Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HLA-DRB4
Description: major histocompatibility complex, class II, DR beta 4
Alias: DR4, DRB4, HLA-DR4B, major histocompatibility complex, class II, DR beta 4, HLA class II histocompatibility antigen, DR beta 4 chain, MHC class II antigen DRB4
Publications116 found, 100 shown here
- Li C, Ueda Y, Shi B, Borodyansky L, Huang L, Li Y, et al. Tat protein induces self-perpetuating permissivity for productive HIV-1 infection. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:8116-20 pubmed..Accordingly, these primary T cells progressed from G0 to the late G1 phase of the cell cycle. ..
- de Gassart A, Camosseto V, Thibodeau J, Ceppi M, Catalan N, Pierre P, et al. MHC class II stabilization at the surface of human dendritic cells is the result of maturation-dependent MARCH I down-regulation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:3491-6 pubmed publisher..MARCH I is, therefore, a major regulator of HLA-DR traffic, and its loss contributes to the acquisition of the potent immunostimulatory properties of mature human DCs. ..
- Fanales Belasio E, Moretti S, Nappi F, Barillari G, Micheletti F, Cafaro A, et al. Native HIV-1 Tat protein targets monocyte-derived dendritic cells and enhances their maturation, function, and antigen-specific T cell responses. J Immunol. 2002;168:197-206 pubmed..Thus, Tat can act as both Ag and adjuvant, capable of driving T cell-mediated immune responses. ..
- Holder A, Kennedy L, Ollier W, Catchpole B. Breed differences in development of anti-insulin antibodies in diabetic dogs and investigation of the role of dog leukocyte antigen (DLA) genes. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2015;167:130-8 pubmed publisher..These research findings suggest that DLA genes influence AIA responses in treated diabetic dogs. ..
- Zhao L, Alshiekh S, Zhao M, Carlsson A, Larsson H, Forsander G, et al. Next-Generation Sequencing Reveals That HLA-DRB3, -DRB4, and -DRB5 May Be Associated With Islet Autoantibodies and Risk for Childhood Type 1 Diabetes. Diabetes. 2016;65:710-8 pubmed publisherThe possible contribution of HLA-DRB3, -DRB4, and -DRB5 alleles to type 1 diabetes risk and to insulin autoantibody (IAA), GAD65 (GAD autoantibody [GADA]), IA-2 antigen (IA-2A), or ZnT8 against either of the three amino acid variants R, W,..
- Min H, Lee B, Kwok S, Ju J, Kim W, Park Y, et al. Allopurinol hypersensitivity syndrome in patients with hematological malignancies: characteristics and clinical outcomes. Korean J Intern Med. 2015;30:521-30 pubmed publisher..Novel urate-lowering agents should be considered alternative treatments. ..
- Jasinski Bergner S, Reches A, Stoehr C, Massa C, Gonschorek E, Huettelmaier S, et al. Identification of novel microRNAs regulating HLA-G expression and investigating their clinical relevance in renal cell carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2016;7:26866-78 pubmed publisher..The identification of two novel HLA-G-regulatory miRs extends the number of HLA-G-relevant miRs tuning the HLA-G expression and might serve as future therapeutic targets. ..
- Kubyshkin A, Aliev L, Fomochkina I, Kovalenko Y, Litvinova S, Filonenko T, et al. Endometrial hyperplasia-related inflammation: its role in the development and progression of endometrial hyperplasia. Inflamm Res. 2016;65:785-94 pubmed publisher..In this study, we have established a role for CD 45(+) expression cells, non-specific proteases, and the inflammatory cytokines IL-1?, IL-6, and TNF-? in endometrial hyperplasia-related inflammation. ..
- Ladowski J, Martens G, Reyes L, Wang Z, Eckhoff D, Hauptfeld Dolejsek V, et al. Examining the Biosynthesis and Xenoantigenicity of Class II Swine Leukocyte Antigen Proteins. J Immunol. 2018;200:2957-2964 pubmed publisher..Humans possess preformed, specific, and cytotoxic Abs to class II SLA that bind in an epitope-restricted fashion. Site-specific epitope mutagenesis may decrease the Ab binding of highly sensitized individuals to pig cells. ..
- Miller K, Koide A, Leung B, Fitzsimmons J, Yoder B, Yuan H, et al. T cell receptor-like recognition of tumor in vivo by synthetic antibody fragment. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43746 pubmed publisher..These antibody fragments have great potential for diagnosis and targeted drug delivery in cancer. ..
- Gameiro S, Malamas A, Bernstein M, Tsang K, Vassantachart A, Sahoo N, et al. Tumor Cells Surviving Exposure to Proton or Photon Radiation Share a Common Immunogenic Modulation Signature, Rendering Them More Sensitive to T Cell-Mediated Killing. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2016;95:120-30 pubmed publisher..These findings offer a rationale for the use of proton radiation in combination with immunotherapy, including for patients who have failed radiation therapy alone or have limited treatment options. ..
- Glass S, Phan A, Williams J, Flowers C, Koff J. Integrating understanding of epidemiology and genomics in B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma as a pathway to novel management strategies. Discov Med. 2016;21:181-8 pubmed..Integrating these findings is important for constructing comprehensive models of NHL pathogenesis, which could yield novel targets for therapy and strategies for lymphoma prevention in certain populations. ..
- Song S, Lee J, Lee J, Huh K, Kim M, Kim S, et al. Outcomes of Kidney Recipients According to Mode of Pretransplantation Renal Replacement Therapy. Transplant Proc. 2016;48:2461-2463 pubmed publisher..The pretransplantation dialysis modality was found to affect both delayed graft function and early graft function, although not graft survival. ..
- Shi Y, Zhai W, Wang B, Zhao D, Jin H, Wang Y, et al. Genetic susceptibility of eight nonsynonymous polymorphisms in HLA-DRB1 gene to hepatocellular carcinoma in Han Chinese. Oncotarget. 2016;7:80935-80942 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest an independent leading contribution of rs17879599 in the 2nd exon of HLA-DRB1 gene to HCC risk in Han Chinese. ..
- Reiter O, Ben Amitai D, Amitay Laish I, Israeli M, Pavlovsky L, Hodak E. Pediatric mycosis fungoides: a study of the human leukocyte antigen system among Israeli Jewish patients. Arch Dermatol Res. 2017;309:851-856 pubmed publisher..Thus, pediatric MF differs from its adult counterpart not only in clinical manifestations and course, but apparently also in the underlying immuno-pathogenetic mechanism. ..
- Bjerregaard A, Nielsen M, Jurtz V, Barra C, Hadrup S, Szallasi Z, et al. An Analysis of Natural T Cell Responses to Predicted Tumor Neoepitopes. Front Immunol. 2017;8:1566 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results suggest new strategies for prioritization of mutated peptides, but new data will be needed to confirm their value...
- Braun J, Baraliakos X, Regel A, Kiltz U. Assessment of spinal pain. Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol. 2014;28:875-87 pubmed publisher..HLA B27 has the strongest contribution to the total genetic burden, but other major contributors such as endoplasmic reticulum aminopeptidase (ERAP)-1 and interleukin (IL)-23R have also been identified. ..
- Sugaya H, Mishima H, Gao R, Kaul S, Wadhwa R, Aoto K, et al. Fate of bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cells following autologous transplantation in a rabbit model of osteonecrosis. Cytotherapy. 2016;18:198-204 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that transplanted MSCs can differentiate into osteoblasts and induce tissue repair in an osteonecrosis model and can be tracked over the long term by i-QD labeling. ..
- Kovalchuka L, Cvetkova S, Trofimova J, Eglite J, Gintere S, Lucenko I, et al. Immunogenetic Markers Definition in Latvian Patients with Lyme Borreliosis and Lyme Neuroborreliosis. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2016;13: pubmed
- Baecklund F, Foo J, Askling J, Eloranta S, Glimelius I, Liu J, et al. Possible Interaction Between Cigarette Smoking and HLA-DRB1 Variation in the Risk of Follicular Lymphoma. Am J Epidemiol. 2017;185:681-687 pubmed publisher..6, 95% CI: 0.15, 1.0; for women, AP = 0.5, 95% CI: 0.005, 1.0). These results suggest a possible interaction between smoking and HLA-DRB1-associated antigen presentation in FL risk and provide a model to further unravel FL etiology. ..
- Friebus Kardash J, Wilde B, Keles D, Heinold A, Kribben A, Witzke O, et al. Pretransplant serum BAFF levels are associated with pretransplant HLA immunization and renal allograft survival. Transpl Immunol. 2018;47:10-17 pubmed publisher..6; p=0.03). Elevated pretransplant serum BAFF levels negatively affect renal allograft survival and represent a risk factor for allosensitization and subsequent AMR. ..
- Cardoso C, Uthida Tanaka A, Magalhães R, Magna L, Kraemer M. Association between psoriasis vulgaris and MHC-DRB, -DQB genes as a contribution to disease diagnosis. Eur J Dermatol. 2005;15:159-63 pubmed..DNA was extracted through a salting-out procedure: 13 DRB1 alleles, 3 DRB3 alleles, 1 DRB4 allele, 2 DRB5 alleles, and 5 DQB1 alleles were identified at a medium resolution using the PCR/SSP, and 45 DRB1 ..
- De Sousa Amorim E, Revuelta I, Blasco M, Diekmann F, Cid J, Lozano M, et al. Desensitization Before Living Donor Kidney Transplantation in Highly HLA-Sensitized Patients: A Single-Center Study. Transplant Proc. 2015;47:2332-5 pubmed publisher..In our series, 41% presented an AMR and 12.5% showed transplant glomerulopathy in protocol and/or indication biopsies. However, short-term outcomes and graft survival were satisfactory. ..
- Zhang C, Li Y, Wang Z, Gao J, Zhang X, Zuo X, et al. Variation at HLA-DPB1 is associated with dermatomyositis in Chinese population. J Dermatol. 2016;43:1307-1313 pubmed publisher..Our GWAS results in this population should provide important information regarding the genetic etiopathogenesis of DM and facilitate the development of new therapies for the treatment of DM and the prevention of DM progression. ..
- Loubser S, Paximadis M, Tiemessen C. Human leukocyte antigen class I (A, B and C) allele and haplotype variation in a South African Mixed ancestry population. Hum Immunol. 2017;78:399-400 pubmed publisher..Since HLA genes are important mediators of host immunity, we investigated HLA-A, -B and -C allele and haplotype diversity in 50 healthy, unrelated individuals recruited from the Mixed ancestry population. ..
- Keicho N, Tokunaga K, Nakata K, Taguchi Y, Azuma A, Tanabe K, et al. Contribution of TAP genes to genetic predisposition for diffuse panbronchiolitis. Tissue Antigens. 1999;53:366-73 pubmed..Besides the class I gene itself, genes relevant to the class I antigen presenting system might contribute to its genetic predisposition...
- Umemura T, Ota M. Genetic factors affect the etiology, clinical characteristics and outcome of autoimmune hepatitis. Clin J Gastroenterol. 2015;8:360-6 pubmed publisher..In this review, we describe the influence of HLA alleles and gene polymorphisms on AIH, along with the results of genome-wide association studies on this disease. ..
- Nguyen T, Jayaraman P, Bergseng E, Madhusudhan M, Kim C, Sollid L. Unraveling the structural basis for the unusually rich association of human leukocyte antigen DQ2.5 with class-II-associated invariant chain peptides. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:9218-9228 pubmed publisher..5. A molecular dynamics simulation experiment reported here and recent biochemical studies by others support this hypothesis. The diminished HLA-DM sensitivity is the likely reason for the CLIP-rich phenotype of HLA-DQ2.5. ..
- Stolk M, Klatte Schulz F, Schmock A, Minkwitz S, Wildemann B, Seifert M. New insights into tenocyte-immune cell interplay in an in vitro model of inflammation. Sci Rep. 2017;7:9801 pubmed publisher..Importantly, all changes detected in direct co-cultures were also present in a transwell setting, implicating that communication between the cells involves soluble factors. ..
- Gilissen L, van der Meer I, Smulders M. Why Oats Are Safe and Healthy for Celiac Disease Patients. Med Sci (Basel). 2016;4: pubmed publisher..Oats can form a healthy, nutritious, fiber-rich, and safe complement to the gluten-free diet. ..
- Esmaeili A, Rabe S, Mahmoudi M, Rastin M. Frequencies of HLA-A, B and DRB1 alleles in a large normal population living in the city of Mashhad, Northeastern Iran. Iran J Basic Med Sci. 2017;20:940-943 pubmed publisher..We studied the HLA class I and II allele frequencies in a large unrelated healthy Iranian population from Mashhad in the Northeast region...
- Sobecks R, Leis J, Gale R, Ahn K, Zhu X, Sabloff M, et al. Outcomes of human leukocyte antigen-matched sibling donor hematopoietic cell transplantation in chronic lymphocytic leukemia: myeloablative versus reduced-intensity conditioning regimens. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2014;20:1390-8 pubmed publisher..003) and PFS (PÂ = .0007) for both forms of transplantation conditioning. MA and RIC MSD transplantations are effective for CLL. Future strategies to decrease TRM and reduce relapses are warranted. ..
- Kanakry C, de Lima M, Luznik L. Alternative Donor Allogeneic Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation for Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Semin Hematol. 2015;52:232-42 pubmed publisher..Although none are randomized and most are retrospective, these analyses suggest that current outcomes for AML patients using most alternative donor types are comparable to those seen using HLA-matched siblings. ..
- Bhallil O, Ibrahimi A, Ouadghiri S, Ouzeddoun N, Benseffaj N, Bayahia R, et al. HLA Class II with Lupus Nephritis in Moroccan Patients. Immunol Invest. 2017;46:1-9 pubmed publisher..In the Moroccan population we demonstrated the positive association of HLA class II alleles and haplotypes with LN and with a severe form of nephritis. HLA-DRB1*15 allele does not determine the age of disease onset in LN. ..
- Tahan F, Eke Gungor H, Akar H, Saraymen B. Increased plasma soluble human leukocyte antigen-G in persistent wheezy infants. Pediatr Int. 2017;59:530-533 pubmed publisher..The increased sHLA-G in infants with persistent wheeze suggests that sHLA-G may be able to be used to distinguish persistent from transient wheeze. Further comprehensive studies are needed on this topic. ..
- Thongtharb A, Uchida K, Chambers J, Miwa Y, Murata Y, Nakayama H. Histological and immunohistochemical features of histiocytic sarcoma in four domestic ferrets (Mustela putorius furo). J Vet Diagn Invest. 2016;28:165-70 pubmed publisher..The survival time after surgical resection was 9 days to 5 months. Histiocytic sarcoma in the ferret is a rare, but highly aggressive, tumor commonly found in the spleen. ..
- Nishimura M, Toyoda M, Takenaka K, Imamura Y, Chayahara N, Kiyota N, et al. The combination of HLA-B*15:01 and DRB1*15:01 is associated with gemcitabine plus erlotinib-induced interstitial lung disease in patients with advanced pancreatic cancer. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2016;77:1165-70 pubmed publisher..0 (95 % CI 3.2-842.5; p = 0.011). These results suggest that the combination of HLA-B*15:01 and DRB1*15:01 is associated with ILD in Japanese patients with advanced pancreatic cancer receiving gemcitabine plus erlotinib. ..
- Chowell D, Morris L, Grigg C, Weber J, Samstein R, Makarov V, et al. Patient HLA class I genotype influences cancer response to checkpoint blockade immunotherapy. Science. 2018;359:582-587 pubmed publisher..Our results have important implications for predicting response to ICB and for the design of neoantigen-based therapeutic vaccines. ..
- Achour Y, Ben Hamad M, Chaabane S, Rebai A, Marzouk S, Mahfoudh N, et al. Analysis of two susceptibility SNPs in HLA region and evidence of interaction between rs6457617 in HLA-DQB1 and HLA-DRB1*04 locus on Tunisian rheumatoid arthritis. J Genet. 2017;96:911-918 pubmed..This study suggests the involvement of rs6457617 locus as risk variant for susceptibility/severity to RA in Tunisian population. Secondly, it highlights the gene-gene interaction between HLA-DQB1 and HLA-DRB1. ..
- Li S, Jiao H, Yu X, Strong A, Shao Y, Sun Y, et al. Human leukocyte antigen class I and class II allele frequencies and HIV-1 infection associations in a Chinese cohort. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2007;44:121-31 pubmed..Several class II alleles were found at high frequency (>or=10%): HLA-DRB3, HLA-DRB4, HLA-DRB5, HLA-DRB1*0701, HLA-DRB1*1501, HLA-DRB1*0401, HLA-DRB1*0901, HLA-DRB1*1201, HLA-DQB1*0601, HLA-DQB1*0301, ..
- Zhang R, Yu C, Wu R, Zhang L, Zhu L, Xu A, et al. RNA-Seq-Based Transcriptome Analysis of Changes in Gene Expression Linked to Human Pregnancy Outcome After In Vitro Fertilization-Embryo Transfer. Reprod Sci. 2016;23:134-45 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the current results provide a strong basis for future research to expound the molecular mechanism coping with pregnancy outcome. ..
- Grenga I, Donahue R, Lepone L, Richards J, Schlom J. A fully human IgG1 anti-PD-L1 MAb in an in vitro assay enhances antigen-specific T-cell responses. Clin Transl Immunology. 2016;5:e83 pubmed publisher..These findings provide the rationale for the use of avelumab anti-PD-L1 in in vitro assays to monitor patient immune responses to immunotherapies. ..
- Homma S, Hayashi K, Yoshida K, Sagawa Y, Kamata Y, Ito M. Nafamostat mesilate, a serine protease inhibitor, suppresses interferon-gamma-induced up-regulation of programmed cell death ligand 1 in human cancer cells. Int Immunopharmacol. 2017;54:39-45 pubmed publisher..NM could potentiate the antitumour effect of cancer vaccines or immune checkpoint inhibitors by preventing IFN-gamma-induced PD-L1 up-regulation and blocking immune checkpoint suppression...
- Bejanyan N, Haddad H, Brunstein C. Alternative Donor Transplantation for Acute Myeloid Leukemia. J Clin Med. 2015;4:1240-68 pubmed publisher..Thus, with both UCB and haploidentical donors available, lack of donor should rarely be a limiting factor in offering an allo-HCT to adults with AML. ..
- Hemler J, Phillips E, Mallal S, Kendall P. The evolving story of human leukocyte antigen and the immunogenetics of peanut allergy. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2015;115:471-6 pubmed publisher..More research is needed to validate and replicate these findings, to perform fine genetic mapping of specific HLA loci, and to demonstrate underlying mechanisms of HLA contributions to PA. ..
- Zhang Y, Yu Y, Qiao W, Liu Y, Zhou J, Xu J, et al. [Analysis of HPA1-16 and HLA-A, B gene polymorphisms among ethnic Han population from Shandong]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2016;33:690-3 pubmed publisher..The distribution of HPA polymorphisms also shows a great ethnic and territorial difference. It is important to construct regional database for the genotypes of HPA and HLA loci for platelet donors. ..
- Horibe R, Hirohashi Y, Asano T, Mariya T, Suzuki T, Takaya A, et al. Brother of the regulator of the imprinted site (BORIS) variant subfamily 6 is a novel target of lung cancer stem-like cell immunotherapy. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0171460 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that BORIS sf6 is a novel target of lung cancer immunotherapy that might be useful for targeting treatment-resistant lung cancer stem-like cells. ..
- Hirai A, Yoneda K, Shimajiri S, Kuroda K, Hanagiri T, Fujino Y, et al. Prognostic impact of programmed death-ligand 1 expression in correlation with human leukocyte antigen class I expression status in stage I adenocarcinoma of the lung. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2017;: pubmed publisher..552). The prognostic impact of programmed death-ligand 1 expression on tumor cells in early-stage lung adenocarcinoma may be distinct according to concurrent human leukocyte antigen class I expression. ..
- Xue X, Kim M, Wang T, Kuniholm M, Strickler H. A statistical method for studying correlated rare events and their risk factors. Stat Methods Med Res. 2017;26:1416-1428 pubmed publisher..Overall, the proposed method avoids model nonconvergence problems and provides a computationally simple, accurate, and powerful approach for the analysis of risk factor associations with rare/uncommon correlated binary events...
- Dalal A. Intestinal transplantation: The anesthesia perspective. Transplant Rev (Orlando). 2016;30:100-8 pubmed publisher..Asepsis, drug interactions between anesthetic and immunosuppressive agents and venous access are some of the anesthetic considerations for this group. ..
- Lunemann S, Martrus G, HÃ¶lzemer A, Chapel A, Ziegler M, KÃ¶rner C, et al. Sequence variations in HCV core-derived epitopes alter binding of KIR2DL3 to HLA-Câˆ—03:04 and modulate NK cell function. J Hepatol. 2016;65:252-8 pubmed publisher..Naturally occurring sequence mutations in the peptide alter these interactions making the inhibition less efficient. ..
- Litwin T, Clarke M, Dean M, Wentzensen N. Somatic Host Cell Alterations in HPV Carcinogenesis. Viruses. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..Somatic mutations may also influence prognosis and treatment decisions. ..
- Huang Y, Zou Y, Lin L, Zheng R. Ginsenoside Rg1 Activates Dendritic Cells and Acts as a Vaccine Adjuvant Inducing Protective Cellular Responses Against Lymphomas. DNA Cell Biol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Thus, Rg1 induced a potent vaccine adjuvant effect and elicited antitumor immunity that polarized a Th1 type immune response. Rg1 could have potential as a prophylactic vaccine adjuvant to control lymphomas...
- Spierings E, Brickner A, Caldwell J, Zegveld S, Tatsis N, Blokland E, et al. The minor histocompatibility antigen HA-3 arises from differential proteasome-mediated cleavage of the lymphoid blast crisis (Lbc) oncoprotein. Blood. 2003;102:621-9 pubmed..Thus, the immunogenicity of minor H antigens can result from proteasome-mediated destruction of the negative allelic peptide...
- Saraav I, Pandey K, Sharma M, Singh S, Dutta P, Bhardwaj A, et al. Predicting promiscuous antigenic T cell epitopes of Mycobacterium tuberculosis mymA operon proteins binding to MHC Class I and Class II molecules. Infect Genet Evol. 2016;44:182-9 pubmed publisher..These peptides can be further investigated for their immunological relevance in patients of tuberculosis using major histocompatibility complex tetramer approach. ..
- Kim T, Lee S, Moon J, Sunwoo J, Byun J, Lim J, et al. Anti-LGI1 encephalitis is associated with unique HLA subtypes. Ann Neurol. 2017;81:183-192 pubmed publisher..This finding suggests that most anti-LGI1 encephalitis develops in a population with specific HLA subtypes, providing insight into a novel disease mechanism. Ann Neurol 2017;81:183-192. ..
- Melief C, Kessler J. Novel insights into the HLA class I immunopeptidome and T-cell immunosurveillance. Genome Med. 2017;9:44 pubmed publisher..These findings have far-reaching implications for immunosurveillance by T cells and translational value for immunotherapy. ..
- Sullivan L, Walpole N, Farenc C, Pietra G, Sum M, Clements C, et al. A conserved energetic footprint underpins recognition of human leukocyte antigen-E by two distinct ?? T cell receptors. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:21149-21158 pubmed publisher..Hence, we provide new insights into how monomorphic MHC molecules interact with T cells. ..
- Lapaque N, Jahnke M, Trowsdale J, Kelly A. The HLA-DRalpha chain is modified by polyubiquitination. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:7007-16 pubmed publisher..In contrast, although lysine 219 is absolutely required for modification of DRalpha, other features of the DRalpha tail act to limit the extent of ubiquitination. ..
- Yang J, Lernmark Ã, Uusitalo U, Lynch K, Veijola R, Winkler C, et al. Prevalence of obesity was related to HLA-DQ in 2-4-year-old children at genetic risk for type 1 diabetes. Int J Obes (Lond). 2014;38:1491-6 pubmed publisher..41; 95% confidence interval, 1.21-4.80) after adjusting for the development of islet autoantibody and/or type 1 diabetes. The HLA-DQ2/2 genotype may predispose to obesity among 2-4-year-old children with genetic risk for type 1 diabetes. ..
- Arjmand F, Ghasemi N, Mirghanizadeh S, Samadi M. The balance of the immune system between HLA-G and NK cells in unexplained recurrent spontaneous abortion and polymorphisms analysis. Immunol Res. 2016;64:785-90 pubmed publisher..Meanwhile, the rs1736936 SNP do not predispose to RSA in the study population. ..
- Machulla H, Stein J, Gautsch A, Langner J, Schaller H, Reichert S. HLA-A, B, Cw, DRB1, DRB3/4/5, DQB1 in German patients suffering from rapidly progressive periodontitis (RPP) and adult periodontitis (AP). J Clin Periodontol. 2002;29:573-9 pubmed..Certain HLA alleles seem to be associated with susceptibility or resistance to periodontitis in general. However, before this knowledge can be used for differential diagnosis or prognosis, further investigations are necessary. ..
- Okada Y, Uno N, Sato S, Mori S, Sasaki D, Kaku N, et al. Strong influence of human leukocyte antigen-DP variants on response to hepatitis B vaccine in a Japanese population. Vaccine. 2017;35:5662-5665 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that rs9277535 and rs3077 in HLA-DP are the major determinants of response to hepatitis B vaccine, whereas rs2856718 and rs7453920 in HLA-DQ have little effect on the immune response to hepatitis B vaccine. ..
- Fang H, Shen S, Zheng X, Dang E, Zhang J, Shao S, et al. Association of HLA class I and class II alleles with bullous pemphigoid in Chinese Hans. J Dermatol Sci. 2018;89:258-262 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrated that the alleles and haplotypes found in this study may be important differential genetic markers for susceptibility to or protection against BP in individuals of northern Chinese Han population. ..
- Sugimoto Y, Kuzushita N, Takehara T, Kanto T, Tatsumi T, Miyagi T, et al. A single nucleotide polymorphism of the low molecular mass polypeptide 7 gene influences the interferon response in patients with chronic hepatitis C. J Viral Hepat. 2002;9:377-84 pubmed..9 (1.6-22); 82%vs 44%; P=0.0062]. These findings suggest that a single nucleotide polymorphism of LMP7 gene is one of the important host factors which independently influence the response to IFN in patients with chronic hepatitis C...
- Wang S, Li J, Chen X, Wang L, Liu W, Wu Y. Analyzing the effect of peptide-HLA-binding ability on the immunogenicity of potential CD8+ and CD4+ T cell epitopes in a large dataset. Immunol Res. 2016;64:908-18 pubmed publisher..We also provided the optimal affinity threshold for the potential CD4+ and CD8+ T cell epitopes. Our results provide important insights into the cellular immune response and the accurate prediction of T cell epitopes. ..
- Lachmann G, von Haefen C, Kurth J, Yuerek F, Wernecke K, Spies C. Smoking, Gender, and Overweight Are Important Influencing Factors on Monocytic HLA-DR before and after Major Cancer Surgery. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:5216562 pubmed publisher..Influencing factors of mHLA-DR such as age, overweight, diabetes, smoking, and gender remain unclear...
- Stojanovich L, Marisavljevic D, Rovensky J, Djokovich A, Kozáková D, Milinic N. Clinical and laboratory features of the catastrophic antiphospholipid syndrome. Clin Rev Allergy Immunol. 2009;36:74-9 pubmed publisher..Laboratory criteria for the classification of CAPS include the presence of antiphospholipid antibodies-LA and/or aCL and/or beta(2)-GPI antibodies. ..
- Trejaut J, Kennedy A, Hobart D, Le T, Greville W, Ng G, et al. PCR-RFLP typing detects new HLA-DRB1 alleles: DRB1*13022, DRB1*1336 and DRB1*1435. Eur J Immunogenet. 2001;28:441-7 pubmed..utilizing group-specific primers to amplify this group of alleles separately from the other HLA-DRB1, -DRB3, -DRB4 and -DRB5 alleles...
- Liu C, Chu C, Lee Y, Shi Y, Lin M. Identification of two novel HLA-DRB1 alleles, DRB1*0903 and DRB1*1145. Tissue Antigens. 2004;64:99-101 pubmed..Two complete exon 2 sequences of those new alleles had been deposited in the EMBL Sequence Database under accession number AY465114 and AY465115, respectively. ..
- Bernson E, Hallner A, Sander F, Wilsson O, Werlenius O, Rydstrom A, et al. Impact of killer-immunoglobulin-like receptor and human leukocyte antigen genotypes on the efficacy of immunotherapy in acute myeloid leukemia. Leukemia. 2017;31:2552-2559 pubmed publisher..These data imply that functional NK cells are significant anti-leukemic effector cells in patients with KIR/HLA genotypes that favor NK cell autoreactivity...
- Rossman M, Thompson B, Frederick M, Maliarik M, Iannuzzi M, Rybicki B, et al. HLA-DRB1*1101: a significant risk factor for sarcoidosis in blacks and whites. Am J Hum Genet. 2003;73:720-35 pubmed..we performed high-resolution typing for the HLA-DPB1, HLA-DQB1, HLA-DRB1, and HLA-DRB3 loci and the presence of the DRB4 or DRB5 locus, to define HLA class II associations with sarcoidosis...
- Revenfeld A, BÃ¦k R, JÃ¸rgensen M, Varming K, Stensballe A. Induction of a Regulatory Phenotype in CD3+ CD4+ HLA-DR+ T Cells after Allogeneic Mixed Lymphocyte Culture; Indications of Both Contact-Dependent and -Independent Activation. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..Yet heterogeneous, this vesicle phenotype displayed contact-dependent differences, providing clues about their intended function in cellular communication. ..
- Muşetescu A, Florea M, Fortofoiu M, Bumbea A, Tudorancea A, Criveanu C, et al. Streptococcal tonsillitis related reactive arthritis - clinical, ultrasound imaging and immunohistochemical study. Rom J Morphol Embryol. 2017;58:801-807 pubmed..The main objective of the current study was to evaluate various immunohistochemical patterns of streptococcal tonsillitis in patients with PSRA and find possible correlations with the clinical, biological and ultrasound profile...
- Yang L, Wang C, Li F, Zhang J, Nayab A, Wu J, et al. The human RNA-binding protein and E3 ligase MEX-3C binds the MEX-3-recognition element (MRE) motif with high affinity. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:16221-16234 pubmed publisher..The binding motif identified here will provide valuable information for future investigations of the functional pathways controlled by human MEX-3C and for predicting potential mRNAs regulated by this enzyme. ..
- Escher F, Kuhl U, Lassner D, Stroux A, Gross U, Westermann D, et al. High Perforin-Positive Cardiac Cell Infiltration and Male Sex Predict Adverse Long-Term Mortality in Patients With Inflammatory Cardiomyopathy. J Am Heart Assoc. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Furthermore, exact quantification of immunohistochemically detected infiltrates is necessary to assess the prognosis. ..
- Ramosaj Morina A, Keka Sylaj A, Hasbahta V, Baloku Zejnullahu A, Azemi M, Zunec R. Carpal spasm in a girl as initial presentation of celiac disease: a case report. J Med Case Rep. 2017;11:252 pubmed publisher..This should be evaluated even in the absence of gastrointestinal symptoms since hypocalcemia and its manifestation may present as initial symptoms of celiac disease even in young children. ..
- Shi X, Liu R, Xie X, Lv J, Han W, Zhong X, et al. Effect of human leukocyte antigen mismatching on the outcomes of pediatric kidney transplantation: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2017;32:1939-1948 pubmed publisher..Here, we address a controversial topic in pediatric kidney transplantation by performing a quantitative evaluation of the effect of human leukocyte antigen (HLA) mismatching on the outcomes of pediatric kidney transplantation...
- Gyllensten U, Sundvall M, Erlich H. Allelic diversity is generated by intraexon sequence exchange at the DRB1 locus of primates. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:3686-90 pubmed..Allelic polymorphism at the DRB1 locus may thus have been generated in part by combining different variants of the two structural domains. ..
- Mustafa A. HLA-restricted immune response to mycobacterial antigens: relevance to vaccine design. Hum Immunol. 2000;61:166-71 pubmed..products (serologically defined HLA-DR1 to HLA-DR10), the HLA molecules encoded by HLA-DRB3 (HLA-DR52) and HLA-DRB4 (HLA-DR53) are important in presentation of mycobacterial antigens and epitopes to T cells...
- Kamiguchi K, Torigoe T, Fujiwara O, Ohshima S, Hirohashi Y, Sahara H, et al. Disruption of the association of 73 kDa heat shock cognate protein with transporters associated with antigen processing (TAP) decreases TAP-dependent translocation of antigenic peptides into the endoplasmic reticulum. Microbiol Immunol. 2008;52:94-106 pubmed publisher
- Johnson W, Buyske S, Mars A, Sreenath M, Stenroos E, Williams T, et al. HLA-DR4 as a risk allele for autism acting in mothers of probands possibly during pregnancy. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2009;163:542-6 pubmed publisherTo test whether HLA-DR4 acts in the mother, possibly during pregnancy, to contribute to the phenotype of autistic disorder in her fetus. Transmission disequilibrium testing in case mothers and maternal grandparents...
- Gomez Tortosa E, Aguerri M, Sainz M, Losada M, Garcia Ruiz P, Cárdaba B. Visual hallucinations and HLA class II antigens in cortical dementia. Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord. 2010;30:8-11 pubmed publisher..No significant differences were found in the distribution of DR and DQ antigens. We conclude that hypothalamic vulnerability in different diseases is not mediated by a common HLA haplotype. ..
- Fallahi P, Katz R, Toma I, Li R, Reiner J, Vanhouten K, et al. Aspirin insensitive thrombophilia: transcript profiling of blood identifies platelet abnormalities and HLA restriction. Gene. 2013;520:131-8 pubmed publisher..There was a strong association of AR with expression of HLA-DRB4 and HLA-DQA1...
- Han D, Rodriguez Bravo V, Charytonowicz E, Demicco E, Domingo Domenech J, Maki R, et al. Targeting sarcoma tumor-initiating cells through differentiation therapy. Stem Cell Res. 2017;21:117-123 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings indicate down-regulated HLA-I is a shared feature of TICs in a variety of human sarcomas, and differentiation therapy strategies may specifically target undifferentiated TICs and inhibit tumor formation. ..
- Kim J, Yun S, Yu J, Yoon K, Lee K, Kil H, et al. A genome-wide association analysis identifies NMNAT2 and HCP5 as susceptibility loci for Kawasaki disease. J Hum Genet. 2017;62:1023-1029 pubmed publisher..76, P=5.46 × 10-6). These results provide new insights into the pathogenesis and pathophysiology of KD...
- Shah Hosseini A, Jafari M, Mohammadi A, Sanaei R, Alavian S, Doosti Irani A, et al. The impact of KIR-HLA genotype on hepatitis B virus clearance in Iranian infected individuals. Med Microbiol Immunol. 2017;206:463-470 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a potential impact of the NK cells' activating phenotype that leads to the HBV clearance in infected individuals. ..
- Ruutu T, Nihtinen A, Niittyvuopio R, Juvonen E, Volin L. A randomized study of cyclosporine and methotrexate with or without methylprednisolone for the prevention of graft-versus-host disease: Improved long-term survival with triple prophylaxis. Cancer. 2017;: pubmed publisher..All patients received cyclosporine and methotrexate. The cumulative incidence of acute GVHD was found to be significantly lower among the patients given MP...
- Mao X, Zhu F, Pan Z, Wu G, Zhu H. Revisiting the structural basis and energetic landscape of susceptibility difference between HLA isotypes to allergic rhinitis. Comput Biol Chem. 2016;64:210-216 pubmed publisher..Thus, the HLA-DR isotype, rather than HLA-DP and -DQ, is expected to associate with the pathological process of AR. ..
- Heinemann A, Pirr S, Fehlhaber B, Mellinger L, Burgmann J, Busse M, et al. In neonates S100A8/S100A9 alarmins prevent the expansion of a specific inflammatory monocyte population promoting septic shock. FASEB J. 2017;31:1153-1164 pubmed publisher..von Köckritz-Blickwede, M., Ulas, T., von Kaisenberg, C. S., Roth, J., Vogl, T., Viemann, D. In neonates S100A8/S100A9 alarmins prevent the expansion of a specific inflammatory monocyte population promoting septic shock. ..
- Poe A, Tang L, Wang B, Li Y, Sapar M, Han C. Dendritic space-filling requires a neuronal type-specific extracellular permissive signal in Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:E8062-E8071 pubmed publisher..Together, our data reveal an HSPG-dependent pathway that specifically allows dendrites of space-filling neurons to innervate all target tissues in Drosophila. ..
- Laforet M, Urlacher A, Tongio M. A new HLA DR16 allele (DRB1*1604) with a short DR8 sequence. Tissue Antigens. 1994;43:257-60 pubmed
- Cheung N, Hsu K. Genotyping Natural Killer Immune Checkpoints to Discover Biomarkers of Response. Clin Cancer Res. 2018;24:3-5 pubmed publisher..Both KIR and HLA genetic profiles are potential biomarkers of immunotherapy outcome. Clin Cancer Res; 24(1); 3-5. Â©2017 AACRSee related article by Erbe et al., p. 189. ..
- Tatsumi T, Kierstead L, Ranieri E, Gesualdo L, Schena F, Finke J, et al. MAGE-6 encodes HLA-DRbeta1*0401-presented epitopes recognized by CD4+ T cells from patients with melanoma or renal cell carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2003;9:947-54 pubmed..We have combined the use of a HLA-DR4/peptide binding algorithm with the IFN-gamma enzyme-linked immunospot assay to identify four nonoverlapping ..