Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HIST1H2AK
Description: histone cluster 1 H2A family member k
Alias: H2A/d, H2AFD, histone H2A type 1, H2A histone family, member D, H2A.1, histone 1, H2ak, histone H2A type 1-J, histone H2A/ptl, histone cluster 1, H2ak
- Boyne M, Pesavento J, Mizzen C, Kelleher N. Precise characterization of human histones in the H2A gene family by top down mass spectrometry. J Proteome Res. 2006;5:248-53 pubmed..This unequivocal identification of H2A forms illustrates the advantages of Top Down Mass Spectrometry and provides a global perspective of H2A regulation through the cell cycle. ..
- Hagiwara T, Hidaka Y, Yamada M. Deimination of histone H2A and H4 at arginine 3 in HL-60 granulocytes. Biochemistry. 2005;44:5827-34 pubmed..These results suggest that PADI4 deiminates only a restricted site of target proteins in cells. Deimination of histones is discussed in relation to chromatin structure and function. ..
- Wang H, Wang L, Erdjument Bromage H, Vidal M, Tempst P, Jones R, et al. Role of histone H2A ubiquitination in Polycomb silencing. Nature. 2004;431:873-8 pubmed..Thus, our studies identify the H2A ubiquitin ligase, and link H2A ubiquitination to Polycomb silencing. ..
- Bergink S, Salomons F, Hoogstraten D, Groothuis T, de Waard H, Wu J, et al. DNA damage triggers nucleotide excision repair-dependent monoubiquitylation of histone H2A. Genes Dev. 2006;20:1343-52 pubmed..Together our data show that monoubiquitylation of H2A forms part of the cellular response to UV damage and suggest a role of this modification in DNA repair-induced chromatin remodeling. ..
- Nicassio F, Corrado N, Vissers J, Areces L, Bergink S, Marteijn J, et al. Human USP3 is a chromatin modifier required for S phase progression and genome stability. Curr Biol. 2007;17:1972-7 pubmed..Together, our results implicate USP3 as a novel chromatin modifier in the maintenance of genome integrity. ..
- Cao R, Tsukada Y, Zhang Y. Role of Bmi-1 and Ring1A in H2A ubiquitylation and Hox gene silencing. Mol Cell. 2005;20:845-54 pubmed..Our results suggest that EZH2-mediated H3-K27 methylation functions upstream of PRC1 and establishes a critical role for Bmi-1 and Ring1A in H2A ubiquitylation and Hox gene silencing. ..