Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HIST1H1A
Description: histone cluster 1 H1 family member a
Alias: H1.1, H1A, H1F1, HIST1, histone H1.1, H1 histone family, member 1, histone 1, H1a, histone H1a, histone cluster 1, H1a
Publications113 found, 100 shown here
- Olsson L, Albitar F, Castor A, Behrendtz M, Biloglav A, Paulsson K, et al. Cooperative genetic changes in pediatric B-cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia with deletions or mutations of IKZF1. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2015;54:315-25 pubmed publisher..Deletions of HIST1, SH2B3, and the pseudoautosomal region (PAR1), associated with deregulation of CRLF2, were more common in Î”..
- Yang G, Zhou C, Wang R, Huang S, Wei Y, Yang X, et al. Base-Editing-Mediated R17H Substitution in Histone H3 Reveals Methylation-Dependent Regulation of Yap Signaling and Early Mouse Embryo Development. Cell Rep. 2019;26:302-312.e4 pubmed publisher..Here, we use rAPOBEC1-XTEN-Cas9n-UGI (BE3) to efficiently introduce a point mutation (R17H) at multiple Hist1/2H3 loci and a premature-stop codon into the catalytic domain of CARM1 in mouse embryos, resulting in remarkable ..
- Parseghian M, Henschen A, Krieglstein K, Hamkalo B. A proposal for a coherent mammalian histone H1 nomenclature correlated with amino acid sequences. Protein Sci. 1994;3:575-87 pubmed..The groupings defined should be useful in correlating the many observations regarding H1 subtypes in the literature. ..
- Bastians H, Townsley F, Ruderman J. The cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27(Kip1) induces N-terminal proteolytic cleavage of cyclin A. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:15374-81 pubmed..We refer to this protease as Tsap (pTwenty-seven- activated protease). ..
- Gyory I, Wu J, Fejer G, Seto E, Wright K. PRDI-BF1 recruits the histone H3 methyltransferase G9a in transcriptional silencing. Nat Immunol. 2004;5:299-308 pubmed..This establishes a mechanism for the recruitment of G9a, the main mammalian euchromatic methyltransferase, and defines nonembryonic targets of G9a. ..
- Iyer N, Xian J, Chin S, Bannister A, Daigo Y, Aparicio S, et al. p300 is required for orderly G1/S transition in human cancer cells. Oncogene. 2007;26:21-9 pubmed..Altogether, these results suggest that p300 has an important role in G1/S control, possibly by modulating RB phosphorylation. ..
- Lee B, Kim C, Moon S. Honokiol causes the p21WAF1-mediated G(1)-phase arrest of the cell cycle through inducing p38 mitogen activated protein kinase in vascular smooth muscle cells. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:5177-84 pubmed..In conclusion, these findings concerning the molecular mechanisms of honokiol in VSMC provides a theoretical basis for clinical approaches to the use therapeutic agents in treating atherosclerosis. ..
- Poon R, Yamashita K, Adamczewski J, Hunt T, Shuttleworth J. The cdc2-related protein p40MO15 is the catalytic subunit of a protein kinase that can activate p33cdk2 and p34cdc2. EMBO J. 1993;12:3123-32 pubmed..We conclude that p40MO15 corresponds to CAK (cdc2/cdk2 activating kinase) and speculate that, like p33cdk2 and p34cdc2, p40MO15 requires activation by phosphorylation and association with a companion subunit. ..
- Baldassarre G, Boccia A, Bruni P, Sandomenico C, Barone M, Pepe S, et al. Retinoic acid induces neuronal differentiation of embryonal carcinoma cells by reducing proteasome-dependent proteolysis of the cyclin-dependent inhibitor p27. Cell Growth Differ. 2000;11:517-26 pubmed..Taken together, these findings demonstrate that in embryonal carcinoma cells, p27 expression is required for growth arrest and proper neuronal differentiation. ..
- Ghiani C, Gallo V. Inhibition of cyclin E-cyclin-dependent kinase 2 complex formation and activity is associated with cell cycle arrest and withdrawal in oligodendrocyte progenitor cells. J Neurosci. 2001;21:1274-82 pubmed..Our results indicate that the cyclin E-cdk2 complex is a major regulator of OP cell cycle progression and that the cdks involved in reversible cell cycle arrest are distinct from those implicated in permanent cell cycle withdrawal. ..
- Doynova M, Markworth J, Cameron Smith D, Vickers M, O Sullivan J. Linkages between changes in the 3D organization of the genome and transcription during myotube differentiation in vitro. Skelet Muscle. 2017;7:5 pubmed publisher..was significant re-structuring and changes in the expression of replication-dependent histone variants within the HIST1 locus...
- Sakaguchi K, Herrera J, Saito S, Miki T, Bustin M, Vassilev A, et al. DNA damage activates p53 through a phosphorylation-acetylation cascade. Genes Dev. 1998;12:2831-41 pubmed..These results suggest that DNA damage enhances p53 activity as a transcription factor in part through carboxy-terminal acetylation that, in turn, is directed by amino-terminal phosphorylation. ..
- Lauper N, Beck A, Cariou S, Richman L, Hofmann K, Reith W, et al. Cyclin E2: a novel CDK2 partner in the late G1 and S phases of the mammalian cell cycle. Oncogene. 1998;17:2637-43 pubmed..We speculate that cyclin E2 is not simply redundant with cyclin E, but may regulate distinct rate-limiting pathway(s) in G1-S control. ..
- Liu Y, Wu C, Galaktionov K. p42, a novel cyclin-dependent kinase-activating kinase in mammalian cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:4507-14 pubmed..Our findings suggest that p42 represents a novel CAK activity in mammalian cells. ..
- Wang X, Wang Z, Tong W, Shen Y. PARP1 Val762Ala polymorphism reduces enzymatic activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;354:122-6 pubmed..This finding suggests that different levels of poly(ADP-ribosyl)ation by PARP1 might aid in understanding the cancer risk of carriers of the PARP1 Val762Ala polymorphism. ..
- Kiviharju af Hällström T, Jäämaa S, Mönkkönen M, Peltonen K, Andersson L, Medema R, et al. Human prostate epithelium lacks Wee1A-mediated DNA damage-induced checkpoint enforcement. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:7211-6 pubmed..The findings show that prostate epithelium has a surprising inability to control checkpoint arrest, the lack of which may predispose to accrual of DNA lesions. ..
- Liu S, Yamauchi H. p27-Associated G1 arrest induced by hinokitiol in human malignant melanoma cells is mediated via down-regulation of pRb, Skp2 ubiquitin ligase, and impairment of Cdk2 function. Cancer Lett. 2009;286:240-9 pubmed publisher..The therapeutic potential of hinokitiol may lead to novel cell-cycle-based anticancer strategies for malignant melanoma. ..
- Kashiwagi K, Nimura K, Ura K, Kaneda Y. DNA methyltransferase 3b preferentially associates with condensed chromatin. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:874-88 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Dnmt3b is preferentially recruited into hypoacetylated and condensed chromatin. We propose that Dnmt3b is a 'reader' of higher-order chromatin structure leading to gene silencing through DNA methylation. ..
- Burfeind P, Hoyer Fender S, Doenecke D, Hochhuth C, Engel W. Expression and chromosomal mapping of the gene encoding the human histone H1.1. Hum Genet. 1994;94:633-9 pubmed..We have confirmed the localization of histone H1.1 to chromosome 6 and have regionally assigned the locus to 6p21.3 by radioactive in situ hybridization. ..
- Sweeney C, Murphy M, Kubelka M, Ravnik S, Hawkins C, Wolgemuth D, et al. A distinct cyclin A is expressed in germ cells in the mouse. Development. 1996;122:53-64 pubmed..These data indicate that mammalian germ cells contain cyclin A1-dependent kinases that either act as a substitute for, or in addition to, the cyclin A2-dependent kinases characterised in somatic tissues. ..
- Zhan Q, Antinore M, Wang X, Carrier F, Smith M, Harris C, et al. Association with Cdc2 and inhibition of Cdc2/Cyclin B1 kinase activity by the p53-regulated protein Gadd45. Oncogene. 1999;18:2892-900 pubmed..Taken together, these results implicate Gadd45 in the control of G2/M cell cycle progression after certain stresses. ..
- Lee S, Kim D, Choi B, Ha H, Kim K. Regulation of p53 by activated protein kinase C-delta during nitric oxide-induced dopaminergic cell death. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:2215-24 pubmed..These findings may be expanded to provide new insight into the cellular mechanisms of Parkinson disease. ..
- Lunn C, Chrivia J, Baldassare J. Activation of Cdk2/Cyclin E complexes is dependent on the origin of replication licensing factor Cdc6 in mammalian cells. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:4533-41 pubmed..Ultimately, this data implicates Cdc6 expression as an important mitogen-induced mechanism in the activation of CDK2/cyclin E, the initiation of DNA synthesis, and the regulation of G1-S phase progression. ..
- Kit Y, Magorivska I, Bilyi R, Myronovskij S, Stoika R. Anti-histone H1 IgGs possess proliferative activity towards human T-leukaemia CEM cells. Exp Oncol. 2017;39:36-41 pubmed..The anti-histone H1 IgGs are shown to internalize human T-leukemia CEM and stimulate their proliferation. These IgGs are polyspecific toward cellular antigens. ..
- Pan Z, Hurwitz J. Reconstitution of cyclin-dependent cdc2 and cdk2 kinase activities in vitro. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:20433-42 pubmed..Thus, cdk2 and cyclin A proteins are components that assemble to yield a kinase complex that catalyzes the phosphorylation of histone H1. ..
- O Connor P, Ferris D, Pagano M, Draetta G, Pines J, Hunter T, et al. G2 delay induced by nitrogen mustard in human cells affects cyclin A/cdk2 and cyclin B1/cdc2-kinase complexes differently. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:8298-308 pubmed..Furthermore, we found that pentoxifylline disrupts the signal transduction pathway that regulates these complexes when damaged DNA is present, resulting in abrogation of cell cycle arrest. ..
- Ezhevsky S, Nagahara H, Vocero Akbani A, Gius D, Wei M, Dowdy S. Hypo-phosphorylation of the retinoblastoma protein (pRb) by cyclin D:Cdk4/6 complexes results in active pRb. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:10699-704 pubmed..We conclude that cyclin D:Cdk4/6 complexes hypo-phosphorylate pRb in early G1 allowing continued E2F binding. ..
- Grimmler M, Wang Y, Mund T, Cilensek Z, Keidel E, Waddell M, et al. Cdk-inhibitory activity and stability of p27Kip1 are directly regulated by oncogenic tyrosine kinases. Cell. 2007;128:269-80 pubmed
- Boutet S, Biressi S, Iori K, Natu V, Rando T. Taf1 regulates Pax3 protein by monoubiquitination in skeletal muscle progenitors. Mol Cell. 2010;40:749-61 pubmed publisher..Finally, these results suggest that the components of the core transcriptional are integrally involved in the process of myogenic differentiation, acting as nodal regulators of the differentiation program. ..
- Aprelikova O, Xiong Y, Liu E. Both p16 and p21 families of cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) inhibitors block the phosphorylation of cyclin-dependent kinases by the CDK-activating kinase. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:18195-7 pubmed..These findings suggest that a general mechanism of CDK inhibitor function is to block the phosphorylation of CDK enzymes by CDK-activating kinase. ..
- Mori S, Murakami Mori K, Bonavida B. Interleukin-6 induces G1 arrest through induction of p27(Kip1), a cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor, and neuron-like morphology in LNCaP prostate tumor cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;257:609-14 pubmed..Since neuroendocrine differentiation is observed in most prostate carcinomas, these findings raise the possibility that IL-6 may be involved in neuroendocrine differentiation in vivo. ..
- Giono L, Manfredi J. Mdm2 is required for inhibition of Cdk2 activity by p21, thereby contributing to p53-dependent cell cycle arrest. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:4166-78 pubmed..Taken together, these results argue that Mdm2 is needed for full inhibition of Cdk2 activity by p21, thereby positively contributing to p53-dependent cell cycle arrest. ..
- Harshman S, Hoover M, Huang C, Branson O, Chaney S, Cheney C, et al. Histone H1 phosphorylation in breast cancer. J Proteome Res. 2014;13:2453-67 pubmed publisher..These results establish the potential for histone H1 phosphorylation at threonine 146 as a clinical biomarker in breast cancer. ..
- Hutchinson J, Cheema M, Wang J, Missiaen K, Finn R, González Romero R, et al. Interaction of chromatin with a histone H1 containing swapped N- and C-terminal domains. Biosci Rep. 2015;35: pubmed publisher..All of this suggests that proper binding of histone H1 to chromatin is determined by the simultaneous and synergistic binding of its WHD-CTD to the nucleosome. ..
- Kim J, Kim Y, Choi H, Kwon A, Jekarl D, Lee S, et al. Ubiquitin C decrement plays a pivotal role in replicative senescence of bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cells. Cell Death Dis. 2018;9:139 pubmed publisher..passaging along with the reduction in series of molecules including hub genes; CDK1, CCNA2, MCM10, E2F1, BRCA1, HIST1H1A and HIST1H3B...
- Okano I, Hiraoka J, Otera H, Nunoue K, Ohashi K, Iwashita S, et al. Identification and characterization of a novel family of serine/threonine kinases containing two N-terminal LIM motifs. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:31321-30 pubmed..A 140-kDa tyrosine-phosphorylated protein (pp140) was co-immunoprecipitated with native LIMK1 form A431 cell lysates; therefore, pp140 may be a LIMK1-associated protein involved in the regulation of LIMK1 function. ..
- Drapkin R, Le Roy G, Cho H, Akoulitchev S, Reinberg D. Human cyclin-dependent kinase-activating kinase exists in three distinct complexes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:6488-93 pubmed..CAK-ERCC2 can efficiently associate with core-TFIIH to reconstitute holo-TFIIH transcription activity. We present evidence proposing a critical role for ERCC2 in mediating the association of CAK with core TFIIH subunits. ..
- Parseghian M, Hamkalo B. A compendium of the histone H1 family of somatic subtypes: an elusive cast of characters and their characteristics. Biochem Cell Biol. 2001;79:289-304 pubmed..Finally, we propose a model that may explain the functional role of H1 heterogeneity in chromatin compaction. ..
- Badea T, Niculescu F, Soane L, Fosbrink M, Sorana H, Rus V, et al. RGC-32 increases p34CDC2 kinase activity and entry of aortic smooth muscle cells into S-phase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:502-8 pubmed..These data indicate that cell cycle activation by C5b-9 may involve p34CDC2 activity through RGC-32. RGC-32 appears to be a cell cycle regulatory factor that mediates cell proliferation, both as an activator and substrate of p34CDC2. ..
- Chang T, Kim M, Ryoo K, Park J, Eom S, Shim J, et al. p57KIP2 modulates stress-activated signaling by inhibiting c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase/stress-activated protein Kinase. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:48092-8 pubmed..Taken together, these findings suggest that p57KIP2 modulates stress-activated signaling by functioning as an endogenous inhibitor of JNK/SAPK. ..
- Rininsland F, Stankewicz C, Weatherford W, McBranch D. High-throughput kinase assays with protein substrates using fluorescent polymer superquenching. BMC Biotechnol. 2005;5:16 pubmed..The platform is robust and allows for identification of inhibitors of kinase activity. ..
- Naderi S, Blomhoff H. Mad1 expression in the absence of differentiation: effect of cAMP on the B-lymphoid cell line Reh. J Cell Physiol. 1999;178:76-84 pubmed..Thus, the increased expression of Mad1 in the absence of differentiation indicates that Mad1 expression in Reh cells is linked to growth arrest per se. ..
- Ciarallo S, Subramaniam V, Hung W, Lee J, Kotchetkov R, Sandhu C, et al. Altered p27(Kip1) phosphorylation, localization, and function in human epithelial cells resistant to transforming growth factor beta-mediated G(1) arrest. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:2993-3002 pubmed..Altered phosphorylation of p27 in the resistant 184A1L5(R) cells may favor the binding of p27 to cyclin D1-cdk4 and prevent its accumulation in cyclin E1-cdk2 in response to TGF-beta. ..
- Loven M, Davis R, Curtis C, Muster N, Yates J, Nardulli A. A novel estrogen receptor alpha-associated protein alters receptor-deoxyribonucleic acid interactions and represses receptor-mediated transcription. Mol Endocrinol. 2004;18:2649-59 pubmed
- O Brien S, Cao H, Nathans R, Ali A, Rana T. P-TEFb kinase complex phosphorylates histone H1 to regulate expression of cellular and HIV-1 genes. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:29713-20 pubmed publisher..We identify histone H1 as a novel P-TEFb substrate, and our results suggest new roles for P-TEFb in both cellular and HIV-1 transcription. ..
- Colas P, Cohen B, Jessen T, Grishina I, McCoy J, Brent R. Genetic selection of peptide aptamers that recognize and inhibit cyclin-dependent kinase 2. Nature. 1996;380:548-50 pubmed
- Dynlacht B, Moberg K, Lees J, Harlow E, Zhu L. Specific regulation of E2F family members by cyclin-dependent kinases. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:3867-75 pubmed..Thus, both enzymatic phosphorylation and stable physical interaction are necessary for the specific regulation of E2F family members by cyclin-dependent kinases. ..
- Xu X, Nakano T, Wick S, Dubay M, Brizuela L. Mechanism of Cdk2/Cyclin E inhibition by p27 and p27 phosphorylation. Biochemistry. 1999;38:8713-22 pubmed
- Tang J, Yang X, Liu X. Phosphorylation of Plk1 at Ser326 regulates its functions during mitotic progression. Oncogene. 2008;27:6635-45 pubmed publisher..Only Plk1-S326E, but not the Plk1-S326A, efficiently rescued the p38 or MK2-depletion-induced mitotic defects, further solidifying the requirement of S326 phosphorylation during mitotic progression. ..
- Zhu D, Dix D, Eddy E. HSP70-2 is required for CDC2 kinase activity in meiosis I of mouse spermatocytes. Development. 1997;124:3007-14 pubmed..These studies provide novel in vivo evidence for a link between an HSP70 molecular chaperone and CDC2 kinase activity essential for the meiotic cell cycle in spermatogenesis. ..
- Giampuzzi M, Oleggini R, Di Donato A. Demonstration of in vitro interaction between tumor suppressor lysyl oxidase and histones H1 and H2: definition of the regions involved. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1647:245-51 pubmed..Our study shows that LOX could actually interact specifically not only with histone H1, but also with histone H2. Mechanisms and significance of these interactions are discussed in detail. ..
- Jelinic P, Stehle J, Shaw P. The testis-specific factor CTCFL cooperates with the protein methyltransferase PRMT7 in H19 imprinting control region methylation. PLoS Biol. 2006;4:e355 pubmed..These results suggest that CTCFL and PRMT7 may play a role in male germline imprinted gene methylation. ..
- Ninios Y, Sekeri Pataryas K, Sourlingas T. Histone H1 subtype preferences of DFF40 and possible nuclear localization of DFF40/45 in normal and trichostatin A-treated NB4 leukemic cells. Apoptosis. 2010;15:128-38 pubmed publisher..These results illustrate for the first time the association of DFF40 with individual H1 subtypes, under a specific apoptotic stimulus in an in vivo cellular context. ..
- Sueoka N, Lee H, Walsh G, Hong W, Kurie J. Posttranslational mechanisms contribute to the suppression of specific cyclin:CDK complexes by all-trans retinoic acid in human bronchial epithelial cells. Cancer Res. 1999;59:3838-44 pubmed
- Richardson R, Batova I, Widgren E, Zheng L, Whitfield M, Marzluff W, et al. Characterization of the histone H1-binding protein, NASP, as a cell cycle-regulated somatic protein. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:30378-86 pubmed..Expression of sNASP mRNA is regulated during the cell cycle and, consistent with a role as a histone transport protein, NASP mRNA expression parallels histone mRNA expression. ..
- Loseva O, Jemth A, Bryant H, Schüler H, Lehtiö L, Karlberg T, et al. PARP-3 is a mono-ADP-ribosylase that activates PARP-1 in the absence of DNA. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:8054-60 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results suggest that the interaction between PARP-1 and PARP-3 is unrelated to DNA single-strand break repair. ..
- Gadad S, Senapati P, Syed S, Rajan R, Shandilya J, Swaminathan V, et al. The multifunctional protein nucleophosmin (NPM1) is a human linker histone H1 chaperone. Biochemistry. 2011;50:2780-9 pubmed publisher..These data identify NPM1 as an important member of the linker histone chaperone family in humans. ..
- Kato K, Okuwaki M, Nagata K. Role of Template Activating Factor-I as a chaperone in linker histone dynamics. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:3254-65 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we propose that TAF-I is a key molecule that regulates linker histone-mediated chromatin assembly and disassembly. ..
- Wu G, Fan R, Li W, Ko T, Brattain M. Modulation of cell cycle control by vitamin D3 and its analogue, EB1089, in human breast cancer cells. Oncogene. 1997;15:1555-63 pubmed..These findings indicate that up-regulation of p21 as well as p27 in some cell types may account for the inactivation of Cdk2 activity and a G1 block of the cell cycle following EB1089 treatment. ..
- Carrier F, Georgel P, Pourquier P, Blake M, Kontny H, Antinore M, et al. Gadd45, a p53-responsive stress protein, modifies DNA accessibility on damaged chromatin. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:1673-85 pubmed..Both histone acetylation and UV radiation are thought to destabilize the nucleosomal structure. Hence, these results imply that Gadd45 can recognize an altered chromatin state and modulate DNA accessibility to cellular proteins. ..
- Cotter M, Robertson E. Modulation of histone acetyltransferase activity through interaction of epstein-barr nuclear antigen 3C with prothymosin alpha. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:5722-35 pubmed
- Choi Y, Ko J, Shin J. The transcriptional corepressor, PELP1, recruits HDAC2 and masks histones using two separate domains. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:50930-41 pubmed..Thus PELP1 promotes and maintains the hypoacetylated state of histones at the target genomic site, and ER binding reverses its role to hyperacetylate histones through an as yet unidentified mechanism. ..
- Thomas D, Johnson S, Sims N, Trivett M, Slavin J, Rubin B, et al. Terminal osteoblast differentiation, mediated by runx2 and p27KIP1, is disrupted in osteosarcoma. J Cell Biol. 2004;167:925-34 pubmed..Physiologic coupling of osteoblast differentiation to cell cycle withdrawal is mediated through runx2 and p27KIP1, and these processes are disrupted in osteosarcoma. ..
- Bae Y, Jung S, Kim G, Rhim H, Kang S. Hip2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme overcomes radiation-induced G2/M arrest. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1833:2911-2921 pubmed publisher..These results contribute to our understanding of the mechanisms that regulate cell cycle progression and DNA damage-induced G2/M checkpoint cellular responses. ..
- Abdouh M, Hanna R, El Hajjar J, Flamier A, Bernier G. The Polycomb Repressive Complex 1 Protein BMI1 Is Required for Constitutive Heterochromatin Formation and Silencing in Mammalian Somatic Cells. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:182-97 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest a dynamic and developmentally regulated model of PRC1 occupancy at constitutive heterochromatin, and where BMI1 function in somatic cells is to stabilize the repetitive genome. ..
- Miao Y, Han X, Zheng L, Xie Y, Mu Y, Yates J, et al. Fimbrin phosphorylation by metaphase Cdk1 regulates actin cable dynamics in budding yeast. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11265 pubmed publisher..Overall, this work identifies fimbrin as a key target for cell cycle regulation of actin cable assembly in budding yeast, and suggests an underlying mechanism. ..
- Gurley L, Valdez J, Buchanan J. Characterization of the mitotic specific phosphorylation site of histone H1. Absence of a consensus sequence for the p34cdc2/cyclin B kinase. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:27653-60 pubmed..These data indicate that this kinase either does not have an obligatory requirement for the consensus sequence in vivo as generally believed or that it is not the enzyme responsible for the mitotic specific H1 phosphorylation. ..
- Higashi H, Suzuki Takahashi I, Saitoh S, Segawa K, Taya Y, Okuyama A, et al. Cyclin-dependent kinase-2 (Cdk2) forms an inactive complex with cyclin D1 since Cdk2 associated with cyclin D1 is not phosphorylated by Cdk7-cyclin-H. Eur J Biochem. 1996;237:460-7 pubmed
- Zhang D, Pasternack M, Beresford P, Wagner L, Greenberg A, Lieberman J. Induction of rapid histone degradation by the cytotoxic T lymphocyte protease Granzyme A. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:3683-90 pubmed..Histone digestion provides a mechanism for unfolding compacted chromatin and facilitating endogenous DNase access to DNA during T cell and natural killer cell granule-mediated apoptosis. ..
- Pan Z, Amin A, Hurwitz J. Characterization of the in vitro reconstituted cyclin A or B1-dependent cdk2 and cdc2 kinase activities. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:20443-51 pubmed..The cyclin-activated cdc2 family kinases may target their cellular substrates through cyclin-mediated protein-protein interactions. ..
- Mandal M, Bandyopadhyay D, Goepfert T, Kumar R. Interferon-induces expression of cyclin-dependent kinase-inhibitors p21WAF1 and p27Kip1 that prevent activation of cyclin-dependent kinase by CDK-activating kinase (CAK). Oncogene. 1998;16:217-25 pubmed..We also demonstrated that IFN-induced CKIs prevent CAK from activating the CDK-2 as immunodepletion of induced CKIs from the inhibitory extracts resulted in the restoration of CAK-mediated activation of CDK-2. ..
- Lever M, Th ng J, Sun X, Hendzel M. Rapid exchange of histone H1.1 on chromatin in living human cells. Nature. 2000;408:873-6 pubmed..Our results show that histone H1 exchange in vivo is rapid, occurs through a soluble intermediate, and is modulated by the phosphorylation of a protein or proteins as yet to be determined. ..
- Fontayne A, Dang P, Gougerot Pocidalo M, El Benna J. Phosphorylation of p47phox sites by PKC alpha, beta II, delta, and zeta: effect on binding to p22phox and on NADPH oxidase activation. Biochemistry. 2002;41:7743-50 pubmed..In addition, phosphorylation of some serines could have an inhibitory effect on oxidase activation. ..
- Sarmento L, Huang H, Limon A, Gordon W, Fernandes J, Tavares M, et al. Notch1 modulates timing of G1-S progression by inducing SKP2 transcription and p27 Kip1 degradation. J Exp Med. 2005;202:157-68 pubmed
- Song M, Carracedo A, Salmena L, Song S, Egia A, Malumbres M, et al. Nuclear PTEN regulates the APC-CDH1 tumor-suppressive complex in a phosphatase-independent manner. Cell. 2011;144:187-99 pubmed publisher..This finding identifies a strategy for cancer patient stratification and, thus, optimization of targeted therapies. PAPERCLIP: ..
- Zhang W, Zhou J, Zhou T, Li A, Wang N, Xu J, et al. Phosphorylation-triggered CUEDC2 degradation promotes UV-induced G1 arrest through APC/C(Cdh1) regulation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:11017-22 pubmed publisher..Expression of this stable mutant effectively overrides UV-induced G1-S block. These results establish CUEDC2 as an APC/C(Cdh1) inhibitor and indicate that regulated CUEDC2 degradation is critical for UV-induced G1 arrest. ..
- Du Clos T, Zlock L, Marnell L. Definition of a C-reactive protein binding determinant on histones. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:2167-71 pubmed..Thus we have defined the first reported CRP binding determinant on a protein. ..
- Kim C, Yun N, Lee J, Youdim M, Ju C, Kim W, et al. Phosphorylation of CHIP at Ser20 by Cdk5 promotes tAIF-mediated neuronal death. Cell Death Differ. 2016;23:333-46 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that Cdk5-mediated phosphorylation of CHIP negatively regulates its neuroprotective function, thereby contributing to neuronal cell death progression following neurotoxic stimuli. ..
- Min B, Cho S, Park J, Jeon K, Kang Y. The HIST1 Locus Escapes Reprogramming in Cloned Bovine Embryos. G3 (Bethesda). 2016;6:1365-71 pubmed publisher..We observed that histone genes residing in the 1.5 Mb spanning the cow HIST1 cluster were coordinately downregulated in SCNT blastocysts...
- Citterio E, Papait R, Nicassio F, Vecchi M, Gomiero P, Mantovani R, et al. Np95 is a histone-binding protein endowed with ubiquitin ligase activity. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:2526-35 pubmed..Thus, the demonstration that Np95 is a chromatin-associated ubiquitin ligase suggests possible molecular mechanisms for its action as a cell cycle regulator. ..
- Squatrito M, Mancino M, Donzelli M, Areces L, Draetta G. EBP1 is a nucleolar growth-regulating protein that is part of pre-ribosomal ribonucleoprotein complexes. Oncogene. 2004;23:4454-65 pubmed..Our findings indicate that EBP1 is a nucleolar growth-regulating protein, and we propose that it could represent a new link between ribosome biosynthesis and cell proliferation. ..
- Cohen Armon M, Visochek L, Katzoff A, Levitan D, Susswein A, Klein R, et al. Long-term memory requires polyADP-ribosylation. Science. 2004;304:1820-2 pubmed..We suggest that fast and transient decondensation of chromatin structure by polyADP-ribosylation enables the transcription needed to form long-term memory without strand breaks in DNA. ..
- Guidoboni M, Zancai P, Cariati R, Rizzo S, Dal Col J, Pavan A, et al. Retinoic acid inhibits the proliferative response induced by CD40 activation and interleukin-4 in mantle cell lymphoma. Cancer Res. 2005;65:587-95 pubmed
- Li A, Yu Y, Lee S, Ishibashi T, Lees Miller S, Ausio J. Phosphorylation of histone H2A.X by DNA-dependent protein kinase is not affected by core histone acetylation, but it alters nucleosome stability and histone H1 binding. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:17778-88 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that although H2A.X does not affect nucleosome conformation, it has a de-stabilizing effect that is enhanced by the DNA-PK-mediated phosphorylation and results in an impaired histone H1 binding. ..
- Talbert P, Ahmad K, Almouzni G, AusiÃ³ J, Berger F, Bhalla P, et al. A unified phylogeny-based nomenclature for histone variants. Epigenetics Chromatin. 2012;5:7 pubmed publisher..For clarity and searchability, we encourage the use of descriptors that are separate from the phylogeny-based variant name to indicate developmental and other properties of variants that may be independent of structure. ..
- Musgrove E, Sarcevic B, Sutherland R. Inducible expression of cyclin D1 in T-47D human breast cancer cells is sufficient for Cdk2 activation and pRB hyperphosphorylation. J Cell Biochem. 1996;60:363-78 pubmed..These data show that cyclin D1 induction is sufficient for Cdk2 activation and pRB hyperphosphorylation in T-47D human breast cancer cells, providing evidence that cyclin D1 induction is a critical event in G1 phase progression. ..
- Ko S, Lee I, Kim J, Kim S, Kim D, Lee K, et al. Regulation of histone acetyltransferase activity of p300 and PCAF by proto-oncogene protein DEK. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:3217-22 pubmed..Collectively, our data illustrate the important regulatory role played by protein DEK in transcriptional regulation, and suggest that transcription-regulating acidic domain regions may play a role in leukemogenesis. ..