Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HTR1E
Description: 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 1E
Alias: 5-HT1E, 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 1E, 5-HT-1E, 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) receptor 1E, G protein-coupled, S31, serotonin receptor 1E
- Zgombick J, Schechter L, Macchi M, Hartig P, Branchek T, Weinshank R. Human gene S31 encodes the pharmacologically defined serotonin 5-hydroxytryptamine1E receptor. Mol Pharmacol. 1992;42:180-5 pubmed..clone hp75d is identical to that of the recently isolated, but uncharacterized, novel serotonin receptor gene S31. Transmembrane domain sequence comparison of clone hp75d with other guanine nucleotide-binding protein-coupled ..
- Oades R, Lasky Su J, Christiansen H, Faraone S, Sonuga Barke E, Banaschewski T, et al. The influence of serotonin- and other genes on impulsive behavioral aggression and cognitive impulsivity in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): Findings from a family-based association test (FBAT) analysis. Behav Brain Funct. 2008;4:48 pubmed publisher..Nominal significance was shown for 12 SNPs from BDNF, DRD1, HTR1E, HTR2A, HTR3B, DAT1/SLC6A3, and TPH2 genes replicating reported associations with ADHD...
- Smith A, Dimulescu I, Falkenberg V, Narasimhan S, Heim C, Vernon S, et al. Genetic evaluation of the serotonergic system in chronic fatigue syndrome. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2008;33:188-97 pubmed..A total of 77 polymorphisms in genes related to serotonin synthesis (TPH2), signaling (HTR1A, HTR1E, HTR2A, HTR2B, HTR2C, HTR3A, HTR3B, HTR4, HTR5A, HTR6, and HTR7), transport (SLC6A4), and catabolism (MAOA) were ..
- Turecki G, Sequeira A, Gingras Y, Seguin M, Lesage A, Tousignant M, et al. Suicide and serotonin: study of variation at seven serotonin receptor genes in suicide completers. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2003;118B:36-40 pubmed..we investigated variation at genes that code for serotonin receptor 1B (5-HTR1B), 1Dalpha (5-HTR1Dalpha), 1E (5-HTR1E), 1F (5-HTR1F), 2C (5-HTR2C), 5A (5-HTR5A), and 6 (5-HTR6) in a total sample of 106 suicide completers and 120 ..
- Pierce P, Xie G, Meuser T, Peroutka S. 5-Hydroxytryptamine receptor subtype messenger RNAs in human dorsal root ganglia: a polymerase chain reaction study. Neuroscience. 1997;81:813-9 pubmed..No 5-HT2C receptor subtype messenger RNA could be detected. Findings from this study may direct further efforts to determine the role of serotonin receptors in the peripheral nervous system. ..
- Levy F, Holtgreve Grez H, Tasken K, Solberg R, Ried T, Gudermann T. Assignment of the gene encoding the 5-HT1E serotonin receptor (S31) (locus HTR1E) to human chromosome 6q14-q15. Genomics. 1994;22:637-40 pubmed..serotonin receptor was recently cloned, but no chromosomal assignment has yet been given to this gene (locus HTR1E)...
- Levy F, Gudermann T, Birnbaumer M, Kaumann A, Birnbaumer L. Molecular cloning of a human gene (S31) encoding a novel serotonin receptor mediating inhibition of adenylyl cyclase. FEBS Lett. 1992;296:201-6 pubmedWe report the molecular cloning of human gene (S31) containing an open reading frame of 1095 nucleotides, which encodes a protein of 365 amino acids...
- McAllister G, Charlesworth A, Snodin C, Beer M, Noble A, Middlemiss D, et al. Molecular cloning of a serotonin receptor from human brain (5HT1E): a fifth 5HT1-like subtype. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:5517-21 pubmed..The excellent correlation observed between the pharmacology of the expressed receptor encoded by AC1 and the human brain 5HT1E binding site confirms that AC1 encodes a 5HT1E receptor and establishes a fifth 5HT1-like receptor subtype. ..