Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HRMT1L1
Description: protein arginine methyltransferase 2
Alias: HRMT1L1, protein arginine N-methyltransferase 2, HMT1 (hnRNP methyltransferase, S. cerevisiae)-like 1, HMT1 hnRNP methyltransferase-like 1, PRMT2 alpha, PRMT2 beta, PRMT2 gamma, histone-arginine N-methyltransferase PRMT2
- Xu H, Xu S, Mo K. [Transcription of protein arginine N-methyltransferase genes in mouse dorsal root ganglia following peripheral nerve injury]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2017;37:1620-1625 pubmed..Periphery nerve injury induces Carm1 upregulation and Prmt8 downregulation in the injured DRG in mice, which sheds light on new targets for treatment of neuropathic pain. ..
- Katsanis N, Yaspo M, Fisher E. Identification and mapping of a novel human gene, HRMT1L1, homologous to the rat protein arginine N-methyltransferase 1 (PRMT1) gene. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:526-9 pubmed
- Yoshimoto T, Boehm M, Olive M, Crook M, San H, Langenickel T, et al. The arginine methyltransferase PRMT2 binds RB and regulates E2F function. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:2040-53 pubmed..Taken together, these findings demonstrate a novel mechanism for the regulation of E2F activity by a member of the protein arginine methyltransferase family. ..
- Pak M, Lakowski T, Thomas D, Vhuiyan M, Hüsecken K, Frankel A. A protein arginine N-methyltransferase 1 (PRMT1) and 2 heteromeric interaction increases PRMT1 enzymatic activity. Biochemistry. 2011;50:8226-40 pubmed publisher..On the basis of our findings, we propose that PRMT1 serves as the major methyltransferase in cells by forming higher-order oligomers with itself, PRMT2, and possibly other PRMTs. ..
- Campbell M, Chang P, Huerta S, Izumiya C, Davis R, Tepper C, et al. Protein arginine methyltransferase 1-directed methylation of Kaposi sarcoma-associated herpesvirus latency-associated nuclear antigen. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:5806-18 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that residue 20 is important for modulation of a subset of LANA functions and properties of this residue, including the hydrophobic character induced by arginine methylation, may contribute to the observed effects. ..
- Scott H, Antonarakis S, Lalioti M, Rossier C, Silver P, Henry M. Identification and characterization of two putative human arginine methyltransferases (HRMT1L1 and HRMT1L2). Genomics. 1998;48:330-40 pubmed..We now present the identification and characterization of two putative human arginine methyltransferases termed HRMT1L1 and HRMT1L2...
- Oh T, Bailey P, Dray E, Smith A, Goode J, Eriksson N, et al. PRMT2 and ROR? expression are associated with breast cancer survival outcomes. Mol Endocrinol. 2014;28:1166-85 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the role and significant correlation between a histone methyltransferase (PRMT2)-dependent signature, ROR?, the cell-cycle regulation, DNA repair circuits, and breast cancer survival outcomes. ..
- Zhong J, Cao R, Hong T, Yang J, Zu X, Xiao X, et al. Identification and expression analysis of a novel transcript of the human PRMT2 gene resulted from alternative polyadenylation in breast cancer. Gene. 2011;487:1-9 pubmed publisherThe arginine N-methyltransferase 2 protein (PRMT2, also known as HRMT1L1) is thought to act as a coactivator of ER?. The present results show the occurrence of a novel transcript by alternative polyadenylation in the human PRMT2 gene...
- Hussein M, Shrestha E, Ouimet M, Barrett T, Leone S, Moore K, et al. LXR-Mediated ABCA1 Expression and Function Are Modulated by High Glucose and PRMT2. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0135218 pubmed publisher..Thus, PRMT2 represents a glucose-sensitive factor that plays a role in LXR-mediated ABCA1-dependent cholesterol efflux and lends insight to the presence of increased atherosclerosis in diabetic patients. ..
- Crisci A, Raleff F, Bagdiul I, Raabe M, Urlaub H, Rain J, et al. Mammalian splicing factor SF1 interacts with SURP domains of U2 snRNP-associated proteins. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:10456-73 pubmed publisher..In addition, these findings may have implications for alternative splicing decisions. ..
- Lakowski T, Frankel A. Kinetic analysis of human protein arginine N-methyltransferase 2: formation of monomethyl- and asymmetric dimethyl-arginine residues on histone H4. Biochem J. 2009;421:253-61 pubmed publisher..Although PRMT2 activity is substantially lower than PRMT1 in vitro, the fact that both enzymes selectively methylate histone H4 suggest that PRMT2, like PRMT1, may act as a transcription co-activator through this modification. ..
- Chan J, Hsieh T, Liu S, Chou W, Chung M, Huang S. Physical and functional interactions between hnRNP K and PRMT family proteins. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:281-6 pubmed publisher..We believe these observations will help provide insights into the regulation of hnRNP K protein functions via the recruitment of its associated proteins, including its arginine methylation-modifying proteins...
- Ganesh L, Yoshimoto T, Moorthy N, Akahata W, Boehm M, Nabel E, et al. Protein methyltransferase 2 inhibits NF-kappaB function and promotes apoptosis. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:3864-74 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that PRMT2 inhibits cell activation and promotes programmed cell death through this NF-kappaB-dependent mechanism. ..
- Blanc R, Richard S. Arginine Methylation: The Coming of Age. Mol Cell. 2017;65:8-24 pubmed publisher..This review describes the recent molecular advances that have been uncovered in normal and diseased mammalian cells. ..
- Meyer R, Wolf S, Obendorf M. PRMT2, a member of the protein arginine methyltransferase family, is a coactivator of the androgen receptor. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2007;107:1-14 pubmed..Thus, it appears that the ligand-dependent AR conformation is essential for the recruitment and nuclear translocation of PMRT2 which acts as AR-coactivator, presumably by arginine methylation. ..
- Kzhyshkowska J, Schutt H, Liss M, Kremmer E, Stauber R, Wolf H, et al. Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein E1B-AP5 is methylated in its Arg-Gly-Gly (RGG) box and interacts with human arginine methyltransferase HRMT1L1. Biochem J. 2001;358:305-14 pubmed..Using yeast two-hybrid screening we identified HRMT1L1 (PRMT2) as one of the proteins interacting with E1B-AP5...
- Qi C, Chang J, Zhu Y, Yeldandi A, Rao S, Zhu Y. Identification of protein arginine methyltransferase 2 as a coactivator for estrogen receptor alpha. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:28624-30 pubmed..In this respect PRMT2 differs from coactivators PRMT1 and CARM1 (coactivator-associated arginine methyltransferase). These results suggest that PRMT2 is a novel ERalpha coactivator. ..
- Vhuiyan M, Pak M, Park M, Thomas D, Lakowski T, Chalfant C, et al. PRMT2 interacts with splicing factors and regulates the alternative splicing of BCL-X. J Biochem. 2017;162:17-25 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that active PRMT2 may play a role during inflammation in alternative splicing regulation. ..
- Zhong J, Cao R, Zu X, Hong T, Yang J, Liu L, et al. Identification and characterization of novel spliced variants of PRMT2 in breast carcinoma. FEBS J. 2012;279:316-35 pubmed publisher..PRMT2 (also known as HRMT1L1) is clearly involved in lung function, the inflammatory response, apoptosis promotion, Wnt signaling and leptin ..
- Zhong J, Cao R, Liu J, Liu Y, Wang J, Liu L, et al. Nuclear loss of protein arginine N-methyltransferase 2 in breast carcinoma is associated with tumor grade and overexpression of cyclin D1 protein. Oncogene. 2014;33:5546-58 pubmed publisherHuman protein arginine N-methyltransferase 2 (PRMT2, HRMT1L1) is a protein that belongs to the arginine methyltransferase family, and it has diverse roles in transcriptional regulation through different mechanisms depending on its ..