Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hsp70
Description: heat shock 70kDa protein 1A
Alias: HEL-S-103, HSP70-1, HSP70-1A, HSP70.1, HSP70I, HSP72, HSPA1, HSP70-1/HSP70-2, HSP70.1/HSP70.2, dnaK-type molecular chaperone HSP70-1, epididymis secretory protein Li 103, heat shock 70 kDa protein 1, heat shock 70 kDa protein 1/2, heat shock 70 kDa protein 1A, heat shock 70 kDa protein 1A/1B, heat shock 70kD protein 1A, heat shock-induced protein
Publications221 found, 100 shown here
- Coordinated transcriptional regulation of Hspa1a gene by multiple transcription factors: crucial roles for HSF-1, NF-Y, NF-κB, and CREBBinu K Sasi
Cardiovascular Genetics Laboratory, Department of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai 600036, India
J Mol Biol 426:116-35. 2014Although the transcript level of inducible heat shock protein 70.3 (Hsp70.3, also known as Hspa1a) is altered in various disease states, its transcriptional regulation remains incompletely understood...
- Targeting membrane heat-shock protein 70 (Hsp70) on tumors by cmHsp70.1 antibodyStefan Stangl
Department of Radiation Oncology, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, and Clinical Cooperation Group Innate Immunity in Tumor Biology, 81675 Munich, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:733-8. 2011..peptide TKDNNLLGRFELSG, termed "TKD," comprising amino acids 450-461 (aa(450-461)) in the C terminus of inducible Hsp70, resulted in the generation of an IgG1 mouse mAb cmHsp70.1. The epitope recognized by cmHsp70...
- The stress protein BAG3 stabilizes Mcl-1 protein and promotes survival of cancer cells and resistance to antagonist ABT-737Mariana Boiani
Department of Biochemistry, Vanderbilt Institute of Chemical Biology, Center in Molecular Toxicology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 0146, USA
J Biol Chem 288:6980-90. 2013..Here, we demonstrate that BAG3, an Hsp70 co-chaperone, protects Mcl-1 from proteasomal degradation, thereby promoting its antiapoptotic activity...
- Structure of TPR domain-peptide complexes: critical elements in the assembly of the Hsp70-Hsp90 multichaperone machineC Scheufler
Max Planck Institute for Biochemistry, Martinsried, Germany
Cell 101:199-210. 2000The adaptor protein Hop mediates the association of the molecular chaperones Hsp70 and Hsp90...
- Toll-like receptor agonists and febrile range hyperthermia synergize to induce heat shock protein 70 expression and extracellular releaseAditi Gupta
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Department of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Biol Chem 288:2756-66. 2013Heat shock protein (Hsp) 70 expression can be stimulated by febrile range temperature (FRT). Hsp70 has been shown to be elevated in serum of patients with sepsis, and when released from cells, extracellular Hsp70 exerts endotoxin-like ..
- The diverse members of the mammalian HSP70 machine show distinct chaperone-like activitiesJurre Hageman
Department of Cell Biology, Section of Radiation and Stress Cell Biology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen 9700 AD, The Netherlands
Biochem J 435:127-42. 2011....
- Expression of the molecular chaperone Hsp70 in detergent-resistant microdomains correlates with its membrane delivery and releaseAlexis H Broquet
INSERM U538, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Saint Antoine 27 rue de Chaligny, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
J Biol Chem 278:21601-6. 2003Accumulating evidence suggests that some heat shock proteins (Hsps), in particular the 72-kDa inducible Hsp70, associate to the cell membrane and might be secreted through an unknown mechanism to exert important functions in the immune ..
- HLA complex-linked heat shock protein genes and childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia susceptibilityEsma Ucisik-Akkaya
Genomic Immunoepidemiology Laboratory, HUMIGEN LLC, The Institute for Genetic Immunology, 2439 Kuser Road, Hamilton, NJ 08690 3303, USA
Cell Stress Chaperones 15:475-85. 2010Three heat shock protein 70 (HSP70) genes, HSPA1L, HSPA1A, and HSPA1B, are located within the human leukocyte antigen (HLA) class III region. HSPs act as stress signals and regulate natural killer cell response to cancer...
- Association of hsp70-2 and hsp-hom gene polymorphisms with risk of acute high-altitude illness in a Chinese populationFang Zhou
Institute of Occupational Medicine, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, China
Cell Stress Chaperones 10:349-56. 2005..Accumulated experimental evidence suggests that heat shock proteins (Hsps), especially HSP70, can protect cells and organs against different types of damage...
- Radiation therapy induces circulating serum Hsp72 in patients with prostate cancerMark D Hurwitz
Department of Radiation Oncology, Dana Farber Brigham and Women s Cancer Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Radiother Oncol 95:350-8. 2010b>Hsp72 found in the extracellular milieu has been shown to play an important role in immune regulation. The impact of common cancer therapies on extracellular release of Hsp72 however, has been to date undefined.
- CAIR-1/BAG-3 forms an EGF-regulated ternary complex with phospholipase C-gamma and Hsp70/Hsc70H Doong
Molecular Signaling Section, Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, MD 20892, USA
Oncogene 19:4385-95. 2000CAIR-1/BAG-3 forms an EGF-regulated ternary complex with Hsp70/Hsc70 and latent phospholipase C-gamma (PLC-gamma)...
- Vpr-host interactions during HIV-1 viral life cycleRichard Y Zhao
Department of Pathology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Neuroimmune Pharmacol 6:216-29. 2011....
- The ubiquitin carboxyl hydrolase BAP1 forms a ternary complex with YY1 and HCF-1 and is a critical regulator of gene expressionHelen Yu
University of Montreal, Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital Research Center, Department of Medicine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 30:5071-85. 2010..Our findings (i) establish a direct link between BAP1 and the transcriptional control of genes regulating cell growth and proliferation and (ii) shed light on a novel mechanism of transcription regulation involving ubiquitin signaling...
- Stress-induced localization of HSPA6 (HSP70B') and HSPA1A (HSP70-1) proteins to centrioles in human neuronal cellsSam Khalouei
Centre for the Neurobiology of Stress, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Toronto Scarborough, 1265 Military Trail, Toronto, M1C 1A4, ON, Canada
Cell Stress Chaperones 19:321-7. 2014The localization of yellow fluorescent protein (YFP)-tagged HSP70 proteins was employed to identify stress-sensitive sites in human neurons following temperature elevation...
- HSP72 protects cells from ER stress-induced apoptosis via enhancement of IRE1alpha-XBP1 signaling through a physical interactionSanjeev Gupta
Apoptosis Research Centre, School of Natural Sciences, NUI Galway, Galway, Ireland
PLoS Biol 8:e1000410. 2010..Enhanced expression of Hsp72 has been shown to reduce tissue injury in response to stress stimuli and improve cell survival in experimental ..
- Hsp70 regulates the interaction between the peroxisome targeting signal type 1 (PTS1)-receptor Pex5p and PTS1T Harano
Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, Kyushu University Graduate School, 6 10 1 Hakozaki, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8581, Japan
Biochem J 357:157-65. 2001..system from rabbit reticulocyte lysate was imported into peroxisomes without being supplemented with Pex5p and Hsp70, implying that peroxisome-associated Pex5p was released from the membranes and functional in this in vitro import ..
- Expression of intracellular cytokines, HSP72, and apoptosis in monocyte subsets during exertional heat stress in trained and untrained individualsG A Selkirk
Defence R and D Canada Toronto, 1133 Sheppard Ave E, Toronto, ON, Canada M3M 3B9
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 296:R575-86. 2009..were analyzed for cytokines (TNF-alpha, IL-1beta, IL-6, IL-1ra, and IL-10) in CD14(++)CD16(-)/CD14(+)CD16(+) and HSP72/apoptosis in CD14(Bri)/CD14(Dim) subsets. In addition, serum levels of extracellular (e)HSP72 were also examined...
- Intramuscular heat shock protein 72 and heme oxygenase-1 mRNA are reduced in patients with type 2 diabetes: evidence that insulin resistance is associated with a disturbed antioxidant defense mechanismClinton R Bruce
Exercise Metabolism Group, School of Medical Sciences, RMIT University, Bundoora, Victoria, Australia
Diabetes 52:2338-45. 2003..Basal expression of both HSP72 and HO-1 mRNA were lower (P < 0...
- Heat shock protein hsp72 is a negative regulator of apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1Hee Sae Park
National Creative Research Initiative Center for Cell Death Graduate School of Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul 136 701, South Korea
Mol Cell Biol 22:7721-30. 2002Heat shock protein 72 (Hsp72) is thought to protect cells against cellular stress. The protective role of Hsp72 was investigated by determining the effect of this protein on the stress-activated protein kinase signaling pathways...
- Up-regulation of heat shock protein 70-1 (Hsp70-1) in human limbo-corneal epithelial cells cultivated on amniotic membrane: A proteomic studyDavid Hui Kang Ma
Limbal Stem Cell Laboratory, Department of Ophthalmology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 227:2030-9. 2012..we identified 13 proteins over-expressed by HLE cells cultured on IAM, which included heat shock protein 70-1 (Hsp70-1), Hsp-27, glutathione (GSH) S-transferase, annexin A2, galectin-7, and protein S100-A9...
- Hsp70 inhibits heat-induced apoptosis upstream of mitochondria by preventing Bax translocationAdam R Stankiewicz
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1, Canada
J Biol Chem 280:38729-39. 2005b>Hsp70 overexpression can protect cells from stress-induced apoptosis. Our previous observation that Hsp70 inhibits cytochrome c release in heat-stressed cells led us to examine events occurring upstream of mitochondrial disruption...
- Reciprocal regulation of human immunodeficiency virus-1 gene expression and replication by heat shock proteins 40 and 70Manish Kumar
National Centre for Cell Science, Pune University Campus, Ganeshkhind, Pune 411007, India
J Mol Biol 410:944-58. 2011..Previously, we have shown that Hsp40, a co-chaperone of Hsp70, interacts with HIV-1 negative regulatory factor (Nef) and is required for Nef-mediated increase in viral gene ..
- Interaction of the molecular chaperone Hsp70 with human NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase 1Adil Anwar
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy and Cancer Center, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
J Biol Chem 277:14060-7. 2002..b>Hsp70, however, was found to associate with NQO1*1 protein in cells when co-IPs were performed with an anti-NQO1 ..
- HIV-1 Vpr: a novel role in regulating RNA splicingXianfeng Zhang
Institute for Genetic Medicine, Hokkaido University, Kita ku, Sapporo, Japan
Curr HIV Res 7:163-8. 2009..This review discusses our current knowledge of how RNA splicing regulation is accomplished by Vpr-host factor interactions...
- Inhibition of histone deacetylase activity suppresses IFN-γ induction of tripartite motif 22 via CHIP-mediated proteasomal degradation of IRF-1Bo Gao
Department of Immunology, Institute for Immunobiology, Shanghai Medical College of Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, People s Republic of China
J Immunol 191:464-71. 2013..This study may provide novel insight into the role of HDAC activity in the transcriptional control of IFN-stimulated gene induction...
- Exercise induces the release of heat shock protein 72 from the human brain in vivoG I Lancaster
Skeletal Muscle Research Laboratory, School of Medical Sciences, RMIT University, Bundoora, 3083, Victoria, Australia
Cell Stress Chaperones 9:276-80. 2004..hypothesis that in response to physical stress the human brain has the capacity to release heat shock protein 72 (Hsp72) in vivo...
- Hsp70 and Hsp90 multichaperone complexes sequentially regulate thiazide-sensitive cotransporter endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation and biogenesisBridget F Donnelly
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Biol Chem 288:13124-35. 2013..of NCC immunoprecipitates revealed that the cotransporter formed complexes with the core chaperones Hsp90, Hsp70, and Hsp40. Disruption of Hsp90 function accelerated NCC degradation, suggesting that Hsp90 promotes NCC folding...
- Hyperthermia in the febrile range induces HSP72 expression proportional to exposure temperature but not to HSF-1 DNA-binding activity in human lung epithelial A549 cellsMohan E Tulapurkar
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Cell Stress Chaperones 14:499-508. 2009..We compared HSP72 protein and mRNA expression in human A549 lung epithelial cells continuously exposed to 38.5 degrees C, 39...
- Tid1, a cochaperone of the heat shock 70 protein and the mammalian counterpart of the Drosophila tumor suppressor l(2)tid, is critical for early embryonic development and cell survivalJeng Fan Lo
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:2226-36. 2004..is also a DnaJ protein containing a conserved J domain through which it interacts with the heat shock protein 70 (Hsp70) family of chaperone proteins...
- Exercise-induced extracellular 72 kDa heat shock protein (Hsp72) stimulates neutrophil phagocytic and fungicidal capacities via TLR-2Esther Giraldo
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Extremadura, 06071, Badajoz, Spain
Eur J Appl Physiol 108:217-25. 2010..evaluated the role of toll like receptor 2 (TLR-2) in the interaction of 72 kDa extracellular heat shock protein (Hsp72, a stress-inducible protein) with neutrophils and the participation on TLR-2 in the stimulation of neutrophil ..
- Hsp70 regulates erythropoiesis by preventing caspase-3-mediated cleavage of GATA-1Jean Antoine Ribeil
CNRS UMR 8147, Faculté de Médecine et Université René Descartes Paris V, Institut Fédérative Necker, 75270 Paris, France
Nature 445:102-5. 2007..Here we show that during differentiation, but not during apoptosis, the chaperone protein Hsp70 protects GATA-1 from caspase-mediated proteolysis...
- Ozonation of human blood induces a remarkable upregulation of heme oxygenase-1 and heat stress protein-70Velio Bocci
Department of Physiology, University of Siena, 53100 Siena, Italy
Mediators Inflamm 2007:26785. 2007..At this concentration, there is also induction of Hsp-70. The results clarify another positive effect achievable by the use of ozone therapy...
- Association between open-angle glaucoma and gene polymorphism for heat-shock protein 70-1Karin Tosaka
Department of Ophthalmology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 51:417-23. 2007Heat-shock proteins (HSPs) or antibodies against them may contribute to glaucomatous optic neuropathy. We investigated the associations of HSP70-1 polymorphisms with open-angle glaucoma (OAG) in a Japanese population.
- Human Sin3 deacetylase and trithorax-related Set1/Ash2 histone H3-K4 methyltransferase are tethered together selectively by the cell-proliferation factor HCF-1Joanna Wysocka
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724, USA
Genes Dev 17:896-911. 2003..These results suggest that HCF-1 can broadly regulate transcription, both positively and negatively, through selective modulation of chromatin structure...
- DJ-1 modulates alpha-synuclein aggregation state in a cellular model of oxidative stress: relevance for Parkinson's disease and involvement of HSP70Sara Batelli
Department of Neuroscience, Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research, Milan, Italy
PLoS ONE 3:e1884. 2008..DJ-1 (PARK7), another family-PD-linked gene causing an autosomal recessive form of the pathology, shows antioxidant and chaperone-like activities too...
- Genetic variants of the HLA-A, HLA-B and AIF1 loci show independent associations with type 1 diabetes in Norwegian familiesM C Eike
Institute of Immunology, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Genes Immun 10:141-50. 2009..Our results illustrate the importance of a comprehensive adjustment for LD effects when performing association studies in this complex...
- Characterization of nucleotide-induced changes on the quaternary structure of human 70 kDa heat shock protein Hsp70.1 by analytical ultracentrifugationJulio C Borges
Institute of Chemistry, PO Box 6154, University of Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas SP, 13083 970, Brazil
BMB Rep 42:166-71. 2009..It has been long recognized that the two-domain structure of Hsp70 is critical for these regulated interactions...
- HIV-1 viral protein R (Vpr) and its interactions with host cellGe Li
Department of Pathology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Curr HIV Res 7:178-83. 2009....
- hTid-1, a human DnaJ protein, modulates the interferon signaling pathwayS Sarkar
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854 5635, USA
J Biol Chem 276:49034-42. 2001..Additionally, the data demonstrate that hTid-1 isoforms as well as Jak2 interact with Hsp70/Hsc70 in vivo, and the interaction between Hsp70/Hsc70 and hTid-1 is reduced after IFN-gamma treatment...
- Specific incorporation of heat shock protein 70 family members into primate lentiviral virionsCagan Gurer
Departments of Microbiology and Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Virol 76:4666-70. 2002..cyclophilin A, we probed purified virions with antibodies against heat shock proteins Hsp27, Hsp40, Hsp60, Hsp70, Hsc70, and Hsp90...
- Tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 is an ATPase regulated by silencer of death domainKiyoshi Miki
Gamete Biology Section, Laboratory of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:2536-43. 2002..We found that SODD binds through its BAG domain to the ATPase domain of Hsp70. We also determined that SODD binds through its BAG domain to TNFR1...
- Heat shock factor 1 attenuates 4-Hydroxynonenal-mediated apoptosis: critical role for heat shock protein 70 induction and stabilization of Bcl-XLAaron T Jacobs
Department of Biochemistry, Vanderbilt Institute of Chemical Biology, Center in Molecular Toxicology, Vanderbilt Ingram Comprehensive Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 0146, USA
J Biol Chem 282:33412-20. 2007..translocation of heat shock factor 1 (HSF1), which promotes the expression of heat shock protein 40 (Hsp40) and Hsp70-1...
- HIV-1 viral protein R (Vpr) & host cellular responsesRichard Yuqi Zhao
Department of Pathology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 10 South Pine Street, MSTF 600, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Indian J Med Res 121:270-86. 2005..Strategies with potential application for future antiviral therapies directed at suppressing Vpr activities are described...
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) Vpr-regulated cell death: insights into mechanismK Muthumani
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Cell Death Differ 12:962-70. 2005..Further, we also discuss caveats and future directions for investigation of the interesting biology of this HIV accessory gene...
- The role of Vpr in HIV-1 pathogenesisJoshua L Andersen
Division of Cellular Biology and Immunology, Department of Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Curr HIV Res 3:43-51. 2005..This review presents the latest findings about the pathogenic events triggered by Vpr, the cellular pathways involved, and the molecular and cellular consequences of the action of Vpr in the context of HIV-1 infection...
- Hsp70 alters tau function and aggregation in an isoform specific mannerKellen Voss
Department of Molecular Biosciences, University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas 66045, United States
Biochemistry 51:888-98. 2012..Chaperones of the heat shock protein 70 (Hsp70) family have been implicated in the prevention of abnormal tau aggregation in adult neurons...
- Heat-shock protein 70 exerts opposing effects on Vpr-dependent and Vpr-independent HIV-1 replication in macrophagesSergey Iordanskiy
The George Washington University, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Blood 104:1867-72. 2004..In this report, we demonstrate that Hsp70, a heat-shock protein contributing to cellular stress responses, inhibits nuclear translocation of HIV-1 Vpr...
- BAG-1 modulates the chaperone activity of Hsp70/Hsc70S Takayama
The Burnham Institute, Program on Apoptosis and Cell Death Research, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
EMBO J 16:4887-96. 1997..We present evidence that the protein BAG-1 is a potential modulator of the molecular chaperones, Hsp70 and Hsc70...
- Heat shock transcription factor-1 regulates heat shock protein-72 expression in human keratinocytes exposed to ultraviolet B lightX Zhou
Department of Pathology, Vancouver General Hospital, University of British Columbia, Canada
J Invest Dermatol 111:194-8. 1998..cultures of normal human epidermal keratinocytes, we have examined whether transcriptional activation of the hsp72 gene occurs following UVB irradiation...
- Human immunodeficiency virus-1 Nef suppresses Hsp70-mediated Tat activationRyuichi Sugiyama
Department of Life and Environmental Sciences, Chiba Institute of Technology, 2 17 1 Tsudanuma, Narashino, Chiba 275 0016, Japan
FEBS Lett 585:3367-71. 2011..However, the depletion of Hsp70 was found to reduce the suppressive effect of Nef on HIV-1 gene expression...
- The histone variant mH2A1.1 interferes with transcription by down-regulating PARP-1 enzymatic activityKhalid Ouararhni
Laboratoire Epigénétique et Cancer, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique FRE 2944, 94801 Villejuif, France
Genes Dev 20:3324-36. 2006..1 nucleosomes. In particular, the promoters of the inducible Hsp70.1 and Hsp70.2 genes, but not that of the constitutively expressed Hsp70.8, were highly enriched in mH2A1.1...
- Heat-shock protein 70 can replace viral protein R of HIV-1 during nuclear import of the viral preintegration complexI Agostini
The Picower Institute for Medical Research, Manhasset, New York 11030, USA
Exp Cell Res 259:398-403. 2000..In this report, we demonstrate that a member of this family, Hsp70, facilitates nuclear import of HIV-1 preintegration complexes (PICs)...
- The membrane-bound DnaJ protein located at the cytosolic site of glyoxysomes specifically binds the cytosolic isoform 1 of Hsp70 but not other Hsp70 speciesJ Diefenbach
Fachbereich Chemie der Philipps Universität, Marburg, Germany
Eur J Biochem 267:746-54. 2000..chaperones were obtained by examining the affinity between the DnaJ protein and various potential partners of the Hsp70 family. Two genes encoding cytosolic Hsp70 isoforms were isolated and characterized from cucumber cotyledons...
- Genetic variation in hyaluronan metabolism loci is associated with plasma plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 concentrationMatthew B Lanktree
Department of Medicine, Robarts Research Institute and Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada
Blood 116:2160-3. 2010..The protein products of 2 of these loci, hyaluronan binding protein 2 (HABP2) and hyaluronoglucosaminidase 1 (HYAL1), play key roles in hyaluronan metabolism, providing genetic evidence to link these pathways...
- Heat-shock protein-70 genes and response to antidepressants in major depressionChi Un Pae
Department of Psychiatry, Kangnam St Mary s Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 31:1006-11. 2007..In conclusion, genetic variants within the genes coding for HSP-70 family proteins may affect the action of antidepressants and thus their therapeutic efficacy...
- The allele (A)(-110) in the promoter region of the HSP70-1 gene is unfavorable to longevity in womenK Altomare
Department of Cell Biology, University of Calabria, 87030 Rende, Italy
Biogerontology 4:215-20. 2003..We have investigated whether the gene pool relevant to the (A/C)(-110) polymorphism in the promoter region of the HSP70-1 gene changes as the population ages and survival selection occurs...
- Heat shock protein (Hsp) 40 mutants inhibit Hsp70 in mammalian cellsA A Michels
Department of Radiobiology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Groningen, Bloemsingel 1, 9713 BZ Groningen, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 274:36757-63. 1999..H. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 33283-33289). We now provide further evidence for a functional interaction between Hsp70 and the J-domain of Hsp40 with denatured luciferase resulting in reactivation of heat-denatured luciferase within ..
- Hsp72 inhibits Fas-mediated apoptosis upstream of the mitochondria in type II cellsNicholas J Clemons
Cancer Biology Laboratory, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, St Andrew s Place, East Melbourne 3002, Victoria, Australia
J Biol Chem 280:9005-12. 2005Heat shock protein 72 (Hsp72) inhibits apoptosis induced by some stresses that trigger the intrinsic apoptosis pathway...
- Analysis of heat-shock protein 70 gene polymorphisms and the risk of Parkinson's diseaseYih Ru Wu
Second Department of Neurology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Taipei, Taiwan
Hum Genet 114:236-41. 2004..of polymorphisms -110 A/C, +190 G/C, +1267 A/G, +2074 G/C, and +2437 G/C in the 5' and coding regions of the HSP70-1, HSP70-2, and HSP70-hom genes with the risk of PD by screening DNA samples from 274 PD patients and 183 controls ..
- The role of endogenously produced extracellular hsp72 in mononuclear cell reprogrammingPatricia A Abboud
Division of Critical Care Medicine, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Shock 30:285-92. 2008Intracellular heat shock protein 72 (Hsp72) is known to serve a broad cytoprotective role...
- Heat shock protein 70 protects cells from cell cycle arrest and apoptosis induced by human immunodeficiency virus type 1 viral protein RSergey Iordanskiy
The George Washington University, Ross Hall Rm 734, 2300 Eye St N W, Washington, DC 20037, USA
J Virol 78:9697-704. 2004..A screening for multicopy suppressors of these Vpr activities in fission yeast identified heat shock protein 70 (Hsp70) as a suppressor of Vpr-induced cell cycle arrest...
- Hsp72 chaperone function is dispensable for protection against stress-induced apoptosisAri M Chow
Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, St Andrews Place, East Melbourne, 3002, Australia
Cell Stress Chaperones 14:253-63. 2009In addition to its role as a molecular chaperone, heat shock protein 72 (Hsp72) protects cells against a wide range of apoptosis inducing stresses...
- Negative regulation of the Apaf-1 apoptosome by Hsp70A Saleh
Center for Apoptosis Research and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Kimmel Cancer Institute, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Nat Cell Biol 2:476-83. 2000..Here we show that the documented anti-apoptotic effect of the principal heat-shock protein, Hsp70, is mediated through its direct association with the caspase-recruitment domain (CARD) of Apaf-1 and through ..
- Increased expression of the major heat shock protein Hsp72 in human prostate carcinoma cells is dispensable for their viability but confers resistance to a variety of anticancer agentsVladimir L Gabai
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Oncogene 24:3328-38. 2005The major heat shock protein Hsp72 is expressed at high levels in various types of cancer...
- Immunolocalisation of heat shock protein 72 and glycoprotein 96 in colonic adenocarcinomaXiaoping Wang
Department of Pathology, Shaanxi University of Chinese Medicine, Xianyang 712046, Shaanxi, China
Acta Histochem 110:117-23. 2008Heat shock protein 72 (HSP72) and glycoprotein 96 (gp96) are highly expressed in cancer tissues...
- Anti-inflammatory heat shock protein 70 genes are positively associated with human survivalR Singh
FCMB, Vejle, Denmark
Curr Pharm Des 16:796-801. 2010..The involvement of heat shock protein 70 (Hsp70) in cellular maintenance and repair mechanisms, including its role as an anti-inflammatory protein, makes it a ..
- Interactive association of heat shock protein 70 genes variants with natural longevity in Xinjiang Hetian Uygur ethnicityJinxin Li
Cardiology Department, the First Affiliated Hospital of Xinjiang Medical University, Urumqi, Xinjiang, China
Transl Res 154:257-64. 2009..association of 3 variants (A1267G in HSPA1B, G190C in HSPA1A, and T2437C in HSPA1L) in the heat shock protein 70 (Hsp70) family with natural longevity in a Xinjiang Hetian Uygur population...
- Association between heat shock protein 70/Hom genetic polymorphisms and uveitis in patients with sarcoidosisPaolo Spagnolo
Clinical Genomic Group, National Heart and Lung Institute, Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:3019-25. 2007..b>HSP70 molecules play a key role in the immune response by functioning both as chaperones and as inducers of ..
- Structure and expression of the three MHC-linked HSP70 genesC M Milner
Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, England
Immunogenetics 32:242-51. 1990A duplicated locus encoding the major heat shock-induced protein HSP70 is located in the major histocompatibility complex (MHC) class III region 92 kilobases (kb) telomeric to the C2 gene...
- Heat-shock protein 70 genes and human longevity: a view from DenmarkRipudaman Singh
Department of Human Genetics, Bartholin Building, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1067:301-8. 2006We have studied the association of three single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) present in the three HSP70 (heat-shock protein) genes on 6p21 with human longevity...
- Serious carbamazepine-induced hypersensitivity reactions associated with the HSP70 gene clusterAna Alfirevic
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, The University of Liverpool, Sherrington Building, Ashton Street, Liverpool, UK
Pharmacogenet Genomics 16:287-96. 2006..The heat shock protein (HSP70) gene cluster is located in the MHC class III region.
- Evidence of an interaction between Mos and Hsp70: a role of the Mos residue serine 3 in mediating Hsp70 associationH Liu
Department of Molecular Pathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Oncogene 18:3461-70. 1999..We provide evidence that mouse c-Mos binds to Hsp70, a molecular chaperone. Hsp70 was found to associate with Mos ectopically expressed in COS-1 cells...
- The septic shock associated HSPA1B1267 polymorphism influences production of HSPA1A and HSPA1BSuzanna E L Temple
School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, GPO Box X2213, 6847 Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Intensive Care Med 30:1761-7. 2004..To identify a functional polymorphic site(s) within HSPA1A and/or HSPA1B which is in linkage disequilibrium with the silent mutation HSPA1B1267A>G and explains its association with septic shock...
- Localization of a human heat-shock HSP 70 gene sequence to chromosome 6 and detection of two other loci by somatic-cell hybrid and restriction fragment length polymorphism analysisA M Goate
Hum Genet 75:123-8. 1987....
- Human major histocompatibility complex contains genes for the major heat shock protein HSP70C A Sargent
Medical Research Council Immunochemistry Unit, Oxford, England
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 86:1968-72. 1989..for the presence of additional loci, we have located a duplicated locus encoding the major heat shock protein HSP70 between the complement and tumor necrosis factor genes...
- Genetic interaction of Hsp70 family genes polymorphisms with high-altitude pulmonary edema among Chinese railway constructors at altitudes exceeding 4000 metersYue Qi
National Laboratory of Medical Molecular Biology, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, No 5 Dong Dan San Tiao, 100005 Beijing, China
Clin Chim Acta 405:17-22. 2009..We focused on 5 common polymorphisms within HSPA1A (rs1043618 and rs1008438), HSPA1B (rs1061581 and rs539689) and HSPA1L (rs2227956) of Hsp70 family to explore their potential interaction upon susceptibility to HAPE in Chinese.
- Polymorphic analysis of the heat-shock protein 70 gene (HSPA1A) in Ménière's diseaseSachie Kawaguchi
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Acta Otolaryngol 128:1173-7. 2008The single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) 190 G/C in HSP70-1 (HSPA1A) was found to be a factor associated with Meniere's disease (MD)...
- Functional SNPs in HSPA1A gene predict risk of coronary heart diseaseMeian He
Institute of Occupational Medicine and the Ministry of Education Key Lab of Environment and Health, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, China
PLoS ONE 4:e4851. 2009b>HSP70 plays crucial roles in endothelial cell apoptosis, which is involved in the early phase and progress of coronary heart disease (CHD)...
- Isolation of Bcl-2 binding proteins that exhibit homology with BAG-1 and suppressor of death domains proteinK Antoku
Department of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, BST E1055, 211 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213 2582, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 286:1003-10. 2001..BAG-3 and BAG-4/SODD, like BAG-1, were also shown to bind to Hsp70 inside the cell...
- Heat shock protein 70 gene polymorphisms in Mexican patients with spondyloarthropathiesG Vargas-Alarcon
Cellular Biology Section, Department of Physiology, Instituto Nacional de Cardiologia Ignacio Chavez, Tlalpan, Mexico DF, Mexico
Ann Rheum Dis 61:48-51. 2002To investigate the role of HSP70 genes as contributors to genetic susceptibility of the spondyloarthropathies (SpA) in the Mexican population.
- Variations in HSP70 genes associated with noise-induced hearing loss in two independent populationsAnnelies Konings
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Eur J Hum Genet 17:329-35. 2009..This protection is highly variable between individuals. An association of HSP70 genes with NIHL has been described by Yang et al (2006) in a Chinese sample set of noise-exposed workers...
- 14-3-3 cooperates with LKB1 to regulate the activity and localization of QSK and SIKAbdallah K Al-Hakim
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee, DD1 5EH, UK
J Cell Sci 118:5661-73. 2005..To our knowledge, this study provides the first example of 14-3-3 binding directly to the T-loop of a protein kinase and influencing its catalytic activity and cellular localization...
- Targeting expression of hsp70i to discrete neuronal populations using the Lmo-1 promoter: assessment of the neuroprotective effects of hsp70i in vivo and in vitroS Kelly
URCN and MRC Center for Synaptic Plasticity, Division of Medicine, University of Bristol, UK
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 21:972-81. 2001..1 of the Lmo-1 gene to study the neuroprotective effects of the inducible form of heat shock protein 70kD (hsp70i) in primary hippocampal cultures in a mouse model of global cerebral ischemia...
- The use of liver spheroids as an in vitro model for studying induction of the stress response as a marker of chemical toxicityC Dilworth
Toxicology Department, School of Pharmacy, 29-39 Brunswick Square, London, UK
Toxicol In Vitro 14:169-76. 2000..In monolayer cultures of primary hepatocytes, however, the two stress proteins, Hsp25 and Hsp72/3 are up-regulated, probably due to the effect of the isolation procedure and adaptation of the cells to the ..
- [Molecular factors of cerebral hypoxia-ischemia]A Macaya
, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona
Rev Neurol 24:855-64. 1996..We report the expression of the immediate early gene c-fos and c-jun mRNAs and of HSP72 mRNA and protein in several models of cerebral HI...
- Expression of an HSP110 family, ischemia-responsive protein (irp94), in the rat brain after transient forebrain ischemiaH S Koh
Department of Neurosurgery, College of Medicine, Chungnam National University Taejon, Korea
Z Naturforsch C 55:449-54. 2000..pattern was like that of the endoplasmic reticulum chaperone, Erp72, but not that of the cytosol chaperone, hsp72. In addition, when intracellular ATP was depleted with antimycin A the mRNA level of irp94 increased in a ..
- Interspecific- and acclimation-induced variation in levels of heat-shock proteins 70 (hsp70) and 90 (hsp90) and heat-shock transcription factor-1 (HSF1) in congeneric marine snails (genus Tegula): implications for regulation of hsp gene expressionLars Tomanek
Hopkins Marine Station, Stanford University, Pacific Grove, CA 93950 3094, USA
J Exp Biol 205:677-85. 2002..Thus, elevated levels of heat-shock proteins of the 40, 70 and 90 kDa families (hsp 40, hsp70 and hsp90, respectively) would be predicted to elevate T(on)...
- A comparative study of localization of heat shock protein 27 and heat shock protein 72 in the developmental and degenerative intervertebral discsTsuneaki Takao
Department of Neuropathology, Neurological Institute, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 27:361-8. 2002The lumbar intervertebral discs of 135 subjects after autopsy were immunostained with antihuman heat shock protein 27 (HSP27) monoclonal antibody and antihuman heat shock protein 72 (HSP72) polyclonal antibody.
- Heat shock protein 70 gene expression in equine blastocysts after exposure of oocytes to high temperatures in vitro or in vivo after exercise of donor maresC J Mortensen
Department of Animal Science, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 2471, USA
Theriogenology 74:374-83. 2010..Embryos produced in vitro (including controls) had increased levels of HSPA1A mRNA relative to 18S rRNA compared to in vivo-produced embryos, suggesting a response to environmental insult...
- Circulating heat shock protein 70 (HSPA1A) in normal and pathological pregnanciesAttila Molvarec
First Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Semmelweis University, Baross utca 27, Budapest, 1088, Hungary
Cell Stress Chaperones 15:237-47. 2010..However, Hsp70 (HSPA1A) is present in the peripheral circulation of healthy nonpregnant and pregnant individuals...
- A natural extracellular factor that induces Hsp72, inhibits apoptosis, and restores stress resistance in aged human cellsV Volloch
Tufts University Biotechnology Center, 4 Colby Street, Medford, Massachusetts 02155, USA
Exp Cell Res 253:483-92. 1999..On the other hand, the major inducible heat shock protein Hsp72 protects cells from a large variety of stresses and thus represents a generalized repair/stress resistance ..
- Higher induction of heat shock protein 72 by heat stress in cisplatin-resistant than in cisplatin-sensitive cancer cellsT Abe
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Japan, Iseigaoka 1 1, Yahatanishi ku, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka 807 8555, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1445:123-33. 1999..A mild treatment with a heat stress (42 degrees C for 30 min) induced synthesis of both the heat shock protein 72 (Hsp72) mRNA and the HSP72 protein in A2780CP cells, but not in A2780 cells...
- Altered heat stress response following streptozotocin-induced diabetesEva Najemnikova
Faculty of Physical Education and Health, University of Toronto, 55 Harbord Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5S 2W6
Cell Stress Chaperones 12:342-52. 2007..v.). The content of Hsp72, Hsp25, and Hsf1 in skeletal muscles, heart, kidney, and liver was assessed by Western blotting, while ..
- Glucose ingestion attenuates the exercise-induced increase in circulating heat shock protein 72 and heat shock protein 60 in humansMark A Febbraio
The Copenhagen Muscle Research Center, Copenhagen, Denmark
Cell Stress Chaperones 9:390-6. 2004..Glucose deprivation increases Hsp72 in cultured cells, whereas reduced glycogen availability elevates Hsp72 in contracting human skeletal muscle...
- Evolutionary significance of intra-genome duplications on human chromosomesT Endo
Center for Information Biology, National Institute of Genetics, Mishima, Shizuoka, Japan
Gene 205:19-27. 1997..We also propose that a comparative mapping of paralogous genes within the human genome would be useful for identifying new genes...
- Heat shock protein changes in hibernation: a similarity with heart failure?R Ferrari
Chair of Cardiology, University of Brescia, Italy
J Mol Cell Cardiol 28:2383-95. 1996..We tested the hypothesis that these two conditions evoke the myocardial expression of heat shock protein 72 (hsp72) as an adaptive response at the molecular level...
- Heat shock proteins, end effectors of myocardium ischemic preconditioning?María Concepcion Guisasola
Unit of Experimental Medicine and Surgery, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, 28007 Madrid, Spain
Cell Stress Chaperones 11:250-8. 2006..of this study was to investigate (1) whether ischemia-reperfusion increased the content of heat shock protein 72 (Hsp72) transcripts and (2) whether myocardial content of Hsp72 is increased by ischemic preconditioning so that they can ..
- Functional region of mouse heat shock protein 72 for its binding to lymphoid neoplastic P388D1 cellsMichiko Ohno
Division of Food Science and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Goka sho, Uji, Kyoto 611 011, Japan
Mol Immunol 44:2344-54. 2007..We have found that recombinant mouse inducible heat shock protein 72 (Hsp72) bound to lymphoid neoplastic P388D1 cells...
- Expression of heat shock proteins after ultrasound exposure in HL-60 cellsWerner Sontag
Institut für Biologische Grenzflächen, Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe, Karlsruhe, Germany
Ultrasound Med Biol 35:1032-41. 2009..In the present study, we expanded our investigations to the induction of HSPs, particularly Hsp72, by ultrasound (US)...
- Differential induction of Hsp70-encoding genes in human hematopoietic cellsS Leppa
Department of Oncology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, P O Box 180, Helsinki FIN 00029 HUCH, Finland
J Biol Chem 276:31713-9. 2001..Here we have analyzed the development of thermotolerance and induction of distinct Hsp70 encoding genes in three cell lines representing different hematopoietic cell types...
- Expression of HSP72 in the gastric mucosa is regulated by gastric acid in rats-correlation of HSP72 expression with mucosal protectionIsao Wada
Department of Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, Akita University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Hondo, Akita 010 8543, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 349:611-8. 2006..In the present study, we investigated the effect of acid suppressing agents on a 72-kDa heat shock protein (HSP72) expression, which is known as endogenous cytoprotective factor, in the gastric mucosa...
- Targeting stress-mediated pathways in the treatment of muscle insulin resistancePaige C Geiger; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our central hypothesis is that increased expression of HSP72 and HSP25 will decrease stress kinase activation and improve insulin signaling...
- Heat shock proteins in signaling and cancerMichael Y Sherman; Fiscal Year: 2013Abstract Expression of the major heat shock protein Hsp72 correlates with poor prognosis in many types of cancer, suggesting that Hsp72 can provide a selective advantage to cancer cells...
- Hsp90 as a Target for the Treatment of Childhood CancerRochelle Bagatell; Fiscal Year: 2010..in these patients and to assess the extent to which the MTD of this drug alters the levels of Akt, IGF1R, and Hsp72 in blood samples...
- The Impact of Heat Shock Protein Expression on Inflammation and Insulin ActionAndrea L Hevener; Fiscal Year: 2013..stress may contribute to the development of insulin resistance as induction of HSF-1 and the inducible HSP (HSP72) are significantly diminished in patients with impaired glucose tolerance and type 2 diabetes compared with lean ..
- Mechanisms of exercise protection in ventilator-induced diaphragm dysfunctionScott K Powers; Fiscal Year: 2013..e., manganese superoxide dismutase (SOD2) and glutathione) and/or 2) heat shock protein 72 (HSP72). APPROACH: Our hypothesis will be tested using an established animal model of MV...
- ROLE OF HSP 110 IN TAUOPATHYNahid F Mivechi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Heat shock proteins (Hsps) such as Hsp110 and Hsp70i are highly expressed following exposure to environmental insults...
- The Neuroprotective Effect of HSP72 Induction in Experimental GlaucomaNatik Piri; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our hypothesis is that long-term pharmacological induction of Hsp72 (the inducible form of heat shock protein 70) expression can protect RGCs from glaucomatous damage...
- Heat Shock Proteins and the Stress Observation SystemAntonio De Maio; Fiscal Year: 2013..Prior investigations have shown that Hsp70 (Hsp72), the major inducible form of the hsp family, was found embedded in the plasma membrane of cells recovering from a ..
- CYTOPROTECTIVE ROLE OF HEAT SHOCK PROTEINS IN IBDEugene Chang; Fiscal Year: 2007..the regulation and mechanisms of action of two intestinal epithelial heat shock proteins (hsp), hsp25/27 and hsp72, both exhibiting epithelial- and colon-specific expression in the gut...
- AGING, ESTROGEN, HSPS AND MYOCARDIAL ISCHEMIAANNE KNOWLTON; Fiscal Year: 2005..In the heart, HSP72, the inducible HSP70, is increased by ischemia and is cardioprotective...
- CYTOPROTECTIVE ROLE OF HSP72 IN RENAL CELL INJURYSteven C Borkan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Since Hsp70 (Hsp72kDa) likely interrupts the ischemic cell death pathway at each step, and a Bax blocking peptide prevents NPM-..
- Molecular mechanisms of oxidative stress resistance in an animal model of aging wSarah Milton; Fiscal Year: 2009..Heat shock protein 72 (Hsp72) is also strongly upregulated by anoxia, and its role as a molecular chaperone to reduce accumulation of AGE ..
- Identification and Characterization of Gene Fusions in Lung AdenocarcinomaArul M Chinnaiyan; Fiscal Year: 2013..There is great potential that new therapeutic targets may be identified as well as markers for early detection that would directly impact survival of specific patients with lung cancer. ..
- Role of Bone Marrow-Derived Myeloid Cells in Alcohol Liver DiseaseCynthia Ju; Fiscal Year: 2013..a) Livers from ethanol-fed mice will be harvested to examine message expression levels of IL-1b, IL-6, S100A8/A9, HSP72, and COX-2...
- Androgen receptor targeted vaccines for prostate cancerDouglas G McNeel; Fiscal Year: 2013..Moreover, we have previously shown that increased expression of Hsp72 can increase MHC class I expression and antigen presentation...
- Allosteric Mechanism of Hsp70 Molecular ChaperonesLila M Gierasch; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The ubiquitous Hsp70 family of molecular chaperones utilizes a deceptively simple mechanism of interdomain allostery to accomplish a stunningly broad array of critical cellular functions...
- METHYLATION-ASSOCIATED SILENCING OF MOUSE HSP70 GENESBenette Phillips; Fiscal Year: 1999..to study the significance of methylation in a system involving variably methylated and variably expressing hsp70 genes and selected cell lines. In her preliminary data, Dr...
- STRESS PROTEIN MODULATION OF MEASLES VIRAL ENCEPHALITISDaphne Vasconcelos; Fiscal Year: 1999..The hypothesis tested in this proposal is that the major inducible 70 kDa heat shock protein (i.e., hsp72) increases cytopathic effect caused by measles virus (MV) infection of nervous tissues...
- Modulation of the Morbilliviral Response to Hsp72Matthew Buccellato; Fiscal Year: 2007..interactions between morbilliviral nucleocapsid protein (N) and the major inducible 70kDa heat shock protein (hsp72), establishing a link between modification of this interaction and alterations in viral infection phenotype within ..
- A Novel Cytoprotective Peptide for GI Epithelial CellFREDERICK TOBACK; Fiscal Year: 2005..proteins (occludin, ZO-1, claudin-5), an adherens junction protein (E-cadherin), and heat shock proteins (hsp25, hsp72), and protects the actin microfilament network in cells exposed to cytochalasin D...
- HEAT SHOCK-LIKE PROTEIN AND CELLULAR DIFFERENTIATIONJohn Yu; Fiscal Year: 1990..The protein is related, but not identical to a heat shock induced protein, the hsp 70...
- Aging, physical activity and toll-like receptor 4.Michael Flynn; Fiscal Year: 2003..expression of TLR4/CD14 and single-cell cytokine production (flow cytometry), in vitro cytokine stimulation (LPS, HSP72 and HSP60) and MAP kinase activation will be determined...
- AN EXTRACELLULAR HUMAN INHIBITOR OF APOPTOSISPaul Leavis; Fiscal Year: 2000..The major inducible heat shock protein Hsp72 protects cells from most stresses and thus represents a generalized repair/stress resistance component...
- Severe Asthma and the Glucocorticoid Receptor ComplexGregory Hawkins; Fiscal Year: 2006..binding complex, and include heat shock protein 90 (hsp90 alpha and beta), heat shock protein 70 (hsc70 and hsp70 [1A and 1B]), heat shock protein 40 (hsp40), hsp organizing protein (hop), and p23...
- NEUROPROTECTIVE GENES AFTER TRAUMATIC BRAINRobert Clark; Fiscal Year: 2001..specific AIMS are: 1) Further characterize the cellular, regional, and temporal expression of the stress proteins (hsp72, grp 75, and grp 78); and the anti-apoptotic genes (bcl-2, bcl-x-long, and bc-beta; after TBI, using in situ ..
- APOPTOSIS--ROLE OF HSP72 AND NOVEL DEATH ANTAGONISTSRobin Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2001..It is proposed here that heat shock protein 72 (HSP72) can also function as an anti-apoptosis gene and evidence to support this statement is given...
- HSP72 in Mitochondrial & Microtubular Protection in NECJENNIFER LIEDEL; Fiscal Year: 2009..The applicant's research will form a solid foundation upon which the future direction and research necessary to build a career in academic medicine can be based. ..
- SPINAL NEURAL ACTIVITY--ROLE IN POST ISCHEMIC INJURYMartin Marsala; Fiscal Year: 2001..The second aim is to define the factors governing spinal expression of HSP72 and immediate early genes, and the correlation of such expression with post-ischemia functional recovery...
- Function of inducible HSP70 genes in mouse modelDIMITRIOS MOSKOFIDIS; Fiscal Year: 2004..To this effect, we have generated mice deficient in hsp7O by replacing the entire coding region of the hsp7O.1 or hsp70.3 gene with an in frame b-galactosidase gene sequence...
- Effect of HIV-1 Vpr on Basic Cellular Functions (II)Richard Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Cell Cycle G2/M Pathway Modulated by Viral Protein RRichard Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2006..These proposed studies will provide a comprehensive framework for this new cell cycle control pathway and provide insights into fundamental aspects of this new G2/M surveillance system of eukaryotic cells. ..
- THE CELLULAR STRESS RESPONSE IN VIRAL ENCEPHALITISMichael Oglesbee; Fiscal Year: 2008..Data from our previous funding interval show that the major inducible 70 kDa HSP (hsp72) interacts with two discrete binding motifs (Box-2 and Box-3) on the C- terminus of the MV nucleocapsid protein (N)..
- Stress, Heat-Shock Proteins, and Innate ImmunityMonika Fleshner; Fiscal Year: 2008..Although the mechanisms of induction and functions of intracellular Hsp72 have been thoroughly studied, only recently has it been discovered that extracellular Hsp72 (crisp72) can be ..
- EXERCISE, STRESS AND IMMUNITY--PHYSIOLOGICAL MECHANISMSMonika Fleshner; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Laser Capture Microdissection (LCM) SystemRobert Helfert; Fiscal Year: 2004..The availability of LCM with integrated QRT-PCR as a core facility will greatly strengthen the on-going strong NIH-funded research programs of our faculty. ..
- MECHANICAL VENTILATION AND RESPIRATORY MUSCLESScott Powers; Fiscal Year: 2004..The long-term goal of our experiments is to provide the knowledge required to develop clinical strategies to oppose the deleterious effects of MV on respiratory muscles. ..
- NUCLEAR TRANSLOCATION OF HIV 1 GENOME AS A DRUG TARGETMichael Bukrinsky; Fiscal Year: 2004..Upon completion, these studies are expected to define potent anti-HIV compounds working through a novel mechanism different from that of any other currently used drug. ..
- Imaging Technology for HIV Nuclear Import InhibitorsMichael Bukrinsky; Fiscal Year: 2003..The imaging technology will greatly augment the value of the project by adding a superior method for analyzing the activity of the drugs. ..
- ROS Defense Mechanisms in Brain ReoxygenationSarah Milton; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Leukocyte recruitment by cyclophilinc-CD147 interactionMichael Bukrinsky; Fiscal Year: 2005..This exploratory proposal is fully consistent with the goals of this PA as it extends our previous discovery toward new directions related to regulation of inflammatory responses. ..
- CD4+ memory T cell recruitment by cyclophilinMichael Bukrinsky; Fiscal Year: 2004..Therefore, the R03 mechanism appears highly appropriate. If proven, this hypothesis will serve as a foundation for a new research program, which might suggest novel approaches to treatment of HIV-1 infection. ..
- The Role of Vpr in HIV-1 Nuclear TranslocationMichael Bukrinsky; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our recent studies have identified heat shock protein 70 (Hsp70) as a substitute for Vpr in such cells, but the molecular reason for this substitution is not known...
- In-vivo Bioluminescence Imaging SystemLINDA TOTH; Fiscal Year: 2007..Also, the same equipment permits a more efficient way in which effective cancer treatments can be developed and tested. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HIV Impairs Reverse Cholesterol TransportMichael Bukrinsky; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies are expected to yield sufficient information upon which to base a well-planned and rigorous series of further investigations. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cell Mechanisms of Abnormal Protein AggregationMichael Sherman; Fiscal Year: 2007..Exploration of fundamental mechanisms of protein aggregation that we undertake in this project will help to understand the nature of several neurological disorders. ..
- Progenitor cell pretreatment against acute surgical I/RDaniel Meldrum; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanical Ventilation and Diaphragmatic Oxidant InjuryScott Powers; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Oxadaizols: Rationally designed compounds targeting HIV nuclear importationMichael Bukrinsky; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Exercise, Antioxidants, and I-R InjuryScott Powers; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- TNRF1 Signaling Resistance in Ischemic Human Female MyocardiumDaniel R Meldrum; Fiscal Year: 2010..Female and male myocardium from the following study subjects will be tested: humans, wild type mice, STATS knockout mice, TNFR1 and TNFR2 knockout mice, and alpha and beta estrogen receptor knockout mice. ..
- Circulating HSP70 in Hyperthermia and Cancer TherapyAlexzander Asea; Fiscal Year: 2006..address this gap in the knowledge base by elucidating the cellular activation mechanism induced by extracellular HSP70. The objective of this particular application, which is the next step towards attainment of our long-term goal, is ..
- Effect of donor tissue gp96 on allograft immunityALAN POCKLEY; Fiscal Year: 2003..Previous studies have shown that HSPs Hsp70, Hsp90, and gp96 isolated from tumor tissue can induce tumor-specific immunity and that this response is induced ..