Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HLA-DR
Description: major histocompatibility complex, class II, DR alpha
Alias: HLA-DRA1, HLA class II histocompatibility antigen, DR alpha chain, MHC class II antigen DRA, histocompatibility antigen HLA-DR alpha
Publications202 found, 100 shown here
- Jardetzky T, Brown J, Gorga J, Stern L, Urban R, Chi Y, et al. Three-dimensional structure of a human class II histocompatibility molecule complexed with superantigen. Nature. 1994;368:711-8 pubmed
- Guo Y, Deng X, Zheng W, Xu H, Song Z, Liang H, et al. HLA rs3129882 variant in Chinese Han patients with late-onset sporadic Parkinson disease. Neurosci Lett. 2011;501:185-7 pubmed publisher..446, p=0.040 for genotypic distribution; ?²=5.762, p=0.016 for allele distribution), suggesting this variant is associated with late-onset sporadic PD in Chinese Han population. ..
- Fanales Belasio E, Moretti S, Nappi F, Barillari G, Micheletti F, Cafaro A, et al. Native HIV-1 Tat protein targets monocyte-derived dendritic cells and enhances their maturation, function, and antigen-specific T cell responses. J Immunol. 2002;168:197-206 pubmed..Thus, Tat can act as both Ag and adjuvant, capable of driving T cell-mediated immune responses. ..
- Hafler D, Compston A, Sawcer S, Lander E, Daly M, De Jager P, et al. Risk alleles for multiple sclerosis identified by a genomewide study. N Engl J Med. 2007;357:851-62 pubmed..94x10(-7)) and multiple SNPs in the HLA-DRA locus (P=8.94x10(-81)). Alleles of IL2RA and IL7RA and those in the HLA locus are identified as heritable risk factors for multiple sclerosis. ..
- Ghosh P, Amaya M, Mellins E, Wiley D. The structure of an intermediate in class II MHC maturation: CLIP bound to HLA-DR3. Nature. 1995;378:457-62 pubmed..The structure is the substrate for the loading of antigenic peptides by an exchange process catalysed by DM. ..
- Stern L, Brown J, Jardetzky T, Gorga J, Urban R, Strominger J, et al. Crystal structure of the human class II MHC protein HLA-DR1 complexed with an influenza virus peptide. Nature. 1994;368:215-21 pubmed..Twelve hydrogen bonds between conserved HLA-DR1 residues and the main chain of the peptide provide a universal mode of peptide binding, distinct from the strategy used by class I histocompatibility proteins. ..
- Dessen A, Lawrence C, Cupo S, Zaller D, Wiley D. X-ray crystal structure of HLA-DR4 (DRA*0101, DRB1*0401) complexed with a peptide from human collagen II. Immunity. 1997;7:473-81 pubmed..A model is proposed for the DR4 recognition of collagen II (261-273), an antigen immunodominant in human-transgenic mouse models of RA. ..
- Hamza T, Zabetian C, Tenesa A, Laederach A, Montimurro J, Yearout D, et al. Common genetic variation in the HLA region is associated with late-onset sporadic Parkinson's disease. Nat Genet. 2010;42:781-5 pubmed publisher..The genetic association with HLA supports the involvement of the immune system in Parkinson's disease and offers new targets for drug development. ..
- Parlato M, Philippart F, Rouquette A, Moucadel V, Puchois V, Blein S, et al. Circulating biomarkers may be unable to detect infection at the early phase of sepsis in ICU patients: the CAPTAIN prospective multicenter cohort study. Intensive Care Med. 2018;44:1061-1070 pubmed publisher..76 [0.68-0.84]). The circulating biomarkers tested were found to discriminate poorly between sepsis and non-septic SIRS, and no combination performed better than CRP alone. ..
- Han S, Yang H, Han Y, Zhang H. Genes and transcription factors related to the adverse effects of maternal type I diabetes mellitus on fetal development. Mol Cell Probes. 2019;43:64-71 pubmed publisher..Some genes (e.g. CXCL12 and CCL5) and their TFs were significantly and abnormally regulated in the umbilical cord tissue from the pregnancies of T1DM mothers compared to that from non-T1DM mothers. ..
- Larhammar D, Gustafsson K, Claesson L, Bill P, Wiman K, Schenning L, et al. Alpha chain of HLA-DR transplantation antigens is a member of the same protein superfamily as the immunoglobulins. Cell. 1982;30:153-61 pubmed..Thus the subunits of immunoglobulins, class I antigens and class II antigens are related evolutionarily. ..
- Casement K, Nehete P, Arlinghaus R, Sastry K. Cross-reactive cytotoxic T lymphocytes induced by V3 loop synthetic peptides from different strains of human immunodeficiency virus type 1. Virology. 1995;211:261-7 pubmed
- Gorlova O, Martin J, Rueda B, Koeleman B, Ying J, Teruel M, et al. Identification of novel genetic markers associated with clinical phenotypes of systemic sclerosis through a genome-wide association strategy. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002178 pubmed publisher..Within the HLA region, HLA-DQB1, HLA-DPA1/B1, and NOTCH4 associations with SSc are likely confined to specific auto-antibodies. These data emphasize the differential genetic components of subphenotypes of SSc. ..
- Pitrak D, Novak R, Estes R, Tschampa J, Abaya C, Martinson J, et al. Short communication: Apoptosis pathways in HIV-1-infected patients before and after highly active antiretroviral therapy: relevance to immune recovery. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2015;31:208-16 pubmed publisher..66, p=0.038). This suggests that positive selection of naive CD4(+) T cells in the thymus is the major determinant of CD4(+) recovery. ..
- Maeda K, Ma X, Hanley F, Riemer R. Modeling Impaired Coaptation Effects on Mitral Leaflet Homeostasis Using a Flow-Culture Bioreactor. Ann Thorac Surg. 2019;107:512-518 pubmed publisher..Coaptive strain regulation of MV leaflet homeostasis implicates altered strain as a mechanism potentially initiating valve disease. Early repair may prevent progression of disease driven by altered coaptation. ..
- Poon D, Coren L, Ott D. Efficient incorporation of HLA class II onto human immunodeficiency virus type 1 requires envelope glycoprotein packaging. J Virol. 2000;74:3918-23 pubmed..These data show that HIV-1 actively incorporates HLA class II proteins in a process that, either directly or indirectly, requires Env. ..
- Timmermans K, Kox M, Vaneker M, van den Berg M, John A, van Laarhoven A, et al. Plasma levels of danger-associated molecular patterns are associated with immune suppression in trauma patients. Intensive Care Med. 2016;42:551-561 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, aggravated immune suppression during the initial phase following trauma is associated with increased susceptibility towards infections. ..
- Crookenden M, Heiser A, Murray A, Dukkipati V, Kay J, Loor J, et al. Parturition in dairy cows temporarily alters the expression of genes in circulating neutrophils. J Dairy Sci. 2016;99:6470-6483 pubmed publisher..This altered function may predispose cows to disease over the transition period and is likely to be a natural change in function due to parturition. ..
- Fernando R, Mazzotti D, Azevedo H, Sandes A, Rizzatti E, de Oliveira M, et al. Transcriptome Analysis of Mesenchymal Stem Cells from Multiple Myeloma Patients Reveals Downregulation of Genes Involved in Cell Cycle Progression, Immune Response, and Bone Metabolism. Sci Rep. 2019;9:1056 pubmed publisher
- Korman A, Auffray C, Schamboeck A, Strominger J. The amino acid sequence and gene organization of the heavy chain of the HLA-DR antigen: homology to immunoglobulins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1982;79:6013-7 pubmed..The third is the amino-terminal polymorphic domain in the light chain (beta 1), and the fourth is an invariant domain in the heavy chain (alpha 1). ..
- Matoba K, Iizuka N, Gondo T, Ishihara T, Yamada Okabe H, Tamesa T, et al. Tumor HLA-DR expression linked to early intrahepatic recurrence of hepatocellular carcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2005;115:231-40 pubmed..Multivariate analysis showed that tumor HLA-DR protein expression was one of the independent risk factors for early IHR, suggesting HLA-DR protein potential as a biomarker and a molecular target for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Gahery H, Figueiredo S, Texier C, Pouvelle Moratille S, Ourth L, Igea C, et al. HLA-DR-restricted peptides identified in the Nef protein can induce HIV type 1-specific IL-2/IFN-gamma-secreting CD4+ and CD4+ /CD8+ T cells in humans after lipopeptide vaccination. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2007;23:427-37 pubmed..took advantage of healthy volunteers immunized with an HIV-1 lipopeptide vaccine that contains three of the four HLA DR-restricted regions to investigate their capacities to stimulate T cells...
- Yang X, Sun J, Gao Y, Tan A, Zhang H, Hu Y, et al. Genome-wide association study for serum complement C3 and C4 levels in healthy Chinese subjects. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002916 pubmed publisher..Our study is the first GWAS report which shows genetic components influence the levels of complement C3 and C4. Our significant findings provide novel insights of their related autoimmune, infectious diseases, and molecular mechanisms...
- Qin A, Cai W, Pan T, Wu K, Yang Q, Wang N, et al. Expansion of monocytic myeloid-derived suppressor cells dampens T cell function in HIV-1-seropositive individuals. J Virol. 2013;87:1477-90 pubmed publisher..In summary, our studies revealed a novel mechanism of T cell dysfunction in HIV-1-infected individuals and suggested that targeting MDSCs may be a promising strategy for HIV-1 immunotherapy...
- Blanco C, Sánchez García F, Torres Galván M, Dumpierrez A, Almeida L, Figueroa J, et al. Genetic basis of the latex-fruit syndrome: association with HLA class II alleles in a Spanish population. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2004;114:1070-6 pubmed..Latex-fruit allergy is associated with HLA-DQB1 *0201, DRB1 *0301, and *0901, as well as with HLA-DR functional group E, whereas latex-not-fruit allergy is associated with DQB1 *0202, and with both DRB1 *0701 and *1101 alleles. ..
- Cui J, Taylor K, Destefano A, Criswell L, Izmailova E, Parker A, et al. Genome-wide association study of determinants of anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibody titer in adults with rheumatoid arthritis. Mol Med. 2009;15:136-43 pubmed publisher..We identified a SNP in moderate linkage disequilibrium (LD) with HLA-DR3, which may influence anti-CCP titer independently of the HLA-SE. ..
- Karnes J, Cronin R, Rollin J, Teumer A, Pouplard C, Shaffer C, et al. A genome-wide association study of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia using an electronic medical record. Thromb Haemost. 2015;113:772-81 pubmed publisher..02). In the candidate gene study, SNPs at HLA-DRA were nominally associated with HIT (OR 0.25; 0.15-0.44; p=2.06Ã—10(-6)). Further study of TDAG8 and HLA-DRA SNPs is warranted to assess their influence on the risk of developing HIT. ..
- Beaulieu Y, Leon Machado J, Ethier S, Gaudreau L, Steimle V. Degradation, Promoter Recruitment and Transactivation Mediated by the Extreme N-Terminus of MHC Class II Transactivator CIITA Isoform III. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0148753 pubmed publisher..These experiments reveal a novel function of free N-terminal ends of proteins in degradation-dependent transcriptional activation. ..
- Chen Y, Bock G, Vornhagen R, Steindl F, Katinger H, Dierich M. HIV-1 gp41 binding proteins and antibodies to gp41 could inhibit enhancement of human Raji cell MHC class I and II expression by gp41. Mol Immunol. 1994;31:977-82 pubmed
- Hammond C, Denzin L, Pan M, Griffith J, Geuze H, Cresswell P. The tetraspan protein CD82 is a resident of MHC class II compartments where it associates with HLA-DR, -DM, and -DO molecules. J Immunol. 1998;161:3282-91 pubmed..The ability of CD82 and CD63 to form complexes with class II, DM, and DO in MIICs suggests that the tetraspan proteins may play an important role in the late stages of MHC class II maturation. ..
- Yin Z, Raj D, Saiepour N, Van Dam D, Brouwer N, Holtman I, et al. Immune hyperreactivity of A? plaque-associated microglia in Alzheimer's disease. Neurobiol Aging. 2017;55:115-122 pubmed publisher..We suggest that A? plaque-associated microglia are the primary source of neuroinflammation related to AD pathology. ..
- Shin J, Choi S, Choi D, An Y, Seo J, Choi J, et al. Differential Gene Expression by RNA-Seq Analysis of the Primo Vessel in the Rabbit Lymph. J Acupunct Meridian Stud. 2019;12:11-19 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the selected genes could be used for the specific marker to construct primo connectome of circuit system in the rabbit. ..
- Callahan K, Fort M, Obah E, Reinherz E, Siliciano R. Genetic variability in HIV-1 gp120 affects interactions with HLA molecules and T cell receptor. J Immunol. 1990;144:3341-6 pubmed..Thus it is encouraging to note that the range of natural sequence variation in this T cell epitope falls, for the most part, within the range of peptide sequences that can be accommodated by the relevant human MHC molecule. ..
- Tjernlund U, Scheynius A, Johansson C, Hagforsen E, Nilsson H. T-cell response to purified protein derivative after removal of Langerhans' cells from epidermal cell suspensions containing keratinocytes expressing class II transplantation antigens. Scand J Immunol. 1988;28:667-73 pubmed..This study does not support the hypothesis that HLA-DR-expressing keratinocytes can in themselves act as antigen-presenting cells. ..
- Vargas Alarcon G, Londoño J, Hernandez Pacheco G, Pacheco Tena C, Castillo E, Cardiel M, et al. Effect of HLA-B and HLA-DR genes on susceptibility to and severity of spondyloarthropathies in Mexican patients. Ann Rheum Dis. 2002;61:714-7 pubmed..HLA-B27 is associated with younger age at onset and increased disease severity and HLA-DR1 with older age at onset. The strength of HLA-B15, HLA-B27, and HLA-DR1 associations varied in different forms of SpA. ..
- Csillag A, Boldogh I, Pazmandi K, Magyarics Z, Gogolak P, Sur S, et al. Pollen-induced oxidative stress influences both innate and adaptive immune responses via altering dendritic cell functions. J Immunol. 2010;184:2377-85 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data show that pollen exposure-induced oxidative stress may contribute to local innate immunity and participate in the initiation of adaptive immune responses to pollen Ags. ..
- Tian T, Gu X, Zhang B, Liu Y, Yuan C, Shao L, et al. Increased circulating CD14(+)HLA-DR-/low myeloid-derived suppressor cells are associated with poor prognosis in patients with small-cell lung cancer. Cancer Biomark. 2015;15:425-32 pubmed publisher..The frequency of CD14(+)HLA-DR-/low MDSCs could be considered as a poor prognostic predictor in SCLC and the elimination of MDSCs during medical interventions may improve the prognosis of SCLC patients. ..
- Chung N, Matthews K, Klasse P, Sanders R, Moore J. HIV-1 gp120 impairs the induction of B cell responses by TLR9-activated plasmacytoid dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2012;189:5257-65 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data show that HIV-1 gp120 impairs pDC functions, including activation of B cell responses, and imply that TLR9 ligands may not be good adjuvants to use in combination with envelope glycoprotein vaccines. ..
- Tu W, Liu Y, Shen Y, Yan Y, Wang X, Yang D, et al. Genome-wide Loci linked to non-obstructive azoospermia susceptibility may be independent of reduced sperm production in males with normozoospermia. Biol Reprod. 2015;92:41 pubmed publisher..These findings may advance our understanding of the role of the NOA susceptibility loci, although the results need to be confirmed in larger samples. ..
- Ullrich H, Doring K, Gruneberg U, Jähnig F, Trowsdale J, van Ham S. Interaction between HLA-DM and HLA-DR involves regions that undergo conformational changes at lysosomal pH. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:13163-8 pubmed..The data support a release mechanism of DM from the DM-DR complex through reduction of the interactive surface, upon binding of class II molecules with antigenic peptide or upon neutralization of the DM-DR complex at the cell surface. ..
- Arndt S, Vogt A, Markovic Plese S, Martin R, Moldenhauer G, Wolpl A, et al. Functional HLA-DM on the surface of B cells and immature dendritic cells. EMBO J. 2000;19:1241-51 pubmed..Thus, this novel concept of functional DM on the surface may be relevant to both protective immune responses and autoimmunity. ..
- Gluschankof P, Suzan M. HIV-1 gag polyprotein rescues HLA-DR intracellular transport in a human CD4+ cell line. Virology. 2002;300:160-9 pubmed..Moreover, in a specific cell type as H78-C10.0 this interaction can even reverse intracellular transport defects. ..
- Wubbolts R, Leckie R, Veenhuizen P, Schwarzmann G, Mobius W, Hoernschemeyer J, et al. Proteomic and biochemical analyses of human B cell-derived exosomes. Potential implications for their function and multivesicular body formation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:10963-72 pubmed
- McKinnon E, Morahan G, Nolan D, James I. Association of MHC SNP genotype with susceptibility to type 1 diabetes: a modified survival approach. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2009;11 Suppl 1:92-100 pubmed publisher..While many of the associations can be attributed to LD between the SNPs and the dominant HLA-DRB/DQA/DQB loci, there is also evidence of additional modifying effects. ..
- Festen E, Stokkers P, van Diemen C, van Bodegraven A, Boezen H, Crusius B, et al. Genetic analysis in a Dutch study sample identifies more ulcerative colitis susceptibility loci and shows their additive role in disease risk. Am J Gastroenterol. 2010;105:395-402 pubmed publisher..Genetic models show that multiple risk loci in an individual increase the risk for developing UC. ..
- Gan S, Ye B, Qian S, Zhang C, Mao J, Li K, et al. Immune- and ribosome-related genes were associated with systemic vasculitis. Scand J Immunol. 2015;81:96-101 pubmed publisher..The immune-related pathways, ribosome pathway, immune-related genes including (HLA-DRB1, HLA-DPA1, HLA-DPB1, HLA-DOA and HLA-DRA) and ribosome-related genes (RPL31, RPS3A and RPL9) might be involved in systemic vasculitis. ..
- Yokoyama J, Wang Y, Schork A, Thompson W, Karch C, Cruchaga C, et al. Association Between Genetic Traits for Immune-Mediated Diseases and Alzheimer Disease. JAMA Neurol. 2016;73:691-7 pubmed publisher..096 [0.013]; P = 7.57 × 10-13). Our findings demonstrate genetic overlap between AD and immune-mediated diseases and suggest that immune system processes influence AD pathogenesis and progression. ..
- Hadjigeorgiou G, Kountra P, Koutsis G, Tsimourtou V, Siokas V, Dardioti M, et al. Replication study of GWAS risk loci in Greek multiple sclerosis patients. Neurol Sci. 2019;40:253-260 pubmed publisher..The current study replicated a number of GWAS susceptibility SNPs, which implies that some similarities between the examined Greek population and the MS genetic architecture of the GWAS populations do exist. ..
- Lockett S, Robertson J, Brettle R, Yap P, Middleton D, Leigh Brown A. Mismatched human leukocyte antigen alleles protect against heterosexual HIV transmission. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2001;27:277-80 pubmed..Analysis of the frequencies of specific alleles at the A, B, and DR loci revealed a significantly higher frequency of HLA DR5 among exposed uninfected individuals, relative to population controls. ..
- Kang S, Cresswell P. Regulation of intracellular trafficking of human CD1d by association with MHC class II molecules. EMBO J. 2002;21:1650-60 pubmed..These data suggest that the intracellular trafficking pathway of CD1d may be altered by class II molecules and invariant chain induced during inflammation. ..
- Franke A, Balschun T, Karlsen T, Sventoraityte J, Nikolaus S, Mayr G, et al. Sequence variants in IL10, ARPC2 and multiple other loci contribute to ulcerative colitis susceptibility. Nat Genet. 2008;40:1319-23 pubmed publisher..17 (1.01-1.34)). IL10 is an immunosuppressive cytokine that has long been proposed to influence IBD pathophysiology. Our findings strongly suggest that defective IL10 function is central to the pathogenesis of the UC subtype of IBD. ..
- Vermeulen B, Hogen Esch C, Yuksel Z, Koning F, Verduijn W, Doxiadis I, et al. Phenotypic variance in childhood coeliac disease and the HLA-DQ/DR dose effect. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2009;44:40-5 pubmed publisher..No correlation was found between disease severity and a double HLA-DQ2 gene dose. ..
- Schetter A, Nguyen G, Bowman E, MathÃ© E, Yuen S, Hawkes J, et al. Association of inflammation-related and microRNA gene expression with cancer-specific mortality of colon adenocarcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:5878-87 pubmed publisher..IRS and miR-21 expression are independent predictors of colon cancer prognosis and may provide a clinically useful tool to identify high-risk patients. ..
- Lu Z, Li J, Feng Z, Ren J. [Association of HLA-DR4, PAD4, and STAT4 expression in the peripheral blood with disease activity in patients with rheumatoid arthritis]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2010;30:1349-53 pubmed..The expressions of PAD4 and STAT4, but not HLA-DR4, are closely related to the disease activity of RA. Detection of peripheral blood PAD4 and STAT4 expressions can be helpful for evaluating the disease activity of RA. ..
- Zheng W, Rao S. Knowledge-based analysis of genetic associations of rheumatoid arthritis to inform studies searching for pleiotropic genes: a literature review and network analysis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2015;17:202 pubmed publisher..Our results ascertained the shared genetic risk profiles that predisposed individuals to RA and other diseases, which could have implications for identification of molecular targets for drug development, and classification of diseases. ..
- Awosika O, Oussedik E. Genetic Predisposition to Rosacea. Dermatol Clin. 2018;36:87-92 pubmed publisher..Additional associations with HLA alleles and immune-mediated disorders support the role of immune-regulating genes and innate and adaptive immunity in rosacea. ..
- Ruiz del Prado M, Olivares López J, Lázaro Almarza A, Lasierra Díaz M. [Two loci HLA haplotypes in celiac children. Linkage imbalance and haplotype frequencies. Comparative study with a control population]. An Esp Pediatr. 2001;54:7-12 pubmed..and the frequencies of the two loci haplotypes: HLA A/B, A/C, A/DR, A/DQ; HLA B/C, B/DR, B/DQ; HLA C/DR, C/DQ and HLA DR/DQ in children with celiac disease and in a control population within the same geographical area...
- Chirmule N, Wang X, Hu R, Oyaizu N, Roifman C, Pahwa R, et al. Envelope glycoproteins of HIV-1 interfere with T-cell-dependent B cell differentiation: role of CD4-MHC class II interaction in the effector phase of T cell help. Cell Immunol. 1994;155:169-82 pubmed..Furthermore, these latter reactions occur subsequent to T-B cell contact-dependent interactions at the effector phase, which involve MHC class II molecules on B cells and CD4 molecules on T cells. ..
- Kralovicova J, Marsh S, Waller M, Hammarstrom L, Vorechovsky I. The HLA-DRA*0102 allele: correct nucleotide sequence and associated HLA haplotypes. Tissue Antigens. 2002;60:266-7 pubmed..The HLA-DRA*0101 allele coding for valine 217 was observed on the haplotypes HLA-B*5701, DRB1*0701, DQB1*03032 (AH57.1), HLA-DRB1*04011, DQB1*0302, HLA-DRB1*0701, DQB1*0202, and HLA-DRB1*0101, DQB1*05011. ..
- Muczynski K, Ekle D, Coder D, Anderson S. Normal human kidney HLA-DR-expressing renal microvascular endothelial cells: characterization, isolation, and regulation of MHC class II expression. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2003;14:1336-48 pubmed..Therefore, the constitutive expression of HLA-DR on RMEC in normal human kidney is located in a position for immune surveillance, depends on basal physiologic concentrations of gammaIFN, and may be amenable to regulation with statins. ..
- Donmez B, Ozakbas S, Oktem M, Gedizlioglu M, Coker I, Genc A, et al. HLA genotypes in Turkish patients with myasthenia gravis: comparison with multiple sclerosis patients on the basis of clinical subtypes and demographic features. Hum Immunol. 2004;65:752-7 pubmed..Further investigations with a larger population are required to explain this finding. ..
- Urayama K, Jarrett R, Hjalgrim H, Diepstra A, Kamatani Y, Chabrier A, et al. Genome-wide association study of classical Hodgkin lymphoma and Epstein-Barr virus status-defined subgroups. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2012;104:240-53 pubmed publisher..Accumulating evidence suggests that risk factors for classical Hodgkin lymphoma (cHL) differ by tumor Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) status. This potential etiological heterogeneity is not recognized in current disease classification...
- GuÃ©ant J, Romano A, Cornejo Garcia J, Oussalah A, Chery C, Blanca LÃ³pez N, et al. HLA-DRA variants predict penicillin allergy in genome-wide fine-mapping genotyping. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2015;135:253-9 pubmed publisher..These data suggest complex gene-environment interactions in which genetic susceptibility of HLA type 2 antigen presentation plays a central role. ..
- Jiang X, KÃ¤llberg H, Chen Z, Ã„rlestig L, RantapÃ¤Ã¤ Dahlqvist S, Davila S, et al. An Immunochip-based interaction study of contrasting interaction effects with smoking in ACPA-positive versus ACPA-negative rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2016;55:149-55 pubmed publisher..Notably, variants in HLA-DRB1 and those in additional genes within the MHC class II region, but not in any other gene regions, showed interaction with smoking. ..
- Minchenko O, Tsymbal D, Minchenko D, Prylutska S, Hnatiuk O, Prylutskyy Y, et al. Single-walled carbon nanotubes affect the expression of genes associated with immune response in normal human astrocytes. Toxicol In Vitro. 2018;52:122-130 pubmed publisher..Deregulation of lamin B1 expression indicates the possibility of alterations in genome stability following treatment of astrocytes with SWCNTs. Thus, more caution is needed in biomedical application of SWCNTs. ..
- Holling T, van der Stoep N, Quinten E, van den Elsen P. Activated human T cells accomplish MHC class II expression through T cell-specific occupation of class II transactivator promoter III. J Immunol. 2002;168:763-70 pubmed
- Buschow S, van Balkom B, Aalberts M, Heck A, Wauben M, Stoorvogel W. MHC class II-associated proteins in B-cell exosomes and potential functional implications for exosome biogenesis. Immunol Cell Biol. 2010;88:851-6 pubmed publisher..These include HSC71, HSP90, 14-3-3?, CD20 and pyruvate kinase type M2 (PKM2), and we speculate on the functionality of their interaction with exosomal MHC II. ..
- Lasky Su J, Himes B, Raby B, Klanderman B, Sylvia J, Lange C, et al. HLA-DQ strikes again: genome-wide association study further confirms HLA-DQ in the diagnosis of asthma among adults. Clin Exp Allergy. 2012;42:1724-33 pubmed publisher..HLA-DQA1 is the fourth member of the HLA family found to be associated with asthma, in addition to the previously identified HLA-DRA, HLA-DQB1 and HLA-DQA2. ..
- Mero I, Gustavsen M, SÃ¦ther H, FlÃ¥m S, Berg Hansen P, SÃ¸ndergaard H, et al. Oligoclonal band status in Scandinavian multiple sclerosis patients is associated with specific genetic risk alleles. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58352 pubmed publisher..This suggests differences in disease mechanisms between OCB negative and OCB positive MS with implications for patient management, which need to be further studied. ..
- Piatier Tonneau D, Gastinel L, Amblard F, Wojcik M, Vaigot P, Auffray C. Interaction of CD4 with HLA class II antigens and HIV gp120. Immunogenetics. 1991;34:121-8 pubmed
- Chirmule N, McCloskey T, Hu R, Kalyanaraman V, Pahwa S. HIV gp120 inhibits T cell activation by interfering with expression of costimulatory molecules CD40 ligand and CD80 (B71). J Immunol. 1995;155:917-24 pubmed
- Ma Z, Liu T, Bo Y. HLA-DRA rs3129882 A/G polymorphism was not a risk factor for Parkinson's disease in Chinese-based populations: a meta-analysis. Int J Neurosci. 2015;125:241-6 pubmed publisher..The results of this meta-analysis suggest that HLA-DRA rs3129882 A/G polymorphism was not responsible for PD in Chinese-based populations. ..
- Wake C, Long E, Strubin M, Gross N, Accolla R, Carrel S, et al. Isolation of cDNA clones encoding HLA-DR alpha chains. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1982;79:6979-83 pubmed..Finally, the results of analysis of genomic DNA by Southern blotting are compatible with the existence of a single nonpolymorphic alpha chain gene and indicate extensive cross-hybridization with a homologous gene in mouse DNA. ..
- van Ham S, Gruneberg U, Malcherek G, Broker I, Melms A, Trowsdale J. Human histocompatibility leukocyte antigen (HLA)-DM edits peptides presented by HLA-DR according to their ligand binding motifs. J Exp Med. 1996;184:2019-24 pubmed..Thus, HLA-DM acts as a peptide editor, facilitating selection of peptides that stably bind to class II molecules for eventual presentation to the immune system from the pool of available peptides. ..
- Gelbmann C, Rogler G, Gierend M, Gross V, Scholmerich J, Andus T. Association of HLA-DR genotypes and IL-1ra gene polymorphism with treatment failure of budesonide and disease patterns in Crohn's disease. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2001;13:1431-7 pubmed..This is the first description of an association of a certain HLA-DR genotype (HLA-DR 8) with treatment failure in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). ..
- Shen C, She J. [Human leukocyte antigen genes to genetic predisposition in diffuse panbronchiolitis]. Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi. 2008;31:272-6 pubmed..The candidate genes responsible for the disease susceptibility of DPB is located within HLA class I region between A and B loci. HLA-A2 may be a genetic factor for the relatively low incidence of DPB in the Chinese population. ..
- Raposo G, Moore M, Innes D, Leijendekker R, Leigh Brown A, Benaroch P, et al. Human macrophages accumulate HIV-1 particles in MHC II compartments. Traffic. 2002;3:718-29 pubmed..Our observations also suggest direct fusion of the virus containing major histocompatibility complex class II compartment with the plasma membrane, leading to massive release of viral particles into the extracellular medium. ..
- Wolin A, Lahtela E, Anttila V, Petrek M, Grunewald J, van Moorsel C, et al. SNP Variants in Major Histocompatibility Complex Are Associated with Sarcoidosis Susceptibility-A Joint Analysis in Four European Populations. Front Immunol. 2017;8:422 pubmed publisher..g., not due to LD) and shared across ancestral origins. The variants that were independent of HLA-DRB1 associations acted as eQTL for HLA-DRB1 and/or -DRB5, suggesting a role in regulating gene expression. ..
- Riberdy J, Newcomb J, Surman M, Barbosa J, Cresswell P. HLA-DR molecules from an antigen-processing mutant cell line are associated with invariant chain peptides. Nature. 1992;360:474-7 pubmed..Addition of synthetic CLIP inhibits the loading process, indicating that CLIP may define the region of the invariant chain responsible for obstructing the class II binding site. ..
- Abdulkadir S, Krishna S, Thanos D, Maniatis T, Strominger J, Ono S. Functional roles of the transcription factor Oct-2A and the high mobility group protein I/Y in HLA-DRA gene expression. J Exp Med. 1995;182:487-500 pubmed..We conclude that distinct sets of transcription factors are involved in the two modes of HLA-DRA expression, and that HMG I/Y may be important for B cell-specific expression, and is essential for IFN-gamma induction. ..
- Marroni F, Curcio M, Fornaciari S, Lapi S, Mariotti M, Scatena F, et al. Microgeographic variation of HLA-A, -B, and -DR haplotype frequencies in Tuscany, Italy: implications for recruitment of bone marrow donors. Tissue Antigens. 2004;64:478-85 pubmed..Knowledge of the genetic structure of the population at a microgeographic level may be useful in directing the search of specific bone marrow donors. ..
- Sun Z, Jha H, Pei Y, Robertson E. Major Histocompatibility Complex Class II HLA-DR? Is Downregulated by Kaposi's Sarcoma-Associated Herpesvirus-Encoded Lytic Transactivator RTA and MARCH8. J Virol. 2016;90:8047-58 pubmed publisher..Increased MARCH8 results in the downregulation of HLA-DR?. Furthermore, we also demonstrate that expression of HLA-DR? was impaired in KSHV de novo infection. ..
- Petersson K, Håkansson M, Nilsson H, Forsberg G, Svensson L, Liljas A, et al. Crystal structure of a superantigen bound to MHC class II displays zinc and peptide dependence. EMBO J. 2001;20:3306-12 pubmed..This suggests a new model for ternary complex formation with the T-cell receptor (TCR), in which a contact between the TCR and the MHC class II is unlikely. ..
- Cappellesso S, Valentin J, Giraudeau B, Boulanger M, Al Najjar A, Buchler M, et al. Association of donor TNFRSF6 (FAS) gene polymorphism with acute rejection in renal transplant patients: a case-control study. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2004;19:439-43 pubmed..1). This study suggests that donor TNFRSF6 polymorphism directly or indirectly influences acute kidney rejection episodes. ..
- Xu Z, Nayak D, Benshoff N, Hachem R, Gelman A, Mohanakumar T. De novo-developed antibodies to donor MHC antigens lead to dysregulation of microRNAs and induction of MHC class II. J Immunol. 2015;194:6133-43 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results demonstrated that miRNAs induced by alloimmunity may play important roles in chronic rejection after LTx. ..