Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HIST1H2BB
Description: histone cluster 1 H2B family member b
Alias: H2B.1, H2B/f, H2BFF, histone H2B type 1-B, H2B histone family, member F, histone 1, H2bb, histone H2B.1, histone H2B.f, histone cluster 1, H2bb
- Citterio E, Van Den Boom V, Schnitzler G, Kanaar R, Bonte E, Kingston R, et al. ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling by the Cockayne syndrome B DNA repair-transcription-coupling factor. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:7643-53 pubmed..CSB is the first repair protein found to play a direct role in modulating nucleosome structure. The relevance of this finding to the interplay between transcription and repair is discussed. ..
- Ruddy D, Kronmal G, Lee V, Mintier G, Quintana L, Domingo R, et al. A 1.1-Mb transcript map of the hereditary hemochromatosis locus. Genome Res. 1997;7:441-56 pubmed..1-Mb region may be derived from noncoding genomic DNA. ..
- Ogryzko V, Schiltz R, Russanova V, Howard B, Nakatani Y. The transcriptional coactivators p300 and CBP are histone acetyltransferases. Cell. 1996;87:953-9 pubmed..p300/CBP acetylates all four core histones in nucleosomes. These observations suggest that p300/CBP acetylates nucleosomes in concert with PCAF. ..
- Golebiowski F, Kasprzak K. Inhibition of core histones acetylation by carcinogenic nickel(II). Mol Cell Biochem. 2005;279:133-9 pubmed..The observed effects may contribute to neoplastic transformation of Ni(II)-exposed cells. ..
- Stephenson R, Hosler M, Gavande N, Ghosh A, Weake V. Characterization of a Drosophila ortholog of the Cdc7 kinase: a role for Cdc7 in endoreplication independent of Chiffon. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:1332-47 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we show that Chiffon is a member of an expanding subset of DNA replication initiation factors that are not strictly required for endoreplication in Drosophila. ..
- Sato K, Ishiai M, Toda K, Furukoshi S, Osakabe A, Tachiwana H, et al. Histone chaperone activity of Fanconi anemia proteins, FANCD2 and FANCI, is required for DNA crosslink repair. EMBO J. 2012;31:3524-36 pubmed publisher..Although FANCI by itself lacked nucleosome-assembly activity, it significantly stimulated FANCD2-mediated nucleosome assembly. These observations suggest that FANCD2-FANCI may regulate chromatin dynamics during DNA repair. ..
- Kim J, Guermah M, McGinty R, Lee J, Tang Z, Milne T, et al. RAD6-Mediated transcription-coupled H2B ubiquitylation directly stimulates H3K4 methylation in human cells. Cell. 2009;137:459-71 pubmed publisher..These studies establish the natural H2B ubiquitylation factors in human cells and also detail the mechanistic basis for H2B ubiquitylation and function during transcription. ..
- Segala G, Bennesch M, Pandey D, Hulo N, Picard D. Monoubiquitination of Histone H2B Blocks Eviction of Histone Variant H2A.Z from Inducible Enhancers. Mol Cell. 2016;64:334-346 pubmed publisher..We propose that H2Bub1 acts as a gatekeeper of H2A.Z eviction and activation of inducible enhancers. ..
- Kardalinou E, Eick S, Albig W, Doenecke D. Association of a human H1 histone gene with an H2A pseudogene and genes encoding H2B.1 and H3.1 histones. J Cell Biochem. 1993;52:375-83 pubmed..The same arrangement of an H3 gene, an H2A pseudogene and an H2B gene downstream of an H1 gene has been described within a mouse histone gene cluster [Yang et al.:J Biol Chem 262:17118-17125, 1987; Gruber et al.:Gene 95:303-304, 1990]. ..
- Kalkhoven E, Teunissen H, Houweling A, Verrijzer C, Zantema A. The PHD type zinc finger is an integral part of the CBP acetyltransferase domain. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:1961-70 pubmed..Taken together, our results indicate that the PHD finger forms an integral part of the enzymatic core of the HAT domain of CBP. ..
- Pavri R, Zhu B, Li G, Trojer P, Mandal S, Shilatifard A, et al. Histone H2B monoubiquitination functions cooperatively with FACT to regulate elongation by RNA polymerase II. Cell. 2006;125:703-17 pubmed
- Chen M, Gutierrez G, Ronai Z. The anaphase-promoting complex or cyclosome supports cell survival in response to endoplasmic reticulum stress. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35520 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify APC/C(Cdh1) as a regulator of cell cycle checkpoint and cell survival in response to proteotoxic insults. ..
- Shuaib M, Ouararhni K, Dimitrov S, Hamiche A. HJURP binds CENP-A via a highly conserved N-terminal domain and mediates its deposition at centromeres. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:1349-54 pubmed publisher..Our data identified HJURP as a vertebrate CENP-A chaperone and dissected its mode of interactions with CENP-A. ..
- Bonenfant D, Coulot M, Towbin H, Schindler P, van Oostrum J. Characterization of histone H2A and H2B variants and their post-translational modifications by mass spectrometry. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2006;5:541-52 pubmed..The analysis of core histone subtypes with their modifications provides a first step toward an understanding of the functional significance of the diversity of histone structures. ..
- Ji A, Dao D, Chen J, MacLellan W. EID-2, a novel member of the EID family of p300-binding proteins inhibits transactivation by MyoD. Gene. 2003;318:35-43 pubmed..These data suggest that EID-1 and -2 represent a novel family of proteins that negatively regulate differentiation through a p300-dependent mechanism. ..
- Yamaguchi Y, Kurokawa M, Imai Y, Izutsu K, Asai T, Ichikawa M, et al. AML1 is functionally regulated through p300-mediated acetylation on specific lysine residues. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:15630-8 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that acetylation of AML1 through p300 is a critical manner of posttranslational modification and identify a novel mechanism for regulating the function of AML1. ..
- Cheng I, Chen B, Shuai H, Chien F, Chen P, Hsieh T. Wuho Is a New Member in Maintaining Genome Stability through its Interaction with Flap Endonuclease 1. PLoS Biol. 2016;14:e1002349 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that wh is a new member of the guardians of genome stability because it regulates FEN1's potential DNA cleavage threat near the site of replication. ..
- Båvner A, Johansson L, Toresson G, Gustafsson J, Treuter E. A transcriptional inhibitor targeted by the atypical orphan nuclear receptor SHP. EMBO Rep. 2002;3:478-84 pubmed..We suggest histone acetyltransferases and histones as targets for EID1 action and propose that SHP inhibition of transcription involves EID1 antagonism of CBP/p300-dependent coactivator functions. ..
- Nakamura K, Kato A, Kobayashi J, Yanagihara H, Sakamoto S, Oliveira D, et al. Regulation of homologous recombination by RNF20-dependent H2B ubiquitination. Mol Cell. 2011;41:515-28 pubmed publisher..Finally, the function of RNF20 in HRR can be partially bypassed by forced chromatin relaxation. Thus, the RNF20-mediated H2B ubiquitination at DSBs plays a critical role in HRR through chromatin remodeling. ..
- Zhu B, Zheng Y, Pham A, Mandal S, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, et al. Monoubiquitination of human histone H2B: the factors involved and their roles in HOX gene regulation. Mol Cell. 2005;20:601-11 pubmed..In contrast, RNAi against the RNF20/40 complex or hPAF complex reduces H2B monoubiquitination, lowers methylation levels at H3 lysines 4 and 79, and represses HOX gene expression. ..
- Cheung W, Ajiro K, Samejima K, Kloc M, Cheung P, Mizzen C, et al. Apoptotic phosphorylation of histone H2B is mediated by mammalian sterile twenty kinase. Cell. 2003;113:507-17 pubmed..Our data provide evidence for a potential apoptotic "histone code." ..
- Citterio E, Papait R, Nicassio F, Vecchi M, Gomiero P, Mantovani R, et al. Np95 is a histone-binding protein endowed with ubiquitin ligase activity. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:2526-35 pubmed..Thus, the demonstration that Np95 is a chromatin-associated ubiquitin ligase suggests possible molecular mechanisms for its action as a cell cycle regulator. ..
- Gottschalk A, Timinszky G, Kong S, Jin J, Cai Y, Swanson S, et al. Poly(ADP-ribosyl)ation directs recruitment and activation of an ATP-dependent chromatin remodeler. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:13770-4 pubmed publisher..We propose that poly(ADP-ribosyl)ation of chromatin-associated Parp1 serves as a mechanism for targeting a SNF2 family remodeler to chromatin. ..
- Galasinski S, Louie D, Gloor K, Resing K, Ahn N. Global regulation of post-translational modifications on core histones. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:2579-88 pubmed..These results provide novel evidence that global covalent modifications of chromatin-bound histones are regulated through phosphorylation-dependent mechanisms. ..
- Himpel S, Tegge W, Frank R, Leder S, Joost H, Becker W. Specificity determinants of substrate recognition by the protein kinase DYRK1A. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:2431-8 pubmed..This marked difference in substrate specificity between DYRK1A and ERK2 can be explained by the requirement for an arginine at the P -3 site of DYRK substrates and its presumed interaction with aspartate 247 conserved in all DYRKs. ..
- Borowski P, Heiland M, Oehlmann K, Becker B, Kornetzky L, Feucht H, et al. Non-structural protein 3 of hepatitis C virus inhibits phosphorylation mediated by cAMP-dependent protein kinase. Eur J Biochem. 1996;237:611-8 pubmed..The complex interactions of the NS3 fragments could influence one of the most important signal pathways of the cell and, therefore, could possibly provide new pathological mechanisms for HCV infections of liver...
- Nicassio F, Corrado N, Vissers J, Areces L, Bergink S, Marteijn J, et al. Human USP3 is a chromatin modifier required for S phase progression and genome stability. Curr Biol. 2007;17:1972-7 pubmed..Together, our results implicate USP3 as a novel chromatin modifier in the maintenance of genome integrity. ..
- Seo S, Macfarlan T, McNamara P, Hong R, Mukai Y, Heo S, et al. Regulation of histone acetylation and transcription by nuclear protein pp32, a subunit of the INHAT complex. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:14005-10 pubmed
- Lacoste N, Woolfe A, Tachiwana H, Garea A, Barth T, Cantaloube S, et al. Mislocalization of the centromeric histone variant CenH3/CENP-A in human cells depends on the chaperone DAXX. Mol Cell. 2014;53:631-44 pubmed publisher..Our findings illustrate how changes in histone variant levels can disrupt chromatin dynamics and suggests a possible mechanism for cell resistance to anticancer treatments. ..
- Sarma K, Cifuentes Rojas C, Ergun A, Del Rosario A, Jeon Y, White F, et al. ATRX directs binding of PRC2 to Xist RNA and Polycomb targets. Cell. 2014;159:869-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, ATRX is a required specificity determinant for PRC2 targeting and function. ..