Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HLX
Description: H2.0 like homeobox
Alias: HB24, HLX1, H2.0-like homeobox protein, H2.0-like homeo box-1, H2.0-like homeobox 1, homeobox protein HB24, homeobox protein HLX1
Publications135 found, 100 shown here
- Kameyama H, Udagawa O, Hoshi T, Toukairin Y, Arai T, Nogami M. The mRNA expressions and immunohistochemistry of factors involved in angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis in the early stage of rat skin incision wounds. Leg Med (Tokyo). 2015;17:255-60 pubmed publisher..Our novel findings show the possible involvement of several factors involved in angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis in the early stage of wound healing process, which may be useful for forensic wound evaluations. ..
- Chen G, Yang X, Yang X, Li L, Luo J, Dong H, et al. Jia-Wei-Jiao-Tai-Wan ameliorates type 2 diabetes by improving ? cell function and reducing insulin resistance in diabetic rats. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:507 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that JWJTW can ameliorate type 2 diabetes by improving ? cell function and reducing insulin resistance in diabetic rats. ..
- Zhang Y, Feng F, Chen T, Li Z, Shen Q. Antidiabetic and antihyperlipidemic activities of Forsythia suspensa (Thunb.) Vahl (fruit) in streptozotocin-induced diabetes mice. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016;192:256-263 pubmed publisher..Vahl fruit has potency to develop an antihyperglycemic and antihyperlipidemic agent for the treatment of diabetes mellitus via modulation of oxidative stress, the hepatic glucose metabolism and pancreatic insulin secretion. ..
- Li R, Wu J, He J, Wang Y, Liu X, Chen X, et al. Mice endometrium receptivity in early pregnancy is impaired by maternal hyperinsulinemia. Mol Med Rep. 2017;15:2503-2510 pubmed publisher..The present study provides preliminary results demonstrating that female reproduction may be compromised during hyperinsulinemia, which requires further investigation in future studies. ..
- Vizziano Cantonnet D, Lasalle A, Di Landro S, Klopp C, Genthon C. De novo transcriptome analysis to search for sex-differentiation genes in the Siberian sturgeon. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2018;: pubmed publisher..These newly-reported genes are involved in stem-cell niche building and regulation as well as sex-specific nerve development. ..
- Song Y, Liu C, Liu X, Trottier J, Beaudoin M, Zhang L, et al. H19 promotes cholestatic liver fibrosis by preventing ZEB1-mediated inhibition of epithelial cell adhesion molecule. Hepatology. 2017;66:1183-1196 pubmed publisher..The activation of hepatic H19RNA promoted cholestatic liver fibrosis in mice through the ZEB1/EpCAM signaling pathway. (Hepatology 2017;66:1183-1196). ..
- Kaushansky A, Kaushansky K. Systems biology of megakaryocytes. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2014;844:59-84 pubmed publisher..This chapter focuses on these pathways in normal and neoplastic megakaryopoiesis, and suggests areas that are ripe for further study. ..
- Qureshi A, Khan D, Mushtaq S, Ye S, Xiong M, Qureshi N. ?-Tocotrienol feeding modulates gene expression of EIF2, mTOR, protein ubiquitination through multiple-signaling pathways in chronic hepatitis C patients. Lipids Health Dis. 2018;17:167 pubmed publisher..These studies may lead to development of novel classes of drugs for treatment of chronic hepatitis C patients. ..
- Palazzo E, Kellett M, Cataisson C, Bible P, Bhattacharya S, Sun H, et al. A novel DLX3-PKC integrated signaling network drives keratinocyte differentiation. Cell Death Differ. 2017;24:717-730 pubmed publisher..Altogether, we demonstrate the existence of a robust DLX3-PKCÎ± signaling pathway in keratinocytes that is crucial to epidermal differentiation control and cutaneous homeostasis. ..
- Huang J, Wu J, Xiang S, Sheng S, Jiang Y, Yang Z, et al. Catalpol preserves neural function and attenuates the pathology of Alzheimer's disease in mice. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:491-6 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study indicate that catalpol may be a potential drug for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases such as AD. ..
- Li Y, Wang Y, He Q, Dang X, Cao Y, Wu X, et al. Genetic mutational testing of Chinese children with familial hematuria with biopsy?proven FSGS. Mol Med Rep. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The combination of mass array technology and WES may improve the detection rate of genetic mutation with a high level of accuracy...
- Yong H, Eamsobhana P, Lim P, Razali R, Aziz F, Rosli N, et al. Draft genome of neurotropic nematode parasite Angiostrongylus cantonensis, causative agent of human eosinophilic meningitis. Acta Trop. 2015;148:51-7 pubmed publisher..briggsae (37.69%), A. suum (37.9%) and N. americanus (40.2%) while the scaffold N50 is 42,191. This draft genome will facilitate the understanding of many unresolved issues on the parasite and the disorder it causes. ..
- Xiang Q, Liao Y, Chao H, Huang W, Liu J, Chen H, et al. ISL1 overexpression enhances the survival of transplanted human mesenchymal stem cells in a murine myocardial infarction model. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2018;9:51 pubmed publisher..ISL1 overexpression in hMSCs may represent a novel strategy for enhancing the effectiveness of stem cell therapy after MI. ..
- Zhang Y, Zoltan M, Riquelme E, Xu H, Sahin I, Castro Pando S, et al. Immune Cell Production of Interleukin 17 Induces Stem Cell Features of Pancreatic Intraepithelial Neoplasia Cells. Gastroenterology. 2018;155:210-223.e3 pubmed publisher..Strategies to disrupt this pathway might be developed to prevent pancreatic tumor growth and progression. ..
- Tapia Pizarro A, Archiles S, ArgandoÃ±a F, Valencia C, Zavaleta K, Cecilia Johnson M, et al. hCG activates Epac-Erk1/2 signaling regulating Progesterone Receptor expression and function in human endometrial stromal cells. Mol Hum Reprod. 2017;23:393-405 pubmed publisher..This work was supported by the National Fund for Scientific and Technological Development, Government of Chile (FONDECYT) grants 11100443 and 1140614 (A.T.-P.). The authors have no conflicts of interest to declare. ..
- Leng L, Tan Y, Gong F, Hu L, Ouyang Q, Zhao Y, et al. Differentiation of primordial germ cells from induced pluripotent stem cells of primary ovarian insufficiency. Hum Reprod. 2015;30:737-48 pubmed publisher..81222007 and 81471432), the Program for New Century Excellent Talents in University and the Fundamental Research Funds for Central Universities (No. 721500003). The authors have no competing interests to declare. Not applicable. ..
- Watanabe Y, Stanchina L, Lecerf L, Gacem N, Conidi A, Baral V, et al. Differentiation of Mouse Enteric Nervous System Progenitor Cells Is Controlled by Endothelin 3 and Requires Regulation of Ednrb by SOX10 and ZEB2. Gastroenterology. 2017;152:1139-1150.e4 pubmed publisher..In studies of cultured EPCs and mice, we found that control of differentiation of mouse enteric nervous system progenitor cells by EDN3 requires regulation of Ednrb expression by SOX10 and ZEB2. ..
- Kusuyama J, Kamisono A, ChangHwan S, Amir M, Bandow K, Eiraku N, et al. Spleen tyrosine kinase influences the early stages of multilineage differentiation of bone marrow stromal cell lines by regulating phospholipase C gamma activities. J Cell Physiol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that Syk-PLC? signaling has a dual role in regulating the initial stage of adipogenic and osteogenic differentiation of BMSCs. ..
- Xu Z, Ramachandran S, Gunasekaran M, Zhou F, Trulock E, Kreisel D, et al. MicroRNA-144 dysregulates the transforming growth factor-Î² signaling cascade and contributes to the development of bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome after human lung transplantation. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2015;34:1154-62 pubmed publisher..miR-144 is a critical regulator of the TGF-Î² signaling cascade and is over-expressed in lungs with BOS. Therefore, miR-144 is a potential target toward preventing fibrosis leading to BOS after lung transplant. ..
- Wang Q, Kurita H, Carreira V, Ko C, Fan Y, Zhang X, et al. Ah Receptor Activation by Dioxin Disrupts Activin, BMP, and WNT Signals During the Early Differentiation of Mouse Embryonic Stem Cells and Inhibits Cardiomyocyte Functions. Toxicol Sci. 2016;149:346-57 pubmed publisher..Sustained AHR activation during ES cell differentiation appears to disrupt the expression of signals critical to the ontogeny of cardiac mesoderm and cause the loss of contractility in the resulting cardiomyocyte lineage. ..
- Ullah E, Nadeem Saqib M, Sajid S, Shah N, Zubair M, Khan M, et al. Genetic analysis of consanguineous families presenting with congenital ocular defects. Exp Eye Res. 2016;146:163-71 pubmed publisher..This is the first comprehensive study on families with A/M from the Indian subcontinent which provides further evidence for the involvement of known genes with novel and recurrent mutations...
- Tang H, Zhang W, Yan X, Wang L, Dong H, Shou T, et al. Analysis of SLC4A11, ZEB1, LOXHD1, COL8A2 and TCF4 gene sequences in a multi-generational family with late-onset Fuchs corneal dystrophy. Int J Mol Med. 2016;37:1487-500 pubmed publisher..Our observation, nevertheless, expands the knowledge of the genetic status of patients with FCD. ..
- Li Z, Li B, Liu J, Guo Z, Liu Y, Li Y, et al. Transcription factors AS1 and AS2 interact with LHP1 to repress KNOX genes in Arabidopsis. J Integr Plant Biol. 2016;58:959-970 pubmed publisher..Additionally, our transcriptome analysis indicated that there are probably more common target genes of AS1 and LHP1 besides Class-I KNOX genes during leaf development in Arabidopsis. ..
- Martinez R, Rocha J, Bejarano D, Gomez Y, Abuabara Y, Gallego J. Identification of SNPs in growth-related genes in Colombian creole cattle. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15: pubmed publisher..These SNPs might be used in future breeding programs to improve the productive performance of cattle in beef farms. ..
- Shrestha B, Ansari K, Bhan A, Kasiri S, Hussain I, Mandal S. Homeodomain-containing protein HOXB9 regulates expression of growth and angiogenic factors, facilitates tumor growth in vitro and is overexpressed in breast cancer tissue. FEBS J. 2012;279:3715-3726 pubmed publisher..Overall, we demonstrated that HOXB9 is a critical regulator of tumor growth factors and is associated with tumorigenesis. ..
- Li H, Yu P, Huang K, Su H, Hsiao T, Chang C, et al. NKX6.1 functions as a metastatic suppressor through epigenetic regulation of the epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Oncogene. 2016;35:2266-78 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that NKX6.1 functions as an EMT suppressor by interacting with different epigenetic modifiers, making it a potential novel therapeutic option. ..
- Raja E, Komuro A, Tanabe R, Sakai S, Ino Y, Saito N, et al. Bone morphogenetic protein signaling mediated by ALK-2 and DLX2 regulates apoptosis in glioma-initiating cells. Oncogene. 2017;36:4963-4974 pubmed publisher..Our study thus reveals BMP-mediated inhibitory mechanisms for glioblastoma, which explains, at least in part, the therapeutic effects of VPA. ..
- Tang X, Jiao L, Zheng M, Yan Y, Nie Q, Wu T, et al. Tau Deficiency Down-Regulated Transcription Factor Orthodenticle Homeobox 2 Expression in the Dopaminergic Neurons in Ventral Tegmental Area and Caused No Obvious Motor Deficits in Mice. Neuroscience. 2018;373:52-59 pubmed publisher..However, OTX2 down-regulation indicates that mDANs of tau-deficient mice will be more sensitive to toxic damage from MPTP. ..
- Mallona I, Sierco A, Peinado M. The Pancancer DNA Methylation Trackhub: A Window to The Cancer Genome Atlas Epigenomics Data. Methods Mol Biol. 2018;1766:123-135 pubmed publisher..The DNA methylation pancancer trackhub is freely available at http://maplab.cat/tcga_450k_trackhub . ..
- Ryu S, Heo S, Park E, Choi K, Ryu J, Lee S, et al. Selumetinib Inhibits Melanoma Metastasis to Mouse Liver via Suppression of EMT-targeted Genes. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:607-614 pubmed..Our data suggest the possibility that selumetinib presents a new strategy to treat liver metastasis in patients with melanoma by suppressing epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition-related genes. ..
- Khan A, Muhammad N, Aziz A, Khan S, Shah K, Nasir A, et al. A novel mutation in homeobox DNA binding domain of HOXC13 gene underlies pure hair and nail ectodermal dysplasia (ECTD9) in a Pakistani family. BMC Med Genet. 2017;18:42 pubmed publisher..This is the first mutation reported in homeodomain, while 5th mutation reported in HOXC13 gene causing PHNED. ..
- Wang X, Chen S, Burtscher I, Sterr M, Hieronimus A, Machicao F, et al. Generation of a human induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) line from a patient with family history of diabetes carrying a C18R mutation in the PDX1 gene. Stem Cell Res. 2016;17:292-295 pubmed publisher..The resulting PDX1 C18R iPSCs generated by episomal reprogramming are integration-free, have a normal karyotype and are pluripotent in vitro and in vivo. Taken together, this iPSC line will be useful to study diabetes pathomechanisms. ..
- Yang S. Association study between ZFHX3 gene polymorphisms and obesity in Korean population. J Exerc Rehabil. 2017;13:491-494 pubmed publisher..05 in each model, respectively). In conclusion, these results indicate that SNPs of ZFHX3 gene might be contributed to development of obesity in the Korean population...
- Akiyama T, Shida T, Yoshitomi H, Takano S, Kagawa S, Shimizu H, et al. Expression of Sex Determining Region Y-Box 2 and Pancreatic and Duodenal Homeobox 1 in Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors. Pancreas. 2016;45:522-7 pubmed publisher..The expression patterns of SOX2 and Pdx1 highly correlated with prognosis of p-NETs. These expression patterns may represent the biological and pathophysiological difference of p-NETs and indicate the origin of tumor. ..
- Gage B, Asadi A, Baker R, Webber T, Wang R, Itoh M, et al. The Role of ARX in Human Pancreatic Endocrine Specification. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0144100 pubmed publisher..Taken together these data suggest that ARX plays a key role in pancreatic endocrine fate specification of pancreatic polypeptide, somatostatin, glucagon and insulin positive cells from hESCs. ..
- Shields B, Jackson J, Metcalf D, Shi W, Huang Q, Garnham A, et al. Acute myeloid leukemia requires Hhex to enable PRC2-mediated epigenetic repression of Cdkn2a. Genes Dev. 2016;30:78-91 pubmed publisher..Thus, Hhex is a potential therapeutic target that is specifically required for AML stem cells to repress tumor suppressor pathways and enable continued self-renewal. ..
- Kothari A, Arffa M, Chang V, Blackwell R, Syn W, Zhang J, et al. Osteopontin-A Master Regulator of Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition. J Clin Med. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Together, these diverse pathways demonstrate that OPN is able to modulate EMT and provide new targets for directing therapeutics. ..
- Liu D, Pattabiraman V, Bacanamwo M, Anderson L. Iroquois homeobox transcription factor (Irx5) promotes G1/S-phase transition in vascular smooth muscle cells by CDK2-dependent activation. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2016;311:C179-89 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that Irx5 plays an important role in VSMC G1/S-phase cell cycle checkpoint control and apoptosis. ..
- Li W, Li N, Kang X, Shi K, Chen Q. Prognostic value of the long noncoding RNA HOTTIP in human cancers. Oncotarget. 2017;8:59563-59569 pubmed publisher..28, 95% CI: 2.22-4.83, P < 0.001). This meta-analysis demonstrated that high HOTTIP expression in cancer patients is associated with poor clinical outcomes. Thus, HOTTIP is a potential predictive biomarker of cancer. ..
- Weese Mayer D, Rand C, Zhou A, Carroll M, Hunt C. Congenital central hypoventilation syndrome: a bedside-to-bench success story for advancing early diagnosis and treatment and improved survival and quality of life. Pediatr Res. 2017;81:192-201 pubmed publisher..In summary, from an initial guarantee of early mortality or severe neurologic morbidity in survivors, CCHS children can now be diagnosed early and managed effectively, achieving dramatically improved quality of life as adults...
- Shi Y, Sun X, He X. Overexpression of Aristaless-Like Homeobox-4 Inhibits Proliferation, Invasion, and EMT in Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cells. Oncol Res. 2017;25:11-18 pubmed publisher..We also found that ALX4 had an inhibitory effect on the sonic hedgehog (Shh) signaling pathway. Taken together, the results suggest that ALX4 may be a promising target for HCC treatment. ..
- Borgmann J, TÃ¼ttelmann F, Dworniczak B, RÃ¶pke A, Song H, Kliesch S, et al. The human RHOX gene cluster: target genes and functional analysis of gene variants in infertile men. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:4898-4910 pubmed publisher..By combining clinical data with in vitro functional analysis, we demonstrate how the X-linked RHOX gene cluster may function in normal human spermatogenesis and we provide evidence that it is impaired in human male fertility. ..
- Zhang S, Yu N, Wang L, Liu Y, Kong Y, Liu J, et al. Prox1 represses IL-2 gene expression by interacting with NFAT2. Oncotarget. 2017;8:69422-69434 pubmed publisher..The N-terminal region of Prox1 was essential for the binding and repression. In summary, our findings established Prox1 as a negative regulator in IL-2 gene expression through the direct interaction with NFAT2...
- Xiao J, Lu X, Chen X, Zou Y, Liu A, Li W, et al. Eight potential biomarkers for distinguishing between lung adenocarcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2017;8:71759-71771 pubmed publisher..Further studies will be needed to verify our findings in additional patient samples, and to elucidate the mechanisms of action of these potential biomarkers in non-small cell lung cancer...
- Moir L, Bochukova E, Dumbell R, Banks G, Bains R, Nolan P, et al. Disruption of the homeodomain transcription factor orthopedia homeobox (Otp) is associated with obesity and anxiety. Mol Metab. 2017;6:1419-1428 pubmed publisher..Further studies will be needed to investigate the contribution of rare variants in OTP to human energy homeostasis. ..
- Li N, Jia X, Wang J, Li Y, Xie S. Knockdown of homeobox A5 by small hairpin RNA inhibits proliferation and enhances cytarabine chemosensitivity of acute myeloid leukemia cells. Mol Med Rep. 2015;12:6861-6 pubmed publisher..Therefore, HOXA5 may serve as a potential target for developing novel therapeutic strategies for leukemia. ..
- Kundu J, Michaelson A, Talbot K, Baranov P, Young M, Carrier R. Decellularized retinal matrix: Natural platforms for human retinal progenitor cell culture. Acta Biomater. 2016;31:61-70 pubmed publisher..These results support the potential of decell-retina as a cell delivery platform to treat and manage retinal degenerative disease like AMD. ..
- Jiang T, Dong P, Li L, Ma X, Xu P, Zhu H, et al. MicroRNA-200c regulates cisplatin resistance by targeting ZEB2 in human gastric cancer cells. Oncol Rep. 2017;38:151-158 pubmed publisher..Our study further demonstrated that miR-200c could enhance the sensitivity of SGC7901/DDP cells to DDP through targeted regulation of ZEB2 expression in gastric cancer tissues. ..
- Li N, Yang M, Shi K, Li W. Long non-coding RNA HOXA11-AS in human cancer: A meta-analysis. Clin Chim Acta. 2017;474:165-170 pubmed publisher..66-22.06, P=0.006). This meta-analysis showed that increased expression of HOXA11-AS is a risk factor for poor clinical outcomes in numerous tumors and may act as a novel biomarker for poor prognosis and metastasis in cancers. ..
- Jawad M, Seedhouse C, Russell N, Plumb M. Polymorphisms in human homeobox HLX1 and DNA repair RAD51 genes increase the risk of therapy-related acute myeloid leukemia. Blood. 2006;108:3916-8 pubmed..acute myeloid leukemia (AML) in mice suggest that the number of target stem cells is a risk factor, and the HLX1 homeobox gene, which is important for hematopoietic development, is a candidate gene...
- Dmitriev P, Bou Saada Y, Dib C, Ansseau E, Barat A, Hamade A, et al. DUX4-induced constitutive DNA damage and oxidative stress contribute to aberrant differentiation of myoblasts from FSHD patients. Free Radic Biol Med. 2016;99:244-258 pubmed publisher..We propose that the induction of DNA damage is a novel function of the DUX4 protein affecting myogenic differentiation of FSHD myoblasts. ..
- Laxman N, Mallmin H, Nilsson O, Kindmark A. miR-203 and miR-320 Regulate Bone Morphogenetic Protein-2-Induced Osteoblast Differentiation by Targeting Distal-Less Homeobox 5 (Dlx5). Genes (Basel). 2016;8: pubmed publisher..Taken together, we propose a role for miR-203 and miR-320b in modulating bone metabolism. ..
- Nowacka Woszuk J, Pruszynska Oszmalek E, Szydlowski M, Szczerbal I. Nutrition modulates Fto and Irx3 gene transcript levels, but does not alter their DNA methylation profiles in rat white adipose tissues. Gene. 2017;610:44-48 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the DNA methylation profiles of Fto and Irx3 were not altered by nutrition, which may indicate that the feeding type, when applied postnatally, did not affect DNA methylation of these genes. ..
- Guan T, Wang X, Zheng L, Wu H, Yao Y. Analysis of the VSX1 gene in sporadic keratoconus patients from China. BMC Ophthalmol. 2017;17:173 pubmed publisher..Our work suggests that VSX1 sequence variants might be involved in the pathogenesis of sporadic keratoconus, but their precise role in disease causation requires further investigation. ..
- Xie Q, Liu D, Yu M, Wu X, Zhao Y, Hu Q, et al. Homeobox B9 facilitates hypertrophic scar formation via activating the mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep. 2017;16:1669-1676 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present study demonstrated that HOXB9 may facilitate hypertrophic scar formation via activating the mitogenâ€‘activated protein kinase signaling pathway. ..
- Rohde K, Bering T, Furukawa T, Rath M. A modulatory role of the Rax homeobox gene in mature pineal gland function: Investigating the photoneuroendocrine circadian system of a Rax conditional knockout mouse. J Neurochem. 2017;143:100-111 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Rax controls pineal gene expression and via Aanat may modulate melatonin synthesis. ..
- Zakharevich M, Kattan J, Chen J, Lin B, Cervantes A, Chung D, et al. Elucidating the molecular basis of PPCD: Effects of decreased ZEB1 expression on corneal endothelial cell function. Mol Vis. 2017;23:740-752 pubmed
- Kazemi Oula G, Ghafouri Fard S, Mobasheri M, Geranpayeh L, Modarressi M. Upregulation of RHOXF2 and ODF4 Expression in Breast Cancer Tissues. Cell J. 2015;17:471-7 pubmed..ODF4 and RHOXF2 are proposed as putative breast cancer biomarkers at the transcript level. However, their expression at protein level should be evaluated in future studies. ..
- Choi Y, Baek G, Park H, Jo S, Jung U. Smad2/3-Regulated Expression of DLX2 Is Associated with Radiation-Induced Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition and Radioresistance of A549 and MDA-MB-231 Human Cancer Cell Lines. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0147343 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that DLX2 plays a crucial role in radioresistance, radiation-induced EMT and CSC marker expression, and the expression of DLX2 is regulated by Smad2/3 signaling in A549 and MDA-MB-231 cell lines. ..
- Sakurai N, Takahashi K, Emura N, Fujii T, Hirayama H, Kageyama S, et al. The Necessity of OCT-4 and CDX2 for Early Development and Gene Expression Involved in Differentiation of Inner Cell Mass and Trophectoderm Lineages in Bovine Embryos. Cell Reprogram. 2016;18:309-318 pubmed..In conclusion, OCT-4 and CDX2 are essential for early development and gene expression involved in differentiation of ICM and TE lineages in bovine embryos. ..
- Hoffmann H, Mellon P. A small population of hypothalamic neurons govern fertility: the critical role of VAX1 in GnRH neuron development and fertility maintenance. Neurosci Commun (Houst). 2016;2: pubmed..This study identifies VAX1 as a key transcription factor regulating GnRH expression and establishes VAX1 as a novel candidate gene implicated in heritable infertility. ..
- Hayashi K, Ouchi M, Endou H, Anzai N. HOXB9 acts as a negative regulator of activated human T cells in response to amino acid deficiency. Immunol Cell Biol. 2016;94:612-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, the morphogenetic gene plays an unexpected role in the regulation of cellular metabolism with changes in the nutrition status in human T cells. ..
- Schmidt K, Joyce C, Buquicchio F, Brown A, Ritz J, Distel R, et al. The lncRNA SLNCR1 Mediates Melanoma Invasion through a Conserved SRA1-like Region. Cell Rep. 2016;15:2025-37 pubmed publisher..Our observations directly link AR to melanoma invasion, possibly explaining why males experience more melanoma metastases and have an overall lower survival in comparison to females. ..
- Zhou L, Zhang X, Zhou P, Li X, Xu X, Shi Q, et al. Effect of testosterone and hypoxia on the expansion of umbilical cord blood CD34+ cells in vitro. Exp Ther Med. 2017;14:4467-4475 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the results of the current study indicate that a combination of hypoxia and testosterone may be a promising cultivation condition for HSC/hemopoietic progenitor cell expansion ex vivo...
- Coman D, Fullston T, Shoubridge C, Leventer R, Wong F, Nazaretian S, et al. X-Linked Lissencephaly With Absent Corpus Callosum and Abnormal Genitalia: An Evolving Multisystem Syndrome With Severe Congenital Intestinal Diarrhea Disease. Child Neurol Open. 2017;4:2329048X17738625 pubmed publisher..R379L, was identified. This case contributes to the clinical, histological, and molecular understanding of the multisystem nature of this disorder, especially the role of ARX in the development of the enteroendocrine system...
- Kühn M, Song E, Feng Z, Sinha A, Chen C, Deshpande A, et al. Targeting Chromatin Regulators Inhibits Leukemogenic Gene Expression in NPM1 Mutant Leukemia. Cancer Discov. 2016;6:1166-1181 pubmed..Cancer Discov; 6(10); 1166-81. ©2016 AACR.See related commentary by Hourigan and Aplan, p. 1087This article is highlighted in the In This Issue feature, p. 1069. ..
- Zhang J, Qu P, Zhou C, Liu X, Ma X, Wang M, et al. MicroRNA-125b is a key epigenetic regulatory factor that promotes nuclear transfer reprogramming. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:15916-15926 pubmed publisher..We conclude that miR-125b promotes SCNT-mediated nuclear reprogramming by targeting SUV39H1 to decrease the deposition of repressive H3K9me3 modifications. ..
- Georgiadis P, Liampa I, Hebels D, Krauskopf J, Chatziioannou A, Valavanis I, et al. Evolving DNA methylation and gene expression markers of B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia are present in pre-diagnostic blood samples more than 10Â years prior to diagnosis. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:728 pubmed publisher
- Kang D, Zhou G, Zhou S, Zeng J, Wang X, Jiang Y, et al. Comparative transcriptome analysis reveals potentially novel roles of Homeobox genes in adipose deposition in fat-tailed sheep. Sci Rep. 2017;7:14491 pubmed publisher..Our results provide new insight into exploring the specific fat deposition in tail, also contribute to the understanding of differences between adipose depots. ..
- Yoshihara M, Hara S, Tsujikawa M, Kawasaki S, Hayashizaki Y, Itoh M, et al. Restricted Presence of POU6F2 in Human Corneal Endothelial Cells Uncovered by Extension of the Promoter-level Expression Atlas. EBioMedicine. 2017;25:175-186 pubmed publisher..These CEC-specific promoters would be useful for the assessment of fully differentiated CECs derived from pluripotent stem cells. These findings promote the development of corneal regenerative medicine. ..
- Kim D, Kim E, Jang W. Piperine induces osteoblast differentiation through AMPK-dependent Runx2 expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;495:1497-1502 pubmed publisher..Finally, we confirmed that piperine induced phosphorylation of AMPK in MC3T3-E1 cells. Taken together, these results demonstrate that piperine enhance osteoblast differentiation through AMPK phosphorylation in MC3T3-E1 cells. ..
- Pandolfi A, Steidl U. HLX in AML: novel prognostic and therapeutic target. Oncotarget. 2012;3:1059-60 pubmed
- Alvarez J, Furumizu C, Efroni I, Eshed Y, Bowman J. Active suppression of a leaf meristem orchestrates determinate leaf growth. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..This genetic framework parallels the morphogenetic program of shoot apical meristems and may represent a relic of an ancestral shoot system from which seed plant leaves evolved. ..
- Qin S, Ware S, Waclaw R, Campbell K. Septal contributions to olfactory bulb interneuron diversity in the embryonic mouse telencephalon: role of the homeobox gene Gsx2. Neural Dev. 2017;12:13 pubmed publisher..Finally, the septum has been suggested to be the exclusive source of CR+ interneurons in postnatal studies. Our results here demonstrate that dLGE progenitors in the embryo also contribute to this OB neuronal subtype. ..
- Chen D, Sun Q, Zhang L, Zhou X, Cheng X, Zhou D, et al. The lncRNA HOXA11-AS functions as a competing endogenous RNA to regulate PADI2 expression by sponging miR-125a-5p in liver metastasis of colorectal cancer. Oncotarget. 2017;8:70642-70652 pubmed publisher..Overall, we conclude that HOXA11-AS promotes liver metastasis in CRC by functioning as a miR-125a-5p sponge and describe a novel HOXA11-AS-miR-125a-5p-PADI2 regulatory network involved in CRC liver metastasis. ..
- Domingo Reinés J, LÃ³pez Ornelas A, Montes R, Romero T, Rodriguez Llamas J, Lara Rodarte R, et al. Hoxa9 and EGFP reporter expression in human Embryonic Stem Cells (hESC) as useful tools for studying human development. Stem Cell Res. 2017;25:286-290 pubmed publisher..Both transgenic cell lines maintained the pluripotent phenotype, the ability to differentiate into all three germ layers and a normal karyotype. ..
- Zhang J, Zhou C, Jiang H, Liang L, Shi W, Zhang Q, et al. ZEB1 induces ER-Î± promoter hypermethylation and confers antiestrogen resistance in breast cancer. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2732 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our findings suggest that ZEB1 is a crucial determinant of resistance to antiestrogen therapies in breast cancer. ..
- Huang L, Pan D, Chen Q, Zhu L, Ou J, Wabitsch M, et al. Transcription factor Hlx controls a systematic switch from white to brown fat through Prdm16-mediated co-activation. Nat Commun. 2017;8:68 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the transcription factor Hlx is selectively expressed in brown adipose tissue (BAT) and iWAT, and is translationally upregulated by ?3-..
- Yuan J, Yin Z, Tao K, Wang G, Gao J. Homeobox protein CDX2 as a prognostic biomarker in solid malignancies: a meta-analysis. Oncotarget. 2017;8:89160-89172 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, its prognostic value for solid tumours requires further investigation. Hence, we conducted a meta-analysis to determine the significance of CDX2 as a prognostic biomarker in solid malignancies systematically...