Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HINFP
Description: histone H4 transcription factor
Alias: HiNF-P, MIZF, ZNF743, histone H4 transcription factor, MBD2 (methyl-CpG-binding protein)-interacting zinc finger protein, MBD2-interacting zinc finger 1, MBD2-interacting zinc finger protein, histone H4 gene-specific protein HiNF-P, histone nuclear factor P, methyl-CpG-binding protein 2-interacting zinc finger protein
- Aziz F, van Wijnen A, Vaughan P, Wu S, Shakoori A, Lian J, et al. The integrated activities of IRF-2 (HiNF-M), CDP/cut (HiNF-D) and H4TF-2 (HiNF-P) regulate transcription of a cell cycle controlled human histone H4 gene: mechanistic differences between distinct H4 genes. Mol Biol Rep. 1998;25:1-12 pubmed..Variations in Site II sequences among different H4 genes may accommodate differential regulation of H4 gene expression in cells and tissues with unique phenotypic properties. ..
- Medina R, Van Wijnen A, Stein G, Stein J. The histone gene transcription factor HiNF-P stabilizes its cell cycle regulatory co-activator p220NPAT. Biochemistry. 2006;45:15915-20 pubmed..The HiNF-P-dependent stabilization of p220NPAT may reinforce signaling through the cyclin E/CDK2/p220NPAT pathway and contribute to coordinate control of histone gene expression. ..
- Jeon B, Kim M, Yoon J, Kim M, An H, Noh H, et al. Two ZNF509 (ZBTB49) isoforms induce cell-cycle arrest by activating transcription of p21/CDKN1A and RB upon exposure to genotoxic stress. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:11447-61 pubmed publisher..In contrast, ZNF509S1 binds to the distal RB promoter to interact and interfere with the MIZF repressor, resulting in derepression and transcription of RB...
- Mitra P, Xie R, Harper J, Stein J, Stein G, Van Wijnen A. HiNF-P is a bifunctional regulator of cell cycle controlled histone H4 gene transcription. J Cell Biochem. 2007;101:181-91 pubmed..beyond the G1/S phase transition requires the activation of a transcription complex containing histone nuclear factor P (HiNF-P) and nuclear protein mapped to ataxia telangiectasia (p220(NPAT)) in response to cyclin dependent ..
- Li H, Liu J. The novel function of HINFP as a co-activator in sterol-regulated transcription of PCSK9 in HepG2 cells. Biochem J. 2012;443:757-68 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we have identified a novel HINFP (histone nuclear factor P) recognition motif residing between the HNF1 motif and SRE that is essential for basal and sterol-..
- Mitra P, Ghule P, van der Deen M, Medina R, Xie R, Holmes W, et al. CDK inhibitors selectively diminish cell cycle controlled activation of the histone H4 gene promoter by p220NPAT and HiNF-P. J Cell Physiol. 2009;219:438-48 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CKIs selectively control stimulation of the histone H4 gene promoter by the p220(NPAT)/HiNF-P complex. ..
- Medina R, van der Deen M, Miele Chamberland A, Xie R, Van Wijnen A, Stein J, et al. The HiNF-P/p220NPAT cell cycle signaling pathway controls nonhistone target genes. Cancer Res. 2007;67:10334-42 pubmed..We conclude that, in addition to histone genes, HiNF-P also regulates expression of nonhistone targets that influence competency for cell cycle progression. ..
- Sekimata M, Homma Y. Regulation of Rb gene expression by an MBD2-interacting zinc finger protein MIZF during myogenic differentiation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;325:653-9 pubmed..We recently demonstrated that transcription of the Rb gene is repressed by MIZF, previously characterized as an MBD2-binding partner...
- Fujita H, Fujii R, Aratani S, Amano T, Fukamizu A, Nakajima T. Antithetic effects of MBD2a on gene regulation. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:2645-57 pubmed..Interestingly, coimmunoprecipitation assays demonstrated that MBD2a binding to RHA was not associated with histone deacetylase 1. Our results indicate a novel role for MBD2a in gene regulation. ..
- Sekimata M, Takahashi A, Murakami Sekimata A, Homma Y. Involvement of a novel zinc finger protein, MIZF, in transcriptional repression by interacting with a methyl-CpG-binding protein, MBD2. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:42632-8 pubmed..Using MBD2 as bait, we isolated a novel zinc finger protein, referred to as MIZF. A direct interaction between MBD2 and MIZF was confirmed by in vitro binding assays and immunoprecipitation ..