Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HTR1B
Description: 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 1B
Alias: 5-HT-1B, 5-HT-1D-beta, 5-HT1B, 5-HT1DB, HTR1D2, HTR1DB, S12, 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 1B, 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) receptor 1B, G protein-coupled, serotonin 1D beta receptor, serotonin receptor 1B
Publications130 found, 100 shown here
- Mohammadi A, Rashidi E, Amooeian V. Brain, blood, cerebrospinal fluid, and serum biomarkers in schizophrenia. Psychiatry Res. 2018;265:25-38 pubmed publisher..of dopamine, tyrosine hydroxylase (TH), serotonin or 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) receptor 1A and B (5-HTR1A and 5-HTR1B), and 5-HT1B were significantly increased in Scz patients, while the levels of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), 5-..
- Zhang H, Ni Z, Chen Q, Guo Z, Gao W, Su X, et al. Proteomic responses of drought-tolerant and drought-sensitive cotton varieties to drought stress. Mol Genet Genomics. 2016;291:1293-303 pubmed publisher..initiation factor 5A and pathogenesis-related protein 10 were up-regulated in KK1543, whereas ribosomal protein S12, actin, cytosolic copper/zinc superoxide dismutase, protein disulfide isomerase, S-adenosylmethionine synthase and ..
- Sheibani M, Faghir Ghanesefat H, Dehpour S, Keshavarz Bahaghighat H, Sepand M, Ghahremani M, et al. Sumatriptan protects against myocardial ischaemia-reperfusion injury by inhibition of inflammation in rat model. Inflammopharmacology. 2019;: pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that sumatriptan may attenuate I/R injury via modulating the inflammatory responses and endothelial NOS activity. But therapeutic index of sumatriptan is narrow according to the result of this study. ..
- Pedersen S, Ramachandran R, Amrutkar D, Petersen S, Olesen J, Jansen Olesen I. Mechanisms of glyceryl trinitrate provoked mast cell degranulation. Cephalalgia. 2015;35:1287-97 pubmed publisher..This effect can be completely blocked by inhibition of the endogenous nitric oxide production and by 5-HT1B/1D receptor agonists but is unaffected by calcitonin gene-related peptide and substance P receptor antagonists. ..
- Bagdy G, Juhasz G, Gonda X. A new clinical evidence-based gene-environment interaction model of depression. Neuropsychopharmacol Hung. 2012;14:213-20 pubmed..In this review we introduce a new model including environmental factors, genes, trait and temperament markers based on human genetic studies. ..
- Emperador S, Pacheu Grau D, Bayona Bafaluy M, Garrido PÃ©rez N, MartÃn Navarro A, LÃ³pez PÃ©rez M, et al. An MRPS12 mutation modifies aminoglycoside sensitivity caused by 12S rRNA mutations. Front Genet. 2014;5:469 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, this species also carries a fixed mutation in the mitochondrial ribosomal protein S12. We show that the expression of this variant in a human m...
- Bromek E, Rysz M, Haduch A, Wojcikowski J, Daniel W. Activation of 5-HT1A Receptors in the Hypothalamic Paraventricular Nuclei Negatively Regulates Cytochrome P450 Expression and Activity in Rat Liver. Drug Metab Dispos. 2018;46:786-793 pubmed publisher..Since the affected enzymes metabolize steroids and drugs and 5-HT1A receptors are engaged in the action of psychotropic drugs, the results obtained may be of both physiologic and pharmacological meaning. ..
- Carvalho Dias E, Miranda A, Martinho O, Mota P, Costa A, Nogueira Silva C, et al. Serotonin regulates prostate growth through androgen receptor modulation. Sci Rep. 2017;7:15428 pubmed publisher..In both models, 5-HT's inhibitory mechanism was replicated by specific agonists of 5-Htr1a and 5-Htr1b. Since peripheral 5-HT production is specifically regulated by tryptophan hydroxylase 1(Tph1), we showed that Tph1 ..
- Niture S, Gyamfi M, Kedir H, Arthur E, Ressom H, Deep G, et al. Serotonin induced hepatic steatosis is associated with modulation of autophagy and notch signaling pathway. Cell Commun Signal. 2018;16:78 pubmed publisher..Treatment with serotonin receptor antagonists 5-HTr1B and 5-HTr2B reduced serotonin-mediated cell steatosis; in contrast, treatment with selective serotonin reuptake ..
- GarcÃa Pedraza J, GarcÃa M, MartÃn M, MorÃ¡n A. 5-HT1D receptor inhibits renal sympathetic neurotransmission by nitric oxide pathway in anesthetized rats. Vascul Pharmacol. 2015;72:172-80 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that 5-HT mechanism-induced inhibition of rat vasopressor renal sympathetic outflow is mainly mediated by prejunctional 5-HT1D receptors via nitric oxide release. ..
- Kemppainen K, Kemppainen E, Jacobs H. The alternative oxidase AOX does not rescue the phenotype of tko25t mutant flies. G3 (Bethesda). 2014;4:2013-21 pubmed publisherA point mutation [technical knockout(25t) (tko(25t))] in the Drosophila gene coding for mitoribosomal protein S12 generates a phenotype of developmental delay and bang sensitivity...
- Watts S, Darios E, Seitz B, Thompson J. 5-HT is a potent relaxant in rat superior mesenteric veins. Pharmacol Res Perspect. 2015;3:e00103 pubmed publisher..5-CT (1Â Î¼gÂ kg(-1)Â min(-1), sc) also reduced blood pressure over 7Â days. These findings suggest that 5-HT directly relaxes the SMV primarily through activation of the 5-HT7 receptor. ..
- TÃ³th M, HÃ¤ggkvist J, Varrone A, Finnema S, Doorduin J, Tokunaga M, et al. ABC transporter-dependent brain uptake of the 5-HT1B receptor radioligand [ (11)C]AZ10419369: a comparative PET study in mouse, rat, and guinea pig. EJNMMI Res. 2014;4:64 pubmed publisher..This study highlights the importance of ABC transporters in the design of preclinical positron emission tomography (PET) studies. ..
- Attaran A, Salahinejad A, Crane A, Niyogi S, Chivers D. Chronic exposure to dietary selenomethionine dysregulates the genes involved in serotonergic neurotransmission and alters social and antipredator behaviours in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Pollut. 2019;246:837-844 pubmed publisher..the zebrafish brain, we found significant upregulation in the mRNA expression of serotonin receptors (htr1aa and htr1b), a transporter (slc6a4a), and tryptophan hydroxylase-2 (tph2), whereas there was a downregulation of the ..
- Liu Y, Luo J, Carlsson M, NÃ¤ssel D. Serotonin and insulin-like peptides modulate leucokinin-producing neurons that affect feeding and water homeostasis in Drosophila. J Comp Neurol. 2015;523:1840-63 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that serotonin via 5-HT1B diminishes activity in the LK neurons and thereby modulates functions regulated by LK peptide, but the action of the dInR in these neurons remains less clear. ..
- Galindo L, Barros M, Pinheiro I, Santana R, de Matos R, Leandro C, et al. Neonatal serotonin reuptake inhibition reduces hypercaloric diet effects on fat mass and hypothalamic gene expression in adult rats. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2015;46:76-81 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that neonatal serotonin reuptake inhibition is associated with better adaptation to hypercaloric diet in adult rats. ..
- Richardson K, Shelton K. N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor channel blocker-like discriminative stimulus effects of nitrous oxide gas. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2015;352:156-65 pubmed publisher..However, as none of the drugs tested fully mimicked the stimulus effects of N2O, other mechanisms may also be involved. ..
- Diniz D, Petrocchi J, Navarro L, Souza T, Castor M, Perez A, et al. Serotonin induces peripheral mechanical antihyperalgesic effects in mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 2015;767:94-7 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated for the first time, the peripheral mechanical antihyperalgesic effect of serotonin, and participation of 5-HT1B, 5-HT2A and 5-HT3 receptors in this event. ..
- Robinson A, Olerud C, Robinson Y. Surgical treatment improves survival of elderly with axis fracture-a national population-based multiregistry cohort study. Spine J. 2018;18:1853-1860 pubmed publisher..10th revision of the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems or ICD-10: S12.1) at an age ≥70 years and receiving treatment at a health-care facility...
- Xia L, Wang C, Lu Y, Fan C, Ding X, Fu H, et al. Time-specific changes in DNA methyltransferases associated with the leptin promoter during the development of obesity. Nutr Hosp. 2014;30:1248-55 pubmed publisher..CpG se redujeron significativamente en la s8 con una menor asociaciÃ³n de MBD2 y DNMT1, y aumentaron en la s12 y s18 con una mayor asociaciÃ³n de MBD2, DNMT3A y DNMT3B, tras la DRG...
- Voigt J, Fink H. Serotonin controlling feeding and satiety. Behav Brain Res. 2015;277:14-31 pubmed publisher..Further progress in research will also advance the development of new serotonergic anti-obesity drugs. ..
- Kilinc E, Guerrero Toro C, Zakharov A, Vitale C, Gubert Olivé M, Koroleva K, et al. Serotonergic mechanisms of trigeminal meningeal nociception: Implications for migraine pain. Neuropharmacology. 2017;116:160-173 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, 5-HT evokes powerful pro-nociceptive peripheral and anti-nociceptive central effects in trigeminal system transmitting migraine pain. ..
- Brindley R, Bauer M, Blakely R, Currie K. An interplay between the serotonin transporter (SERT) and 5-HT receptors controls stimulus-secretion coupling in sympathoadrenal chromaffin cells. Neuropharmacology. 2016;110:438-448 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal a novel role for SERT and suggest that adrenal chromaffin cells might be a previously unrecognized hub for serotonergic control of the sympathetic stress response. ..
- ..Based on current data, sumatriptan/naproxen sodium is a useful option for the acute treatment of migraine in adolescents and adults. The fixed-dose combination may reduce pill burden and improve adherence in some patients. ..
- Ishikura F, Takano Y, Ueyama T. Amlodipine has a preventive effect on temporal left ventricular hypokinesia after emotional stress compared with an angiotensin II receptor blocker. J Med Ultrason (2001). 2013;40:3-7 pubmed publisher..We measured the fractional area change (FAC) using echocardiography (SONOS5500) with a s12 probe (frequency 5-12 MHz, frame rate 120 Hz) and blood pressure and heart rate at the end of IMO and every 10 ..
- Dahan D, Hien T, Tannenberg P, Ekman M, Rippe C, Boettger T, et al. MicroRNA-Dependent Control of Serotonin-Induced Pulmonary Arterial Contraction. J Vasc Res. 2017;54:246-256 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that 5-HT receptor signaling in the arterial wall is subject to regulation by microRNAs and that this entails altered 5-HT2A receptor expression and signaling. ..
- Gardner M, Bertranpetit J, Comas D. Worldwide genetic variation in dopamine and serotonin pathway genes: implications for association studies. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2008;147B:1070-5 pubmed publisher..A list of tagSNPs per gene and continental region is proposed providing a guide for future association studies with these genes. ..
- Hasegawa Y, Higuchi S, Matsushita S, Miyaoka H. Association of a polymorphism of the serotonin 1B receptor gene and alcohol dependence with inactive aldehyde dehydrogenase-2. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2002;109:513-21 pubmed..Taken together with recent observations, these results suggest that genetic variability of the 5HT1B receptor is involved in the development of some type of alcohol dependence. ..
- Stefulj J, Büttner A, Skavic J, Zill P, Balija M, Eisenmenger W, et al. Serotonin 1B (5HT-1B) receptor polymorphism (G861C) in suicide victims: association studies in German and Slavic population. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2004;127B:48-50 pubmed..Results provide evidence that the investigated 5HT-1B receptor gene variants are not implicated in the susceptibility to suicide. ..
- Boudin E, Jennes K, de Freitas F, Tegay D, Mortier G, Van Hul W. No mutations in the serotonin related TPH1 and HTR1B genes in patients with monogenic sclerosing bone disorders. Bone. 2013;55:52-6 pubmed publisher..Furthermore mice lacking either tph1 or htr1B, the receptor for serotonin on the osteoblasts, were reported to have an increased bone mass due to increased bone ..
- Garfield L, Muller D, Kennedy J, Mulsant B, Reynolds C, Teitelbaum S, et al. Genetic variation in the serotonin transporter and HTR1B receptor predicts reduced bone formation during serotonin reuptake inhibitor treatment in older adults. World J Biol Psychiatry. 2014;15:404-10 pubmed publisher..for putative high- versus low-expressing polymorphisms in the serotonin transporter (5HTTLPR) and 1B receptor (HTR1B) genes...
- Matuskey D, Bhagwagar Z, Planeta B, Pittman B, Gallezot J, Chen J, et al. Reductions in brain 5-HT1B receptor availability in primarily cocaine-dependent humans. Biol Psychiatry. 2014;76:816-22 pubmed publisher..The reductions found in this study suggest that 5-HT1B receptors may contribute to the etiology or expression of CD and potentially represent a target for medication development. ..
- Zhao X, Zhang Y, Qin W, Cao J, Zhang Y, Ni J, et al. Serotonin type-1D receptor stimulation of A-type K(+) channel decreases membrane excitability through the protein kinase A- and B-Raf-dependent p38 MAPK pathways in mouse trigeminal ganglion neurons. Cell Signal. 2016;28:979-88 pubmed publisher..This 5-HT1D receptor effect may contribute to neuronal hypoexcitability in small TG neurons. ..
- Steinberg A, Frederiksen S, Blixt F, Warfvinge K, Edvinsson L. Expression of messenger molecules and receptors in rat and human sphenopalatine ganglion indicating therapeutic targets. J Headache Pain. 2016;17:78 pubmed publisher..The development of next generation's drugs and treatment of cranial parasympathetic symptoms, mediated through the SPG, can be modulated by treatment with BoNT-A and 5-HT receptor agonists. ..
- Der Ghazarian T, Call T, Scott S, Dai K, Brunwasser S, Noudali S, et al. Effects of a 5-HT1B Receptor Agonist on Locomotion and Reinstatement of Cocaine-Conditioned Place Preference after Abstinence from Repeated Injections in Mice. Front Syst Neurosci. 2017;11:73 pubmed publisher..This study supports the idea that 5-HT1BR agonists may be useful anti-cocaine medications...
- Soyka M, Preuss U, Koller G, Zill P, Bondy B. Association of 5-HT1B receptor gene and antisocial behavior in alcoholism. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2004;111:101-9 pubmed..Adult antisocial personality occurred more often in males than females. Possible implications of these findings are discussed. ..
- Kim J, Waldman I, Faraone S, Biederman J, Doyle A, Purcell S, et al. Investigation of parent-of-origin effects in ADHD candidate genes. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2007;144B:776-80 pubmed..We examined this phenomenon in a sample of 291 trios for five genes previously associated with ADHD (HTR1B, SNAP-25, DRD5, DAT1, and BDNF)...
- Moul C, Dobson Stone C, Brennan J, Hawes D, Dadds M. Serotonin 1B Receptor Gene (HTR1B) Methylation as a Risk Factor for Callous-Unemotional Traits in Antisocial Boys. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0126903 pubmed publisher..Future research that aims to replicate and further investigate these results is required. ..
- Rawson K, Dixon D, Civitelli R, Peterson T, Mulsant B, Reynolds C, et al. Bone Turnover with Venlafaxine Treatment in Older Adults with Depression. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2017;65:2057-2063 pubmed publisher..and duration of depression and genetic polymorphisms in the serotonin transporter (5HTTLPR) and 1B receptor (HTR1B) were also examined...
- Li F, Xiao M, Zhang J, Liu C, Qiu Z, Cai Y. Spatial Distribution, Chemical Fraction and Fuzzy Comprehensive Risk Assessment of Heavy Metals in Surface Sediments from the Honghu Lake, China. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2018;15: pubmed publisher..The central part of South Honghu Lake (S4, S5, S6, S9, S12 and S14), east part of the North Honghu Lake (S1) and outlet of outlet of the Honghu Lake (S10) were recommended as ..
- Duan J, Sanders A, Molen J, Martinolich L, Mowry B, Levinson D, et al. Polymorphisms in the 5'-untranslated region of the human serotonin receptor 1B (HTR1B) gene affect gene expression. Mol Psychiatry. 2003;8:901-10 pubmedWe present evidence of complex balancing regulation of HTR1B transcription by common polymorphisms in its promoter...
- Mehrotra S, Vanmolkot K, Frants R, van den Maagdenberg A, Ferrari M, Maassenvandenbrink A. The phe-124-Cys and A-161T variants of the human 5-HT1B receptor gene are not major determinants of the clinical response to sumatriptan. Headache. 2007;47:711-6 pubmed..We have not obtained any evidence that variants F124C and A-161T of the 5-HT(1B) receptor are major determinants in the clinical response to sumatriptan. ..
- Wilkie M, Smith G, Day R, Matthews K, Smith D, Blackwood D, et al. Polymorphisms in the SLC6A4 and HTR2A genes influence treatment outcome following antidepressant therapy. Pharmacogenomics J. 2009;9:61-70 pubmed publisher..In this study, nine polymorphisms in four serotonin receptor genes (HTR1B, HTR2A, HTR5A and HTR6) and the serotonin transporter gene (SLC6A4) were analysed to investigate their influence ..
- Guo J, Zhang W, Zhang L, Ding H, Zhang J, Song C, et al. Probable involvement of p11 with interferon alpha induced depression. Sci Rep. 2016;6:17029 pubmed publisher..Several studies have shown that the serotonin receptors 5-HTR1b and 5-HTR4 play key roles in the anti-depression effects associated with p11 (S100A10)...
- Sayo A, Ueno S, Kominami T, Nishida K, Inooka D, Nakanishi A, et al. Longitudinal study of visual field changes determined by Humphrey Field Analyzer 10-2 in patients with Retinitis Pigmentosa. Sci Rep. 2017;7:16383 pubmed publisher..mean deviation and the average sensitivity of 4, 12, and 20 points in three concentric squares, designated as S4, S12, and S20. The median follow-up time was 3.86 years [range: 1.93 to 9.86, IQR (Interquartile range): 3.01 to 4.93]...
- Sun H, Chang Y, Fann C, Chang C, Chen Y, Hsu Y, et al. Association study of novel human serotonin 5-HT(1B) polymorphisms with alcohol dependence in Taiwanese Han. Biol Psychiatry. 2002;51:896-901 pubmed..The human serotonin receptor 1B, encoded by the HTR1B gene, is a presynaptic serotonin autoreceptor that plays a role in regulating ..
- de Moura A, Lazzari V, Becker R, Gil M, Ruthschilling C, Agnes G, et al. Gene expression in the CNS of lactating rats with different patterns of maternal behavior. Neurosci Res. 2015;99:8-15 pubmed publisher..aimed to analyze the gene expression of the receptors for dopamine (Drd1a), prolactin (Prlr), serotonin (Htr1a, Htr1b), estrogen (Esr1, Esr2), and of Bdnf in the olfactory bulb (OB), hippocampus (HP), prefrontal cortex (PFC), and ..
- Jaślan D, Mueller T, Becker D, Schultz J, Cuin T, Marten I, et al. Gating of the two-pore cation channel AtTPC1 in the plant vacuole is based on a single voltage-sensing domain. Plant Biol (Stuttg). 2016;18:750-60 pubmed publisher..Each subunit consists of two homologous Shaker-like halves, with 12 transmembrane domains in total (S1-S6, S7-S12)...
- Wu M, Wang Y, Wang Y, Sun F, Sun C, Cheng H, et al. Seasonal and spatial variations of water quality and trophic status in Daya Bay, South China Sea. Mar Pollut Bull. 2016;112:341-348 pubmed publisher..Cluster I consists of stations (S1, S2, S4-S7, S9, and S12) located in the central, eastern, and southern parts of the bay, representing less polluted regions...
- Kale A, Ji Z, Kiparaki M, Blanco J, Rimesso G, Flibotte S, et al. Ribosomal Protein S12e Has a Distinct Function in Cell Competition. Dev Cell. 2018;44:42-55.e4 pubmed publisher..The ribosomal protein S12 was unusual because cells heterozygous for rpS12 mutations were not competed by wild-type, and a viable missense ..
- Bouchelet I, Cohen Z, Case B, Seguela P, Hamel E. Differential expression of sumatriptan-sensitive 5-hydroxytryptamine receptors in human trigeminal ganglia and cerebral blood vessels. Mol Pharmacol. 1996;50:219-23 pubmed..Moreover, the data stress the importance to better understand the role of 5-HT1F receptors in cerebrovascular functions and dural inflammation and further raise interest regarding their possible involvement in migraine therapy. ..
- Turecki G, Sequeira A, Gingras Y, Seguin M, Lesage A, Tousignant M, et al. Suicide and serotonin: study of variation at seven serotonin receptor genes in suicide completers. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2003;118B:36-40 pubmed..neurotransmission in subjects who committed suicide, we investigated variation at genes that code for serotonin receptor 1B (5-HTR1B), 1Dalpha (5-HTR1Dalpha), 1E (5-HTR1E), 1F (5-HTR1F), 2C (5-HTR2C), 5A (5-HTR5A), and 6 (5-HTR6) ..
- Silva H, Iturra P, Solari A, Villarroel J, Jerez S, Jiménez M, et al. Fluoxetine response in impulsive-aggressive behavior and serotonin transporter polymorphism in personality disorder. Psychiatr Genet. 2010;20:25-30 pubmed publisher..There were no significant associations between fluoxetine response and TPH1 (A218C) (-6525 A>G) (-5806 G>T), HTR1B (G861C) and HTR2C (G68C) genotype groups...
- Mas S, Blázquez A, Rodriguez N, Boloc D, Lafuente A, Arnaiz J, et al. Pharmacogenetic study focused on fluoxetine pharmacodynamics in children and adolescent patients: impact of the serotonin pathway. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2016;26:487-496 pubmed..with two polymorphisms located in genes related to the serotonergic system: the 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 1B (HTR1B) and the tryptophan 5-hydroxylase 2 (TPH2)...
- Schenk S, Foote J, Aronsen D, Bukholt N, Highgate Q, Van de Wetering R, et al. Serotonin antagonists fail to alter MDMA self-administration in rats. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2016;148:38-45 pubmed publisher..The data suggest, however, that 5-HT1A agonists inhibit cue-induced drug-seeking following extinction of MDMA self-administration and might, therefore, be useful adjuncts to therapies to limit relapse to MDMA use. ..
- American National Standards (ANSI Standards) developed by Accredited Standards Committees S1, S2, S3, S3/SC 1, and S12 in the areas of acoustics, mechanical vibration and shock, bioacoustics, animal bioacoustics, and noise, respectively, ..
- Ho E, Thompson S, Katzka W, Sharifi M, Knowles J, Dulawa S. Clinically effective OCD treatment prevents 5-HT1B receptor-induced repetitive behavior and striatal activation. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2016;233:57-70 pubmed publisher..Studying the mechanisms underlying these effects could provide insight into OCD pathophysiology. ..
- Reznitsky M, Plenge P, Hay Schmidt A. Serotonergic projections from the raphe nuclei to the subthalamic nucleus; a retrograde- and anterograde neuronal tracing study. Neurosci Lett. 2016;612:172-177 pubmed publisher..Additionally anterograde tracer PHA-L was injected in the DRN to confirm projections to STN and accordingly only a sparse number of axon terminals were observed in the STN. ..
- Yuan Y, Fan D, Zhang Z, Yang J, Liu J, Chen J. Identification and RNA segment assignment of six structural proteins of Scylla serrata reovirus. Virus Genes. 2016;52:556-60 pubmed publisher..Here, tandem time-of-flight mass spectrometry and Western blotting were used to re-identify the structural proteins. The results indicate that proteins encoded by SsRV segments S1, S3, S6, S9, S11, and S12 are structural proteins.
- Gooshe M, Ghasemi K, Rohani M, Tafakhori A, Amiri S, Aghamollaii V, et al. Biphasic effect of sumatriptan on PTZ-induced seizures in mice: Modulation by 5-HT1B/D receptors and NOS/NO pathway. Eur J Pharmacol. 2018;824:140-147 pubmed publisher..For the first time, this study reported the biphasic effect of sumatriptan on an animal model of GCS and its modulatory pathways. ..
- Tanaka N, Nakamura E, Ohkura M, Kuwabara M, Yamashita A, Onitsuka T, et al. Both 5-hydroxytryptamine 5-HT2A and 5-HT1B receptors are involved in the vasoconstrictor response to 5-HT in the human isolated internal thoracic artery. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2008;35:836-40 pubmed publisher..Thus, when the human ITA is used as an arterial graft, a combination of 5-HT(2A) and 5-HT(1B) receptor antagonists would appear to be most useful to prevent 5-HT-induced vasospasm. ..
- Wallace E, Morrell N, Yang X, Long L, Stevens H, Nilsen M, et al. A Sex-Specific MicroRNA-96/5-Hydroxytryptamine 1B Axis Influences Development of Pulmonary Hypertension. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2015;191:1432-42 pubmed publisher..Increased 5-HT1BR expression may be a consequence of decreased miRNA-96 expression in female patient PASMCs, and this may contribute to the development of PAH. ..
- Schytz H, Hargreaves R, Ashina M. Challenges in developing drugs for primary headaches. Prog Neurobiol. 2017;152:70-88 pubmed publisher..Future efforts may triage novel physiological mediators using human experimental models of headache pain to support drug discovery strategies that target active pathways pharmacologically. ..
- Matos C, NÃ³brega C, Louros S, Almeida B, Ferreiro E, Valero J, et al. Ataxin-3 phosphorylation decreases neuronal defects in spinocerebellar ataxia type 3 models. J Cell Biol. 2016;212:465-80 pubmed publisher..We report that S12 of ataxin-3 is phosphorylated in neurons and that mutating this residue so as to mimic a constitutive ..
- Lomakin Y, Shmidt A, Bobik T, Chernov A, Pyrkov A, Aleksandrova N, et al. Analysis of Immunogenicity of Intracellular CTAR Fragments of Epstein-Barr Virus Latent Phase Protein LMP1. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2017;163:766-771 pubmed publisher..Using a new library of LMP1 CTAR fragments, we carried out epitope mapping of a diagnostic anti-LMP1 antibody S12. Analysis of polyclonal serum antibodies from mice immunized with full-length LMP1 confirmed immunogenicity of CTAR ..
- Weinshank R, Zgombick J, Macchi M, Branchek T, Hartig P. Human serotonin 1D receptor is encoded by a subfamily of two distinct genes: 5-HT1D alpha and 5-HT1D beta. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:3630-4 pubmed..Both receptors exhibit high-affinity binding of sumatriptan, a new anti-migraine medication, and thus are candidates for the pharmacological site of action of this drug. ..
- Bobb A, Addington A, Sidransky E, Gornick M, Lerch J, Greenstein D, et al. Support for association between ADHD and two candidate genes: NET1 and DRD1. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2005;134B:67-72 pubmed..Because family-based and case-control methods gave divergent results, both should be used in genetic studies of ADHD. ..
- Videtic A, Pungercic G, Pajnic I, Zupanc T, Balazic J, Tomori M, et al. Association study of seven polymorphisms in four serotonin receptor genes on suicide victims. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2006;141B:669-72 pubmed..067), but the correlation was not statistically significant. None of the tested genetic variants of serotonin receptors appears to be associated with suicidal behavior in the Slovenian population which has a relatively high suicide rate. ..
- Kia Keating B, Glatt S, Tsuang M. Meta-analyses suggest association between COMT, but not HTR1B, alleles, and suicidal behavior. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2007;144B:1048-53 pubmed..Two genes that have been highlighted in the literature as being involved are HTR1B, which codes for the serotonin 1B receptor, and COMT, which is related to the inactivation of catecholamines...
- Ni X, Chan D, Chan K, McMain S, Kennedy J. Serotonin genes and gene-gene interactions in borderline personality disorder in a matched case-control study. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2009;33:128-33 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates "that serotonin genes and their interactions may play a role in the susceptibility to borderline personality disorder. ..
- Iwabayashi M, Taniyama Y, Sanada F, Azuma J, Iekushi K, Kusunoki H, et al. Role of serotonin in angiogenesis: induction of angiogenesis by sarpogrelate via endothelial 5-HT1B/Akt/eNOS pathway in diabetic mice. Atherosclerosis. 2012;220:337-42 pubmed publisher..Enhancement of vasodilation and angiogenesis by sarpogrelate might provide a unique treatment for PAD and DM patients. ..
- Jern P, Westberg L, Johansson A, Gunst A, Eriksson E, Sandnabba K, et al. A study of possible associations between single nucleotide polymorphisms in the serotonin receptor 1A, 1B, and 2C genes and self-reported ejaculation latency time. J Sex Med. 2012;9:866-72 pubmed publisher..The results of this study support the hypothesis that serotonergic genes play a role in ejaculatory function in the general population. Replication of the results of the present study is warranted. ..
- Mas S, Pagerols M, Gasso P, Ortiz A, Rodriguez N, Morer A, et al. Role of GAD2 and HTR1B genes in early-onset obsessive-compulsive disorder: results from transmission disequilibrium study. Genes Brain Behav. 2014;13:409-17 pubmed publisher..the significant P-value after Bonferroni corrections: rs8190748 and rs992990 localized in GAD2 and rs2000292 in HTR1B. When we stratified our sample according to gender, different trends were observed between males and females...
- Wentzensen N, Bakkum Gamez J, Killian J, Sampson J, Guido R, Glass A, et al. Discovery and validation of methylation markers for endometrial cancer. Int J Cancer. 2014;135:1860-8 pubmed publisher..Eight genes (ADCYAP1, ASCL2, HS3ST2, HTR1B, MME, NPY and SOX1) were selected for further replication...
- van Rooij D, Hartman C, van Donkelaar M, Bralten J, von Rhein D, Hakobjan M, et al. Variation in serotonin neurotransmission genes affects neural activation during response inhibition in adolescents and young adults with ADHD and healthy controls. World J Biol Psychiatry. 2015;16:625-34 pubmed publisher..controls (N = 124), and investigated the relationship of two serotonin gene polymorphisms (the rs6296 SNP of the HTR1B gene and HTTLPR variants of the 5-HTT gene) with the neural correlates of response inhibition...
- American National Standards (ANSI Standards) developed by Accredited Standards Committees S1, S2, S3, S3/SC 1, and S12 in the areas of acoustics, mechanical vibration and shock, bioacoustics, animal bioacoustics, and noise, respectively, ..
- Thamaraiselvan C, Ronen A, Lerman S, Balaish M, EIN ELI Y, Dosoretz C. Low voltage electric potential as a driving force to hinder biofouling in self-supporting carbon nanotube membranes. Water Res. 2018;129:143-153 pubmed publisher..A mutant strain of Pseudomonas putida S12 was used a model bacterium and either capacitive or resistive electrical circuits and two flow regimes, flow-..
- Ullmer C, Boddeke H, Schmuck K, Lubbert H. 5-HT2B receptor-mediated calcium release from ryanodine-sensitive intracellular stores in human pulmonary artery endothelial cells. Br J Pharmacol. 1996;117:1081-8 pubmed..8. We conclude that human 5-HT2B receptors stimulate calcium release from intracellular stores through a novel pathway, which involves activation of ryanodine receptors, and is independent of PI-hydrolysis and cADPR. ..
- López Figueroa A, Norton C, López Figueroa M, Armellini Dodel D, Burke S, Akil H, et al. Serotonin 5-HT1A, 5-HT1B, and 5-HT2A receptor mRNA expression in subjects with major depression, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia. Biol Psychiatry. 2004;55:225-33 pubmed
- Ickowicz A, Feng Y, Wigg K, Quist J, Pathare T, Roberts W, et al. The serotonin receptor HTR1B: gene polymorphisms in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2007;144B:121-5 pubmed..Polymorphisms of the HTR1B gene have been implicated in a variety of psychiatric disorders including attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ..
- Asuni C, Cherchi A, Congiu D, Piccardi M, Del Zompo M, Stochino M. Association study between clinical response to rizatriptan and some candidate genes. J Headache Pain. 2007;8:185-9 pubmed..These genetic differences could be explained by various genes, the HTR1B, encoding the 5-HT(1) receptor subtype, MAOA gene that encodes the monoamino-oxidase, the main metabolic enzyme of ..
- Orabona G, Griesi Oliveira K, Vadasz E, Bulcão V, Takahashi V, Moreira E, et al. HTR1B and HTR2C in autism spectrum disorders in Brazilian families. Brain Res. 2009;1250:14-9 pubmed publisher..performed a case-control and a family-based study with 9 polymorphisms mapped to two serotonin receptor genes (HTR1B and HTR2C) in 252 Brazilian male ASD patients of European ancestry...
- Forero D, Arboleda G, Vasquez R, Arboleda H. Candidate genes involved in neural plasticity and the risk for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder: a meta-analysis of 8 common variants. J Psychiatry Neurosci. 2009;34:361-6 pubmed..study was to carry out a meta-analysis for 8 common variants located in 5 top candidate genes for ADHD (BDNF, HTR1B, SLC6A2, SLC6A4 and SNAP25); these genes are known to be involved in synaptic transmission and plasticity...
- Wang S, Zhang K, Xu Y, Sun N, Shen Y, Xu Q. An association study of the serotonin transporter and receptor genes with the suicidal ideation of major depression in a Chinese Han population. Psychiatry Res. 2009;170:204-7 pubmed publisher..including the HTTLPR and HTTVNTR in the SLC6A4 gene, rs6295 in the HTR1A gene, rs11568817 and rs130058 in the HTR1B gene, and rs6313 in the HTR2A gene, were studied in 420 patients with MD to investigate the relationship between ..
- Yasseen B, Kennedy J, Zawertailo L, Busto U. Comorbidity between bipolar disorder and alcohol use disorder: association of dopamine and serotonin gene polymorphisms. Psychiatry Res. 2010;176:30-3 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results indicate a possible association between 5HT2C and alcohol use disorder comorbidity. ..
- Cao J, Hu J, Ye X, Xia Y, Haile C, Kosten T, et al. Association between the 5-HTR1B gene polymorphisms and alcohol dependence in a Han Chinese population. Brain Res. 2011;1376:1-9 pubmed publisherThe human serotonin receptor 1B (HRT1B) plays an important role in regulating serotonin release...