Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HIST3H3
Description: histone cluster 3 H3
Alias: H3.4, H3/g, H3FT, H3t, histone H3.1t, H3 histone family, member T, H3/t, histone 3, H3
Publications143 found, 100 shown here
- Cao F, Chen Y, Cierpicki T, Liu Y, Basrur V, Lei M, et al. An Ash2L/RbBP5 heterodimer stimulates the MLL1 methyltransferase activity through coordinated substrate interactions with the MLL1 SET domain. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14102 pubmed publisher..Given the shared core configuration among all MLL/SET1 family HMTs, it will be interesting to test whether the mechanism we describe here can be generalized to other MLL/SET1 family members in the future. ..
- Rodriguez P, Munroe D, Prawitt D, Chu L, Bric E, Kim J, et al. Functional characterization of human nucleosome assembly protein-2 (NAP1L4) suggests a role as a histone chaperone. Genomics. 1997;44:253-65 pubmed..Our results, coupled with tumor suppression assays in G401 WT cells, do not support a role for NAP-2 in the etiology of WT. A putative role for NAP-2 in regulating cellular differentiation is discussed. ..
- Tagami H, Ray Gallet D, Almouzni G, Nakatani Y. Histone H3.1 and H3.3 complexes mediate nucleosome assembly pathways dependent or independent of DNA synthesis. Cell. 2004;116:51-61 pubmed..This finding provides new insights into possible mechanisms for maintenance of epigenetic information after chromatin duplication. ..
- de Lange T. Shelterin: the protein complex that shapes and safeguards human telomeres. Genes Dev. 2005;19:2100-10 pubmed..Six shelterin subunits: TRF1, TRF2, TIN2, Rap1, TPP1, and POT1. ..
- Kaustov L, Ouyang H, Amaya M, Lemak A, Nady N, Duan S, et al. Recognition and specificity determinants of the human cbx chromodomains. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:521-9 pubmed publisher..Our structures explain the divergence of peptide binding selectivity in the Pc subfamily and highlight previously unrecognized features of the chromodomain that influence binding and specificity. ..
- Albig W, Ebentheuer J, Klobeck G, Kunz J, Doenecke D. A solitary human H3 histone gene on chromosome 1. Hum Genet. 1996;97:486-91 pubmed..In contrast to other solitary histone genes, this human H3 gene shows the consensus promoter and 3' flanking portions that are typical for replication-dependent genes. ..
- Nishioka K, Chuikov S, Sarma K, Erdjument Bromage H, Allis C, Tempst P, et al. Set9, a novel histone H3 methyltransferase that facilitates transcription by precluding histone tail modifications required for heterochromatin formation. Genes Dev. 2002;16:479-89 pubmed
- Ott M, Schnolzer M, Garnica J, Fischle W, Emiliani S, Rackwitz H, et al. Acetylation of the HIV-1 Tat protein by p300 is important for its transcriptional activity. Curr Biol. 1999;9:1489-92 pubmed..These results demonstrate that acetylation of Tat by p300/CBP is important for its transcriptional activation of the HIV promoter. ..
- Sassone Corsi P, Mizzen C, Cheung P, Crosio C, Monaco L, Jacquot S, et al. Requirement of Rsk-2 for epidermal growth factor-activated phosphorylation of histone H3. Science. 1999;285:886-91 pubmed..H3 appears to be a direct or indirect target of Rsk-2, suggesting that chromatin remodeling might contribute to mitogen-activated protein kinase-regulated gene expression. ..
- Cheung P, Tanner K, Cheung W, Sassone Corsi P, Denu J, Allis C. Synergistic coupling of histone H3 phosphorylation and acetylation in response to epidermal growth factor stimulation. Mol Cell. 2000;5:905-15 pubmed..Together, these results illustrate how the addition of multiple histone modifications may be coupled during the process of gene expression. ..
- Goo Y, Sohn Y, Kim D, Kim S, Kang M, Jung D, et al. Activating signal cointegrator 2 belongs to a novel steady-state complex that contains a subset of trithorax group proteins. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:140-9 pubmed..Further characterization of ASCOM will lead to a better understanding of how nuclear receptors and other transcription factors mediate transcriptional activation. ..
- Zhang A, Xu B, Sun Y, Lu X, Gu R, Wu L, et al. Dynamic changes of histone H3 trimethylated at positions K4 and K27 in human oocytes and preimplantation embryos. Fertil Steril. 2012;98:1009-16 pubmed publisher..Asymmetric distribution of H3K27me3 exists in human zygote pronuclei, whereas H3K4me3 is always uniform in all of the pronuclei. ..
- Govin J, Caron C, Rousseaux S, Khochbin S. Testis-specific histone H3 expression in somatic cells. Trends Biochem Sci. 2005;30:357-9 pubmed..These data also suggest a tight relationship between the complexity of histone-variant expression and physiopathological states of the cells. ..
- Soloaga A, Thomson S, Wiggin G, Rampersaud N, Dyson M, Hazzalin C, et al. MSK2 and MSK1 mediate the mitogen- and stress-induced phosphorylation of histone H3 and HMG-14. EMBO J. 2003;22:2788-97 pubmed..We conclude that MSKs are the major kinases for histone H3 and HMG-14 in response to mitogenic and stress stimuli in fibroblasts. ..
- Tachiwana H, Osakabe A, Kimura H, Kurumizaka H. Nucleosome formation with the testis-specific histone H3 variant, H3t, by human nucleosome assembly proteins in vitro. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:2208-18 pubmed publisherFive non-allelic histone H3 variants, H3.1, H3.2, H3.3, H3t and CENP-A, have been identified in mammals. H3t is robustly expressed in the testis, and thus was assigned as the testis-specific H3 variant...
- Xiao J, Lee U, Wagner D. Tug of war: adding and removing histone lysine methylation in Arabidopsis. Curr Opin Plant Biol. 2016;34:41-53 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will discuss recent advances in understanding the regulation and roles of histone methylation in plants and animals. ..
- Hamamoto R, Furukawa Y, Morita M, Iimura Y, Silva F, Li M, et al. SMYD3 encodes a histone methyltransferase involved in the proliferation of cancer cells. Nat Cell Biol. 2004;6:731-40 pubmed..Furthermore, activation of SMYD3 may be a key factor in human carcinogenesis. ..
- Vaquero A, Scher M, Lee D, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Reinberg D. Human SirT1 interacts with histone H1 and promotes formation of facultative heterochromatin. Mol Cell. 2004;16:93-105 pubmed..We propose a model for SirT1-mediated heterochromatin formation that includes deacetylation of histone tails, recruitment and deacetylation of histone H1, and spreading of hypomethylated H3-K79 with resultant silencing. ..
- Kula A, Gharu L, Marcello A. HIV-1 pre-mRNA commitment to Rev mediated export through PSF and Matrin 3. Virology. 2013;435:329-40 pubmed publisher..We propose that PSF and MATR3 define a novel pathway for RRE-containing HIV-1 RNAs that is hijacked by the viral Rev protein. ..
- Fang L, Zhang L, Wei W, Jin X, Wang P, Tong Y, et al. A methylation-phosphorylation switch determines Sox2 stability and function in ESC maintenance or differentiation. Mol Cell. 2014;55:537-51 pubmed publisher..In early development, increased Set7 expression correlates with Sox2 downregulation and appropriate differentiation. Our study highlights the importance of a Sox2 methylation-phosphorylation switch in determining ESC fate. ..
- Kim C, Kim J, Jang S, An J, Seo S, Choi K. The chromodomain-containing histone acetyltransferase TIP60 acts as a code reader, recognizing the epigenetic codes for initiating transcription. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2015;79:532-8 pubmed publisher..Phosphorylation near a lysine residue significantly reduced the affinity of TIP60 for the modified histone peptides. Our findings suggest that TIP60 acts as a functional link between the histone code and transcriptional regulators. ..
- Cao L, Wei F, Du Y, Song B, Wang D, Shen C, et al. ATM-mediated KDM2A phosphorylation is required for the DNA damage repair. Oncogene. 2016;35:301-13 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our study reveals a novel mechanism for ATM in connecting histone modifications with the DNA damage response. ..
- Zhang Y, Sun Z, Iratni R, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Hampsey M, et al. SAP30, a novel protein conserved between human and yeast, is a component of a histone deacetylase complex. Mol Cell. 1998;1:1021-31 pubmed..These results define SAP30 as a component of a histone deacetylase complex conserved among eukaryotic organisms. ..
- Lacroix M, El Messaoudi S, Rodier G, Le Cam A, Sardet C, Fabbrizio E. The histone-binding protein COPR5 is required for nuclear functions of the protein arginine methyltransferase PRMT5. EMBO Rep. 2008;9:452-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, both COPR5 depletion and overexpression affect CCNE1 promoter expression. We propose that COPR5 is an important chromatin adaptor for PRMT5 to function on a subset of its target genes. ..
- Li T, Guan J, Huang Z, Hu X, Zheng X. RNF168-mediated H2A neddylation antagonizes ubiquitylation of H2A and regulates DNA damage repair. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:2238-48 pubmed publisher..Our findings elucidate the relationship of H2A ubiquitylation and neddylation, and suggest a novel modulatory approach to DNA damage repair through the neddylation pathway. ..
- Chang C, Chu P, Wu P, Yu M, Lee J, Tsai M, et al. PHRF1 promotes genome integrity by modulating non-homologous end-joining. Cell Death Dis. 2015;6:e1716 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, PHRF1 mediates PARP1 polyubiquitination for proteasomal degradation. These results suggest that PHRF1 may combine with H3K36 methylation and NBS1 to promote NHEJ and stabilize genomic integrity upon DNA damage insults. ..
- Kwon T, Chang J, Kwak E, Lee C, Joachimiak A, Kim Y, et al. Mechanism of histone lysine methyl transfer revealed by the structure of SET7/9-AdoMet. EMBO J. 2003;22:292-303 pubmed..The unusual features of the SET domain-containing HMTase discriminate between the un- and methylated lysine substrate, and the methylation sites for the histone H3 tail. ..
- Palacios A, Garcia P, Padro D, López Hernández E, Martin I, Blanco F. Solution structure and NMR characterization of the binding to methylated histone tails of the plant homeodomain finger of the tumour suppressor ING4. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:6903-8 pubmed..In contrast to ING2, ING4 is not a phosphoinositide receptor and binds with similar affinity to the different methylation states of histone-3 at lysine 4. ..
- Varier R, Outchkourov N, de Graaf P, van Schaik F, Ensing H, Wang F, et al. A phospho/methyl switch at histone H3 regulates TFIID association with mitotic chromosomes. EMBO J. 2010;29:3967-78 pubmed publisher..Based on our observations, we propose that a histone H3 phospho-methyl switch regulates TFIID-mediated transcription during mitotic progression of the cell cycle. ..
- Li M, Zheng Y, Yuan H, Liu Y, Wen X. Effects of dynamic changes in histone acetylation and deacetylase activity on pulmonary fibrosis. Int Immunopharmacol. 2017;52:272-280 pubmed publisher..HDAC2 is mainly involved in the chronic progression of pulmonary fibrosis, and HDAC4 is mainly involved in early stress response to pulmonary fibrosis. ..
- Bernstein B, Kamal M, Lindblad Toh K, Bekiranov S, Bailey D, Huebert D, et al. Genomic maps and comparative analysis of histone modifications in human and mouse. Cell. 2005;120:169-81 pubmed..This suggests that the DNA elements that direct the methylation represent only a small fraction of the region or lie at some distance from the site. ..
- Nair S, Nair B, Cortez V, Chakravarty D, Metzger E, Schüle R, et al. PELP1 is a reader of histone H3 methylation that facilitates oestrogen receptor-alpha target gene activation by regulating lysine demethylase 1 specificity. EMBO Rep. 2010;11:438-44 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PELP1 is a reader of H3 methylation marks and has a crucial role in modulating the histone code at the ERalpha target genes. ..
- Yap D, Chu J, Berg T, Schapira M, Cheng S, Moradian A, et al. Somatic mutations at EZH2 Y641 act dominantly through a mechanism of selectively altered PRC2 catalytic activity, to increase H3K27 trimethylation. Blood. 2011;117:2451-9 pubmed publisher..The dominant mode of action suggests that allele-specific EZH2 inhibitors should be a future therapeutic strategy for this disease. ..
- Mehrotra P, Ahel D, Ryan D, Weston R, Wiechens N, Kraehenbuehl R, et al. DNA repair factor APLF is a histone chaperone. Mol Cell. 2011;41:46-55 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings define the involvement of histone chaperones in poly(ADP-ribose)-regulated DNA repair reactions. ..
- Ray P, Huang B, Tsuji Y. Coordinated regulation of Nrf2 and histone H3 serine 10 phosphorylation in arsenite-activated transcription of the human heme oxygenase-1 gene. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1849:1277-88 pubmed publisher..Our data highlights the complex interplay between Nrf2 and H3S10 phosphorylation in arsenite-activated HO-1 transcription. ..
- Li L, Wang Y. Cross-talk between the H3K36me3 and H4K16ac histone epigenetic marks in DNA double-strand break repair. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:11951-11959 pubmed publisher..In this study, we unveiled cross-talk between two important histone epigenetic marks and defined the function of this cross-talk in DNA DSB repair. ..
- Sen S, Sanyal S, Srivastava D, Dasgupta D, Roy S, Das C. Transcription factor 19 interacts with histone 3 lysine 4 trimethylation and controls gluconeogenesis via the nucleosome-remodeling-deacetylase complex. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:20362-20378 pubmed publisher..Our study offers critical insights into the molecular mechanisms of transcriptional regulation of gluconeogenesis and into the roles of chromatin readers in metabolic homeostasis. ..
- Goel A, Janknecht R. Concerted activation of ETS protein ER81 by p160 coactivators, the acetyltransferase p300 and the receptor tyrosine kinase HER2/Neu. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:14909-16 pubmed..Thus, oncogenic HER2/Neu and ACTR may synergize to orchestrate mammary tumorigenesis through the dysregulation of the transcription factor ER81 and its target genes. ..
- Vermeulen M, Mulder K, Denissov S, Pijnappel W, van Schaik F, Varier R, et al. Selective anchoring of TFIID to nucleosomes by trimethylation of histone H3 lysine 4. Cell. 2007;131:58-69 pubmed..Our experiments reveal crosstalk between histone modifications and the transcription factor TFIID. This has important implications for regulation of RNA polymerase II-mediated transcription in higher eukaryotes. ..
- Fong J, Nguyen B, Bridger R, Medrano E, Wells L, Pan S, et al. ?-N-Acetylglucosamine (O-GlcNAc) is a novel regulator of mitosis-specific phosphorylations on histone H3. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:12195-203 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that O-GlcNAcylation regulates mitosis-specific phosphorylations on H3, providing a mechanistic switch that orchestrates the G2-M transition of the cell cycle. ..
- Bjerke L, Mackay A, Nandhabalan M, Burford A, Jury A, Popov S, et al. Histone H3.3. mutations drive pediatric glioblastoma through upregulation of MYCN. Cancer Discov. 2013;3:512-9 pubmed..Using synthetic lethal approaches to these mutant tumor cells provides a rational way to develop novel and highly selective treatment strategies ..
- Guo R, Zheng L, Park J, Lv R, Chen H, Jiao F, et al. BS69/ZMYND11 reads and connects histone H3.3 lysine 36 trimethylation-decorated chromatin to regulated pre-mRNA processing. Mol Cell. 2014;56:298-310 pubmed publisher..3K36me3-specific reader and a regulator of IR and reveals that BS69 connects histone H3.3K36me3 to regulated RNA splicing, providing significant, important insights into chromatin regulation of pre-mRNA processing. ..
- Kochs G, Hummel R, Meyer D, Hug H, Marme D, Sarre T. Activation and substrate specificity of the human protein kinase C alpha and zeta isoenzymes. Eur J Biochem. 1993;216:597-606 pubmed..The potential implications of these findings on the mechanism(s) of activation and the substrate specificity of PKC zeta are discussed. ..
- Balasubramanian M, Shan J, Kilberg M. Dynamic changes in genomic histone association and modification during activation of the ASNS and ATF3 genes by amino acid limitation. Biochem J. 2013;449:219-29 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study document changes in gene-associated nucleosome abundance and histone modifications in response to amino-acid-dependent transcription. ..
- Kycia I, Kudithipudi S, Tamas R, Kungulovski G, Dhayalan A, Jeltsch A. The Tudor domain of the PHD finger protein 1 is a dual reader of lysine trimethylation at lysine 36 of histone H3 and lysine 27 of histone variant H3t. J Mol Biol. 2014;426:1651-60 pubmed publisher..domain with modified histone peptides and found that it recognizes H3K36me3 and H3tK27me3 (on the histone variant H3t) and that it uses the same trimethyllysine binding pocket for the interaction with both peptides...
- Snyers L, Zupkovitz G, Almeder M, Fliesser M, Stoisser A, Weipoltshammer K, et al. Distinct chromatin signature of histone H3 variant H3.3 in human cells. Nucleus. 2014;5:449-61 pubmed publisher..3 was almost completely absent from the inactive X chromosome. Collectively, our data show that histone variant H3.3 occupies distinct intranuclear chromatin domains and that these genomic loci are associated with gene expression. ..
- Rondinelli B, Schwerer H, Antonini E, Gaviraghi M, Lupi A, Frenquelli M, et al. H3K4me3 demethylation by the histone demethylase KDM5C/JARID1C promotes DNA replication origin firing. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:2560-74 pubmed publisher..All together, these data point to a prominent role for JARID1C in a specific phase of DNA replication in mammalian cells, through its demethylase activity on H3K4me3. ..
- Becker W, Weber Y, Wetzel K, Eirmbter K, Tejedor F, Joost H. Sequence characteristics, subcellular localization, and substrate specificity of DYRK-related kinases, a novel family of dual specificity protein kinases. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:25893-902 pubmed..The heterogeneity of their subcellular localization and substrate specificity suggests that the kinases are involved in different cellular functions. ..
- Citterio E, Papait R, Nicassio F, Vecchi M, Gomiero P, Mantovani R, et al. Np95 is a histone-binding protein endowed with ubiquitin ligase activity. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:2526-35 pubmed..Thus, the demonstration that Np95 is a chromatin-associated ubiquitin ligase suggests possible molecular mechanisms for its action as a cell cycle regulator. ..
- Pekowska A, Benoukraf T, Ferrier P, Spicuglia S. A unique H3K4me2 profile marks tissue-specific gene regulation. Genome Res. 2010;20:1493-502 pubmed publisher..We propose that this epigenetic feature reflects the activity of an as yet unrecognized, intragenic cis-regulatory platform dedicated to refining tissue-specificity in gene expression. ..
- Moore S, Ferhatoglu Y, Jia Y, Al Jiab R, Scott M. Structural and biochemical studies on the chromo-barrel domain of male specific lethal 3 (MSL3) reveal a binding preference for mono- or dimethyllysine 20 on histone H4. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:40879-90 pubmed publisher..Binding studies on the related dMRG15 chromo-barrel domain revealed that MRG15 prefers binding to H4K20Me(3). ..
- Lauberth S, Nakayama T, Wu X, Ferris A, Tang Z, Hughes S, et al. H3K4me3 interactions with TAF3 regulate preinitiation complex assembly and selective gene activation. Cell. 2013;152:1021-36 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate a mechanism by which H3K4me3 directs PIC assembly for the rapid induction of specific p53 target genes. ..
- Fukuoka K, Yanagisawa T, Watanabe Y, Suzuki T, Shirahata M, Adachi J, et al. Brainstem oligodendroglial tumors in children: two case reports and review of literatures. Childs Nerv Syst. 2015;31:449-55 pubmed publisher..Pediatric brainstem oligodendroglial tumors can include histone H3.3-mutated tumors and have a tendency to disseminate throughout the neuroaxis at the time of relapse. ..
- Blagoev B, Kratchmarova I, Ong S, Nielsen M, Foster L, Mann M. A proteomics strategy to elucidate functional protein-protein interactions applied to EGF signaling. Nat Biotechnol. 2003;21:315-8 pubmed..SILAC combined with modification-based affinity purification is a useful approach to detect specific and functional protein-protein interactions. ..
- Wang T, Yang J, Ji X, Chu M, Zhang R, Dai J, et al. Pathway analysis for a genome-wide association study of pneumoconiosis. Toxicol Lett. 2015;232:284-92 pubmed publisher..008; 0.001< false discovery rate (FDR) <0.035). The second strongest mechanism was that rs2230656 modulates HIST3H3 to affect its role in chromatin assembly processes (p<0.001; FDR <0.001)...
- Mizzen C, Yang X, Kokubo T, Brownell J, Bannister A, Owen Hughes T, et al. The TAF(II)250 subunit of TFIID has histone acetyltransferase activity. Cell. 1996;87:1261-70 pubmed..Our findings suggest that targeted histone acetylation at specific promoters by TAF(II)250 may be involved in mechanisms by which TFIID gains access to transcriptionally repressed chromatin. ..
- Zhang R, Chen W, Adams P. Molecular dissection of formation of senescence-associated heterochromatin foci. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:2343-58 pubmed..Based on our results, we propose a stepwise model for the formation of SAHF. ..
- Fu J, Bian M, Liu J, Jiang Q, Zhang C. A single amino acid change converts Aurora-A into Aurora-B-like kinase in terms of partner specificity and cellular function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:6939-44 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we propose that the presence of Gly or Asn at a single site assigns Aurora-A and -B to their respective partners and thus to their distinctive subcellular localizations and functions. ..
- Lee H, Park J, Kim S, Kwon S, Kwon J. A cooperative activation loop among SWI/SNF, gamma-H2AX and H3 acetylation for DNA double-strand break repair. EMBO J. 2010;29:1434-45 pubmed publisher..The H3 acetylation on gamma-H2AX nucleosomes is induced by DNA damage. These results collectively suggest that SWI/SNF, gamma-H2AX and H3 acetylation cooperatively act in a feedback activation loop to facilitate DSB repair. ..
- Kubota S, Fukumoto Y, Aoyama K, Ishibashi K, Yuki R, Morinaga T, et al. Phosphorylation of KRAB-associated protein 1 (KAP1) at Tyr-449, Tyr-458, and Tyr-517 by nuclear tyrosine kinases inhibits the association of KAP1 and heterochromatin protein 1? (HP1?) with heterochromatin. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:17871-83 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that nucleus-localized tyrosine kinases, including SFKs, phosphorylate KAP1 at Tyr-449/Tyr-458/Tyr-517 and inhibit the association of KAP1 and HP1? with heterochromatin. ..
- Bartnicki F, Kowalska E, Pels K, Strzalka W. Imidazole-free purification of His3-tagged recombinant proteins using ssDNA aptamer-based affinity chromatography. J Chromatogr A. 2015;1418:130-9 pubmed publisher..Our study shows that stability of the His3-tag/H3T aptamer complex can be controlled by the sodium ion concentration...
- Bonfiglio J, Fontana P, Zhang Q, Colby T, Gibbs Seymour I, Atanassov I, et al. Serine ADP-Ribosylation Depends on HPF1. Mol Cell. 2017;65:932-940.e6 pubmed publisher..We propose that O-linked protein ADPr is the key signal in PARP-1/PARP-2-dependent processes that govern genome stability. ..
- Chandrasekaran R, Thompson M. Polybromo-1-bromodomains bind histone H3 at specific acetyl-lysine positions. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;355:661-6 pubmed..Quantitative analysis of single bromodomain-histone interactions can be used to develop hypotheses regarding the histone acetylation pattern that acts as the binding target of the native polybromo-1 protein. ..
- Rothbart S, Dickson B, Ong M, Krajewski K, Houliston S, Kireev D, et al. Multivalent histone engagement by the linked tandem Tudor and PHD domains of UHRF1 is required for the epigenetic inheritance of DNA methylation. Genes Dev. 2013;27:1288-98 pubmed publisher..These findings provide critical support for the "histone code" hypothesis, demonstrating that multivalent histone engagement plays a key role in driving a fundamental downstream biological event in chromatin. ..
- Quan J, Adelmant G, Marto J, Look A, Yusufzai T. The chromatin remodeling factor CHD5 is a transcriptional repressor of WEE1. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e108066 pubmed publisher..Our study shows that CHD5 is a NuRD-associated transcriptional repressor and identifies WEE1 as one of the CHD5-regulated genes that may link CHD5 to tumor suppression. ..
- Bhatnagar S, Gazin C, Chamberlain L, Ou J, Zhu X, Tushir J, et al. TRIM37 is a new histone H2A ubiquitin ligase and breast cancer oncoprotein. Nature. 2014;516:116-20 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results reveal TRIM37 as an oncogenic H2A ubiquitin ligase that is overexpressed in a subset of breast cancers and promotes transformation by facilitating silencing of tumour suppressors and other genes. ..
- Hsieh Y, Kundu T, Wang Z, Kovelman R, Roeder R. The TFIIIC90 subunit of TFIIIC interacts with multiple components of the RNA polymerase III machinery and contains a histone-specific acetyltransferase activity. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:7697-704 pubmed..We show that hTFIIIC90 has an intrinsic histone acetyltransferase activity with a substrate specificity for histone H3. ..
- Xiang Y, Zhu Z, Han G, Ye X, Xu B, Peng Z, et al. JARID1B is a histone H3 lysine 4 demethylase up-regulated in prostate cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:19226-31 pubmed..Thus, we identified JARID1B as a demethylase capable of removing three methyl groups from histone H3 lysine 4 and up-regulated in prostate cancer. ..
- Landgrave GÃ³mez J, Mercado GÃ³mez O, VÃ¡zquez GarcÃa M, RodrÃguez Molina V, CÃ³rdova DÃ¡valos L, Arriaga Ãvila V, et al. Anticonvulsant Effect of Time-Restricted Feeding in a Pilocarpine-Induced Seizure Model: Metabolic and Epigenetic Implications. Front Cell Neurosci. 2016;10:7 pubmed publisher
- Xu X, Murdoch F, Curran E, Welshons W, Fritsch M. Transcription factor accessibility and histone acetylation of the progesterone receptor gene differs between parental MCF-7 cells and a subline that has lost progesterone receptor expression. Gene. 2004;328:143-51 pubmed..We speculate that the histone acetylation level at this site may be a marker for chromatin structure that affects the access of transcription factors to the whole promoter. ..
- Zeisig D, Bittner C, Zeisig B, Garcia Cuellar M, Hess J, Slany R. The eleven-nineteen-leukemia protein ENL connects nuclear MLL fusion partners with chromatin. Oncogene. 2005;24:5525-32 pubmed..Overlay and pulldown-assays finally showed a specific and YEATS domain-dependent association of ENL with histones H3 and H1. In summary, our studies support a common role for nuclear MLL fusion partners in chromatin biology. ..
- Tsukada Y, Fang J, Erdjument Bromage H, Warren M, Borchers C, Tempst P, et al. Histone demethylation by a family of JmjC domain-containing proteins. Nature. 2006;439:811-6 pubmed..Thus, we identify the JmjC domain as a novel demethylase signature motif and uncover a protein demethylation mechanism that is conserved from yeast to human. ..
- Lee M, Villa R, Trojer P, Norman J, Yan K, Reinberg D, et al. Demethylation of H3K27 regulates polycomb recruitment and H2A ubiquitination. Science. 2007;318:447-50 pubmed..Our results suggest a concerted mechanism for transcriptional activation in which cycles of H3K4 methylation by MLL2/3 are linked with the demethylation of H3K27 through UTX. ..
- Kim J, Roeder R. Direct Bre1-Paf1 complex interactions and RING finger-independent Bre1-Rad6 interactions mediate histone H2B ubiquitylation in yeast. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:20582-92 pubmed publisher..These studies provide a more detailed mechanistic basis for H2B ubiquitylation in yeast. ..
- Hayashi A, Yamauchi N, Shibahara J, Kimura H, Morikawa T, Ishikawa S, et al. Concurrent activation of acetylation and tri-methylation of H3K27 in a subset of hepatocellular carcinoma with aggressive behavior. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e91330 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that image analyzer-assisted H-scores of H3K27ac and H3K27me3 identified an aggressive subgroup of HCC, and could serve as a prognostic marker for HCC. ..
- Chang F, Chan F, R McGhie J, Udugama M, Mayne L, Collas P, et al. CHK1-driven histone H3.3 serine 31 phosphorylation is important for chromatin maintenance and cell survival in human ALT cancer cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:2603-14 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a novel role of CHK1 as an H3.3S31 kinase, and that CHK1-mediated H3.3S31ph plays an important role in the maintenance of chromatin integrity and cell survival in ALT cancer cells. ..
- Quivy J, Roche D, Kirschner D, Tagami H, Nakatani Y, Almouzni G. A CAF-1 dependent pool of HP1 during heterochromatin duplication. EMBO J. 2004;23:3516-26 pubmed
- Chen Z, Zang J, Kappler J, Hong X, Crawford F, Wang Q, et al. Structural basis of the recognition of a methylated histone tail by JMJD2A. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:10818-23 pubmed..These results provide insights into the mechanisms and specificity of histone demethylation. ..
- Yang Y, Lu Y, Espejo A, Wu J, Xu W, Liang S, et al. TDRD3 is an effector molecule for arginine-methylated histone marks. Mol Cell. 2010;40:1016-23 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, ChIP-seq analysis of TDRD3 reveals that it is predominantly localized to transcriptional start sites. Thus, TDRD3 is an effector molecule that promotes transcription by binding methylarginine marks on histone tails...
- Cai M, Tong Z, Zhu W, Wen Z, Rao H, Kong L, et al. H3K27me3 protein is a promising predictive biomarker of patients' survival and chemoradioresistance in human nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Mol Med. 2011;17:1137-45 pubmed publisher..The combined clinicopathologic prognostic model may become a useful tool for identifying NPC patients with different clinical outcomes. ..
- Qian Y, Zhang J, Hu Q, Xu M, Chen Y, Hu G, et al. Silver nanoparticle-induced hemoglobin decrease involves alteration of histone 3 methylation status. Biomaterials. 2015;70:12-22 pubmed publisher..Our study therefore opens a new avenue to study the biological effects of AgNPs at sublethal concentrations from the perspective of epigenetic mechanisms. ..
- Kwak H, Dohmae N. Characterization of post-translational modifications on lysine 9 of histone H3 variants in mouse testis using matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization-in source decay. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2016;: pubmed publisher..These modifications were also observed in testis-specific histone H3 (H3t). Specifically, tri-methylation was more abundant on H3tK9 than on K9 of other H3 variants...
- Torres Perez J, Santha P, Varga A, Szucs P, Sousa Valente J, Gaál B, et al. Phosphorylated Histone 3 at Serine 10 Identifies Activated Spinal Neurons and Contributes to the Development of Tissue Injury-Associated Pain. Sci Rep. 2017;7:41221 pubmed publisher..We propose that p-S10H3 is a novel marker for nociceptive processing in SSDHN with high relevance to transcriptional changes and the development of prolonged pain. ..
- Wang Y, Wysocka J, Sayegh J, Lee Y, Perlin J, Leonelli L, et al. Human PAD4 regulates histone arginine methylation levels via demethylimination. Science. 2004;306:279-83 pubmed..Moreover, PAD4 activity is linked with the transcriptional regulation of estrogen-responsive genes in MCF-7 cells. These data suggest that PAD4 mediates gene expression by regulating Arg methylation and citrullination in histones. ..
- Wong K, Sharma A, Awasthi S, Matlock E, Rogers L, Van Lint C, et al. HIV-1 Tat interactions with p300 and PCAF transcriptional coactivators inhibit histone acetylation and neurotrophin signaling through CREB. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:9390-9 pubmed..Importantly, these findings suggest that HIV-1 Tat-coactivator interactions may contribute to neurotrophin signaling impairments and neuronal apoptosis associated with HIV-1 infections of the CNS. ..