Gene Symbol: HPIV3gp4
Description: C protein
Species: Human parainfluenza virus 3
- Inhibition of STAT 1 phosphorylation by human parainfluenza virus type 3 C proteinAchut G Malur
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Section Virology NN 10, Department of Molecular Biology, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195 5178, USA
J Virol 79:7877-82. 2005..Taken together, our results indicate that HPIV 3 C protein is capable of counteracting the interferon signaling pathway by specifically inhibiting the activation of STAT 1...
- Genetic characterization of parainfluenza virus 3 derived from guinea pigsK Ohsawa
Laboratory Animal Center for Biomedical Research, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 60:919-22. 1998..The results of the phylogenetic analysis clearly showed that GPv is a lineage of human PIV-3, suggesting that GPv has probably been introduced into guinea pig colonies via infected humans...
- Mutations in the C, D, and V open reading frames of human parainfluenza virus type 3 attenuate replication in rodents and primatesA P Durbin
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Virology 261:319-30. 1999..These results indicate that the C, D, and V proteins of HPIV3 each has a role in virus replication in vitro, in vivo, or both, and define mutations that might be useful for the development of a vaccine against HPIV3...
- Mutations within the human parainfluenza virus type 3 (HPIV 3) C protein affect viral replication and host interferon inductionGreg Wells
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, 600 Moye Boulevard, Greenville, NC 27834, USA
Virus Res 167:385-90. 2012..Taken together, these results suggest that mutations within the C protein differentially affect viral replication and host interferon induction...
- Evidence for phosphorylation of human parainfluenza virus type 3 C protein: mutant C proteins exhibit variable inhibitory activities in vitroAchut G Malur
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Brody School of Medicine, Biotech 124, East Carolina University, 600 Moye Boulevard, Greenville, NC 27834, USA
Virus Res 144:180-7. 2009..Taken together, our results indicate that phosphorylation may differentially affect the inhibitory activity of C protein thereby regulating viral RNA synthesis...
- Domain within the C protein of human parainfluenza virus type 3 that regulates interferon signalingHongxia Mao
Virology Section, Department of Molecular Genetics, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Gene Expr 15:43-50. 2010..Furthermore, our results indicate that the charged amino acid residues within the N-terminal region of the C protein regulate the antagonistic effect of the C protein on IFN signaling...