZIP4, ZIP9, ZIP11, ZnT9) in Gliomas and their Correlation with IDH1 Mutation Status. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2015;16:3355-60 pubmed..IDH1 mutation status and mRNA expression of four zinc transporters (ZIP4, ZIP9, ZIP11, and ZnT9) were determined by subjecting a panel of 74 glioma tissue samples to quantitative real-time PCR and pyrosequencing...
- Overbeck S, Uciechowski P, Ackland M, Ford D, Rink L. Intracellular zinc homeostasis in leukocyte subsets is regulated by different expression of zinc exporters ZnT-1 to ZnT-9. J Leukoc Biol. 2008;83:368-80 pubmed..These data provide insight into the regulation of intracellular zinc homeostasis in cells of the immune system and may explain the variable effects of zinc deficiency on different leukocyte subsets. ..