Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HOMER3
Description: homer scaffold protein 3
Alias: HOMER-3, VESL3, homer protein homolog 3, Homer, neuronal immediate early gene, 3, homer homolog 3, homer scaffolding protein 3
- Zhu M, Zuo J, Shen J, Jing W, Luo P, Li N, et al. Diagnostic Potential of Differentially Expressed Homer1 and Homer2 in Ischemic Stroke. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;39:2353-2363 pubmed..RT-qPCR was performed to detect the expression of Homer1, Homer2, and Homer3. We found that the mRNA levels of Homer1 (p<0.001) and Homer2 (p<0...
- Jarius S, Metz I, König F, Ruprecht K, Reindl M, Paul F, et al. Screening for MOG-IgG and 27 other anti-glial and anti-neuronal autoantibodies in 'pattern II multiple sclerosis' and brain biopsy findings in a MOG-IgG-positive case. Mult Scler. 2016;22:1541-1549 pubmed..anti-Ca/RhoGTPase-activating protein 26 (ARHGAP26), anti-Sj/inositol-1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor 1 (ITPR1), anti-Homer3, anti-carbonic anhydrase-related protein (CARPVIII), anti-protein kinase gamma (PKCgamma), anti-glutamate receptor ..
- Fan P, Cunliffe H, Griffith O, Agboke F, Ramos P, Gray J, et al. Identification of gene regulation patterns underlying both oestrogen- and tamoxifen-stimulated cell growth through global gene expression profiling in breast cancer cells. Eur J Cancer. 2014;50:2877-86 pubmed publisher..4-OHT was more potent than E2 in up-regulating some membrane remodelling molecules, such as EHD2, FHL2, HOMER3 and RHOF...
- Ruegsegger C, Stucki D, Steiner S, Angliker N, Radecke J, Keller E, et al. Impaired mTORC1-Dependent Expression of Homer-3 Influences SCA1 Pathophysiology. Neuron. 2016;89:129-46 pubmed publisher..Our work reveals that impaired mTORC1-Homer-3 activity underlies PC susceptibility in SCA1 and presents a promising therapeutic target. ..
- Jarius S, Wildemann B. 'Medusa-head ataxia': the expanding spectrum of Purkinje cell antibodies in autoimmune cerebellar ataxia. Part 1: Anti-mGluR1, anti-Homer-3, anti-Sj/ITPR1 and anti-CARP VIII. J Neuroinflammation. 2015;12:166 pubmed publisher..Part 1 focuses on anti-metabotropic glutamate receptor 1-, anti-Homer protein homolog 3-, anti-Sj/inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor- and anti-carbonic anhydrase-related protein VIII-..
- Feng W, Tu J, Yang T, Vernon P, Allen P, Worley P, et al. Homer regulates gain of ryanodine receptor type 1 channel complex. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:44722-30 pubmed..This form of regulation may be important in other cell types that express Homer and RyR1. ..
- Kyratzi E, Efthimiopoulos S. Calcium regulates the interaction of amyloid precursor protein with Homer3 protein. Neurobiol Aging. 2014;35:2053-63 pubmed publisher..In this study, we investigated the effect of Ca(2+) homeostasis alterations on APP/Homer3 interaction...
- Scoles D, Meera P, Schneider M, Paul S, Dansithong W, Figueroa K, et al. Antisense oligonucleotide therapy for spinocerebellar ataxia type 2. Nature. 2017;544:362-366 pubmed publisher..protein levels of several SCA2-related proteins expressed in Purkinje cells, including Rgs8, Pcp2, Pcp4, Homer3, Cep76 and Fam107b...
- Yatherajam G, Banerjee P, McCorkell K, Solt L, Hanson E, Madge L, et al. Cutting edge: association with I kappa B kinase beta regulates the subcellular localization of Homer3. J Immunol. 2010;185:2665-9 pubmed publisherThe signaling and adaptor protein Homer3 plays a role in controlling immune homeostasis and self-reactivity...
- Parisiadou L, Bethani I, Michaki V, Krousti K, Rapti G, Efthimiopoulos S. Homer2 and Homer3 interact with amyloid precursor protein and inhibit Abeta production. Neurobiol Dis. 2008;30:353-64 pubmed publisher..In this study, we provide evidence that Homer2 and Homer3 but not Homer1 proteins interact specifically with APP...
- Schreiner D, Müller K, Hofer H. The intracellular domain of the human protocadherin hFat1 interacts with Homer signalling scaffolding proteins. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:5295-300 pubmed..As Homer proteins and Fat1 have been both linked to psychic disorders, their interaction may be of patho-physiological importance. ..
- Soloviev M, Ciruela F, Chan W, McIlhinney R. Molecular characterisation of two structurally distinct groups of human homers, generated by extensive alternative splicing. J Mol Biol. 2000;295:1185-200 pubmed..The existence of the long and the short variants of each of the Homer-1, Homer-2 and Homer-3 proteins reflects the fundamental principles of Homer functions. ..
- Li Z, Qiu H, Jiao Y, Cen J, Fu C, Hu S, et al. Growth and differentiation effects of Homer3 on a leukemia cell line. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14:2525-8 pubmed..also known as the family of cytoplasmic scaffolding proteins, which include three subtypes (Homer1, Homer2, Homer3)...
- Rezvani K, Baalman K, Teng Y, Mee M, Dawson S, Wang H, et al. Proteasomal degradation of the metabotropic glutamate receptor 1? is mediated by Homer-3 via the proteasomal S8 ATPase: Signal transduction and synaptic transmission. J Neurochem. 2012;122:24-37 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that long Homer-3 proteins control the degradation of mGluR1? receptors by shuttling ubiquitinated mGluR-1? receptors to the 26S proteasome via the S8 ATPase which may modulate synaptic transmission. ..
- Hayashi M, Tang C, Verpelli C, Narayanan R, Stearns M, Xu R, et al. The postsynaptic density proteins Homer and Shank form a polymeric network structure. Cell. 2009;137:159-71 pubmed publisher..We propose that the Homer-Shank complex serves as a structural framework and as an assembly platform for other PSD proteins. ..
- Cooper S, Hanson I. A screen for proteins that interact with PAX6: C-terminal mutations disrupt interaction with HOMER3, DNCL1 and TRIM11. BMC Genet. 2005;6:43 pubmed..Three novel PAX6-interacting proteins were identified: the post-synaptic density (PSD) protein HOMER3, the dynein subunit DNCL1, and the tripartite motif protein TRIM11...
- Ishiguro K, Xavier R. Homer-3 regulates activation of serum response element in T cells via its EVH1 domain. Blood. 2004;103:2248-56 pubmed..These findings suggest that Homer-3 may be involved in the regulation of SRE activation in T cells via interaction between its EVH1 domain and C/EBP beta. ..
- Yuan J, Kiselyov K, Shin D, Chen J, Shcheynikov N, Kang S, et al. Homer binds TRPC family channels and is required for gating of TRPC1 by IP3 receptors. Cell. 2003;114:777-89 pubmed..Since H1a is transcriptionally regulated by cellular activity, this mechanism can affect both short and long-term regulation of TRPC1 function. ..
- Norton N, Williams H, Williams N, Spurlock G, Zammit S, Jones G, et al. Mutation screening of the Homer gene family and association analysis in schizophrenia. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2003;120B:18-21 pubmed..05). Our results suggest it is unlikely that sequence variants in the Homer genes contribute to the aetiology of schizophrenia, but the variants we identified are plausible candidates for other neuropsychiatric phenotypes. ..
- Brakeman P, Lanahan A, O Brien R, Roche K, Barnes C, Huganir R, et al. Homer: a protein that selectively binds metabotropic glutamate receptors. Nature. 1997;386:284-8 pubmed..This dynamic transcriptional control suggests that Homer mediates a novel cellular mechanism that regulates metabotropic glutamate signalling. ..
- Wu J, Pipathsouk A, Keizer Gunnink A, Fusetti F, Alkema W, Liu S, et al. Homer3 regulates the establishment of neutrophil polarity. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:1629-39 pubmed publisher..Through affinity chromatography using primary neutrophil lysate, we identify Homer3 as a novel GÎ±i2-binding protein...