Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hsp70
Description: heat shock 70kDa protein 1A
Alias: HEL-S-103, HSP70-1, HSP70-1A, HSP70I, HSP72, HSPA1, HSP70-1/HSP70-2, HSP70.1/HSP70.2, dnaK-type molecular chaperone HSP70-1, epididymis secretory protein Li 103, heat shock 70 kDa protein 1/2, heat shock 70 kDa protein 1A/1B, heat shock 70kD protein 1A, heat shock-induced protein
Publications180 found, 100 shown here
- Association of hsp70-2 and hsp-hom gene polymorphisms with risk of acute high-altitude illness in a Chinese populationFang Zhou
Institute of Occupational Medicine, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, China
Cell Stress Chaperones 10:349-56. 2005..Accumulated experimental evidence suggests that heat shock proteins (Hsps), especially HSP70, can protect cells and organs against different types of damage...
- Radiation therapy induces circulating serum Hsp72 in patients with prostate cancerMark D Hurwitz
Department of Radiation Oncology, Dana Farber Brigham and Women s Cancer Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Radiother Oncol 95:350-8. 2010b>Hsp72 found in the extracellular milieu has been shown to play an important role in immune regulation. The impact of common cancer therapies on extracellular release of Hsp72 however, has been to date undefined.
- Hsp70 alters tau function and aggregation in an isoform specific mannerKellen Voss
Department of Molecular Biosciences, University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas 66045, United States
Biochemistry 51:888-98. 2012..Chaperones of the heat shock protein 70 (Hsp70) family have been implicated in the prevention of abnormal tau aggregation in adult neurons...
- Specific incorporation of heat shock protein 70 family members into primate lentiviral virionsCagan Gurer
Departments of Microbiology and Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Virol 76:4666-70. 2002..cyclophilin A, we probed purified virions with antibodies against heat shock proteins Hsp27, Hsp40, Hsp60, Hsp70, Hsc70, and Hsp90...
- Tid1, a cochaperone of the heat shock 70 protein and the mammalian counterpart of the Drosophila tumor suppressor l(2)tid, is critical for early embryonic development and cell survivalJeng Fan Lo
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:2226-36. 2004..is also a DnaJ protein containing a conserved J domain through which it interacts with the heat shock protein 70 (Hsp70) family of chaperone proteins...
- Exercise-induced extracellular 72 kDa heat shock protein (Hsp72) stimulates neutrophil phagocytic and fungicidal capacities via TLR-2Esther Giraldo
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Extremadura, 06071, Badajoz, Spain
Eur J Appl Physiol 108:217-25. 2010..evaluated the role of toll like receptor 2 (TLR-2) in the interaction of 72 kDa extracellular heat shock protein (Hsp72, a stress-inducible protein) with neutrophils and the participation on TLR-2 in the stimulation of neutrophil ..
- Heat-shock protein 70 exerts opposing effects on Vpr-dependent and Vpr-independent HIV-1 replication in macrophagesSergey Iordanskiy
The George Washington University, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Blood 104:1867-72. 2004..In this report, we demonstrate that Hsp70, a heat-shock protein contributing to cellular stress responses, inhibits nuclear translocation of HIV-1 Vpr...
- Hsp72 chaperone function is dispensable for protection against stress-induced apoptosisAri M Chow
Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, St Andrews Place, East Melbourne, 3002, Australia
Cell Stress Chaperones 14:253-63. 2009In addition to its role as a molecular chaperone, heat shock protein 72 (Hsp72) protects cells against a wide range of apoptosis inducing stresses...
- Negative regulation of the Apaf-1 apoptosome by Hsp70A Saleh
Center for Apoptosis Research and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Kimmel Cancer Institute, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Nat Cell Biol 2:476-83. 2000..Here we show that the documented anti-apoptotic effect of the principal heat-shock protein, Hsp70, is mediated through its direct association with the caspase-recruitment domain (CARD) of Apaf-1 and through ..
- Structure of TPR domain-peptide complexes: critical elements in the assembly of the Hsp70-Hsp90 multichaperone machineC Scheufler
Max Planck Institute for Biochemistry, Martinsried, Germany
Cell 101:199-210. 2000The adaptor protein Hop mediates the association of the molecular chaperones Hsp70 and Hsp90...
- Heat shock protein (Hsp) 40 mutants inhibit Hsp70 in mammalian cellsA A Michels
Department of Radiobiology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Groningen, Bloemsingel 1, 9713 BZ Groningen, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 274:36757-63. 1999..H. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 33283-33289). We now provide further evidence for a functional interaction between Hsp70 and the J-domain of Hsp40 with denatured luciferase resulting in reactivation of heat-denatured luciferase within ..
- The role of endogenously produced extracellular hsp72 in mononuclear cell reprogrammingPatricia A Abboud
Division of Critical Care Medicine, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Shock 30:285-92. 2008Intracellular heat shock protein 72 (Hsp72) is known to serve a broad cytoprotective role...
- Analysis of heat-shock protein 70 gene polymorphisms and the risk of Parkinson's diseaseYih Ru Wu
Second Department of Neurology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Taipei, Taiwan
Hum Genet 114:236-41. 2004..of polymorphisms -110 A/C, +190 G/C, +1267 A/G, +2074 G/C, and +2437 G/C in the 5' and coding regions of the HSP70-1, HSP70-2, and HSP70-hom genes with the risk of PD by screening DNA samples from 274 PD patients and 183 controls ..
- Heat shock protein 70 protects cells from cell cycle arrest and apoptosis induced by human immunodeficiency virus type 1 viral protein RSergey Iordanskiy
The George Washington University, Ross Hall Rm 734, 2300 Eye St N W, Washington, DC 20037, USA
J Virol 78:9697-704. 2004..A screening for multicopy suppressors of these Vpr activities in fission yeast identified heat shock protein 70 (Hsp70) as a suppressor of Vpr-induced cell cycle arrest...
- Hsp72 inhibits Fas-mediated apoptosis upstream of the mitochondria in type II cellsNicholas J Clemons
Cancer Biology Laboratory, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, St Andrew s Place, East Melbourne 3002, Victoria, Australia
J Biol Chem 280:9005-12. 2005Heat shock protein 72 (Hsp72) inhibits apoptosis induced by some stresses that trigger the intrinsic apoptosis pathway...
- Hsp70 inhibits heat-induced apoptosis upstream of mitochondria by preventing Bax translocationAdam R Stankiewicz
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1, Canada
J Biol Chem 280:38729-39. 2005b>Hsp70 overexpression can protect cells from stress-induced apoptosis. Our previous observation that Hsp70 inhibits cytochrome c release in heat-stressed cells led us to examine events occurring upstream of mitochondrial disruption...
- The septic shock associated HSPA1B1267 polymorphism influences production of HSPA1A and HSPA1BSuzanna E L Temple
School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, GPO Box X2213, 6847 Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Intensive Care Med 30:1761-7. 2004..To identify a functional polymorphic site(s) within HSPA1A and/or HSPA1B which is in linkage disequilibrium with the silent mutation HSPA1B1267A>G and explains its association with septic shock...
- Polymorphic analysis of the heat-shock protein 70 gene (HSPA1A) in Ménière's diseaseSachie Kawaguchi
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Acta Otolaryngol 128:1173-7. 2008The single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) 190 G/C in HSP70-1 (HSPA1A) was found to be a factor associated with Meniere's disease (MD)...
- Variations in HSP70 genes associated with noise-induced hearing loss in two independent populationsAnnelies Konings
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Eur J Hum Genet 17:329-35. 2009..This protection is highly variable between individuals. An association of HSP70 genes with NIHL has been described by Yang et al (2006) in a Chinese sample set of noise-exposed workers...
- Intramuscular heat shock protein 72 and heme oxygenase-1 mRNA are reduced in patients with type 2 diabetes: evidence that insulin resistance is associated with a disturbed antioxidant defense mechanismClinton R Bruce
Exercise Metabolism Group, School of Medical Sciences, RMIT University, Bundoora, Victoria, Australia
Diabetes 52:2338-45. 2003..Basal expression of both HSP72 and HO-1 mRNA were lower (P < 0...
- Immunolocalisation of heat shock protein 72 and glycoprotein 96 in colonic adenocarcinomaXiaoping Wang
Department of Pathology, Shaanxi University of Chinese Medicine, Xianyang 712046, Shaanxi, China
Acta Histochem 110:117-23. 2008Heat shock protein 72 (HSP72) and glycoprotein 96 (gp96) are highly expressed in cancer tissues...
- Isolation of Bcl-2 binding proteins that exhibit homology with BAG-1 and suppressor of death domains proteinK Antoku
Department of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, BST E1055, 211 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213 2582, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 286:1003-10. 2001..BAG-3 and BAG-4/SODD, like BAG-1, were also shown to bind to Hsp70 inside the cell...
- Association between heat shock protein 70/Hom genetic polymorphisms and uveitis in patients with sarcoidosisPaolo Spagnolo
Clinical Genomic Group, National Heart and Lung Institute, Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:3019-25. 2007..b>HSP70 molecules play a key role in the immune response by functioning both as chaperones and as inducers of ..
- Heat shock protein 70 gene polymorphisms in Mexican patients with spondyloarthropathiesG Vargas-Alarcon
Cellular Biology Section, Department of Physiology, Instituto Nacional de Cardiologia Ignacio Chavez, Tlalpan, Mexico DF, Mexico
Ann Rheum Dis 61:48-51. 2002To investigate the role of HSP70 genes as contributors to genetic susceptibility of the spondyloarthropathies (SpA) in the Mexican population.
- Serious carbamazepine-induced hypersensitivity reactions associated with the HSP70 gene clusterAna Alfirevic
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, The University of Liverpool, Sherrington Building, Ashton Street, Liverpool, UK
Pharmacogenet Genomics 16:287-96. 2006..The heat shock protein (HSP70) gene cluster is located in the MHC class III region.
- Increased expression of the major heat shock protein Hsp72 in human prostate carcinoma cells is dispensable for their viability but confers resistance to a variety of anticancer agentsVladimir L Gabai
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Oncogene 24:3328-38. 2005The major heat shock protein Hsp72 is expressed at high levels in various types of cancer...
- Heat-shock protein 70 genes and human longevity: a view from DenmarkRipudaman Singh
Department of Human Genetics, Bartholin Building, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1067:301-8. 2006We have studied the association of three single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) present in the three HSP70 (heat-shock protein) genes on 6p21 with human longevity...
- Genetic interaction of Hsp70 family genes polymorphisms with high-altitude pulmonary edema among Chinese railway constructors at altitudes exceeding 4000 metersYue Qi
National Laboratory of Medical Molecular Biology, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, No 5 Dong Dan San Tiao, 100005 Beijing, China
Clin Chim Acta 405:17-22. 2009..We focused on 5 common polymorphisms within HSPA1A (rs1043618 and rs1008438), HSPA1B (rs1061581 and rs539689) and HSPA1L (rs2227956) of Hsp70 family to explore their potential interaction upon susceptibility to HAPE in Chinese.
- HLA complex-linked heat shock protein genes and childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia susceptibilityEsma Ucisik-Akkaya
Genomic Immunoepidemiology Laboratory, HUMIGEN LLC, The Institute for Genetic Immunology, 2439 Kuser Road, Hamilton, NJ 08690 3303, USA
Cell Stress Chaperones 15:475-85. 2010Three heat shock protein 70 (HSP70) genes, HSPA1L, HSPA1A, and HSPA1B, are located within the human leukocyte antigen (HLA) class III region. HSPs act as stress signals and regulate natural killer cell response to cancer...
- Anti-inflammatory heat shock protein 70 genes are positively associated with human survivalR Singh
FCMB, Vejle, Denmark
Curr Pharm Des 16:796-801. 2010..The involvement of heat shock protein 70 (Hsp70) in cellular maintenance and repair mechanisms, including its role as an anti-inflammatory protein, makes it a ..
- Interactive association of heat shock protein 70 genes variants with natural longevity in Xinjiang Hetian Uygur ethnicityJinxin Li
Cardiology Department, the First Affiliated Hospital of Xinjiang Medical University, Urumqi, Xinjiang, China
Transl Res 154:257-64. 2009..association of 3 variants (A1267G in HSPA1B, G190C in HSPA1A, and T2437C in HSPA1L) in the heat shock protein 70 (Hsp70) family with natural longevity in a Xinjiang Hetian Uygur population...
- Localization of a human heat-shock HSP 70 gene sequence to chromosome 6 and detection of two other loci by somatic-cell hybrid and restriction fragment length polymorphism analysisA M Goate
Hum Genet 75:123-8. 1987....
- Human major histocompatibility complex contains genes for the major heat shock protein HSP70C A Sargent
Medical Research Council Immunochemistry Unit, Oxford, England
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 86:1968-72. 1989..for the presence of additional loci, we have located a duplicated locus encoding the major heat shock protein HSP70 between the complement and tumor necrosis factor genes...
- Evidence of an interaction between Mos and Hsp70: a role of the Mos residue serine 3 in mediating Hsp70 associationH Liu
Department of Molecular Pathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Oncogene 18:3461-70. 1999..We provide evidence that mouse c-Mos binds to Hsp70, a molecular chaperone. Hsp70 was found to associate with Mos ectopically expressed in COS-1 cells...
- Functional SNPs in HSPA1A gene predict risk of coronary heart diseaseMeian He
Institute of Occupational Medicine and the Ministry of Education Key Lab of Environment and Health, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, China
PLoS ONE 4:e4851. 2009b>HSP70 plays crucial roles in endothelial cell apoptosis, which is involved in the early phase and progress of coronary heart disease (CHD)...
- Structure and expression of the three MHC-linked HSP70 genesC M Milner
Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, England
Immunogenetics 32:242-51. 1990A duplicated locus encoding the major heat shock-induced protein HSP70 is located in the major histocompatibility complex (MHC) class III region 92 kilobases (kb) telomeric to the C2 gene...
- 14-3-3 cooperates with LKB1 to regulate the activity and localization of QSK and SIKAbdallah K Al-Hakim
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee, DD1 5EH, UK
J Cell Sci 118:5661-73. 2005..To our knowledge, this study provides the first example of 14-3-3 binding directly to the T-loop of a protein kinase and influencing its catalytic activity and cellular localization...
- CAIR-1/BAG-3 forms an EGF-regulated ternary complex with phospholipase C-gamma and Hsp70/Hsc70H Doong
Molecular Signaling Section, Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, MD 20892, USA
Oncogene 19:4385-95. 2000CAIR-1/BAG-3 forms an EGF-regulated ternary complex with Hsp70/Hsc70 and latent phospholipase C-gamma (PLC-gamma)...
- Targeting expression of hsp70i to discrete neuronal populations using the Lmo-1 promoter: assessment of the neuroprotective effects of hsp70i in vivo and in vitroS Kelly
URCN and MRC Center for Synaptic Plasticity, Division of Medicine, University of Bristol, UK
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 21:972-81. 2001..1 of the Lmo-1 gene to study the neuroprotective effects of the inducible form of heat shock protein 70kD (hsp70i) in primary hippocampal cultures in a mouse model of global cerebral ischemia...
- The use of liver spheroids as an in vitro model for studying induction of the stress response as a marker of chemical toxicityC Dilworth
Toxicology Department, School of Pharmacy, 29-39 Brunswick Square, London, UK
Toxicol In Vitro 14:169-76. 2000..In monolayer cultures of primary hepatocytes, however, the two stress proteins, Hsp25 and Hsp72/3 are up-regulated, probably due to the effect of the isolation procedure and adaptation of the cells to the ..
- [Molecular factors of cerebral hypoxia-ischemia]A Macaya
, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona
Rev Neurol 24:855-64. 1996..We report the expression of the immediate early gene c-fos and c-jun mRNAs and of HSP72 mRNA and protein in several models of cerebral HI...
- Expression of an HSP110 family, ischemia-responsive protein (irp94), in the rat brain after transient forebrain ischemiaH S Koh
Department of Neurosurgery, College of Medicine, Chungnam National University Taejon, Korea
Z Naturforsch C 55:449-54. 2000..pattern was like that of the endoplasmic reticulum chaperone, Erp72, but not that of the cytosol chaperone, hsp72. In addition, when intracellular ATP was depleted with antimycin A the mRNA level of irp94 increased in a ..
- Interspecific- and acclimation-induced variation in levels of heat-shock proteins 70 (hsp70) and 90 (hsp90) and heat-shock transcription factor-1 (HSF1) in congeneric marine snails (genus Tegula): implications for regulation of hsp gene expressionLars Tomanek
Hopkins Marine Station, Stanford University, Pacific Grove, CA 93950 3094, USA
J Exp Biol 205:677-85. 2002..used solid-phase immunochemistry (western analysis) to quantify endogenous levels of two hsp70 isoforms (hsp74 and hsp72), hsp90 and HSF1 in the low- to mid-intertidal species Tegula funebralis and in two subtidal to low-intertidal ..
- A comparative study of localization of heat shock protein 27 and heat shock protein 72 in the developmental and degenerative intervertebral discsTsuneaki Takao
Department of Neuropathology, Neurological Institute, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 27:361-8. 2002The lumbar intervertebral discs of 135 subjects after autopsy were immunostained with antihuman heat shock protein 27 (HSP27) monoclonal antibody and antihuman heat shock protein 72 (HSP72) polyclonal antibody.
- Heat shock protein 70 gene expression in equine blastocysts after exposure of oocytes to high temperatures in vitro or in vivo after exercise of donor maresC J Mortensen
Department of Animal Science, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 2471, USA
Theriogenology 74:374-83. 2010..Embryos produced in vitro (including controls) had increased levels of HSPA1A mRNA relative to 18S rRNA compared to in vivo-produced embryos, suggesting a response to environmental insult...
- Circulating heat shock protein 70 (HSPA1A) in normal and pathological pregnanciesAttila Molvarec
First Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Semmelweis University, Baross utca 27, Budapest, 1088, Hungary
Cell Stress Chaperones 15:237-47. 2010..However, Hsp70 (HSPA1A) is present in the peripheral circulation of healthy nonpregnant and pregnant individuals...
- A natural extracellular factor that induces Hsp72, inhibits apoptosis, and restores stress resistance in aged human cellsV Volloch
Tufts University Biotechnology Center, 4 Colby Street, Medford, Massachusetts 02155, USA
Exp Cell Res 253:483-92. 1999..On the other hand, the major inducible heat shock protein Hsp72 protects cells from a large variety of stresses and thus represents a generalized repair/stress resistance ..
- Higher induction of heat shock protein 72 by heat stress in cisplatin-resistant than in cisplatin-sensitive cancer cellsT Abe
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Japan, Iseigaoka 1 1, Yahatanishi ku, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka 807 8555, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1445:123-33. 1999..A mild treatment with a heat stress (42 degrees C for 30 min) induced synthesis of both the heat shock protein 72 (Hsp72) mRNA and the HSP72 protein in A2780CP cells, but not in A2780 cells...
- Altered heat stress response following streptozotocin-induced diabetesEva Najemnikova
Faculty of Physical Education and Health, University of Toronto, 55 Harbord Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5S 2W6
Cell Stress Chaperones 12:342-52. 2007..v.). The content of Hsp72, Hsp25, and Hsf1 in skeletal muscles, heart, kidney, and liver was assessed by Western blotting, while ..
- Glucose ingestion attenuates the exercise-induced increase in circulating heat shock protein 72 and heat shock protein 60 in humansMark A Febbraio
The Copenhagen Muscle Research Center, Copenhagen, Denmark
Cell Stress Chaperones 9:390-6. 2004..Glucose deprivation increases Hsp72 in cultured cells, whereas reduced glycogen availability elevates Hsp72 in contracting human skeletal muscle...
- Evolutionary significance of intra-genome duplications on human chromosomesT Endo
Center for Information Biology, National Institute of Genetics, Mishima, Shizuoka, Japan
Gene 205:19-27. 1997..We also propose that a comparative mapping of paralogous genes within the human genome would be useful for identifying new genes...
- Heat shock protein changes in hibernation: a similarity with heart failure?R Ferrari
Chair of Cardiology, University of Brescia, Italy
J Mol Cell Cardiol 28:2383-95. 1996..We tested the hypothesis that these two conditions evoke the myocardial expression of heat shock protein 72 (hsp72) as an adaptive response at the molecular level...
- Heat shock proteins, end effectors of myocardium ischemic preconditioning?María Concepcion Guisasola
Unit of Experimental Medicine and Surgery, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, 28007 Madrid, Spain
Cell Stress Chaperones 11:250-8. 2006..of this study was to investigate (1) whether ischemia-reperfusion increased the content of heat shock protein 72 (Hsp72) transcripts and (2) whether myocardial content of Hsp72 is increased by ischemic preconditioning so that they can ..
- Functional region of mouse heat shock protein 72 for its binding to lymphoid neoplastic P388D1 cellsMichiko Ohno
Division of Food Science and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Goka sho, Uji, Kyoto 611 011, Japan
Mol Immunol 44:2344-54. 2007..experiments imply that there may be at least two membrane receptors on P388D1 cells and also that both receptors may recognize the various structures in the C-terminal region of the Hsp70 family for regulation of innate immunity.
- Expression of heat shock proteins after ultrasound exposure in HL-60 cellsWerner Sontag
Institut für Biologische Grenzflächen, Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe, Karlsruhe, Germany
Ultrasound Med Biol 35:1032-41. 2009..In the present study, we expanded our investigations to the induction of HSPs, particularly Hsp72, by ultrasound (US)...
- Differential induction of Hsp70-encoding genes in human hematopoietic cellsS Leppa
Department of Oncology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, P O Box 180, Helsinki FIN 00029 HUCH, Finland
J Biol Chem 276:31713-9. 2001..Here we have analyzed the development of thermotolerance and induction of distinct Hsp70 encoding genes in three cell lines representing different hematopoietic cell types...
- Diminished heat shock response in the aged myocardiumM Locke
School of Physical and Health Education, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cell Stress Chaperones 1:251-60. 1996Induction of heat shock proteins (Hsps), Hsp72 in particular, has been associated with myocardial protection...
- Effects of HSP70.1/3 gene knockout on acute respiratory distress syndrome and the inflammatory response following sepsisKristen D Singleton
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Campus Box B113, 4200 E 9th Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 290:L956-61. 2006..Studies utilizing sublethal heat stress or chemical enhancers to induce in vivo HSP70 expression have demonstrated survival benefit after experimental sepsis...
- Protective effect of transgenic expression of porcine heat shock protein 70 on hypothalamic ischemic and oxidative damage in a mouse model of heatstrokeZhih Cherng Chen
Section of General Medicine, Chi Mei Medical Center, Tainan, Taiwan, Republic of China
BMC Neurosci 10:111. 2009..Transgenic mice that were heterozygous for a porcine HSP70beta gene ([+] HSP72) and transgene-negative littermate controls ([-] HSP72), under pentobarbital sodium anesthesia, were subjected to ..
- Expression of HSP72 in the gastric mucosa is regulated by gastric acid in rats-correlation of HSP72 expression with mucosal protectionIsao Wada
Department of Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, Akita University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Hondo, Akita 010 8543, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 349:611-8. 2006..In the present study, we investigated the effect of acid suppressing agents on a 72-kDa heat shock protein (HSP72) expression, which is known as endogenous cytoprotective factor, in the gastric mucosa...
- Intraspecific variation in thermal tolerance and heat shock protein gene expression in common killifish, Fundulus heteroclitusNann A Fangue
Department of Zoology, University of British Columbia, 6270 University Blvd, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4, Canada
J Exp Biol 209:2859-72. 2006..the sequence or regulation of the heat shock protein genes (hsps) we obtained complete cDNA sequences for hsc70, hsp70-1 and hsp70-2, and partial sequences of hsp90alpha and hsp90beta...
- Hyperthermia-induced HSP expression correlates with improved rat renal isograft viability and survival in kidneys harvested from non-heart-beating donorsC A Redaelli
Department of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Inselspital, University of Bern, 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Transpl Int 14:351-60. 2001..HO-1/HSP32 and HSP72 were found to be expressed constitutively...
- Heat shock protein 72 enhances manganese superoxide dismutase activity during myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury, associated with mitochondrial protection and apoptosis reductionKen Suzuki
Harefield Heart Science Centre, Imperial College Faculty of Medicine, Middlesex, UK
Circulation 106:I270-6. 2002Heat shock protein 72 (HSP72) is known to provide myocardial protection against ischemia-reperfusion injury by its chaperoning function...
- A pilot study to detect high mobility group box 1 and heat shock protein 72 in cerebrospinal fluid of pediatric patients with meningitisDaolin Tang
Department of Pathophysiology, Xiangya School of Medicine, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, PR China
Crit Care Med 36:291-5. 2008To determine whether cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) levels of high mobility group box 1 (HMGB1) or heat shock protein 72 (Hsp72) are elevated in patients with meningitis.
- Mercury induces regional and cell-specific stress protein expression in rat kidneyP L Goering
Health Sciences Branch, Division of Life Sciences, Office of Science and Technology, Center for Devices and Radiological Health, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, Maryland 20857, USA
Toxicol Sci 53:447-57. 2000..In whole kidney, Hg(II) induced a time- and dose-related accumulation of hsp72 and grp94...
- Characterization of spinal HSP72 induction and development of ischemic tolerance after spinal ischemia in ratsDasa Cizkova
Institute of Neurobiology, SAS, 040 01 Kosice, Slovak Republic
Exp Neurol 185:97-108. 2004Induction of heat shock protein (HSP72) has been implicated in the development of ischemic tolerance in several tissue organs including brain and spinal cord...
- Adaptogens exert a stress-protective effect by modulation of expression of molecular chaperonesAlexander Panossian
SHI Research and Development, Spårvägen 2, SE 432 96 Askloster, Sweden
Phytomedicine 16:617-22. 2009..0+/-0.5 to 21.1+/-1.7 min, approximately seven fold. Serum Hsp72 was measured by EIA both in normal and stressful conditions before and after swimming test...
- Hepatic preconditioning of doxorubicin in stop-flow chemotherapy: NF-kappaB/IkappaB-alpha pathway and expression of HSP72Hui Lu
Shanghai Institute of Digestive Surgery, Rujin Hospital, Shanghai Second Medical University, Ruijin Road II, Shanghai 200025, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:2136-41. 2005To provide hepatic protection through administration of doxorubicin before stop-flow chemotherapy (SFC) and to investigate the expression of heat shock protein 72 (HSP72) and role of nuclear factor kappa B (NF-kappaB) in this effect.
- Muscle type-specific response of HSP60, HSP72, and HSC73 during recovery after elevation of muscle temperatureYasuharu Oishi
Laboratory of Muscle Physiology, Faculty of Education, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto 860 8555, Japan
J Appl Physiol (1985) 92:1097-103. 2002..Core rectal and contralateral muscle temperatures were increased <1.5 degrees C during the heat stress. HSP60, HSP72, and heat shock cognate (HSC) 73 content in the slow soleus and fast plantaris in both limbs were determined ..
- Expression of heat shock proteins in turtle and mammal hearts: relationship to anoxia toleranceJ Chang
Department of Veterinary Physiology and Pharmacology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A and M University, College Station, 77843, Texas, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 278:R209-14. 2000..We measured myocardial HSP60 and HSP72/73 in painted and softshell turtles during normoxia and anoxia (12 h) and after recovery (12 or 24 h)...
- Temporospatial expression of HSP72 and c-JUN, and DNA fragmentation in goat hippocampus after global cerebral ischemiaG Torregrosa
Centro de Investigacion, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Hippocampus 11:146-56. 2001The role of gene induction (expression of HSP72 and c-JUN proteins) and delayed ischemic cell death (in situ labeling of DNA fragmentation) have been investigated in the goat hippocampus after transient global cerebral ischemia...
- Evidence for heat shock protein immunity in a rat cardiac allograft model of chronic rejectionR J Duquesnoy
Division of Transplant Pathology, Thomas E Starzl Transplantation Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Transplantation 67:156-64. 1999..Pretreatment with a liver allograft (the orthotopic liver transplant [OLTx] group) is associated with an absence of chronic rejection in the transplanted heart...
- The highly inducible member of the 70 kDa family of heat shock proteins increases canine distemper virus polymerase activityM J Oglesbee
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
J Gen Virol 77:2125-35. 1996..between the viral nucleocapsid (NC) and the major inducible member of the approximately 70 kDa family of HSP (hsp72). The objective of the present study was to document the functional significance of CDV NC-HSP interaction...
- Expression of heat shock protein 70 (HSP70) in patients with colorectal adenocarcinoma--immunohistochemistry and Western blot analysisZ T Milićević
Institute of Nuclear Sciences Vinca, Laboratory for Molecular Biology and Endocrinology, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Neoplasma 54:37-45. 2007..According to results of immunohistochemistry, expression of cytoplasmic HSP72 was significantly higher in colorectal carcinoma compared with normal and adjacent mucosa (p<0.01)...
- Association between heat-shock protein 70 gene polymorphisms and DNA damage in peripheral blood lymphocytes among coke-oven workersX Yang
Institute of Occupational Medicine and Ministry of Education Key Lab for Environment and Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, PR China
Mutat Res 649:221-9. 2008b>Hsp70 has been shown to act as a chaperone and be associated with cytoprotection against DNA damage caused by environmental stresses...
- Inducible 70 kDa heat shock proteins protect embryos from teratogen-induced exencephaly: Analysis using Hspa1a/a1b knockout miceMarianne Barrier
Birth Defects Research Laboratory, Division of Genetics and Development, Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 85:732-40. 2009..Previously, our laboratory has shown that embryos overexpressing the 70-Da heat shock proteins (HSPs) Hspa1a and Hspa1b were partially protected from the deleterious effects of exposure to hyperthermia in vitro...
- Adrenomedullin improves cardiac expression of heat-shock protein 72 and tolerance against ischemia/reperfusion injury in insulin-resistant ratsYasuko Torigoe
Department of Internal Medicine 1, Faculty of Medicine, Oita University, 1 1 Idaigaoka, Yufu, Oita, Japan
Endocrinology 150:1450-5. 2009..cardiac Akt phosphorylation in response to hyperthermia (HT) and subsequent cardiac heat-shock protein 72 (HSP72) expression, in heredity insulin resistance rats via improvement of insulin sensitivity...
- Synthesis of Hsp72 induced by exercise in high temperatureH W Chen
Department of Physiology, Graduate Institute of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical College, Taiwan, Republic of China
Chin J Physiol 38:241-6. 1995..and the synthesis of heat shock protein 72 were analyzed by SDS-PAGE and immunochemical stain with monoclonal anti-Hsp72 antibody...
- Combined immunization with fusion genes of mutated E7 gene of human papillomavirus type 16 did not enhance antitumor effectDana Pokorna
Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, Department of Experimental Virology, U Nemocnice 1, 128 20 Prague 2, Czech Republic
J Gene Med 7:696-707. 2005..Its immunogenicity has been substantially enhanced by fusion with several proteins of various origins and functions. Different mechanisms have been responsible for increased vaccination efficacy of fusion proteins...
- Exercise, antioxidants, and HSP72: protection against myocardial ischemia/reperfusionKaryn L Hamilton
Department of Exercise and Sport Science, Center for Exercise Science, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 34:800-9. 2003..against myocardial ischemia/reperfusion (I/R) injury and has been shown to increase heat shock protein 72 (HSP72). Dietary antioxidants have also been reported to decrease I/R-induced injury...
- Comparative effects of water immersion pretreatment on three different acute pancreatitis models in ratsTamas Takacs
First Department of Medicine, University of Szeged, Hungary
Biochem Cell Biol 80:241-51. 2002..We examined the levels of pancreatic HSP60, HSP72, and antioxidants after the water immersion stress...
- Lymphoid neoplastic P388D1 cells express membrane protein candidates that discriminate among the C-terminal phylogenetic diversity in heat shock protein 70 sequencesFumito Tani
Laboratory of Global Food Science, Division of Global Environmental Resources, Graduate School of Global Environmental Studies, Kyoto University, Kitashirakawa Oiwake cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Mol Immunol 48:191-202. 2010..In the present study, we analyzed the characteristics of the binding to P388D1 cells of recombinant HSP70 derived from different species...
- Gene conversion and GC-content evolution in mammalian Hsp70Grzegorz Kudla
International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Warsaw, Poland
Mol Biol Evol 21:1438-44. 2004..regulating the nucleotide usage in mammalian genes, we analyzed the sequences of three physically linked Hsp70 paralogs in human and mouse...
- Combination of two regulatory elements in the Tetrahymena thermophila HSP70-1 gene controls heat shock activationSabrina Barchetta
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Animal Biology, University of Camerino, Via Gentile III da Varano, 62032 Camerino MC, Italy
Eukaryot Cell 7:379-86. 2008..In this study, we investigated the 5' untranslated regions of the Tetrahymena thermophila HSP70-1 gene, and we found, in addition to the canonical and divergent HSEs, multiple sets of GATA elements that have ..
- Exercise pretraining protects against cerebral ischaemia induced by heat stroke in ratsYu Wen Chen
Department of Physical Therapy, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Br J Sports Med 41:597-602. 2007In the rat brain, heat-stroke-induced damage to cerebral neurons is attenuated through heat-shock-induced overexpression of heat-shock protein 72 (HSP72).
- Inducible heat shock protein 70 enhances HPV31 viral genome replication and virion production during the differentiation-dependent life cycle in human keratinocytesHebin Song
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, The University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Virus Res 147:113-22. 2010Increasing data indicate heat shock proteins (HSPs) including inducible HSP70 (HSP70i) are involved in the replicative cycles of various viruses including adenoviruses (Ads), polyomaviruses (PyVs), and some RNA viruses...
- Association of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor and Hsp72Q Huang
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611
J Biol Chem 269:8493-7. 1994In an effort to understand the relationship between a 72-kDa heat shock protein (Hsp72) and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors (PPARs), we have characterized their interaction using clofibric acid-Sepharose chromatography and co-..
- Spermatocyte-specific expression of constitutively active heat shock factor 1 induces HSP70i-resistant apoptosis in male germ cellsN Vydra
Department of Tumor Biology, Maria Skłodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Center and Institute of Oncology, Gliwice Branch, 44 101 Gliwice, Poland
Cell Death Differ 13:212-22. 2006..cells to heat-induced apoptosis, do not respond to hyperthermia by inducing heat shock proteins (HSPs), including HSP70i, which has been previously shown to confer resistance to apoptosis in somatic cells...
- HSF1/hsp72 pathway as an endogenous anti-inflammatory systemA Ianaro
Department of Experimental Pharmacology, University of Naples Federico II, Via Domenico Montesano 49, 80131, Naples, Italy
FEBS Lett 499:239-44. 2001We investigated the occurrence and the role of HSF1 activation and inducible hsp72 expression in the carrageenin pleurisy in the rat...
- Intracellular HSP72 detection in HL60 cells using a flow cytometry system based on microfluidic analysisE Gottwald
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe Institut für Medizintechnik und Biophysik Postfach 3640, 76021 Karlsruhe, Germany
Biotechniques 35:358-62, 364, 366-7. 2003b>HSP72 is an important marker for various environmental stresses and diseases, and many researchers need to detect HSP72 levels in various cells...
- Previous heat shock facilitates the glutamine-induced expression of heat-shock protein 72 in septic liverShu Jung Wang
Department of Physiology, Graduate Institute of Medicine, College of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan
Nutrition 23:582-8. 2007This study investigated the effects of glutamine administration on the expression of the heat-shock protein 72 (Hsp72) in the liver during sepsis...
- Noradrenaline increases the expression and release of Hsp72 by human neutrophilsE Giraldo
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Extremadura, 06071 Badajoz, Spain
Brain Behav Immun 24:672-7. 2010..present study was to evaluate the role of noradrenaline (NA) as a stress signal on the expression and release of Hsp72 by circulating neutrophils (as a source), all within a context of the immunophysiological regulation during ..
- Reduced glycogen availability is associated with an elevation in HSP72 in contracting human skeletal muscleMark A Febbraio
Exercise Physiology and Metabolism Laboratory, Department of Physiology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
J Physiol 538:911-7. 2002..These samples were analysed for muscle glycogen, and HSP72 gene and protein expression...
- The effect of stress-inducible extracellular Hsp72 on human neutrophil chemotaxis: a role during acute intense exerciseEduardo Ortega
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Extremadura, Badajoz, Spain
Stress 12:240-9. 2009We studied the physiological role of the 72 kDa extracellular heat shock protein (Hsp72, a stress-inducible protein) in modulating neutrophil chemotaxis during a single bout of intense exercise performed by sedentary women, together with ..
- Insights into regulation and function of the major stress-induced hsp70 molecular chaperone in vivo: analysis of mice with targeted gene disruption of the hsp70.1 or hsp70.3 geneL Huang
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Medical College of Georgia, 1120 15th St, Augusta, GA 30912 3175, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:8575-91. 2001The murine hsp70 gene family includes the evolutionarily conserved hsp70.1 and hsp70.3 genes, which are the major proteins induced by heat and other stress stimuli. hsp70.1 and hsp70...
- Vitamin E isoform-specific inhibition of the exercise-induced heat shock protein 72 expression in humansChristian P Fischer
Centre of Inflammation and Metabolism, The Department of Infectious Diseases and The Copenhagen Muscle Research Centre, Rigshospitalet and The Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Appl Physiol (1985) 100:1679-87. 2006..with antioxidant vitamins C (ascorbic acid) and E (tocopherol) would attenuate the exercise-induced increase of HSP72 in the skeletal muscle and in the circulation...
- Heat shock transcription factor activation and hsp72 accumulation in aged skeletal muscleM Locke
Faculty of Physical Education and Health, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cell Stress Chaperones 5:45-51. 2000Induction of the protective heat shock proteins (Hsps), and of Hsp72 in particular, has been reported to be decreased in certain tissues from aged animals...
- The anti-inflammatory effect of methylprednisolone occurs down-stream of nuclear factor-kappaB DNA binding in acute pancreatitisZoltan Rakonczay
First Department of Medicine, University of Szeged, P O Box 469, Hungary
Eur J Pharmacol 464:217-27. 2003..The dose-response (5-40 mg/kg) and time-course (6-72 h) curves of methylprednisolone on pancreatic HSP60 and HSP72 synthesis were evaluated following methylprednisolone treatment...
- Cellular thermotolerance is associated with heat shock protein 70.1 genetic polymorphisms in Holstein lactating cowsLoredana Basiricò
Dipartimento di Produzioni Animali, Universita degli Studi della Tuscia, Viterbo, Italy
Cell Stress Chaperones 16:441-8. 2011..and 3'-untranslated region (UTR)] of Hsp gene might affect inducibility, degree of expression, or stability of Hsp70 mRNA. The present study aimed to investigate the association between inducible Hsp70...
- Chaperokine function of recombinant Hsp72 produced in insect cells using a baculovirus expression system is retainedHongying Zheng
Division of Investigative Pathology, Scott and White Memorial Hospital and Clinic and the Texas A and M Health Science Center College of Medicine, Temple, Texas 76508, USA
J Biol Chem 285:349-56. 2010Extracellular heat shock protein 72 (Hsp72; inducible form of the 70-kDa heat shock protein) plays a critical role in innate and adaptive immune responses and has shown promise as an ideal adjuvant for the optimization of antigen-..
- Time course and cellular distribution of hsp27 and hsp72 stress protein expression in a quantitative gerbil model of ischemic injury and tolerance: thresholds for hsp72 induction and hilar lesioning in the context of ischemic preconditioningKazuhiko Nishino
Department of Neurology, University of Tennessee, Memphis, 38163, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 24:167-78. 2004The distribution and time course of expression of the heat shock/stress proteins, hsp27 and hsp72, were evaluated in a highly controlled gerbil model of ischemic injury and tolerance induction, in which the duration of ischemic ..
- CYTOPROTECTIVE ROLE OF HEAT SHOCK PROTEINS IN IBDEugene Chang; Fiscal Year: 2007..the regulation and mechanisms of action of two intestinal epithelial heat shock proteins (hsp), hsp25/27 and hsp72, both exhibiting epithelial- and colon-specific expression in the gut...
- AGING, ESTROGEN, HSPS AND MYOCARDIAL ISCHEMIAANNE KNOWLTON; Fiscal Year: 2005..In the heart, HSP72, the inducible HSP70, is increased by ischemia and is cardioprotective...
- Molecular mechanisms of oxidative stress resistance in an animal model of aging wSarah Milton; Fiscal Year: 2009..Heat shock protein 72 (Hsp72) is also strongly upregulated by anoxia, and its role as a molecular chaperone to reduce accumulation of AGE ..
- METHYLATION-ASSOCIATED SILENCING OF MOUSE HSP70 GENESBenette Phillips; Fiscal Year: 1999..to study the significance of methylation in a system involving variably methylated and variably expressing hsp70 genes and selected cell lines. In her preliminary data, Dr...
- STRESS PROTEIN MODULATION OF MEASLES VIRAL ENCEPHALITISDaphne Vasconcelos; Fiscal Year: 1999..The hypothesis tested in this proposal is that the major inducible 70 kDa heat shock protein (i.e., hsp72) increases cytopathic effect caused by measles virus (MV) infection of nervous tissues...
- Modulation of the Morbilliviral Response to Hsp72Matthew Buccellato; Fiscal Year: 2007..interactions between morbilliviral nucleocapsid protein (N) and the major inducible 70kDa heat shock protein (hsp72), establishing a link between modification of this interaction and alterations in viral infection phenotype within ..
- A Novel Cytoprotective Peptide for GI Epithelial CellFREDERICK TOBACK; Fiscal Year: 2005..proteins (occludin, ZO-1, claudin-5), an adherens junction protein (E-cadherin), and heat shock proteins (hsp25, hsp72), and protects the actin microfilament network in cells exposed to cytochalasin D...
- HEAT SHOCK-LIKE PROTEIN AND CELLULAR DIFFERENTIATIONJohn Yu; Fiscal Year: 1990..The protein is related, but not identical to a heat shock induced protein, the hsp 70...
- Aging, physical activity and toll-like receptor 4.Michael Flynn; Fiscal Year: 2003..expression of TLR4/CD14 and single-cell cytokine production (flow cytometry), in vitro cytokine stimulation (LPS, HSP72 and HSP60) and MAP kinase activation will be determined...