Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HLA-DOA
Description: major histocompatibility complex, class II, DO alpha
Alias: HLA-DNA, HLA-DZA, HLADZ, HLA class II histocompatibility antigen, DO alpha chain, HLA-D0-alpha, MHC DN-alpha, MHC DZ alpha, MHC class II antigen DOA, lymphocyte antigen, major histocompatibility complex, class II, DN alpha
Publications130 found, 100 shown here
- Garcia Martin A, Garrido Rodríguez M, Navarrete C, Del Rio C, Bellido M, Appendino G, et al. EHP-101, an oral formulation of the cannabidiol aminoquinone VCE-004.8, alleviates bleomycin-induced skin and lung fibrosis. Biochem Pharmacol. 2018;157:304-313 pubmed publisher..TGF-β-regulated genes [matrix metalloproteinase-3 (Mmp3), cytochrome b-245 heavy chain (Cybb), lymphocyte antigen 6E (Ly6e), vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (Vcam1) and Integrin alpha-5 (Itga5)] were induced in BLM mice ..
- Theurl I, Hilgendorf I, Nairz M, Tymoszuk P, Haschka D, Asshoff M, et al. On-demand erythrocyte disposal and iron recycling requires transient macrophages in the liver. Nat Med. 2016;22:945-51 pubmed publisher..We show that monocytes that express high levels of lymphocyte antigen 6 complex, locus C1 (LY6C1, also known as Ly-6C) ingest stressed and senescent erythrocytes, accumulate in ..
- Miedema J, Kaiser Y, Broos C, Wijsenbeek M, Grunewald J, Kool M. Th17-lineage cells in pulmonary sarcoidosis and Löfgren's syndrome: Friend or foe?. J Autoimmun. 2018;87:82-96 pubmed publisher..Differences in Cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen 4 (CTLA-4) expression on Th17-cells and regulatory T-cells (Treg) could contribute to Th17-cell ..
- Porcu M, De Silva P, Solinas C, Battaglia A, Schena M, Scartozzi M, et al. Immunotherapy Associated Pulmonary Toxicity: Biology Behind Clinical and Radiological Features. Cancers (Basel). 2019;11: pubmed publisher..in trials of lung cancer and of melanoma patients treated with the combination of the anti-cytotoxic T lymphocyte antigen (CTLA)-4 and the anti-programmed cell death-1 (PD-1) antibodies...
- Alatrash G, Daver N, Mittendorf E. Targeting Immune Checkpoints in Hematologic Malignancies. Pharmacol Rev. 2016;68:1014-1025 pubmed..Cytotoxic-T-lymphocyte antigen (CTLA-4) and programmed cell death protein 1 (PD-1) are the two most commonly targeted immune checkpoint ..
- Che K, Shankar E, Muthu S, Zandi S, Sigvardsson M, Hinkula J, et al. p38 Mitogen-activated protein kinase/signal transducer and activator of transcription-3 pathway signaling regulates expression of inhibitory molecules in T cells activated by HIV-1-exposed dendritic cells. Mol Med. 2012;18:1169-82 pubmed publisher..both autologous and allogeneic T cells exposed to HIV-pulsed dendritic cells (DCs) upregulated cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen (CTLA-4), tumor-necrosis factor (TNF)-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL), lymphocyte-activation gene-..
- Salimu J, Webber J, Gurney M, Al Taei S, Clayton A, Tabi Z. Dominant immunosuppression of dendritic cell function by prostate-cancer-derived exosomes. J Extracell Vesicles. 2017;6:1368823 pubmed publisher..assay; FBS: fetal bovine serum; GM-CSF: granulocyte-monocyte colony stimulating factor; HLA: human lymphocyte antigen; IL: interleukin; LPS: lipopolysaccharide; mfi: mean fluorescence intensity; PBMC: peripheral blood ..
- Tiezzi F, Parker Gaddis K, Cole J, Clay J, Maltecca C. A genome-wide association study for clinical mastitis in first parity US Holstein cows using single-step approach and genomic matrix re-weighting procedure. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0114919 pubmed publisher..Despite the lack of information in this study, candidate QTL for CM were identified in the US Holstein population. ..
- Romero P. Current state of vaccine therapies in non-small-cell lung cancer. Clin Lung Cancer. 2008;9 Suppl 1:S28-36 pubmed..In this regard, blockade of cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen-4 and programmed death-1 with humanized monoclonal antibodies has reached the clinical testing stage...
- Norain A, Dadachova E. Targeted Radionuclide Therapy of Melanoma. Semin Nucl Med. 2016;46:250-9 pubmed publisher..The situation changed with the introduction of B-RAF inhibitors and anti-cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen 4 and anti-programmed cell death protein 1 immunotherapies into the clinical practice...
- Shankar E, Che K, Messmer D, Lifson J, Larsson M. Expression of a broad array of negative costimulatory molecules and Blimp-1 in T cells following priming by HIV-1 pulsed dendritic cells. Mol Med. 2011;17:229-40 pubmed publisher..of negative costimulatory molecules, including lymphocyte activation gene-3 (LAG-3), CD160, cytolytic T-lymphocyte antigen-4 (CTLA-4), T-cell immunoglobulin mucin-containing domain-3 (TIM-3), programmed death-1 (PD-1) and TRAIL (..
- SandrÃ© C, Gleizes A, Forestier F, Gorges Kergot R, Chilmonczyk S, LÃ©onil J, et al. A peptide derived from bovine beta-casein modulates functional properties of bone marrow-derived macrophages from germfree and human flora-associated mice. J Nutr. 2001;131:2936-42 pubmed..These results indicate that the beta-CN (193-209) peptide could enhance antimicrobial activity of macrophages without proinflammatory effects. ..
- Liu X, Cao X, Wang S, Ji G, Zhang S, Li H. Identification of Ly2 members as antimicrobial peptides from zebrafish Danio rerio. Biosci Rep. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..Our recent data showed that Ly2.1-3 (a novel lymphocyte antigen 6 (Ly6) gene cluster) were proteins with cationic nature and rich in cysteine content, that are ..
- Takiishi T, Cook D, Korf H, Sebastiani G, Mancarella F, Cunha J, et al. Reversal of Diabetes in NOD Mice by Clinical-Grade Proinsulin and IL-10-Secreting Lactococcus lactis in Combination With Low-Dose Anti-CD3 Depends on the Induction of Foxp3-Positive T Cells. Diabetes. 2017;66:448-459 pubmed publisher..Neutralization of cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen 4 and transforming growth factor-? partially abrogated the suppressive function of therapy-induced ..
- Pilat N, Sabler P, Klaus C, Mahr B, Unger L, Hock K, et al. Blockade of adhesion molecule lymphocyte function-associated antigen-1 improves long-term heart allograft survival in mixed chimeras. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2018;37:1119-1130 pubmed publisher..We found that the combination of cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen 4 immunoglobulin (CTLA4Ig) and rapamycin with LFA-1 blockade enhanced bone marrow engraftment and led to ..
- Bellone M, Elia A. Constitutive and acquired mechanisms of resistance to immune checkpoint blockade in human cancer. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 2017;36:17-24 pubmed publisher..medical oncology, and the clinical success of monoclonal antibodies targeting either cytotoxic T lymphocyte antigen-4 (CTLA-4) or program death-1 (PD-1) in patients affected by melanoma, Hodgkin's lymphoma, Merkel cell ..
- Bakhashab S, Ahmed F, Schulten H, Ahmed F, Glanville M, Al Qahtani M, et al. Proangiogenic Effect of Metformin in Endothelial Cells Is via Upregulation of VEGFR1/2 and Their Signaling under Hyperglycemia-Hypoxia. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..acid binding protein 4 (FABP4), ERK/mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling, chemokine ligand 8, lymphocyte antigen 96, Rho kinase 1 (ROCK1), matrix metalloproteinase 16 (MMP16) and tissue factor inhibitor-2 ..
- El Khatib M, Sakuma T, Tonne J, Mohamed M, Holditch S, Lu B, et al. Î²-Cell-targeted blockage of PD1 and CTLA4 pathways prevents development of autoimmune diabetes and acute allogeneic islets rejection. Gene Ther. 2015;22:430-8 pubmed publisher..During antigen presentation, interactions between cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen-4 (CTLA4) and B7 molecules, or programmed death 1 (PD1) and its ligand PDL1, negatively regulate immune ..
- Helmink B, Bredemeyer A, Lee B, Huang C, Sharma G, Walker L, et al. MRN complex function in the repair of chromosomal Rag-mediated DNA double-strand breaks. J Exp Med. 2009;206:669-79 pubmed publisher..these defects in V(D)J recombination are remarkably similar to those observed in ATM-deficient lymphocytes, suggesting that ATM and MRN function in the same DNA DSB response pathways during lymphocyte antigen receptor gene assembly.
- Zhu Q, Renaud H, Guo Y. Bioinformatics-based identification of miR-542-5p as a predictive biomarker in breast cancer therapy. Hereditas. 2018;155:17 pubmed publisher..three 3 target gene, Tyrosine 3-Monooxygenase/Tryptophan 5-Monooxygenase Activation Protein Beta (YWHAB), Lymphocyte Antigen 9 (LY9), and Secreted Frizzled Related Protein 1 (SFRP1) were associated with overall survival in 2 ..
- Meng L, Jin W, Wang X. RIP3-mediated necrotic cell death accelerates systematic inflammation and mortality. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:11007-12 pubmed publisher..The high percentage of inflammatory monocytes with high levels of lymphocyte antigen 6C in the blood of ApoE single-knockout mice also was greatly decreased in the ApoE/RIP3 double-knockout ..
- Yang J, Hwang S, Ko D, Seo E, Oh H. Tri-allelic expression of HLA gene in 46,XX/46,XY chimerism. Transpl Immunol. 2019;53:38-42 pubmed publisher..Pre-transplantation work-up included blood group typing and HLA DNA typing analyses...
- Balakrishna P, Villegas A. Hypokalemic Paralysis Secondary to Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor Therapy. Case Rep Oncol Med. 2017;2017:5063405 pubmed publisher..Anti-programmed cell death protein 1 (PD-1) and anti-cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen 4 (CTLA-4) are two essential ICIs that have been FDA approved since 2011...
- Wu C, Xu G, Tsai S, Freed W, Lee C. Transcriptional profiles of type 2 diabetes in human skeletal muscle reveal insulin resistance, metabolic defects, apoptosis, and molecular signatures of immune activation in response to infections. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;482:282-288 pubmed publisher..These results confirm the essential regulation of impaired insulin signaling and oxidative phosphorylation in the muscle of T2DM patients, and provide novel molecular insights into the pathophysiological mechanisms of T2DM. ..
- Franssen R, Young S, Peelman F, Hertecant J, Sierts J, Schimmel A, et al. Chylomicronemia with low postheparin lipoprotein lipase levels in the setting of GPIHBP1 defects. Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 2010;3:169-78 pubmed publisher..The mutation, p.C65Y, replaces a conserved cysteine in the GPIHBP1 lymphocyte antigen 6 domain with a tyrosine and is predicted to perturb protein structure by interfering with the formation of ..
- Yamashita S, Oda S, Endo H, Tsuneyama K, Yokoi T. Neutrophil depletion protects against zomepirac-induced acute kidney injury in mice. Chem Biol Interact. 2018;279:102-110 pubmed publisher..Neutrophil infiltration into the kidneys was observed in mice with ZP-induced kidney injury, whereas anti-lymphocyte antigen 6 complex, locus G (Ly6G) antibody pretreatment prevented the renal neutrophil infiltration and partially ..
- Li M, Xing S, Zhang H, Shang S, Li X, Ren B, et al. A matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor enhances anti-cytotoxic T lymphocyte antigen-4 antibody immunotherapy in breast cancer by reprogramming the tumor microenvironment. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:1329-39 pubmed publisherAnti-cytotoxic T lymphocyte antigen-4 (CTLA-4) treatment is effective for the treatment of primary tumors, but not sufficient for the treatment of metastatic tumors, likely owing to the effects of the tumor microenvironment...
- Zhang C, Hou W, Ding X, Wang X, Zhao H, Han X, et al. Association of Cytotoxic T-lymphocyte Antigen-4 Polymorphisms with Malignant Bone Tumor Risk: A Meta-analysis. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2016;17:3785-91 pubmedPrevious studies have assessed the association between the Cytotoxic T-lymphocyte Antigen- 4(CTLA-4) polymorphism with the risk of malignant bone tumor, but the conclusions were inconsistent...
- Ligeon L, Romao S, MÃ¼nz C. Analysis of LC3-Associated Phagocytosis and Antigen Presentation. Methods Mol Biol. 2017;1519:145-168 pubmed..Finally, we propose an assay to understand how MHC class II antigen presentation can be modulated by the LAP pathway. ..
- Yang C, Chen X, Chen L, Zheng D, Liu Q, Xie W. Association of cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen 4 +49A/G gene polymorphism with acute rejection risk in renal transplantation. Pediatr Transplant. 2017;21: pubmed publisherThe conclusions on the association between cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen 4 (CTLA4) +49A/G gene polymorphism and acute rejection risk in renal transplantation are still debated...
- Lang M, Jenkins S, Balzano P, Owoyele A, Patel A, Bamezai A. Engaging Ly-6A/Sca-1 triggers lipid raft-dependent and -independent responses in CD4+ T-cell lines. Immun Inflamm Dis. 2017;5:448-460 pubmed publisherThe lymphocyte antigen 6 (Ly-6) supergene family encodes proteins of 12-14 kda in molecular mass that are either secreted or anchored to the plasma membrane through a glycosyl-phosphatidylinisotol (GPI) lipid anchor at the carboxy-..
- Liu P, He Y, Wang H, Kuang Y, Chen W, Li J, et al. The expression of mCTLA-4 in skin lesion inversely correlates with the severity of psoriasis. J Dermatol Sci. 2018;89:233-240 pubmed publisher..Cytotoxic T lymphocyte antigen-4 (CTLA-4) is a key factor that affects T cell function and immune response...
- Massari F, Di Nunno V, Cubelli M, Santoni M, Fiorentino M, Montironi R, et al. Immune checkpoint inhibitors for metastatic bladder cancer. Cancer Treat Rev. 2018;64:11-20 pubmed publisher..trials involving Programmed Death Ligand 1 (PD-L1), Programmed Death receptor 1 (PD-1) and Cytotoxic-T Lymphocyte Antigen 4 (CTLA 4) inhibitors in urothelial carcinoma focusing our attention on the developing new immune-agents and ..
- Ghasemlou N, Chiu I, Julien J, Woolf C. CD11b+Ly6G- myeloid cells mediate mechanical inflammatory pain hypersensitivity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E6808-17 pubmed publisher..By using various cell-depletion strategies, we find that, whereas lymphocyte antigen 6 complex locus G (Ly)6G(+)CD11b(+) neutrophils and T-cell receptor (TCR) Î²(+) T cells do not contribute ..
- Grimm M, Winkler Y, Fetter I, Oppel Heuchel H. [Renaissance of immuno-oncology for urological tumors : Current status]. Urologe A. 2016;55:621-6 pubmed publisher..Current research is focused on the cytotoxic T?lymphocyte antigen 4 (CTLA4), programmed cell death 1 (PD-1) and programmed death ligand 1 (PD-L1) immune checkpoints...
- Horn L, Reck M, Spigel D. The Future of Immunotherapy in the Treatment of Small Cell Lung Cancer. Oncologist. 2016;21:910-21 pubmed publisher..antibodies that target the programmed cell death protein-1 (nivolumab and pembrolizumab) and cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen-4 (ipilimumab) immune checkpoint pathways are perhaps the most promising...
- Fløe L, Svane I, Bastholt L, Schmidt H. [Immune checkpoint antibodies increase survival in patients with metastatic melanoma]. Ugeskr Laeger. 2016;178: pubmed..The other is anti-programmed cell death (PD)-1 antibody which blocks the inhibitory receptor PD-1 on T-cells. Thereby, the T-cells are kept activated and able to attack cancer cells. ..
- Romano G, Gawlinski A. New frontiers in oncology: Immune checkpoint inhibitors in combination therapy. Drugs Today (Barc). 2017;53:103-115 pubmed publisher..utilized in clinical trials to block key mediators of immune checkpoint pathways, including cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen 4, programmed cell death protein 1 and programmed cell death 1 ligand 1...
- Olah J. [Advances in immunotherapy for metastatic melanoma]. Magy Onkol. 2017;61:132-136 pubmed..Cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen-4 and programmed death-1 based treatments (ipilimumab, nivolumab and pembrolizumab) have been an integral ..
- Cullen M, Noble J, Erlich H, Thorpe K, Beck S, Klitz W, et al. Characterization of recombination in the HLA class II region. Am J Hum Genet. 1997;60:397-407 pubmed..A notable sequence motif located within a region associated with increased rates of recombination consisted of a (TGGA)12 tandem repeat within the TAP2 gene...
- Zhu T, Keirns J, Howieson C, Kaibara A, Goldwater R, Kivitz A, et al. Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics, Safety, and Tolerability of ASP2408, a Potent Selective T-Cell Costimulation Modulator After Single and Multiple Ascending Doses in Healthy Volunteers and RA Patients. Clin Pharmacol Drug Dev. 2016;5:408-25 pubmed publisherASP2408 is a next-generation anti-cytotoxic T lymphocyte antigen-4 fusion protein engineered for improved CD86 binding affinity as a treatment for rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Kim S. Identifying dynamic pathway interactions based on clinical information. Comput Biol Chem. 2017;68:260-265 pubmed publisher..The other pair of the pathways included SPLICEOSOME and PRIMARY IMMUNODEFICIENCY (correlation coefficient=0.94) with no common genes identified. ..
- Iwama S, Arima H. Clinical practice and mechanism of endocrinological adverse events associated with immune checkpoint inhibitors. Nihon Rinsho Meneki Gakkai Kaishi. 2017;40:90-94 pubmed publisher..Monoclonal antibodies against cytotoxic T lymphocyte antigen-4 (CTLA-4), programmed cell death (PD)-1, or PD-ligand 1 which is a ligand of PD-1 have been shown to be ..
- Sampson J, Suryawanshi A, Chen W, Rabinovich G, Panjwani N. Galectin-8 promotes regulatory T-cell differentiation by modulating IL-2 and TGF? signaling. Immunol Cell Biol. 2016;94:213-9 pubmed publisher..differentiation of Treg cells, and that Treg cells polarized in the presence of Gal-8 express cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen-4 and interleukin (IL)-10 at a higher frequency than control Treg cells, and efficiently inhibit ..
- Diem S, Kasenda B, Martín Liberal J, Lee A, Chauhan D, Gore M, et al. Prognostic score for patients with advanced melanoma treated with ipilimumab. Eur J Cancer. 2015;51:2785-91 pubmed publisherImmunotherapies like the cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen 4 inhibitor ipilimumab show durable clinical benefit in patients with advanced melanoma. Reliable prognostic markers and risk scores in the era of immunotherapy are still lacking...
- Casey N, Fujiwara H, Tanimoto K, Okamoto S, Mineno J, Kuzushima K, et al. A Functionally Superior Second-Generation Vector Expressing an Aurora Kinase-A-Specific T-Cell Receptor for Anti-Leukaemia Adoptive Immunotherapy. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0156896 pubmed publisher..has previously been shown to transfer specific immunoreactivity against the target peptide in a Human Lymphocyte Antigen-restricted manner...
- Brilli L, Danielli R, Ciuoli C, Calabro L, Di Giacomo A, Cerase A, et al. Prevalence of hypophysitis in a cohort of patients with metastatic melanoma and prostate cancer treated with ipilimumab. Endocrine. 2017;58:535-541 pubmed publisherIpilimumab is a human monoclonal antibody directed against cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen-4, that has been shown to significantly improve survival in patients with metastatic melanoma...
- Fletcher K, Ulferts R, Jacquin E, Veith T, Gammoh N, Arasteh J, et al. The WD40 domain of ATG16L1 is required for its non-canonical role in lipidation of LC3 at single membranes. EMBO J. 2018;37: pubmed publisher..This suggests dependence on WD40 CTD distinguishes between macroautophagy and non-canonical use of autophagy machinery. ..
- Vanbervliet B, Bendriss Vermare N, Massacrier C, Homey B, de Bouteiller O, BriÃ¨re F, et al. The inducible CXCR3 ligands control plasmacytoid dendritic cell responsiveness to the constitutive chemokine stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1)/CXCL12. J Exp Med. 2003;198:823-30 pubmed..pDCs express both the lymph node homing molecule l-selectin and the cutaneous homing molecule cutaneous lymphocyte antigen, the cooperation between inducible CXCR3 ligands and constitutive SDF-1/CXCL12 may regulate recruitment of ..
- Chen W, Hu X, Yan M, Zhang W, Mao X, Shu Y. Human umbilical vein endothelial cells promote the inhibitory activation of CD4(+)CD25(+)Foxp3(+) regulatory T cells via PD-L1. Atherosclerosis. 2016;244:108-12 pubmed publisher..the immune phenotypic markers of Tregs, such as glucocorticoid-induced TNF receptor (GITR), cytotoxic T lymphocyte antigen-4 (CTLA-4) and programmed cell death-1 protein (PD-1)...
- Chae Y, Pan A, Davis A, Raparia K, Mohindra N, Matsangou M, et al. Biomarkers for PD-1/PD-L1 Blockade Therapy in Non-Small-cell Lung Cancer: Is PD-L1 Expression a Good Marker for Patient Selection?. Clin Lung Cancer. 2016;17:350-361 pubmed publisher..ligand (PD-L1) blockade as monotherapy and most impressively in combinatorial trials with cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen-4 protein blockade. Nonetheless, a clinical benefit has not been observed in all patients...
- Weber J, Postow M, Lao C, Schadendorf D. Management of Adverse Events Following Treatment With Anti-Programmed Death-1 Agents. Oncologist. 2016;21:1230-1240 pubmed..anti-PD-1) antibodies (nivolumab and pembrolizumab) as monotherapy or in combination with anti-cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen-4 inhibition (ipilimumab), followed by a discussion of irAEs of special clinical interest based on the ..
- Yeom C, Zeng L, Goto Y, Morinibu A, Zhu Y, Shinomiya K, et al. LY6E: a conductor of malignant tumor growth through modulation of the PTEN/PI3K/Akt/HIF-1 axis. Oncotarget. 2016;7:65837-65848 pubmed publisherb>Lymphocyte antigen 6 complex, locus E (LY6E) has been implicated in the malignant progression of various types of cancers; however, the underlying mechanism remains unclear...
- Charoentong P, Finotello F, Angelova M, Mayer C, Efremova M, Rieder D, et al. Pan-cancer Immunogenomic Analyses Reveal Genotype-Immunophenotype Relationships and Predictors of Response to Checkpoint Blockade. Cell Rep. 2017;18:248-262 pubmed publisher..The immunophenoscore was a superior predictor of response to anti-cytotoxic T lymphocyte antigen-4 (CTLA-4) and anti-programmed cell death protein 1 (anti-PD-1) antibodies in two independent validation ..
- Yang C, Chen X, Chen L, Zheng D, Liu Q, Xie W, et al. Relationship between cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen 4 -318C/T (rs5742909) gene polymorphism and the risk of acute rejection in renal transplantation. Pediatr Transplant. 2017;21: pubmed publisher..In conclusion, CTLA4 -318C/T gene polymorphism is not associated with the risk of acute rejection in renal transplantation in overall populations. ..
- Besnard C, Levy E, Aladjidi N, Stolzenberg M, Magerus Chatinet A, Alibeu O, et al. Pediatric-onset Evans syndrome: Heterogeneous presentation and high frequency of monogenic disorders including LRBA and CTLA4 mutations. Clin Immunol. 2018;188:52-57 pubmed publisher..in primary immune deficiencies, autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome with FAS (ALPS-FAS), Cytotoxic T Lymphocyte Antigen-4 (CTLA-4) and Lipopolysaccharide-Responsive vesicle trafficking Beige-like and Anchor protein (LRBA) ..
- Zhang Q, Kopp M, Babiak I, Fernandes J. Low incubation temperature during early development negatively affects survival and related innate immune processes in zebrafish larvae exposed to lipopolysaccharide. Sci Rep. 2018;8:4142 pubmed publisher..Annexin A2a, S100 calcium binding protein A10b and lymphocyte antigen-6, epidermis were identified as promising candidates for LPS recognition and signal transduction.
- Pennock G, Chow L. The Evolving Role of Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors in Cancer Treatment. Oncologist. 2015;20:812-22 pubmed publisher..An example of an immunotherapeutic is ipilimumab, an antibody that blocks cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen-4 (CTLA-4) to augment antitumor immune responses...
- Louveau A, NerriÃ¨re Daguin V, Vanhove B, Naveilhan P, Neunlist M, Nicot A, et al. Targeting the CD80/CD86 costimulatory pathway with CTLA4-Ig directs microglia toward a repair phenotype and promotes axonal outgrowth. Glia. 2015;63:2298-312 pubmed publisherAmong the costimulatory factors widely studied in the immune system is the CD28/cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen-4 (CTLA4)-CD80/CD86 pathway, which critically controls the nature and duration of the T-cell response...
- Liu Z, Song Z, Sun J, Sun F, Li C, Sun J, et al. Association between CTLA-4 rs231775 polymorphism and hepatocellular carcinoma susceptibility. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:15118-22 pubmedOur study aimed to investigate the association of cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen-4 (CTLA-4) rs231775 polymorphism with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) susceptibility...
- Jacquelot N, Enot D, Flament C, Vimond N, Blattner C, Pitt J, et al. Chemokine receptor patterns in lymphocytes mirror metastatic spreading in melanoma. J Clin Invest. 2016;126:921-37 pubmed publisher..Loss of CCR6 or CXCR3, but not cutaneous lymphocyte antigen (CLA), on circulating T cell subsets was associated with skin or lymph node metastases, loss of CXCR4, CXCR5,..
- Zugazagoitia J, Guedes C, Ponce S, Ferrer I, Molina Pinelo S, Paz Ares L. Current Challenges in Cancer Treatment. Clin Ther. 2016;38:1551-66 pubmed publisher..anti-programmed death cell protein-1/programmed death cell ligand-1[PD-1/L1] and anti-cytotoxic T lymphocyte antigen-4 monoclonal antibodies) are restricted to a minority of patients, and no predictive markers are yet ..
- Vanpouille Box C, Pilones K, Wennerberg E, Formenti S, Demaria S. In situ vaccination by radiotherapy to improve responses to anti-CTLA-4 treatment. Vaccine. 2015;33:7415-7422 pubmed publisher..demonstrating that radiation acts in concert with antibodies targeting the immune checkpoint cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen-4 (CTLA-4), to induce therapeutically effective anti-tumor T cell responses in tumors otherwise non ..
- Imhof B, Jemelin S, Ballet R, Vesin C, Schapira M, Karaca M, et al. CCN1/CYR61-mediated meticulous patrolling by Ly6Clow monocytes fuels vascular inflammation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E4847-56 pubmed publisher..The rapid arrival of neutrophils is followed by a wave of inflammatory lymphocyte antigen 6 complex (Ly6C)-positive monocytes...
- Douek D, Altmann D. HLA-DO is an intracellular class II molecule with distinctive thymic expression. Int Immunol. 1997;9:355-64 pubmed..Hassall's corpuscles, a medullary site of thymocyte death, are ringed by HLA-DO+ epithelium. This unusual pattern of expression may suggest a specialized role for HLA-DO in the thymus. ..
- Chaudhry A, Verghese D, Das S, Jameel S, George A, Bal V, et al. HIV-1 Nef promotes endocytosis of cell surface MHC class II molecules via a constitutive pathway. J Immunol. 2009;183:2415-24 pubmed publisher..Thus, Nef-mediated endocytosis of MHCII provides a novel perspective on the regulation of normal MHCII trafficking. ..
- Seliger B, Atkins D, Bock M, Ritz U, Ferrone S, Huber C, et al. Characterization of human lymphocyte antigen class I antigen-processing machinery defects in renal cell carcinoma lesions with special emphasis on transporter-associated with antigen-processing down-regulation. Clin Cancer Res. 2003;9:1721-7 pubmed..These data suggest that TAP defects in RCC lesions are caused by regulatory abnormalities. Therefore, T-cell-based immunotherapy may benefit from the administration of cytokines that up-regulate TAP expression...
- Lescale C, Lenden Hasse H, Blackford A, Balmus G, Bianchi J, Yu W, et al. Specific Roles of XRCC4 Paralogs PAXX and XLF during V(D)J Recombination. Cell Rep. 2016;16:2967-2979 pubmed publisher..XRCC4 superfamily and plays a role in nonhomologous end-joining (NHEJ), a DNA repair pathway critical for lymphocyte antigen receptor gene assembly...
- Sindhi R, Higgs B, Weeks D, Ashokkumar C, Jaffe R, Kim C, et al. Genetic variants in major histocompatibility complex-linked genes associate with pediatric liver transplant rejection. Gastroenterology. 2008;135:830-9, 839.e1-10 pubmed publisher..The minor allele of the SNP rs9296068 is significantly associated with liver transplantation rejection and with enhanced B-lymphocyte participation in rejection, likely because of a dysfunctional HLA-DOA gene product. ..
- Dick J, Lang N, Slynko A, Kopp Schneider A, Schulz C, Dimitrakopoulou Strauss A, et al. Use of LDH and autoimmune side effects to predict response to ipilimumab treatment. Immunotherapy. 2016;8:1033-44 pubmed publisherIpilimumab is a cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen-4 antibody that enhances T-cell activity and proliferation...
- Lyons T, Ku G. Systemic therapy for esophagogastric cancer: immune checkpoint inhibition. Chin Clin Oncol. 2017;6:53 pubmed publisher..Cytotoxic T lymphocyte antigen-4 (CTLA-4) and programmed death the programmed death (PD)-1/PD-ligand are essential immune checkpoint ..
- Boldrini L, Giordano M, Niccoli C, Melfi F, Lucchi M, Mussi A, et al. Role of microRNA-33a in regulating the expression of PD-1 in lung adenocarcinoma. Cancer Cell Int. 2017;17:105 pubmed publisher..Target transcripts for immune checkpoint molecules such as PD-1/PD-L1 and (programmed cell death-1/its ligand and cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen 4) have proven to be beneficial against several solid tumors, including lung adenocarcinoma.
- Guce A, Mortimer S, Yoon T, Painter C, Jiang W, Mellins E, et al. HLA-DO acts as a substrate mimic to inhibit HLA-DM by a competitive mechanism. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2013;20:90-8 pubmed publisher..These results show that HLA-DO inhibits HLA-DM function by acting as a substrate mimic, and the findings also limit the possible functional roles for HLA-DO in antigen presentation. ..
- Okoye I, Houghton M, Tyrrell L, Barakat K, Elahi S. Coinhibitory Receptor Expression and Immune Checkpoint Blockade: Maintaining a Balance in CD8+ T Cell Responses to Chronic Viral Infections and Cancer. Front Immunol. 2017;8:1215 pubmed publisher..Recent advances in cancer immunotherapy involve blockade of cytotoxic T lymphocyte antigen-4 and programmed cell death 1 in order to reverse T cell exhaustion and reinvigorate immunity, which has ..
- Kauppi L, Stumpf M, Jeffreys A. Localized breakdown in linkage disequilibrium does not always predict sperm crossover hot spots in the human MHC class II region. Genomics. 2005;86:13-24 pubmed..These results highlight the complexity of LD patterns and the importance of experimentally verifying crossover hot spots...
- Li H, Chen H, Liu W, Jia X, Zhang J, Ma C, et al. Prostaglandin E2 restrains human Treg cell differentiation via E prostanoid receptor 2-protein kinase A signaling. Immunol Lett. 2017;191:63-72 pubmed publisher..PGE2 negatively modulated the expression of cytotoxic T lymphocyte antigen-4 (CTLA-4) and glucocorticoid-induced tumor necrosis factor receptor-related protein (GITR), as well as the ..
- Rosenstein Y, Burakoff S, Herrmann S. HIV-gp120 can block CD4-class II MHC-mediated adhesion. J Immunol. 1990;144:526-31 pubmed..These data indicate that T lymphocyte adhesion mediated by CD4 is a dynamic event and that binding of gp120 to CD4 is able to disrupt the normal progression of the interaction between CD4+ T lymphocytes and class II+ APC. ..
- Meneses G, Gevorkian G, Florentino A, Bautista M, Espinosa A, Acero G, et al. Intranasal delivery of dexamethasone efficiently controls LPS-induced murine neuroinflammation. Clin Exp Immunol. 2017;190:304-314 pubmed publisher..IL)-6 levels in the central nervous system (CNS) in the percentage of CD45+ /CD11b+ /lymphocyte antigen 6 complex locus G6D [Ly6G+ and in glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) immunostaining was ..
- Wykes M, Lewin S. Immune checkpoint blockade in infectious diseases. Nat Rev Immunol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The upregulation of immune checkpoint molecules, such as programmed cell death protein 1 (PD1) and cytotoxic T lymphocyte antigen 4 (CTLA4), on immune cells occurs during acute infections, such as malaria, as well as during chronic ..
- Kanazawa S, Okamoto T, Peterlin B. Tat competes with CIITA for the binding to P-TEFb and blocks the expression of MHC class II genes in HIV infection. Immunity. 2000;12:61-70 pubmed..Moreover, a dominant-negative CDK9 protein inhibits the activity of MHC II promoters. Thus, CIITA is a novel cellular coactivator that binds to P-TEFb for the expression of its target genes. ..
- Santin I, Castellanos Rubio A, Aransay A, Gutierrez G, Gaztambide S, Rica I, et al. Exploring the diabetogenicity of the HLA-B18-DR3 CEH: independent association with T1D genetic risk close to HLA-DOA. Genes Immun. 2009;10:596-600 pubmed publisher..We have identified a new susceptibility locus within the MHC with a modest contribution to T1D (OR=1.93; CI: 1.52-2.44; P=10(-8)) that is independent of HLA-DRB1 locus. ..
- Young J, Trowsdale J. The HLA-DNA (DZA) gene is correctly expressed as a 1.1 kb mature mRNA transcript. Immunogenetics. 1990;31:386-8 pubmed
- Okada Y, Suzuki A, Ikari K, Terao C, Kochi Y, Ohmura K, et al. Contribution of a Non-classical HLA Gene, HLA-DOA, to the Risk of Rheumatoid Arthritis. Am J Hum Genet. 2016;99:366-74 pubmed publisher..Our study contributes to the understanding of HLA immunology in human diseases and suggests the value of incorporating additional ancestry in MHC fine-mapping. ..
- Trowsdale J, Kelly A. The human HLA class II alpha chain gene DZ alpha is distinct from genes in the DP, DQ and DR subregions. EMBO J. 1985;4:2231-7 pubmed..Analysis of Northern blots shows that sequences downstream (3') of this signal are present in mature mRNA. The large transcripts are probably due to defects in the signals for processing of the mRNA transcript at the 3' end. ..
- Jere A, Fujita M, Adachi A, Nomaguchi M. Role of HIV-1 Nef protein for virus replication in vitro. Microbes Infect. 2010;12:65-70 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes and organizes current knowledge of HIV-1 Nef with respect to this particularly virological activity for understanding the basis of its in vivo function. ..
- Alvarado Guerri R, Cabrera C, Garrido F, Lopez Nevot M. TAP1 and TAP2 polymorphisms and their linkage disequilibrium with HLA-DR, -DP, and -DQ in an eastern Andalusian population. Hum Immunol. 2005;66:921-30 pubmed..polymorphisms and to detect linkage disequilibrium between TAP1 and TAP2 and between TAP1/TAP2 and human lymphocyte antigen (HLA) DR, DP, and DQ genes...
- Obermannová R. [Checkpoint Inhibitors in the Treatment of Upper Gastrointestinal Tract Tumors]. Klin Onkol. 2017;30:50-54 pubmed publisher..Discussing checkpoints include the cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen 4 (CTLA-4) and programmed death-1 (PD-1) receptors and the ligand PD-1 receptor, programmed death ligand-1 (..
- Poon D, Coren L, Ott D. Efficient incorporation of HLA class II onto human immunodeficiency virus type 1 requires envelope glycoprotein packaging. J Virol. 2000;74:3918-23 pubmed..These data show that HIV-1 actively incorporates HLA class II proteins in a process that, either directly or indirectly, requires Env. ..
- Patil N, Guo Y, Luan L, Sherwood E. Targeting Immune Cell Checkpoints during Sepsis. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..checkpoint molecules, including programmed death-1 (PD-1), programmed death ligand-1 (PD-L1), cytotoxic T lymphocyte antigen-4 (CTLA-4), T cell membrane protein-3 (TIM-3), Lymphocyte activation-gene-3 (LAG-3) and 2B4, are upregulated ..
- Xie G, Roshandel D, Sherva R, Monach P, Lu E, Kung T, et al. Association of granulomatosis with polyangiitis (Wegener's) with HLA-DPB1*04 and SEMA6A gene variants: evidence from genome-wide analysis. Arthritis Rheum. 2013;65:2457-68 pubmed publisher..These two associations confirm the critical role of immunogenetic factors in the development of GPA. ..