Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HOMER2
Description: homer scaffolding protein 2
Alias: ACPD, CPD, HOMER-2, VESL-2, cupidin, homer homolog 2, homer homolog 3, homer protein homolog 2, homer, neuronal immediate early gene, 2
Publications159 found, 100 shown here
- Homer binds a novel proline-rich motif and links group 1 metabotropic glutamate receptors with IP3 receptorsJ C Tu
Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Neuron 21:717-26. 1998..These studies identify a novel mechanism in calcium signaling and provide evidence that an IEG, whose expression is driven by synaptic activity, can directly modify a specific synaptic function...
- Ionotropic glutamate receptor types leading to adenosine-mediated inhibition of electrically evoked [3H]-noradrenaline release in rabbit brain cortex slicesI von Kugelgen
Pharmakologisches Institut, Freiburg, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 110:1544-50. 1993..NMDA; 30-300 microM) but not the metabotropic glutamate receptor agonist, 1-amino-1,3-cyclopentanedicarboxylate (ACPD; 10-100 microM) reduced the electrically evoked overflow of tritium. 3...
- Modulation of cyclic AMP formation by putative metabotropic receptor agonistsJ Cartmell
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Nottingham Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre
Br J Pharmacol 111:364-9. 1994..2. 1-Aminocyclopentane-1S,3R-dicarboxylate (1S,3R-ACPD), L-2-amino-4-phosphonobutanoate (L-AP4) and (2S,3S,4S)-alpha-(carboxycyclopropyl)glycine (L-CCG-I), elicited ..
- Modulation of NMDA effects on agonist-stimulated phosphoinositide turnover by memantine in neonatal rat cerebral cortexR Mistry
Department of Cell Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Leicester, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 114:797-804. 1995..accumulation in response to a sub-maximal concentration of the metabotropic glutamate receptor agonist, 1S,3R-ACPD (10 microM). 4. The small (approx...
- Induction of a novel form of hippocampal long-term depression by muscimol: involvement of GABAA but not glutamate receptorsS Akhondzadeh
Pharmacology Laboratories, University of Glasgow
Br J Pharmacol 115:527-33. 1995..Similarly, quisqualic acid and (1S, 3R)-aminocyclopentane dicarboxylic acid (ACPD) a selective agonist at metabotropic receptors did not induce LTD or short-term depression, whereas kynurenic acid ..
- A comparison of the effects of selective metabotropic glutamate receptor agonists on synaptically evoked whole cell currents of rat spinal ventral horn neurones in vitroC Q Cao
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, University Walk, Bristol
Br J Pharmacol 115:1469-74. 1995..were depressed reversibly by the metabotropic glutamate agonists 1S3S-1-aminocyclopentane-1,3-dicarboxylate (1S3S-ACPD) (EC50 17.1 microM +/- 0.3 s.e. mean, n = 14) and L-2-amino-4-phosphonobutanoate (L-AP4) (EC50 = 2.19 +/- 0...
- Broad-spectrum virus reduction in red cell concentrates using INACTINE PEN110 chemistryA Lazo
V I Technologies, Inc, 134 Coolidge Avenue, Watertown, MA 02472, USA
Vox Sang 83:313-23. 2002..The purpose of this study was to characterize the virucidal effectiveness of the INACTINE PEN110 chemistry in full units of RBCC by using a panel of viruses with diverse properties in composition, size and shape...
- Actions of two new antagonists showing selectivity for different sub-types of metabotropic glutamate receptor in the neonatal rat spinal cordD E Jane
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, Bristol
Br J Pharmacol 112:809-16. 1994..has been differentiated from the similar effects produced by (1S,3R)-1-aminocyclopentane-1,3-dicarboxylate ((1S,3R)-ACPD), (1S,3S)-ACPD and (2S,3S,4S)-alpha-(carboxycyclopropyl)glycine (L-CCG-I), and from the postsynaptic motoneuronal ..
- The prescription of peritoneal dialysisAntonios H Tzamaloukas
Renal Section, Department of Medicine, New Mexico VA Health Care System, 1501 San Pedro, SE, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
Semin Dial 21:250-7. 2008..maintenance of normal extracellular electrolyte composition, the prescription of continuous peritoneal dialysis (CPD) should address four other specific issues: (i) prevention of uremia by achievement of adequate clearance of ..
- Scrotal edema secondary to fluid imbalance in patients on continuous peritoneal dialysisMuniru Adeniyi
Section of Nephrology, Raymond G Murphy VA Medical Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87108, USA
Adv Perit Dial 25:68-71. 2009..sac or into the anterior abdominal wall through the track of the catheter for continuous peritoneal dialysis (CPD)--scrotal edema in CPD patients may result from generalized volume retention...
- Modulatory effects of NMDA on phosphoinositide responses evoked by the metabotropic glutamate receptor agonist 1S,3R-ACPD in neonatal rat cerebral cortexR A Challiss
Department of Cell Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Leicester
Br J Pharmacol 112:231-9. 1994..in response to the metabotropic glutamate receptor agonist 1-aminocyclopentane-1S,3R-dicarboxylic acid (1S,3R-ACPD) has been examined in neonatal rat cerebral cortex slices. 2...
- Persistent ERK phosphorylation negatively regulates cAMP response element-binding protein (CREB) activity via recruitment of CREB-binding protein to pp90RSKZiqiu Wang
Liver Cancer Center, Thomas E Starzl Transplantation Institute, Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Biol Chem 278:11138-44. 2003Compound 5 (Cpd 5) or 2-(2-mercaptoethanol)-3-methyl-1,4-naphthoquinone, is an inhibitor of protein phosphatase Cdc25A and causes persistent activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) and cell growth inhibition...
- Analysis of gene- and strand-specific repair in the moderately UV-sensitive Saccharomyces cerevisiae rad23 mutantR A Verhage
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Leiden Institute of Chemistry, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Mutat Res 362:155-65. 1996..investigate whether the rad23 mutant has similar strand-specific repair characteristics we analyzed gene-specific CPD removal from several loci using strand-specific probes but did not detect any repair...
- [Value of the association of blood cardioplegia and energetic warm reperfusion in cardiac transplantation]A Pavie
Service de chirurgie cardiovasculaire, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 84:795-800. 1991..Reinjection every 20 minutes allows cellular reoxygenation, the delivery of essential elements (Tham, CPD), and the elimination of products of myocardial degradation accumulated during ischemia...
- Excitatory amino acid receptor-stimulated phosphoinositide turnover in primary cerebrocortical culturesG J Birrell
Parke Davis Pharmaceutical Research Division, Warner Lambert Company, Ann Arbor, MI 48106
Br J Pharmacol 109:379-85. 1993..amino acid receptor agonists were quisqualate, (1S,3R)-1-aminocyclopentane-1,3-dicarboxylic acid ((1S,3R)-ACPD), ibotenate and glutamate with mean EC50 values of 0.9 +/- 0...
- Peptide aldehyde complexes with wheat serine carboxypeptidase II: implications for the catalytic mechanism and substrate specificityT L Bullock
Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Oregon, Eugene 97403, USA
J Mol Biol 255:714-25. 1996The structures of two ternary complexes of wheat serine carboxypeptidase II (CPD-WII), with a tetrapeptide aldehyde and a reaction product arginine, have been determined by X-ray crystallography at room temperature and -170 degrees...
- Effectiveness of a high school smoking cessation programW P Adelman
Division of General Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Pediatrics 107:E50. 2001..To evaluate the impact of a school-based smoking cessation program targeting adolescents interested in quitting...
- Increasing the dialysis volume and frequency in a fixed period of time in CPD patients: the effect on Kpt/V and creatinine clearancePeter H Juergensen
New Haven CAPD, New Haven, Connecticut 06511, USA
Perit Dial Int 22:693-7. 2002..recommendations for weekly Kt/V(urea) and weekly total creatinine clearance (CC) in chronic peritoneal dialysis (CPD) patients...
- Intermittent versus continuous intraperitoneal glycopeptide/ceftazidime treatment in children with peritoneal dialysis-associated peritonitis. The Mid-European Pediatric Peritoneal Dialysis Study Group (MEPPS)F Schaefer
Division of Pediatric Nephrology, University Children s Hospital, Heidelberg, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 10:136-45. 1999..administration appears as a practical and economical therapeutic concept in continuous peritoneal dialysis (CPD)-related peritonitis, but the equivalence of this principle with standard continuous treatment awaits confirmation ..
- Signal transduction pathways involved in the acute potentiation of NMDA responses by 1S,3R-ACPD in rat hippocampal slicesJ Harvey
Department of Pharmacology, Medical School, University of Birmingham
Br J Pharmacol 109:1085-90. 1993..the acute potentiation of N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) responses by aminocyclopentane-1S,3R-dicarboxylic acid (1S,3R-ACPD) in area CA1 of rat hippocampal slices. 2...
- The metabotropic glutamate receptors of the vestibular organsP S Guth
Department of Pharmacology, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA 70112 2699, USA
Hear Res 125:154-62. 1998..The mGluR agonist +/- 1-aminocyclopentane-trans-1,3-dicarboxylate (ACPD) produced an increase in afferent firing rates of the ampullar nerve of the intact posterior canal...
- Metabotropic glutamate receptors (mGluRs) are involved in early phase of memory formation: possible role of modulation of glutamate releaseElzbieta Salinska
Department of Neurochemistry, Medical Research Centre, Polish Academy of Sciences, Pawinskiego 5, 02 106 Warsaw, Poland
Neurochem Int 43:469-74. 2003..I.c.v. injection of the mGluRs agonist 1-aminocyclopentane-1,3-dicarboxylic acid (ACPD) can impair memory formation in some types of learning task...
- Metabotropic glutamate receptors modulate synaptic transmission in the perforant path: pharmacology and localization of two distinct receptorsD Dietrich
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Bonn Medical Center, Germany
Brain Res 767:220-7. 1997..In the present study, the specific mGluR agonists (1S,3R)-1-aminocyclopentane-1,3-dicarboxylic acid ((1S,3R)-ACPD) and L(+)-2-amino-4-phosphonobutyric acid (L-AP4) depressed field excitatory postsynaptic potentials (fEPSPs) in ..
- Protein phosphatase 2A binds to the cytoplasmic tail of carboxypeptidase D and regulates post-trans-Golgi network traffickingO Varlamov
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Cell Sci 114:311-22. 2001Carboxypeptidase D (CPD) is a transmembrane protein that processes proteins in the trans-Golgi network (TGN). A 20-residue region within the cytoplasmic tail of CPD binds protein phosphatase 2A (PP2A)...
- Cone-beam computerized tomographic, radiographic, and histologic evaluation of periapical repair in dogs' post-endodontic treatmentFrancisco Wanderley Garcia de Paula-Silva
Department of Pediatric Clinics, School of Dentistry of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 108:796-805. 2009..To evaluate the periapical repair after root canal treatment in the teeth of dogs using CT and conventional radiography and to compare these findings with the gold standard microscopic evaluation...
- Changes in polymorphonuclear leukocyte elastase concentrations and hemolysis parameters in patients transfused with different blood preparations, and in the blood preparations themselvesTomoki Nishiyama
Department of Anesthesiology, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Anesth 22:117-24. 2008..The purpose of this study was to compare hemolysis and PMNE concentrations in massive blood transfusions with three different preparations...
- Contrast sensitivity after implantation of a spherical versus an aspherical intraocular lens in biaxial microincision cataract surgerySabine Kurz
Department of Ophthalmology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Langenbeckstrasse 1, 55131 Mainz, Germany
J Cataract Refract Surg 33:393-400. 2007....
- Modulation of plateau properties in dorsal horn neurones in a slice preparation of the turtle spinal cordR E Russo
Department of Medical Physiology, Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
J Physiol 499:459-74. 1997..2. Application of cis-(+/-)-1-aminocyclopentane-1,3-dicarboxylic acid (ACPD, 10-50 microM) produced a slow depolarization (5.9 +/- 0...
- Spectroscopic studies of peroxyacetic acid reaction intermediates of cytochrome P450cam and chloroperoxidaseV Schunemann
Institute of Physics, Medical University Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, D 23538 Lubeck, Germany
J Inorg Biochem 91:586-96. 2002It is generally assumed that the putative compound I (cpd I) in cytochrome P450 should contain the same electron and spin distribution as is observed for cpd I of peroxidases and catalases and many synthetic cpd I analogues...
- Self-assessment in CPD: lessons from the UK undergraduate and postgraduate education domainsTim Dornan
University of Manchester, Manchester, England
J Contin Educ Health Prof 28:32-7. 2008..is moving from credit-earning, taught continuing medical education (CME) to a continuing professional development (CPD) system that explicitly links education to change in practice, managed and monitored through mandatory peer ..
- Temperature-sensitive photoreactivation of cyclobutane thymine dimer in soybeanAyumi Yamamoto
Graduate School of Life Sciences, Tohoku University, Japan
J Radiat Res 49:189-96. 2008UV radiation induces the formation of two classes of photoproducts in DNA, the cyclobutane pyrimidine dimer (CPD) and the pyrimidine 6-4 pyrimidone photoproduct...
- Chronic peritoneal dialysis catheters in children: a fifteen-year experience of the Italian Registry of Pediatric Chronic Peritoneal DialysisStefano Rinaldi
Department of Nephrology and Urology, Bambino Gesu Children s Research Hospital, Piazza S Onofrio 4, 00165 Rome, Italy
Perit Dial Int 24:481-6. 2004To analyze data on 503 chronic peritoneal dialysis (CPD) catheters implanted between 1986 and 2000 in pediatric patients enrolled in the Italian Registry of Pediatric Chronic Peritoneal Dialysis (the Registry), comparing three different ..
- A review of the efficacy of smoking-cessation pharmacotherapies in nonwhite populationsGisela I Robles
Department of Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy, Nova Southeastern University, Ft Lauderdale, Florida 33328, USA
Clin Ther 30:800-12. 2008..Research suggests that behavioral support strategies and pharmacotherapy can improve abstinence rates. However, both approaches, especially pharmacotherapy, have been understudied in nonwhite US populations...
- Pharmacology of postsynaptic metabotropic glutamate receptors in rat hippocampal CA1 pyramidal neuronesC H Davies
Department of Pharmacology, Medical School, University of Birmingham
Br J Pharmacol 116:1859-69. 1995..were observed with concentrations (50-100 microM) of (1S,3R)-1-aminocyclopentane-1,3-dicarboxylic acid ((1S,3R)-ACPD) and (1S,3S)-ACPD that exhibit little or no activity at group III mGluRs but which activate groups I and II mGluRs...
- Effects of a selective metabotropic glutamate receptor agonist on the micturition reflex pathway in urethane-anesthetized ratsHiroshi Tanaka
The Department of Urology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Neurourol Urodyn 22:611-6. 2003..To determine a possible role of metabotropic glutamate receptors in the spinobulbospinal micturition reflex pathway in the rat...
- What do you mean you can't sterilize it? The reusable medical device matrixAnne Stephens
University Health Network, Toronto General Hospital, USA
Can Oper Room Nurs J 28:6-11, 20-4. 2010..will be referred to as RMDs and include all instrumentation and devices that the Central Processing Department (CPD) resterilizes for use in the hospital. Patient safety in surgery begins in CPD...
- Metabotropic glutamate receptor agonist increases neuropeptide mRNA expression in rat striatumJ Q Wang
Department of Pharmacology, Howard University College of Medicine, 520 W Street NW, Washington, DC 20059, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 54:262-9. 1998..the effects of acute injection of the selective mGluR agonist (1S,3R)-1-aminocyclopentane-1,3-dicarboxylic acid (ACPD) on behavior and striatal neuropeptide mRNA expression were evaluated in chronically-cannulated rats...
- Regulation of immediate early gene c-fos and zif/268 mRNA expression in rat striatum by metabotropic glutamate receptorJ Q Wang
Department of Pharmacology, Howard University College of Medicine, 520 W Street NW, Washington, DC 20059, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 57:46-53. 1998..pharmacological activation of metabotropic glutamate receptors by intrastriatal injection of a selective agonist, ACPD, elevated immediate early gene c-fos and zif/268 mRNA expression in the injected dorsal striatum as revealed by ..
- Randomised trial investigating effect of a novel nicotine delivery device (Eclipse) and a nicotine oral inhaler on smoking behaviour, nicotine and carbon monoxide exposure, and motivation to quitK O Fagerstrom
Smokers Information Center and Fagerstrom Consulting, Helsingborg, Sweden
Tob Control 9:327-33. 2000..The smoker's own brand of cigarette and a nicotine replacement product (Nicotrol inhaler) were used as comparisons...
- Pharmacological similarity between the retinal APB receptor and the family of metabotropic glutamate receptorsN Tian
Department of Biophysical Sciences, School of Medicine, State University of New York, Buffalo 14214
J Neurophysiol 71:2258-68. 1994..experiments in the amphibian retina to examine the effects of 1-amino-1,3-cyclopentanedicarboxylic acid (1S,3R ACPD), which is a selective agonist for the family of metabotropic glutamate receptors. 2...
- Measurement of adherence, drug concentrations and the effectiveness of artemether-lumefantrine, chlorproguanil-dapsone or sulphadoxine-pyrimethamine in the treatment of uncomplicated malaria in MalawiDavid J Bell
Tropical and Infectious Diseases Unit, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Liverpool L7 8XP, UK
Malar J 8:204. 2009..At the time of this study, artemether-lumefantrine (AL) and chlorproguanil-dapsone (CPD), both multi-dose regimes, were considered possible alternatives to SP in Malawi...
- Presynaptic group II metabotropic glutamate receptors reduce stimulated and spontaneous transmitter release in human dentate gyrusD Dietrich
Experimental Neurophysiology, Department of Neurosurgery, University Clinic Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Neuropharmacology 42:297-305. 2002..The broad spectrum mGluR agonist (1S, 3R)-1-aminocyclopentane-1,3-dicarboxylic acid (ACPD) profoundly and reversibly reduced field EPSPs (fEPSPs) with an EC(50) of 30+/-7.4 microM...
- K vitamins, PTP antagonism, and cell growth arrestBrian I Carr
Liver Cancer Center, Starzl Transplantation Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Cell Physiol 193:263-74. 2002..b>Cpd 5 or [2-(2-mercaptoethanol)-3-methyl-1,4-naphthoquinone] is one of the most potent...
- Use of the TAT in the assessment of DSM-IV cluster B personality disordersS J Ackerman
Department of Psychology, University of Arkansas, USA
J Pers Assess 73:422-48. 1999..borderline personality disorder (BPD), narcissistic personality disorder (NPD), and Cluster C personality disorder (CPD)...
- Continuing professional development is associated with increasing physical therapists' roles in arthritis management in Canada and the NetherlandsLinda C Li
Department of Physical Therapy, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Phys Ther 90:629-42. 2010This study explored the relationships among the roles assumed by physical therapists in arthritis care and their previous participation in arthritis courses for continuing professional development (CPD).
- Continuing professional development and social accountability: a review of the literatureLisa J Fleet
Memorial University of Newfoundland, St Johns, NL, Canada
J Interprof Care 22:15-29. 2008..to the society they serve is not a new concept and by the 1990 s, the continuing professional development (CPD) of health professionals was being seen as one way in which Canadians' level of health could be improved...
- Clostridial antibody response from injection-site lesions in beef cattle, long-term response to single or multiple doses, and response in newborn beef calvesT R Troxel
University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service, Little Rock 72203, USA
J Anim Sci 79:2558-64. 2001..08) and 84 (P < 0.07) compared with non-lesioned heifers. Clostridium sordellii (CS) and perfringens type D (CPD) antibody titers were greater in lesioned heifers than in non-lesioned heifers on d 28 and 56. In Exp...
- Safety and efficacy of the nicotine patch and gum for the treatment of adolescent tobacco addictionEric T Moolchan
Teen Tobacco Addiction Research Clinic, Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics Research Branch, National Institute on Drug Abuse, Intramural Research Program, 5500 Nathan Shock Dr, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Pediatrics 115:e407-14. 2005..To determine the safety and efficacy of the nicotine patch and gum for adolescents who want to quit smoking...
- Adaptive enhancement and kinetics of nucleotide excision repair in humansN Ye
Beckman Research Institute, Department of Biology, City of Hope Medical Center, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Mutat Res 435:43-61. 1999..dose of quinacrine mustard (QM) preceded the UVC challenge, the duration of the cyclobutane pyrimidine dimer (CPD) repair lags were reduced by a factor of three and the kinetic half-lives for CPD repair were reduced by a factor ..
- A prospective multicentre study of the nutritional status in children on chronic peritoneal dialysisAlberto Edefonti
Pediatric Renal Unit of Clinica Pediatrica G e D de Marchi, Fondazione Policlinico, Mangiagalli, Regina Elena, Milano, Italy
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:1946-51. 2006..score is a recently proposed objective method of assessing malnutrition in children on chronic peritoneal dialysis (CPD) that uses nine parameters based on anthropometry, skinfold thickness and bioimpedance analysis...
- Changes in hemorheological and biochemical parameters following short-term and long-term smoking cessation induced by nicotine replacement therapy (NRT)K O Haustein
Fritz Lickint Institute for Nicotine Research and Smoking Cessation, Erfurt, Germany
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 42:83-92. 2004..We investigated the effect of stopping smoking by using nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) on hemorheology parameters, on the cotinine and thiocyanate plasma concentrations and the exhaled carbon monoxide (CO)...
- Fasciola hepatica: histological changes in the reproductive structures of triclabendazole (TCBZ)-sensitive and TCBZ-resistant flukes after treatment in vivo with TCBZ and the related benzimidazole derivative, Compound AlphaR E B Hanna
Veterinary Sciences Division, Agri Food and Biosciences Institute, Stormont, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Vet Parasitol 168:240-54. 2010..after infection the lambs were treated with TCBZ (10mg/kg) or with the experimental fasciolicide, Compound Alpha (Cpd alpha), a benzimidazole derivative of TCBZ (15mg/kg)...
- A free energy calculation study of the effect of H-->F substitution on binding affinity in ligand-antibody interactionsMinoru Saito
Faculty of Science and Technology, Hirosaki University, 3 Bunkyo cho, Hirosaki, Aomori 036 8561, Japan
J Comput Chem 26:272-82. 2005..attributable to H-->F substitution by comparing results for CPDs containing a trifluoroacetylamino group (CPD-F) or an acetylamino group (CPD-H). The calculated DeltaDeltaG, DeltaDeltaH, and -TDeltaDeltaS values were -2.9, -6...
- Spatial luminance contrast sensitivity measured with transient VEP: comparison with psychophysics and evidence of multiple mechanismsGivago S Souza
Departamento de Fisiologia, Universidade Federal do Para, Brazil
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:3396-404. 2007..To compare the spatial luminance contrast sensitivity function (CSF) obtained with transient visual evoked potentials (VEPs) with that obtained with psychophysical measurements...
- Power Doppler ultrasound imaging for quantification of urinary bladder neck blood flow changesAntonius Schuster
Department of Radiology, LKH Feldkirch, Feldkirch A 6800, Austria
Ultrasound Med Biol 30:1379-84. 2004..Computer-assisted calculation of color pixel density (CPD) of power Doppler images was performed using Scion Image) software image analysis...
- Smoking reduction fails to improve clinical and biological markers of cardiac disease: a randomized controlled trialAnne M Joseph
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55414, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 10:471-81. 2008..received counseling and nicotine replacement therapy to encourage > or =50% reduction in cigarettes per day (CPD)...
- Ultraviolet-induced cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers are selectively removed from transcriptionally active genes in the epidermis of the hairless mouseH J Ruven
Department of Radiation Genetics and Chemical Mutagenesis, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Cancer Res 53:1642-5. 1993This study describes the induction and repair of UV-induced cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPD) in transcriptionally active and inactive genes in the epidermis of the hairless mouse...
- 6MAP, a fluorescent adenine analogue, is a probe of base flipping by DNA photolyaseKongsheng Yang
Department of Chemistry, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122, USA
J Phys Chem B 111:10615-25. 2007..We have used the fluorescent adenine analogue 6MAP, a pteridone, to probe the local double helical structure of the CPD substrate when bound by photolyase...
- Induction and inhibition of cyclobutane pyrimidine dimer photolyase in etiolated cucumber (Cucumis sativus) cotyledons after ultraviolet irradiation depends on wavelengthYuichi Takeuchi
Department of Bioscience and Technology, School of Engineering, Hokkaido Tokai University, Sapporo, Japan
J Plant Res 120:365-74. 2007..maximum energy at 327 nm) the activity of DNA photolyase specific to cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPDs), CPD photolyase, increased by an amount which depended on UV irradiance, and the level of CPD photolyase gene (CsPHR) ..
- Scottish pharmacists' views and attitudes towards continuing professional developmentAilsa Power
NHS Education for Scotland, 2 Central Quay, 89 Hydepark St, Glasgow G3 8BW, Scotland
Pharm World Sci 30:136-43. 2008To summarise Scottish pharmacists' views and attitudes towards Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Treatment and outcome of CPD-associated peritonitisLaura Troidle
New Haven CAPD, Renal Research Institute, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob 5:6. 2006b>CPD-associated peritonitis is a leading cause of morbidity and mortality for ESRD patients maintained on CPD therapy. The percentage of ESRD patients maintained on CPD therapy is declining...
- Task-dependent role for dorsal striatum metabotropic glutamate receptors in memoryM G Packard
Department of Psychology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8025, USA
Learn Mem 8:96-103. 2001..0, 2.0 mM/0.5 microL), the group I/II mGluR agonist 1-aminocyclopentane-1,3-carboxylic acid (ACPD; 0.5 or 1.0 microM/0...
- Nutrition indices in obese continuous peritoneal dialysis patients with inadequate and adequate urea clearanceAntonios H Tzamaloukas
Renal Section, New Mexico Veterans Affairs Health Care System, Albuquerque 87108, USA
Perit Dial Int 22:506-12. 2002To test whether better nutrition is associated more with adequate urea clearance than with inadequate urea clearance in obese patients on continuous peritoneal dialysis (CPD).
- Structure-function analysis of inositol hexakisphosphate-induced autoprocessing of the Vibrio cholerae multifunctional autoprocessing RTX toxinKaterina Prochazkova
Department of Microbiology Immunology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 303 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Biol Chem 283:23656-64. 2008..Autoprocessing of this toxin by an embedded cysteine protease domain (CPD) is essential for this toxin to induce actin depolymerization in a broad range of cell types...
- The influence of continuing professional development portfolio records on pharmacy practiceAndrzej J Kostrzewski
Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, Pharmacy Department, Guy s Hospital, London
Int J Pharm Pract 17:107-13. 2009..of this study was to undertake an in-depth investigation of the influence of continuing professional development (CPD) portfolios on pharmacy practice in the hospital setting...
- Challenges of treating patients with chronic pain with dysphagia (CPD): physician and patient perspectivesJoseph V Pergolizzi
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC, USA, and Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 30:191-202. 2014..The objective of this study was to survey physicians and patients in the US to understand their knowledge, attitudes, and clinical management/analgesic usage patterns in the treatment of patients with chronic pain with dysphagia (CPD).
- MAGE-A3 with cell-penetrating domain as an efficient therapeutic cancer vaccineRamesh B Batchu
Laboratory of Surgical Oncology and Developmental Therapeutics, Department of Surgery, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan2John D Dingell VA Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan
JAMA Surg 149:451-7. 2014..Various cell-penetrating domains (CPDs) are known to ferry covalently linked heterologous antigens to the intracellular compartment by traversing the plasma membrane...
- AP-1A controls secretory granule biogenesis and trafficking of membrane secretory granule proteinsMathilde Bonnemaison
Department of Molecular Biology and Biophysics, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT, 06030, USA
Traffic 15:1099-121. 2014..The reduced μ1A levels interfered with the normal trafficking of carboxypeptidase D (CPD) and peptidylglycine α-amidating monooxygenase-1 (PAM-1), integral membrane enzymes that enter immature SGs...
- QM/MM study of mechanisms for compound I formation in the catalytic cycle of cytochrome P450camJingjing Zheng
Max Planck Institut fur Kohlenforschung, Kaiser Wilhelm Platz 1, D 45470 Mulheim an der Ruhr, Germany
J Am Chem Soc 128:13204-15. 2006..dioxygen complex, there are fast proton transfers that lead to the formation of the active species, Compound I (Cpd I), which are not well understood because they occur so rapidly...
- New features in the catalytic cycle of cytochrome P450 during the formation of compound I from compound 0Devesh Kumar
Department of Organic Chemistry and the Lise Meitner Minerva Center for Computational Quantum Chemistry, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 91904 Jerusalem, Israel
J Phys Chem B 109:19946-51. 2005..of the catalytic cycle of the enzyme cytochrome P450, namely, the formation of the active species, Compound I (Cpd I), from the ferric-hydroperoxide species (Cpd 0) by a protonation-assisted mechanism...
- Inhibition of rat liver regeneration after partial hepatectomy and induction of ERK phosphorylation by Cpd 5, a K vitamin-based anticancer compoundSiddhartha Kar
Department of Surgery, Liver Cancer Center, Starzl Transplantation Institute, University of Pittsburgh, E1552 Biomedical Science Tower, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Carcinogenesis 25:2345-51. 2004Thioalkyl K vitamin derivatives, like 2-(2-mercaptoethanol)-3-methyl-1,4-naphthoquinone (Cpd 5), have been shown to inhibit both hepatoma cell growth and DNA synthesis in rat hepatocytes in vitro...
- In vivo deamination of cytosine-containing cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers in E. coli: a feasible part of UV-mutagenesisA Burger
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Mutat Res 522:145-56. 2003We have estimated in vivo deamination rates for cytosines in cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPD or PyPy) in UV-irradiated E. coli deficient in uracil DNA glycosylase...
- Transient and sustained ERK phosphorylation and nuclear translocation in growth controlTakahito Adachi
Department of Surgery, Thomas E Starzl Transplantation Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Cell Physiol 192:151-9. 2002..We examined the effects of epidermal growth factor (EGF), a growth stimulant, and compound 5 (Cpd 5), a protein-tyrosine phosphatase (PTPase) inhibitor, which inhibits the growth of the same Hep3B hepatoma cells...
- Reconsideration of delayed gastric emptying in pancreaticoduodenectomyYan Shen Shan
Department of Surgery, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
World J Surg 29:873-9; discussion 880. 2005..is higher after pylorus-preserving pancreaticoduodenectomy (PPPD) than after conventional pancreaticoduodenectomy (CPD), but DGE is traditionally diagnosed from patient-reported subjective sensations...
- CPD photolyase gene from Spinacia oleracea: repair of UV-damaged DNA and expression in plant organsRyouhei Yoshihara
The United Graduate School of Agricultural Sciences, Tottori University, Japan
J Radiat Res 46:157-64. 2005..Specific damage to DNA caused by UV radiation involves the cyclobutyl pyrimidine dimers (CPD) and the pyrimidine (6-4) pyrimidone photoproducts...
- Spinal canal narrowing during simulated frontal impactPaul C Ivancic
Biomechanics Research Laboratory, Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar St, P O Box 208071, New Haven, CT 06520 8071, USA
Eur Spine J 15:891-901. 2006..using a biofidelic whole cervical spine model with muscle force replication, were to quantify canal pinch diameter (CPD) narrowing during frontal impact and to evaluate the potential for cord compression...
- Fluorinated Cpd 5, a pure arylating K-vitamin derivative, inhibits human hepatoma cell growth by inhibiting Cdc25 and activating MAPKSiddhartha Kar
Liver Cancer Center, Starzl Transplantation Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh PA, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 72:1217-27. 2006..Among these, Cpd 5 was the most potent...
- Small solute clearances and nutrition indices in obese patients on continuous peritoneal dialysisAntonios H Tzamaloukas
Renal Section, New Mexico VA Health Care System, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Adv Perit Dial 18:40-3. 2002..the relationship between obesity, small-solute clearances, and nutrition in continuous peritoneal dialysis (CPD), we compared clearances and nutrition indices between 270 obese and 502 normal-weight CPD patients...
- Modulation of dendritic release of dopamine by metabotropic glutamate receptors in rat substantia nigraJorge M Campusano
Laboratory of Biochemical Pharmacology, Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Biological Sciences, Catholic University of Chile, Alameda 340, P O Box 114 D, Santiago, Chile
Biochem Pharmacol 63:1343-52. 2002..trans-(+/-)-1-Amino-(1S,3R)-cyclopentane dicarboxylic acid (trans-ACPD; 100 and 600 microM), a group I and II mGluR agonist, evoked the release of [(3)H]DA from nigral slices...
- [The study of chronic partial denervation and quality of life in patients with motor neuron disease treated with semax]A V Serdiuk
Zh Nevrol Psikhiatr Im S S Korsakova 107:29-39. 2007The study of chronic partial denervation (CPD) and quality of life was carried out in 27 patients with definite, probable and possible diagnosis of motor neuron disease (MND) treated with semax (1% solution)...
- Selection of virulent isolates of entomopathogenic hyphomycetes against Clavigralla tomentosicollis Stål. and evaluation in cage experiment using three cowpea varietiesS Ekesi
Department of Crop Protection, Ahmadu Bello University, PMB 1044, Zaria, Nigeria
Mycopathologia 148:131-9. 1999..At all concentrations, Beauveria bassiana CPD 9 and Metarhizium anisopliae CPD 5 caused the highest mortality in adult bug ranging from 58 to 97% and 53 to 100%, ..
- Alkaline CPD and the preservation of RBC 2,3-DPGJohn R Hess
Blood Research Detachment, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, MD 20307, USA
Transfusion 42:747-52. 2002..Alkaline additive solutions, which can preserve RBCs for up to 11 weeks, still do not preserve 2,3-DPG because the starting pH is below 7.2...
- Global Adult Tobacco Survey (GATS): a case for change in definition, analysis and interpretation of "cigarettes" and "cigarettes per day" in completed and future surveysPratap Kumar Jena
Project STEPS, Public Health Foundation of India, New Delhi, India and Heath Systems Research India Initiative, Bangalore, India
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 14:3299-304. 2013The Global Adult Tobacco Survey has 15 key indicators, cigarettes smoked per day (CPD) among daily smokers being one of them...
- Homer regulates the association of group 1 metabotropic glutamate receptors with multivalent complexes of homer-related, synaptic proteinsB Xiao
Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Neuron 21:707-16. 1998..These observations support a model in which the dynamic expression of Homer 1a competes with constitutively expressed CC-Homers to modify synaptic mGluR properties...
- Catalases versus peroxidases: DFT investigation of H₂O₂ oxidation in models systems and implications for heme protein engineeringPietro Vidossich
Unitat de Quimica Fisica, Departament de Quimica, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Bellaterra, Spain
J Inorg Biochem 117:292-7. 2012..Both enzymes use one molecule of hydrogen peroxide to form a high valent iron intermediate named Compound I (Cpd I)...
- The interplay of genes and adolescent development in substance use disorders: leveraging findings from GWAS meta-analyses to test developmental hypotheses about nicotine consumptionScott I Vrieze
University of Minnesota, 75 East River Road, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Hum Genet 131:791-801. 2012The present study evaluated gene by development interaction in cigarettes smoked per day (CPD) in a longitudinal community-representative sample (N = 3,231) of Caucasian twins measured at ages 14, 17, 20, and 24...
- A continuous professional development process for first-year pharmacy studentsRichard O'Brocta
Wegmans School of Pharmacy, St John Fisher College, Rochester, NY 14618, USA
Am J Pharm Educ 76:29. 2012To develop, pilot test, and evaluate a continuous professional development (CPD) process for first-year pharmacy (P1) students.
- Carboxypeptidase D is up-regulated in raw 264.7 macrophages and stimulates nitric oxide synthesis by cells in arginine-free mediumV Hadkar
Departments of Pharmacology and Anesthesiology, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Mol Pharmacol 59:1324-32. 2001Membrane-bound carboxypeptidase D (CPD) is a B-type carboxypeptidase that specifically cleaves C-terminal Arg or Lys from peptides and proteins. RAW 264...
- The relationship between cigarette use, nicotine dependence, and craving in laboratory volunteersEric C Donny
Department of Psychology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 10:934-42. 2008Data from epidemiological studies suggest that individual differences in cigarettes per day (CPD) and duration of smoking account for only a small portion of the variance in Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (4th ed...
- Composition, structure and substrate properties of reconstituted discoidal HDL with apolipoprotein A-I and cholesteryl esterAlexander D Dergunov
National Research Centre for Preventive Medicine, Moscow, Russia
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 75:1100-7. 2010..PLPC), palmitoyloleoylphosphatidylcholine (POPC), and fluorescent probe cholesteryl 1-pyrenedecanoate (CPD) that forms in a diffusion- and concentration-dependent manner short-lived dimer of unexcited and excited molecules ..
- UVB-induced cyclobutane pyrimidine dimer frequency correlates with skin cancer mutational hotspots in p53R Drouin
Department of Medical Biology, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Photochem Photobiol 66:719-26. 1997..The mutations are probably caused by unrepaired UV-induced cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPD) and possibly by the less frequent pyrimidine (6-4) pyrimidone photoproducts...
- Quantum mechanical/molecular mechanical study on the mechanisms of compound I formation in the catalytic cycle of chloroperoxidase: an overview on heme enzymesHui Chen
Institute of Chemistry and The Lise Meitner Minerva Center for Computational Quantum Chemistry, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
J Phys Chem B 112:9490-500. 2008The formation of Compound I (Cpd I), the active species of the enzyme chloroperoxidase (CPO), was studied using QM/MM calculation...
- Cupidin, an isoform of Homer/Vesl, interacts with the actin cytoskeleton and activated rho family small GTPases and is expressed in developing mouse cerebellar granule cellsY Shiraishi
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
J Neurosci 19:8389-400. 1999A developmentally regulated Homer/Vesl isoform, Cupidin (Homer 2a/Vesl-2Delta11), was isolated from postnatal mouse cerebellum using a fluorescent differential display strategy...
- Sources of variation in estimates of lean body mass by creatinine kinetics and by methods based on body water or body mass index in patients on continuous peritoneal dialysisAntonios H Tzamaloukas
Nephrology Section, Raymond G Murphy Veterans Administration Medical Center and University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87108, USA
J Ren Nutr 20:91-100. 2010We identified factors that account for differences between lean body mass computed from creatinine kinetics (LBM(cr)) and from either body water (LBM(V)) or body mass index (LBM(BMI)) in patients on continuous peritoneal dialysis (CPD).
- Invariance of long-term visual priming to scale, reflection, translation, and hemisphereJ Fiser
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Center for Visual Sciences, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14627, USA
Vision Res 41:221-34. 2001..subjects named images of common objects presented for 185 ms that were bandpass filtered, either at high (10 cpd) or at low (2 cpd) center frequency with a 1...
- Continuous peritoneal dialysis compared with daily hemodialysis in patients with acute kidney injuryDaniela Ponce Gabriel
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, Botucatu School of Medicine, Sao Paulo State University, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Perit Dial Int 29:S62-71. 2009..We performed a prospective study to determine the effect of continuous peritoneal dialysis (CPD), as compared with daily hemodialysis (dHD), on survival among patients with AKI.
- A hermeneutic phenomenological study of community nurses' CPDMaggi Banning
School of Health and Social Care, Uxbridge
Br J Community Nurs 13:178-82. 2008Continuing professional development (CPD) is a mandatory aspect of nurse registration. In the NHS, more demanding professional roles compel nurses to develop and update their knowledge and skills through CPD...
- Replicated genetic evidence supports a role for HOMER2 in schizophreniaWilliam P Gilks
Neuropsychiatric Genetics Research Group, Institute for Molecular Medicine and Department of Psychiatry, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
Neurosci Lett 468:229-33. 2010..Following a search for functionally relevant genes with evidence of linkage to schizophrenia, we selected HOMER2 for as a candidate gene for investigation using a multi-stage association design...
- Dual action of metabotropic glutamate receptor agonists on neuronal excitability and synaptic transmission in spinal ventral horn neurons in vitroA E King
Department of Physiology, University of Leeds, U K
Neuropharmacology 35:1673-80. 1996..Trans-1-Aminocyclopentane-1,3 -dicarboxylate (trans-ACPD), its stereoisomer (1S,3R)-1-aminocyclopentane-1,3-dicarboxylate ((1S,3R)-ACPD) and (2S,3S,4S)-alpha-(..
- Photoprotection by 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D and analogs: further studies on mechanisms and implications for UV-damageR S Mason
Department of Physiology, Bosch Institute, Anderson Stuart Bldg F13, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 121:164-8. 2010..1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 (1,25D) reduces UV-induced DNA damage in the form of cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPD) in human keratinocytes in culture and in mouse and human skin...
- Pharmacological characterization of the metabotropic glutamate receptor inhibiting D-[3H]-aspartate output in rat striatumG Lombardi
Dipartimento di Farmacologia Preclinica e Clinica Mario Aiazzi Mancini, , Italy
Br J Pharmacol 110:1407-12. 1993..1S,3S,4S)-(carboxycyclopropyl)glycine (L-CCG-I), (1S,3R)-1-aminocyclopentane-1,3-dicarboxylic acid (1S,3R-ACPD) and quisqualic acid (Quis). 2-Amino-4-phosphonobutyrate (L-AP4) was inactive up to 300 microM...
- Prevention of UV-carcinogenesis through DNA repair-dependent immunomodulationHui Xu; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have demonstrated that silymarin has the ability to enhance the removal or repair of CPD+ cells in UV-exposed skin, and inhibits UVB-induced suppression of the contact hypersensitivity response in mice...
- DNA Repair Enzymes for the Prevention of Skin CancerAmanda K McCullough; Fiscal Year: 2013..plan that targets three markets: 1) individuals who are deficient in the normal DNA repair mechanism for CPD removal (conducted under Orphan Drug Status), 2) organ transplant patients who are highly susceptible to frequent, ..
- Novel UV-induced DNA lesions as new signature mutations for melanomaJue Judy Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013..cancers by mutating the cellular DNA, currently known UVB-signature mutations from intrastrand pyrimidine dimers (CPD dimers) only account for the less deadly, non-melanoma skin cancers (BCC, SCC)...
- Understanding Sources of Bias and Outcomes in Peritoneal Dialysis Patient ResearcKamyar Kalantar Zadeh; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proportion of individuals with advanced chronic kidney disease who undergo chronic peritoneal dialysis (CPD) treatment, currently <8% of the 400,000 dialysis patients in the USA, has been declining steadily in the past ..
- Prevention of photocarcinogenesis by dietary immunomodulationSantosh Kumar Katiyar; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our pilot studies suggest that GSPs have the ability to enhance the removal or repair of CPD+ cells in UV-exposed skin and our preliminary data further indicate that GSPs can act to enhance the removal of ..
- Novel AMPK Activators in Breast Cancer PreventionChing Shih Chen; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our screening of an in-house, thiazolidinedione-based focused compound library identified a lead agent, Cpd 53, that despite lacking PPAR agonist activity, activates AMPK and inhibits LPS-induced IL-6 secretion in THP-1 ..
- Adolescent Binge Drinking Increases Adult Alcohol Intake: Glutamate MechanismsDeborah A Finn; Fiscal Year: 2013..by a metabotropic receptor subtype 5 (mGluR5) antagonist, and it upregulated nucleus accumbens (NAc) mGluR5-Homer2-phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) signaling...
- DNA PHOTOLESION STRUCTURE-ACTIVITY RELATIONSHIPSJOHN STEPHEN ADOLFINO TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2013..to TT mutations that occur mainly at methylated CpG sites that are also hotspots for cyclobutane pyrimidine dimer (CPD) formation...
- Genetics of Nicotine DependenceWade H Berrettini; Fiscal Year: 2013..A genome-wide association (WGA) study of cigarettes per day (CPD), as a quantitative trait, was conducted with ~ 7500 individuals of European origin...
- Understanding Disparities in Quitting in African American and White SmokersNicole L Nollen; Fiscal Year: 2013..known study to report on the use of varenicline in As, the first to examine varenicline in light smokers (<10 cpd) and among a wide range of smoking levels (3-20 cpd), the first head-to-head study, stratified on race, designed to ..
- Skin Cancer Chemoprevention by Silibinin: Mechanisms and EfficacyRajesh Agarwal; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have also found that silibinin lowers UVB-caused DNA damage in terms of cyclobutane pyrimidine dimmer (CPD) positive cells and further enhances p53 protein level in mouse skin epidermal cell, and selectively increases E2F1 ..
- REGULATION OF NEURONAL CALCIUM CHANNELSJEFFRY LANSMAN; Fiscal Year: 2000..Investigations of the ability of the mGluR1 agonist, t-ACPD (1-aminocyclopentane-trans-1,3-dicarboxylic acid) to facilitate or increase a dihydropyridine-sensitive L-type ..
- Functional characterization of Rho inactivation by Vibro cholerae RTX toxinBRETT L GEISSLER; Fiscal Year: 2010..actin, the Rho-inactivation domain (RID) that is sufficient for inactivating Rho, and the cysteine protease domain (CPD) whose function is unknown...
- Chemically Interrogating Clostridium difficile Glucosylating Toxin ActivationAimee Shen; Fiscal Year: 2010..I have discovered a unique mechanism of protease activation and delineated a role for a cysteine protease domain (CPD) in autoprocessing a newly recognized family of bacterial toxins...
- Piezoelectric Pipetting for High Density Nucleic Acid Programmable Protein ArraysPETER J WIKTOR; Fiscal Year: 2011..LaBaer's Center for Personalized Diagnostics (CPD), Biodesign Institute, Arizona State University...
- Piezoelectric Pipetting for High Density Nucleic Acid Programmable Protein ArraysPETER J WIKTOR; Fiscal Year: 2013..LaBaer's Center for Personalized Diagnostics (CPD), Biodesign Institute, Arizona State University...
- Contingency Management for Smoking Cessation in the HomelessCarla J Rash; Fiscal Year: 2013..Abbreviations: CM = Contingency management CO = Carbon monoxide CPD = Cigarettes per day LDA = Longest duration of continuous verified abstinence NRT = Nicotine replacement therapy ..
- The role of glucocerebrosidase in Parkinson's diseaseRoy Alcalay; Fiscal Year: 2013..these signs and symptoms compared to age and gender matched controls from the Center of Parkinson's Disease (CPD) at Columbia University...
- Molecular regulation of CeA glutamate and binge drinkingKaren Kathleen Szumlinski; Fiscal Year: 2013..A significant body of functional data from my laboratory demonstrates that alcohol-induced increases in mGluR5/Homer2 pathway activity (via PI3K and PKC[unreadable]) within the nucleus accumbens (NAC) shell as important for the ..
- The Etiology of UV-Induced MelanomaDavid L Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2010..g., the cyclobutane pyrimidine dimer or CPD) is required for CMM formation and that the ability to repair these lesions plays a significant role in tumor ..
- An Activity-Based Assay to Screen for PRMT1 InhibitorsKerri A Mowen; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have identified a novel PRMT inhibitor (Cpd 4) that disrupts the interaction between PRMT1 and NIP45, resulting in abrogated NFAT-driven transcription...
- Chemically Interrogating Clostridium difficile Glucosylating Toxin ActivationAimee Shen; Fiscal Year: 2013..I have discovered a unique mechanism of protease activation and delineated a role for a cysteine protease domain (CPD) in autoprocessing a newly recognized family of bacterial toxins...
- Dynamic regulation of Shank3 and ASDPaul F Worley; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will use mouse genetic models that delete Homer2 (to reduce Homer crosslinking), or selectively delete the immediate early gene form Homer1a (to increase ..
- Portable pneumatic driver for counterpulsation therapyPaul A Spence; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): SCR, Inc. (Louisville, KY) is developing a chronic implantable CPD system to treat HF patients who may be responsive to long-term counterpulsation support...
- DMET Genes, Nicotine Metabolism and Prospective AbstinenceANDREW WELLS BERGEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Nicotine metabolism is associated with the number of cigarettes smoked per day (CPD), how cigarettes are smoked (smoking topography), responsiveness to smoking cessation treatment, and with ..
- Moving Forward: A weight loss program for African-American breast cancer survivoMelinda R Stolley; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have partnered with the Chicago Park District (CPD) to implement the study within six predominantly AA Chicago communities...
- RADIATION INDUCED CELLULAR MUTAGENESIS AND DNA REPAIRRICHARD BOCKRATH; Fiscal Year: 2001..photolyase that occur without the light that normally energizes monomerization of cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPD), the most stable photo-product produced by ultraviolet radiation in DNA...
- Homer2 and Chronic Ethanol-Associated NeuroadaptationsNATALIE M STRAIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recent studies have implicated Homer2 in the regulation of expression, function and localization of excitatory receptors at the postsynaptic membrane as ..
- PROCESSING OF UV-INDUCED DNA DAMAGE IN MAMMALIAN CELLS.ERIC MOON SHONG TANG; Fiscal Year: 2004Ultraviolet light induced cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPD) lesions are the major DNA damage that organis have faced during eons of evolution, therefore, it is conceivable that cells may have developed mechanisms to modify CPD to ..
- MECHANISM AND MODELS OF DNA PHOTOLYASEOlaf Wiest; Fiscal Year: 2002..Ultraviolet radiation of DNA causes cell death or skin cancer through formation of cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPD) in the DNA. Many organisms protect their DNA by a light-induced repair mechanism, mediated by DNA photolyase...
- UV DAMAGE, REPAIR AND MUTAGENESISGERD PFEIFER; Fiscal Year: 2003..changes the mutational spectra, which photoproduct contributes most to mutagenesis, what the contribution of CPD deamination to UV mutagenicity is, and whether the frequency of UV-specific mutations correlates with photoproduct ..
- A counterpulsation device to promote myocardial recoveryPaul Spence; Fiscal Year: 2006..The counterpulsation device (CPD) is designed to be implanted via a surface operation in the shoulder area (pacemaker pocket) by attaching it to the ..
- Counterpulsation Device with Integrated ECG SensingRobert D Dowling; Fiscal Year: 2010..SCR (Louisville, KY) is developing a novel chronic, implantable counterpulsation device (CPD) to treat late stage HF patients...
- Development of a Counterpulsation Therapy DevicePaul Spence; Fiscal Year: 2009..Louisville, KY) has developed a long-term implantable counterpulsation device (CPD) to treat heart failure (HF) patients who may be responsive to a milder form of cardiac assist...
- Portable pneumatic driver for counterpulsation therapyPaul Spence; Fiscal Year: 2007..The system consists of a 32-ml counterpulsation device (CPD) that is designed to be implanted via a surface operation in the shoulder area (pacemaker pocket)...
- Molecular Analysis of Modular Polyketide SynthasesJanet L Smith; Fiscal Year: 2013..Explore the basis for acyl-ACP cognate enzyme interactions in Bry including ACPD::HMGS, ACPD::KS, and KS::HMGS)...
- Reactivity of Transient Cyt P450 Oxygen IntermediatesJohn Dawson; Fiscal Year: 2009..those involving oxygen: oxy-ferrous, peroxo-ferric, hydroperoxo-ferric, and oxo-iron(IV) [compound I, Cpd I, oxo-iron(IV)porph+]. 2 similar oxo species, compounds II and ES, will also be examined...
- Determining the structural basis for the mechanism of catalytic O2 evolution by tGudrun Lukat Rodgers; Fiscal Year: 2010..proceeds through a two-electron oxidized heme intermediate having properties characteristic of compound I (Cpd-I)...
- Effects of Menthol on Bupropion PharmacokineticsKolawole Okuyemi; Fiscal Year: 2006..Matching will be by age, gender, cigarettes per day smoked (CPD), and body mass index (BMI)...