Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HLA G
Description: major histocompatibility complex, class I, G
Alias: MHC-G, HLA class I histocompatibility antigen, alpha chain G, HLA G antigen, HLA-G histocompatibility antigen, class I, G, MHC class I antigen G, MHC class Ib antigen, b2 microglobulin, mutant MHC class I antigen, mutant MHC class Ib antigen
Products: HLA G
Publications127 found, 100 shown here
- Schaefer M, Wonderlich E, Roeth J, Leonard J, Collins K. HIV-1 Nef targets MHC-I and CD4 for degradation via a final common beta-COP-dependent pathway in T cells. PLoS Pathog. 2008;4:e1000131 pubmed publisher..The requirement for redundant motifs with distinct roles supports a model in which Nef exists in multiple conformational states that allow access to different motifs, depending upon which cellular target is bound by Nef. ..
- Gregori S, Tomasoni D, Pacciani V, Scirpoli M, Battaglia M, Magnani C, et al. Differentiation of type 1 T regulatory cells (Tr1) by tolerogenic DC-10 requires the IL-10-dependent ILT4/HLA-G pathway. Blood. 2010;116:935-44 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that DC-10 represents a novel subset of tolerogenic DCs, which secrete high levels of IL-10, express ILT4 and HLA-G, and have the specific function to induce Tr1 cells. ..
- Verloes A, Van De Velde H, Lemaoult J, Mateizel I, Cauffman G, Horn P, et al. HLA-G expression in human embryonic stem cells and preimplantation embryos. J Immunol. 2011;186:2663-71 pubmed publisher..This data might be important for cell therapy and transplantation because undifferentiated hESC can contaminate the transplant of differentiated stem cells and develop into malignant cancer cells. ..
- Yie S, Li L, Xiao R, Librach C. A single base-pair mutation in the 3'-untranslated region of HLA-G mRNA is associated with pre-eclampsia. Mol Hum Reprod. 2008;14:649-53 pubmed publisher..These data provide evidence that this mutation could be one of the fundamental mechanisms for lower levels of placental HLA-G protein expression in patients with pre-eclampsia. ..
- Apps R, Sharkey A, Gardner L, Male V, Kennedy P, Masters L, et al. Ex vivo functional responses to HLA-G differ between blood and decidual NK cells. Mol Hum Reprod. 2011;17:577-86 pubmed publisher..These findings should be considered when inferring the activity of tissue NK cells from results obtained with cell lines, peripheral NK or cultured dNK cells. ..
- Jere A, Fujita M, Adachi A, Nomaguchi M. Role of HIV-1 Nef protein for virus replication in vitro. Microbes Infect. 2010;12:65-70 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes and organizes current knowledge of HIV-1 Nef with respect to this particularly virological activity for understanding the basis of its in vivo function. ..
- Li C, Houser B, Nicotra M, Strominger J. HLA-G homodimer-induced cytokine secretion through HLA-G receptors on human decidual macrophages and natural killer cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:5767-72 pubmed publisher..Secretion of proinflammatory and proangiogenic proteins supports a role for these leukocytes in important processes that are essential for successful pregnancy, but they may represent only a portion of the proteins that are secreted. ..
- Wang X, Jiang W, Zhang D. Association of 14-bp insertion/deletion polymorphism of HLA-G gene with unexplained recurrent spontaneous abortion: a meta-analysis. Tissue Antigens. 2013;81:108-15 pubmed publisher..158, 95% CI?=?1.028-1.305) models. This meta-analysis suggests that the 14?bp ins HLA-G allele is associated with increased risk of URSA. The results are of importance to the clinical practice of URSA and infertility. ..
- Rodríguez J, Galeano L, Palacios D, Gomez C, Serrano M, Bravo M, et al. Altered HLA class I and HLA-G expression is associated with IL-10 expression in patients with cervical cancer. Pathobiology. 2012;79:72-83 pubmed publisher..004). Our results suggest that, in cervical cancer, the IL-10 expression may induce an immunosuppressive environment by upregulating HLA-G expression and downregulating HLA class I expression. ..
- Lin A, Xu H, Xu D, Zhang X, Wang Q, Yan W. Multiple steps of HLA-G in ovarian carcinoma metastasis: alter NK cytotoxicity and induce matrix metalloproteinase-15 (MMP-15) expression. Hum Immunol. 2013;74:439-46 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our study indicated that HLA-G involved in tumor invasiveness or metastasis may rely on the NK cytotoxicity inhibition and induction of MMP-15 expression in ovarian cancer. ..
- Carosella E, Favier B, Rouas Freiss N, Moreau P, Lemaoult J. Beyond the increasing complexity of the immunomodulatory HLA-G molecule. Blood. 2008;111:4862-70 pubmed publisher..We highlight here what we consider are recent key basic findings on the immunomodulatory function of HLA-G. These strengthen the case for considering HLA-G as clinically relevant. ..
- Rebmann V, Bartsch D, Wunsch A, Möllenbeck P, Golda T, Viebahn R, et al. Soluble total human leukocyte antigen class I and human leukocyte antigen-G molecules in kidney and kidney/pancreas transplantation. Hum Immunol. 2009;70:995-9 pubmed publisher..Thus high levels of sHLA-G but not of sHLA-I seem to contribute to better graft acceptance after kidney or kidney/pancreas transplantation. ..
- Cao M, Yie S, Liu J, Ye S, Xia D, Gao E. Plasma soluble HLA-G is a potential biomarker for diagnosis of colorectal, gastric, esophageal and lung cancer. Tissue Antigens. 2011;78:120-8 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that plasma sHLA-G may be a useful molecule in the differential diagnosis of these malignancies against healthy controls. ..
- Cilião Alves D, de Oliveira Crispim J, Castelli E, Mendes Junior C, Deghaide N, Barros Silva G, et al. Human leukocyte antigen-G 3' untranslated region polymorphisms are associated with better kidney allograft acceptance. Hum Immunol. 2012;73:52-9 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to show associations among numerous polymorphic sites in the HLA-G 3'UTR in kidney allotransplantation, which may contribute to the understanding of HLA-G post-transcriptional mechanisms. ..
- Garcia A, Milet J, Courtin D, Sabbagh A, Massaro J, Castelli E, et al. Association of HLA-G 3'UTR polymorphisms with response to malaria infection: a first insight. Infect Genet Evol. 2013;16:263-9 pubmed publisher..falciparum infection, this work presents the first evidence of an association between HLA-G polymorphisms and malaria infection. Further investigations are on the way to take into account the particularities of African populations. ..
- He X, Dong D, Yie S, Yang H, Cao M, Ye S, et al. HLA-G expression in human breast cancer: implications for diagnosis and prognosis, and effect on allocytotoxic lymphocyte response after hormone treatment in vitro. Ann Surg Oncol. 2010;17:1459-69 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that HLA-G may have potential clinical implications in diagnosis, prognosis, and immunotherapy of patients with breast cancer. ..
- Jin H, Li C, Xiao L, Shi B, Cai M, Li Z, et al. Clinical relevance of sHLA-G-mediated with better graft acceptance in early posttransplantation. Transplant Proc. 2012;44:1259-61 pubmed publisher..01). These results suggested that HLA-G participates in the induction of immunologic tolerance in these recipients. ..
- Zilberman S, Schenowitz C, Agaugué S, Benoît F, Riteau B, Rouzier R, et al. HLA-G1 and HLA-G5 active dimers are present in malignant cells and effusions: the influence of the tumor microenvironment. Eur J Immunol. 2012;42:1599-608 pubmed publisher..In view of these results, the effect of the tumor microenvironment on upregulation of HLA-G function deserves particular attention when designing cancer immunotherapy protocols. ..
- Alvarez M, Piedade J, Balseiro S, Ribas G, Regateiro F. HLA-G 3'-UTR SNP and 14-bp deletion polymorphisms in Portuguese and Guinea-Bissau populations. Int J Immunogenet. 2009;36:361-6 pubmed publisher..The screening for sequence motifs suggests that polymorphism on this region may be involved in HLA-G post-transcriptional regulation and, therefore, in phenotype variation. ..
- Li X, Zhang X, Lin A, Ruan Y, Yan W. Human leukocyte antigen-G (HLA-G) expression in cervical cancer lesions is associated with disease progression. Hum Immunol. 2012;73:946-9 pubmed publisher..6% (45/84), 76.3% (29/38), and 100.0% (7/7), respectively. Taken together, our findings indicated that HLA-G expression was associated with the disease progression in patients with cervical cancer. ..
- Bortolotti D, Gentili V, Rotola A, Di Luca D, Rizzo R. Implication of HLA-G 3' untranslated region polymorphisms in human papillomavirus infection. Tissue Antigens. 2014;83:113-8 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these evidences, HLA-G polymorphisms could represent a risk factor in HPV positive subjects. ..
- Sheshgiri R, Rouas Freiss N, Rao V, Butany J, Ramzy D, Krawice Radanne I, et al. Myocardial HLA-G reliably indicates a low risk of acute cellular rejection in heart transplant recipients. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2008;27:522-7 pubmed publisher..Detection of HLA-G appears to reliably indicate a low risk of developing moderate or severe allograft rejection and may, subsequently, allow for a reduced immunosuppressive regimen. ..
- Veit T, Cordero E, Mucenic T, Monticielo O, Brenol J, Xavier R, et al. Association of the HLA-G 14 bp polymorphism with systemic lupus erythematosus. Lupus. 2009;18:424-30 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results support the idea of a role of the HLA-G insertion/deletion polymorphism and therefore a role for the HLA-G molecule, on the pathology of SLE. ..
- Díaz Lagares A, Alegre E, Arroyo A, Corrales F, Gonzalez A. Tyrosine nitration in the human leucocyte antigen-G-binding domain of the Ig-like transcript 2 protein. FEBS J. 2009;276:4233-43 pubmed publisher..These results support the hypothesis that the ILT2human leucocyte antigen-G interaction should have a central role in tolerance under oxidative stress conditions when other tolerogenic mechanisms are inhibited. ..
- Atkins K, Thomas L, Youker R, Harriff M, Pissani F, You H, et al. HIV-1 Nef binds PACS-2 to assemble a multikinase cascade that triggers major histocompatibility complex class I (MHC-I) down-regulation: analysis using short interfering RNA and knock-out mice. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:11772-84 pubmed publisher..Together, these results demonstrate PACS-2 is required for Nef action and sorting of itinerant membrane cargo in the TGN/endosomal system. ..
- Kim S, Hong M, Shin M, Uhm Y, Chung J, Lee M. Promoter polymorphisms of the HLA-G gene, but not the HLA-E and HLA-F genes, is associated with non-segmental vitiligo patients in the Korean population. Arch Dermatol Res. 2011;303:679-84 pubmed publisher..016 in the co-dominant 1 model and P = 0.027 in the dominant model). Our results suggest that HLA-G, but not HLA-E and HLA-F, may be associated with susceptibility to NSV in the Korean population. ..
- Wang X, Li B, Wang J, Lei J, Liu C, Ma Y, et al. Evidence that miR-133a causes recurrent spontaneous abortion by reducing HLA-G expression. Reprod Biomed Online. 2012;25:415-24 pubmed publisher..These findings provide strong evidence that miR-133a regulates HLA-G expression by reducing translation and is involved in the pathogenesis of RSA. ..
- Liu H, Chen Y, Xuan L, Wu X, Zhang Y, Fan Z, et al. Soluble human leukocyte antigen G molecule expression in allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: good predictor of acute graft-versus-host disease. Acta Haematol. 2013;130:160-8 pubmed publisher..001). sHLA-G5 might be a predictor of the occurrence and severity of aGVHD, which may help to establish individual prophylaxis against aGVHD and improve the survival for patients after allo-HSCT. ..
- Rosado S, Perez Chacon G, Mellor Pita S, Sanchez Vegazo I, Bellas Menendez C, Citores M, et al. Expression of human leukocyte antigen-G in systemic lupus erythematosus. Hum Immunol. 2008;69:9-15 pubmed publisher..Despite the fact that patients present higher levels of HLA-G than healthy controls, which suggests a possible relevance of this molecule in SLE, it seems not to be related to IL-10 production or disease activity. ..
- Flajollet S, Poras I, Carosella E, Moreau P. RREB-1 is a transcriptional repressor of HLA-G. J Immunol. 2009;183:6948-59 pubmed publisher..This demonstration is the first of a repressor factor of HLA-G transcriptional activity taking part in HLA-G repression by epigenetic mechanisms. ..
- Aghdaie M, Azarpira N, Kazemi K, Geramizadeh B, Darai M, Malekhoseini S. Frequency of HLA-G exon 8 polymorphisms and kidney allograft outcome in Iranian population. Mol Biol Rep. 2011;38:3593-7 pubmed publisher..Therefore, additional studies with more sample size from other populations with analysis of other HLA-G polymorphisms are necessary to define this polymorphism as a valuable clinical marker. ..
- Rizzo R, Bortolotti D, Fredj N, Rotola A, Cura F, Castellazzi M, et al. Role of HLA-G 14bp deletion/insertion and +3142C>G polymorphisms in the production of sHLA-G molecules in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. Hum Immunol. 2012;73:1140-6 pubmed publisher..Our preliminary findings suggest that serum and CSF sHLA-G levels in MS could be influenced by HLA-G polymorphisms irrespective of the inflammatory microenvironment. ..
- Morandi F, Venturi C, Rizzo R, Castellazzi M, Baldi E, Caniatti M, et al. Intrathecal soluble HLA-E correlates with disease activity in patients with multiple sclerosis and may cooperate with soluble HLA-G in the resolution of neuroinflammation. J Neuroimmune Pharmacol. 2013;8:944-55 pubmed publisher..The potential of sHLA-E as biomarker of MS activity warrants further investigation. ..
- Rizzo R, Trentini A, Bortolotti D, Manfrinato M, Rotola A, Castellazzi M, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2) generates soluble HLA-G1 by cell surface proteolytic shedding. Mol Cell Biochem. 2013;381:243-55 pubmed publisher..This study suggests an effective link between MMP-2 and HLA-G1 shedding, increasing our knowledge on the regulatory machinery beyond HLA-G regulation in physiological and pathological conditions. ..
- Rizzo R, Hviid T, Govoni M, Padovan M, Rubini M, Melchiorri L, et al. HLA-G genotype and HLA-G expression in systemic lupus erythematosus: HLA-G as a putative susceptibility gene in systemic lupus erythematosus. Tissue Antigens. 2008;71:520-9 pubmed publisher..0001). Furthermore, the results confirmed higher concentrations of IL-10-positive plasma in SLE patients. These results support a potential role for HLA-G in the susceptibility of SLE. ..
- Díaz Lagares A, Alegre E, Gonzalez A. Detection of 3-nitrotyrosine-modified human leukocyte antigen-G in biological fluids. Hum Immunol. 2009;70:976-80 pubmed publisher..The degree of HLA-G nitration did not correlate with the concentrations of nitrites plus nitrates or HLA-G. These results indicate that HLA-G could circulate as nitrotyrosine modified protein, both as monomer and as multimer. ..
- Carosella E, Gregori S, Lemaoult J. The tolerogenic interplay(s) among HLA-G, myeloid APCs, and regulatory cells. Blood. 2011;118:6499-505 pubmed publisher..In its second part, we highlight recent work that gathers individual effects and demonstrates how intertwined the HLA-G/myeloid APCs/regulatory cell relationship is. ..
- Polakova K, Zelezníková T, Russ G. HLA-G5 in the blood of leukemia patients and healthy individuals. Leuk Res. 2013;37:139-45 pubmed publisher..There is no correlation between the presence of HLA-G5 in blood of B-CLL patients and the stage of disease, age, and gender. ..
- Agaugué S, Carosella E, Rouas Freiss N. Role of HLA-G in tumor escape through expansion of myeloid-derived suppressor cells and cytokinic balance in favor of Th2 versus Th1/Th17. Blood. 2011;117:7021-31 pubmed publisher..Finally, blocking HLA-G function by a specific Ab inhibits the in vivo development of the tumor, offering a new innovative therapeutic strategy in cancer. ..
- Elliott R, Jiang X, Phillips J, Barnett B, Head J. Human leukocyte antigen G expression in breast cancer: role in immunosuppression. Cancer Biother Radiopharm. 2011;26:153-7 pubmed publisher..05). HLA-G staining was found in the membranes and cytoplasm of cancer cells. In conclusion, breast cancer cells overexpress HLA-G mRNA and protein, and this probably contributes to immune evasion. ..
- Larsen M, Bzorek M, Pass M, Larsen L, Nielsen M, Svendsen S, et al. Human leukocyte antigen-G in the male reproductive system and in seminal plasma. Mol Hum Reprod. 2011;17:727-38 pubmed publisher..In summary, several of the findings reported in this study suggest an immunoregulatory role of HLA-G in the male reproductive system and in seminal plasma. ..
- Jassem R, Shani W, Loisel D, Sharief M, Billstrand C, Ober C. HLA-G polymorphisms and soluble HLA-G protein levels in women with recurrent pregnancy loss from Basrah province in Iraq. Hum Immunol. 2012;73:811-7 pubmed publisher..1 vs. 40.1 vs. 42.6 U/ml, respectively; P=0.0089). These results demonstrate that HLA-G genotype influences circulating sHLA-G levels during pregnancy but is not significantly associated with risk of RPL. ..
- Lin A, Chen H, Zhu C, Zhang X, Xu H, Zhang J, et al. Aberrant human leucocyte antigen-G expression and its clinical relevance in hepatocellular carcinoma. J Cell Mol Med. 2010;14:2162-71 pubmed publisher..Our finding indicated that HLA-G expression was strongly correlated to advanced disease stage, and more frequently observed in elder patients. Its relevance to HCC progression might be result from the inhibition of NK cell cytolysis. ..
- Littera R, Piredda G, Pani A, Frongia M, Onano B, Michittu M, et al. Role of human leukocyte antigen-G 14-base pair polymorphism in kidney transplantation outcomes. J Nephrol. 2013;26:1170-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that alongside other factors previously consolidated in clinical practice, recipient HLA-G 14-bp genotype may serve as an adjuvant independent predictor of long-term outcome of kidney transplantation. ..
- Menendez L, Walker L, Matyunina L, Totten K, Benigno B, McDonald J. Epigenetic changes within the promoter region of the HLA-G gene in ovarian tumors. Mol Cancer. 2008;7:43 pubmed publisher..The fact that no correlation exists between methylation and HLA-G gene expression between ovarian tumor samples and OSE, suggests that changes in methylation may be necessary but not sufficient for HLA-G expression in ovarian cancer. ..
- Di Cristofaro J, Julie D, Buhler S, Frassati C, Basire A, Galicher V, et al. Linkage disequilibrium between HLA-G*0104 and HLA-E*0103 alleles in Tswa Pygmies. Tissue Antigens. 2011;77:193-200 pubmed publisher..Although these LD could have functional implications, it is more likely because of the genetic drift as the two other populations did not display any significant LD. ..
- Zheng N, Wang C, Zhang X, Du L, Zhang J, Kan S, et al. Up-regulation of HLA-G expression in cervical premalignant and malignant lesions. Tissue Antigens. 2011;77:218-24 pubmed publisher..5 ng/ml for SCC, and 35 U/ml for CA125, the sensitivity was 73.30%, 47.83%, and 44.83%, respectively. The detection of soluble HLA-G in plasma may have significance in the early detection of cervical malignant lesions...
- Peng B, Zhang L, Xing A, Hu M, Liu S. [The expression of human leukocyte antigen G and E on human first trimester placenta and its relationship with recurrent spontaneous abortion]. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2008;39:976-9 pubmed..There is strong correlation between lack of the mRNA and protein expression of HLA-G, E found in the trophoblasts at the fetal-maternal interface and RSA. ..
- Prigione I, Penco F, Martini A, Gattorno M, Pistoia V, Morandi F. HLA-G and HLA-E in patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2011;50:966-72 pubmed publisher..Higher ILT2 expression on SF cell populations compared with PB may be related to high sHLA-G concentration in SF. Higher HLA-E expression in SF than in PB cell populations may protect them from NK cytolysis. ..
- Chen Y, Gao X, Deng Y, Zhang H. Relationship between HLA-G gene polymorphism and the susceptibility of esophageal cancer in Kazakh and Han nationality in Xinjiang. Biomarkers. 2012;17:9-15 pubmed publisher..The study demonstrates that EC is associated with polymorphism of HLA-G14?bp in Chinese Kazak population. The 14?bp deletion/insertion of HLA-G gene may play a role in EC susceptibility of Kazakh. ..
- Zhou X, Zhang G, Wang J, Lu S, Cao J, Sun L. A novel bridge between oxidative stress and immunity: the interaction between hydrogen peroxide and human leukocyte antigen G in placental trophoblasts during preeclampsia. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012;206:447.e7-16 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight that high levels of hydrogen peroxide can down-regulate HLA-G expression in trophoblasts during preeclampsia and trophoblasts expressing HLA-G are vulnerable to oxidative stress. ..
- Hu J, Li L, Liu Y, Chen Y, Liu C, Liang W, et al. Overexpression of HLA-G Is positively associated with Kazakh esophageal squamous cell carcinoma in Xinjiang, China. Viral Immunol. 2013;26:180-4 pubmed publisher..05 for all). Overexpression of HLA-G was a characteristic feature of Kazakh ESCC; HLA-G may be involved in Kazakh ESCC carcinogenesis and HPV infection. ..
- Shaikly V, Morrison I, Taranissi M, Noble C, Withey A, Cherry R, et al. Analysis of HLA-G in maternal plasma, follicular fluid, and preimplantation embryos reveal an asymmetric pattern of expression. J Immunol. 2008;180:4330-7 pubmed..However, the observed expression of HLA-G in arrested and chromosomally abnormal embryos indicates that HLA-G testing should be used with caution and in conjunction with conventional methods of embryo screening and selection. ..
- Dunker K, Schlaf G, Bukur J, Altermann W, Handke D, Seliger B. Expression and regulation of non-classical HLA-G in renal cell carcinoma. Tissue Antigens. 2008;72:137-48 pubmed publisher..Thus, there exist multiple mechanisms controlling HLA-G expression in RCC, which might also have an impact on the development of RCC-specific immunotherapies. ..
- Li B, Lin A, Zhang X, Zhang X, Zhang J, Wang Q, et al. Characterization of HLA-G expression in renal cell carcinoma. Tissue Antigens. 2009;74:213-21 pubmed publisher..002), respectively. Our findings indicated that, except the papillary RCC, other types of RCC could express HLA-G. Furthermore, both lesion HLA-G expression and plasma sHLA-G level might be a useful preoperative biomarker for diagnosis. ..
- Brugiere O, Thabut G, Pretolani M, Krawice Radanne I, Dill C, Herbreteau A, et al. Immunohistochemical study of HLA-G expression in lung transplant recipients. Am J Transplant. 2009;9:1427-38 pubmed publisher..We conclude that HLA-G expression in the bronchial epithelium of lung allograft is elevated in some LTx recipients in association with their functional stability, suggesting a potential role of HLA-G as a tolerance marker. ..
- Rizzo R, Dal Canto M, Stignani M, Fadini R, Fumagalli D, Renzini M, et al. Production of sHLA-G molecules by in vitro matured cumulus-oocyte complex. Int J Mol Med. 2009;24:523-30 pubmed..This non-invasive marker could be used, in addition to morphological approaches, to reduce the number of fertilized oocytes and transferred embryos. ..
- Mendes Junior C, Castelli E, Moreau P, Simoes A, Donadi E. Absence of the HLA-G*0113N allele in Amerindian populations from the Brazilian Amazon region. Hum Immunol. 2010;71:428-31 pubmed publisher..No copy of the G*0113N null allele was found in both population samples by exon 2 sequence-based analysis, reinforcing its restricted occurrence in Africa. ..
- Jiang Y, Chen S, Jia S, Zhu Z, Gao X, Dong D, et al. Association of HLA-G 3' UTR 14-bp insertion/deletion polymorphism with hepatocellular carcinoma susceptibility in a Chinese population. DNA Cell Biol. 2011;30:1027-32 pubmed publisher..Further studies from different populations with larger sample size are warranted to validate our findings. ..
- Svendsen S, Hantash B, Zhao L, Faber C, Bzorek M, Nissen M, et al. The expression and functional activity of membrane-bound human leukocyte antigen-G1 are influenced by the 3'-untranslated region. Hum Immunol. 2013;74:818-27 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest 3'UTR polymorphism may play an important role in HLA-G regulation with implications on a range of diseases. ..
- Baugh L, Garcia J, Foster J. Functional characterization of the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Nef acidic domain. J Virol. 2008;82:9657-67 pubmed publisher..Our results are consistent with an alternative model in which (62)EEEE(65) plays a stabilizing role in the formation of a ternary complex between Nef, the MHC-I cytoplasmic domain, and AP-1. ..
- Lajoie J, Massinga Loembe M, Poudrier J, Guédou F, Pepin J, Labbe A, et al. Blood soluble human leukocyte antigen G levels are associated with human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection in Beninese commercial sex workers. Hum Immunol. 2010;71:182-5 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that low levels of plasma sHLA-G are associated with HIV-1 infection. ..
- Consiglio C, Veit T, Monticielo O, Mucenic T, Xavier R, Brenol J, et al. Association of the HLA-G gene +3142C>G polymorphism with systemic lupus erythematosus. Tissue Antigens. 2011;77:540-5 pubmed publisher..56 vs 3.15 and 3.26, respectively, corrected P = 0.044). These results suggest the involvement of the HLA-G molecule on SLE susceptibility and outcome. ..
- Loisel D, Billstrand C, Murray K, Patterson K, Chaiworapongsa T, Romero R, et al. The maternal HLA-G 1597?C null mutation is associated with increased risk of pre-eclampsia and reduced HLA-G expression during pregnancy in African-American women. Mol Hum Reprod. 2013;19:144-52 pubmed publisher..012). These results demonstrate that maternal HLA-G genotype is significantly associated with risk of PE in African-American women and is predictive of circulating sHLA-G levels during pregnancy. ..
- Martinez Laso J, Herraiz M, Penaloza J, Barbolla M, Jurado M, Macedo J, et al. Promoter sequences confirm the three different evolutionary lineages described for HLA-G. Hum Immunol. 2013;74:383-8 pubmed publisher..Expression and functional assays could be done considering the differences obtained in the promoter regions involving the HLA-G function (mRNA expression, isoforms). ..
- Zeestraten E, Reimers M, Saadatmand S, Goossens Beumer I, Dekker J, Liefers G, et al. Combined analysis of HLA class I, HLA-E and HLA-G predicts prognosis in colon cancer patients. Br J Cancer. 2014;110:459-68 pubmed publisher..These immune phenotypes represented significant, independent, clinical prognostic profiles in colon cancer. ..
- Liang S, Ristich V, Arase H, Dausset J, Carosella E, Horuzsko A. Modulation of dendritic cell differentiation by HLA-G and ILT4 requires the IL-6--STAT3 signaling pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:8357-62 pubmed publisher..We propose a model where SHP-2 and the IL-6-STAT3 signaling pathway play critical roles in the modulation of DC differentiation by ILT4 and HLA-G. ..
- Rizzo R, Campioni D, Stignani M, Melchiorri L, Bagnara G, Bonsi L, et al. A functional role for soluble HLA-G antigens in immune modulation mediated by mesenchymal stromal cells. Cytotherapy. 2008;10:364-75 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the ability of IL-10 to induce sHLA-G Ag production by MSC alone could be proposed as a marker of MSC functional ability. ..
- Pirri A, Contieri F, Benvenutti R, Bicalho M. A study of HLA-G polymorphism and linkage disequilibrium in renal transplant patients and their donors. Transpl Immunol. 2009;20:143-9 pubmed publisher..We have also described LD between HLA-G alleles and HLA class II DRB1 allelic groups and found significant LD between DRB104-G01B, DRB113-G010401, DRB114-G010108, DRB115-G0103, DRB103-G0101A and DRB103-G01B. ..
- Rahimi R, Hosseini A, Yari F. The polymorphism of human leucocyte antigen-G gene in a healthy population of Iran. Int J Immunogenet. 2010;37:269-72 pubmed publisher..96%) and the null allele G* 0105N (18.1%). According to this study, in the Iranian subjects the most incident alleles were G*01012 and G*01041. The results for the frequency of G*01012 showed some similarity with Caucasians (36.3%). ..
- Boiocchi C, Bozzini S, Zorzetto M, Pelissero G, Cuccia M, Falcone C. Association between two polymorphisms in the HLA-G gene and angiographic coronary artery disease. Mol Med Rep. 2012;5:1141-5 pubmed publisher..09, 95% confidence interval 1.10-4.02, P=0.03). Our data demonstrate a new risk factor for this multifactorial inflammatory disease. ..
- Zhao L, Purandare B, Zhang J, Hantash B. ?2-Microglobulin-free HLA-G activates natural killer cells by increasing cytotoxicity and proinflammatory cytokine production. Hum Immunol. 2013;74:417-24 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that ?2m-free HLA-G activates NK cells via engagement of KLR2DL4 receptors. ..
- Kawashima M, Maeda N, Adachi Y, Takeuchi T, Yamamoto Y, Izumiya C, et al. Human leukocyte antigen-G, a ligand for the natural killer receptor KIR2DL4, is expressed by eutopic endometrium only in the menstrual phase. Fertil Steril. 2009;91:343-9 pubmed publisher..Epithelial cells bearing HLA-G may enter the peritoneal cavity during retrograde menstruation, allowing the antigen to react locally with KIR2DL4. ..
- McCormick J, Whitley G, Le Bouteiller P, Cartwright J. Soluble HLA-G regulates motility and invasion of the trophoblast-derived cell line SGHPL-4. Hum Reprod. 2009;24:1339-45 pubmed publisher..The inhibition of trophoblast invasion at the spiral artery may be important to allow interactions leading to vascular remodelling. ..
- Sizzano F, Testi M, Zito L, Crocchiolo R, Troiano M, Mazzi B, et al. Genotypes and haplotypes in the 3' untranslated region of the HLA-G gene and their association with clinical outcome of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for beta-thalassemia. Tissue Antigens. 2012;79:326-32 pubmed publisher..07). No association was found with rejection or survival. Taken together, our data show that there is no apparent added value of considering entire 3'UTR HLA-G haplotypes for risk prediction after allogeneic HSCT for beta-thalassemia. ..
- Zhang Z, Li Y, Zhang L, Jia L, Yang X. Association of 14 bp insertion/deletion polymorphism of the HLA-G gene in father with severe preeclampsia in Chinese. Tissue Antigens. 2012;80:158-64 pubmed publisher..In overview, the HLA-G 14 bp deletion/insert polymorphism is associated with severe PE in father-offspring, and its distribution is different between the early and late onset severe PE. ..
- Alegre E, Rebmann V, Lemaoult J, Rodriguez C, Horn P, Díaz Lagares A, et al. In vivo identification of an HLA-G complex as ubiquitinated protein circulating in exosomes. Eur J Immunol. 2013;43:1933-9 pubmed publisher..In summary, we demonstrate new circulating HLA-G forms in vivo that open a new perspective in the study of HLA-G function and analysis. ..
- Lucena Silva N, de Souza V, Gomes R, Fantinatti A, Muniz Y, de Albuquerque R, et al. HLA-G 3' untranslated region polymorphisms are associated with systemic lupus erythematosus in 2 Brazilian populations. J Rheumatol. 2013;40:1104-13 pubmed publisher..035). These results indicate that HLA-G 3'UTR polymorphic sites, particularly +3142G and +3010C alleles, were associated with SLE susceptibility, whereas UTR-1 was associated with protection against development of SLE. ..
- Eike M, Becker T, Humphreys K, Olsson M, Lie B. Conditional analyses on the T1DGC MHC dataset: novel associations with type 1 diabetes around HLA-G and confirmation of HLA-B. Genes Immun. 2009;10:56-67 pubmed publisher..On account of the unusual genetic complexity of the MHC, further fine mapping is demanded, with the possible exception of HLA-B. However, our results mean that these efforts can be focused on narrow, defined regions of the MHC. ..
- Holling T, Bergevoet M, Wierda R, van Eggermond M, van den Elsen P. Genetic and epigenetic control of the major histocompatibility complex class Ib gene HLA-G in trophoblast cell lines. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2009;1173:538-44 pubmed publisher..Despite similar levels of DNA methylation both in JEG3 and JAR cells, we found the levels of histone acetylation in HLA-G promoter chromatin to be significantly enhanced in JEG3 cells coinciding with HLA-G expression. ..
- Chen H, Lin A, Shen C, Zhen R, Chen B, Zhang X, et al. Upregulation of human leukocyte antigen-G expression and its clinical significance in ductal breast cancer. Hum Immunol. 2010;71:892-8 pubmed publisher..582, p = 0.001). Our findings indicated that HLA-G could play critical roles in the progression of breast cancer, and plasma sHLA-G levels might be a useful preoperative biomarker for diagnosis. ..
- Ghandri N, Gabbouj S, Farhat K, Bouaouina N, Abdelaziz H, Nouri A, et al. Association of HLA-G polymorphisms with nasopharyngeal carcinoma risk and clinical outcome. Hum Immunol. 2011;72:150-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the codon 130C deletion occurrence was significantly associated with a decreased NPC free disease and overall survival. Altogether our results suggest a possible role for HLA-G locus in NPC progression and aggressiveness. ..
- Guo Q, Chen B, Ruan Y, Lin A, Yan W. HLA-G expression is irrelevant to prognosis in patients with acute myeloid leukemia. Leuk Res. 2011;35:1350-4 pubmed publisher..7 months (95% CI: 16.1-25.3) and 20.1 months (95% CI: 14.3-25.8), respectively. Taken together, our findings indicated that HLA-G expression is of no significance for the prognosis of patients with AML. ..
- Shi W, Lin A, Xu D, Bao W, Zhang J, Chen S, et al. Plasma soluble human leukocyte antigen-G expression is a potential clinical biomarker in patients with hepatitis B virus infection. Hum Immunol. 2011;72:1068-73 pubmed publisher..001). Our findings indicated that induction of HLA-G expression may play a role in HBV immune evasion and sHLA-G levels could be a useful biomarker in HBV infection. ..