Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Histone H1
Description: histone cluster 1 H1 family member c
Alias: H1.2, H1C, H1F2, H1s-1, histone H1.2, H1 histone family, member 2, histone 1, H1c, histone H1c, histone H1d, histone H1s-1, histone cluster 1, H1c
Products: Histone H1
- Joshi H, Vastrad B, Vastrad C. Identification of Important Invasion-Related Genes in Non-functional Pituitary Adenomas. J Mol Neurosci. 2019;: pubmed publisher..The new important DEGs and pathways diagnosed in this study may serve key roles in the invasiveness of NFPAs and indicate more molecular targets for the treatment of NFPAs. ..
- Almansa R, Heredia RodrÃguez M, Gomez Sanchez E, Andaluz Ojeda D, Iglesias V, Rico L, et al. Transcriptomic correlates of organ failure extent in sepsis. J Infect. 2015;70:445-56 pubmed publisher..Quantification of the expression levels of the genes identified here could contribute to the simultaneous assessment of disease severity and immunological alterations in sepsis. ..
- Mishra L, Shalini V, Gupta N, Ghosh K, Suthar N, Bhaduri U, et al. Spermatid-specific linker histone HILS1 is a poor condenser of DNA and chromatin and preferentially associates with LINE-1 elements. Epigenetics Chromatin. 2018;11:43 pubmed publisher..circular dichroism spectroscopy that HILS1 is a poor condenser of DNA and chromatin compared to somatic linker histone H1d. Genome-wide occupancy study in elongating/condensing spermatids revealed the preferential binding of HILS1 to ..
- Moni M, LiÃ² P. Network-based analysis of comorbidities risk during an infection: SARS and HIV case studies. BMC Bioinformatics. 2014;15:333 pubmed publisher..Our method presents a ripe opportunity to use data-driven approaches for advancing our current knowledge on disease mechanism and predicting disease comorbidities in a quantitative way. ..
- Banday A, Baumgartner M, Al Seesi S, Karunakaran D, Venkatesh A, Congdon S, et al. Replication-dependent histone genes are actively transcribed in differentiating and aging retinal neurons. Cell Cycle. 2014;13:2526-41 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings underscore the importance of understanding the transcriptional regulation of replication-dependent histone genes in the maintenance and functioning of neurons. ..
- Applebaum M, Jha A, Kao C, Hernandez K, DeWane G, Salwen H, et al. Integrative genomics reveals hypoxia inducible genes that are associated with a poor prognosis in neuroblastoma patients. Oncotarget. 2016;7:76816-76826 pubmed publisher..This compact and robustly validated group of genes, is associated with the hypoxia response in aggressive neuroblastoma and may represent a novel target for biomarker and therapeutic development. ..
- Liu X, Yang C, Hu Y, Lei E, Lin X, Zhao L, et al. HIST1H1C Regulates Interferon-? and Inhibits Influenza Virus Replication by Interacting with IRF3. Front Immunol. 2017;8:350 pubmed publisher..A recent study showed that NS2 might interact with HIST1H1C (H1C, H1.2)...
- Mizuta I, Tsunoda T, Satake W, Nakabayashi Y, Watanabe M, Takeda A, et al. Calbindin 1, fibroblast growth factor 20, and alpha-synuclein in sporadic Parkinson's disease. Hum Genet. 2008;124:89-94 pubmed publisher..Our genetic analysis suggests that CALB1 is associated with PD independently of SNCA, and that FGF20 is associated with PD synergistically with SNCA. ..
- Wang W, Wang Q, Wan D, Sun Y, Wang L, Chen H, et al. Histone HIST1H1C/H1.2 regulates autophagy in the development of diabetic retinopathy. Autophagy. 2017;13:941-954 pubmed publisher..Here, we observed increased autophagy and histone HIST1H1C/H1.2, an important variant of the linker histone H1, in the retinas of type 1 diabetic rodents...
- Terme J, Millán Ariño L, Mayor R, Luque N, Izquierdo Bouldstridge A, Bustillos A, et al. Dynamics and dispensability of variant-specific histone H1 Lys-26/Ser-27 and Thr-165 post-translational modifications. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:2353-62 pubmed publisherIn mammals, the linker histone H1, involved in DNA packaging into chromatin, is represented by a family of variants. H1 tails undergo post-translational modifications (PTMs) that can be detected by mass spectrometry...
- Richardson R, Batova I, Widgren E, Zheng L, Whitfield M, Marzluff W, et al. Characterization of the histone H1-binding protein, NASP, as a cell cycle-regulated somatic protein. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:30378-86 pubmed..Expression of sNASP mRNA is regulated during the cell cycle and, consistent with a role as a histone transport protein, NASP mRNA expression parallels histone mRNA expression. ..
- Soldi M, Bonaldi T. The proteomic investigation of chromatin functional domains reveals novel synergisms among distinct heterochromatin components. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2013;12:764-80 pubmed publisher..X and WICH, both enriched in silent domains. Chromatin proteomics expands the arsenal of tools for deciphering how all the distinct protein components act together to enforce a given region-specific chromatin status. ..
- Millán Ariño L, Islam A, Izquierdo Bouldstridge A, Mayor R, Terme J, Luque N, et al. Mapping of six somatic linker histone H1 variants in human breast cancer cells uncovers specific features of H1.2. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:4474-93 pubmed publisherSeven linker histone H1 variants are present in human somatic cells with distinct prevalence across cell types...
- Kudithipudi S, Lungu C, Rathert P, Happel N, Jeltsch A. Substrate specificity analysis and novel substrates of the protein lysine methyltransferase NSD1. Chem Biol. 2014;21:226-37 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we show that Sotos mutations in the SET domain of NSD1 inactivate the enzyme. Our results illustrate the importance of specificity analyses of PKMTs for understanding protein lysine methylation signaling pathways. ..
- Eick S, Nicolai M, Mumberg D, Doenecke D. Human H1 histones: conserved and varied sequence elements in two H1 subtype genes. Eur J Cell Biol. 1989;49:110-5 pubmed..The nucleotide sequences of the flanking portions of both H1 genes show conserved motifs at established regulatory sites, but otherwise these 3' and 5' noncoding sequences of both genes differ substantially. ..
- Duce J, Smith D, Blake R, Crouch P, Li Q, Masters C, et al. Linker histone H1 binds to disease associated amyloid-like fibrils. J Mol Biol. 2006;361:493-505 pubmed..interacting protein to the amyloid-like motifs of amyloid-beta, alpha-synuclein and lysozyme was identified as histone H1. The interaction with the amyloid-like motif was confirmed by techniques including surface plasmon resonance and ..
- Kim K, Lee B, Kim J, Choi J, Kim J, Xiong Y, et al. Linker Histone H1.2 cooperates with Cul4A and PAF1 to drive H4K31 ubiquitylation-mediated transactivation. Cell Rep. 2013;5:1690-703 pubmed publisherIncreasing evidence suggests that linker histone H1 can influence distinct cellular processes by acting as a gene-specific regulator...
- Gadad S, Senapati P, Syed S, Rajan R, Shandilya J, Swaminathan V, et al. The multifunctional protein nucleophosmin (NPM1) is a human linker histone H1 chaperone. Biochemistry. 2011;50:2780-9 pubmed publisherLinker histone H1 plays an essential role in chromatin organization. Proper deposition of linker histone H1 as well as its removal is essential for chromatin dynamics and function...
- Thorslund T, Ripplinger A, Hoffmann S, Wild T, Uckelmann M, Villumsen B, et al. Histone H1 couples initiation and amplification of ubiquitin signalling after DNA damage. Nature. 2015;527:389-93 pubmed publisher..These results identify histone H1 as a key target of RNF8-UBC13 in DSB signalling and expand the concept of the histone code by showing that ..
- Martin C, Cao R, Zhang Y. Substrate preferences of the EZH2 histone methyltransferase complex. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:8365-70 pubmed..We found that the linker histone H1, when incorporated into nucleosomes, stimulates the enzymatic activity toward histone H3...
- Chen Y, Hoover M, Dang X, Shomo A, Guan X, Marshall A, et al. Quantitative Mass Spectrometry Reveals that Intact Histone H1 Phosphorylations are Variant Specific and Exhibit Single Molecule Hierarchical Dependence. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2016;15:818-33 pubmed publisher..Breast cancer was the second leading cause of cancer related mortality for females in 2014. Recent studies suggest histone H1 phosphorylation may be useful as a clinical biomarker of breast and other cancers because of its ability to ..
- Piwko W, Olma M, Held M, Bianco J, Pedrioli P, Hofmann K, et al. RNAi-based screening identifies the Mms22L-Nfkbil2 complex as a novel regulator of DNA replication in human cells. EMBO J. 2010;29:4210-22 pubmed publisher..Together, our results strongly suggest that the Mms22L-Nfkbil2 complex contributes to genome stability by regulating the chromatin state at stalled replication forks. ..
- Talbert P, Ahmad K, Almouzni G, AusiÃ³ J, Berger F, Bhalla P, et al. A unified phylogeny-based nomenclature for histone variants. Epigenetics Chromatin. 2012;5:7 pubmed publisher..For clarity and searchability, we encourage the use of descriptors that are separate from the phylogeny-based variant name to indicate developmental and other properties of variants that may be independent of structure. ..
- Tang M, Li Y, Zhang Y, Chen Y, Huang W, Wang D, et al. Disease mutant analysis identifies a new function of DAXX in telomerase regulation and telomere maintenance. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:331-41 pubmed publisher..These findings collectively support a DAXX-centric pathway for telomere maintenance, where DAXX interaction with the telomerase regulates telomerase assembly in Cajal bodies and telomerase targeting to telomeres. ..
- Okamura H, Yoshida K, Amorim B, Haneji T. Histone H1.2 is translocated to mitochondria and associates with Bak in bleomycin-induced apoptotic cells. J Cell Biochem. 2008;103:1488-96 pubmed..Here, we investigated the localization of histone H1.2 in the bleomycin-treated human squamous carcinoma SCCTF cells...
- Garg M, Ramdas N, Vijayalakshmi M, Shivashankar G, Sarin A. The C-terminal domain (CTD) in linker histones antagonizes anti-apoptotic proteins to modulate apoptotic outcomes at the mitochondrion. Cell Death Dis. 2014;5:e1058 pubmed publisher..Thus, integration with apoptotic intermediates (via C-terminal tail interactions) may constitute a more generalized function of LH isoforms in apoptotic cascades. ..
- Bonfiglio J, Fontana P, Zhang Q, Colby T, Gibbs Seymour I, Atanassov I, et al. Serine ADP-Ribosylation Depends on HPF1. Mol Cell. 2017;65:932-940.e6 pubmed publisher..We propose that O-linked protein ADPr is the key signal in PARP-1/PARP-2-dependent processes that govern genome stability. ..
- Rininsland F, Stankewicz C, Weatherford W, McBranch D. High-throughput kinase assays with protein substrates using fluorescent polymer superquenching. BMC Biotechnol. 2005;5:16 pubmed..The assay was tested on three different proteins: Myelin Basic Protein (MBP), Histone H1 and Phosphorylated heat- and acid-stable protein (PHAS-1)...
- Eilers A, Bouterfa H, Triebe S, Doenecke D. Role of a distal promoter element in the S-phase control of the human H1.2 histone gene transcription. Eur J Biochem. 1994;223:567-74 pubmed..2 promoter in HeLa cells. Electrophoretic mobility-shift assay and DNase I footprinting analysis suggest that the H1-box variant AAACAGA is a potential control element within the distal promoter region. ..
- Li H, Kaminski M, Li Y, Yildiz M, Ouillette P, Jones S, et al. Mutations in linker histone genes HIST1H1 B, C, D, and E; OCT2 (POU2F2); IRF8; and ARID1A underlying the pathogenesis of follicular lymphoma. Blood. 2014;123:1487-98 pubmed publisher..Finally, multiple novel mutated genes located within regions of acquired uniparental disomy in FL are identified. In aggregate, these data substantially broaden our understanding of the genomic pathogenesis of FL. ..
- Kang H, Lee Y, Shin J, Andrabi S, Chi Z, Gagné J, et al. Iduna is a poly(ADP-ribose) (PAR)-dependent E3 ubiquitin ligase that regulates DNA damage. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:14103-8 pubmed publisher..These results define Iduna as a PAR-dependent E3 ligase that regulates cell survival and DNA repair. ..
- Nacht A, Pohl A, Zaurin R, Soronellas D, Quilez J, Sharma P, et al. Hormone-induced repression of genes requires BRG1-mediated H1.2 deposition at target promoters. EMBO J. 2016;35:1822-43 pubmed publisher..Our results uncover a mechanism of hormone-dependent transcriptional repression and a novel role for BRG1 in progestin regulation of breast cancer cell growth. ..
- Leung J, Ghosal G, Wang W, Shen X, Wang J, Li L, et al. Alpha thalassemia/mental retardation syndrome X-linked gene product ATRX is required for proper replication restart and cellular resistance to replication stress. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:6342-50 pubmed publisher..In addition, we identified ATRX as a binding partner of MRE11-RAD50-NBS1 (MRN) complex. Together, these results suggest a non-canonical function of ATRX in guarding genomic stability. ..
- Parseghian M, Henschen A, Krieglstein K, Hamkalo B. A proposal for a coherent mammalian histone H1 nomenclature correlated with amino acid sequences. Protein Sci. 1994;3:575-87 pubmedBio-Rex 70 chromatography was combined with reverse-phase (RP) HPLC to fractionate histone H1 zero and 4 histone H1 subtypes from human placental nuclei as previously described (Parseghian MH et al., 1993, Chromosome Res 1:127-139)...