Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HIST1H4I
Description: histone cluster 1, H4i
Alias: H4/m, H4FM, H4M, H4 histone family, member M, Histone 4 family, member M, histone 1, H4i, histone H4, histone family member
- Isolation and characterization of two human H1 histone genes within clusters of core histone genesW Albig
Institut fur Biochemie, Universitat Gottingen, Federal Republic of Germany
Genomics 10:940-8. 1991..In continuation of our previous analysis of two human H1 genes, this analysis raises the number of completely sequenced H1 histone genes within clusters of core histone genes to four...
- Chromosomal translocations fusing the BCL6 gene to different partner loci are recurrent in primary central nervous system lymphoma and may be associated with aberrant somatic hypermutation or defective class switch recombinationHeinrich Schwindt
Department of Neuropathology, University Hospital of Cologne, Koln, Germany
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 65:776-82. 2006..DNA sequence analysis of the junctional sequences provided evidence that aberrant class switch recombination or somatic hypermutation may be involved in the generation of BCL6 translocations...
- Association of autism with polymorphisms in the paired-like homeodomain transcription factor 1 (PITX1) on chromosome 5q31: a candidate gene analysisAnne Philippi
IntegraGen SA, 5 rue Henri Desbrueres, Genopole Campus 1, Genavenir 8, 91000 Evry, France
BMC Med Genet 8:74. 2007..the pituitary-hypothalamic axis, 2) neurogenin 1, a transcription factor involved in neurogenesis, and 3) histone family member Y (H2AFY), which is involved in X-chromosome inactivation in females and could explain the 4:1 male:female ..
- 53BP1 facilitates long-range DNA end-joining during V(D)J recombinationSimone Difilippantonio
Experimental Immunology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1360, USA
Nature 456:529-33. 2008..breaks, where it seems to function in a subset of ataxia telangiectasia mutated (ATM) kinase-, H2A histone family member X (H2AX, also known as H2AFX)- and mediator of DNA damage checkpoint 1 (MDC1)-dependent events...
- Functional polymorphism in H2BFWT-5'UTR is associated with susceptibility to male infertilityJinu Lee
Department of Pharmacology, CHA Stem Cell Institute, School of Medicine, CHA University, Bundang gu, Seongnam si, Kyunggi Do, Korea
J Cell Mol Med 13:1942-51. 2009..Our data implicate H2BFWT as a susceptibility factor for male infertility, possibly with other genetic and environmental factors...
- Large liver cell change in hepatitis B virus-related liver cirrhosisHaeryoung Kim
Department of Pathology, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Seongnam, Korea
Hepatology 50:752-62. 2009..The characteristics of HBV-related LLCC are more consistent with dysplastic rather than merely reactive hepatocytes, whereas cholestatic LLCC more likely represents reactive change with more stringent cell cycle checkpoint control...
- A polyphasic study on the species diversity of the sediment microbiota of Lake HévízG Krett
Department of Microbiology, Eotvos Lorand University, Budapest, Hungary
Acta Microbiol Immunol Hung 56:339-55. 2009..Two clone libraries were constructed from H3M and H4M samples, providing 288 and 192 clones which were grouped to 150 and 125 OTUs, respectively, by ARDRA...
- Rapamycin-mediated mTOR inhibition attenuates survivin and sensitizes glioblastoma cells to radiation therapyArunkumar Anandharaj
Department of Radiation Oncology, Chungbuk National University College of Medicine, Cheongju, Korea
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 43:292-300. 2011..in rapamycin pre-treatment glioblastoma cells followed by radiation; meanwhile, the phosphorylation of H2A histone family member X (H2AX) at serine-139 (γ-H2AX) was increased...
- DNA damage-sensing kinases mediate the mouse 2-cell embryo's response to genotoxic stressX F Mu
Human Reproduction Unit, Sydney Centre for Developmental and Regenerative Medicine, Kolling Institute of Medical Research, Sydney Medical School, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Biol Reprod 85:524-35. 2011..Under conditions of extensive or persistent DNA damage, the demise of the embryo is the ultimate method of protecting genomic integrity...
- H2AFX polymorphisms are associated with decreased risk of diffuse large B cell lymphoma in KoreansXue Mei Jin
Genome Research Center for Hematopoietic Diseases, Chonnam National University Hwasun Hospital, Hwasun Gun, Chonnam, Republic of Korea
DNA Cell Biol 30:1039-44. 2011Polymorphisms of the H2A histone family member X (H2AFX) gene have been associated with decreased non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL, -417AA) risk and increased breast cancer (1654AG/GG, and -1420GA/AA) risk...
- Hydration-sensitive gene expression in brainCai Tang
Department of Physiology, University of Tubingen, Gmelinstr 5, D 72076 Tubingen
Cell Physiol Biochem 27:757-68. 2011..discs large (Drosophila) homolog-associated protein 1, zinc finger and BTB domain containing 3, and H2A histone family member V...
- Transcriptional modulator H2A histone family, member Y (H2AFY) marks Huntington disease activity in man and mouseYi Hu
Laboratory for Neurogenomics, Center for Neurologic Diseases, Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women s Hospital, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:17141-6. 2011..This study identifies the chromatin regulator H2AFY as a potential biomarker associated with disease activity and pharmacodynamic response that may become useful for enabling disease-modifying therapeutics for HD...
- Histone H3 and H4 ubiquitylation by the CUL4-DDB-ROC1 ubiquitin ligase facilitates cellular response to DNA damageHengbin Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Kaul Human Genetics Building Room 402A, 720 South 20th Street, 35294, USA
Mol Cell 22:383-94. 2006..Thus, our studies uncover CUL4-DDB-ROC1 as a histone ubiquitin ligase and demonstrate that histone H3 and H4 ubiquitylation participates in the cellular response to DNA damage...
- Molecular characterization of a novel pattern recognition protein from nonspecific cytotoxic cells: sequence analysis, phylogenetic comparisons and anti-microbial activity of a recombinant homologueDonald L Evans
Department of Infectious Diseases, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Dev Comp Immunol 29:1049-64. 2005..75. Sequence comparisons of this protein indicated similarity to zebrafish (51.2%) histone family member 1-X and (to a lesser extent) to trout H1...
- Histone H4 acetylation in human cells. Frequency of acetylation at different sites defined by immunolabeling with site-specific antibodiesB M Turner
School of Basic Medical Sciences, Anatomy Department, University of Birmingham Medical School, England
FEBS Lett 253:141-5. 1989b>Histone H4 can be reversibly acetylated at lysine residues 5, 8, 12 and 16...
- Protein-DNA interactions in vivo upstream of a cell cycle-regulated human H4 histone geneU Pauli
Science 236:1308-11. 1987..These protein-DNA interactions persist during all phases of the cell cycle and dissociate with 0.16 to 0.2M sodium chloride...
- A highly basic histone H4 domain bound to the sharply bent region of nucleosomal DNAK K Ebralidse
Institute of Molecular Biology, Academy of Sciences, Moscow, USSR
Nature 331:365-7. 1988..4). DNA-histone chemical cross-linking within the core particle has revealed strong binding of each of the two histone H4 molecules to DNA at a distance of 1.5 helical turns either side of the nucleosomal dyad axis (sites +/- 1.5)...
- Structure and in vitro transcription of a human H4 histone geneF Sierra
Nucleic Acids Res 11:7069-86. 1983..Data are presented which suggest that sequences located downstream from the 3' end of the coding region may influence the in vitro transcription of this human H4 histone gene...
- Association of histone H4 genes with the mammalian testis-specific H1t histone geneB Drabent
Abt Molekularbiologie, Georg August Universitat Gottingen, Germany
DNA Cell Biol 14:591-7. 1995....
- A recurring translocation, t(3;6)(q27;p21), in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma results in replacement of the 5' regulatory region of BCL6 with a novel H4 histone geneT Akasaka
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Cancer Res 57:7-12. 1997..Because H4 gene expression is tightly coupled to DNA replication, this study suggested an immediate mechanism for deregulated expression of BCL6, leading to the development of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma...
- Characterization of the H1.5 gene completes the set of human H1 subtype genesW Albig
Institut fur Biochemie und Molekulare Zellbiologie, Universitaet Goettingen, Germany
Gene 184:141-8. 1997..The H2B sequence shows no typical regulatory elements and no complete ORF, therefore we consider it as a pseudogene. The expression of the H1.5 gene was examined in several cell lines...
- The human H2A and H2B histone gene complementW Albig
Institut fur Biochemie und Molekulare Zellbiologie, Universitat Gottingen, Germany
Biol Chem 380:7-18. 1999..The genes show varying expression patterns in different tumor cell lines...
- The genomic organization of the histone clusters on human 6p21.3J Ahn
Yale Child Health Research Center, Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, 464 Congress Avenue, New Haven, Connecticut 06520-8081, USA
Mamm Genome 10:768-70. 1999
- AID is required to initiate Nbs1/gamma-H2AX focus formation and mutations at sites of class switchingS Petersen
Experimental Immunology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nature 414:660-5. 2001..Here we report that the Nijmegen breakage syndrome protein (Nbs1) and phosphorylated H2A histone family member X (gamma-H2AX, also known as gamma-H2afx), which facilitate DNA double-strand break (DSB) repair, form ..
- Genes affecting the cell cycle, growth, maintenance, and drug sensitivity are preferentially regulated by anti-HER2 antibody through phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-AKT signalingXiao Feng Le
Department of Experimental Therapeutics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 280:2092-104. 2005..Transcriptional regulation by anti-HER2 antibody through PI3K-AKT pathway may potentiate the growth inhibitory activity of docetaxel by affecting cell cycle progression...
- The first bromodomain of the testis-specific double bromodomain protein Brdt is required for chromocenter organization that is modulated by genetic backgroundBinyamin D Berkovits
Department of Genetics and Development, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
Dev Biol 360:358-68. 2011..These observations suggest that the first bromodomain of Brdt is critical in the formation and/or maintenance of an intact chromocenter and implicate this structure in proper remodeling of the chromatin architecture of the sperm head...
- Role of Ubp-M and H2A deubiquitination in chromatin and cellular functionHengbin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..However, due to the amount of work in this application and the uncertain outcome of these experiments, we did not list these experiments as a Specific Aim. ..
- Role of Ubp-M and H2A deubiquitination in chromatin and cellular functionHengbin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..However, due to the amount of work in this application and the uncertain outcome of these experiments, we did not list these experiments as a Specific Aim. ..