Genomes and Genes
homeodomain interacting protein kinase 1
Gene Symbol: homeodomain interacting protein kinase 1
Description: homeodomain interacting protein kinase 1
Alias: Myak, Nbak2, homeodomain-interacting protein kinase 1, homeodomain interacting protein kinase 1-like protein, nuclear body associated kinase 2b, nuclear body-associated kinase 2
Products: homeodomain interacting protein kinase 1
- Lin X, Roy S, Jolly M, Bocci F, Schafer N, Tsai M, et al. PAGE4 and Conformational Switching: Insights from Molecular Dynamics Simulations and Implications for Prostate Cancer. J Mol Biol. 2018;430:2422-2438 pubmed publisher..Thus, conformational switching of PAGE4 may potentially affect the efficiency of therapeutically targeting AR activity. ..
- Rodriguez Gil A, Ritter O, Hornung J, Stekman H, Kruger M, Braun T, et al. HIPK family kinases bind and regulate the function of the CCR4-NOT complex. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:1969-80 pubmed publisher..HIPKs are well known regulators of transcription, but the mutual regulation between CCR4-NOT and HIPKs extends the regulatory potential of these kinases by enabling posttranscriptional gene regulation. ..
- Bengtsen M, Sørensen L, Aabel L, Ledsaak M, Matre V, Gabrielsen O. The adaptor protein ARA55 and the nuclear kinase HIPK1 assist c-Myb in recruiting p300 to chromatin. Biochim Biophys Acta Gene Regul Mech. 2017;1860:751-760 pubmed publisher..We propose that ARA55 and HIPK1 assist c-Myb in recruiting the coactivator and acetyltransferase p300 to chromatin. ..
- Hashimoto K, Tsuji Y. Arsenic-Induced Activation of the Homeodomain-Interacting Protein Kinase 2 (HIPK2) to cAMP-Response Element Binding Protein (CREB) Axis. J Mol Biol. 2017;429:64-78 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the HIPK2-phospho-Ser271 CREB axis is a new arsenic-responsive CREB activation mechanism in parallel with the PKA-phospho-Ser133 CREB axis. ..
- Glenewinkel F, Cohen M, King C, Kaspar S, Bamberg Lemper S, Mymryk J, et al. The adaptor protein DCAF7 mediates the interaction of the adenovirus E1A oncoprotein with the protein kinases DYRK1A and HIPK2. Sci Rep. 2016;6:28241 pubmed publisher..Our results characterize DCAF7 as a substrate recruiting subunit of DYRK1A and HIPK2 and suggest that it is required for the negative effect of DYRK1A on E1A-induced oncogenic transformation. ..
- Clausse V, Goloudina A, Uyanik B, Kochetkova E, Richaud S, Fedorova O, et al. Wee1 inhibition potentiates Wip1-dependent p53-negative tumor cell death during chemotherapy. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2195 pubmed publisher..The development and clinical use of Wee1 and Hipk1 kinase chemical inhibitors might be a promising strategy to improve anti-cancer therapy. ..
- Matre V, Nordgård O, Alm Kristiansen A, Ledsaak M, Gabrielsen O. HIPK1 interacts with c-Myb and modulates its activity through phosphorylation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;388:150-4 pubmed publisher..Our findings point to a novel link between an important kinase and a key regulator of haematopoiesis. ..
- Rey C, Soubeyran I, Mahouche I, Pedeboscq S, Bessede A, Ichas F, et al. HIPK1 drives p53 activation to limit colorectal cancer cell growth. Cell Cycle. 2013;12:1879-91 pubmed publisherHIPK1 (homeodomain interacting protein kinase 1) is a serine/threonine kinase that belongs to the CMGC superfamily...
- Inwood S, Buehler E, Betenbaugh M, Lal M, Shiloach J. Identifying HIPK1 as Target of miR-22-3p Enhancing Recombinant Protein Production From HEK 293 Cell by Using Microarray and HTP siRNA Screen. Biotechnol J. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The identified genes were validated as being involved in improving luciferase expression by using siRNA and qRT-PCR. Repressing the target gene, HIPK1, is found to increase luciferase and GPC3 expression 3.3- and 2.2-fold, respectively...
- Ecsedy J, Michaelson J, Leder P. Homeodomain-interacting protein kinase 1 modulates Daxx localization, phosphorylation, and transcriptional activity. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:950-60 pubmed..Taken together, our results indicate that HIPK1 and Daxx collaborate in regulating transcription. ..
- Aikawa Y, Nguyen L, Isono K, Takakura N, Tagata Y, Schmitz M, et al. Roles of HIPK1 and HIPK2 in AML1- and p300-dependent transcription, hematopoiesis and blood vessel formation. EMBO J. 2006;25:3955-65 pubmed..HIPK2 also phosphorylates another co-activator, MOZ, in an AML1-dependent manner. We discuss a possible mechanism by which transcription factors could regulate local histone acetylation and transcription of their target genes. ..
- Park B, Park S, Koo J, Kim S, Park J, Cho J, et al. Homeodomain-interacting protein kinase 1 (HIPK1) expression in breast cancer tissues. Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2012;42:1138-45 pubmed publisher..Although the mechanism is not certain, the subcellular localization of HIPK1 expression is associated with tumor histopathologic characteristics and different functions. ..
- Lee D, Park S, Sung K, Park J, Lee S, Park S, et al. Mdm2 associates with Ras effector NORE1 to induce the degradation of oncoprotein HIPK1. EMBO Rep. 2012;13:163-9 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the control of HIPK1 stability by Mdm2-NORE1 has a major effect on cell behaviour, and epigenetic inactivation of NORE1 enables adenocarcinoma formation in vivo through HIPK1 stabilization. ..
- Kim Y, Choi C, Lee S, Conti M, Kim Y. Homeodomain-interacting protein kinases, a novel family of co-repressors for homeodomain transcription factors. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:25875-9 pubmed..Thus, HIPKs represent a heretofore undescribed family of co-repressors for homeodomain transcription factors. ..
- Li X, Zhang R, Luo D, Park S, Wang Q, Kim Y, et al. Tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced desumoylation and cytoplasmic translocation of homeodomain-interacting protein kinase 1 are critical for apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1-JNK/p38 activation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:15061-70 pubmed..Our study suggests that TNFalpha-induced desumoylation and cytoplasmic translocation of HIPK1 are critical in TNFalpha-induced ASK1-JNK/p38 activation. ..
- van der Laden J, Soppa U, Becker W. Effect of tyrosine autophosphorylation on catalytic activity and subcellular localisation of homeodomain-interacting protein kinases (HIPK). Cell Commun Signal. 2015;13:3 pubmed publisher..However, members of the HIPK family differ regarding the subcellular localization and its dependence on tyrosine autophosphorylation. ..
- Mooney S, Qiu R, Kim J, Sacho E, Rajagopalan K, Johng D, et al. Cancer/testis antigen PAGE4, a regulator of c-Jun transactivation, is phosphorylated by homeodomain-interacting protein kinase 1, a component of the stress-response pathway. Biochemistry. 2014;53:1670-9 pubmed publisher..Regardless, the present results clearly implicate PAGE4 as a component of the stress-response pathway and uncover a novel link between components of this pathway and prostatic development and disease. ..
- Sekito A, Koide Yoshida S, Niki T, Taira T, Iguchi Ariga S, Ariga H. DJ-1 interacts with HIPK1 and affects H2O2-induced cell death. Free Radic Res. 2006;40:155-65 pubmed
- Kondo S, Lu Y, Debbas M, Lin A, Sarosi I, Itie A, et al. Characterization of cells and gene-targeted mice deficient for the p53-binding kinase homeodomain-interacting protein kinase 1 (HIPK1). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:5431-6 pubmed..Carcinogen-treated HIPK1 -/- mice developed fewer and smaller skin tumors than HIPK1+/+ mice. HIPK1 may thus play a role in tumorigenesis, perhaps by means of the regulation of p53 and/or Mdm2. ..