Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HMGB2
Description: high mobility group box 2
Alias: HMG2, HMG-2, high mobility group protein 2, high mobility group protein B2, high-mobility group (nonhistone chromosomal) protein 2, high-mobility group box 2
Publications112 found, 100 shown here
- High-mobility group chromatin proteins 1 and 2 functionally interact with steroid hormone receptors to enhance their DNA binding in vitro and transcriptional activity in mammalian cellsV Boonyaratanakornkit
Department of Pathology and Molecular Biology Program, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:4471-87. 1998....
- The nonspecific DNA-binding and -bending proteins HMG1 and HMG2 promote the assembly of complex nucleoprotein structuresT T Paull
Molecular Biology Institute, University of California Los Angeles 90024
Genes Dev 7:1521-34. 1993The mammalian high mobility group proteins HMG1 and HMG2 are abundant, chromatin-associated proteins whose cellular function is not known...
- HMGB1 and HMGB2 cell-specifically down-regulate the p53- and p73-dependent sequence-specific transactivation from the human Bax gene promoterMichal Stros
Institute of Biophysics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Kralovopolska 135, 612 65 Brno, Czech Republic
J Biol Chem 277:7157-64. 2002..Previous reports have shown that architectural DNA-bending/looping chromosomal proteins HMGB1 and HMGB2 (formerly known as HMG1 and HMG2), which function in a number of biological processes including transcription and ..
- In vitro acetylation of HMGB-1 and -2 proteins by CBP: the role of the acidic tailEvdokia Pasheva
Institute of Molecular Biology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, 1113 Sofia, Bulgaria
Biochemistry 43:2935-40. 2004..The alterations in the acetylation pattern of HMGB-1 and -2 upon removal of the C-terminal tail are regarded as a means by which the acidic domain modulates some properties of these proteins...
- Association of chromatin proteins high mobility group box (HMGB) 1 and HMGB2 with mitotic chromosomesCoralie Pallier
Unité de virologie, Service de Bacteriologie Virologie, Hopital de Bicetre, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Mol Biol Cell 14:3414-26. 2003..e., free and associated with the condensed chromatin, which rapidly exchange. A detailed analysis of HMGB2 interaction with mitotic chromosomes indicated that two sites encompassing HMG-box A and B are responsible for ..
- Conformational difference in HMGB1 proteins of human neutrophils and lymphocytes revealed by epitope mapping of a monoclonal antibodyIchiaki Ito
Department of Biological Science and Technology, Science University of Tokyo, 2641 Yamazaki, Noda 278 8510
J Biochem 136:155-62. 2004HMGB1 and HMGB2 are abundant nonhistone chromosomal proteins in eukaryotic organisms. Their respective primary sequences are highly conserved...
- HMG-box domain stimulation of RAG1/2 cleavage activity is metal ion dependentAleksei N Kriatchko
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Creighton University Medical Center, 2500 California Plaza, Omaha, NE, USA
BMC Mol Biol 9:32. 2008..cleavage in vitro, these activities are stimulated by the architectural DNA binding and bending factors HMGB1 and HMGB2. Two previous studies (Bergeron et al., 2005, and Dai et al...
- New high mobility group box 1 assay systemShingo Yamada
Central Institute, Shino Test Corporation, Japan
Clin Chim Acta 372:173-8. 2006..HMGB1 (high mobility group box 1) protein has been shown to play a critical role in several inflammatory diseases and it may be involved in the development of atherosclerosis...
- Chromosomal high mobility group (HMG) proteins of the HMGB-type occurring in the moss Physcomitrella patensBruno Kiilerich
Department of Life Sciences, Aalborg University, Sohngaardsholmsvej 49, DK 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
Gene 407:86-97. 2008..The structurally similar HMGB2 and HMGB3 proteins display the typical overall structure of higher plant HMGB proteins consisting of a central HMG-..
- Nucleocytoplasmic distribution of the Arabidopsis chromatin-associated HMGB2/3 and HMGB4 proteinsDorthe S Pedersen
Department of Life Sciences, Aalborg University, DK 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
Plant Physiol 154:1831-41. 2010..green fluorescent protein, we have examined the subcellular localization of the Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) HMGB2/3 and HMGB4 proteins, revealing that, in addition to a prominent nuclear localization, they can be detected also ..
- Molecular evolution of Sry and Sox geneK Nagai
Tokyo Medical University, Department of Biochemistry, 160 8402, Tokyo, Japan
Gene 270:161-9. 2001..They diverged into two subgroups: one contains HMG14 and HMG17, and the other one contains HMG1 and HMG2 with various other genes...
- Retroposed copies of the HMG genes: a window to genome dynamicsLiora Z Strichman-Almashanu
Computational Biology Branch, National Center for Biotechnology Information, National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20894, USA
Genome Res 13:800-12. 2003..among the HMGs was not even, with 33-65 each for HMGB1, HMGB3, HMGN1, and HMGN2, and 0-6 each for HMGA1, HMGA2, HMGB2, and HMGN3...
- Chromatin protein HMGB2 regulates articular cartilage surface maintenance via beta-catenin pathwayNoboru Taniguchi
Department of Arthritis Research, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:16817-22. 2009..HMGB) protein 2 is restricted to the SZ in articular cartilage suggesting a transcriptional regulation involving HMGB2 in SZ...
- Reduced fertility and spermatogenesis defects in mice lacking chromosomal protein Hmgb2L Ronfani
DIBIT, Istituto Scientifico San Raffaele, Via Olgettina 58, Italy
Development 128:1265-73. 2001High mobility group 2 protein (Hmgb2) is a member of the HMGB protein family, which includes the ubiquitous Hmgb1 and the embryo-specific Hmgb3...
- Determinants of HMGB proteins required to promote RAG1/2-recombination signal sequence complex assembly and catalysis during V(D)J recombinationYan Dai
Department of Molecular Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:4413-25. 2005..are competent for V(D)J cleavage requires the presence of the nonspecific DNA binding and bending protein HMGB1 or HMGB2. We find that either of the two minimal DNA binding domains of HMGB1 is effective in assembling RAG1/2-RSS ..
- High mobility group B2 is secreted by myeloid cells and has mitogenic and chemoattractant activities similar to high mobility group B1Tobias Pusterla
San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina 58, 20132, Milan, Italy
Autoimmunity 42:308-10. 2009..HMGB1 can be actively secreted by inflammatory cells. Here, we report that also HMGB2 can be secreted by THP-1 cells, and promotes proliferation and migration of endothelial cells...
- Fluorescence resonance energy transfer analysis of recombination signal sequence configuration in the RAG1/2 synaptic complexMihai Ciubotaru
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Immunibiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8011, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:4745-58. 2007..FRET requires an appropriate 12/23 RSS pair, a divalent metal ion, and high-mobility-group protein HMGB1 or HMGB2. Energy transfer between the RSSs was detected with all 12/23 RSS end positions of the fluorescent probes but was ..
- Expression of human papillomavirus type 16 E7 oncoprotein alters keratinocytes expression profile in response to tumor necrosis factor-alphaEnrique Boccardo
Virology Group, Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, São Paulo 01323 903, Brazil
Carcinogenesis 31:521-31. 2010..Differential expression of TCN1 (transcobalamin I), IFI44 (Interferon-induced protein 44), HMGB2 (high-mobility group box 2) and FUS [Fusion (involved in t(12;16) in malignant liposarcoma)] among other genes ..
- Eukaryotic HMGB proteins as replacements for HU in E. coli repression loop formationNicole A Becker
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 36:4009-21. 2008..coli expressing normal levels of HU protein. Nhp6A-induced changes in the DNA length-dependence of repression efficiency suggest that Nhp6A alters DNA twist in vivo. In contrast, human HMGB2-box A derivatives did not rescue looping.
- Hmg-coA reductase gene family in cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.): unique structural features and differential expression of hmg2 potentially associated with synthesis of specific isoprenoids in developing embryosL L Loguercio
Department of Agronomy and Range Science, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Plant Cell Physiol 40:750-61. 1999..that accumulate in specialized pigment glands of cotton at the molecular level, two full-length genes (hmg1 and hmg2) were characterized encoding hmg-coA reductase (HMGR; EC 1.1.1...
- SET complex in serous epithelial ovarian cancerVeronique Ouellet
Centre de recherche du centre hospitalier de l Université de Montréal CHUM, Institut du Cancer de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Int J Cancer 119:2119-26. 2006..In this analysis, 4 out of 5 members of the SET complex, SET, APE1, NM23 and HMGB2, were highly expressed in invasive grade 3 tumors...
- [Analysis of cytogenetic abnormalities in squamous cell carcinoma by array comparative genomic hybridization]R Salgado
Servicio de Anatomía Patológica Laboratorio de Citogenética y Biología Molecular Hospital del Mar Barcelona España
Actas Dermosifiliogr 99:199-206. 2008..The aim of this study was to analyze the presence of genetic abnormalities in a series of patients with SCC using the technique of array CGH...
- Access to exercise and its relation to cardiovascular health and gene expression in laboratory animalsNatalie B Schweitzer
Department of Zoology, Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056, USA
Life Sci 77:2246-61. 2005..Mean gene expressions for Gja1, Fdft1, Edn1, Cd36, and Hmgb2 differed in animals according to access to physical activity...
- Synapsis of recombination signal sequences located in cis and DNA underwinding in V(D)J recombinationMihai Ciubotaru
Section of Immunobiology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Yale University School of Medicine, 300 Cedar St, TAC S625, New Haven, CT 06510
Mol Cell Biol 24:8727-44. 2004..signal sequences (RSSs) by the RAG1 and RAG2 proteins, aided by a high-mobility group protein, HMG1 or HMG2. Double-strand DNA cleavage within this synaptic, or paired, complex is thought to involve DNA distortion or ..
- Complete blockage of the mevalonate pathway results in male gametophyte lethalityMasashi Suzuki
RIKEN Plant Science Center, 1 7 22 Suehiro cho, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa, 230 0045, Japan
J Exp Bot 60:2055-64. 2009..Previously, Arabidopsis mutants for HMG1 and HMG2 encoding HMG-CoA reductase (HMGR) were isolated...
- A model to identify novel targets involved in oxidative stress-induced apoptosis in human lung epithelial cells by RNA interferenceWilliam E Wixted
Respiratory Center for Excellence in Drug Discovery, GlaxoSmithKline R and D, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
Toxicol In Vitro 24:310-8. 2010..g. unfolded protein response, proteosomal activity) and targets (e.g. MAP3K14, HMGB2) that regulate the response of lung epithelial cells to oxidative stress...
- DNA bending induced by high mobility group proteins studied by fluorescence resonance energy transferM Lorenz
Institute for Molecular Biotechnology, Jena, Germany
Biochemistry 38:12150-8. 1999The HMG domains of the chromosomal high mobility group proteins homologous to the vertebrate HMG1 and HMG2 proteins preferentially recognize distorted DNA structures. DNA binding also induces a substantial bend...
- Isolation of a chicken HMG2 cDNA clone and evidence for an HMG2-specific 3'-untranslated regionD L Davis
Institute for Cancer Research, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111
Gene 113:251-6. 1992HMG1 and HMG2 (high-mobility group proteins) are two of the most abundant nonhistone chromosomal proteins in higher eukaryotes...
- Cloning and characterization of the gene encoding 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase in melon (Cucumis melo L. reticulatus)S Kato Emori
Plant Biotechnology Institute, Ibaraki Agricultural Center, Iwama, Japan
Mol Genet Genomics 265:135-42. 2001..Database searches revealed that Cm-HMGR shows homology to HMG1 (63.7%) and HMG2 (70.3%) of tomato, to HMG1 (77.2%) and HMG2 (69.4%) of Arabidopsis thaliana, and to HMGR of tobacco (72.6%)...
- Observations on squalene accumulation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae due to the manipulation of HMG2 and ERG6Fani Mantzouridou
School of Chemistry, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
FEMS Yeast Res 10:699-707. 2010The constructed strains AM63, having an extra copy of the HMG2 gene with a K6R stabilizing mutation in Hmg2p expressed under the control of the inducible galactose promoter and stably integrated into the chromosomal HO locus, and AM64, a ..
- Synergistic functions of SII and p300 in productive activator-dependent transcription of chromatin templatesMohamed Guermah
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cell 125:275-86. 2006..The purification of CTEA also identified HMGB2 as a coactivator that, while inactive on its own, enhances SII and p300 functions.
- Microarray analysis of the effect of diesel exhaust particles on in vitro cultured macrophagesGeert R Verheyen
Centre of Expertise in Environmental Toxicology, Flemish Institute for Technological Research VITO, Boeretang 200, B 2400 Mol, Belgium
Toxicol In Vitro 18:377-91. 2004..SEC6, TNFRSF1B, LPXN, LOC51093 and BTG2) are upregulated and seven (PRDX1, CD36, PRKACB, BBOX1, CLK1, STMN1, and HMGB2) are downregulated at both time-points...
- Gonadotropin-regulated testicular RNA helicase (GRTH/Ddx25) is a transport protein involved in gene-specific mRNA export and protein translation during spermatogenesisYi Sheng
Section on Molecular Endocrinology, Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4510, USA
J Biol Chem 281:35048-56. 2006..GRTH selectively regulated the translation of specific genes including histone 4 and HMG2 in germ cells...
- Expression of a defense-related 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl CoA reductase gene in response to parasitization by Orobanche sppJ H Westwood
Department of Plant Pathology, Physiology and Weed Science, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg 24061 0331, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 11:530-6. 1998..We have demonstrated that parasitization by Orobanche induces expression of hmg2, a defense-related isogene of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl CoA reductase (HMGR) in tobacco...
- Molecular characterization of three 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA reductase genes including pathogen-induced Hmg2 from pepper (Capsicum annuum)Sun Hwa Ha
Division of Metabolic Engineering, National Institute of Agricultural Biotechnology, RDA, 441 707, Suwon, South Korea
Biochim Biophys Acta 1625:253-60. 2003..cv. NocKwang) and the HMGR2 gene (Hmg2) was especially obtained from a cDNA library constructed with Phytophthora capsici-infected pepper root RNAs...
- Chemical phenotypes of the hmg1 and hmg2 mutants of Arabidopsis demonstrate the in-planta role of HMG-CoA reductase in triterpene biosynthesisKiyoshi Ohyama
RIKEN Plant Science Center, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 55:1518-21. 2007..We have previously isolated Arabidopsis mutants in HMG1 and HMG2. Although the biochemical function of HMGR2 has been thought to be almost equal to that of HMGR1, based on ..
- Investigating the effects of statins on cellular lipid metabolism using a yeast expression systemAgata Leszczynska
Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics PAS, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
PLoS ONE 4:e8499. 2009..Using a yeast strain with deletions of both HMG1 and HMG2 genes (i.e...
- Loss of function of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase 1 (HMG1) in Arabidopsis leads to dwarfing, early senescence and male sterility, and reduced sterol levelsMasashi Suzuki
Plant Science Center, RIKEN, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 230 0045, Japan
Plant J 37:750-61. 2004..To understand the contribution of HMGR to plant development, we isolated T-DNA insertion mutants for HMG1 and HMG2. The hmg1 and hmg2 mutants were both more sensitive than the wild type (WT) to lovastatin, an inhibitor of HMGR...
- Functional expression of human HMG-CoA reductase in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: a system to analyse normal and mutated versions of the enzyme in the context of statin treatmentM Wysocka-Kapcinska
Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
J Appl Microbiol 106:895-902. 2009..In this paper, we present a Saccharomyces cerevisiae expression system, which enables quick evaluation of the sensitivity of the wild-type and/or mutant forms of human HMG-CoA reductase towards statins or other drugs...
- Temporal expression of transcripts related to embryo quality in bovine embryos cultured from the two-cell to blastocyst stage in vitro or in vivoDeirdre Corcoran
School of Agriculture, Food Science and Veterinary Medicine, Conway Institute for Biomolecular and Biomedical Research, College of Life Sciences, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin, Ireland
Mol Reprod Dev 74:972-7. 2007..Analysis of relative transcript abundance for FOXO3A, EEF1G, HMG2, and REA was performed using quantitative real-time PCR...
- A gene from the human sex-determining region encodes a protein with homology to a conserved DNA-binding motifA H Sinclair
Human Molecular Genetics Laboratory, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Lincoln s Inn Fields, London, UK
Nature 346:240-4. 1990..pombe and a conserved DNA-binding motif present in the nuclear high-mobility-group proteins HMG1 and HMG2. This gene has been termed SRY (for sex-determining region Y) and proposed to be a candidate for the elusive testis-..
- Enhancement of DNA flexibility in vitro and in vivo by HMGB box A proteins carrying box B residuesNadia T Sebastian
Department of Chemistry, Creighton University, 2500 California Place, Omaha, Nebraska 68178, USA
Biochemistry 48:2125-34. 2009..in vitro and Escherichia coli DNA looping assays in vivo that an isolated HMG box A domain derived from human HMGB2 folds poorly and does not enhance apparent DNA flexibility...
- Ssz1 restores endoplasmic reticulum-associated protein degradation in cells expressing defective cdc48-ufd1-npl4 complex by upregulating cdc48Eran Bosis
Department of Biochemistry, George S Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Genetics 184:695-706. 2010..A pSSZ1 plasmid restored impaired ERAD-M of 6myc-Hmg2 in cdc48-10, ufd1-2, and npl4-1, while SSZ1 deletion had no effect. Ssz1p activates Pdr1p, the PDR master regulator...
- Photoaffinity isolation and identification of proteins in cancer cell extracts that bind to platinum-modified DNAEvan R Guggenheim
Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Chembiochem 10:141-57. 2009..repair factors RPA1, Ku70, Ku80, Msh2, DNA ligase III, PARP-1, and DNA-PKcs, as well as HMG-domain proteins HMGB1, HMGB2, HMGB3, and UBF1...
- The HMGB protein gene family in zebrafish: Evolution and embryonic expression patternsSilvia Moleri
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomolecolari e Biotecnologie, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milano, Italy
Gene Expr Patterns 11:3-11. 2011..In mammals, three family members are present: HMGB1, HMGB2 and HMGB3...
- Characterization of transgenic Arabidopsis plants overexpressing high mobility group B proteins under high salinity, drought or cold stressKyung Jin Kwak
Department of Plant Biotechnology, Agricultural Plant Stress Research Center and Biotechnology Research Institute, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Chonnam National University, Gwangju, 500 757 Korea
Plant Cell Physiol 48:221-31. 2007..The expression of HMGB2, HMGB3 and HMGB4 was up-regulated by cold stress, whereas the expression of HMGB2 and HMGB3 was markedly down-..
- Overexpression of high-mobility group box 2 is associated with tumor aggressiveness and prognosis of hepatocellular carcinomaJung Hee Kwon
Department of Life Science, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Hyoja Dong, Pohang, South Korea
Clin Cancer Res 16:5511-21. 2010We investigated the expression of high-mobility group box 2 (HMGB2) in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and its clinical effects with underlying mechanisms.
- HMGB factors are required for posterior digit development through integrating signaling pathway activitiesJunji Itou
Department of Genetics, Cell Biology and Development, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Dev Dyn 240:1151-62. 2011The chromatin factors Hmgb1 and Hmgb2 have critical roles in cellular processes, including transcription and DNA modification...
- Unexpected mobility of plant chromatin-associated HMGB proteinsThomas Merkle
Faculty of Biology and Institute for Genome Research and Systems Biology, Bielefeld University, Bielefeld, Germany
Plant Signal Behav 6:878-80. 2011..Recent studies revealed that Arabidopsis HMGB2/3 and B4 proteins are predominantly nuclear but also exist in the cytoplasm, suggesting an as yet unknown ..
- The sterol-sensing domain (SSD) directly mediates signal-regulated endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation (ERAD) of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl (HMG)-CoA reductase isozyme Hmg2Chandra L Theesfeld
Section of Cell and Developmental Biology, Division of Biological Sciences, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
J Biol Chem 286:26298-307. 2011..The yeast HMG-CoA reductase isozyme Hmg2, like its mammalian counterpart, undergoes endoplasmic reticulum (ER)-associated degradation that is subject to ..
- Changes in intranuclear chromatin architecture induce bipolar nuclear localization of histone variant H1T2 in male haploid spermatidsRaffaella Catena
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Molecularie et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM ULP, 1 rue Laurent Fries, 67404 Illkirch Cedex, France
Dev Biol 296:231-238. 2006..In contrast, in late round spermatids from trf2 -/- or hmgb2 -/- mice, a bipolar H1T2 localization was observed revealing that polarity is modified by loss of proteins ..
- Increasing the number of thyroid lesions classes in microarray analysis improves the relevance of diagnostic markersJean Fred Fontaine
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany
PLoS ONE 4:e7632. 2009..Our own dataset, containing about half the thyroid tissue samples, included all categories of thyroid lesions...
- High mobility group protein HMGB2 is a critical regulator of plasmodium oocyst developmentMathieu Gissot
Department of Medicine and of Microbiology and Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Biol Chem 283:17030-8. 2008..We disrupted the Plasmodium yoelii gene encoding high mobility group nuclear factor hmgb2, which encodes a DNA-binding protein potentially implicated in transcriptional regulation of malaria gene ..
- Recent integrations of mammalian Hmg retropseudogenesEillen Tecle
Department of Biology, Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI 48197, USA
J Genet 85:179-85. 2006..It is apparent that retropseudogenes continue to shape mammalian genomes, and may provide insight into the process of retrotransposition, as well as offer potential use as phylogenetic markers...
- High-mobility group box proteins modulate tumor necrosis factor-alpha expression in osteoclastogenesis via a novel deoxyribonucleic acid sequenceKosj Yamoah
Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Mol Endocrinol 22:1141-53. 2008..We further show how RANKL treatment stimulates the high-mobility group box proteins (HMGB) HMGB1 and HMGB2 to bind the RANKL-responsive sequence and up-regulates TNFalpha transcription...
- Mechanism of DNA flexibility enhancement by HMGB proteinsJingyun Zhang
Department of Physics, Northeastern University, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 37:1107-14. 2009..flexibility is studied by examining complexes of double-stranded DNA with the high mobility group type B proteins HMGB2 (Box A) and HMGB1 (Box A+B) using atomic force microscopy...
- Human mitochondrial transcription factor A possesses multiple subcellular targeting signalsViktoriya Pastukh
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL 36688, USA
FEBS J 274:6488-99. 2007..Three regions of hTFAM [HMG-like domain 1 (HMG1) and HMG-like domain 2 (HMG2), as well as the tail region] can effect nuclear accumulation of enhanced green fluorescent protein (EGFP) fusions...
- High mobility group box2 promoter-controlled suicide gene expression enables targeted glioblastoma treatmentPoonam Balani
Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, Singapore
Mol Ther 17:1003-11. 2009..We observed that the human high mobility group box2 (HMGB2) gene had a low level of expression in normal human brain tissues, but was significantly upregulated in ..
- HMGB1/2 can target DNA for illegitimate cleavage by the RAG1/2 complexMing Zhang
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Creighton University Medical Center, Omaha, NE, USA
BMC Mol Biol 10:24. 2009..The high mobility group proteins HMGB1 and HMGB2 (HMGB1/2) are highly abundant architectural DNA binding proteins known to promote RAG-mediated synapsis and ..
- Basonuclin-null mutation impairs homeostasis and wound repair in mouse corneal epitheliumXiaohong Zhang
Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e1087. 2007..also perturbs RNA polymerase II (Pol II) transcripts from genes encoding chromatin structure proteins histone 3 and HMG2, transcription factor Gli2, gap-junction protein connexin 43 and adheren E-cadherin...
- Chromatin-associated proteins HMGB1/2 and PDIA3 trigger cellular response to chemotherapy-induced DNA damageNatalia F Krynetskaia
Temple University School of Pharmacy, 3307 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 8:864-72. 2009..The functional role of HMGB1 and HMGB1-associated proteins (high-mobility group protein B2, HMGB2; glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase, GAPDH; protein disulfide isomerase family A member 3, PDIA3; and heat ..
- HMG-D is an architecture-specific protein that preferentially binds to DNA containing the dinucleotide TGM E Churchill
Department of Cell and Structural Biology, University of Illinois, Urbana 61801, USA
EMBO J 14:1264-75. 1995..is a highly abundant chromosomal protein that is closely related to the vertebrate HMG domain proteins HMG1 and HMG2. In general, chromosomal HMG domain proteins lack sequence specificity...
- Genome-wide alterations in gene methylation by the BRAF V600E mutation in papillary thyroid cancer cellsPeng Hou
Laboratory for Cellular and Molecular Thyroid Research, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Endocr Relat Cancer 18:687-97. 2011..Our results demonstrated that the HMGB2 gene played a role in PTC cell proliferation and the FDG1 gene in cell invasion...
- A novel family of plant DNA-binding proteins containing both HMG-box and AT-rich interaction domainsFrederik T Hansen
Department of Life Sciences, Aalborg University, Sohngaardsholmsvej 49, DK 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
Biochemistry 47:13207-14. 2008..The genes encoding ARID-HMG1 and ARID-HMG2 are widely expressed in Arabidopsis but at different levels...
- HMGB proteins function as universal sentinels for nucleic-acid-mediated innate immune responsesHideyuki Yanai
Department of Immunology, Graduate School of Medicine and Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Hongo 7 3 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Nature 462:99-103. 2009..Hmgb1(-/-) and Hmgb2(-/-) mouse cells are defective in type-I interferon and inflammatory cytokine induction by DNA or RNA targeted to ..
- RAG1/2 re-expression causes receptor revision in a model B cell lineTanya R Da Sylva
Faculty of Pure and Applied Science, York University, Room 136, Farquharson Building, 4700 Keele St, Toronto, Ont, Canada M3J 1P3
Mol Immunol 44:889-99. 2007..in expression levels between the two lines for: fibronectin, lysyl oxidase, TAP2, B220, Igkappa, TIS11B, HMG2 and DNAPKcs...
- High mobility group proteins 1 and 2 can function as DNA-binding regulatory components for DNA-dependent protein kinase in vitroY Yumoto
Department of Pathological Biochemistry, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo 101 0062, Japan
J Biochem 124:519-27. 1998..The HMG2-domains (A+B) polypeptide devoid of the C-terminal acidic region was more effective for DNA-PKcs stimulation than ..
- Isolation and structural characterization of a cDNA encoding Arabidopsis thaliana 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductaseC Caelles
Unitat de Bioquimica, Facultat de Farmacia, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain
Plant Mol Biol 13:627-38. 1989..A. thaliana contains two different HMG-CoA reductase genes (HMG1 and HMG2), as estimated by gene cloning and Southern blot analysis. Northern blot analysis reveals a single transcript of 2...
- High mobility group proteins 1 and 2 recognize chromium-damaged DNAJ F Wang
Department of Pathology, School of Dental Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104 6002, USA
Carcinogenesis 18:371-5. 1997..Protein binding was lesion density-dependent, with maximal binding to DNA treated with 100 microM CrCl3. HMG2 binds to Cr-DNA with a calculated Kd of approximately 10(-9) M...
- Cloning and analysis of an HMG gene from the lamprey Lampetra fluviatilis: gene duplication in vertebrate evolutionA C Sharman
School of Animal and Microbial Sciences, The University of Reading, Whiteknights, UK
Gene 184:99-105. 1997..Molecular phylogenetic analysis shows that LfHMG1 is descended from a gene ancestral to mammalian HMG1 and HMG2. This implies that there was a duplication event in the HMG1/2 gene family, that occurred after the divergence of ..
- Ancestry and diversity of the HMG box superfamilyV Laudet
CNRS URA 1160, Institut Pasteur, Lille, France
Nucleic Acids Res 21:2493-501. 1993..The HMG box superfamily comprises a.o. the High Mobility Group proteins HMG1 and HMG2, the nucleolar transcription factor UBF, the lymphoid transcription factors TCF-1 and LEF-1, the fungal mating-type ..
- PCR amplification of SRY-related gene sequences reveals evolutionary conservation of the SRY-box motifA M Coriat
Department of Cell and Structural Biology, University of Manchester, UK
PCR Methods Appl 2:218-22. 1993..shares a high degree of homology with a DNA-binding domain found in the high-mobility-group (HMG) proteins HMG1 and HMG2. The SRY box motif is highly conserved in several sequence-specific DNA-binding proteins that are known to act as ..
- Localization of the binding region of high mobility group protein 2 to cisplatin-damaged DNAD L Lawrence
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104
J Biol Chem 268:23940-5. 1993..In the present study partial proteolytic digestion was used to localize the binding region of HMG2. A proteolytic fragment of approximately 20 kDa, containing the amino-terminal region of the protein, maintains the ..
- Activation of the TFIID-TFIIA complex with HMG-2B M Shykind
Center for Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139 4307, USA
Genes Dev 9:1354-65. 1995....
- Expression of the Arabidopsis HMG2 gene, encoding 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase, is restricted to meristematic and floral tissuesM Enjuto
Departament de Bioquimica i Fisiologia, Facultat de Quimica, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain
Plant Cell 7:517-27. 1995..1.1.34). In Arabidopsis, HMGR is encoded by two differentially expressed genes (HMG1 and HMG2)...
- High mobility group protein 2 functionally interacts with the POU domains of octamer transcription factorsS Zwilling
Zentrum für Molekulare Biologie Heidelberg, Germany
EMBO J 14:1198-208. 1995..We have mapped the interaction domains for both proteins and have shown that HMG2 and Oct2 interact via their HMG domains and POU homeodomains, respectively...
- Structure and function of a human transcription factor TFIIIB subunit that is evolutionarily conserved and contains both TFIIB- and high-mobility-group protein 2-related domainsZ Wang
Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:7026-30. 1995..The C-terminal half of TFIIIB90 contains a high-mobility-group protein 2 (HMG2)-related domain and interacts strongly with TBP...
- Structural and functional conservation between yeast and human 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductases, the rate-limiting enzyme of sterol biosynthesisM E Basson
Department of Biochemistry, University of California, Berkeley 94720
Mol Cell Biol 8:3797-808. 1988..acid sequence of the two yeast HMG-CoA reductase isozymes was deduced from DNA sequence analysis of the HMG1 and HMG2 genes...
- Identifying mutations in duplicated functions in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: recessive mutations in HMG-CoA reductase genesM E Basson
Department of Biochemistry, University of California, Berkeley 94720
Genetics 117:645-55. 1987The two yeast genes for 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A (HMG-CoA) reductase, HMG1 and HMG2, each encode a functional isozyme...
- Tissue specificity of nucleo-cytoplasmic distribution of HMG1 and HMG2 proteins and their probable functionsM I Mosevitsky
Leningrad Nuclear Physics Institute, Academy of Sciences of the USSR, Gatchina
Eur J Biochem 185:303-10. 1989The levels and distribution between nucleus and cytoplasm of HMG1 and HMG2 proteins have been investigated in different tissues of mammals...
- Primary structure of non-histone chromosomal protein HMG2 revealed by the nucleotide sequenceH Shirakawa
Department of Biological Science and Technology, Science University of Tokyo, Chiba, Japan
Biochemistry 29:4419-23. 1990The isolation and sequencing of a cDNA clone for the entire sequence of pig thymus non-histone protein HMG2 are described. cDNA the size of 1153 nucleotides contains an open reading frame of 627 nucleotides...
- Sequence of human HMG2 cDNAA Majumdar
Otsuka Pharmaceuticals, Rockville, MD 20850
Nucleic Acids Res 19:6643. 1991
- A human HMG2 cDNA with a novel 3'-untranslated regionS Alexandre
Department of Biochemistry, Norris Cancer Research Center, University of Southern California School of Medicine, Los Angeles 90033
Nucleic Acids Res 20:6413. 1992
- Selection of a cDNA clone for chicken high-mobility-group 1 (HMG1) protein through its unusually conserved 3'-untranslated region, and improved expression of recombinant HMG1 in Escherichia coliK B Lee
Cambridge Centre for Molecular Recognition and Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, 80 Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1GA, UK
Gene 225:97-105. 1998..HMG) 1 and 2 using DNA probes based on the coding sequences is likely to result in isolation of both HMG1 and HMG2 clones, as well as pseudogenes, which may be transcribed at low levels...
- Genome scans and gene expression microarrays converge to identify gene regulatory loci relevant in schizophreniaMarquis P Vawter
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Functional Genomics Laboratory, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Hum Genet 119:558-70. 2006..region were also differentially expressed in schizophrenia in postmortem dorsolateral prefrontal cortex: AGA, HMGB2, and SCRG1...
- Phosphorylation of maize and Arabidopsis HMGB proteins by protein kinase CK2alphaChristian Stemmer
Institute of Life Sciences, Aalborg University, Sohngaardsholmsvej 49, DK 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
Biochemistry 42:3503-8. 2003..Maize CK2alpha phosphorylates the maize HMGB1 and HMGB2/3 proteins and the Arabidopsis HMGB1, HMGB2/3, and HMGB4 proteins...
- Crystal structure of the apoptosis-inducing human granzyme A dimerClara Hink-Schauer
Department of Neuroimmunology, Max Planck Institute of Neurobiology, Am Klopferspitz 18a, D 82152 Planegg Martinsried, Germany
Nat Struct Biol 10:535-40. 2003..also named putative HLA-associated protein II or PHAPII), PHAPI (pp32, leucine-rich acidic nuclear protein) and HMG2 by GzmA liberates NM23-H1, a Mg2+-dependent DNase that causes single-stranded breaks in nuclear DNA...
- Molecular targets for tumour progression in gastrointestinal stromal tumoursN Koon
Digestive Health Center of Excellence, University of Virginia Health System, PO Box 800708, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0708, USA
Gut 53:235-40. 2004..In order to define genetic biomarkers and identify target genes related to GIST progression, we analysed and compared benign and malignant GISTs with verified follow up data using cDNA expression arrays...
- The role of the C-terminal extension (CTE) of the estrogen receptor alpha and beta DNA binding domain in DNA binding and interaction with HMGBVida Senkus Melvin
Molecular Biology Program, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
J Biol Chem 279:14763-71. 2004..The CTE of both ER subtypes was also shown to be required for interaction with ERE half-sites. These studies reveal the importance of the CTE and HMGB-1/-2 for ERalpha and ERbeta interaction with their cognate target DNAs...
- A novel TCTG(G/C) direct repeat and an A/T-rich HMG2-binding site control the expression of the rat cardiac troponin T geneQin Wang
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, 52242, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 34:1667-79. 2002..Moreover, cardiac-specific 42kDa proteins and a ubiquitous high mobility group 2 (HMG2) protein were identified to be responsible for the binding to the TCTG(G/C) direct repeat and the A/T-rich sequence,..
- Interplay between human high mobility group protein 1 and replication protein A on psoralen-cross-linked DNAMadhava C Reddy
Department of Carcinogenesis, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Science Park Research Division, 1808 Park Road 1 C, Smithville, Texas 78957, USA
Biochemistry 44:4188-95. 2005..Our results reveal that human HMGB1 (but not HMGB2) binds with high affinity and specificity to psoralen ICLs, and interacts with the essential NER protein, ..
- Recruitment of Drosophila Polycomb group proteins to chromatin by DSP1Jérôme Déjardin
Institute of Human Genetics, CNRS, 141 rue de la Cardonille, F 34396 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Nature 434:533-8. 2005..Here we show that the Dorsal switch protein 1 (DSP1), a Drosophila HMGB2 homologue, binds to a sequence present within Ab-Fab and in other characterized PREs...
- Dual binding modes for an HMG domain from human HMGB2 on DNAMicah McCauley
Department of Physics and Center for Interdisciplinary Research on Complex Systems, Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Biophys J 89:353-64. 2005..In the presence of nanomolar concentrations of isolated HMG box A from HMGB2, DNA shows a decrease in its persistence length, where the protein induces an average DNA bend angle of 114 +/- 21 ..
- Inappropriate gene activation in FSHD: a repressor complex binds a chromosomal repeat deleted in dystrophic muscleDavide Gabellini
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Program in Gene Function and Expression, Program in Molecular Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Cell 110:339-48. 2002..within D4Z4 specifically binds a multiprotein complex consisting of YY1, a known transcriptional repressor, HMGB2, an architectural protein, and nucleolin...
- Differential chromatin association and nucleosome binding of the maize HMGA, HMGB, and SSRP1 proteinsJ Lichota
Department of Life Science, Aalborg University, Sohngaardsholmsvej 49, DK 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
Biochemistry 40:7860-7. 2001..This was confirmed by treatment of chromatin with micrococcal nuclease, demonstrating that the HMGA, HMGB2/3, and SSRP1 proteins are enriched in the highly nuclease-sensitive fraction of chromatin, which is likely to be ..
- HMG2 interacts with the nucleosome assembly protein SET and is a target of the cytotoxic T-lymphocyte protease granzyme AZusen Fan
Center for Blood Research and Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:2810-20. 2002..find that the SET complex contains DNA binding and bending activities mediated by the chromatin-associated protein HMG2. HMG2 facilitates assembly of nucleoprotein higher-order structures by bending and looping DNA or by stabilizing ..
- Identification of casein kinase Ialpha interacting protein partnersThierry Dubois
The University of Edinburgh, Division of Biomedical and Clinical Laboratory Sciences, Hugh Robson Building, George Square, Edinburgh, UK
FEBS Lett 517:167-71. 2002..we identified several CKIalpha interacting proteins including RCC1, high mobility group proteins 1 and 2 (HMG1, HMG2), Erf, centaurin-alpha1, synaptotagmin IX and CPI-17 that were isolated from brain as CKIalpha co-purifying ..
- Aging-related loss of the chromatin protein HMGB2 in articular cartilage is linked to reduced cellularity and osteoarthritisNoboru Taniguchi
Division of Arthritis Research, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:1181-6. 2009..In human and murine cartilage, there is an aging-related loss of HMGB2 expression, ultimately leading to its complete absence...
- Chromatin components as part of a putative transcriptional repressing complexN Lehming
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, 7 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:7322-6. 1998..Each of these proteins represses transcription when tethered to DNA in mammalian cells. These results suggest how heterochromatin proteins might be recruited to specific sites on DNA with resultant specific effects on gene expression...
- Structure of a gene coding for human HMG2 proteinH Shirakawa
Department of Biological Science and Technology, Science University of Tokyo, Chiba, Japan
J Biol Chem 267:6641-5. 1992A human genomic library was screened with the pig thymus cDNA coding for chromosomal protein HMG2. A 4341-base pair fragment containing the entire gene encoding this protein was isolated and characterized...
- HMGB2 in cartilage homeostasis, aging and osteoarthritisMartin K Lotz; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our preliminary studies show that the chromatin protein HMGB2 is exclusively expressed in the SZ of articular cartilage...
- Investigating the Molecular Basis of FSHDRossella Tupler; Fiscal Year: 2007..Through biochemical purification, we have isolated three proteins, YYI, HMGB2, and nucleolin, forming a multi-protein complex that binds D4Z4...
- END JOINING REACTION IN DNA REPAIR & V(D)J RECOMBINATIONGilbert Chu; Fiscal Year: 2001..by protein purification and by testing specific candidates, including XRCC4, DNA ligases I and IV, RPA, HMG1 and HMG2. Once the initial steps have been characterized, a search will be conducted for the complete end-joining reaction ..
- Control of Cardiac Troponin T Gene ExpressionJim Jung Ching Lin; Fiscal Year: 2006..and an A/T-rich sequence, recognized by a cardiac-specific 42 kDa proteins and a ubiquitous high mobility group 2 (HMG2) protein, respectively. Additionally, F contains a MEF2-like motif, which has an A/T-rich core...
- Targeting of somatic hypermutation and gene conversionDavid Schatz; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results of these experiments should set the stage for significant progress toward an understanding of the mechanism by which protein factors and DNA sequences collaborate to target SM and GC to Ig genes. ..
- IMMUNOGLOBULIN AND T CELL RECEPTOR GENE ASSEMBLYDavid Schatz; Fiscal Year: 2007..These aberrations contribute to the development of certain blood cancers and it is hoped that this work will provide insights into the causes of these mistakes. ..
- INTERDISCIPLINARY IMMUNOLOGY TRAINING PROGRAMDavid Schatz; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such research is expected to yield new vaccines, new therapies to combat viruses and bacteria, and new treatments for autoimmune diseases such as diabetes, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis and hypersensitivity disorders such as asthma. ..
- Mitochondrial Abnormalities in Schizophrenia and Bipolar DisorderMARQUIS PHILIP VAWTER; Fiscal Year: 2010..By understanding the accumulation of mitochondrial DNA defects in brain, it will advance mitochondrial medicine for earlier diagnosis and treatment of brain related disorders. ..
- Biomarker Genes in Mood Disorder: Lymphocyte and BrainMARQUIS VAWTER; Fiscal Year: 2006..The potential use of biomarkers in lymphocytes will provide clinical researchers a tool to better address questions concerning diagnostic subgroups and treatment responders and non-responders. ..
- IMMUNOGLOBULIN AND T CELL RECEPTOR GENE ASSEMBLYDavid Schatz; Fiscal Year: 2006..Overall, our experiments will address both the targeting and rejoining functions of the RAG proteins, with the long term goal of linking these fundamental activities to chromosomal translocations found in human malignancies. ..
- IMMUNOGLOBULIN AND T CELL RECEPTOR GENE ASSEMBLYDavid Schatz; Fiscal Year: 1993..Identification of the components of the enzyme and an understanding of the role each plays in the recombination reaction should provide insights into the mechanisms by which defects in the reaction lead to human disease...
- IMMUNOGLOBULIN AND T CELL RECEPTOR GENE ASSEMBLYDavid Schatz; Fiscal Year: 2001..Identification of the components of the enzyme and an understanding of the role each plays in the recombination reaction should provide insights into the mechanisms by which defects in the reaction lead to human disease. ..