Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HSD3B1
Description: hydroxy-delta-5-steroid dehydrogenase, 3 beta- and steroid delta-isomerase 1
Alias: 3BETAHSD, HSD3B, HSDB3, HSDB3A, SDR11E1, 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/Delta 5-->4-isomerase type 1, 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/Delta 5-->4-isomerase type I, 3-beta-HSD I, 3-beta-hydroxy-5-ene steroid dehydrogenase, 3-beta-hydroxy-Delta(5)-steroid dehydrogenase, delta-5-3-ketosteroid isomerase, progesterone reductase, short chain dehydrogenase/reductase family 11E, member 1, steroid Delta-isomerase, trophoblast antigen FDO161G
Publications210 found, 100 shown here
- Structure/function relationships responsible for coenzyme specificity and the isomerase activity of human type 1 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/isomeraseJames L Thomas
Division of Basic Medical Sciences and Department of Obstetrics Gynecology, Mercer University School of Medicine, Macon, Georgia 31207, USA
J Biol Chem 278:35483-90. 2003....
- Characterization, expression, and immunohistochemical localization of 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/delta 5-delta 4 isomerase in human skinM Dumont
Medical Research Council Group in Molecular Endocrinology, CHUL Research Center, Quebec, Canada
J Invest Dermatol 99:415-21. 1992..38 microM, 1.3 microM, and 1.2 microM, respectively. Immunohistochemical localization of 3 beta-HSD, illustrated by using an antibody raised against human placental 3 beta-HSD, shows that the enzyme is localized in sebaceous glands...
- Structural analysis of the gene encoding human 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/delta 5----4-isomeraseM C Lorence
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235 9051
Mol Endocrinol 4:1850-5. 1990..These findings will provide a foundation for the characterization of apparent 3 beta HSD clinical deficiencies when these are due to a mutation in the structural gene...
- Full length cDNA structure and deduced amino acid sequence of human 3 beta-hydroxy-5-ene steroid dehydrogenaseV Luu The
Department of Molecular Endocrinology, Laval University Medical Centre, Quebec, Canada
Mol Endocrinol 3:1310-2. 1989....
- Polymorphism in exon 4 of the human 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type I gene (HSD3B1) and blood pressureRoland Rosmond
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, S 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 293:629-32. 2002..the present study was to examine the potential impact of a T-->C substitution at codon Leu(338) of the type I (HSD3B1) 3 beta-HSD gene on obesity, circulating hormones, and estimates of insulin, glucose, and lipid metabolism as well ..
- Human placental 3 beta-hydroxy-5-ene-steroid dehydrogenase and steroid 5----4-ene-isomerase: purification from mitochondria and kinetic profiles, biophysical characterization of the purified mitochondrial and microsomal enzymesJ L Thomas
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110
J Steroid Biochem 33:209-17. 1989..These results suggest that the mitochondrial and microsomal enzymes are the same protein localized in different organelles...
- Human 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/delta 5----4isomerase from placenta: expression in nonsteroidogenic cells of a protein that catalyzes the dehydrogenation/isomerization of C21 and C19 steroidsM C Lorence
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235 9051
Endocrinology 126:2493-8. 1990..Thus, the dehydrogenation/isomerization steps of steroid biosynthesis can be catalyzed by a single polypeptide chain, which can metabolize all of the major physiological substrates...
- The hormonal phenotype of Nonclassic 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (HSD3B) deficiency in hyperandrogenic females is associated with insulin-resistant polycystic ovary syndrome and is not a variant of inherited HSD3B2 deficiencyGoldy Carbunaru
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:783-94. 2004To test our hypothesis that the hormonal phenotype of mild 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (HSD3B) deficiency in hyperandrogenic females (HF) is related to insulin-resistant polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), we compared insulin ..
- Dual subcellular localization of the 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase isomerase: characterization of the mitochondrial enzyme in the bovine adrenal cortexN Cherradi
Unité INSERM 244, DBMS BRCE, Centre d Etudes Nucléaires, Grenoble, France
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 46:773-9. 1993....
- Evidence for an inhibitory role of bone morphogenetic protein(s) in the follicular-luteal transition in cattleAmjad R Kayani
School of Biological Sciences, University of Reading, Whiteknights, Reading, UK
Reproduction 137:67-78. 2009..affecting expression of CYP11A1 or hydroxy-Delta-5-steroid dehydrogenase, 3 beta- and steroid Delta-isomerase 1 (HSD3B1)...
- Carriers for type II 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (HSD3B2) deficiency can only be identified by HSD3B2 genotype study and not by hormone testSongya Pang
Department of Pediatrics, University of Illinois, College of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 58:323-31. 2003....
- New insight into the molecular basis of 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase deficiency: identification of eight mutations in the HSD3B2 gene eleven patients from seven new families and comparison of the functional properties of twenty-five mutant enzymesA M Moisan
Centre Hospitalier Université Laval Research Center and Laval University, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 84:4410-25. 1999Classical 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/delta5-delta4 isomerase (3betaHSD) deficiency is a form of congenital adrenal hyperplasia that impairs steroidogenesis in both the adrenals and gonads resulting from mutations in the HSD3B2 ..
- Activin A reduces luteinisation of human luteinised granulosa cells and has opposing effects to human chorionic gonadotropin in vitroMichelle Myers
Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Department of Reproductive and Developmental Sciences, University of Edinburgh, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH164TJ, UK
J Endocrinol 199:201-12. 2008..In addition, activin A blocked hCG upregulation of STAR, HSD3B1 and HSD11B1 and downregulation of oestrogen receptor alpha...
- Recovery of suppressed male reproduction in mice exposed to progesterone during embryonic development by testosteroneC Harini
Department of Biotechnology, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, India
Reproduction 137:439-48. 2009..steroidogenic marker enzymes (hydroxy-delta-5-steroid dehydrogenase, 3 beta- and steroid delta-isomerase cluster (HSD3B) and hydroxysteroid (17-beta) dehydrogenase 1 (HSD17B)) decreased significantly in mice exposed to progesterone ..
- Leydig cell re-generation and expression of cell signaling molecules in the germ cell-free testisP J O'Shaughnessy
Division of Cell Sciences, Institute of Comparative Medicine, University of Glasgow Veterinary School, Bearsden Road, Glasgow G61 1QH, UK
Reproduction 135:851-8. 2008..enzymes cytochrome P450 11a1 (Cyp11a1), cytochrome P450 17a1 (Cyp17a1), 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (Hsd3b1), 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 (Hsd17b3) and the LH receptor...
- The genes encoding gonadal and nongonadal forms of 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/delta 5-delta 4 isomerase are closely linked on mouse chromosome 3P A Bain
Graduate Program in Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109
Genomics 16:219-23. 1993..The mouse expresses four isoforms of 3 beta HSD. 3 beta HSD I is expressed in gonads and adrenal glands and appears to be the major steroidogenic form, 3 beta HSDs II and ..
- The expression of ovine placental lactogen, StAR and progesterone-associated steroidogenic enzymes in placentae of overnourished growing adolescent ewesRichard G Lea
School of Veterinary Medicine and Science, University of Nottingham, Sutton Bonington Campus, Sutton Bonington LE12 5RD, UK
Reproduction 133:785-96. 2007..reflected transcript abundance for StAR (cholesterol transporter) and the steroidogenic enzymes (Cyp11A1, Hsd3b and Cyp17). Circulating and placental expression of ovine placental lactogen (oPL) was also investigated...
- Di-(2 ethylhexyl) phthalate and flutamide alter gene expression in the testis of immature male ratsThuy T B Vo
Laboratory of Veterinary Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Chungbuk, 361 763, Republic of Korea
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 7:104. 2009..Significant decreases in gene expression were observed in steroidogenic genes (i.e., Star, Cyp11a1 and Hsd3b)...
- DNA methylation is not involved in preovulatory down-regulation of CYP11A1, HSD3B1, and CYP19A1 in bovine follicles but may have a role in permanent silencing of CYP19A1 in large granulosa lutein cellsJens Vanselow
Forschungsbereich Molekularbiologie, Forschungsinstitut fur die Biologie landwirtschaftlicher Nutztiere FBN, Dummerstorf, Germany
Biol Reprod 82:289-98. 2010..In the present study, the cell type-specific methylation profiles of CYP11A1, HSD3B1, and CYP19A1, genes that encode key enzymes of steroid hormone biosynthesis, were analyzed to elucidate whether ..
- Transforming growth factor-beta1 inhibits luteinization and promotes apoptosis in bovine granulosa cellsXiaofeng Zheng
Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Centre de Recherche en Reproduction Animale CRRA, Universite de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reproduction 137:969-77. 2009..of TGFB1 for 6 days decreased P(4) secretion and mRNA levels of the P(4) synthesis-associated genes STAR, CYP11A1, HSD3B1, and GSTA (P<0.05)...
- Retinoblastoma 1 protein modulates XY germ cell entry into G1/G0 arrest during fetal development in miceCassy M Spiller
Division of Molecular Genetics and Development, and Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence in Biotechnology and Development, Institute for Molecular Bioscience, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Biol Reprod 82:433-43. 2010..5 dpc. In Rb1(-/-) gonads, we observed normal somatic cell development, assessed by immunofluorescence for markers HSD3B1 and anti-Müllerian hormone. However, at 14...
- Expression profiling of candidate genes during ovary-to-testis trans-differentiation in rainbow trout masculinized by androgensDaniel Baron
INRA, UR1037 SCRIBE, IFR140, Ouest genopole, Rennes, France
Gen Comp Endocrinol 156:369-78. 2008..was especially noticeable for many Leydig cell genes encoding proteins involved in steroidogenesis or its control (hsd3b1, star, cyp17a1, cyp11b2.1 and nr5a1b) that were down-regulated in the androgen-treated group...
- Increased posthatching mortality and loss of sexually dimorphic gene expression in alligators (Alligator mississippiensis) from a contaminated environmentMatthew R Milnes
Department of Zoology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611, USA
Biol Reprod 78:932-8. 2008..cytochrome P450 11A1 (Cyp11a1), and hydroxy-delta-5-steroid dehydrogenase, 3 beta- and steroid delta-isomerase 1 (Hsd3b1)...
- Fetal testis dysgenesis and compromised Leydig cell function in Tgfbr3 (beta glycan) knockout miceMai A Sarraj
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Biol Reprod 82:153-62. 2010..The expression levels of the Leydig cell markers Insl3, Cyp17a1, Cyp11a1, Star, and Hsd3b1 were reduced in knockout testis compared to wild-type testis, beginning at 12.5 dpc...
- Cloning, expression, and physical mapping of the 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase gene cluster (HSD3BP1-HSD3BP5) in humanM W McBride
Institute of Biomedical and Life Sciences, Glasgow University, Glasgow, G12 8QQ, Scotland
Genomics 61:277-84. 1999..b>HSD3B1 and 2 express 3beta-HSD enzymes; HSD3Bpsi1-5 are unprocessed pseudogenes that are closely related to HSD3B1 and 2 ..
- Cattle and sheep use different promoters to direct the expression of the aromatase cytochrome P450 encoding gene, Cyp19, during pregnancyJens Vanselow
Research Institute for the Biology of Farm Animals, Research Unit Molecular Biology, Wilhelm Stahl Allee 2, 18196 Dummerstorf, Germany
Domest Anim Endocrinol 27:99-114. 2004..Cyp19 transcript variants, derived from different promoters, as well as transcripts of Hsd3b, Cyp11A1, and Cyp17, encoding the steroidogenic enzymes P450arom, 3beta-HSD, P450SCC, and P450C17, respectively, ..
- Metformin-induced stimulation of adenosine 5' monophosphate-activated protein kinase (PRKA) impairs progesterone secretion in rat granulosa cellsLucie Tosca
Unite de Physiologie de la Reproduction et des Comportements, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, 37380 Nouzilly, France
Biol Reprod 75:342-51. 2006..It also decreased the levels of the HSD3B, CYP11A1, STAR, and CYP19A1 proteins in response to FSH (10(-8) M) and of HSD3B in the basal state only...
- Role of transforming growth factor-beta1 in gene expression and activity of estradiol and progesterone-generating enzymes in FSH-stimulated bovine granulosa cellsXiaofeng Zheng
Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Centre de Recherche en Reproduction Animale CRRA, Universite de Montreal, St Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada
Reproduction 136:447-57. 2008..FSH dose did not affect P(4) secretion and mRNA expression of 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (HSD3B) and alpha-glutathione S-transferase (GSTA), but inhibited the amount of steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (..
- Calcitriol inhibits TNF-alpha-induced inflammatory cytokines in human trophoblastsLorenza Díaz
Department of Reproductive Biology, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Vasco de Quiroga No 15, Tlalpan 14000, Mexico, D F, Mexico
J Reprod Immunol 81:17-24. 2009..The effects of TNF-alpha on CYP24A1, chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (HSD3B1) and P(450)-aromatase (CYP19) mRNA expression were also studied...
- Molecular biology of the 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/delta5-delta4 isomerase gene familyJacques Simard
Cancer Genomics Laboratory, T3 57, Laval University Medical Center CHUL Research Center, 2705 Laurier Boulevard, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Endocr Rev 26:525-82. 2005..It was shown that epidermal growth factor (EGF) requires intact STAT5; on the other hand IL-4 induces HSD3B1 gene expression, along with IL-13, through STAT 6 activation...
- Evaluation of genetic variations in the androgen and estrogen metabolic pathways as risk factors for sporadic and familial prostate cancerJulie M Cunningham
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:969-78. 2007..Those genes tested included PRL, LHB, CYP11A1, HSD3B1, HSD3B2, HSD17B2, CYP17, SRD5A2, AKR1C3, UGT2B15, AR, SHBG, and KLK3 from the androgen pathway and CYP19, HSD17B1, ..
- Chorangiocarcinoma: a case report and review of the literatureIlana Ariel
Perinatal Pathology Unit, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Mount Scopus, Jerusalem, Israel
Int J Gynecol Pathol 28:267-71. 2009..strongly positive for pancytokeratin and the beta subunit of human chorionic gonadotropin and focally positive for HSD3B1. There was no invasion of the basement membrane, and no free-floating tumor cells in the intervillous space...
- The mouse follicle microenvironment regulates antrum formation and steroid production: alterations in gene expression profilesErin R West-Farrell
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208, USA
Biol Reprod 80:432-9. 2009..The expression levels of genes (Star, Cyp11a1, Cyp17a1, Hsd3b1, Cyp19a1, Fshr, Lhcgr, Aqp7, Aqp8, Aqp9, and Hif1a) were measured and correlated to follicle developmental status...
- Chromosome localization of the 31 type I Texas bovine markers in sheep and goat chromosomes by comparative FISH-mapping and R-bandingG P Di Meo
National Research Council CNR, ISPAAM, Laboratory of Animal Cytogenetics and Gene Mapping, Naples, Italy
Anim Genet 34:294-6. 2003..In addition, we have extended physical maps of sheep and goat as 11 genes (HSD3B1, INHBA, CSN10, IGF2R, PIGR, MAP1B, DSC1, ELN, TNFRSF6, CGN1, IGF2) and 14 genes (SOD1, HSD3B1, CSN10, IGF2R, RB1, ..
- Adrenal androgen production in catarrhine primates and the evolution of adrenarcheRobin M Bernstein
Department of Anthropology, Center for the Advanced Study of Hominid Paleobiology, George Washington University, Washington, DC 20052, USA
Am J Phys Anthropol 147:389-400. 2012..mediated by a retrotransposon that resulted in two 3-β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/Delta 5-Delta 4 genes (HSD3B1 and HSD3B2) with tissue specific functions in catarrhines...
- Dioxin exposure reduces the steroidogenic capacity of mouse antral follicles mainly at the level of HSD17B1 without altering atresiaBethany N Karman
Department of Comparative Biosciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61802, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 264:1-12. 2012..TCDD exposure for 48h increased levels of A4, without changing HSD3B1 protein, HSD17B1 protein, estrone (E1), T or E2 levels...
- Effects of low concentrations of the antiprogestin mifepristone (RU486) in adults and embryos of zebrafish (Danio rerio): 2. Gene expression analysis and in vitro activityNancy Blüthgen
University of Applied Sciences Northwestern Switzerland, School of Life Sciences, Institute for Ecopreneurship, Gründenstrasse 40, 4132 Muttenz, Switzerland University of Basel, Division of Molecular and Systems Toxicology, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Klingelbergstrasse 50, 4056 Basel, Switzerland
Aquat Toxicol 144:96-104. 2013..enzymes including 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 (hsd17b3), 3 β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (hsd3b), P450 aromatase A (cyp19a) and 11β-hydroxylase (cyp11b)...
- Proliferation of luteal steroidogenic cells in cattleShin Yoshioka
Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University, Okayama, Japan
PLoS ONE 8:e84186. 2013..was expressed during the early, developing and mid luteal stages and some Ki-67-positive cells co-expressed HSD3B (a steroidogenic marker)...
- Molecular determinants of a competent bovine corpus luteum: first- vs final-wave dominant folliclesE Gregson
School of BiosciencesUniversity of Nottingham, Loughborough, UK
Reproduction 151:563-75. 2016..These impaired CLs had reduced expression of steroidogenic enzymes (e.g. STAR and HSD3B1), luteotrophic receptors (LHCGR) and angiogenic regulators (e.g...
- Effects of butylated hydroxyanisole on the steroidogenesis of rat immature Leydig cellsXiaoheng Li
a Center of Scientific Research, The Second Affiliated Hospital and Yuying Children s Hospital of Wenzhou Medical University, Wenzhou, Zhejiang, China
Toxicol Mech Methods 26:511-519. 2016..Q-PCR was used to measure the mRNA levels of following genes: Lhcgr, Scarb1, Star, Cyp11a1, Hsd3b1, Cyp17a1, Hsd17b3, Srd5a1 and Akr1c14...
- Apelin (APLN) and Apelin Receptor (APLNR) in Human Ovary: Expression, Signaling, and Regulation of Steroidogenesis in Primary Human Luteinized Granulosa CellsJennifer Roche
Unite de Physiologie de la Reproduction et des Comportements, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Nouzilly, France
Biol Reprod 95:104. 2016..presence of ML221, an APLNR antagonist, which was associated with an increased 3beta-hydrosteroid dehydrogenase (HSD3B) protein concentration...
- Progressive effects of silver nanoparticles on hormonal regulation of reproduction in male ratsK Dziendzikowska
Division of Nutrition Physiology, Department of Dietetics, Faculty of Human Nutrition and Consumer Science, Warsaw University of Life Sciences SGGW, Nowoursynowska 159C, 02 776 Warsaw, Poland Electronic address
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 313:35-46. 2016..involved in steroidogenesis and the steroids metabolism revealed significant down-regulation of Star, Cyp11a1, Hsd3b1, Hsd17b3 and Srd5a1 mRNAs in AgNPs/AgSPs-exposed animals...
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia due to 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/Delta(5)-Delta(4) isomerase deficiencyJacques Simard
Cancer Genomics Laboratory, Oncology and Molecular Endocrinology Research Center, Laval University Medical Center CHUL, Laval University, 2705 Laurier Boulevard, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada G1V 4G2
Semin Reprod Med 20:255-76. 2002..Indeed these experiments confirm that no functional 3betaHSD type II isoenzyme is expressed in the adrenals and gonads of the patients suffering from a severe salt-wasting ..
- The mycotoxins alternariol and alternariol methyl ether negatively affect progesterone synthesis in porcine granulosa cells in vitroU Tiemann
Research Institute for the Biology of Farm Animals, Dummerstorf, Germany
Toxicol Lett 186:139-45. 2009..enzyme (P450SCC) and 3-beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3-beta-HSD), and of the corresponding Cyp11a1 and Hsd3b transcripts in cultured pig granulosa cells. Already 0.8 microM, AOH and AME inhibited P(4) secretion and 1...
- Influences of sex, incubation temperature, and environmental quality on gonadal estrogen and androgen receptor messenger RNA expression in juvenile American alligators (Alligator mississippiensis)Brandon C Moore
Department of Biology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
Biol Reprod 82:194-201. 2010..Elevated ESR2 and CYP19A1 expressions were diagnostic of alligator ovary, whereas elevated HSD3B1, CYP11A1, and CYP17A1 expressions were indicative of testis...
- Transcript profiling of candidate genes in testis of pigs exhibiting large differences in androstenone levelsEli Grindflek
Norsvin, The Norwegian Pig Breeders Association, Hamar, Norway
BMC Genet 11:4. 2010..The primary goal of the present investigation was to determine the differential gene expression of selected candidate genes related to levels of androstenone in pigs...
- The pre-ovulatory luteinizing hormone surge is followed by down-regulation of CYP19A1, HSD3B1, and CYP17A1 and chromatin condensation of the corresponding promoters in bovine folliclesMarika Nimz
Leibniz Institute for Farm Animal Biology FBN, Dummerstorf, Germany
Mol Reprod Dev 77:1040-8. 2010..CYP19A1, HSD3B1, and CYP17A1 transcripts, which encode key enzymes of steroid hormone biosynthesis, were quantified by real-time ..
- Expression of 3β-HSD1 and P450 Aromatase enzymes during mouse gonad differentiationN R Antonio-Rubio
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Ciudad Universitaria, Mexico, DF, Mexico
J Mol Histol 42:535-43. 2011....
- Adverse effects of di-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate on Leydig cell regeneration in the adult rat testisXing Wang Li
Institute of Reproductive Biomedicine and the 2nd Affiliated Hospital, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou, Zhejiang 325027, PR China
Toxicol Lett 215:84-91. 2012..Quantitative PCR showed that Leydig cell specific genes including Lhcgr, Cyp11a1, Hsd3b1, and Insl3 were significantly down-regulated in 750 mg/kg DEHP-treated testes on post-EDS day 21 and beyond...
- Neurosteroidogenic enzymes and their regulation in the early brain of the protogynous grouper Epinephelus coioides during gonadal sex differentiationGanesan Nagarajan
Department of Aquaculture, National Taiwan Ocean University, Keelung 20224, Taiwan
Gen Comp Endocrinol 181:271-87. 2013..The temporal expressions of key enzymes, cyp11a1 (cytochrome P450 side chain cleavage), hsd3b1 (3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase) and cyp17a1 (cytochrome P450c17) were studied at different developmental ages (..
- 171 expression of androgen-producing enzymes in nelore and angus heifers with low and high numbers of follicles in the ovaryB Loureiro
Universidade Estadual Paulista, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Reprod Fertil Dev 25:234. 2012..This experiment was designed to assess mRNA levels of androgen-producing enzymes (CYP11A1, CYP17A1, HSD3B, HSD17B) in Nelore and Angus heifers with high (HFC) and low follicle counts (LFC)...
- Effects of hydroxy-delta-5-steroid dehydrogenase, 3 beta- and steroid delta-isomerase 1 polymorphisms on fat androstenone level and gene expression in Duroc pigsJ M Kim
College of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul, South Korea
Anim Genet 44:592-5. 2013..Porcine hydroxy-delta-5-steroid dehydrogenase, 3 beta- and steroid delta-isomerase 1 (3β-HSD, also known as HSD3B1) plays a key role in the hepatic metabolism that catalyzes androstenone to β-androstenol...
- Misregulated progesterone secretion and impaired pregnancy in Cyp11a1 transgenic miceYu Chien
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Biol Reprod 89:91. 2013..P4), which is secreted from ovarian luteal cells via enzymatic steps catalyzed by P450scc (CYP11A1) and HSD3B. The development and maintenance of corpora lutea during pregnancy, however, are less well understood...
- A gain-of-function mutation in DHT synthesis in castration-resistant prostate cancerKai Hsiung Chang
Department of Cancer Biology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Cell 154:1074-84. 2013..We suggest that 3βHSD1 is a valid target for the treatment of CRPC. ..
- Endometrial Intracrinology--generation of an estrogen-dominated microenvironment in the secretory phase of womenD A Gibson
Medical Research Council MRC Centre for Reproductive Health, The University of Edinburgh, Queen s Medical Research Institute, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh, EH16 4TJ, UK
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:E1802-6. 2013..The human endometrium is a complex multicellular tissue subject to cyclical fluctuations in ovarian-derived steroid hormones. Fertile cycles are characterized by differentiation (decidualization) of endometrial stromal cells (ESC)...
- Hepatic transcriptome profiling identifies differences in expression of genes associated with changes in metabolism and postnatal growth between Hereford and Holstein-Friesian bullsPawel Lisowski
Department of Molecular Biology, Institute of Genetics and Animal Breeding, Polish Academy of Sciences, Postepu 36A, 05 552, Magdalenka, Jastrzebiec n Warsaw, Poland
Anim Genet 45:288-92. 2014..H bulls, we observed up-regulation of genes involved in fatty acid biosynthesis and lipid metabolism (CD36, CAT, HSD3B1, FABP1, ACAA1) and involved in insulin signaling (INSR, INSIG2, NR4A1) and down-regulation of genes involved in ..
- Peripheral benzodiazepine receptor/translocator protein global knock-out mice are viable with no effects on steroid hormone biosynthesisLan N Tu
From the Department of Animal Science, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853 and
J Biol Chem 289:27444-54. 2014..of gene expression profiles showed that genes involved in steroid hormone biosynthesis (Star, Cyp11a1, and Hsd3b1) were unchanged in Tspo(-/-) mice...
- Molecular adaptations of testosterone-producing Leydig cells during systemic in vivo blockade of the androgen receptorMaja M Bjelic
Reproductive Endocrinology and Signaling Group, Department of Biology and Ecology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Novi Sad, Novi Sad, Serbia
Mol Cell Endocrinol 396:10-25. 2014..Testosterone-reduced expression of some steroidogenic enzymes/proteins (Tspo,StAR,Hsd3b1/2) and transcription factors (Nur77,Gata4,Dax1) was completely abrogated, while decreased expression of Star,..
- Time-course changes of steroidogenic gene expression and steroidogenesis of rat Leydig cells after acute immobilization stressHan Lin
Department of Anesthesiology of the Second Affiliated Hospital
Int J Mol Sci 15:21028-44. 2014..Other mRNA levels, including Cyp11a1, Hsd3b1 and Hsd17b3, began to decline after 3 h. Hsd11b1 and Nos2 mRNA levels did not change during the course of stress...
- Using SILAC proteomics to investigate the effect of the mycotoxin, alternariol, in the human H295R steroidogenesis modelShewit Kalayou
Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, Oslo, Norway
Cell Biol Toxicol 30:361-76. 2014..in early stages of steroid biosynthesis (SOAT1, NPC1, and ACBD5) and C21-steroid hormone metabolism (CYP21A2 and HSD3B1)...
- Variant allele of HSD3B1 increases progression to castration-resistant prostate cancerGang Wu
Department of Urology, Tongji Hospital, Tongji University School of Medicine, Shanghai, PR China
Prostate 75:777-82. 2015....
- Regulated C-C motif ligand 2 (CCL2) in luteal cells contributes to macrophage infiltration into the human corpus luteum during luteolysisJunko Nio-Kobayashi
MRC Centre for Reproductive Health, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, UK Laboratory of Histology and Cytology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Kita 15 Nishi 7, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Mol Hum Reprod 21:645-54. 2015..CCL2 mRNA expression was negatively correlated with both HSD3B1 and PGES, suggesting that locally produced progesterone and PGE suppress macrophage infiltration into the CL...
- Melatonin replacement restores the circadian behavior in adult rat Leydig cells after pinealectomyAleksandar Z Baburski
Department of Biology and Ecology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Novi Sad, Novi Sad, Serbia
Mol Cell Endocrinol 413:26-35. 2015..increased 24-h-oscillations of serum testosterone and LC's cAMP levels, expression of Insl3, Per1, Star/StAR, Hsd3b1/2, Nur77, decreased Arr19 and canceled Per2 oscillatory expression pattern...
- Gestational N-hexane inhalation alters the expression of genes related to ovarian hormone production and DNA methylation states in adult female F1 rat offspringHong Li
Department of Pharmaceuticals, Fujian Health College, Fuzhou 350101, China
Toxicol Lett 239:141-51. 2015..the 500 ppm group, and decreased and significantly upregulated mRNA expression of the Star, Cyp11a1, Cyp17a1, and Hsd3b genes was observed in the 12,500 ppm and 500 ppm groups, respectively...
- Morphological characterization of adult mouse Leydig cells in cultureJian qi Wang
Transgenic and Stem Cell Core, Institute of Animal Sciences and Veterinary Medicine, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing 100193, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 469:836-41. 2016..The Leydig cells were identified by HSD3B staining and RT-PCR...
- Effects of in Utero Exposure to Dicyclohexyl Phthalate on Rat Fetal Leydig CellsXiaoheng Li
The Second Affiliated Hospital and amp Yuying Children s Hospital of Wenzhou Medical University, Wenzhou 325027, China
Int J Environ Res Public Health 13:. 2016..DCHP reduced the expression levels of steroidogenesis-related genes (including Star, Hsd3b1, and Hsd17b3) and testis-descent related gene Insl3 as well as protein levels of 3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase ..
- Comparison of the Effects of Dibutyl and Monobutyl Phthalates on the Steroidogenesis of Rat Immature Leydig CellsLinxi Li
Center of Scientific Research, The Second Affiliated Hospital and Yuying Children s Hospital, Wenzhou Medical University, Wenzhou, Zhejiang 325027, China
Biomed Res Int 2016:1376526. 2016..MBP mainly downregulated Cyp11a1 and Hsd3b1 expression levels at 50 nM...
- Clock genes and salt-sensitive hypertension: a new type of aldosterone-synthesizing enzyme controlled by the circadian clock and angiotensin IIHitoshi Okamura
Department of Systems Biology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Hypertens Res 39:681-687. 2016..of a DNA microarray analysis of the adrenal gland and subsequent biochemical analyses, we discovered that Hsd3b6/HSD3B1, a subtype of 3β-HSD, is markedly overexpressed in aldosterone-producing cells in the Cry-null adrenal cortex...
- Structure and expression of a new complementary DNA encoding the almost exclusive 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/delta 5-delta 4-isomerase in human adrenals and gonadsE Rheaume
Medical Research Council Group in Molecular Endocrinology, CHUL Research Center, Quebec, Canada
Mol Endocrinol 5:1147-57. 1991..The present data show for the first time that adrenals and gonads express a type of 3 beta HSD isoenzyme that is distinct from the type expressed in the placenta.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..
- Characterization of human 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/delta 5-delta 4-isomerase gene and its expression in mammalian cellsY Lachance
Medical Research Council Group in Molecular Endocrinology, CHUL Research Centre, Quebec, Canada
J Biol Chem 265:20469-75. 1990....
- Genome-wide linkage analysis of systolic and diastolic blood pressure: the Québec Family StudyT Rice
Division of Biostatistics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Circulation 102:1956-63. 2000..While some loci affecting BP variation are known (eg, angiotensinogen), there are likely to be novel signals that can be detected with a genome scan approach...
- The partial female to male sex reversal in Wnt-4-deficient females involves induced expression of testosterone biosynthetic genes and testosterone production, and depends on androgen actionMinna Heikkilä
Biocenter Oulu, University of Oulu, Aapistie 5A, University of Oulu, P O Box 5000, FIN 90014 Oulu, Finland
Endocrinology 146:4016-23. 2005..to the synthesis of testosterone in the mouse is induced in the Wnt-4-deficient ovary, including Cyp11a, Cyp17, Hsd3b1, Hsd17b1, and Hsd17b3...
- Assignment of the bovine PTGFR and HSD3B1 genes to bovine chromosome 3 with somatic and radiation hybrid panel mappingL C Nakata
Department of Biology, IBILCE, UNESP, Sao Paulo State University, Sao Jose Rio Preto, SP, Brazil
Cytogenet Genome Res 114:94E. 2006
- Effects of metformin on bovine granulosa cells steroidogenesis: possible involvement of adenosine 5' monophosphate-activated protein kinase (AMPK)Lucie Tosca
Unite de Physiologie de la Reproduction et des Comportements, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, 37380 Nouzilly, France
Biol Reprod 76:368-78. 2007..follicles, metformin (10 mM) reduced production of both progesterone and estradiol and decreased the abundance of HSD3B, CYP11A1, and STAR proteins in presence or absence of FSH (10(-8) M) and IGF1 (10(-8) M)...
- Plasticity of the zona reticularis in the adult marmoset adrenal cortex: voyages of discovery in the New WorldJ Christina Pattison
Perinatal Research Laboratories, University of Wisconsin Madison, 7E Meriter Hospital Park, 202 South Park Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53715, USA
J Endocrinol 203:313-26. 2009..by P450c17 (CYP17A1 as listed in HUGO Database) in the ZR results from a coincident fall in the expression of HSD3B, which would otherwise compete for pregnenolone substrate...
- Transcriptional regulation of steroidogenic genes: STARD1, CYP11A1 and HSD3BHolly A Lavoie
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 234:880-907. 2009..cleavage enzyme, cytochrome P450scc (CYP11A1) and 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/Delta5-Delta4 isomerase (HSD3B), is tightly controlled by a battery of transcription factors in the adrenal cortex, the gonads and the placenta...
- IGF1 induces up-regulation of steroidogenic and apoptotic regulatory genes via activation of phosphatidylinositol-dependent kinase/AKT in bovine granulosa cellsArul Murugan Mani
Reproduction Group, Department of Veterinary Basic Sciences, Royal Veterinary College, Hawkshead Lane, North Mymms, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 7TA, UK
Reproduction 139:139-51. 2010..a significant increase in 17beta-oestradiol (OE(2)) production, cell number and in mRNA expression of CYP11A1, HSD3B1, CYP19A1, BAX, type 1 IGF receptor (IGF1R) and FSHR, while FSH alone had no significant effects...
- Salt-sensitive hypertension in circadian clock-deficient Cry-null mice involves dysregulated adrenal Hsd3b6Masao Doi
Department of Systems Biology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Nat Med 16:67-74. 2010..Translation of these findings to humans will require clinical examination of human HSD3B1 gene, which we found to be functionally similar to mouse Hsd3b6.
- Pig preovulatory oocytes modulate cumulus cell protein and gene expression in vitroFrancois Paradis
Swine Reproduction Development Program, Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Mol Cell Endocrinol 320:87-96. 2010..The oocyte also up-regulated HSD3B mRNA, suggesting an effect on cumulus cell progesterone synthesis...
- Polymorphisms in catechol-O-methyltransferase and cytochrome p450 subfamily 19 genes predispose towards Madurella mycetomatis-induced mycetoma susceptibilityWendy W J van de Sande
Erasmus MC, University Medical Centre Rotterdam, Department of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Med Mycol 48:959-68. 2010..cytochrome p450 subfamily 17 (CYP17), cytochrome p450 subfamily 19 (CYP19) and hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 3B (HSD3B). Significant differences in allele distribution were demonstrated for CYP19 (P=0.004) and COMT (P=0...
- A case of primary aldosteronism caused by multiple adrenocortical macronodulesNaoko Hashimoto
Division of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Intern Med 50:585-90. 2011..immunohistochemical analysis demonstrated that these nodules were positive for 3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (HSD3B) but not for CYP17...
- Genomic biomarkers of phthalate-induced male reproductive developmental toxicity: a targeted RT-PCR array approach for defining relative potencyBethany R Hannas
Reproductive Toxicology Branch, Toxicology Assessment Division, National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, Office of Research and Development, U S Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27711, USA
Toxicol Sci 125:544-57. 2012..the six phthalates from most to least was Cyp11b1 > Star = Scarb1 > Cyp17a1 = T production > Cyp11a1 = Hsd3b = Insl3 > Cyp11b2...
- Towards an understanding of the evolution of the chorioallantoic placenta: steroid biosynthesis and steroid hormone signaling in the chorioallantoic membrane of an oviparous reptileLori Cruze
Department of Biology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
Biol Reprod 87:71. 2012..the regulation of steroidogenesis (NR5A1), the key steroidogenic enzymes involved in the synthesis of progestins (HSD3B1), androgens (CYP17A1), and estrogens (CYP19A1), and the receptors involved in the signaling of progestins (PR), ..
- Genetic susceptibility factors on genes involved in the steroid hormone biosynthesis pathway and progesterone receptor for gastric cancer riskLisa Y Cho
Department of Preventive Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
PLoS ONE 7:e47603. 2012The objective of the study was to investigate the role of genes (HSD3B1, CYP17A1, CYP19A1, HSD17B2, HSD17B1) involved in the steroid hormone biosynthesis pathway and progesterone receptor (PGR) in the etiology of gastric cancer in a ..
- 235 progesterone affects the messenger RNA expression of in vitro-produced bovine embryosK Knauer
University of Veterinary Medicine, Foundation, Hannover, Germany
Reprod Fertil Dev 25:265. 2012..Subsequently, the relative amounts of six developmentally important gene transcripts (IGF1R, SLC2A1, HSD3B1, IFNT, PGRMC1, and PGRMC2) were analysed in single embryos of all groups...
- 267 effect of follicular fluid concentration on in vitro development of porcine oocytes and the expression of genes related to cumulus expansion and embryo qualityJ E Park
Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Reprod Fertil Dev 25:281. 2012..6±3.1 v. 54.4±2.5, respectively). In addition, the expression of matrix molecule (HAS2, GREM1), steroidogenesis (HSD3B), epidermal growth factor signalling (AREG, BTC), and cell cycle regulator (CCND2) genes were upregulated in the ..
- Reversible infertility in a liver receptor homologue-1 (LRH-1)-knockdown mouse modelHan Gerrits
Merck Sharp and Dohme Research Laboratories, Women s Health Department, Molenstraat 110, 5342 CC, Oss, The Netherlands Corresponding author Email
Reprod Fertil Dev 26:293-306. 2014..with the observed decrease in plasma progesterone levels, key steroid biosynthesis genes, namely Star, Cyp11a1, Hsd3b and Scarb1, were downregulated in LRH-1-knockdown ovaries...
- Sertoli cell androgen receptor expression regulates temporal fetal and adult Leydig cell differentiation, function, and population sizeRasmani Hazra
ANZAC Research Institute, Concord Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales 2139, Australia
Endocrinology 154:3410-22. 2013..gene expression, with down-regulated Star, Cyp11a1, and Cyp17a1 expression contrasting with up-regulated Hsd3b1, Hsd17b3, and Srd5a1 expression...
- Androgen metabolite-dependent growth of hormone receptor-positive breast cancer as a possible aromatase inhibitor-resistance mechanismToru Hanamura
Department of Molecular and Functional Dynamics, Graduate School of Medicine, Tohoku University, 2 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Breast Cancer Res Treat 139:731-40. 2013..5α-Androstane-3β,17β-diol (3β-diol) generated from DHT by 3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (HSD3B1) shows androgenic and substantial estrogenic activities, representing a potential mechanism of AI resistance...
- Short oestrous cycles in sheep during anoestrus involve defects in progesterone biosynthesis and luteal neovascularisationH M Brown
UMR Physiologie de la Reproduction et des Comportements, UMR 6175, INRA CNRS Université de Tours Haras Nationaux, 37380 Nouzilly, France
Reproduction 147:357-67. 2014..loss of expression of genes coding key proteins involved in the biosynthesis of progesterone (STAR, CYP11A1 and HSD3B1 (HSD3B)) as well as genes coding proteins critical for vascular development during early luteal development (VEGFA ..
- Isoform-specific monoclonal antibodies against 3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/isomerase family provide markers for subclassification of human primary aldosteronismMasao Doi
Department of Systems Biology M D, J M F, M T, Y H, Y T, H O, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan and Departments of Medicine F S, R M, S I, Pathology T M, Y N, H S, and Radiology K T, Division of Nephrology, Endocrinology, and Vascular Medicine, Tohoku University Hospital, Sendai 980 8574, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 99:E257-62. 2014..Two different isoforms of 3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (HSD3B1 and HSD3B2) are thought to be expressed in the human adrenal gland, but the lack of isoform-specific antibody has ..
- Androgen deficiency during mid- and late pregnancy alters progesterone production and metabolism in the porcine corpus luteumMalgorzata Grzesiak
1Department of Endocrinology, Institute of Zoology, Jagiellonian University in Krakow, Krakow, Poland
Reprod Sci 21:778-90. 2014..The 3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/Δ5-Δ4 isomerase (HSD3B) mRNA and protein expression were significantly reduced only in the GD108F group as compared with the control...
- Alginate hydrogel matrix stiffness influences the in vitro development of caprine preantral folliclesI R Brito
Faculty of Veterinary, Laboratory of Manipulation of Oocyte and Preantral Follicles LAMOFOPA, PPGCV, State University of Ceara, Fortaleza, CE, Brazil
Mol Reprod Dev 81:636-45. 2014..5, ALG 1, or the control, as well as higher levels of CYP19A1 and HSD3B mRNA. In conclusion, a three-dimensional system that uses ALG 0...
- Mitochondrial complex I gene variations; as a potential genetic risk factor in pathogenesis of multiple sclerosisAhmad Poursadegh Zonouzi
Biotechnology Research Center, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
J Neurol Sci 345:220-3. 2014..In this study, we investigated the possible association between mitochondrial complex I gene variations and MS in a Filipino population...
- Genetic variation in estrogen and progesterone pathway genes and breast cancer risk: an exploration of tumor subtype-specific effectsSarah J Nyante
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Cancer Causes Control 26:121-31. 2015..19 subfamily A polypeptide 1 (CYP19A1), estrogen receptor (ESR1), 3-beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type I (HSD3B1), 17-beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type II (HSD17B2), progesterone receptor (PGR), and sex hormone-binding ..
- GATA4 knockdown in MA-10 Leydig cells identifies multiple target genes in the steroidogenic pathwayFrancis Bergeron
ReproductionMother and Child Health, Room T3 67, Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier Universitaire CHU de Québec, Centre de Recherche en Biologie de la Reproduction CRBR, 2705 Laurier Boulevard, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada G1V 4G2Department of Obstetrics and GynecologyFaculty of Medicine, Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada G1K 7P4
Reproduction 149:245-57. 2015..Gata4 knockdown also led to an important decrease in other novel steroidogenic targets including Srd5a1, Gsta3, Hsd3b1, and Hsd3b6, as well as genes known to participate in cholesterol metabolism such as Scarb1, Ldlr, Soat1, Scap, ..
- Effects of bleomycin, etoposide and cisplatin treatment on Leydig cell structure and transcription of steroidogenic enzymes in rat testisMaie Al-Bader
Departments of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, Kuwait
Eur J Pharmacol 747:150-9. 2015..inhibitory effects on the transcription of all of the above genes in addition to luteinizing hormone receptor and HSD3B1, but not on the StAR gene...
- Prolonged in vivo administration of testosterone-enanthate, the widely used and abused anabolic androgenic steroid, disturbs prolactin and cAMP signaling in Leydig cells of adult ratsMaja M Bjelic
Reproductive Endocrinology and Signaling Group, Faculty of Sciences, University of Novi Sad, Novi Sad, Serbia
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 149:58-69. 2015..Oppositely, Hsd3b1/2, Hsd3b5, Hsd17b4, Ar, Arr19 increased...
- Retinoic acid receptor beta and angiopoietin-like protein 1 are involved in the regulation of human androgen biosynthesisSameer S Udhane
1 Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetology, Department of Pediatrics, University Children s Hospital, Inselspital 2 The Department of Clinical Research, University of Bern, 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Sci Rep 5:10132. 2015..profiling of normal versus starved H295R cells revealed fourteen differentially expressed genes; HSD3B2, HSD3B1, CYP21A2, RARB, ASS1, CFI, ASCL1 and ENC1 play a role in steroid and energy metabolism and ANGPTL1, PLK2, DUSP6, ..
- Comparative analysis of intraluteal steroidogenic enzymes emphasises the functionality of fresh and persistent corpora lutea during pro--and metoestrus in the lynxLina Zschockelt
Leibniz Institute for Zoo and Wildlife Research, Department of Reproduction Biology, PF700430, 10324 Berlin, Germany Electronic address
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 154:75-84. 2015..It is noteworthy that the HSD3B1 mRNA amount was significantly elevated in fresh compared to perCLs (metoestrus)...
- Oxytocin differentially effects 3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase and 5α-reductase activities in prostate cancer cell linesStephen J Assinder
Disciplines of Physiology, School of Medical Sciences and Bosch Institute, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia Electronic address
Peptides 71:149-55. 2015..oxytocin stimulates steroidogenesis in several organs by modulating activity of 3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases (HSD3B) and steroid 5α-reductases (SRD5A)...
- Ethnic difference in prostate cancerTimothy R Rebbeck; Fiscal Year: 2010..CYP19, 5alpha-reductase II (SRD5A2), androgen receptor (AR), and the hydroxy-steroid dehydrogenases type II 3beta (HSD3B) and type 17beta (HSD17B)...
- Genes, Hormones and Breast Cancer RiskVeronica Wendy Setiawan; Fiscal Year: 2010..plasma hormone levels, 2) characterize genetic variation of estrogen biosynthesis genes (CYP11A, CYP17, CYP19, HSD3B1, HSD3B2, HSD17B1, HSD17B2, and SHBG) using a two-pronged approach (putative functional variants and inferred ..
- PLACENTAL 3 BETA-HYDROXYSTEROID DEHYDROGENASE/ISOMERASEJames Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2003..The absence of detergent in the pure cytosolic enzyme preparation facilitates the growth of crystals for future structural studies. ..
- Placental 3B-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase/IsomeraseJames Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies may ultimately produce new treatments for the prevention of premature birth and the treatment of hormone-sensitive breast cancer while leaving adrenal steroidogenesis intact. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Rhesus-Human Adrenal Comparisons During AgingCharles Parker; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- The function of Runx1 in the ovaryMisung Jo; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such knowledge can be applied for promoting or inhibiting these critical facets of ovarian physiology, thereby allowing us to better manage fertility, infertility, and ovarian-based disorders. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ETIOLOGY, HORMONAL CRITERIA OF 3 BETA HSD DEFICIENCYSongya Pang; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- OVARIAN LDL RECEPTOR AND STAR GENE REGULATIONHOLLY LAVOIE; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will promote our understanding of how multiple genes are coordinated by different trophic factors in the ovary during follicular differentiation and add to our understanding of mechanisms of infertility. ..
- Genetic Polymorphisms Benign Prostatic HyperplasiaROSEBUD ROBERTS; Fiscal Year: 2004..This community-based cohort study should provide insights that should improve our understanding of the genetic control of hormonal mechanisms in the pathogenesis of BPH. ..
- ESTROGEN, DIET, GENETICS AND ENDOMETRIAL CANCERSara Olson; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study will provide data on genetic susceptibility in endometrial cancer in conjunction with established risk factors, as well as the first epidemiologic data on the more lethal serous and clear cell tumors. ..
- MENOPAUSAL TRANSITION: A BIOBEHAVIORAL MODEL OF SYMPTOMSEllen Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Vascular and Inflammatory Predictors of MCI Risk and ProgressionROSEBUD ROBERTS; Fiscal Year: 2008..The K01 award will culminate in an R01 application that will pave the way for the candidate to become an independent investigator in MCI and AD research. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Sertoli Cell Mediated Engulfment of Apoptotic Germ CellsKodi S Ravichandran; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..