Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HTR2C
Description: 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 2C
Alias: 5-HT1C, 5-HT2C, 5-HTR2C, 5HTR2C, HTR1C, 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 2C, 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) receptor 2C, G protein-coupled, 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 1C, serotonin 5-HT-1C receptor, serotonin 5-HT-2C receptor
- Pooley E, Houston K, Hawton K, Harrison P. Deliberate self-harm is associated with allelic variation in the tryptophan hydroxylase gene (TPH A779C), but not with polymorphisms in five other serotonergic genes. Psychol Med. 2003;33:775-83 pubmed..oxidase A (MAOA G941T), 5-HT1B receptor (HTR1B G861C), 5-HT2A receptor (HTR2A T102C), and 5-HT2C receptor (HTR2C Cys23Ser). Genotyping was done using polymerase chain reaction (PCR)-based assays...
- Iordanidou M, Tavridou A, Vasiliadis M, Arvanitidis K, Petridis J, Christakidis D, et al. The -759C/T polymorphism of the 5-HT2C receptor is associated with type 2 diabetes in male and female Caucasians. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2008;18:153-9 pubmed publisher..Lower frequency of -759T allele of the 5- HT2C receptor gene was associated with type 2 diabetes but not with obesity in male and female Caucasians. Thus, this polymorphism might constitute a prognostic marker for diabetic risk. ..
- Lappalainen J, Zhang L, Dean M, Oz M, Ozaki N, Yu D, et al. Identification, expression, and pharmacology of a Cys23-Ser23 substitution in the human 5-HT2c receptor gene (HTR2C). Genomics. 1995;27:274-9 pubmed..Linkage analysis placed the 5-HT2C receptor gene (HTR2C) on Xq24...
- Manchia M, Zai C, Squassina A, Vincent J, De Luca V, Kennedy J. Mixture regression analysis on age at onset in bipolar disorder patients: investigation of the role of serotonergic genes. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2010;20:663-70 pubmed publisherBipolar Disorder (BPD) is a complex psychiatric disease with a relevant underlying genetic basis. HTR2A T102C, HTR2C Cys23Ser, SLC6A4 5-HTTLPR and rs25531 polymorphisms were genotyped in 230 BPD patients and inserted as covariates in a ..
- Werry T, Gregory K, Sexton P, Christopoulos A. Characterization of serotonin 5-HT2C receptor signaling to extracellular signal-regulated kinases 1 and 2. J Neurochem. 2005;93:1603-15 pubmed..Our findings underscore the potential for exploiting pathway-selective receptor states in the differential modulation of signaling pathways that play prominent roles in normal and abnormal neuronal signaling. ..
- Racchi M, Leone M, Porrello E, Rigamonti A, Govoni S, Sironi M, et al. Familial migraine with aura: association study with 5-HT1B/1D, 5-HT2C, and hSERT polymorphisms. Headache. 2004;44:311-7 pubmed..Our data do not support the involvement of 5-HT(1B/1D) and 5-HT(2C) receptor gene polymorphisms in migraine with aura, yet do suggest a possible role for a locus at or near the hSERT gene in the susceptibility to migraine with aura. ..
- Serretti A, Mandelli L, Giegling I, Schneider B, Hartmann A, Schnabel A, et al. HTR2C and HTR1A gene variants in German and Italian suicide attempters and completers. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2007;144B:291-9 pubmedThe serotonin 2C (HTR2C) and 1A (HTR1A) receptors have been involved in suicide-related behaviors. We studied gene variants of both receptors in suicide attempters and completers...
- Zhang J, Shen Y, He G, Li X, Meng J, Guo S, et al. Lack of association between three serotonin genes and suicidal behavior in Chinese psychiatric patients. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2008;32:467-71 pubmed..involved in suicidal behavior and there is evidence of biological abnormalities of two serotonin receptors (HTR2A, HTR2C) and one serotonin transporter (5HTT) in suicide victims...
- De Luca V, Tharmaligam S, Strauss J, Kennedy J. 5-HT2C receptor and MAO-A interaction analysis: no association with suicidal behaviour in bipolar patients. Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2008;258:428-33 pubmed publisherThe serotonin 2C (HTR2C) receptor has been implicated in suicide-related behaviours, however there are not many studies to date about HTR2C and suicidality...
- Hoyer D, Hannon J, Martin G. Molecular, pharmacological and functional diversity of 5-HT receptors. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2002;71:533-54 pubmed..The reward for unravelling this complex array of serotonin receptor--effector systems may be substantial, the ultimate prize being the development of important new drugs in a range of disease areas. ..
- Labasque M, Reiter E, Becamel C, Bockaert J, Marin P. Physical interaction of calmodulin with the 5-hydroxytryptamine2C receptor C-terminus is essential for G protein-independent, arrestin-dependent receptor signaling. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:4640-50 pubmed publisher..This signaling pathway might be involved in neurogenesis induced by chronic treatment with 5-HT(2C) receptor agonists and their antidepressant-like activity. ..
- Luo S, Lu Y, Wang F, Xie Z, Huang X, Dong Q, et al. Association between polymorphisms in the serotonin 2C receptor gene and premature ejaculation in Han Chinese subjects. Urol Int. 2010;85:204-8 pubmed publisher..Further investigation in this field is necessary. ..
- Saltzman A, Morse B, Whitman M, Ivanshchenko Y, Jaye M, Felder S. Cloning of the human serotonin 5-HT2 and 5-HT1C receptor subtypes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;181:1469-78 pubmed..The availability of the cloned human 5-HT2 and 5-HT1C receptors will help facilitate the further understanding of the molecular pharmacology and physiology of these receptors. ..
- Li J, Wang Y, Zhou R, Zhang H, Yang L, Wang B, et al. Association between polymorphisms in serotonin 2C receptor gene and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in Han Chinese subjects. Neurosci Lett. 2006;407:107-11 pubmed..g., MAOA and MAOB) have been pursued as candidates for influencing risk for the disorder. HTR2C is also located on the X chromosome...
- Millan M. Serotonin 5-HT2C receptors as a target for the treatment of depressive and anxious states: focus on novel therapeutic strategies. Therapie. 2005;60:441-60 pubmed
- Brummett B, Babyak M, Jiang R, Shah S, Becker R, Haynes C, et al. A functional polymorphism in the 5HTR2C gene associated with stress responses also predicts incident cardiovascular events. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e82781 pubmed publisherPreviously we have shown that a functional nonsynonymous single nucleotide polymorphism (rs6318) of the 5HTR2C gene located on the X-chromosome is associated with hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis response to a stress recall task, and ..
- Milatovich A, Hsieh C, Bonaminio G, Tecott L, Julius D, Francke U. Serotonin receptor 1c gene assigned to X chromosome in human (band q24) and mouse (bands D-F4). Hum Mol Genet. 1992;1:681-4 pubmed..By using somatic cell hybrid analysis and FISH, we have mapped the HTR1C locus to the human X chromosome, band q24 and to the mouse X chromosome region D-F4...
- Jonsson E, Bah J, Melke J, Abou Jamra R, Schumacher J, Westberg L, et al. Monoamine related functional gene variants and relationships to monoamine metabolite concentrations in CSF of healthy volunteers. BMC Psychiatry. 2004;4:4 pubmed..We investigated possible relationships between DNA polymorphisms in the serotonin 2C receptor (HTR2C), the serotonin 3A receptor (HTR3A), the dopamine D4 receptor (DRD4), and the dopamine beta-hydroxylase (DBH) ..
- Okada M, Northup J, Ozaki N, Russell J, Linnoila M, Goldman D. Modification of human 5-HT(2C) receptor function by Cys23Ser, an abundant, naturally occurring amino-acid substitution. Mol Psychiatry. 2004;9:55-64 pubmed
- Marion S, Weiner D, Caron M. RNA editing induces variation in desensitization and trafficking of 5-hydroxytryptamine 2c receptor isoforms. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:2945-54 pubmed..Thus the ultimate physiological output of constitutively active receptors may be determined not only by their agonist-independent activity but also by their interactions with GRKs and betaarrestin. ..
- Lerer B, Macciardi F, Segman R, Adolfsson R, Blackwood D, Blairy S, et al. Variability of 5-HT2C receptor cys23ser polymorphism among European populations and vulnerability to affective disorder. Mol Psychiatry. 2001;6:579-85 pubmed..We examined a structural variant of the serotonin 2C (5-HT2C) receptor gene (HTR2C) that gives rise to a cysteine to serine substitution in the N terminal extracellular domain of the receptor ..
- Turecki G, Sequeira A, Gingras Y, Seguin M, Lesage A, Tousignant M, et al. Suicide and serotonin: study of variation at seven serotonin receptor genes in suicide completers. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2003;118B:36-40 pubmed..at genes that code for serotonin receptor 1B (5-HTR1B), 1Dalpha (5-HTR1Dalpha), 1E (5-HTR1E), 1F (5-HTR1F), 2C (5-HTR2C), 5A (5-HTR5A), and 6 (5-HTR6) in a total sample of 106 suicide completers and 120 normal controls...
- Stefulj J, Büttner A, Kubat M, Zill P, Balija M, Eisenmenger W, et al. 5HT-2C receptor polymorphism in suicide victims. Association studies in German and Slavic populations. Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2004;254:224-7 pubmed..Results did not provide supporting evidence for the potential involvement of the investigated variants of 5HT-2C receptor in the susceptibility to suicide. ..
- Mickey B, Sanford B, Love T, Shen P, Hodgkinson C, Stohler C, et al. Striatal dopamine release and genetic variation of the serotonin 2C receptor in humans. J Neurosci. 2012;32:9344-50 pubmed publisher..In humans, a common missense single-nucleotide change (rs6318, Cys23Ser) in the 5-HT(2C) receptor gene (HTR2C) has been associated with altered activity in vitro and with clinical mood disorders...
- Jahnsen J, Uhlen S. The N-terminal region of the human 5-HT?C receptor has as a cleavable signal peptide. Eur J Pharmacol. 2012;684:44-50 pubmed publisher..Cleaving of the signal peptide is important for translocation of the wild type receptor to the plasma membrane. The two amino acids differentially encoded by the C23S SNP are likely absent from the mature 5-HT(2C) receptor. ..
- Piva F, Giulietti M, Baldelli L, Nardi B, Bellantuono C, Armeni T, et al. Bioinformatic analyses to select phenotype affecting polymorphisms in HTR2C gene. Hum Psychopharmacol. 2011;26:365-72 pubmed publisher..Here, we studied serotonin receptor 2C (HTR2C) SNPs because, till now, only relatively few of about 2000 are investigated...
- ANASTASIO N, Lanfranco M, Bubar M, Seitz P, Stutz S, McGinnis A, et al. Serotonin 5-HT2C receptor protein expression is enriched in synaptosomal and post-synaptic compartments of rat cortex. J Neurochem. 2010;113:1504-15 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data support the hypothesis that the 5-HT(2C)R is localized within the post-synaptic thickening of synapses and is therefore positioned to directly modulate synaptic plasticity in cortical neurons. ..
- Burns C, Chu H, Rueter S, Hutchinson L, Canton H, Sanders Bush E, et al. Regulation of serotonin-2C receptor G-protein coupling by RNA editing. Nature. 1997;387:303-8 pubmed
- Videtic A, Peternelj T, Zupanc T, Balazic J, Komel R. Promoter and functional polymorphisms of HTR2C and suicide victims. Genes Brain Behav. 2009;8:541-5 pubmed publisher..A functional polymorphism 68G>C (Cys23Ser) and a promoter polymorphism-995G>A of serotonin receptor 2C (HTR2C) have already been investigated, but no associations with suicide were determined...
- Knauer C, Campbell J, Chio C, Fitzgerald L. Pharmacological characterization of mitogen-activated protein kinase activation by recombinant human 5-HT2C, 5-HT2A, and 5-HT2B receptors. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2009;379:461-71 pubmed publisher..This profile differs from reports of "agonist-directed trafficking of receptor stimulus" between PI/Ca(2+) and AA pathways activated by 5-HT(2) receptors. ..
- Gurevich I, Tamir H, Arango V, Dwork A, Mann J, Schmauss C. Altered editing of serotonin 2C receptor pre-mRNA in the prefrontal cortex of depressed suicide victims. Neuron. 2002;34:349-56 pubmed..Thus, one outcome of fluoxetine treatment may be to reverse the abnormalities in 5-HT2C pre-mRNA editing seen in depressed suicide victims. ..
- Kusumi M, Araki H, Ijiri T, Kowa H, Adachi Y, Takeshima T, et al. Serotonin 2C receptor gene Cys23Ser polymorphism: a candidate genetic risk factor of migraine with aura in Japanese population. Acta Neurol Scand. 2004;109:407-9 pubmed..The Ser allele frequency in patients with MWA was higher than that in control subjects. The present study provides that 5HTR2c Cys23Ser polymorphism may be associated with MWA in Japanese population.
- Reynolds G, Templeman L, Zhang Z. The role of 5-HT2C receptor polymorphisms in the pharmacogenetics of antipsychotic drug treatment. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2005;29:1021-8 pubmed..Such studies clearly demonstrate the potential of pharmacogenetics in optimising treatment for the individual patient. ..
- Kühn K, Quednow B, Bagli M, Meyer K, Feuchtl A, Westheide J, et al. Allelic variants of the serotonin(2C) receptor and neuroendocrinological responses to the serotonin(2C) receptor agonist m-chlorophenylpiperazine in healthy male volunteers. Pharmacopsychiatry. 2002;35:226-30 pubmed..Both groups show similar major scores in the Temperament and Character Inventory (TCI). ..
- Brummett B, Kuhn C, Boyle S, Babyak M, Siegler I, Williams R. Cortisol responses to emotional stress in men: association with a functional polymorphism in the 5HTR2C gene. Biol Psychol. 2012;89:94-8 pubmed publisherThe serotonin 5HTR2C receptor has been shown to mediate HPA axis activation during stress...
- Dracheva S, Patel N, Woo D, Marcus S, Siever L, Haroutunian V. Increased serotonin 2C receptor mRNA editing: a possible risk factor for suicide. Mol Psychiatry. 2008;13:1001-10 pubmed..Thus, at least in patients with SZ or BPD, overexpression of the VSV isoform in the prefrontal cortex may represent an additional risk factor for suicidal behavior. ..
- Xie E, Zhu L, Zhao L, Chang L. The human serotonin 5-HT2C receptor: complete cDNA, genomic structure, and alternatively spliced variant. Genomics. 1996;35:551-61 pubmed..A 7.3-kb 5'-flanking 5-HT2CR DNA directed the efficient expression of a luciferase reporter gene in SK-N-SH and IMR32 neuro-blastoma cells, indicating that it contains a functional promoter. ..
- Weissmann D, van der Laan S, Underwood M, Salvetat N, Cavarec L, Vincent L, et al. Region-specific alterations of A-to-I RNA editing of serotonin 2c receptor in the cortex of suicides with major depression. Transl Psychiatry. 2016;6:e878 pubmed publisher..Alterations of RNA editing on the serotonin receptor 2C (HTR2C) pre-mRNA in the brain of suicides produce transcripts that attenuate 5-HT2CR signaling by impairing intracellular ..
- Holmes C, Arranz M, Collier D, Powell J, Lovestone S. Depression in Alzheimer's disease: the effect of serotonin receptor gene variation. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2003;119B:40-3 pubmed..In addition, homozygous or hemizygous carriers of the 5-HT2C Ser allele were 12 times more likely to have major depressive illness than homozygous or hemizygous carriers of the 5-HT2C Cys allele. ..
- Ni X, Chan D, Chan K, McMain S, Kennedy J. Serotonin genes and gene-gene interactions in borderline personality disorder in a matched case-control study. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2009;33:128-33 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates "that serotonin genes and their interactions may play a role in the susceptibility to borderline personality disorder. ..
- Xu X, Brookes K, Sun B, Ilott N, Asherson P. Investigation of the serotonin 2C receptor gene in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in UK samples. BMC Res Notes. 2009;2:71 pubmed publisher..genes on the X chromosome have been studied as candidate risk factors for ADHD including the 5-HT2C receptor (HTR2C) gene. Association between polymorphisms in HTR2C and ADHD were reported in a recent study...
- Zhang Z, Falaleeva M, Agranat Tamir L, Pages A, Eyras E, Sperling J, et al. The 5' untranslated region of the serotonin receptor 2C pre-mRNA generates miRNAs and is expressed in non-neuronal cells. Exp Brain Res. 2013;230:387-94 pubmed publisherThe serotonin receptor 2C (HTR2C) gene encodes a G protein-coupled receptor that is exclusively expressed in neurons...
- Tang W, Tang N, Liao C, Liang H, Mok V, Ungvari G, et al. Serotonin receptor 2C gene polymorphism associated with post-stroke depression in Chinese patients. Genet Mol Res. 2013;12:1546-53 pubmed publisherThe serotonin receptor 2C (HTR2C) gene has been shown to play a pivotal role in major depression. We examined the association between post-stroke depression (PSD) and polymorphism in HTR2C...
- Ryu S, Cho E, Park T, Oh S, Jang W, Kim S, et al. -759 C/T polymorphism of 5-HT2C receptor gene and early phase weight gain associated with antipsychotic drug treatment. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2007;31:673-7 pubmed..These results support the involvement of the -759C/T polymorphism of the 5-HT2C receptor gene in antipsychotics-induced weight gain in the Korean population. ..
- Hyeon J, Choi E, Choe S, Park H, Choi J, Choi I, et al. Agomelatine, a MT1/MT2 melatonergic receptor agonist with serotonin 5-HT2C receptor antagonistic properties, suppresses Prevotella intermedia lipopolysaccharide-induced production of proinflammatory mediators in murine macrophages. Arch Oral Biol. 2017;82:11-18 pubmed publisher..Agomelatine showed a tendency to enhance mRNA level of SOCS1 in LPS-activated cells as well. Agomelatine merits further evaluation to reveal its usefulness on the host modulation of periodontal disease. ..
- Shao P, Zhao J, Chen J, Wu R, He Y. [Association of HTR2C-759C/T and -697G/C polymorphisms with antipsychotic agent-induced weight gain]. Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2008;33:312-5 pubmedTo determine whether antipsychotic agent-induced weight gain was associated with 5-hydroxytryptamine 2C receptor (HTR2C) gene-759C/T and -697G/C polymorphisms. A case-matching controlled study was done...
- Rippberger H, van Gaalen M, Schwarting R, Wohr M. Environmental and Pharmacological Modulation of Amphetamine- Induced 50-kHz Ultrasonic Vocalizations in Rats. Curr Neuropharmacol. 2015;13:220-32 pubmed..The validity of AMPHinduced 50-kHz USV as a preclinical model for neuropsychiatric disorders is discussed, particularly with relevance to altered drive and mood seen in bipolar disorder. ..
- De Luca V, Muller D, Hwang R, Lieberman J, Volavka J, Meltzer H, et al. HTR2C haplotypes and antipsychotics-induced weight gain: X-linked multimarker analysis. Hum Psychopharmacol. 2007;22:463-7 pubmedThe 5HT2C receptor (HTR2C) has been hypothesized to represent an important modulator in feeding behavior...
- Holmes C, Arranz M, Powell J, Collier D, Lovestone S. 5-HT2A and 5-HT2C receptor polymorphisms and psychopathology in late onset Alzheimer's disease. Hum Mol Genet. 1998;7:1507-9 pubmed
- Ellingrod V, Perry P, Lund B, Bever Stille K, Fleming F, Holman T, et al. 5HT2A and 5HT2C receptor polymorphisms and predicting clinical response to olanzapine in schizophrenia. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2002;22:622-4 pubmed
- Kaushik G, Xia Y, Pfau J, Thomas M. Dysregulation of autism-associated synaptic proteins by psychoactive pharmaceuticals at environmental concentrations. Neurosci Lett. 2017;661:143-148 pubmed publisher..concentrations significantly altered the expression of key synaptic proteins (NMDAR1, PSD95, SV2A, HTR1B, HTR2C and OXTR)...
- Schellekens H, De Francesco P, Kandil D, Theeuwes W, McCarthy T, van Oeffelen W, et al. Ghrelin's Orexigenic Effect Is Modulated via a Serotonin 2C Receptor Interaction. ACS Chem Neurosci. 2015;6:1186-97 pubmed publisher..This data highlights the potential development of a combined GHS-R1a and 5-HT2C receptor treatment strategy in weight management. ..
- Thelma Beatriz G, Isela J, Alma G, MarÃa Lilia L, Carlos Alfonso T. Association between HTR2C gene variants and suicidal behaviour: a protocol for the systematic review and meta-analysis of genetic studies. BMJ Open. 2014;4:e005423 pubmed publisher..To evaluate the role of the 5-HTR2C gene in suicidal behaviour, we will perform a systematic review and a meta-analysis of worldwide reports that have ..
- Eley T, Sugden K, Corsico A, Gregory A, Sham P, McGuffin P, et al. Gene-environment interaction analysis of serotonin system markers with adolescent depression. Mol Psychiatry. 2004;9:908-15 pubmed..Markers within, or close to, each of the serotonergic genes 5HTT, HTR2A, HTR2C, MAOA (monoamine oxidase type A) and tryptophan hydroxylase (TPH) were genotyped...
- Bonhaus D, Bach C, Desouza A, Salazar F, Matsuoka B, Zuppan P, et al. The pharmacology and distribution of human 5-hydroxytryptamine2B (5-HT2B) receptor gene products: comparison with 5-HT2A and 5-HT2C receptors. Br J Pharmacol. 1995;115:622-8 pubmed..Finally, the finding of two distinct bands on the Northern blots of liver and kidney raises the possibility of splice variants or subtypes of 5-HT2B receptors, within these tissues. ..
- Reynolds G, Yao Z, Zhang X, Sun J, Zhang Z. Pharmacogenetics of treatment in first-episode schizophrenia: D3 and 5-HT2C receptor polymorphisms separately associate with positive and negative symptom response. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2005;15:143-51 pubmed..01) was apparent, again reflecting improvements in negative and general symptoms but not changes in positive symptoms. ..
- Bai Y, Chen T, Liou Y, Hong C, Tsai S. Association between HTR2C polymorphisms and metabolic syndrome in patients with schizophrenia treated with atypical antipsychotics. Schizophr Res. 2011;125:179-86 pubmed publisher..research indicates that common single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the serotonin 5-HT2C receptor gene (HTR2C) are associated with metabolic syndrome (MetS) related to antipsychotic treatment...
- Stam N, Vanderheyden P, van Alebeek C, Klomp J, de Boer T, Van Delft A, et al. Genomic organisation and functional expression of the gene encoding the human serotonin 5-HT2C receptor. Eur J Pharmacol. 1994;269:339-48 pubmed..Furthermore, activation of the 5-HT2C receptor with 5-HT results in an increased phospholipase C activity. ..
- Morabito M, Abbas A, Hood J, Kesterson R, Jacobs M, Kump D, et al. Mice with altered serotonin 2C receptor RNA editing display characteristics of Prader-Willi syndrome. Neurobiol Dis. 2010;39:169-80 pubmed publisher..These results not only strengthen the link between the molecular etiology of PWS and altered 5HT(2C) expression, but also demonstrate the importance of normal patterns of 5HT(2C) RNA editing in vivo. ..
- Kimura A, Stevenson P, Carter R, Maccoll G, French K, Simons J, et al. Overexpression of 5-HT2C receptors in forebrain leads to elevated anxiety and hypoactivity. Eur J Neurosci. 2009;30:299-306 pubmed publisher..Our findings support a role for 5-HT(2C) receptor signalling in anxiety disorders. The C2CR mouse model offers a novel and effective approach for studying disorders associated with 5-HT(2C) receptors...
- Gardner M, Bertranpetit J, Comas D. Worldwide genetic variation in dopamine and serotonin pathway genes: implications for association studies. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2008;147B:1070-5 pubmed publisher..A list of tagSNPs per gene and continental region is proposed providing a guide for future association studies with these genes. ..
- Alenius M, Wadelius M, Dahl M, Hartvig P, Lindström L, Hammarlund Udenaes M. Gene polymorphism influencing treatment response in psychotic patients in a naturalistic setting. J Psychiatr Res. 2008;42:884-93 pubmed..The genes of interest were the dopamine D2 receptor gene (DRD2), the serotonin 2A and 2C receptor genes (HTR2A and HTR2C), the P-glycoprotein gene (ABCB1 or MDR1) and the drug-metabolizing cytochrome P450 2D6 gene (CYP2D6)...
- Lane H, Liu Y, Huang C, Chang Y, Wu P, Lu C, et al. Risperidone-related weight gain: genetic and nongenetic predictors. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2006;26:128-34 pubmed..These results suggest that numerous genetic and nongenetic factors affect antipsychotics-related weight gain. ..
- Duroux R, Rami M, Landagaray E, Ettaoussi M, Caignard D, Delagrange P, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of new naphtho- and quinolinocyclopentane derivatives as potent melatoninergic (MT1/MT2) and serotoninergic (5-HT2C) dual ligands. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;141:552-566 pubmed publisher..Enantiomeric separation was then performed on selected compounds allowing us to identify levogyre enantiomers (-)-17g and (-)-17k as the highest (MT1, MT2)/5-HT2C dual ligands described nowadays...