Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: hRED2
Description: adenosine deaminase, RNA-specific, B2
Alias: ADAR3, RED2, RED2 homolog, RNA-dependent adenosine deaminase 3, RNA-editing deaminase 2, RNA-editing enzyme 2, adenosine deaminase, RNA-specific, B2 (RED1 homolog rat), adenosine deaminase, RNA-specific, B2 (RED2 homolog rat), double-stranded RNA-specific editase B2, dsRNA adenosine deaminase B2, homolog of rat BLUE
- Adenosine deaminase binding to human CD26 is inhibited by HIV-1 envelope glycoprotein gp120 and viral particlesA Valenzuela
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
J Immunol 158:3721-9. 1997..Because ADA deficiency leads to severe combined immunodefiency syndrome, it remains possible that HIV particle-mediated blockade of ADA-CD26 interaction may have significant consequences in the pathogenesis of AIDS...
- Novel exon of mammalian ADAR2 extends open reading frameStefan Maas
Department of Biological Sciences, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e4225. 2009..Therefore, the characterization of ADAR expression and identification of alternative ADAR variants is an important prerequisite for understanding the mechanisms for regulation of RNA editing and the causes for deregulation in disease...
- RED2, a brain-specific member of the RNA-specific adenosine deaminase familyT Melcher
Laboratory for Neurobiology, Max Planck Institute for Medical Research, Jahnstrasse 12, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Biol Chem 271:31795-8. 1996..We now report the molecular cloning of cDNA for RED2 (alias ADARB2), a third member of the RNA-specific adenosine deaminase family in the rodent...
- Two sub-states of the red2 state of methyl-coenzyme M reductase revealed by high-field EPR spectroscopyDenise I Kern
Laboratorium fur Physikalische Chemie, ETH Zurich, Wolfgang Pauli Strasse 10, Zurich, Switzerland
J Biol Inorg Chem 12:1097-105. 2007..Addition of coenzyme B to the MCR-red1 state can partially and reversibly convert it into the MCR-red2 form, which shows a rhombic Ni(I)-based EPR signal (at X-band microwave frequencies of approximately 9.4 GHz)...
- Altered adenosine-to-inosine RNA editing in human cancerNurit Paz
Cancer Research Center, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
Genome Res 17:1586-95. 2007..Altered epigenetic control was recently shown to play a central role in oncogenesis. We suggest that A-to-I RNA editing may serve as an additional epigenetic mechanism relevant to cancer development and progression...
- Down-regulation of RNA editing in pediatric astrocytomas: ADAR2 editing activity inhibits cell migration and proliferationCaterina Cenci
RNA editing Laboratory, Ospedale Pediatrico Bambino Gesu Research Institute, Piazza S Onofrio 4, 00165 Rome, Italy
J Biol Chem 283:7251-60. 2008..However, high expression levels of ADAR1 and ADAR3 were found in tumors when compared with normal tissues dissected in the same area of the brain...
- A nickel hydride complex in the active site of methyl-coenzyme m reductase: implications for the catalytic cycleJeffrey Harmer
Centre for Advanced Electron Spin Resonance, Department of Chemistry, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, OX1 3QR, Oxford, United Kingdom
J Am Chem Soc 130:10907-20. 2008..We report here on the coordinated ligands of the two paramagnetic MCR red2 states, induced when HS-CoM (a reversible competitive inhibitor) and the second substrate HS-CoB or its analogue ..
- Expression of E-SOD, GPX5 mRNAs and immunoexpression of Cu/ZnSOD in epididymal epithelial cells of finasteride-treated ratsA Kolasa
Department of Histology and Embryology, Pomeranian Medical University, Szczecin, Poland
Andrologia 40:303-11. 2008..The 5alpha-reductase is known to exist in two isoforms. Both 5alpha-red1 and 5alpha-red2 catalyse the irreversible conversion of T into DHT...
- Origins and evolution of ADAR-mediated RNA editingYongfeng Jin
Institute of Biochemistry, College of Life Sciences, Zhejiang University Zijingang Campus, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, People s Republic of China
IUBMB Life 61:572-8. 2009..ADAR1 and ADAR2 arose by gene duplications in early metazoan evolution, approximately 700 million years ago, while ADAR3 and TENR might originate after Urochordata-Vertebrata divergence...
- Identification of a selective nuclear import signal in adenosine deaminases acting on RNAStefan Maas
Department of Biological Sciences, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 37:5822-9. 2009..We identify an in vivo ADAR3 interaction partner, importin alpha 1 (KPNA2) that specifically recognizes an arginine-rich ADAR3 sequence motif ..
- RNA editing genes associated with extreme old age in humans and with lifespan in C. elegansPaola Sebastiani
Department of Biostatistics, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e8210. 2009..The majority of genes found thus far to be associated with longevity primarily function in lipoprotein metabolism and insulin/IGF-1 signaling. There are likely many more genetic modifiers of human longevity that remain to be discovered...
- Binding of coenzyme B induces a major conformational change in the active site of methyl-coenzyme M reductaseSieglinde Ebner
Laboratory of Organic Chemistry, ETH Zurich, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
J Am Chem Soc 132:567-75. 2010..Here we show that the two MCR(red2) signals can also be induced by the S-methyl- and the S-trifluoromethyl analogs of coenzyme B...
- SARS coronavirus protein 7a interacts with human Ap4A-hydrolaseNatalia Vasilenko
Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization VIDO, University of Saskatchewan, 120 Veterinary Road, Saskatoon, SK S7N5E3, Canada
Virol J 7:31. 2010..Human tissue culture cells transiently expressing 7a and Ap4A-hydrolase tagged with EGFP and Ds-Red2 respectively show these proteins co-localize in the cytoplasm.
- [Establishment and characterization of a human gallbladder carcinoma cell line EH-GB1 originated from a metastatic tumor]Lin Fang Li
Eastern Hepatobiliary Surgery Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 32:84-7. 2010..To establish a human gallbladder carcinoma cell line derived from a metastatic gallbladder carcinoma and identify its biological characteristics...
- RNA interference of timeless gene does not disrupt circadian locomotor rhythms in the cricket Gryllus bimaculatusYoshiki Danbara
Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University, Okayama 700 8530, Japan
J Insect Physiol 56:1738-45. 2010..b>red2 (dsred2) dsrna...
- Genome-wide association study identifies BICD1 as a susceptibility gene for emphysemaXiangyang Kong
Research and Development, GlaxoSmithKline, 709 Swedeland Road, UW2230, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 183:43-9. 2011..Pulmonary emphysema is a major but variable component of COPD; familial data suggest that different components of COPD, such as emphysema, may be influenced by specific genetic factors...
- Radiation pharmacogenomics: a genome-wide association approach to identify radiation response biomarkers using human lymphoblastoid cell linesNifang Niu
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Genome Res 20:1482-92. 2010..Studies performed with LCLs can help to identify novel biomarkers that might contribute to variation in response to radiation therapy and enhance our understanding of mechanisms underlying that variation...
- Adenosine deaminases acting on RNA (ADARs) are both antiviral and proviralCharles E Samuel
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA 93106, USA
Virology 411:180-93. 2011..b>ADAR3, by contrast, has not yet been shown to be an active enzyme...
- Carbon monoxide dehydrogenase reaction mechanism: a likely case of abnormal CO2 insertion to a Ni-H(-) bondPatricia Amara
Laboratoire de Cristallographie et de Cristallogenèse des Protéines, Institut de Biologie Structurale J P Ebel CEA, CNRS, Université Joseph Fourier 41, rue Jules Horowitz, 38027 Grenoble, France
Inorg Chem 50:1868-78. 2011..the spectroscopically well-characterized catalytic intermediates, C(red1) and the two-electron more-reduced C(red2)...
- Editing of AMPA and serotonin 2C receptors in individual central neurons, controlling wakefulnessOlga A Sergeeva
Department of Neurophysiology, Heinrich Heine Universitat, POB 101007, 40001 Dusseldorf, Germany
Cell Mol Neurobiol 27:669-80. 2007..maximal editing was found in neurons expressing both ADAR2 splice variants of the deaminase domain and lacking ADAR3. (4) Editing of the 5-HT2cR did not correlate with ADAR expression...
- Evidence for a susceptibility locus on chromosome 10p15 in early-onset obsessive-compulsive disorderGregory L Hanna
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
Biol Psychiatry 62:856-62. 2007..The goal of this study was to identify chromosomal regions likely to contain susceptibility loci for obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)...
- Localization of a novel human RNA-editing deaminase (hRED2 or ADARB2) to chromosome 10p15L Mittaz
Department of Genetics and Microbiology, University of Geneva Medical School, Switzerland
Hum Genet 100:398-400. 1997..Here we report the mapping of the human RED2 (hRED2; ADARB2) gene...
- HIV-1 envelope gp120 and viral particles block adenosine deaminase binding to human CD26A Valenzuela
Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Quimica, Universidad de Barcelona, Spain
Adv Exp Med Biol 421:185-92. 1997..Since the interaction ecto-ADA/CD26 is required for the activation of T cells, it remains possible that HIV particle-mediated blockade of ecto-ADA/CD26 interaction may have significant consequences in the pathogenesis of AIDS disease...
- Candidate editases for GluR channels in single neurons of rat hippocampus and cerebellumG Kohr
Max Planck Institute for Medical Research, Molecular Neurobiology, Heidelberg, Germany
Neuropharmacology 37:1411-7. 1998..The recently cloned RNA dependent adenosine deaminases ADAR1, ADAR2 and ADAR3 form a small family of sequence-related candidate editases which are expressed in brain and other tissues at ..
- Reduced editing of low-affinity kainate receptor subunits in optic nerve glial cellsM P de Zulueta
Departamento de Neurociencias, Facultad de Medicina y Odontologia, Universidad del Pais Vasco, Leioa 48940, Biscay, Spain
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 73:104-9. 1999..In addition, we found that the adenosine deaminases, DRADA, RED1 and RED2, which edit ionotropic glutamate receptors in the brain, are expressed in the adult optic nerve and in ..
- Evidence for a proposed intermediate redox state in the CO/CO(2) active site of acetyl-CoA synthase (Carbon monoxide dehydrogenase) from Clostridium thermoaceticumD M Fraser
Departments of Chemistry and of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77842, USA
Biochemistry 38:15706-11. 1999..Subsequent treatment with CO or dithionite yielded C(red2). The EPR-silent state formed within 1 min of adding Ti(3+) citrate, while C(red2) formed after 60 min...
- A third member of the RNA-specific adenosine deaminase gene family, ADAR3, contains both single- and double-stranded RNA binding domainsC X Chen
The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
RNA 6:755-67. 2000..As originally reported for rat ADAR3 or RED2, purified ADAR3 proteins could not edit GluR-B RNA at the "Q/R" site, the "R/G" site, ..
- Comparative analysis of the RED1 and RED2 A-to-I RNA editing genes from mammals, pufferfish and zebrafishD Slavov
Eleanor Roosevelt Institute, Denver, CO 80206 1210, USA
Gene 250:41-51. 2000..In mammals, two such A-to-I RNA editases are RED1, which edits some serotonin and glutamate receptors, and RED2, with unidentified substrates...
- The HIV-1 gp120 inhibits the binding of adenosine deaminase to CD26 by a mechanism modulated by CD4 and CXCR4 expressionJ Blanco
Unité de Virologie et dImmunologie Cellulaire, ERS 572 CNRS, Institut Pasteur, 28 rue Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
FEBS Lett 477:123-8. 2000..These data suggest that the interaction of gp120 with CD4 or CXCR4 is required for efficient inhibition of ADA binding to CD26, although in the presence of CXCR4 the interaction of gp120 with CD4 may be dispensable...
- Comodulation of CXCR4 and CD26 in human lymphocytesC Herrera
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Barcelona, Marti i Franques 1, 08028 Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
J Biol Chem 276:19532-9. 2001..The physical association of CXCR4 and CD26, direct or part of a supramolecular structure, suggests a role on the function of the immune system and the pathophysiology of HIV infection...
- Requirement of dimerization for RNA editing activity of adenosine deaminases acting on RNADan Sung C Cho
Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 278:17093-102. 2003..Three vertebrate ADAR gene family members, ADAR1, ADAR2, and ADAR3, have been identified...
- Low editing efficiency of GluR2 mRNA is associated with a low relative abundance of ADAR2 mRNA in white matter of normal human brainYukio Kawahara
Department of Neurology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Eur J Neurosci 18:23-33. 2003..the first quantitative measurements of both mRNAs of the GluR subunits and mRNAs of the RNA editing enzymes ADAR1-ADAR3 in a comparison of the efficiency of editing at the Q/R site with the expression levels of ADAR mRNA in human ..
- Preferential accumulation of GABAA receptor gamma 2L, not gamma 2S, cytoplasmic loops at rat spinal cord inhibitory synapsesJochen Meier
Developmental Physiology, Johannes Müller Institute, Humboldt University Medical School Charité, Tucholskystrasse 2, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
J Physiol 559:355-65. 2004..Furthermore, upon PKC activation Discosoma Red2-tagged GABAAR gamma2L (DsRed 2::gamma2L) colocalized with gephyrin in transfected COS-7 cells...
- Light-response quantitative trait loci identified with composite interval and eXtreme array mapping in Arabidopsis thalianaDavid J Wolyn
Department of Plant Agriculture, University of Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1, Canada
Genetics 167:907-17. 2004..The RED2 and RED5 QTL were verified in segregating lines...
- ADAR1 RNA deaminase limits short interfering RNA efficacy in mammalian cellsWeidong Yang
The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 280:3946-53. 2005..Here we show that ADAR1 and ADAR2, but not ADAR3, avidly bind short interfering RNA (siRNA) without RNA editing...
- Identification of novel genomic markers related to progression to glioblastoma through genomic profiling of 25 primary glioma cell linesG Roversi
Department of Biology and Genetics, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Oncogene 25:1571-83. 2006....
- Targeting of products of genes to tumor sites using adoptively transferred A-NK and T-LAK cellsS Goding
Department of Immunology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Cancer Gene Ther 14:441-50. 2007..consistently resulted in high (>60%) transduction rates and substantial expression of transgenes such as GFP, Red2, luciferase, beta-galactosidase and mIL-12 for at least 4 days...
- Key pathways are frequently mutated in high-risk childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a report from the Children's Oncology GroupJinghui Zhang
St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN, USA
Blood 118:3080-7. 2011..These data extend the range of genes that are recurrently mutated in high-risk childhood B-precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia and highlight important new therapeutic targets for selected patient subsets...
- MECHANISM OF INTERFERON ACTIONCHARLES SAMUEL; Fiscal Year: 1980....
- MECHANISM OF INTERFERON ACTIONCHARLES SAMUEL; Fiscal Year: 2004..Furthermore, the elucidation of the actions of interferon at the molecular level is of immediate importance in view of the potential applications of IFN in the clinic. ..
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF DSRNA ADENOSINE DEAMINASEKazuko Nishikura; Fiscal Year: 2009..first identified member of the ADAR gene family; this in turn led to the identification and cloning of ADAR2 and ADAR3. During the current grant support period, we created an ADAR1 null mutation in mice that causes widespread ..
- Interaction between RNA interference and RNA editing pathwaysKazuko Nishikura; Fiscal Year: 2011..This in turn has led to the identification and cloning of ADAR2 and ADAR3. Furthermore, we have created an ADAR1-/- mutation in mice that causes widespread apoptosis and consequent ..
- Interaction between RNA interference and RNA editing pathwaysKazuko Nishikura; Fiscal Year: 2010..This in turn has led to the identification and cloning of ADAR2 and ADAR3. Furthermore, we have created an ADAR1-/- mutation in mice that causes widespread apoptosis and consequent ..
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF DSRNA ADENOSINE DEAMINASEKazuko Nishikura; Fiscal Year: 2007..first identified member of the ADAR gene family; this in turn led to the identification and cloning of ADAR2 and ADAR3. During the current grant support period, we created an ADAR1 null mutation in mice that causes widespread ..
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF DSRNA ADENOSINE DEAMINASEKazuko Nishikura; Fiscal Year: 2003..dsRNA adenosine gene family, which led to identification and cloning of the second and third members, ADAR2 and ADAR3. We and others have demonstrated that these recombinantly expressed deaminases can indeed execute or modulate the ..
- INTERFERON ACTION AND PROTEIN PHOSPHORYLATIONCHARLES SAMUEL; Fiscal Year: 2003..Elucidation of the actions of IFN at the molecular level is of immediate importance in view of the use of IFN in the clinic. ..
- INTERFERON ACTION AND PROTEIN PHOSPHORYLATIONCHARLES SAMUEL; Fiscal Year: 2001..Furthermore, the elucidation of the actions of IFN at the molecular level is of immediate importance in view of the potential applications of IFN in the clinic. ..
- 2/3-Brain Chemistry and Genetics in Pediatric Obsessive-Compulsive DisorderGregory L Hanna; Fiscal Year: 2010..By combining brain imaging and genetics, as we do in this proposal, we can better understand the biology of pediatric OCD and, in turn, develop more effective treatments for this severe form of childhood psychopathology. ..
- INTERFERON ACTION AND PROTEIN PHOSPHORYLATIONCharles E Samuel; Fiscal Year: 2010..Elucidation of the actions of interferon at the molecular level is of immediate importance in view of the use of interferon in the clinic. ..
- MECHANISM OF INTERFERON ACTIONCHARLES SAMUEL; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, elucidation of the actions of IFN at the molecular level is of importance in view of potential applications of interferon in the clinic. ..
- MECHANISM OF INTERFERON ACTIONCHARLES SAMUEL; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, elucidation of the actions of IFN at the molecular level is of importance in view of potential applications of interferon in the clinic. ..
- INTERFERON ACTION AND PROTEIN PHOSPHORYLATIONCHARLES SAMUEL; Fiscal Year: 2006..Elucidation of the actions of IFN at the molecular level is of immediate importance in view of the use of IFN in the clinic. ..
- Genetic Dissection of Sickle Cell Anemia PhenotypesPaola Sebastiani; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- INTERFERON ACTION AND PROTEIN PHOSPHORYLATIONCHARLES SAMUEL; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- INTERFERON ACTION AND PROTEIN PHOSPHORYLATIONCHARLES SAMUEL; Fiscal Year: 1991..The effect of IFN type (Alpha, Gamma) and cell type (epithelial, fibroblast) will be examined. Two dimensional electrophoresis and immunoblot procedures will be used to quantitate P1 and eIF-2Alpha phosphorylation...
- INTERFERON ACTION AND PROTEIN PHOSPHORYLATIONCHARLES SAMUEL; Fiscal Year: 2007..Elucidation of the actions of IFN at the molecular level is of immediate importance in view of the use of IFN in the clinic. ..
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDERGREGORY HANNA; Fiscal Year: 2001..Parametric and nonparametric linkage analyses will be performed. Once evidence for linkage between early-onset OCD and a genetic marker is found, more precise gene localization will be pursued. ..