Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HES1
Description: hes family bHLH transcription factor 1
Alias: HES-1, HHL, HRY, bHLHb39, transcription factor HES-1, class B basic helix-loop-helix protein 39, hairy homolog, hairy-like protein
Publications335 found, 100 shown here
- Notch-1 regulates pulmonary neuroendocrine cell differentiation in cell lines and in transgenic miceLin Shan
Department of Pathology, Children s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 292:L500-9. 2007..mRNA for Hes1, a transcription factor downstream from activated Notch, is also decreased by Notch-1 antisense in H82 but not H526...
- HES-1 is involved in adaptation of adult human beta-cells to proliferation in vitroYael Bar
Department of Human Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
Diabetes 57:2413-20. 2008..Here, we investigated the role of the NOTCH signaling pathway in beta-cell dedifferentiation and proliferation in vitro...
- Molecular interaction between TLE1 and the carboxyl-terminal domain of HES-1 containing the WRPW motifD Grbavec
Center for Neuronal Survival, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Quebec, Canada
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 223:701-5. 1996..These results show that Groucho/TLE proteins and Hairy-like/HES proteins are involved in similar interactions in Drosophila and mammals and further suggest that these proteins perform conserved cellular functions...
- Hes-6, an inhibitor of Hes-1, is regulated by 17beta-estradiol and promotes breast cancer cell proliferationJohan Hartman
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, Nobels väg 5, Solna Alfred Nobels Allé 8, 141 57 Huddinge, Sweden
Breast Cancer Res 11:R79. 2009..In this study, we investigated the function of Hes-6 in breast cancer and tested the hypothesis that Hes-6 enhances breast cancer cell proliferation and is regulated by estrogen...
- Human homolog of Drosophila Hairy and enhancer of split 1, Hes1, negatively regulates δ-catenin (CTNND2) expression in cooperation with E2F1 in prostate cancerJian Ping Lu
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27834, USA
Mol Cancer 9:304. 2010..To address this question, we studied the hypothesis that Hes1, human homolog of Drosophila Hairy and enhancer of split (Hes) 1, is a transcriptional repressor of δ-catenin ..
- The putative tumor suppressor miR-524-5p directly targets Jagged-1 and Hes-1 in gliomaLingchao Chen
Department of Neurosurgery, Tianjin Medical University General Hospital, Laboratory of Neuro Oncology, Tianjin Neurological Institute, Tianjin 300052, China
Carcinogenesis 33:2276-82. 2012..Thus, we have identified that miR-524-5p behaves as a tumor suppressor by negatively targeting Jagged-1 and Hes-1 and provides an additional option to inhibit this oncogene in gliomas...
- The fanconi anemia core complex acts as a transcriptional co-regulator in hairy enhancer of split 1 signalingCédric S Tremblay
Department of Centre Hospitalier de l Université Laval, Universite Laval, Québec GIV 4G2, Canada
J Biol Chem 284:13384-95. 2009..we reported that the FA core complex interacts with the transcriptional repressor Hairy Enhancer of Split 1 (HES1) suggesting that the core complex plays a role in transcription...
- HES-1 preserves purified hematopoietic stem cells ex vivo and accumulates side population cells in vivoAtsushi Kunisato
Departments of Hematology and Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine, and Cell Therapy and Transplantation Medicine, University of Tokyo Hospital, University of Tokyo, Japan
Blood 101:1777-83. 2003..Up-regulation of HES-1 protein in the 34-KSL population before unnecessary cell division, that is, without retrovirus transduction, may represent a potent approach to absolute expansion of hematopoietic stem cells...
- HES-1, a novel target gene for the aryl hydrocarbon receptorJane Sohn Thomsen
Department of Biosciences at Novum, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge, Sweden
Mol Pharmacol 65:165-71. 2004..Our observation that both the estrogen receptor and AhR signaling pathways regulate HES-1, but with opposing effects, suggests the existence of a new pathway by which AhR represses E2-signaling...
- Estrogen-dependent downregulation of hairy and enhancer of split homolog-1 gene expression in breast cancer cells is mediated via a 3' distal elementPatrick Muller
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge, Sweden
J Endocrinol 200:311-9. 2009..Our findings are consistent with a novel type of repressive estrogen response element in the distal 3' region of the HES-1 gene...
- Structure, chromosomal locus, and promoter analysis of the gene encoding the mouse helix-loop-helix factor HES-1. Negative autoregulation through the multiple N box elementsK Takebayashi
Institute for Immunology, Kyoto University Faculty of Medicine, Japan
J Biol Chem 269:5150-6. 1994..Furthermore, when the N box sequences are disrupted, this negative regulation is severely impaired. These results raise the possibility that HES-1 gene expression may be negatively autoregulated through the N box sequences...
- The winged-helix protein brain factor 1 interacts with groucho and hes proteins to repress transcriptionJ Yao
Center for Neuronal Survival, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3A 2B4, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 21:1962-72. 2001..demonstration that Groucho mediates a specific interaction between BF-1 and the basic helix-loop-helix protein Hes1 and that BF-1 potentiates transcriptional repression by Hes1 in a Groucho-dependent manner...
- Notch signals inhibit the development of erythroid/megakaryocytic cells by suppressing GATA-1 activity through the induction of HES1Eri Ishiko
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2, Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:4929-39. 2005..As for this mechanism, Notch1/recombination signal binding protein J-kappa-induced HES1 but not HES5 was found to inhibit the function of an erythroid/megakaryocytic lineage-specific transcription factor ..
- Mediation of NGF signaling by post-translational inhibition of HES-1, a basic helix-loop-helix repressor of neuronal differentiationA Strom
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Cornell University Medical College, New York, New York 10021, USA
Genes Dev 11:3168-81. 1997..These results suggest that post-translational inhibition of HES-1 is both essential for and partially mediates the induction of neurite outgrowth by NGF signaling...
- The bHLH gene Hes6, an inhibitor of Hes1, promotes neuronal differentiationS Bae
Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Shogoin Kawahara, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Development 127:2933-43. 2000..Hes6 is expressed by both undifferentiated and differentiated cells, unlike Hes1, which is expressed only by the former cells...
- HERP, a novel heterodimer partner of HES/E(spl) in Notch signalingT Iso
Institute for Genetic Medicine, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 9075, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:6080-9. 2001..Thus, Notch signaling relies on cooperation between HES and HERP, two transcriptional repressors with distinctive repression mechanisms which, either as homo- or as heterodimers, regulate target gene expression...
- Expression of differentiation associated protein Hes1 and Hes5 in cervical squamous carcinoma and its precursorsJ Liu
Women s Reproductive Health Key Laboratory of Zhejiang Province, China
Int J Gynecol Cancer 17:1293-9. 2007Hairy and Enhancer-of-split homologues 1 and 5 (Hes1 and Hes5) are the basic helix-loop-helix transcriptional factors that negatively regulate the cell differentiation during embryogenesis...
- HES1 is a novel interactor of the Fanconi anemia core complexCédric S Tremblay
Unité de Recherche en Pédiatrie, Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier de l Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Blood 112:2062-70. 2008..pathway through a direct protein-protein interaction between the FA core complex and the hairy enhancer of split 1 (HES1). HES1 interaction with FA core complex members is dependent on a functional FA pathway...
- SOX9 mediates the retinoic acid-induced HES-1 gene expression in human breast cancer cellsPatrick Muller
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, Novum, 141 57, Huddinge, Sweden
Breast Cancer Res Treat 120:317-26. 2010..Taken together, we present here a novel transcriptional mechanism in regulating hormone-dependent cancer cell proliferation...
- Potential role of Notch1 signaling pathway in laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma cell line Hep-2 involving proliferation inhibition, cell cycle arrest, cell apoptosis, and cell migrationJing Jiao
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, Henan 450052, P R China
Oncol Rep 22:815-23. 2009..that Notch1 signaling pathway was activated in laryngeal carcinoma accompanied with up-regulation of Notch1 and Hes1 expression...
- The expressions of bHLH gene HES1 and HES5 in advanced ovarian serous adenocarcinomas and their prognostic significance: a retrospective clinical studyXinyu Wang
Women s Reproductive Health Laboratory of Zhejiang Province, Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Women s Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, 310006 Hangzhou, China
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 136:989-96. 2010..The aim of the study is to investigate significance of the expression of HES1/HES5 protein, downstream effectors of Notch, in prognosis of the patients with advanced ovarian epithelial cancers.
- The Notch target Hes1 directly modulates Gli1 expression and Hedgehog signaling: a potential mechanism of therapeutic resistanceKarisa C Schreck
Department of Neuroscience, Institute for Cell Engineering, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:6060-70. 2010..We investigated whether brain tumors show resistance to therapies against Notch, and whether targeting multiple pathways simultaneously would kill brain tumor cells more effectively than monotherapy...
- Notch/HES1-mediated PARP1 activation: a cell type-specific mechanism for tumor suppressionSankaranarayanan Kannan
Division of Pediatrics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Blood 117:2891-900. 2011..The Notch target Hairy/Enhancer of Split1 (HES1) is sufficient to reproduce this tumor suppressor phenotype in B-ALL; however, the mechanism is not yet known...
- Notch1-Hes1 signalling axis in the tumourigenesis of biliary neuroendocrine tumoursKenichi Harada
Department of Human Pathology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medicine, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
J Clin Pathol 66:386-91. 2013..In this study, the role of the Notch1-Hes1 signalling axis in the histogenesis of biliary NETs was examined.
- Hes6 promotes cortical neurogenesis and inhibits Hes1 transcription repression activity by multiple mechanismsMichel Olivier Gratton
Center for Neuronal Survival, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3A 2B4, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 23:6922-35. 2003b>Hes1 is a mammalian basic helix-loop-helix transcriptional repressor that inhibits neuronal differentiation together with corepressors of the Groucho (Gro)/Transducin-like Enhancer of split (TLE) family...
- HES-1 inhibits 17beta-estradiol and heregulin-beta1-mediated upregulation of E2F-1Johan Hartman
Center for Biotechnology, Department of Biosciences, Karolinska Institutet, Novum, S 141 57 Huddinge Sweden
Oncogene 23:8826-33. 2004....
- Lack of nuclear expression of hairy and enhancer of split-1 (HES1) in pancreatic endocrine tumorsT Johansson
Department of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Horm Metab Res 40:354-9. 2008..We investigated the expression of NOTCH1, HES1, HEY1 and ASCL1 in pancreatic endocrine tumors and compared the data to tumor phenotype including hormone ..
- Control of the reversibility of cellular quiescence by the transcriptional repressor HES1Liyun Sang
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Science 321:1095-100. 2008..Increased expression of the gene encoding the basic helix-loop-helix protein HES1 was required for quiescence to be reversible, because HES1 prevented both premature senescence and inappropriate ..
- [Expression pattern and clinical significance of hairy enhancer of split 1 in colorectal cancer]Hei ying Jin
Nanjing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Jiangsu Integrated Colorectal Oncology Center, Nanjing, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 91:2891-4. 2011To explore the roles of hairy enhancer of split 1 (Hes1) gene in colorectal cancer and analyze its clinical significance.
- Ubiquilin-1 is a novel HASH-1-complexing protein that regulates levels of neuronal bHLH transcription factors in human neuroblastoma cellsPaula Persson
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Molecular Medicine, Lund University, University Hospital MAS, S 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Int J Oncol 25:1213-21. 2004..These results indicate that ubiquilin-1 plays an active role in the precise regulation of HASH-1 and of other tissue-specific bHLH proteins...
- Quorum sensing signal molecules (acylated homoserine lactones) in gram-negative fish pathogenic bacteriaJesper B Bruhn
Danish Institute for Fisheries Research, Department of Seafood Research, Søltoft Plads c o Technical University of Denmark bldg 221, 2800 Kgs Lyngby, Denmark
Dis Aquat Organ 65:43-52. 2005..Aeromonas species produced N-butanoyl homoserine lactone (BHL) and N-hexanoyl homoserine lactone (HHL) and 1 additional product, whereas N-3-oxo-hexanoyl homoserine lactone (OHHL) and HHL were detected in Vibrio ..
- [Expression changes of Notch-related genes during the differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells into neurons]Ying Xing
The Stem Cells Research Center, China
Sheng Li Xue Bao 59:267-72. 2007..involved in the Notch pathway such as Notch1, Jagged 1 (JAG1), presenilin 1 (PS1) and hairy and enhancer of split 1(HES1) were observed by RT-PCR and immunofluorescent techniques...
- The effects of crystalloid and colloid preload on cardiac output in the parturient undergoing planned cesarean delivery under spinal anesthesia: a randomized trialPerumal Tamilselvan
Department of Anesthesia, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow, UK
Anesth Analg 109:1916-21. 2009..We hypothesized that colloid solutions, compared with crystalloid, would produce the largest increase in CO and have the lowest incidence of hypotension...
- Effects of natural and chemically synthesized furanones on quorum sensing in Chromobacterium violaceumDaniel Martinelli
University of Zurich, Institut für Umweltwissenschaften, Winterthurerstrasse 190, 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
BMC Microbiol 4:25. 2004..violaceum CV026? 3) Do these compounds inhibit violacein formation induced by the addition of the natural inducer N-hexanoylhomoserine lactone (HHL)? 4) Do these compounds enhance violacein formation in presence of HHL?
- Comparison of 2 surgical approaches for volar locking plate osteosynthesis of the distal radiusThomas Lattmann
Department of Surgery, Division of Trauma and Hand Surgery, Stadtspital Triemli, Zurich, Switzerland
J Hand Surg Am 33:1135-43. 2008....
- Characterization of the Erwinia chrysanthemi expI-expR locus directing the synthesis of two N-acyl-homoserine lactone signal moleculesW Nasser
Laboratoire de Génétique Moléculaire des Microorganismes et des Interactions Cellulaires, UMR CNRS 5577, INSA, Villeurbanne, France
Mol Microbiol 29:1391-405. 1998..lactone (OHHL), and the two others were supposed to be N (hexanoyl)-homoserine lactone (HHL) and N-(decanoyl)-homoserine lactone (DHL)...
- Chitinolytic activity in Chromobacterium violaceum: substrate analysis and regulation by quorum sensingL S Chernin
The Otto Warburg Center for Biotechnology in Agriculture and the Department of Plant Pathology and Microbiology, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot 76100, Israel
J Bacteriol 180:4435-41. 1998..antibiotics, and exoproteases are known to be regulated by the endogenous AHL N-hexanoyl-L-homoserine lactone (HHL). In this study we show that C...
- Notch-associated gene expression in embryonic and adult taste papillae and taste buds suggests a role in taste cell lineage decisionsYuji Seta
Department of Cellular and Structural Biology and the Rocky Mountain Taste and Smell Center, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
J Comp Neurol 464:49-61. 2003..Notch receptors, their ligands, Delta-like 1 (Dll-1), Jagged1, and Jagged2, as well as three transcription factors, Hes1, Hes6, and Mash1, are expressed in the embryonic taste epithelium...
- The role of notch signaling in the development of intrahepatic bile ductsYuzo Kodama
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Gastroenterology 127:1775-86. 2004..The mechanism underlying the contribution of the Notch signaling pathway to IHBD formation, however, remains unknown. Here we investigated the role of Notch signaling in IHBD development...
- Bovine anterior pituitary progenitor cell line expresses interleukin (IL)-18 and IL-18 receptorY Nagai
Laboratory of Functional Morphology, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Aoba ku, Sendai, Japan
J Neuroendocrinol 20:1233-41. 2008..also expressed the mRNAs for the stem/progenitor cell- related factors such as Nanog, Oct-4, Ptch1, Nestin, Notch1, Hes1, Lrp and Fzd4, and the mRNAs for embryonic pituitary-related factors, such as Lhx3, PitX1 and Pit-1...
- Notch signalling is required for the survival of epithelial stem cells in the continuously growing mouse incisorSzabolcs Felszeghy
Developmental Biology Program, Institute of Biotechnology, Viikki Biocenter, University of Helsinki, Finland
Differentiation 80:241-8. 2010..Notch1, -2, as well as the Notch target gene Hes1 are expressed in the putative stem cells in the continuously growing mouse incisors, but so far there has not been ..
- Erythrocyte-associated transients in capillary PO2: an isovolemic hemodilution study in the rat spinotrapezius muscleMatthew C Barker
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Virginia Campus, Virginia Commonwealth University, 1101 E Marshall Street, PO Box 980551, Richmond, VA 23298 0551, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H2540-9. 2007..of the rat spinotrapezius muscle at the following systemic hematocrits (Hct(sys)): normal (39%) and after moderate (HES1; 27%) or severe (HES2; 15%) isovolemic hemodilution using a 6% hetastarch solution...
- Hes1 regulates formations of the hypophyseal pars tuberalis and the hypothalamusMinekatsu Akimoto
Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
Cell Tissue Res 340:509-21. 2010..We investigated the Hes1 function in outgrowth and differentiation of the pars tuberalis by using the markers for the pars tuberalis...
- Lunatic fringe, FGF, and BMP regulate the Notch pathway during epithelial morphogenesis of teethTuija Mustonen
Institute of Biotechnology, Viikki Biocenter, University of Helsinki, Helsinki FIN 00014, Finland
Dev Biol 248:281-93. 2002..expression domains overlapped only partly with the expression of Notch1 and Notch2, which were coexpressed with Hes1. We examined the regulation of Lunatic fringe and Hes1 in cultured explants of dental epithelium...
- IgA1 is the premier serum glycoprotein recognized by human galectin-1 since T antigen (Galbeta1-->3GalNAc-) is far superior to non-repeating N-acetyl lactosamine as ligandS R Sangeetha
Division of Biochemistry, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram 695011, India
Int J Biol Macromol 35:269-76. 2005Human heart galectin-1 (HHL) was separated by high pressure liquid chromatography from endogenous glycoproteins co-purified with it during affinity chromatography...
- High glucose alters the expression of genes involved in proliferation and cell-fate specification of embryonic neural stem cellsJ Fu
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, Department of Anatomy, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Diabetologia 49:1027-38. 2006....
- Pulmonary epithelial cell differentiation in the nitrofen-induced congenital diaphragmatic herniaMarta Santos
Life and Health Sciences Research Institute ICVS, School of Health Sciences, University of Minho, 4709 057 Braga, Portugal
J Pediatr Surg 42:1231-7. 2007..lung, an intricate cross talk between Notch pathway and basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors Mash1 and Hes1 determines the balance between endocrine and nonendocrine epithelial cell fate...
- Repression of chondrogenesis through binding of notch signaling proteins HES-1 and HEY-1 to N-box domains in the COL2A1 enhancer siteShawn P Grogan
Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California, USA
Arthritis Rheum 58:2754-63. 2008..Notch signaling is implicated in the repression of mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) chondrogenic differentiation. The purpose of this study was to examine the mechanism of this repression and how it is modulated to permit chondrogenesis...
- How the NOTCH pathway contributes to the ability of osteosarcoma cells to metastasizeDennis P M Hughes
Children s Cancer Hospital, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
Cancer Treat Res 152:479-96. 2009..the ability to metastasize have higher levels of Notch 1, Notch 2, the Notch ligand DLL1 and the Notch-induced gene Hes1. When invasive osteosarcoma cells are treated with small molecule inhibitors of gamma-secretase, which blocks Notch ..
- Gene expression abnormalities and oligodendrocyte deficits in the internal capsule in schizophreniaDavid Kerns
J J Peters VA Medical Center, 130 West Kingsbridge Ave, Bronx, New York, NY 10468, USA
Schizophr Res 120:150-8. 2010..and p57(Kip2)), with DNA replication and repair (PCNA), apoptosis (CASP3), or the Notch signaling pathway (JAG1, HES1, HES5, andDTX1). The Notch pathway influences whether Ol precursors continue to proliferate or exit the cell cycle...
- Remodeling the exocrine pancreas at metamorphosis in Xenopus laevisSandeep Mukhi
Department of Embryology, Carnegie Institution, 3520 San Martin Drive, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:8962-7. 2008..The TH-dependent dedifferentiation of the tadpole acinar cells at climax is a necessary step in the formation of a mature frog pancreas...
- Colorimetric, high-throughput assay for screening Angiotensin I-converting enzyme inhibitorsV K Jimsheena
Department of Protein Chemistry and Technology, Central Food Technological Research Institute, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Mysore 570 020, India
Anal Chem 81:9388-94. 2009..HA) was transformed into a rapid ACE assay wherein the released HA from the substrate hippuryl-histidyl-leucine (HHL) is mixed with pyridine and benzene sulfonyl chloride...
- The amino acid sequences of the carboxyl termini of human and mouse hepatic lipase influence cell surface associationRobert J Brown
Lipoprotein and Atherosclerosis Research Group, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Lipid Res 44:1306-14. 2003Human hepatic lipase (hHL) mainly exists cell surface bound, whereas mouse HL (mHL) circulates in the blood stream. Studies have suggested that the carboxyl terminus of HL mediates cell surface binding...
- Hes1-deficient mice show precocious differentiation of Paneth cells in the small intestineKatsumasa Suzuki
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 328:348-52. 2005We have previously shown that Hes1 is expressed both in putative epithelial stem cells just above Paneth cells and in the crypt base columnar cells between Paneth cells, while Hes1 is completely absent in Paneth cells...
- Novel role for SLPI in MOG-induced EAE revealed by spinal cord expression analysisAndre M Mueller
Department of Neurology, University of Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
J Neuroinflammation 5:20. 2008....
- Isolation of a human gene (HES1) with homology to an Escherichia coli and a zebrafish protein that maps to chromosome 21q22.3H S Scott
Department of Genetics and Microbiology, University of Geneva Medical School, Switzerland
Hum Genet 99:616-23. 1997..7 kb with an open reading frame of 268 amino acids. The mRNA from this gene, termed HES1, is ubiquitously expressed, but strongly so in heart and skeletal muscle...
- Hes1 but not Hes5 regulates an astrocyte versus oligodendrocyte fate choice in glial restricted precursorsYuanyuan Wu
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Dev Dyn 226:675-89. 2003..precursor cells (GRPs) and subsequently GRPs to oligodendrocytes and astrocytes, we have examined the effects of Hes1 and Hes5 on glial differentiation...
- Recapitulation of elements of embryonic development in adult mouse pancreatic regenerationJan Nygaard Jensen
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, U Colorado, HSC, 4200 E 9th Avenue, B140, Denver, Colorado 80262 USA
Gastroenterology 128:728-41. 2005..To define cell differentiation changes associated with pancreatic regeneration in adult mice, we compared regeneration following caerulein-induced pancreatitis to that of normal pancreatic development...
- Indirect regulation of presenilins in CREB-mediated transcriptionHirotaka Watanabe
Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 284:13705-13. 2009..PS-deficient mouse embryonic fibroblasts (MEFs), and found that both CREB-mediated transcription and Notch-mediated HES1 transcription are decreased...
- Notch activation is associated with tetraploidy and enhanced chromosomal instability in meningiomasGilson S Baia
Brain Tumor Research Center, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Neoplasia 10:604-12. 2008..Here, we report that exogenous expression of the Notch pathway effector, HES1, is associated with tetraploid cells in meningioma cell lines...
- Differential effect of combined lipase deficiency (cld/cld) on human hepatic lipase and lipoprotein lipase secretionJ C Boedeker
Center for Human Nutrition, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9046, USA
J Lipid Res 42:1858-64. 2001..In this study we investigated the effect of cld on the secretion of human HL (hHL) protein mass and activity...
- [Negative regulation on PCA production is not correlated with positive regulation on BHL and HHL synthesis by gacA in Pseudomonas sp. M18]Xiang Yong Tang
School of Life Science and Biotechnology, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 200240, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 46:478-81. 2006..M18. They were: N-butyryl-L-homoserine lactone(C4-HSL, BHL), N-hexanoyl-L-homoserine lactone(C6-HSL, HHL), N-(3-oxohexanoyl)-L-homoserine lactone(3-Oxo-C6-HSL, OHHL), N-(3-oxooctanoyl)-L-homoserine lactone (3-Oxo-C8-HSL, ..
- Genetic elements regulating HES-1 induction in Wnt-1-transformed PC12 cellsP S Issack
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biochemistry and Kaplan Cancer Center, New York University Medical Center, New York 10016, USA
Cell Growth Differ 9:827-36. 1998..One element binds Wnt-1-induced protein complexes in a sequence-specific manner. Identification of Wnt-1 responsive elements in potential target genes may provide clues to nuclear pathways regulated by Wnt-1...
- Hes1 is a negative regulator of inner ear hair cell differentiationJ L Zheng
Department of Neuroscience, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Development 127:4551-60. 2000..To identify genes that may interact with Math1 and inhibit hair cell differentiation, we have focused on Hes1, a mammalian hairy and enhancer of split homolog, which is a negative regulator of neurogenesis...
- Notch/Notch ligands and Math1 expression patterns in the organ of Corti of wild-type and Hes1 and Hes5 mutant miceAzel Zine
Institute of Physiology, University of Lausanne, 7 rue du Bugnon, CH 1005, Lausanne, Switzerland
Hear Res 170:22-31. 2002..We demonstrated that Hes1 and Hes5, two members of the inhibitory bHLH transcription factors, act as negative regulators of hair cell ..
- Expression of Hairy/Enhancer of Split genes, Hes1 and Hes5, during murine nephron morphogenesisTino D Piscione
Program in Developmental Biology, Research Institute, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Ave, Toronto, Ont, Canada M5G 1X8
Gene Expr Patterns 4:707-11. 2004..To define the spatial activation of the Notch pathway in developing nephrons, we analyzed the expression of Hes1 and Hes5 by mRNA in situ hybridization in cryosections of developing kidneys, and compared their spatiotemporal ..
- Integrative genomic analyses on HES/HEY family: Notch-independent HES1, HES3 transcription in undifferentiated ES cells, and Notch-dependent HES1, HES5, HEY1, HEY2, HEYL transcription in fetal tissues, adult tissues, or cancerMasuko Katoh
M and M Medical BioInformatics, Hongo 113 0033, Japan
Int J Oncol 31:461-6. 2007..of variant 1 revealed that mammalian bHLH transcription factors with Orange domain were grouped into HES subfamily (HES1, HES2, HES3, HES4, HES5, HES6, HES7) and HEY subfamily (HEY1, HEY2, HEYL, HESL/HELT, DEC1/BHLHB2, DEC2/BHLHB3)...
- Hey2 functions in parallel with Hes1 and Hes5 for mammalian auditory sensory organ developmentShuangding Li
Department of Cell Biology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
BMC Dev Biol 8:20. 2008..This study explores the expression and function of a putative Notch target gene...
- Down-regulation of Notch signaling during corneal epithelial proliferationA R Djalilian
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Mol Vis 14:1041-9. 2008..We evaluated the expression and activation of Notch pathway genes in the adult human and murine corneal epithelium during proliferation...
- Histologic subtypes of hepatoblastoma are characterized by differential canonical Wnt and Notch pathway activation in DLK+ precursorsDolores Lopez-Terrada
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Hum Pathol 40:783-94. 2009..b>HES1 expression and HES1/AXIN2 used to measure Notch versus Wnt activation ratio were particularly elevated in pure ..
- Nitric oxide is involved in Mycobacterium bovis bacillus Calmette-Guérin-activated Jagged1 and Notch1 signalingNisha Kapoor
Department of Microbiology and Cell Biology, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
J Immunol 184:3117-26. 2010..as the generation of activated Notch1 or expression of Notch1 target genes matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) or Hes1 was abrogated in macrophages derived from inducible NO synthase (iNOS) knockout (iNOS(-/-)), but not from wild-type,..
- Candidate markers for stem and early progenitor cells, Musashi-1 and Hes1, are expressed in crypt base columnar cells of mouse small intestineTakahisa Kayahara
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, 54 Shogoin Kawara cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
FEBS Lett 535:131-5. 2003Musashi-1, a neural RNA-binding protein, is important for maintaining neural stem cells. Both Musashi-1 and Hes1, a transcriptional factor regulated by Musashi-1, are expressed in the small intestine...
- Development of an at-line method for the identification of angiotensin-I inhibiting peptides in protein hydrolysatesChris J van Platerink
Advanced Measurement and Imaging, Unilever Research Laboratory Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 846:147-54. 2007..based on the inhibiting effect of ACEI peptides on the hydrolytic scission of the substrate Hippuric acid-His-Leu (HHL) during the ACE-catalysed hydrolysis reaction...
- Expression of immature and mature retinal cell markers in retinoblastomaR Sakata
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Tokyo School of Medicine, 7 3 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Eye (Lond) 22:678-83. 2008..To clarify the expression of immature and mature retinal cell makers in retinoblastoma cells and to give insights into the cell origin of the retinoblastoma...
- Simultaneous determination of ACE activity with 2 substrates provides information on the status of somatic ACE and allows detection of inhibitors in human bloodSergei M Danilov
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 52:90-103. 2008..The ratio of the rates of hydrolysis of 2 synthetic substrates, Z-Phe-His-Leu (ZPHL) and Hip-His-Leu (HHL), is characteristic for each type of ACE: somatic 2-domain 1, N-domain 4.5, and C-domain 0.7 (Williams et al, 1996)...
- Impaired Notch4 activity elicits endothelial cell activation and apoptosis: implication for transplant arteriosclerosisT Quillard
INSERM U643, Nantes, F44000 France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:2258-65. 2008..This study investigated regulation of the Notch pathway on cardiac allograft arteriosclerosis and further examined its implication in EC dysfunction...
- Candidate genes on chromosome 9q33-34 involved in the progression of childhood ependymomasStephanie Puget
Department of Neurosurgery, Peter B Dirks, Christian Sainte Rose, and Gilles Vassal Hôpital Necker Enfants Malades, Universite Paris Descartes, France
J Clin Oncol 27:1884-92. 2009..The molecular pathogenesis of pediatric ependymoma remains unclear. Our study was designed to identify genetic changes implicated in ependymoma progression...
- Endothelial Notch signaling is upregulated in human brain arteriovenous malformations and a mouse model of the diseasePatrick A Murphy
Pacific Vascular Research Laboratory, Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Lab Invest 89:971-82. 2009..We examined the expression of the canonical Notch downstream target Hes1 in the endothelium of human BAVMs by immunofluorescence, and showed increased levels relative to either autopsy or ..
- Phenotypic and physiological alterations by heterologous acylhomoserine lactone synthase expression in Pseudomonas putidaYunho Lee
Division of Environmental Science and Ecological Engineering, Korea University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Microbiology 156:3762-72. 2010..AHL-producing plasmid was constructed using a cviI gene encoding the C6-AHL [N-hexanoyl homoserine lactone (HHL)] synthase from Chromobacterium violaceum, and was introduced successfully into both the wild-type and a ppoR (luxR ..
- Mab-3 is a direct tra-1 target gene regulating diverse aspects of C. elegans male sexual development and behaviorW Yi
Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biophysics Graduate Program, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Development 127:4469-80. 2000..Expression of LIN-32 is spatially restricted by the combined action of the Hox gene mab-5 and the hairy homolog lin-22, while MAB-3 is expressed throughout the lateral hypodermis...
- Deranged early T cell development in immunodeficient strains of nonobese diabetic miceMary A Yui
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
J Immunol 173:5381-91. 2004..However, they fail to down-regulate transcription factors HEB-alt and Hes1 and initially express aberrantly high levels of Spi-B, c-kit (CD117), and IL-7Ralpha...
- Molecular mechanisms for morphogenesis of the central nervous system in mammalsMakoto Ishibashi
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Anat Sci Int 79:226-34. 2004..Nutrition is another critical factor for development. Expression analysis of Folate binding protein 1 implied the close association between folate uptake and anterior neural tube closure...
- Segmental expression of Notch and Hairy genes in nephrogenesisLinghong Chen
Department of Medicine, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, 630 W 168th St, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 288:F939-52. 2005..We found that among all of Notch downstream Hairy genes, only Hes1, Hes5, Hey1, and HeyL were expressed in a segment-specific manner in early nephrons and their expression pattern ..
- Skeletrophin, a novel ubiquitin ligase to the intracellular region of Jagged-2, is aberrantly expressed in multiple myelomaTamotsu Takeuchi
Department of Pathology, Kochi Medical School, Nankoku, Kochi, Japan 783 8505
Am J Pathol 166:1817-26. 2005....
- Modelling transcriptional feedback loops: the role of Gro/TLE1 in Hes1 oscillationsSamuel Bernard
Institute for Theoretical Biology, Humboldt University, Invalidenstrasse 43, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Philos Transact A Math Phys Eng Sci 364:1155-70. 2006The transcriptional repressor Hes1, a basic helix-loop-helix family protein, periodically changes its expression in the presomitic mesoderm. Its periodic pattern of expression is retained in a number of cultured murine cell lines...
- Persistent and high levels of Hes1 expression regulate boundary formation in the developing central nervous systemJoung Hee Baek
Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Shogoin Kawahara, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Development 133:2467-76. 2006..We now report that in mice the bHLH factor Hes1 is persistently expressed at high levels by boundary cells but at variable levels by non-boundary cells...
- SOX9 is required for maintenance of the pancreatic progenitor cell poolPhilip A Seymour
Department of Developmental and Cell Biology, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 2300, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:1865-70. 2007..Our finding that SOX9 regulates the Notch-effector HES1 suggests a Notch-dependent mechanism and establishes a possible genetic link between SOX factors and Notch...
- Identification of oscillatory genes in somitogenesis from functional genomic analysis of a human mesenchymal stem cell modelDilusha A William
Division of Human Genetics and Orthopaedic Surgery, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 3615 Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Biol 305:172-86. 2007..We observed that the known cycling gene HES1 oscillated with a 5 h period consistent with available data on the rate of somitogenesis in humans...
- Notch signaling during larval and juvenile development in the polychaete annelid Capitella sp. IKatrin Thamm
Kewalo Marine Lab, PBRC University of Hawaii, 41 Ahui Street, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Dev Biol 320:304-18. 2008..In contrast, CapI-hes1 has a segmentally reiterated pattern in a restricted region of the mesoderm in each presumptive segment...
- Notch signaling in pediatric malignanciesPatrick A Zweidler-McKay
The Children s Cancer Hospital, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Unit 853, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Curr Oncol Rep 10:459-68. 2008..activating mutations of Notch1 are found in the majority of T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) cases, Notch/HES1 signaling appears to play a tumor suppressor role in precursor B-cell ALL; although Notch/HES1 signaling appears to ..
- Beta-catenin modulates the level and transcriptional activity of Notch1/NICD through its direct interactionYun Hye Jin
College of Pharmacy and Research Institute of Drug Development, Chonnam National University, Gwangju 500 757, Republic of Korea
Biochim Biophys Acta 1793:290-9. 2009..In addition, beta-catenin enhanced the transcriptional activity of NICD on the hairy and enhancer of split 1 (HES1) and CSL through its C-terminal transactivation domain...
- Shrimp pathogenicity, hemolysis, and the presence of hemolysin and TTSS genes in Vibrio harveyi isolated from ThailandPimonsri Rattanama
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Science, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, 90112 Songkhla, Thailand
Dis Aquat Organ 86:113-22. 2009..Analysis of the V harveyi HYO1 genome revealed a V cholerae like-hemolysin gene, hlyA (designated as hhl)...
- Transforming acidic coiled-coil protein-3 (Tacc3) acts as a negative regulator of Notch signaling through binding to CDC10/Ankyrin repeatsSharon Bargo
Mammary Biology and Tumorigenesis Laboratory, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 400:606-12. 2010..Notch4/Int3 ICD-Tacc3 interaction results in the inhibition of transcription from a Hes1-Luciferase reporter vector in COS-1 cells...
- Different degrees of structural order in distinct regions of the transcriptional repressor HES-1Maristella Coglievina
Protein Structure and Bioinformatics Group, International Center for Genetic Engineerintg and Biotechnology ICGEB, Area Science Park, Trieste, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1804:2153-61. 2010..We propose that order/disorder transitions in the different domains are associated not only with binding to DNA, but also with protein homo- and hetero-dimerization...
- [Tea polyphenol inhibits colorectal cancer with microsatellite instability by regulating the expressions of HES1, JAG1, MT2A and MAFA]Yan Yan Xu
National Center of Colorectal Surgery, The 3rd Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine, Nanjing 210001, Jiangsu Province, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 8:870-6. 2010..To investigate the mechanism of tea polyphenol in inhibiting microsatellite instability (MSI) of colorectal cancer...
- The aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AHR) transcription factor regulates megakaryocytic polyploidizationStephan Lindsey
Department of Chemical Engineering and Delaware Biotechnology Institute, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19711, USA
Br J Haematol 152:469-84. 2011..Protein and mRNA levels of the AHR transcriptional target HES1 also increased...
- Modelling the Delta1/Notch1 pathway: in search of the mediator(s) of neural stem cell differentiationAlexandros Kiparissides
Biological Systems Engineering Laboratory, Department of Chemical Engineering, Centre for Process Systems Engineering, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e14668. 2011..cleavage of the trans-membrane protein, releasing the intracellular domain (NICD) leading to the up regulation of hes1. Hes1 homodimerisation leads to down regulation of mash1...
- Evaluation of airway obstruction at soft palate level in male patients with obstructive sleep apnea/hypopnea syndrome: dynamic 3-dimensional CT imaging of upper airwayYing Xiao
Department of Otolaryngology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 31:413-8. 2011..region (mXSA-RP), and the vertical distance from the hard palate to the upper posterior part of the hyoid (hhL) were compared between the two breathing states...
- Interaction of Wnt/β-catenin and notch signaling in the early stage of cardiac differentiation of P19CL6 cellsBinhong Li
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Key Laboratory of Molecular Cardiovascular Sciences, Ministry of Education of China, Peking University, Beijing 100191, China
J Cell Biochem 113:629-39. 2012..RBP-Jκ), and Notch1 intracellular domain (NICD-1) formed a transcriptional complex which was recruited to the Hes1 promoter region, indicating direct transcriptional regulation of Hes1...
- Heterogeneity in signaling pathways of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors: a critical look at notch signaling pathwayHe Wang
Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Mod Pathol 26:139-47. 2013..Immunohistochemistry was performed on tissue microarrays using the following antibodies: NOTCH1, HES1, HEY1, pIGF1R, and FGF2. Gene profiling study was performed by using human genome U133A 2...
- Matrix Gla protein reinforces angiogenic resolutionBikram Sharma
Department of Biology, Indiana State University, Terre Haute, IN 47809, USA
Microvasc Res 85:24-33. 2013..Collectively, these results suggest that MGP is a multi-functional inhibitor of normal and abnormal angiogenesis that may function by coordinating with both Notch and BMP signaling pathways...
- Molecular Pathways to T-Lineage CommitmentCornelis Murre; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our preliminary studies show that both E47 and Notch-ICN directly activate HES1 gene expression in uncommitted E2A-deficient hematopoietic progenitor cells...
- SPDEF in intestinal differentiation.NOAH FREEMAN SHROYER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specifically, we hypothesize that for goblet cells, Hes1 represses Atoh1;in the absence of Hes1, Atoh1 activates Gfi1 expression, which regulates expression of Spdef to ..
- Israt Jahan; Fiscal Year: 2015..the expression of Atoh1 using Atoh1-Cre mediated R26-YFP reporter with the expression of Delta-Notch effectors (Hes1, Hes5, Hey2) and diffusible molecules (Fgf8, Fgf10, Fgf20, BMP4)...
- Role of the Groucho/Grg/TLE corepressor protein in delaying tissue specificationKimberly Blahnik; Fiscal Year: 2013..Grg proteins bind and repress the targets of several proteins involved in development, including Hes1 and FoxA, causing the delay in expression of cell type programs...
- Role of HES/HEY family of proteins in mammalian spermatogenesisMARIE CLAUDE CATHERINE HOFMANN; Fiscal Year: 2012..We have evidence that Jagged1 triggers Notch1 activation and upregulates Hes1 in undifferentiated spermatogonia, while it triggers Notch3 activation and upregulation of HeyL in pachytene ..
- Alonzo H Ross; Fiscal Year: 2014..We predict that the GSI enhances TMZ therapy by inhibiting the Notch pathway and its downstream target, Hes1. Aim 2 is to assess the biological responses to TMZ+GSI, including senescence...
- Nadean L Brown; Fiscal Year: 2016..Findings here will also be widely useful to the field of cancer biology, since excess activated Notch1 or Hes1 expression occurs in a variety of human tumors...
- Transporter Expression in Response to HepatotoxicantsJose E Manautou; Fiscal Year: 2013..An increased knowledge of MRP4 regulation is expected to lead to better treatments of specific liver disorders and reduce the risk of drug liver injury. ! ..
- Neural Transplants and Spinal Neuropathic Pain ProcessesJacqueline Sagen; Fiscal Year: 2009..using extrinsic manipulation (trophic factor shock), genetic manipulation (blocking HLH transcription factor Hes1 to promote GABAergic differentiation) and/or cell selection (GADpromoter-GFP and FACS sorting)...
- Melissa B Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2015..Molecular studies will be used to define factors interacting with the ECR1 sequence. The association of RUNX2 and Hes1 will be examined in MC3T3-E1 pre-osteoblasts that express BMP2 in response to FGF2...
- REBECCA BEER; Fiscal Year: 2016..SOX9 in turn directly regulates the expression of HES1, a canonical Notch effector gene...
- MICHELLE LYNN STOLLER; Fiscal Year: 2014..abstract_text> ..
- Nadean L Brown; Fiscal Year: 2016..We have shown that the Notch effector Hes1 is required for mouse lens cell proliferation, and Hes1:Pax6 double mutant mice are anophthalmic...
- Stephen C Blacklow; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Directed hematopoietic differentiation of human pluripotent stem cellsLinzhao Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2013..In the past funding cycle, we have devoted significant efforts to elucidate and modulate the Notch/HES1 signaling pathways in hematopoietic differentiation from human ES (hES) cells...
- The role of Ikaros in regulation of Notch target gene expressionSUSAN M WINANDY; Fiscal Year: 2010..of shRNA knockdown and biochemical approaches to define the role of Ikaros in regulation of the Notch target gene Hes1, with the ultimate goal of understanding the mechanism of CSL/Ikaros-mediated repression of Notch target genes in T ..
- JOSE MARIO WOLOSIN; Fiscal Year: 2015..affecting gene transcription globally and usually referred as master or cell fate genes (PAX6, MEIS1, SIX1, MSX1, HES1 ID1, the MXD1/MAX system controlling MYC activity) contribute to cell stemness in the limbal epithelium...
- Lianping Xing; Fiscal Year: 2016..These hypotheses will be tested in 3 specific aims. In aim 1, we will determine if CD45-Hes1+ cells from Hes1-GFP mice functions as Notch-reporter MSCs...
- Patrick A Zweidler-McKay; Fiscal Year: 2014..We have found that the Notch downstream gene HES1 is sufficient to induce growth arrest and apoptosis in B cell leukemias, but not T cell leukemias...
- MICHAEL GLENN ROSS; Fiscal Year: 2014..a model of NPC, we have demonstrated a dose dependent increase in NPC proliferation with increased expression of Hes1 (neuroproliferative factor), whereas in differentiation media, BPA increased Mash1 (proneurogenic factor), Tuj1 and ..
- Xiaoyu Hu; Fiscal Year: 2014..Notch- dependent genes by IKK- and p38-mediated pathways, including activation of the transcriptional repressors Hes1 and Hey1 that selectively regulated expression of IL-6, IL-12 and IL-27...
- Jun Xu; Fiscal Year: 2015..The expression of Notch receptors (Notch 1 and 2), ligands (Dll4, Jag1), and target gene (Hes1) are upregulated selectively in these HM...
- Role of AhR During MegakaryopoiesisSTEPHAN CADET LINDSEY; Fiscal Year: 2011..and necessary for megakaryopoiesis, leading to increased Mk polyploidization;(3) determine if AhR-mediated Hes1 expression regulates the level and localization of cyclin D3, cyclin E, and other key Mk genes during ..
- Ernesto Canalis; Fiscal Year: 2016..The impact of Notch and HES-1 on bone remodeling and mechanisms involved will be determined. These investigations should clarify the role of Notch and HES-1 in bone cell function. ..
- Patrick A Zweidler-McKay; Fiscal Year: 2015..Recently we discovered a novel role for Notch signaling, especially the Notch target gene Hes1, specifically in promoting osteosarcoma metastasis...
- Anuradha Ray; Fiscal Year: 2016..cycle of this grant, we have successfully generated a CD4 T cell-specific inducible transgenic mouse expressing Hes1, a downstream target of Notch1...
- Matthew J Hilton; Fiscal Year: 2014..suppresses MPC differentiation and chondrogenesis by interacting with stabilized [unreadable]-catenin to regulate Hes1 and ultimately Sox9, and is later required to promote chondrocyte maturation via cartilage specific regulation of ..
- Robert E Maxson; Fiscal Year: 2014..conditional inactivation of Jagged1 in these cells results in synostosis, and to an upregulation of Notch2 and Hes1 in the suture...
- Suzanne M de la Monte; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstract_text> ..
- Steven D Leach; Fiscal Year: 2014..In addition, the spheres maintain a subpopulation of cells expressing ALDH1, Hes1 and Sox9, suggesting a capacity for self-renewal...
- Virginia Smith Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2016..As predicted, examination of three Notch target genes, CD25, Deltex1 and Hes1 by QPCR demonstrated that NKAP lck-cre cKO DP T cells had increases in gene expression by 8- to 20-fold, proving ..
- CONTROL OF BETA CELL SPECIFICATION AND PROPAGATIONOle Madsen; Fiscal Year: 2000..This will be of utmost importance in future attempts to create substantial amounts of mature beta cell mass for transplantation. ..
- Enhancing Infrastructure of Production and Advanced Tec*Sung Roh; Fiscal Year: 2005..the infrastructure to significantly increase the production of one human embryonic stem (hES) cell line (Miz-hES1) listed on the NIH Human Embryonic Stem Cell Registry in order to distribute this cell as widely as possible to ..
- Function of Myeloid Translocation Gene Related-1SCOTT HIEBERT; Fiscal Year: 2009..We found that Mtgr1 associates with Tcf4, but not Math1 or Hes1. TCF4 is a DNA binding factor that mediates Wnt signaling in the small intestine...
- Akt1 and erbB2 - New Molecular Targets for Hormone Resistance in Breast CancerAdriana Stoica; Fiscal Year: 2007..Therefore, a subset of 18 genes: ANXA6, ARC, EIF5A, ASCL1, HES1, EGR1, EGR3, FOS, MYC, MYB, SMAD7, TGF-b1, QRT1, TOP2A, TXNIP, CYR61, and CTGF (identified by gene array ..
- Molecular Basis of Stat3 Functions in Retina DevelopmentXin Yuan Fu; Fiscal Year: 2004..or indirectly regulate gene expression of key transcription factors for cell differentiation in retina, such as Hes1 or Otx2...
- Constraint of Myeloid Lineage Potential of Early T Progenitors by Hes1James Bell; Fiscal Year: 2009..clearly evident when Notch signals are withdrawn, and preliminary evidence suggests that the canonical Notch target Hes1 is involved in Notch-mediated repression of the myeloid potential of ETPs...
- Genetic regulation of embryonic stem cellsDouglas Melton; Fiscal Year: 2006..Four lines of hES cells will be used for these studies. They are: H1 (WA01), H9 (WA09), H13 (WA13) and HES-1 (ES01); the NIH registry number is in parentheses. ..
- GROWTH FACTOR SIGNALS THROUGH BHLH TRANSCRIPTION FACTORSMichael Caudy; Fiscal Year: 2003..3) MASH-1 is an essential mediator that is necessary and sufficient for NGF-dependent neural differentiation to occur in PC12 cells. 4) MASH-1 is a functional target for HES-1 in PC12 cells. ..
- The function of Hes and Hey genes in maintaining a supporting cell stateAngelika Doetzlhofer; Fiscal Year: 2009..In the inner ear Notch signaling is believed to be mediated by Hes1 and Hes5, two transcriptional repressors belonging to hairy and enhancer of split (HES) family...
- ES Cell International HESC Production and DevelopmentAlan Colman; Fiscal Year: 2006..for the distribution of six human embryonic stem cell (hESC) lines listed on the NIH stem cell registry ES01-ES06 (HES1-6)...
- Molecular Modulation of Cardiac Na+ Channel FunctionKatherine Murray; Fiscal Year: 2004..In cells expressing the human cardiac Na+ channel hHl and in rat ventricular myocytes, the effects of pKA activation on N a+ current, plasma membrane channel density, ..
- NOTCH SIGNALING AND T CELL FATEEllen Robey; Fiscal Year: 2002..CD8 lineage choice and/or during the ab vs gd lineage choice. AIM 2: What is the role of HES1 and CBF1 in T cell fate decisions? In Drosophila, the Notch signaling pathway appears to act via direct activation ..
- Imprint Osmoregulation/Maternally-Dehydrated OffspringMina Desai; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will determine the molecular and cellular mechanism(s) and peripheral renal AVP receptor changes. Finally, we will delineate the critical period during which imprinting of the AVP/osmoregulatory pathway occurs. ..
- EFFECTS OF HES6 PROTEOLYSIS ON DIFFERENTITATIONScott Harper; Fiscal Year: 2005..this proposal will investigate the post-translational regulation of Hes6 expression, and determine how components of the Notch signaling pathway (including Hes1 and Mash1) influence the ability of Hes6 to promote differentiation in NPCs.
- DJ-1 in Dopaminergic Neuronal Function and SurvivalJie Shen; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our long-term goal is to develop a genetic mouse model that recapitulates all central features of PD and to characterize the molecular pathways responsible for PD pathogenesis. ..
- Notch signaling in B cell development and survivalWarren Pear; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- GLYCOPROTEIN HORMONE BIOSYNTHESIS AND ACTIONJOEL HABENER; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies have potential relevance to understanding the molecular mechanisms controlling spermatogenesis and fertility. ..
- Transcription Factors & Inflammatory Mediators in StrokeRaghu Vemuganti; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ultimate goal is to define the role of SOCS-3/STAT-3 in post-ischemic cerebral inflammation. ..
- GLUCAGON BIOSYNTHESIS AND METABOLISMJOEL HABENER; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- The Role of Id2 in Adult NeurogenesisMATTHEW HAVRDA; Fiscal Year: 2008..These experiments are immediately relevant to realization of the therapeutic potential of these unique cells. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Somatomedin: Autologous Regulator of Bone FormationErnesto Canalis; Fiscal Year: 2008..These investigations should clarify the role of CHOP in bone cell differentiation and function. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of Egr-1 in post-stroke inflammation & brain damageRaghu Vemuganti; Fiscal Year: 2009..The ultimate goal is to define the role of EgM and its regulators to develop therapies to control cerebral inflammation at the level of transcription. ..
- Thrombospondin-1 in prostate development and neoplasiaSusan Crawford; Fiscal Year: 2004..Results from these experiments should establish the function of TSP-1 in prostatic growth regulation and determine how TSP-1 may be useful as a prognostic indicator or as a treatment for prostatic diseases. ..
- Stem-like Cancer Cells in Breast TumorigenesisROBERT TSAI; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- PANCREATIC ISLET-DERIVED STEM CELLSJOEL HABENER; Fiscal Year: 2002..As proposed in this application, transplantation of NIPs directly into the pancreata of STZ-induced and NOD diabetic mice will differentiate NIPs into Beta-cells and permanently cure the diabetes. ..
- Jak/STAT and dendritic cell differentiation in cancerYulia Nefedova; Fiscal Year: 2006..Understanding the mechanisms of the defective DC differentiation may lead to the development of new therapeutic approaches aimed on the improvement of immune function in cancer. ..
- TRANSCRIPTION FACTORS AND THE ENDOCRINE PANCREASJOEL HABENER; Fiscal Year: 2003....