Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HPS4
Description: Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome 4
Alias: Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome 4 protein, light-ear protein homolog
- The Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome 1 (HPS1) and HPS4 proteins are components of two complexes, BLOC-3 and BLOC-4, involved in the biogenesis of lysosome-related organellesPei Wen Chiang
Human Medical Genetics Program, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
J Biol Chem 278:20332-7. 2003..different loci have been associated with HPS in humans, the most frequent of which are mutations of the HPS1 and HPS4 genes...
- Biogenesis of lysosome-related organelles complex 3 (BLOC-3): a complex containing the Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome (HPS) proteins HPS1 and HPS4Ramin Nazarian
Department of Human Genetics, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:8770-5. 2003..Several HPS genes encode proteins of unknown function including HPS1, HPS3, and HPS4. Here we have identified and characterized endogenous HPS3 and HPS4 proteins from HeLa cells...
- Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome type 4 (HPS-4): clinical and molecular characteristicsPaul D Anderson
Medical Genetics Branch, MSC 1851, Building 10, Room 10C 103, NHGRI, NIH, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892 1851, USA
Hum Genet 113:10-7. 2003..HPS1, ADTB3A, HPS3, and HPS4, respectively...
- Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome is caused by mutations in HPS4, the human homolog of the mouse light-ear geneTamio Suzuki
Human Medical Genetics Program, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Nat Genet 30:321-4. 2002..We have identified and found mutations of the human le homolog, HPS4, in a number of non-Puerto Rican individuals with HPS, establishing HPS4 as an important HPS locus in humans...
- Platelet alpha granules in BLOC-2 and BLOC-3 subtypes of Hermansky-Pudlak syndromeMarjan Huizing
National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Section on Human Biochemical Genetics, Medical Genetics Branch, Bethesda, MD 20892 1851, USA
Platelets 18:150-7. 2007..Thus, it is unlikely that the generalized bleeding diathesis of HPS is attributed to a deficiency of alpha granules...
- BLOC-3, a protein complex containing the Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome gene products HPS1 and HPS4Jose A Martina
Cell Biology and Metabolism Branch, NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 278:29376-84. 2003..Here we report that the human HPS1 and HPS4 proteins are part of a complex named BLOC-3 (for biogenesis of lysosome-related organelles complex 3)...
- Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome: a disease of protein trafficking and organelle functionMaria L Wei
Department of Dermatology, Veterans Affairs Medical Center 190, University of California, 4150 Clement St, San Francisco, USA
Pigment Cell Res 19:19-42. 2006....
- HPS4/SABRE regulates plant responses to phosphate starvation through antagonistic interaction with ethylene signallingHailan Yu
MOE Key Laboratory of Bioinformatics, School of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University, Beijing, 100084, PR China
J Exp Bot 63:4527-38. 2012..In this work, an Arabidopsis mutant, hps4, was characterized that exhibits enhanced responses to Pi starvation, including increased inhibition of primary ..
- BLOC-3 mutated in Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome is a Rab32/38 guanine nucleotide exchange factorAndreas Gerondopoulos
Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QU, UK
Curr Biol 22:2135-9. 2012..However the molecular functions of the Hps1-Hps4 complex BLOC-3 remain mysterious...
- Assembly of the biogenesis of lysosome-related organelles complex-3 (BLOC-3) and its interaction with Rab9Daniel P Kloer
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, NIDDK, Eunice Kennedy Shriver NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 285:7794-804. 2010..HPS arises from mutations in any of 8 genes in humans and 16 genes in mice. Two of these genes, HPS1 and HPS4, encode components of the biogenesis of lysosome-related organelles complex-3 (BLOC-3)...
- A divalent interaction between HPS1 and HPS4 is required for the formation of the biogenesis of lysosome-related organelle complex-3 (BLOC-3)Carmelo Carmona-Rivera
University of Puerto Rico, School of Medicine, Department of Biochemistry, San Juan, PR 00936 5067, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1833:468-78. 2013..Two of these genes (HPS1 and HPS4) encode the HPS1 and HPS4 proteins, which assemble to form a complex known as Biogenesis of Lysosome-related ..
- Ileal Crohn's disease in a woman with Hermansky-Pudlak syndromeAntoine De Leusse
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 30:621-4. 2006..Ileitis was severe, and recurred rapidly after surgery. Search for mutations in HPS1, ADTB3A, HPS3, HPS4 and for CARD15 were negative...
- Structure and antioxidant activity study of sulfated acetamido-polysaccharide from Radix HedysariZilong Dang
School of Pharmacy, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou 730000, PR China
Fitoterapia 89:20-32. 2013A new sulfated acetamido-heteropolysaccharide, HPS4-2A, was obtained by aqueous extraction followed by precipitation with ethanol and fractionation with DEAE column chromatography from Radix Hedysari...
- The CHiPS Domain--ancient traces for the Hermansky-Pudlak syndromeMarta Hoffman-Sommer
Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Pawinskiego 5A, Warsaw 02 106, Poland
Traffic 6:534-8. 2005..been described as novel, but herein we report the identification of a conserved protein family which includes human HPS4, as well as distant homologs for other HPS genes...
- Intestinal disease in Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome: occurrence of colitis and relation to genotypeNadeem Hussain
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1851, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 4:73-80. 2006..This study aimed to document the occurrence of colitis among HPS patients, characterize gastrointestinal tract involvement in HPS, and analyze the distribution of colitis among HPS genotypes...
- Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome type 1: gene organization, novel mutations, and clinical-molecular review of non-Puerto Rican casesChristina R Hermos
Heritable Disorders Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1851, USA
Hum Mutat 20:482. 2002..Four human genes (HPS1, ADTB3A, HPS3, HPS4) are associated with four subtypes of HPS. The most common is HPS-1...
- Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome: vesicle formation from yeast to manMarjan Huizing
National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1851, USA
Pigment Cell Res 15:405-19. 2002..Four such genes, HPS1, ADTB3A, HPS3, and HPS4, are associated with the four known subtypes of HPS, i.e. HPS-1, HPS-2, HPS-3, and HPS-4...
- Cappuccino, a mouse model of Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome, encodes a novel protein that is part of the pallidin-muted complex (BLOC-1)Steven L Ciciotte
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Blood 101:4402-7. 2003..Four genes causing HPS in humans (HPS1-HPS4) are known, and at least 15 nonallelic mutations cause HPS in the mouse...
- Clinical, molecular, and cellular features of non-Puerto Rican Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome patients of Hispanic descentCarmelo Carmona-Rivera
Section on Human Biochemical Genetics, Medical Genetics Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1851, USA
J Invest Dermatol 131:2394-400. 2011..HPS1 and HPS4 form a stable complex named biogenesis of lysosome-related organelles complex (BLOC)-3, and patients with BLOC-3 or ..
- Antidiabetic properties of purified polysaccharide from Hedysarum polybotrysFangdi Hu
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Lanzhou University, 222 Tianshui Road, Lanzhou 730000, China
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 88:64-72. 2010..the antidiabetic properties of 4 purified fractions of different molecular weight range HPSs (HPS1, HPS2, HPS3, HPS4)...
- Early origin of genes encoding subunits of biogenesis of lysosome-related organelles complex-1, -2 and -3Verónica T Cheli
Department of Human Genetics, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Gonda 6357B, 695 Charles E Young Dr S, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7088, USA
Traffic 11:579-86. 2010..However, the yeast proteins Mon1, Ccz1 and She3 have been reported to display homology to the HPS1 and HPS4 subunits of BLOC-3 and the BLOS2 subunit of BLOC-1, respectively...
- Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome type 4 in a patient from Sri Lanka with pulmonary fibrosisEsther B Bachli
Department of Medicine, University Hospital Zurich, Raemistrasse 100, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Am J Med Genet A 127:201-7. 2004..Six human genes HPS1, ADB3A, HPS3, HPS4, HPS5, and HPS6 have been identified as cause of the six known subtypes of HPS...
- Silencing by small RNAs is linked to endosomal traffickingYoung Sik Lee
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Cell Biology, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Nat Cell Biol 11:1150-6. 2009..Blocking the maturation of MVBs into lysosomes by loss of the tethering factor HPS4 (ref...
- Comprehensive analysis of oculocutaneous albinism among non-Hispanic caucasians shows that OCA1 is the most prevalent OCA typeSaunie M Hutton
Human Medical Genetics Program, University of Colorado Denver, Anshutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Invest Dermatol 128:2442-50. 2008..with "classical" OCA (TYR, OCA2, TYRP1, SLC45A2), the two principal genes associated with syndromic OCA (HPS1, HPS4), and a candidate OCA gene (SILV), in 121 unrelated, unselected non-Hispanic/Latino Caucasian patients carrying the ..
- A comprehensive genetic study of autosomal recessive ocular albinism in Caucasian patientsSaunie M Hutton
Human Medical Genetics Program, University of Colorado Denver, Anshutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:868-72. 2008..The purpose of this study was to characterize the relative prevalence of different genetic forms of AROA, and to characterize a sample repertoire of gene mutations in a large series of Caucasian patients with AROA...
- Reduced pigmentation (rp), a mouse model of Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome, encodes a novel component of the BLOC-1 complexBabette Gwynn
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main St, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Blood 104:3181-9. 2004..BLOC-2, consisting of HPS6/ruby-eye, HPS5/ruby-eye-2, and HPS3/cocoa; and BLOC-3, consisting of HPS1/pale ear and HPS4/light ear. Here, we report the cloning of the mouse HPS mutation reduced pigmentation (rp)...
- Identification of novel transcribed sequences on human chromosome 22 by expressed sequence tag mappingM Hirosawa
Kazusa DNA Research Institute, Kisarazu, Chiba, Japan
DNA Res 8:1-9. 2001..In conclusion, the mapping of ESTs derived from long cDNAs followed by sequencing of the entire cDNAs provided indispensable information for the precise annotation of genes on the genome together with ESTs derived from short cDNAs...
- Role of BLOC-3 in Lysosome and Melanosome BiogenesisESTEBAN DELL ANGELICA; Fiscal Year: 2007..The goal of this project is to elucidate the function(s) of the products of the HPS1 and HPS4 genes, which are associated with two severe forms of HPS...
- Molecular Mechanisms of Gene Silencing by RNAiRichard Carthew; Fiscal Year: 2007..of the pathway: a Drosophila homolog of a F-box ubiquitin ligase FBXO11, and the Drosophila homolog to human HPS4, which is a protein associated with recycling endosomes...
- Molecular Mechanisms of Gene Silencing by RNAiRichard Carthew; Fiscal Year: 2007..of the pathway: a Drosophila homolog of a F-box ubiquitin ligase FBXO11, and the Drosophila homolog to human HPS4, which is protein associated with recycling endosomes...
- Molecular Mechanisms of Gene Silencing by RNAiRichard W Carthew; Fiscal Year: 2010..of the pathway: a Drosophila homolog of a F-box ubiquitin ligase FBXO11, and the Drosophila homolog to human HPS4, which is a protein associated with recycling endosomes...
- Mechanisms of Hypopigmentation in Hermansky-Pudlak SyndromeMARIA WEI; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal focuses on the immediate goals of determining the functions of selected HPS gene products in melanocytes and learning how these ubiquitous proteins regulate melanosome biogenesis and function. ..