Genomes and Genes
HSD 3 1
Gene Symbol: HSD 3 1
Description: spermatogenesis associated 7
Alias: HEL-S-296, HSD-3.1, HSD3, LCA3, epididymis secretory protein Li 296, spermatogenesis-associated protein 7, spermatogenesis-associated protein HSD3
- Phenotypic variability in 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-3 deficiency and diagnostic pitfallsYung Seng Lee
Department of Paediatrics, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 67:20-8. 200717beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 isoenzyme (17beta-HSD3) is required to produce testosterone for male sex differentiation. Mutations in the HSD17B3 gene cause 17betaHSD3 deficiency and result in XY sex reversal of varying degree...
- Mutations in SPATA7 cause Leber congenital amaurosis and juvenile retinitis pigmentosaHui Wang
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Hum Genet 84:380-7. 2009..Using homozygosity mapping, we narrowed down the critical region of the LCA3 locus to 3.8 Mb between markers D14S1022 and D14S1005...
- 46,XY disorder of sex development in a sudanese patient caused by a novel mutation in the HSD17B3 geneMona Ellaithi
Al Neelain Medical Research Centre, Faculty of Medicine, Al Neelain University, Khartoum, Sudan
Sex Dev 8:151-5. 2014..raised as a female and diagnosed at the age of 20 years with having 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 (17β-HSD3) deficiency...
- A novel gene, RSD-3/HSD-3.1, encodes a meiotic-related protein expressed in rat and human testisXiaodong Zhang
National Laboratory of Medical Molecular Biology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, 5 Dong Dan San Tiao, 100005 Beijing, China
J Mol Med (Berl) 81:380-7. 2003..1 gene were determined by aligning the cDNA sequence with the corresponding genome sequence. The cDNA consisted of 12 exons that span approximately 52.8 kb of the genome sequence and was mapped to chromosome 14q31.3...
- Comparison of crystal structures of human type 3 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase reveals an "induced-fit" mechanism and a conserved basic motif involved in the binding of androgenJean Francois Couture
Oncology and Molecular Endocrinology Research Center, Laval University Medical Center and Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Protein Sci 14:1485-97. 2005The aldo-keto reductase (AKR) human type 3 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (h3alpha-HSD3, AKR1C2) plays a crucial role in the regulation of the intracellular concentrations of testosterone and 5alpha-dihydrotestosterone (5alpha-DHT), ..
- In silico methods in the discovery of endocrine disrupting chemicalsAnna Vuorinen
Institute of Pharmacy Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Center for Molecular Biosciences Innsbruck CMBI, University of Innsbruck, Innrain 80 82, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 137:18-26. 2013..reporting the use of in silico methods: five studies reporting the identification of previously unknown 17β-HSD3 inhibitors, MR agonists, and ER antagonists/agonists...
- STX2171, a 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 inhibitor, is efficacious in vivo in a novel hormone-dependent prostate cancer modelJoanna M Day
Oncology Drug Discovery and Women s Health Group, Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, and Sterix Ltd, Imperial College London, UK
Endocr Relat Cancer 20:53-64. 2013..17β-HSD type 3 (17β-HSD3) catalyses the reduction of the weakly androgenic androstenedione (adione) to testosterone, suggesting that ..
- In vitro and in vivo evaluation of a 3β-androsterone derivative as inhibitor of 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3Jenny Roy
Laboratory of Medicinal Chemistry, CHU de Québec CHUL, T4 Research Center and Laval University Faculty of Medicine, Quebec, Quebec G1V 4G2, Canada
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 141:44-51. 201417β-Hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 (17β-HSD3 or HSD17B3) catalyzes the last step in the biosynthesis of the potent androgen testosterone (T), by stereoselectively reducing the C17 ketone of 4-androstene-3,17-dione (4-dione), with ..
- Novel homozygous large deletion including the 5' part of the SPATA7 gene in a consanguineous Israeli Muslim Arab familyAnja Kathrin Mayer
Molecular Genetics Laboratory, Institute for Ophthalmic Research, Centre for Ophthalmology, University of Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
Mol Vis 21:306-15. 2015..To identify the genetic defect in a consanguineous Israeli Muslim Arab family with juvenile retinitis pigmentosa (RP)...
- A novel missense mutation in HSD17B3 gene in a 46, XY adolescent presenting with primary amenorrhea and virilization at pubertyHale Ünver Tuhan
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, School of Medicine, Dokuz Eylul University, Izmir, Turkey
Clin Chim Acta 438:154-6. 2015Deficiency of 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type3 (17β-HSD3) isoenzyme which catalyzes the synthesis of testosterone from Δ4-androstenedione, is the cause of 46, XY disorders of sex development (DSD)...
- The E3 ubiquitin ligase thyroid hormone receptor-interacting protein 12 targets pancreas transcription factor 1a for proteasomal degradationNaima Hanoun
From the INSERM UMR1037, Cancer Research Center of Toulouse CRCT, University of Toulouse III Paul Sabatier, 31037 Toulouse, France
J Biol Chem 289:35593-604. 2014..Our data suggest that an increase in TRIP12 expression can play a part in PTF1a down-regulation and indicate that PTF1a/TRIP12 functional interaction may regulate pancreatic epithelial cell homeostasis. ..
- Spata7 is a retinal ciliopathy gene critical for correct RPGRIP1 localization and protein trafficking in the retinaAiden Eblimit
HGSC, Department of Molecular and Human Genetics
Hum Mol Genet 24:1584-601. 2015..SPATA7 has recently been identified as the LCA3 and juvenile RP gene in humans, whose function in the retina remains elusive...
- Synthesis of methoxycarbonylpyrazolylandrostene derivatives, and their potential inhibitory effect on androgen biosynthesis and cell proliferationNikoletta Szabó
1st Department of Medicine, University of Szeged, Koranyi fasor 8 10, H 6720 Szeged, Hungary
Steroids 98:143-52. 2015..5)-3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (Δ(5)-3β-HSD) and 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 (17β-HSD3)...
- Effects of phthalates on 3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase and 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 3 activities in human and rat testesKaiming Yuan
The 2nd Affiliated Hospital, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou, Zhejiang 325000, PR China
Chem Biol Interact 195:180-8. 2012The 3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3β-HSD) and 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 3 (17β-HSD3) are involved in the reactions that culminate in androgen biosynthesis in Leydig cells...
- Synthesis, biochemical evaluation and rationalisation of the inhibitory activity of a series of 4-hydroxyphenyl ketones as potential inhibitors of 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 (17beta-HSD3)Rupinder K Lota
Department of Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy and Chemistry, Kingston University, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, UK
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 16:4519-22. 2006..responsible for the conversion of androstenedione (AD) to testosterone (T), more specifically type 3 (17beta-HSD3)...
- Synthesis of 5α-androstane-17-spiro-δ-lactones with a 3-keto, 3-hydroxy, 3-spirocarbamate or 3-spiromorpholinone as inhibitors of 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenasesGuy Bertrand Djigoue
Laboratory of Medicinal Chemistry, CHU de Québec Research Center and Faculty of Medicine, Laval University, 2705 Laurier Boulevard, Quebec, Quebec G1V 4G2, Canada
Molecules 18:914-33. 2013..These steroid derivatives inhibited 17β-HSD3 (14-88% at 1 μM; 46-94% at 10 μM) and 17β-HSD5 (54-73% at 0.3 μM; 91-92% at 3 μM)...
- Human 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases types 1, 2, and 3 catalyze bi-directional equilibrium reactions, rather than unidirectional metabolism, in HEK-293 cellsNaveed Khan
Divison of Reproductive Sciences, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 8857, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 429:50-9. 2004..enzymes appear to function unidirectionally in intact cells: only reductive reactions for 17betaHSD1 and 17beta HSD3 and only oxidative reactions for 17betaHSD2...
- Novel mutation among two sisters with 17β hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 deficiencyEric Z Massanyi
James Buchanan Brady Urological Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Division of Pediatric Urology, Charlotte Bloomberg Children s Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Urology 81:1069-71. 2013The clinical presentations of 17β hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 (17β-HSD3) deficiency, 5α-reductase type 2 deficiency, and complete androgen insensitivity syndrome can be similar...
- Lack of phenotypic effect of triallelic variation in SPATA7 in a family with Leber congenital amaurosis resulting from CRB1 mutationsLin Li
State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Mol Vis 17:3326-32. 2011..To identify the causative gene for autosomal recessive Leber congenital amaurosis (LCA) in a Chinese family...
- Discovery of potent and orally bioavailable 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 inhibitorsKoichiro Harada
Environmental Health Science Laboratory, Sumitomo Chemical Co, Ltd, 1 98, Kasugadenaka 3 chome, Konohana ku, Osaka 554 8558, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem 20:3242-54. 2012..reported the discovery of a new class of potent inhibitors of 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 (17β-HSD3) derived from benzylidene oxazolidinedione and thiazolidinedione scaffolds...
- The microsomal enzyme 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 3 faces the cytoplasm and uses NADPH generated by glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenaseBalazs Legeza
Division of Molecular and Systems Toxicology, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Basel, Klingelbergstrasse 50, 4056 Basel, Switzerland
Endocrinology 154:205-13. 2013Recent studies proposed a functional coupling between 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 3 (17β-HSD3)-dependent testosterone formation and 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 1 (11β-HSD1)-mediated interconversion of glucocorticoids through ..
- Clinical and molecular spectrum of patients with 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 (17-β-HSD3) deficiencyCarla Cristina Telles de Sousa Castro
Departamento de Pediatria, Faculdade de Ciencias Medicas, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 56:533-9. 2012The enzyme 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 (17-β-HSD3) catalyzes the conversion of androstenedione to testosterone in the testes, and its deficiency is a rare disorder of sex development in 46,XY individuals...
- Identification of novel functional inhibitors of 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type III (17beta-HSD3)Thomas E Spires
Oncology Drug Discovery, Bristol Myers Squibb, Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Princeton, NJ 08543, USA
Prostate 65:159-70. 2005....
- Synthesis of 3-spiromorpholinone androsterone derivatives as inhibitors of 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3Guy Bertrand Djigoue
Laboratory of Medicinal Chemistry, CHU de Québec Research Center CHUL, T4, Quebec, QC, Canada Department of Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Laval University, Quebec, QC, Canada
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 23:6360-2. 2013..Non-steroidal spiromorpholinones are not active as inhibitors of 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 (17β-HSD3), but steroidal morpholinones are very potent inhibitors...
- Spectrum of SPATA7 mutations in Leber congenital amaurosis and delineation of the associated phenotypeIsabelle Perrault
Unité de Recherches Génétique et Epigénétique des Maladies Métaboliques, Neurosensorielles et du Développement, INSERM U781 and Université Paris Descartes, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Hum Mutat 31:E1241-50. 2010..Six different mutations were identified, four of which are novel; All affected both SPATA7 transcripts. The clinical evaluation of patients suggested that SPATA7 mutations account for the rod-cone dystrophy type of the disease...
- Neurosteroid biosynthetic pathway changes in substantia nigra and caudate nucleus in Parkinson's diseaseSabina Luchetti
Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience, Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Brain Pathol 20:945-51. 2010..subunits (alpha4, beta1) while in the CN, upregulation of 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 (3alpha-HSD3) and alpha4 GABA-A receptor subunit (22-fold) was observed. No significant differences were found in the PU...
- Evolution of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-type 1 and 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-type 3Michael E Baker
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0693, USA
FEBS Lett 584:2279-84. 2010..11beta-HSD1 is a paralog of 11beta-HSD3, whose physiological function remains unclear...
- Practical approach to steroid 5alpha-reductase type 2 deficiencyChong Kun Cheon
Department of Pediatrics, Genetic and Endocrinologic Clinic, Children s Hospital, Pusan National University, Beomeo Ri, Mulgeum Eup, Yangsan si, Gyeongnam 626 770, Korea
Eur J Pediatr 170:1-8. 2011..with 5α-RD2, partial androgen insensitivity syndrome (PAIS), or 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 (17β-HSD3) enzyme deficiency may be indistinguishable...
- Curcumin derivatives inhibit testicular 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 3Guo Xin Hu
School of Pharmacy, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou 325000, PR China
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 20:2549-51. 2010Non-steroidal compounds that inhibit 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase isoform 3 (17beta-HSD3), an enzyme catalyzing the final step in testosterone biosynthesis in Leydig cells, are under development for male contraceptive or treatment ..
- Effects of genistein and equol on human and rat testicular 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase and 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 3 activitiesGuo Xin Hu
Population Council, New York, NY 10065, USA
Asian J Androl 12:519-26. 2010..and equol on 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3beta-HSD) and 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 3 (17beta-HSD3) in human and rat testis microsomes...
- The day-night difference of blood pressure is increased in AT(1A)-receptor knockout mice on a high-sodium dietDaian Chen
Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Melbourne, Australia
Am J Hypertens 23:481-7. 2010..In this study, we examined the influence of angiotensin AT(1A) receptors on circadian BP variation, and specifically on its behavioral activity-related and -unrelated components...
- The UV-filter benzophenone-1 inhibits 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3: Virtual screening as a strategy to identify potential endocrine disrupting chemicalsLyubomir G Nashev
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Basel, Switzerland
Biochem Pharmacol 79:1189-99. 2010..The database was screened using pharmacophores of 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 (17beta-HSD3), which catalyzes the last step of testosterone synthesis in testicular Leydig cells and plays an essential role ..
- Genetic polymorphisms of 17 β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 3 and the risk of hypospadiasFumihiro Sata
Department of Public Health, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
J Sex Med 7:2729-38. 2010..In this regard, enzymes 17 β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 (17 β HSD3, encoded by HSD17B3) and steroid 5 α-reductase type 2 (encoded by SRD5A2) play crucial roles.
- Effects of methoxychlor and 2,2-bis(p-hydroxyphenyl)-1,1,1-trichloroethane on 3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase and 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-3 activities in human and rat testesG X Hu
School of Pharmacy, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou, Zhejiang, China
Int J Androl 34:138-44. 2011..HPTE) on 3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3β-HSD) and 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 (17β-HSD3)...
- Structure of the human 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 in complex with testosterone and NADP at 1.25-A resolutionV Nahoum
Oncology and Molecular Endocrinology Research Center, Laval University Medical Center, Quebec, Quebec G1V 4G2, Canada
J Biol Chem 276:42091-8. 2001The first crystallographic structure of human type 3 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3alpha-HSD3, AKR1C2), an enzyme playing a critical role in steroid hormone metabolism, has been determined in complex with testosterone and NADP at ..
- Identification of oxazolidinediones and thiazolidinediones as potent 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 inhibitorsKoichiro Harada
Environmental Health Science Laboratory, Sumitomo Chemical Co, Ltd, 1 98, Kasugadenaka 3 chome, Konohana ku, Osaka 554 8558, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 22:504-7. 2012Novel and potent inhibitors of 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 (17β-HSD3) were identified based on oxazolidinedione and thiazolidinedione derivatives, starting from a high-throughput screening hit, 5-(3-bromo-4-hydroxybenzyl)-3-(..
- Inhibition of human and rat testicular steroidogenic enzyme activities by bisphenol ALeping Ye
The 2nd Affiliated Hospital, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou, Zhejiang, PR China
Toxicol Lett 207:137-42. 2011..CYP17A1), 3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3β-HSD) and 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 3 (17β-HSD3). Human and rat testis microsomes were exposed to various concentrations of BPA (10(-8)-10(-4)M)...
- Development of 3-substituted-androsterone derivatives as potent inhibitors of 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3René Maltais
Laboratory of Medicinal Chemistry, Endocrinology and Genomic Unit, CHUQ CHUL Research Center, Quebec, Canada
Bioorg Med Chem 19:4652-68. 201117Beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 (17β-HSD3) is a steroidogenic enzyme that catalyzes the transformation of 4-androstene-3,17-dione (Δ⁴-dione) into androgen testosterone (T)...
- Role of 11β-OH-C(19) and C(21) steroids in the coupling of 11β-HSD1 and 17β-HSD3 in regulation of testosterone biosynthesis in rat Leydig cellsSyed A Latif
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The Miriam Hospital, Brown University School of Medicine, 164, Summit Avenue, Providence, RI 02906, United States
Steroids 76:682-9. 2011..In the absence of androstenedione (AD), substrate for 17β-HSD3, incubation of Leydig cells with corticosterone (B) or several C(19)- and C(21)-11β-OH-steroids, in the presence ..
- Screening of SPATA7 in patients with Leber congenital amaurosis and severe childhood-onset retinal dystrophy reveals disease-causing mutationsDonna S Mackay
Department of Genetics, Institute of Ophthalmology, London, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:3032-8. 2011....
- Identification of chemically diverse, novel inhibitors of 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 and 5 by pharmacophore-based virtual screeningDaniela Schuster
Computer Aided Molecular Design Group and Center for Molecular Biosciences Innsbruck, Institute of Pharmacy Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Innrain 52c, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 125:148-61. 201117β-Hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 and 5 (17β-HSD3 and 17β-HSD5) catalyze testosterone biosynthesis and thereby constitute therapeutic targets for androgen-related diseases or endocrine-disrupting chemicals...
- Whole genome association scan for genetic polymorphisms influencing information processing speedMichelle Luciano
Centre for Cognitive Aging and Cognitive Epidemiology, Department of Psychology, University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Biol Psychol 86:193-202. 2011..g., receptor binding, cellular metabolic process). These highlighted genes and pathways will be able to inform future research, including results for psychiatric disease...
- Inhibition of human and rat 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase and 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 3 activities by perfluoroalkylated substancesBinghai Zhao
Population Council, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065, USA
Chem Biol Interact 188:38-43. 2010..the inhibition of 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3beta-HSD) and 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 3 (17beta-HSD3) activities in the human and rat testes. Human and rat microsomal enzymes were exposed to various PFASs...
- Castration inhibits biliary proliferation induced by bile duct obstruction: novel role for the autocrine trophic effect of testosteroneFuquan Yang
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Scott and White and Texas A and M Health Science Center, College of Medicine, Temple, TX 76504, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 301:G981-91. 2011..We evaluated the expression of 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 3 (17β-HSD3, the enzyme regulating testosterone synthesis) in cholangiocytes...
- Coumarins as novel 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 inhibitors for potential treatment of prostate cancerKoichiro Harada
Environmental Health Science Laboratory, Sumitomo Chemical Co, Ltd, 1 98, Kasugadenaka 3 chome, Konohana ku, Osaka 554 8558, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 20:272-5. 2010The synthesis and SAR studies of 3- and 4-substituted 7-hydroxycoumarins as novel 17beta-HSD3 inhibitors are discussed...
- Inhibition of 3beta- and 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activities in rat Leydig cells by perfluorooctane acidBinghai Zhao
School of Public Health, Jilin University, Changchun, Jilin, People s Republic of China
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 118:13-7. 2010..its effect on 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3beta-HSD) and 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 3 (17beta-HSD3) activities in rat testis microsomes and Leydig cells. The IC(50)s of PFOA and mode of inhibition were assayed...
- Identification of a novel series of tetrahydrodibenzazocines as inhibitors of 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3Brian E Fink
Department of Oncology Chemistry, Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, PO Box 4000, Princeton, NJ 08543 4000, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 16:1532-6. 2006A novel series of 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 (17beta-HSD3) inhibitors has been identified...
- Characterization of type 12 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, an isoform of type 3 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase responsible for estradiol formation in womenVan Luu-The
Oncology and Molecular Endocrinology Research Center, Laval University Medical Center, Quebec, Canada G1V 4G2
Mol Endocrinol 20:437-43. 2006..transforms estrone (E1) into estradiol (E2) was identified by sequence similarity with type 3 17beta-HSD (17beta-HSD3) that catalyzes the formation of testosterone from androstenedione in the testis...
- Platelets express steroidogenic 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases. Distinct profiles predict the essential thrombocythemic phenotypeDmitri V Gnatenko
Department of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, New York 11794 8151, USA
Thromb Haemost 94:412-21. 2005..Functional 17beta-HSD3 activity corresponding to approximately 10% of that found in murine testis was demonstrated in normal platelets...
- Intracellular oxidation of allopregnanolone by human brain type 10 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenaseXue Ying He
Department of Neurochemistry, New York State Institute for Basic Research in Developmental Disabilities, Staten Island, NY 10314, USA
Brain Res 1040:29-35. 2005..The distribution of 17beta-HSD10 was found not to parallel that of 3alpha-HSD3. Cerebral cortex has the lowest level of 17beta-HSD10; whereas the hippocampus, hypothalamus, and amygdala possess ..
- Evolutionary analysis of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-type 1, -type 2, -type 3 and 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-type 2 in fishMichael E Baker
Department of Medicine 0693, University of California, San Diego 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093 0693, USA
FEBS Lett 574:167-70. 2004..Also unexpectedly, searches with 11beta-HSD1 only identified several fish 11beta-HSD3s, as well as an ortholog in Ciona, indicating that 11beta-HSD3 is the ancestor of 11beta-HSD1.
- Human 20alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase: crystallographic and site-directed mutagenesis studies lead to the identification of an alternative binding site for C21-steroidsJean Francois Couture
Oncology and Molecular Endocrinology Research Center, Laval University Medical Center CHUL 2705 boul Laurier, Ste Foy, QC, Canada G1V 4G2
J Mol Biol 331:593-604. 2003..Although h20alpha-HSD shares 98% sequence identity with human type 3 3alpha-HSD (h3alpha-HSD3, AKR1C2), these two enzymes differ greatly in their activities...
- A novel human hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase like 1 gene (HSDL1) is highly expressed in reproductive tissuesY Huang
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Institute of Genetics, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 28:185-91. 2001..2. The HSDL1 cDNA is 3407 base pair in length, encoding a 309 amino acid polypeptide related to human 17beta-HSD3. Northern blot reveals that the HSDL1 is highly expressed in testis and ovary...
- Androgens, androgen receptors, and male gender role behaviorJ D Wilson
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, Texas 75390 8857, USA
Horm Behav 40:358-66. 2001..46,XY individuals with either of two autosomal recessive mutations [17 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 3 (17 beta-HSD3) deficiency or steroid 5 alpha-reductase 2 (5 alpha-R2) deficiency] have a female phenotype at birth and are raised ..
- Differential expression of 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases types 2 and 4 in human endometrial epithelial cell linesB Husen
Institute of Anatomy, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
J Mol Endocrinol 24:135-44. 2000..17beta-HSD2 and 4 could be detected by either method, 17beta-HSD1 only by RT-PCR, 17beta-HSD3 not at all...
- A novel locus for Leber congenital amaurosis on chromosome 14q24D W Stockton
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030 3498, USA
Hum Genet 103:328-33. 1998..29 at theta=0.0. These data assign a third locus (LCA3) for LCA to chromosome 14q24...
- A novel missense (R80W) mutation in 17-beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 gene associated with male pseudohermaphroditismJ R Bilbao
Endocrinology and Diabetes Research Unit, Paediatric Endocrinology, Hospital de Cruces, Barakaldo Basque Country, Spain
Eur J Endocrinol 139:330-3. 1998..We analysed the gene encoding 17beta-HSD type 3 (17beta-HSD3) in a patient with MPH.
- The identification of 5 alpha-reductase-2 and 17 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-3 gene defects in male pseudohermaphrodites from a Turkish kindredS Can
Department of Medicine, Cornell University Medical College, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 83:560-9. 1998..kindred with MPH due to either 5 alpha-reductase-2 (SRD5A2) or 17 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-3 (17 beta HSD3) gene defects...
- Physiology and molecular genetics of 17 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenasesS Andersson
Cecil H and Ida Green Center for Reproductive Biology Sciences, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, 75235 9051, USA
Steroids 62:143-7. 1997..Mutations in the 17 beta-HSD3 gene impair the formation of testosterone in the fetal testis and give rise to genetic males with normal male ..
- Molecular cloning of human type 3 3 alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase that differs from 20 alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase by seven amino acidsI Dufort
Medical Research Council Group in Molecular Endocrinology, CHUL Research Center, Quebec, Canada
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 228:474-9. 1996..Chronologically, we name this enzyme type 3 3 alpha-HSD (3 alpha-HSD3). Surprisingly, human 3 alpha-HSD3 shares much higher amino acids sequence identity with human 20 alpha-HSD (97...
- Human ovarian expression of 17 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase types 1, 2, and 3Y Zhang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235 9032, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 81:3594-8. 1996..17 beta HSD) have been cloned and characterized as distinct gene products (17 beta HSD1, 17 beta HSD2, and 17 beta HSD3). The presence and location of these isozymes in the human ovary have not been defined...
- A (R80Q) mutation in 17 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 gene among Arabs of Israel is associated with pseudohermaphroditism in males and normal asymptomatic femalesA Rosler
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Hadassah Hebrew University Hospital Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 81:1827-31. 1996..The 17 beta HSD type 3 (17 beta HSD3) isozyme is encoded by the 17 beta HSD3 gene on chromosome 9q22 and expressed only in testes...
- Male pseudohermaphroditism caused by mutations of testicular 17 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 3W M Geissler
Department of Biochemistry, Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, New Jersey 07065
Nat Genet 7:34-9. 1994..The 17 beta HSD3 gene on chromosome 9q22 contains 11 exons...
- High-resolution physical mapping and construction of a porcine contig spanning the intramuscular fat content QTLS Sato
National Livestock Breeding Center, Nishigo, Fukushima 961 8511, Japan
Anim Genet 37:113-20. 2006..We also demonstrated that the SJ169-MM70 interval spans approximately 3.0 Mb and contains at least 12 genes: GALC, GPR65, KCNK10, SPATA7, PTPN21, FLJ11806, EML5, TTC8, CHES1, CAP2P1, CHORDC2P and C14orf143...
- Characterization of the mRNA expression of StAR and steroidogenic enzymes in zebrafish ovarian folliclesJennifer S Ings
Department of Integrative Biology, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Mol Reprod Dev 73:943-54. 2006..17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (17beta-HSD1), 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 (17beta-HSD3), and P450 aromatase (P450aromA) was determined by Real time RT-PCR...
- 17beta-Hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-3 deficiency: from pregnancy to adolescenceS Bertelloni
Adolescent Medicine, Department of Reproductive Medicine and Paediatrics, Santa Chiara University Hospital, 56126 Pisa, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 32:666-70. 2009Aim of this study is to report on basal clinical phenotype and follow up after diagnosis, of patients with 17beta-hydroxysteroid-dehydrogenase type 3 (17beta-HSD3) deficiency in Italy.
- The (+)- and (-)-gossypols potently inhibit both 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase and 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 3 in human and rat testesGuo Xin Hu
Institute of Molecular Toxicology and Pharmacology, Wenzhou Medical College, Zhejiang, PR China
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 115:14-9. 2009..gossypols in the inhibition of 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3beta-HSD) and 17beta-HSD isoform 3 (17beta-HSD3) in human and rat testes...
- Development of hormone-dependent prostate cancer models for the evaluation of inhibitors of 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3Joanna M Day
Oncology Drug Discovery and Women s Health Group, Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine, and Sterix Ltd, Imperial College London, London W2 1NY, UK
Mol Cell Endocrinol 301:251-8. 2009..17beta-HSD Type 3 (17beta-HSD3) has been seen to be over-expressed in prostate cancer, and catalyses the reduction of androstenedione (Adione) to ..
- The design of novel 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 inhibitorsNigel Vicker
Medicinal Chemistry, Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology and Sterix Ltd, University of Bath, Bath BA2 7AY, UK
Mol Cell Endocrinol 301:259-65. 200917beta-Hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 (17beta-HSD3) is expressed at high levels in the testes and seminal vesicles but has also been shown to be present in prostate tissue, suggesting its potential involvement in both gonadal and non-..
- Synthesis, biochemical evaluation and rationalisation of the inhibitory activity of a range of 4-hydroxyphenyl ketones as potent and specific inhibitors of the type 3 of 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (17beta-HSD3)Rupinder K Lota
Department of Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy and Chemistry, Kingston University, Penrhyn Road, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, KT1 2EE, United Kingdom
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 111:128-37. 2008..against the catalysis of the conversion of androstenedione (AD) to testosterone (T) [17beta-HSD type 3 (17beta-HSD3)], furthermore, in an effort to determine the specificity of our compounds, we evaluated the ability of the ..
- Synthesis, biochemical evaluation and rationalisation of the inhibitory activity of a range of phenyl alkyl imidazole-based compounds as potent inhibitors of the enzyme complex 17alpha-hydroxylase/17,20-lyase (P450(17alpha))Caroline P Owen
Department of Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy and Chemistry, Kingston University, Penrhyn Road, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT1 2EE, UK
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 111:117-27. 2008..against two isozymes of 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase [namely type 1 (17beta-HSD1) and type 3 (17beta-HSD3)] and 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3beta-HSD)...
- [Ginkgo biloba extract enhances testosterone synthesis of Leydig cells in type 2 diabetic rats]Xiao Ye Wu
Department of Pathology, 1st Hospital Affiliated to Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou, Zhejiang 325000, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 14:371-6. 2008..To investigate the effects of Ginkgo biloba extract (EGB) on the testosterone synthesis in the Leydig cells of type 2 diabetic rats...
- Infertility with defective spermatogenesis and steroidogenesis in male mice lacking androgen receptor in Leydig cellsQingquan Xu
Department of Pathology, The Cancer Center, University of Rochester, 601 Elmwood Ave, Box 626, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Endocrine 32:96-106. 2007..numbers of Leydig cells, but instead by the alterations of several key steroidogenic enzymes, including 17beta-HSD3, 3beta-HSD6, and P450c17...
- Caenorhabditis elegans LET-767 is able to metabolize androgens and estrogens and likely shares common ancestor with human types 3 and 12 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenasesSerge Desnoyers
Pediatrics Research Unit, Laval University Medical Center CHUL and Laval University, 2705 Laurier Boulevard, Quebec, G1V 4G2 Canada
J Endocrinol 195:271-9. 2007..that LET-767 shares the highest homology with human types 3 and 12 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases (17beta-HSD3 and 12)...
- 17 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 3 deficiency in the Mediterranean populationAriel Rosler
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Pediatr Endocrinol Rev 3:455-61. 2006Eighty-five males with 17 beta-HSD3 were identified among a highly inbred Arab population in Israel and 57 studied over a period of 25 years...
- 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 3 deficiency in a male pseudohermaphroditeLindsay M Mains
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Louisiana State University Health Science Center and Children s Hospital, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Fertil Steril 89:228.e13-7. 2008To present the clinical, biochemical, and genetic features of a male pseudohermaphrodite whose condition was caused by 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 3 (17beta-HSD3) deficiency.
- Intra-adipose sex steroid metabolism and body fat distribution in idiopathic human obesityDeborah J Wake
Endocrinology Unit, Centre for Cardiovascular Science, Queen s Medical Research Institute, University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 66:440-6. 2007..We aimed to test associations between body fat or fat distribution and mRNA transcript levels for androgen and oestrogen receptors and for enzymes metabolizing sex steroids in adipose tissue...
- 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-3 deficiency: a rare endocrine cause of male-to-female sex reversalSilvano Bertelloni
Pediatric Endocrinology, Department of Reproductive Medicine and Paediatrics, University of Pisa, Santa Chiara Hospital, Pisa, Italy
Gynecol Endocrinol 22:488-94. 2006Deficiency of 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 (17beta-HSD3), due to mutations in the gene encoding the enzyme, results in a rare autosomal recessive form of male-to-female sex reversal...
- Crystal structures of mouse 17alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (apoenzyme and enzyme-NADP(H) binary complex): identification of molecular determinants responsible for the unique 17alpha-reductive activity of this enzymeFrédérick Faucher
Oncology and Molecular Endocrinology Research Center, Laval University Medical Center CHUL and Laval University, Quebec QC, Canada G1V 4G2
J Mol Biol 364:747-63. 2006..reduce keto groups situated at position C17 of the steroid nucleus, the human type 3 3alpha-HSD (h3alpha-HSD3), the human and mouse type 5 17beta-HSD, and the rabbit 20alpha-HSD, produce only 17beta-hydroxy derivatives, ..
- Characterization of cDNAs encoding cholesterol side chain cleavage and 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase in the freshwater stingray Potamotrygon motoroB Scott Nunez
Department of Marine Science, The University of Texas Marine Science Institute, Port Aransas, TX 78373, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 145:306-17. 2006..most other steroids requires both cholesterol side chain cleavage (CYP11A) and 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (HSD3)...
- Sequence of pig 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase Type3 cDNA and its expression in mammalian cellsShuji Ohno
Department of Biochemistry, Hoshi University College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 4 41 Ebara, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8501, Japan
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 101:145-50. 2006..To elucidate 17beta-HSD Type3 activity, the expression vector pCMV/pig17beta-HSD3 was established and transfected into human embryo kidney 293 cells...
- The molecular biology of androgenic 17 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenasesS Andersson
Department of Biochemistry, Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, NJ 07065, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 53:37-9. 1995..The 17 beta-HSD3 gene is mutated in male pseudohermaphrodites with the genetic disease 17 beta-HSD deficiency.
- Molecular Mechanisms of Human Retinal DiseaseGraeme Mardon; Fiscal Year: 2013..We recently identified the causative gene associated with LCA3, named SPATA7, which encodes a highly conserved but novel protein of unknown function and for which no animal ..
- Role of the Renin-Angiotensin System in the Regulation of Biliary ProliferationSHANNON STROUD GLASER; Fiscal Year: 2010....