Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HNRNPF
Description: heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein F
Alias: HNRPF, OK/SW-cl.23, mcs94-1, heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein F, HnRNP F protein, nucleolin-like protein mcs94-1
- Yang B, Wang S, Zeng J, Zhang Y, Ruan X, Han W, et al. Proteomic screening and identification of microRNA-128 targets in glioma cells. Proteomics. 2015;15:2602-17 pubmed publisher..of 13 selected genes were potential targets of miR-128, and a mutagenesis experiment confirmed CBFB, CORO1C, GLTP, HnRNPF, and TROVE2 as the target genes...
- Su S, Cao M, Wu G, Long Z, Cheng X, Fan J, et al. Hordenine protects against hyperglycemia-associated renal complications in streptozotocin-induced diabetic mice. Biomed Pharmacother. 2018;104:315-324 pubmed publisher..In diabetic mice, HOR significantly decreased Nrf2 expression and increased hnRNPF and hnRNPK expression in kidney...
- Lee J, Cheng R, Honig L, Feitosa M, Kammerer C, Kang M, et al. Genome wide association and linkage analyses identified three loci-4q25, 17q23.2, and 10q11.21-associated with variation in leukocyte telomere length: the Long Life Family Study. Front Genet. 2013;4:310 pubmed publisher..2; and RASGEF1A, HNRNPF, ANF487, CSTF2T, and PRKG1 at 10q11.21...
- Forde N, Bazer F, Spencer T, Lonergan P. 'Conceptualizing' the Endometrium: Identification of Conceptus-Derived Proteins During Early Pregnancy in Cattle. Biol Reprod. 2015;92:156 pubmed publisher..biological interaction with the proteins (ACO2, CKMT1, CSTB, EEF2, GDI1, GLB1, GPLD1, HNRNPA1, HNRNPA2B1, HNRNPF, HSPA8, HSPE1, IDH2, KRT75, LGALS3, MSN, NUTF2, P4HB, PRKAR2A, PSMA4, PSMB5, PSMC4, SERPINA3, TKT) were ..
- Tsai F, Lin C, Lai C, Lan Y, Lai C, Hung C, et al. Kaempferol inhibits enterovirus 71 replication and internal ribosome entry site (IRES) activity through FUBP and HNRP proteins. Food Chem. 2011;128:312-22 pubmed publisher..interfered with EV71 virus replication and pseudotyped virus production; and (d) FUBP1, FUBP3, HNRPD, HNRH1 and HNRPF proteins are associated with EV71 5'-UTR as shown using RNA affinity pull-down assay coupled with LC-MS/MS ..
- Mugabo Y, Sadeghi M, Fang N, Mayor T, Lim G. Elucidation of the 14-3-3ζ interactome reveals critical roles of RNA-splicing factors during adipogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2018;293:6736-6750 pubmed publisher..siRNA-mediated depletion of RNA-splicing factors within the 14-3-3ζ interactome, that is, of Hnrpf, Hnrpk, Ddx6, and Sfpq, revealed that they have essential roles in adipogenesis and in the alternative splicing of ..
- Zhang P, Yin J, Yuan L, Bai Q, Lu J. [microRNA-139 suppresses proliferation of hepatocellular carcinoma cells by silencing of B cell translocation gene 3]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2017;33:1516-1520 pubmed..between the four databases and the review of literatures, a total of five genes (ICK, BTG3, DCBLD2, EIF4G2 and HNRNPF) were predicted as potential targets of miR-139...
- Lo C, Shi Y, Chang S, Abdo S, Chenier I, Filep J, et al. Overexpression of heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein F stimulates renal Ace-2 gene expression and prevents TGF-Î²1-induced kidney injury in a mouse model of diabetes. Diabetologia. 2015;58:2443-54 pubmed publisherWe investigated whether heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein F (hnRNP F) stimulates renal ACE-2 expression and prevents TGF-Î²1 signalling, TGF-Î²1 inhibition of Ace-2 gene expression and induction of tubulo-fibrosis in an Akita ..
- Honoré B, Baandrup U, Vorum H. Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins F and H/H' show differential expression in normal and selected cancer tissues. Exp Cell Res. 2004;294:199-209 pubmed..hnRNP F is down-regulated in hepatocellular carcinoma and up-regulated in gastric carcinoma. The present study indicates the important potential role of this subset of hnRNPs on the gene expression in many tissues. ..
- Yoshida T, Kokura K, Makino Y, Ossipow V, Tamura T. Heterogeneous nuclear RNA-ribonucleoprotein F binds to DNA via an oligo(dG)-motif and is associated with RNA polymerase II. Genes Cells. 1999;4:707-19 pubmedThe heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein F (hnRNP-F) is one of the constituents of the splicing-related hnRNP complex...
- Van Dusen C, Yee L, McNally L, McNally M. A glycine-rich domain of hnRNP H/F promotes nucleocytoplasmic shuttling and nuclear import through an interaction with transportin 1. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:2552-62 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the results suggest that hnRNP H and F are GYR domain-dependent shuttling proteins whose posttranslational modifications may alter nuclear localization and hence function. ..
- Tang X, Kane V, Morre D, Morre D. hnRNP F directs formation of an exon 4 minus variant of tumor-associated NADH oxidase (ENOX2). Mol Cell Biochem. 2011;357:55-63 pubmed publisher..As MutG75 changed the ESS binding site for hnRNP F, this result suggests that hnRNP F directs formation of the exon 4 minus variant of ENOX2. ..
- Costessi A, Mahrour N, Sharma V, Stunnenberg R, Stoel M, Tijchon E, et al. The human EKC/KEOPS complex is recruited to Cullin2 ubiquitin ligases by the human tumour antigen PRAME. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42822 pubmed publisher..Moreover, EKC subunits associate with PRAME target sites on chromatin. Our data reveal a novel link between the oncoprotein PRAME and the conserved EKC complex and support a role for both complexes in the same pathways. ..
- McDonald H, Smailus D, Jenkins H, Adams K, Simpson N, Goodfellow P. Identification and characterization of a gene at D10S94 in the MEN2A region. Genomics. 1992;13:344-8 pubmed..The major portion of the expressed mcs94-1 sequence was examined. No differences in sequence were found between the two alleles...
- Shao W, Zumer K, Fujinaga K, Peterlin B. FBXO3 Protein Promotes Ubiquitylation and Transcriptional Activity of AIRE (Autoimmune Regulator). J Biol Chem. 2016;291:17953-63 pubmed publisher..Because P-TEFb is required for the transition from initiation to elongation of transcription, this interaction ensures proper expression of AIRE-responsive tissue-specific antigens in the thymus. ..
- Markovtsov V, Nikolic J, Goldman J, Turck C, Chou M, Black D. Cooperative assembly of an hnRNP complex induced by a tissue-specific homolog of polypyrimidine tract binding protein. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:7463-79 pubmed
- Widera M, Hillebrand F, Erkelenz S, Vasudevan A, MÃ¼nk C, Schaal H. A functional conserved intronic G run in HIV-1 intron 3 is critical to counteract APOBEC3G-mediated host restriction. Retrovirology. 2014;11:72 pubmed publisher..The competition between these exons determines the ability to evade APOBEC3G-mediated antiviral effects due to optimal vif expression. ..
- Reznik B, Clement S, Lykke Andersen J. hnRNP F complexes with tristetraprolin and stimulates ARE-mRNA decay. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e100992 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings implicate hnRNP F as a co-factor in a subset of TTP/BRF-mediated mRNA decay and highlight the importance of RBP cooperativity in mRNA regulation. ..
- Wang L, Yan F. Molecular insights into the specific recognition between the RNA binding domain qRRM2 of hnRNP F and G-tract RNA: A molecular dynamics study. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;494:95-100 pubmed publisherb>Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein F (hnRNP F) controls the expression of various genes through regulating the alternative splicing of pre-mRNAs in the nucleus...
- Zhang Y, Lindblom T, Chang A, Sudol M, Sluder A, Golemis E. Evidence that dim1 associates with proteins involved in pre-mRNA splicing, and delineation of residues essential for dim1 interactions with hnRNP F and Npw38/PQBP-1. Gene. 2000;257:33-43 pubmed..These results parallel the arrest phenotypes associated with global disruption of zygotic gene expression, suggesting that Dim1 proteins maintain an essential function in gene expression in higher eukaryotes. ..
- McNamara R, McCann J, Gudipaty S, D ORSO I. Transcription factors mediate the enzymatic disassembly of promoter-bound 7SK snRNP to locally recruit P-TEFb for transcription elongation. Cell Rep. 2013;5:1256-68 pubmed publisher..Recruitment of PPM1G to promoter-assembled 7SK snRNP provides a paradigm for rapid gene activation through transcriptional pause release. ..
- Angenstein F, Evans A, Settlage R, Moran S, Ling S, Klintsova A, et al. A receptor for activated C kinase is part of messenger ribonucleoprotein complexes associated with polyA-mRNAs in neurons. J Neurosci. 2002;22:8827-37 pubmed
- Paul S, Dansithong W, Jog S, Holt I, Mittal S, Brook J, et al. Expanded CUG repeats Dysregulate RNA splicing by altering the stoichiometry of the muscleblind 1 complex. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:38427-38 pubmed publisher..Thus expression of expanded CUG repeats alters the stoichiometry of MBNL1(CUG) complexes to allow both the reinforcement and expansion of RNA processing defects. ..
- Goh E, Pardo O, Michael N, Niewiarowski A, Totty N, Volkova D, et al. Involvement of heterogeneous ribonucleoprotein F in the regulation of cell proliferation via the mammalian target of rapamycin/S6 kinase 2 pathway. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:17065-76 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that the specific interaction between mTOR and S6K2 with hnRNPs is implicated in the regulation of cell proliferation. ..
- Höck J, Weinmann L, Ender C, Rüdel S, Kremmer E, Raabe M, et al. Proteomic and functional analysis of Argonaute-containing mRNA-protein complexes in human cells. EMBO Rep. 2007;8:1052-60 pubmed..Using reporter assays and knockdown experiments, we showed that the putative RNA-binding protein RBM4 is required for microRNA-guided gene regulation. ..
- Silva F, Hamamoto R, Furukawa Y, Nakamura Y. TIPUH1 encodes a novel KRAB zinc-finger protein highly expressed in human hepatocellular carcinomas. Oncogene. 2006;25:5063-70 pubmed..including TIF1beta, a transcription-intermediary protein, and three involved in pre-mRNA processing (hnRNPU, hnRNPF, and Nucleolin), suggesting that overexpressed TIPUH1 may play a role in hepatocarcinogenesis by regulating ..
- Huang H, Zhang J, Harvey S, Hu X, Cheng C. RNA G-quadruplex secondary structure promotes alternative splicing via the RNA-binding protein hnRNPF. Genes Dev. 2017;31:2296-2309 pubmed publisher..Analysis of RNA-binding protein footprints revealed that G quadruplexes are enriched in heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein F (hnRNPF)-binding sites and near hnRNPF-regulated alternatively spliced exons in the human ..
- Lo C, Shi Y, Chenier I, Ghosh A, Wu C, Cailhier J, et al. Heterogeneous Nuclear Ribonucleoprotein F Stimulates Sirtuin-1 Gene Expression and Attenuates Nephropathy Progression in Diabetic Mice. Diabetes. 2017;66:1964-1978 pubmed publisherWe investigated the mechanism of heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein F (hnRNP F) renoprotective action in a type 2 diabetes (T2D) mouse model (db/db)...
- Li T, Evdokimov E, Shen R, Chao C, Tekle E, Wang T, et al. Sumoylation of heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins, zinc finger proteins, and nuclear pore complex proteins: a proteomic analysis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:8551-6 pubmed..In view of the facts that hnRNPs have been implicated in RNA splicing, transport, stability, and translation, our findings suggest that sumoylation could play an important role in regulating mRNA metabolism. ..
- Talukdar I, Sen S, Urbano R, Thompson J, Yates J, Webster N. hnRNP A1 and hnRNP F modulate the alternative splicing of exon 11 of the insulin receptor gene. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27869 pubmed publisher..Lastly, our data point to a functional interaction between hnRNP F and SRSF1 as a mutant that eliminates SRSF1 binding to exon 11, or a SRSF1 knockdown, which prevents the stimulatory effect of hnRNP F over expression. ..
- Dominguez C, Fisette J, Chabot B, Allain F. Structural basis of G-tract recognition and encaging by hnRNP F quasi-RRMs. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2010;17:853-61 pubmed publisher..We also show that isolated qRRMs of hnRNP F are sufficient to regulate the alternative splicing of the Bcl-x pre-mRNA, suggesting that hnRNP F would act by remodeling RNA secondary and tertiary structures. ..
- Wang E, Cambi F. Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins H and F regulate the proteolipid protein/DM20 ratio by recruiting U1 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein through a complex array of G runs. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:11194-204 pubmed publisher..In vivo, hnRNPH reversed reduction of DM20 splicing induced by hnRNPH/F removal, whereas hnRNPF had little effect...
- Miyasaka T, Morita M, Ito K, Suzuki T, Fukuda H, Takeda S, et al. Interaction of antiproliferative protein Tob with the CCR4-NOT deadenylase complex. Cancer Sci. 2008;99:755-61 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the antiproliferative activity of Tob is shown post-transcriptionally by controlling the stability of the target mRNAs in addition to its involvement in transcriptional regulation, reported previously. ..
- Balasubramani M, Day B, Schoen R, Getzenberg R. Altered expression and localization of creatine kinase B, heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein F, and high mobility group box 1 protein in the nuclear matrix associated with colon cancer. Cancer Res. 2006;66:763-9 pubmed..the isolated spots revealed that they have close similarity to creatine kinase B (CKB) isoforms, heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein F (hnRNP F) and high mobility group box 1 protein (HMGB1) isoforms...
- Honore B, Vorum H, Baandrup U. hnRNPs H, H' and F behave differently with respect to posttranslational cleavage and subcellular localization. FEBS Lett. 1999;456:274-80 pubmed..The presence of significant quantities of hnRNP F in the cytoplasm of many cells indicates that it also may have a functional role here. ..