Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HLA-DRB5
Description: major histocompatibility complex, class II, DR beta 5
Alias: major histocompatibility complex, class II, DR beta 5, DR beta-5, HLA class II histocompatibility antigen, DR-5 beta chain, MHC class II antigen DRB5
Publications254 found, 100 shown here
- Liao S, Zhang Y, Ting S, Zhen Z, Luo F, Zhu Z, et al. Potent immunomodulation and angiogenic effects of mesenchymal stem cells versus cardiomyocytes derived from pluripotent stem cells for treatment of heart failure. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2019;10:78 pubmed publisher..This is due to their immunomodulation that improves in vivo survival and enhanced angiogenesis via paracrine effects. ..
- Vilches C, Sepulveda S, Balas A, Solis R, Aviles M, Estefanía E, et al. Complete coding sequences and haplotypic associations of HLA-B*0707, -B*1524, -B*4405, -B*4802, -DRB1*0409, -DRB1*0411, -DRB1*1115, -DRB1*1305, and the novel allele -DRB1*0709. Group-specific amplification of cDNA from DRB1 alleles associated to DRB3. Tissue Antigens. 2005;65:529-38 pubmed..The primary structures, functional features, evolutionary relationships, haplotypic associations, and population distributions of each of the nine HLA-B and -DRB1 alleles reported here are reviewed. ..
- Lincoln M, Ramagopalan S, Chao M, Herrera B, DeLuca G, Orton S, et al. Epistasis among HLA-DRB1, HLA-DQA1, and HLA-DQB1 loci determines multiple sclerosis susceptibility. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:7542-7 pubmed publisher..MHC disease associations may be more generally haplotypic or diplotypic. ..
- Diamond D, Sleckman B, Gregory T, Lasky L, Greenstein J, Burakoff S. Inhibition of CD4+ T cell function by the HIV envelope protein, gp120. J Immunol. 1988;141:3715-7 pubmed..Using a murine T cell hybridoma which expresses the human CD4 protein and exhibits a CD4-dependent response to Ag, we demonstrate that the HIV envelope protein gp120 can specifically inhibit this response. ..
- Aouizerate J, De Antonio M, Bassez G, Gherardi R, Berenbaum F, Guillevin L, et al. Myofiber HLA-DR expression is a distinctive biomarker for antisynthetase-associated myopathy. Acta Neuropathol Commun. 2014;2:154 pubmed publisher..HLA-DR detection must be included for routine myopathological diagnosis of inflammatory/dysimmune myopathies. HLA-DR expression in ASM may indicate a specific immune mechanism, possibly involving IFNÎ³. ..
- Fitzpatrick D, Ryan C, Shah N, Greene D, Molony C, Shields D. Genome-wide epistatic expression quantitative trait loci discovery in four human tissues reveals the importance of local chromosomal interactions governing gene expression. BMC Genomics. 2015;16:109 pubmed publisher..In the context of gene expression and its regulation, our analysis indicates that the study of cis-cis or local epistatic interactions may have a more important role than interchromosomal interactions. ..
- Wolin A, Lahtela E, Anttila V, Petrek M, Grunewald J, van Moorsel C, et al. SNP Variants in Major Histocompatibility Complex Are Associated with Sarcoidosis Susceptibility-A Joint Analysis in Four European Populations. Front Immunol. 2017;8:422 pubmed publisher..g., not due to LD) and shared across ancestral origins. The variants that were independent of HLA-DRB1 associations acted as eQTL for HLA-DRB1 and/or -DRB5, suggesting a role in regulating gene expression. ..
- Fletcher K, Ulferts R, Jacquin E, Veith T, Gammoh N, Arasteh J, et al. The WD40 domain of ATG16L1 is required for its non-canonical role in lipidation of LC3 at single membranes. EMBO J. 2018;37: pubmed publisher..This suggests dependence on WD40 CTD distinguishes between macroautophagy and non-canonical use of autophagy machinery. ..
- Autiero M, Houlgatte R, Martin M, Auffray C, Guardiola J, Piatier Tonneau D. Competition of HLA-DR and a beta 2 domain peptide for HIV envelope glycoprotein gp120 binding to CD4. Int Immunol. 1995;7:191-7 pubmed..In that case, alpha 2 chain residues might interact with CD4 residues different from those involved in the binding of gp120 but located close to them in the first domain.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Raymond C, Kas A, Paddock M, Qiu R, Zhou Y, Subramanian S, et al. Ancient haplotypes of the HLA Class II region. Genome Res. 2005;15:1250-7 pubmed
- Arora P, Porcelli S. An Efficient and High Yield Method for Isolation of Mouse Dendritic Cell Subsets. J Vis Exp. 2016;:e53824 pubmed publisher..We have adapted this model to purify large numbers of functional dendritic cells for use in cell transfer experiments to compare in vivo proficiency of different DC subsets. ..
- Brain O, Allan P, Simmons A. NOD2-mediated autophagy and Crohn disease. Autophagy. 2010;6:412-4 pubmed..Aberrant bacterial handling and immune priming could act as a trigger for inflammation in CD. ..
- Zhang Z, Li Y, Ng C, Song Y. Inflammation in Alzheimer's Disease and Molecular Genetics: Recent Update. Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz). 2015;63:333-44 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we try to review the inflammation in AD and immunity-associated GWAS risk genes like HLA-DRB5/DRB1, INPP5D, MEF2C, CR1, CLU and TREM2. ..
- Gorski J. HLA-DR beta-chain polymorphism. Second domain polymorphism reflects evolutionary relatedness of alleles and may explain public serologic epitopes. J Immunol. 1989;143:329-33 pubmed..The relative nonpolymorphism of the second domains within evolutionarily related haplotypes makes them likely candidates for encoding the epitopes recognized by public serologic reagents. ..
- Li S, Jiao H, Yu X, Strong A, Shao Y, Sun Y, et al. Human leukocyte antigen class I and class II allele frequencies and HIV-1 infection associations in a Chinese cohort. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2007;44:121-31 pubmed..These data contribute to the database of allele frequencies and associations with HIV infection in the Chinese population. ..
- Luo M, Blanchard J, Maclean I, Brunham R. Identification of a novel DRB1 allele, DRB1*1112, by sequence-based DRB typing. Tissue Antigens. 2001;57:85-6 pubmed
- Tromp G, Ogata T, Gregoire L, Goddard K, Skunca M, Lancaster W, et al. HLA-DQA is associated with abdominal aortic aneurysms in the Belgian population. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2006;1085:392-5 pubmed..In conclusion, this study showed potential evidence that the HLA-DQA1 locus harbors a genetic risk factor for AAAs suggesting that autoimmunity plays a role in the pathogenesis of AAAs. ..
- Vignal C, Bansal A, Balding D, Binks M, Dickson M, Montgomery D, et al. Genetic association of the major histocompatibility complex with rheumatoid arthritis implicates two non-DRB1 loci. Arthritis Rheum. 2009;60:53-62 pubmed publisher..These results confirm the polygenic contribution of the MHC to RA and implicate 2 additional non-DRB1 susceptibility loci. The role of the HLA-DQ locus in RA has been a subject of controversy, but in our data, it appears to be spurious. ..
- Mason C, Hanson R, Ossowski V, Bian L, Baier L, Krakoff J, et al. Bimodal distribution of RNA expression levels in human skeletal muscle tissue. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:98 pubmed publisher..The high frequency of disease associations reported with these genes gives hope that this unique feature may identify or actually be an underlying factor responsible for disease development. ..
- Edgar C, Terrell D, Vesely S, Wren J, Dozmorov I, Niewold T, et al. Ribosomal and immune transcripts associate with relapse in acquired ADAMTS13-deficient thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0117614 pubmed publisher..These data associate elevated ribosomal and immune transcripts with relapse history in acquired, ADAMTS13-deficient TTP. ..
- Ju J, Marietta E, Murray J. Generating Transgenic Mouse Models for Studying Celiac Disease. Methods Mol Biol. 2015;1326:23-33 pubmed publisher..Overall, the tools for animal studies in celiac disease are many and varied, and provide ample space for further creativity as well as to characterize the complete and complex pathogenesis of celiac disease. ..
- Humblet Baron S, Barber J, Roca C, Lenaerts A, Koni P, Liston A. Murine myeloproliferative disorder as a consequence of impaired collaboration between dendritic cells and CD4 T cells. Blood. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Our findings support a new conceptual framework of DC biology in preventing MPD in mice and humans. ..
- Streltsova M, Erokhina S, Kanevskiy L, Grechikhina M, Kobyzeva P, Lee D, et al. Recurrent Stimulation of Natural Killer Cell Clones with K562 Expressing Membrane-Bound Interleukin-21 Affects Their Phenotype, Interferon-γ Production, and Lifespan. Int J Mol Sci. 2019;20: pubmed publisher..Our method is applicable for studying variability in phenotype, proliferative, and functional activity of certain NK cell progeny in response to the stimulation, which may help in selecting NK cells best suited for clinical use. ..
- Nesci S, Buffi O, Iliescu A, Luchetti M, Battarra M, Amadei M, et al. A new HLA-DRB1*11 allele, DRB1*1144, identified by cloning and sequencing. Tissue Antigens. 2004;63:282-3 pubmed..Molecular cloning and direct sequencing confirmed that the new allele is identical to DRB1*110401 at exon 2, except for a single nucleotide substitution (GTG-->GCG) changing codon 38 from Valine to Alanine. ..
- Cheng Y, Xu M, Song W, Yang Y, Liu W, Li Y, et al. [Microarray DNA chip in analyzing the association between HLA-DRB and advanced hepatosplenic schistosomiasis]. Zhongguo Ji Sheng Chong Xue Yu Ji Sheng Chong Bing Za Zhi. 2005;23:392-5 pubmed..01). Allele HLA-DRB1*04x is positively, while HLA-DRB1*15x is negatively, correlated with advanced hepatosplenic schistosomiasis. ..
- Silverberg M, Cho J, Rioux J, McGovern D, Wu J, Annese V, et al. Ulcerative colitis-risk loci on chromosomes 1p36 and 12q15 found by genome-wide association study. Nat Genet. 2009;41:216-20 pubmed publisher..0 x 10(-16), combined OR = 0.66) and at the IL23R locus on chromosome 1p31 (rs11209026, combined P = 1.3 x 10(-8), combined OR = 0.56; rs10889677, combined P = 1.3 x 10(-8), combined OR = 1.29). ..
- Yucesoy B, Talzhanov Y, Johnson V, Wilson N, Biagini R, Wang W, et al. Genetic variants within the MHC region are associated with immune responsiveness to childhood vaccinations. Vaccine. 2013;31:5381-91 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that genetic variations within particular MHC genes can influence immune response to common childhood vaccinations, which in turn may influence vaccine efficacy. ..
- Saini N, Baena A, Ng T, Venkataswamy M, Kennedy S, Kunnath Velayudhan S, et al. Suppression of autophagy and antigen presentation by Mycobacterium tuberculosis PE_PGRS47. Nat Microbiol. 2016;1:16133 pubmed publisher..tuberculosis, suggesting strategies for improving antigen presentation and the generation of protective immunity during vaccination or infection. ..
- Veselits M, Tanaka A, Chen Y, Hamel K, Mandal M, Kandasamy M, et al. Ig? ubiquitination activates PI3K signals required for endosomal sorting. J Exp Med. 2017;214:3775-3790 pubmed publisher..Rather, it is critical for activating endosomal toll-like receptors and antiviral humoral immunity. These findings demonstrate a novel mechanism of receptor endosomal signaling required for specific peripheral immune responses. ..
- Kenter M, Otting N, Anholts J, Jonker M, Schipper R, Bontrop R. Mhc-DRB diversity of the chimpanzee (Pan troglodytes). Immunogenetics. 1992;37:1-11 pubmed..Finally, two distinct Patr-DRB haplotypes are deduced, one of which (the chimpanzee equivalent of the HLA-DR7 haplotype) is probably older than 6-8 million years...
- Lin Y, Ren E, Chan S. A new DR11 allele in Singaporean Chinese. Tissue Antigens. 1993;41:204-5 pubmed
- Martinez Quiles N, Martin Villa J, Ferre Lopez S, Moreno Pelayo M, Martinez Laso J, Perez Blas M, et al. Complete cDNA sequence of the HLA-DRB1*09012 allele. Eur J Immunogenet. 1998;25:307-9 pubmed..In the DR9 antigen, two synonymous allelic variants (DRB1*09011 and 09012) were officially recognized, though it was later found that the first one contained an error and both sequences were, thus, identical. ..
- Zipp F, Windemuth C, Pankow H, Dichgans J, Wienker T, Martin R, et al. Multiple sclerosis associated amino acids of polymorphic regions relevant for the HLA antigen binding are confined to HLA-DR2. Hum Immunol. 2000;61:1021-30 pubmed..Thus, the contribution of HLA class II to the pathogenesis of MS is not mediated by allele-overlapping antigen binding sites, but is confined to the disease associated HLA allele. ..
- Finzi A, Orthwein A, Mercier J, Cohen E. Productive human immunodeficiency virus type 1 assembly takes place at the plasma membrane. J Virol. 2007;81:7476-90 pubmed..These results point towards the PM as being the primary site of productive HIV-1 assembly in cells that also support Gag accumulation in intracellular compartments. ..
- Ensoli B, Bellino S, Tripiciano A, Longo O, Francavilla V, Marcotullio S, et al. Therapeutic immunization with HIV-1 Tat reduces immune activation and loss of regulatory T-cells and improves immune function in subjects on HAART. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13540 pubmed publisher..In contrast, these changes were opposite, absent or partial in the OBS population. These findings support the use of Tat immunization to intensify HAART efficacy and to restore immune homeostasis. ClinicalTrials.gov NCT00751595. ..
- Slager S, Rabe K, Achenbach S, Vachon C, Goldin L, Strom S, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies a novel susceptibility locus at 6p21.3 among familial CLL. Blood. 2011;117:1911-6 pubmed publisher..Our findings support the hypothesis that familial CLL cases have additional genetic variants not seen in sporadic CLL. Additional loci among familial CLL cases may be identified through larger studies. ..
- Louthrenoo W, Kasitanon N, Wichainun R, Wangkaew S, Sukitawut W, Ohnogi Y, et al. The genetic contribution of HLA-DRB5*01:01 to systemic lupus erythematosus in Thailand. Int J Immunogenet. 2013;40:126-30 pubmed publisher..The genetic contribution of DRB5*01:01 is due partially to the linkage disequilibrium between DRB1*16:02 and DRB5*01:01 in the northern Thai population. ..
- Kervaire B, Tiercy J. Sequence of a new HLA-DR allele, DRB5*0106. Eur J Immunogenet. 1997;24:225-228 pubmed publisher..HLA-DRB5*0106 can be readily detected upon DR generic oligotyping, provided the two probes that mark the major DRB5 subtypes, DRB5*0101 and DRB5*02, respectively, are included in the assay. ..
- Machulla H, Stein J, Gautsch A, Langner J, Schaller H, Reichert S. HLA-A, B, Cw, DRB1, DRB3/4/5, DQB1 in German patients suffering from rapidly progressive periodontitis (RPP) and adult periodontitis (AP). J Clin Periodontol. 2002;29:573-9 pubmed..Certain HLA alleles seem to be associated with susceptibility or resistance to periodontitis in general. However, before this knowledge can be used for differential diagnosis or prognosis, further investigations are necessary. ..
- Voorter C, Amicosante M, Berretta F, Groeneveld L, Drent M, van den Berg Loonen E. HLA class II amino acid epitopes as susceptibility markers of sarcoidosis. Tissue Antigens. 2007;70:18-27 pubmed..Overall, pocket 9 of DQ and pocket 4 of DR seem to be the most important areas involved in the association with sarcoidosis. ..
- Gilthorpe J, Oozeer F, Nash J, Calvo M, Bennett D, Lumsden A, et al. Extracellular histone H1 is neurotoxic and drives a pro-inflammatory response in microglia. F1000Res. 2013;2:148 pubmed publisher..We suggest that histone H1 acts as an antimicrobial peptide and kills neurons through mitochondrial damage and apoptosis. ..
- GuÃ©ant J, Romano A, Cornejo Garcia J, Oussalah A, Chery C, Blanca LÃ³pez N, et al. HLA-DRA variants predict penicillin allergy in genome-wide fine-mapping genotyping. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2015;135:253-9 pubmed publisher..These data suggest complex gene-environment interactions in which genetic susceptibility of HLA type 2 antigen presentation plays a central role. ..
- Oh J, Shin J. Molecular mechanism and cellular function of MHCII ubiquitination. Immunol Rev. 2015;266:134-44 pubmed publisher..Thus, ubiquitination appears to confer MHCII a function independent of presenting antigens by a mechanism yet to be identified. ..
- Wang Z, Milne K, Webb J, Watson P. CD74 and intratumoral immune response in breast cancer. Oncotarget. 2017;8:12664-12674 pubmed publisher..CD74 and MHCII expression is associated with patient survival in Basal-like breast cancer, and the association with TIL may reflect an effective intratumoral immune response. ..
- Pham K, Delitto D, Knowlton A, Hartlage E, Madhavan R, Gonzalo D, et al. Isolation of Pancreatic Cancer Cells from a Patient-Derived Xenograft Model Allows for Practical Expansion and Preserved Heterogeneity in Culture. Am J Pathol. 2016;186:1537-46 pubmed publisher..This work therefore presents a reliable method for the rapid expansion of primary human PC cells and, thereby, provides a platform for translational investigation and, importantly, potential personalized therapeutic approaches. ..
- Kotowski M, Bogacz A, Bartkowiak Wieczorek J, Bukowska A, Surowiec N, Dziewanowski K, et al. The Importance of New Generation Sequencing (NGS) HLA Typing in Renal Transplantation-Preliminary Report. Transplant Proc. 2018;50:1605-1615 pubmed publisher..Expanding the qualification procedure to include allele genotyping could allow clinicians to establish immunosuppressive treatment schemes that would be optimally suited for recipients' phenotype. ..
- Cai W, Zhou D, Wu W, Tan W, Wang J, Zhou C, et al. MHC class II restricted neoantigen peptides predicted by clonal mutation analysis in lung adenocarcinoma patients: implications on prognostic immunological biomarker and vaccine design. BMC Genomics. 2018;19:582 pubmed publisher..Our results support the feasibility of discovering individualized HLA Class II presented mutant peptides as candidates for immunodiagnosis and immunotherapy of lung adenocarcinoma. ..
- Karr R, Gregersen P, Obata F, Goldberg D, Maccari J, Alber C, et al. Analysis of DR beta and DQ beta chain cDNA clones from a DR7 haplotype. J Immunol. 1986;137:2886-90 pubmed..These findings raise interesting questions about the evolution of the DR3, DR4, and DR7 haplotypes. ..
- Chirmule N, McCloskey T, Hu R, Kalyanaraman V, Pahwa S. HIV gp120 inhibits T cell activation by interfering with expression of costimulatory molecules CD40 ligand and CD80 (B71). J Immunol. 1995;155:917-24 pubmed
- Bannai M, Tokunaga K, Lin L, Park M, Kuwata S, Fujisawa K, et al. A new HLA-DR11 DRB1 allele found in a Korean. Hum Immunol. 1994;39:230-2 pubmed
- Voorter C, Roeffaers H, du Toit E, van den Berg Loonen E. The absence of DR51 in a DRB5-positive individual DR2ES is caused by a null allele (DRB5*0108N). Tissue Antigens. 1997;50:326-33 pubmed..The allele has been officially named DRB5*0108N. This is the first description of a null allele of the DRB5 gene. ..
- Wubbolts R, Leckie R, Veenhuizen P, Schwarzmann G, Mobius W, Hoernschemeyer J, et al. Proteomic and biochemical analyses of human B cell-derived exosomes. Potential implications for their function and multivesicular body formation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:10963-72 pubmed
- Nalini R, Ozer K, Maldonado M, Patel S, Hampe C, Guthikonda A, et al. Presence or absence of a known diabetic ketoacidosis precipitant defines distinct syndromes of "A-?+" ketosis-prone diabetes based on long-term ?-cell function, human leukocyte antigen class II alleles, and sex predilection. Metabolism. 2010;59:1448-55 pubmed publisher..Unprovoked DKA predicts long-term ?-cell functional reserve, insulin independence, and glycemic control in KPD. ..
- Temme S, Zacharias M, Neumann J, Wohlfromm S, KÃ¶nig A, Temme N, et al. A novel family of human leukocyte antigen class II receptors may have its origin in archaic human species. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:639-53 pubmed publisher..Because the *0401 allele is rare in the sub-Saharan population but frequent in the European population, it may have arisen in modern humans by admixture with Neanderthals in Europe. ..
- van Luijn M, Kreft K, Jongsma M, Mes S, Wierenga Wolf A, van Meurs M, et al. Multiple sclerosis-associated CLEC16A controls HLA class II expression via late endosome biogenesis. Brain. 2015;138:1531-47 pubmed publisher..These findings are a first step in coupling multiple sclerosis-associated genes to the regulation of the strongest genetic factor in multiple sclerosis, human leukocyte antigen class II. ..
- MÃ¼nz C. Autophagy Beyond Intracellular MHC Class II Antigen Presentation. Trends Immunol. 2016;37:755-763 pubmed publisher..The respective pathways, especially in regard to their net outcome for CD4+ helper and CD8+ cytotoxic T cell responses in vivo, will be discussed in this review. ..
- Deng X, Yang Y, Sun H, Qi W, Duan Y, Qian Y. Analysis of whole genome-wide methylation and gene expression profiles in visceral omental adipose tissue of pregnancies with gestational diabetes mellitus. J Chin Med Assoc. 2018;81:623-630 pubmed publisher..These results may be valuable for the prognostic biomarkers and future therapeutic targets. ..
- Novosel D, Cadar D, Tuboly T, Jungić A, Stadejek T, Ait Ali T, et al. Investigating porcine parvoviruses genogroup 2 infection using in situ polymerase chain reaction. BMC Vet Res. 2018;14:163 pubmed publisher..The overall conclusion of this study indicates that PPV2 may contribute to the pathogenesis of pneumonia. ..
- Debiec H, Dossier C, Letouze E, Gillies C, Vivarelli M, Putler R, et al. Transethnic, Genome-Wide Analysis Reveals Immune-Related Risk Alleles and Phenotypic Correlates in Pediatric Steroid-Sensitive Nephrotic Syndrome. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2018;29:2000-2013 pubmed publisher..Characterization of these SNPs provide an entry for understanding immune dysregulation in NS and introducing a genomically defined classification. ..
- Liao P, Qin J, Zeng T, Li F, Cai J, He L. [A 1:2 matched case-control study on the interaction of HPV16E6 and HLA-DR9 allele to esophageal cancer in Kazakh ethnicity, Xinjiang]. Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi. 2009;30:951-4 pubmed..In our study, we found that the HLA-DR9 allele and HPV16E6 infection had a function of synergy in the process of malignant transformation of esophageal epithelial cells, and jointly promoting the occurrence and development of EC. ..
- Odani T, Yasuda S, Ota Y, Fujieda Y, Kon Y, Horita T, et al. Up-regulated expression of HLA-DRB5 transcripts and high frequency of the HLA-DRB5*01:05 allele in scleroderma patients with interstitial lung disease. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2012;51:1765-74 pubmed..These associations were confirmed in the second cohort. HLA-DRB5 was highly expressed in PBMCs from patients with SSc-related ILD. The HLA-DRB5*01:05 allele is a risk factor for ILD in patients with SSc. ..
- Kim K, Bang S, Yoo D, Cho S, Choi C, Sung Y, et al. Imputing Variants in HLA-DR Beta Genes Reveals That HLA-DRB1 Is Solely Associated with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0150283 pubmed publisher..Moreover, there were no secondary effects in HLA-DRB3, HLA-DRB4, or HLA-DRB5 in RA or SLE. Of all the HLA-DR beta chain paralogs, those encoded by HLA-DRB1 solely or dominantly influence susceptibility to RA and SLE. ..
- Qi H, Zhang Y, Sun L, Chen C, Xu B, Xu F, et al. Discovery of susceptibility loci associated with tuberculosis in Han Chinese. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:4752-4763 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide new insight into the genetic background of TB in the Han Chinese population...
- O Donohue J, Oien K, Donaldson P, Underhill J, Clare M, MacSween R, et al. Co-amoxiclav jaundice: clinical and histological features and HLA class II association. Gut. 2000;47:717-20 pubmed..Jaundice associated with co-amoxiclav has been increasingly recognised. We aimed to characterise its clinical and histological features and to investigate linkage with human leucocyte antigen class II haplotypes...
- Katzman P, Murphy S, Oble D. Immunohistochemical analysis reveals an influx of regulatory T cells and focal trophoblastic STAT-1 phosphorylation in chronic villitis of unknown etiology. Pediatr Dev Pathol. 2011;14:284-93 pubmed publisher..Our observation that P-(Y701)-STAT-1 expression in a syncytiotrophoblast is restricted to regions of inflammation suggests that the JAK-STAT-1 pathway is aberrantly activated in these cells. ..
- Tauro A, Addicott D, Foale R, Bowman C, Hahn C, Long S, et al. Clinical features of idiopathic inflammatory polymyopathy in the Hungarian Vizsla. BMC Vet Res. 2015;11:97 pubmed publisher..The prognosis remains guarded, as treatment can only manage the disease. Recurrence of clinical signs and perceived poor quality of life are the most common reasons for humane euthanasia. ..
- Matsumoto K, Maeda H, Oki A, Takatsuka N, Yasugi T, Furuta R, et al. Human leukocyte antigen class II DRB1*1302 allele protects against cervical cancer: At which step of multistage carcinogenesis?. Cancer Sci. 2015;106:1448-54 pubmed publisher..2% vs. 23.7%, P = 0.03). In conclusion, the two different types of analysis in this single study showed the protective effect of the DRB1*1302 allele against progression from CIN1 to CIN2/3. ..
- Ando A, Shigenari A, Kojima Shibata C, Nakajoh M, Suzuki K, Kitagawa H, et al. Association of swine leukocyte antigen class II haplotypes and immune-related traits in a swine line selected for resistance to mycoplasmal pneumonia. Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis. 2016;48:33-40 pubmed publisher..Therefore, in the studied Landrace line, the Lr-0.23 and Lr-0.13 haplotypes are potentially useful genetic markers for selecting and breeding animals with less severe pathological lesions of MPS. ..
- Wamala D, Buteme H, Kirimunda S, Kallenius G, Joloba M. Association between human leukocyte antigen class II and pulmonary tuberculosis due to mycobacterium tuberculosis in Uganda. BMC Infect Dis. 2016;16:23 pubmed publisher..003). After correction for multiple comparisons the difference remained significant (pâ€‰=â€‰0.018). Our results suggest that the HLA-DQB1*03:03 allele may be associated with resistance to TB. ..
- Rihs H, Chen Z, Rueff F, Cremer R, Raulf Heimsoth M, Baur X, et al. HLA-DQ8 and the HLA-DQ8-DR4 haplotype are positively associated with the hevein-specific IgE immune response in health care workers with latex allergy. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2002;110:507-14 pubmed..The DQB1*0302 (DQ8) alone, the DQB1*0302 (DQ8)-DRB1*04 (DR4) haplotype, or both are significantly involved in the hevein-specific IgE immune response in HCWs with latex allergy. ..
- Yue M, Xu K, Wu M, Han Y, Huang P, Peng Z, et al. Human Leukocyte Antigen Class II Alleles Are Associated with Hepatitis C Virus Natural Susceptibility in the Chinese Population. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:16792-805 pubmed publisher..713, 95% CI: 0.552-0.921). Our results indicated that the genetic variations of rs2856718 within the HLA-DQ gene are associated with the natural susceptibility to HCV infection among the Chinese population. ..
- Bodily P, Fujimoto M, Page J, Clement M, Ebbert M, Ridge P. A novel approach for multi-SNP GWAS and its application in Alzheimer's disease. BMC Bioinformatics. 2016;17 Suppl 7:268 pubmed publisher..GRIA3 has not been previously reported in association with AD, but is known to play a role in learning and memory. ..
- Lee K, Johnson A, Hurley C. Two divergent routes of evolution gave rise to the DRw13 haplotypes. J Immunol. 1990;145:3119-25 pubmed
- Wu S, Saunders T, Bach F. Polymorphism of human Ia antigens generated by reciprocal intergenic exchange between two DR beta loci. Nature. 1986;324:676-9 pubmed
- Jiang D, Zhang J, Cheng L, Zhang G, Li Y, Li Z, et al. Hantavirus Gc induces long-term immune protection via LAMP-targeting DNA vaccine strategy. Antiviral Res. 2018;150:174-182 pubmed publisher..Importantly, the pan-epitope reaction to Gc indicated that Gc should be with potential for use in further hantavirus DNA vaccine investigations. ..
- Zabay Becerril J, Burcet Darde J, Mulet Ferrer J, Soler Farré J, Viader Farré C. [The relation between the HLA-DRB1*1501 allele and the severity of multiple sclerosis in a sample of the Spanish population from the Balearic Islands: the influence exerted by sex]. Rev Neurol. 2004;38:118-22 pubmed..Our findings emphasise how important it is in genetic studies of complex traits to reduce the phenotypic heterogeneity of patients as much as possible. ..
- Nielsen H, Steffensen R, Varming K, van Halteren A, Spierings E, Ryder L, et al. Association of HY-restricting HLA class II alleles with pregnancy outcome in patients with recurrent miscarriage subsequent to a firstborn boy. Hum Mol Genet. 2009;18:1684-91 pubmed publisher..The results may shed light on the as-yet unknown immunological causes of SRM and may help understand the successful maternal acceptance of the fetal semi-allograft. ..
- Gao L, Emond M, Louie T, Cheadle C, Berger A, Rafaels N, et al. Identification of Rare Variants in ATP8B4 as a Risk Factor for Systemic Sclerosis by Whole-Exome Sequencing. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2016;68:191-200 pubmed publisher..Differential ATP8B4 expression was observed among the SSc patients compared to the controls (Pâ€‰=â€‰0.0005). ATP8B4 may represent a putative genetic risk factor for SSc and pulmonary vascular complications. ..
- Longhi E, Frison S, Andreini E, Favoino B, Poli F, Scalamogna M. Description of a new HLA-DRB1*1104, DRB1*110403. Tissue Antigens. 2005;66:700-1 pubmed..The variant originally identified in a Caucasoid individual was confirmed by cloning and sequencing. ..
- Bozzacco L, Yu H, Dengjel J, Trumpfheller C, Zebroski H, Zhang N, et al. Strategy for identifying dendritic cell-processed CD4+ T cell epitopes from the HIV gag p24 protein. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41897 pubmed publisher..These results support the application of our strategy to identify and characterize peptide epitopes derived from vaccine proteins processed by DCs and thus has the potential to greatly accelerate DC-based vaccine development. ..
- Steimle V, Hinkkanen A, Schlesier M, Epplen J. A novel HLA-DR beta I sequence from the DRw11 haplotype. Immunogenetics. 1988;28:208-10 pubmed
- Robbins F, Tang T, Yao H, Ng J, Hartzman R, Hurley C. Direct sequencing of SSP-PCR-amplified cDNA to identify new alleles in the DR52-associated DRB1 group: identification of DRB1*1115, DRB1*1117 and DRB1*1319. Tissue Antigens. 1995;45:302-8 pubmed
- Caillier S, Briggs F, Cree B, Baranzini S, Fernandez Vina M, Ramsay P, et al. Uncoupling the roles of HLA-DRB1 and HLA-DRB5 genes in multiple sclerosis. J Immunol. 2008;181:5473-80 pubmed..The data underscore the power of the African American MS dataset to identify disease genes by association in a region of high linkage disequilibrium. ..