Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HDAC4
Description: histone deacetylase 4
Alias: AHO3, BDMR, HA6116, HD4, HDAC-4, HDAC-A, HDACA, histone deacetylase A
Publications189 found, 100 shown here
- Interaction of ruminal bacteria in the production and utilization of maltooligosaccharides from starchM A Cotta
Fermentation Biochemistry Unit, USDA Agricultural Research Service, Peoria, Illinois 61604
Appl Environ Microbiol 58:48-54. 1992..Selenomonas ruminantium HD4 grew poorly on starch, digested only a small portion of the available substrate, and generated no detectable ..
- Effect of sugars and malate on ruminal microorganismsS A Martin
Department of Animal and Dairy Science, The University of Georgia, Athens 30602 2771, USA
J Dairy Sci 83:2574-9. 2000..When S. ruminantium strains HD4 and H18 were incubated in basal medium that contained DL-lactate, some DL-lactate was utilized by both strains ..
- Caspase-mediated specific cleavage of human histone deacetylase 4Fang Liu
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, John Morgan 180H, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 279:34537-46. 2004Histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) is a class II HDAC implicated in controlling gene expression important for diverse cellular functions, but little is known about how its expression and stability are regulated...
- Aminoglycoside-induced histone deacetylation and hair cell death in the mouse cochleaFu Quan Chen
Kresge Hearing Research Institute, Department of Otolaryngology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
J Neurochem 108:1226-36. 2009..Protein levels of HDAC1, HDAC3 and HDAC4 were increased while the histone acetyltransferases such as CREB-binding protein and p300 remained unchanged...
- CaM kinase II selectively signals to histone deacetylase 4 during cardiomyocyte hypertrophyJohannes Backs
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9148, USA
J Clin Invest 116:1853-64. 2006..Here we show that calcium/calmodulin-dependent kinase II (CaMKII) signals specifically to HDAC4 by binding to a unique docking site that is absent in other class IIa HDACs...
- Class II histone deacetylases are associated with VHL-independent regulation of hypoxia-inducible factor 1 alphaDavid Z Qian
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Cancer Res 66:8814-21. 2006..Coimmunoprecipitation studies showed that class II HDAC4 and HDAC6 were associated with HIF-1 alpha protein...
- Haploinsufficiency of HDAC4 causes brachydactyly mental retardation syndrome, with brachydactyly type E, developmental delays, and behavioral problemsStephen R Williams
Department of Human and Molecular Genetics, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Am J Hum Genet 87:219-28. 2010..that refine the critical region, reducing the candidate genes from >20 to a single gene, histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4)...
- The histone deacetylase 4/SP1/microrna-200a regulatory network contributes to aberrant histone acetylation in hepatocellular carcinomaJi Hang Yuan
Department of Medical Genetics, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Hepatology 54:2025-35. 2011..Furthermore, our results suggested that the histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) inhibited the expression of miR-200a and its promoter activity and reduced the histone H3 acetylation level at ..
- HDAC4 protein regulates HIF1α protein lysine acetylation and cancer cell response to hypoxiaHao Geng
Knight Cancer Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
J Biol Chem 286:38095-102. 2011..HIF1α proteins can be acetylated and inhibited by histone deacetylase (HDAC) inhibitors or specific siRNA against HDAC4. To investigate the mechanism and biological consequence of the inhibition, we have generated stable HDAC4 ..
- Histone deacetylase 4 interacts with 53BP1 to mediate the DNA damage responseGary D Kao
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Cell Biol 160:1017-27. 2003..b>HDAC4 foci gradually disappeared in repair-proficient cells but persisted in repair-deficient cell lines or cells ..
- Pc2-mediated sumoylation of Smad-interacting protein 1 attenuates transcriptional repression of E-cadherinJianyin Long
Molecular Oncology Group, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1A1, Canada
J Biol Chem 280:35477-89. 2005..Thus SIP1 sumoylation regulates its transcriptional activity in a promoter context-dependent manner and may represent an important intervention target to modulate EMT in tumorigenesis...
- Caspase-dependent regulation of histone deacetylase 4 nuclear-cytoplasmic shuttling promotes apoptosisGabriela Paroni
Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Biomediche, Sezione di Biologia Universita di Udine, 33100 Udine, Italy
Mol Biol Cell 15:2804-18. 2004..that caspases can repress the activity of the myocyte enhancer factor (MEF)2C transcription factor by regulating HDAC4 processing...
- Histone deacetylase 5 acquires calcium/calmodulin-dependent kinase II responsiveness by oligomerization with histone deacetylase 4Johannes Backs
Department of Molecular Biology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9148, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:3437-45. 2008Calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II (CaMKII) phosphorylates histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4), a class IIa HDAC, resulting in the cytosolic accumulation of HDAC4 and the derepression of the transcription factor myocyte enhancer ..
- Differential regulation of estrogen receptor α expression in breast cancer cells by metastasis-associated protein 1Hyun Jin Kang
Authors Affiliations College of Pharmacy and Bio MAX institute, Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and College of Veterinary Medicine, BK21 Plus Program for Veterinary Science, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Cancer Res 74:1484-94. 2014....
- Signal-dependent nuclear export of a histone deacetylase regulates muscle differentiationT A McKinsey
Department of Molecular Biology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 75390 9148, USA
Nature 408:106-11. 2000..MEF2 proteins also interact with the class II histone deacetylases HDAC4 and HDAC5, resulting in repression of MEF2-dependent genes...
- Breast cancer associated transcriptional repressor PLU-1/JARID1B interacts directly with histone deacetylasesAngela Barrett
Cancer Research UK Breast Cancer Biology Group, King s College London School of Medicine, Guy s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 121:265-75. 2007..The domains involved in the HDAC4-PLU-1/JARID1B interaction were investigated in detail, and the data show that 2 PHD domains in PLU-1/JARID1B, ..
- Expression of MIS in the testis is downregulated by tumor necrosis factor alpha through the negative regulation of SF-1 transactivation by NF-kappa BCheol Yi Hong
Hormone Research Center, Chonnam National University, Gwangju 500 757, Republic of Korea
Mol Cell Biol 23:6000-12. 2003..These results may identify, for the first time, the responsible substance and its action mechanism underlying the repression of MIS expression by meiotic germ cells in the testis...
- Three proteins define a class of human histone deacetylases related to yeast Hda1pC M Grozinger
Departments of Chemistry and Chemical Biology and Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, 12 Oxford Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:4868-73. 1999..The corresponding full-length cDNAs were cloned and defined as HDAC4, HDAC5, and HDAC6...
- Functional modulation of parkin through physical interaction with SUMO-1Ji Won Um
Department of Biology, College of Science, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
J Neurosci Res 84:1543-54. 2006..Our findings suggest that the E3 ubiquitin ligase activity of parkin and its intracellular localization may be modulated through the SUMO-1 association...
- Metastasis-associated protein 1/histone deacetylase 4-nucleosome remodeling and deacetylase complex regulates phosphatase and tensin homolog gene expression and functionSirigiri Divijendra Natha Reddy
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, The George Washington University, Washington, D C 20037, USA
J Biol Chem 287:27843-50. 2012..of phosphatase and tensin homolog (PTEN), a tumor suppressor gene, by recruiting class II histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) along with the transcription factor Yin-Yang 1 (YY1) onto the PTEN promoter...
- HDAC4 promotes growth of colon cancer cells via repression of p21Andrew J Wilson
Department of Oncology, Albert Einstein Cancer Center, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
Mol Biol Cell 19:4062-75. 2008The class II Histone deacetylase (HDAC), HDAC4, is expressed in a tissue-specific manner, and it represses differentiation of specific cell types...
- HDAC4 represses p21(WAF1/Cip1) expression in human cancer cells through a Sp1-dependent, p53-independent mechanismD Mottet
Metastasis Research Laboratory, GIGA Cancer Center for Experimental Cancer Research, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Oncogene 28:243-56. 2009..The HDACs that regulate p21(WAF1/Cip1) are not fully identified. Using small interfering RNAs, we found that HDAC4 participates in the repression of p21(WAF1/Cip1) through Sp1/Sp3-, but not p53-binding sites...
- Structural and functional analysis of the human HDAC4 catalytic domain reveals a regulatory structural zinc-binding domainMatthew J Bottomley
Istituto di Ricerche di Biologia Molecolare P Angeletti, Merck Research Laboratories, Via Pontina Km 30 600, 00040 Pomezia Roma, Italy
J Biol Chem 283:26694-704. 2008..the structural zinc ion or the binding of a class IIa selective inhibitor prevented the association of HDAC4 with the N-CoR.HDAC3 repressor complex...
- The SMRT and N-CoR corepressors are activating cofactors for histone deacetylase 3M G Guenther
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, The Penn Diabetes Center, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:6091-101. 2001..In contrast, SMRT does not activate the class II HDAC4, with which it also interacts...
- Association of class II histone deacetylases with heterochromatin protein 1: potential role for histone methylation in control of muscle differentiationChun Li Zhang
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9148, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:7302-12. 2002..Here we report that MITR, HDAC4, and HDAC5 associate with heterochromatin protein 1 (HP1), an adaptor protein that recognizes methylated lysines ..
- Histone deacetylase 4 associates with extracellular signal-regulated kinases 1 and 2, and its cellular localization is regulated by oncogenic RasX Zhou
Cell Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Cornell University Medical School, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:14329-33. 2000Histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) is a member of a family of enzymes that catalyze the removal of acetyl groups from core histones, resulting in a compact chromatin structure that is generally associated with repressed gene transcription...
- Class II histone deacetylases: versatile regulatorsEric Verdin
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of California San Francisco, PO Box 419100, San Francisco, CA 94141, USA
Trends Genet 19:286-93. 2003..We discuss their emerging biological functions and the molecular mechanisms by which they are regulated...
- Activation of ROS/NF-kappaB and Ca2+/CaM kinase II are necessary for VCAM-1 induction in IL-1beta-treated human tracheal smooth muscle cellsShue Fen Luo
Department of Internal Medicine, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 237:8-21. 2009..scavenger [N-acetyl-L-cysteine (NAC)] or transfection with siRNAs of MyD88, PKCalpha, Src, p47(phox), p300, and HDAC4. Moreover, IL-1beta stimulated NF-kappaB and CaMKII phosphorylation through MyD88-dependent PI-PLC/PKCalpha/c-Src/..
- Transcriptional activation of hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha by HDAC4 and HDAC5 involves differential recruitment of p300 and FIH-1Hee Won Seo
College of Pharmacy, Bio max Institute, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
FEBS Lett 583:55-60. 2009..Here, we investigated the roles of HDAC4 and HDAC5 in the regulation of HIF-1alpha function and its associated mechanisms...
- HDAC4 contributes to IL-1-induced mPGES-1 expression in human synovial fibroblasts through up-regulation of Egr-1 transcriptional activityNadir Chabane
Osteoarthritis Research Unit, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal CHUM, Department of Medicine, Notre Dame Hospital, University of Montreal, 1560 Sherbrooke Street East, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2L 4M1
J Cell Biochem 106:453-63. 2009..TSA also inhibited IL-1-induced mPGES-1 mRNA expression and promoter activation. Overexpression of HDAC4, but not of HDAC1, 2, 3, 5, or 6 enhanced, whereas HDAC4 silencing with small interfering RNA (siRNA) reduced, IL-..
- The deacetylase HDAC4 controls myocyte enhancing factor-2-dependent structural gene expression in response to neural activityTodd J Cohen
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Box 3813, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
FASEB J 23:99-106. 2009Histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) binds and inhibits activation of the critical muscle transcription factor myocyte enhancer factor-2 (MEF2)...
- Enzymatic activity associated with class II HDACs is dependent on a multiprotein complex containing HDAC3 and SMRT/N-CoRWolfgang Fischle
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94141, USA
Mol Cell 9:45-57. 2002..Here, we show that the catalytic domain of HDAC4 interacts with HDAC3 via the transcriptional corepressor N-CoR/SMRT...
- A redox-dependent pathway for regulating class II HDACs and cardiac hypertrophyTetsuro Ago
Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Cell 133:978-93. 2008..Both Cys-274/Cys-276 in DnaJb5 and Cys-667/Cys-669 in HDAC4 are oxidized and form intramolecular disulfide bonds in response to reactive oxygen species (ROS)-generating ..
- Parallel SUMOylation-dependent pathways mediate gene- and signal-specific transrepression by LXRs and PPARgammaSerena Ghisletti
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Mol Cell 25:57-70. 2007..These studies define parallel but functionally distinct pathways that are utilized by PPARgamma and LXRs to differentially regulate complex programs of gene expression that control immunity and homeostasis...
- Nuclear receptor corepressors partner with class II histone deacetylases in a Sin3-independent repression pathwayE Y Huang
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, Departments of Medicine and Genetics, and The Penn Diabetes Center, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 USA
Genes Dev 14:45-54. 2000..that one RD, which is conserved in N-CoR and SMRT, represses transcription by interacting directly with class II HDAC4 and HDAC5. Endogenous N-CoR and SMRT each associate with HDAC4 in a complex that does not contain mSin3A or HDAC1...
- Functional interaction between class II histone deacetylases and ICP0 of herpes simplex virus type 1Patrick Lomonte
Equipe Silencing Viral et Remodelage de la Chromatine, Centre de Genetique Moleculaire et Cellulaire, UMR5534 CNRS, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, 69622 Villeurbanne Cedex, France
J Virol 78:6744-57. 2004..In addition, endogenous HDAC4 and at least one of its binding partners, the corepressor protein SMRT (for silencing mediator of retinoid and ..
- Amino acid starvation induces reactivation of silenced transgenes and latent HIV-1 provirus via down-regulation of histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4)Ilaria Palmisano
Center for Translational Genomics and Bioinformatics, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Ospedale San Raffaele, 20132 Milan, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:E2284-93. 2012..analysis, ChIP, and pharmacological and RNAi approaches revealed that a specific class II HDAC, namely HDAC4, plays a critical role in maintaining the silencing of exogenous transgenes...
- Breast cancer metastasis suppressor 1 (BRMS1) is stabilized by the Hsp90 chaperoneDouglas R Hurst
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 348:1429-35. 2006..BRMS1 interacted with class II HDACs, HDAC 4, 5, and 6. We further found that BRMS1 is stabilized by Hsp90, and its turnover is proteasome dependent...
- Human papillomavirus E7 enhances hypoxia-inducible factor 1-mediated transcription by inhibiting binding of histone deacetylasesJason M Bodily
Department of Microbiology Immunology, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Cancer Res 71:1187-95. 2011..HIF-1 activity mapped to the C-terminus and correlated with the displacement of the histone deacetylases HDAC1, HDAC4, and HDAC7 from HIF-1α by E7...
- Altered interaction of HDAC5 with GATA-1 during MEL cell differentiationKouichi Watamoto
Department of Molecular Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya University, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Oncogene 22:9176-84. 2003..class II HDACs interact with GATA-1 to regulate its function and indeed, GATA-1 is directly associated with HDAC3, HDAC4 and HDAC5...
- A new family of human histone deacetylases related to Saccharomyces cerevisiae HDA1pW Fischle
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94141 9100, USA
J Biol Chem 274:11713-20. 1999..In immunoprecipitation experiments, HDAC-A interacted specifically with several cellular proteins, indicating that it might be part of a larger multiprotein complex...
- The modular nature of histone deacetylase HDAC4 confers phosphorylation-dependent intracellular traffickingX Zhao
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 276:35042-8. 2001In C2C12 myoblasts, endogenous histone deacetylase HDAC4 shuttles between cytoplasmic and nuclear compartments, supporting the hypothesis that its subcellular localization is dynamically regulated...
- Calcium regulates transcriptional repression of myocyte enhancer factor 2 by histone deacetylase 4H D Youn
Center for Cancer Research, Department of Chemistry and Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Biol Chem 275:22563-7. 2000..with several distinct repressors including Cabin1(cain), MEF2-interacting transcriptional repressor (MITR), and HDAC4. It has been previously shown that Cabin1 is associated with MEF2 in a calcium-sensitive manner; activated ..
- Protein phosphatase 2A controls the activity of histone deacetylase 7 during T cell apoptosis and angiogenesisMaud Martin
Cellular and Molecular Biology Unit, FUSAGx, 5030 Gembloux, Belgium
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:4727-32. 2008..This study unravels a dynamic interplay among 14-3-3s, protein kinases, and PP2A and provides a model for the regulation of class IIa HDACs...
- HDAC4, a human histone deacetylase related to yeast HDA1, is a transcriptional corepressorA H Wang
Molecular Oncology Group, Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 19:7816-27. 1999..Here we describe the functional characterization of HDAC4, a human histone deacetylase whose C-terminal part displays significant sequence similarity to the deacetylase ..
- HDAC4 represses vascular endothelial growth factor expression in chondrosarcoma by modulating RUNX2 activityXiaojuan Sun
Department of Orthopaedics, Warren Alpert Medical School, Brown University and Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
J Biol Chem 284:21881-90. 2009..giving a selective growth advantage are often recapitulated in tumors, we investigated the regulation of VEGF by HDAC4 and Runx2 in chondrosarcoma...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha enhances neutrophil adhesiveness: induction of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 via activation of Akt and CaM kinase II and modifications of histone acetyltransferase and histone deacetylase 4 in human tracheal smooth muscle cChiang Wen Lee
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, 259 Wen Hwa 1st Road, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Mol Pharmacol 73:1454-64. 2008..of Akt and CaM kinase II has been implicated in histone acetyltransferase and histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) activation...
- The histone deacetylase 9 gene encodes multiple protein isoformsKevin Petrie
Leukemia Research Fund Centre, Institute of Cancer Research, 237 Fulham Road, London SW3 6JB, UK
J Biol Chem 278:16059-72. 2003..HDAC9 is expressed in a tissue-specific pattern that partially overlaps that of HDAC4. Within the human hematopoietic system, expression of HDAC9 is biased toward cells of monocytic and lymphoid ..
- PP2A regulates HDAC4 nuclear importGabriela Paroni
Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Biomediche, Sezione di Biologia and MATI Center of Excellence, Universita di Udine, 33100 Udine, Italy
Mol Biol Cell 19:655-67. 2008..Here we show that HDAC4 forms a complex with the PP2A holoenzyme C alpha, A alpha, B/PR55 alpha...
- The SUMO E3 ligase RanBP2 promotes modification of the HDAC4 deacetylaseOlivier Kirsh
Unite de Recombinaison et Expression Genetique, INSERM U 163, Institut Pasteur, 28 rue du Dr Roux, F 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
EMBO J 21:2682-91. 2002..Here we demonstrate that the class II histone deacetylase HDAC4 is covalently modified by the ubiquitin-related SUMO-1 modifier...
- Regulation of histone deacetylase 4 and 5 and transcriptional activity by 14-3-3-dependent cellular localizationC M Grozinger
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, 12 Oxford Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:7835-40. 2000..To characterize the cellular function of the recently identified HDAC4 and HDAC5 proteins, complexes were isolated by immunoprecipitation...
- Activation of the myocyte enhancer factor-2 transcription factor by calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase-stimulated binding of 14-3-3 to histone deacetylase 5T A McKinsey
Department of Molecular Biology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 6000 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:14400-5. 2000..To further define the mechanisms that confer CaMK responsiveness to HDAC4 and -5, we performed yeast two-hybrid screens to identify HDAC-interacting factors...
- Functional characterization of an amino-terminal region of HDAC4 that possesses MEF2 binding and transcriptional repressive activityJonathan K L Chan
Department of Biochemistry, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, China
J Biol Chem 278:23515-21. 2003..The amino terminus of HDAC4 can associate with the DNA-bound MEF2 in vitro, suggesting that it does not repress MEF2 simply by disrupting the ..
- HDAC4 deacetylase associates with and represses the MEF2 transcription factorE A Miska
Wellcome CRC Institute, Department of Pathology, Cambridge, UK
EMBO J 18:5099-107. 1999..Here we identify and characterize HDAC4, a representative of a new human histone deacetylase family, which is homologous to the yeast HDA1 deacetylase...
- The neurodegenerative disease protein ataxin-1 antagonizes the neuronal survival function of myocyte enhancer factor-2Timothy A Bolger
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 282:29186-92. 2007..Here we identify the MEF2-HDAC4 transcriptional complex involved in neuron survival as a target of ataxin-1...
- Transforming growth factor-beta stimulates p300-dependent RUNX3 acetylation, which inhibits ubiquitination-mediated degradationYun Hye Jin
Department of Biochemistry and Urology, School of Medicine and Institute for Tumor Research, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju 361 763, South Korea
J Biol Chem 279:29409-17. 2004..Our findings demonstrate that the level of RUNX3 protein is controlled by the competitive acetylation and deacetylation of the three lysine residues, revealing a new mechanism for the posttranslational regulation of RUNX3 expression...
- Epigenetics and rheumatoid arthritis: the role of SENP1 in the regulation of MMP-1 expressionHanna Maciejewska-Rodrigues
Center of Experimental Rheumatology, University Hospital Zurich, Gloriastrasse 23 25, Zurich 8091, Switzerland
J Autoimmun 35:15-22. 2010..reduced the invasiveness of RASF (from 34 +/- 9% to 2 +/- 2%) and led to an accumulation of histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) on the MMP-1 promoter (197 +/- 36%)...
- A DNAJB chaperone subfamily with HDAC-dependent activities suppresses toxic protein aggregationJurre Hageman
Department of Cell Biology, Section of Radiation and Stress Cell Biology, University Medical Center Groningen and University of Groningen, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Mol Cell 37:355-69. 2010..in substrate binding, formation of polydisperse oligomeric complexes, and interaction with histone deacetylases (HDAC4, HDAC6, SIRT2). Inhibiting HDAC4 reduced DNAJB8 function...
- Regulation of MEF2 by histone deacetylase 4- and SIRT1 deacetylase-mediated lysine modificationsXuan Zhao
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, P O Box 3813, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:8456-64. 2005The class II deacetylase histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) negatively regulates the transcription factor MEF2. HDAC4 is believed to repress MEF2 transcriptional activity by binding to MEF2 and catalyzing local histone deacetylation...
- Histone deacetylase 4 controls chondrocyte hypertrophy during skeletogenesisRick B Vega
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 6000 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Cell 119:555-66. 2004..Here we report that HDAC4, which is expressed in prehypertrophic chondrocytes, regulates chondrocyte hypertrophy and endochondral bone ..
- Dephosphorylation and caspase processing generate distinct nuclear pools of histone deacetylase 4Gabriela Paroni
Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Biomediche, Sezione di Biologia, and MATI Center of Excellence, Universita di Udine, Udine, Italy
Mol Cell Biol 27:6718-32. 2007From the nucleus, histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) regulates a variety of cellular processes, including growth, differentiation, and survival, by orchestrating transcriptional changes...
- Nuclear LYRIC/AEG-1 interacts with PLZF and relieves PLZF-mediated repressionH J Thirkettle
Uro Oncology Research Group, Cancer Research UK Cambridge Research Institute, Cambridge, UK
Oncogene 28:3663-70. 2009..Our data suggest one mechanism for cells with altered LYRIC/AEG-1 expression to evade apoptosis and increase cell growth during tumourigenesis through the regulation of PLZF repression...
- HDAC4 and PCAF bind to cardiac sarcomeres and play a role in regulating myofilament contractile activityMahesh P Gupta
Department of Surgery, Committee on Molecular Medicine, Biological Science Division, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Biol Chem 283:10135-46. 2008..We found that a Class II HDAC, HDAC4, and an HAT, PCAF, associate with cardiac myofilaments...
- Identification of a signal-responsive nuclear export sequence in class II histone deacetylasesT A McKinsey
Department of Molecular Biology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 75390 9148, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:6312-21. 2001..Here we show that HDAC4 and -5 each contain a signal-responsive nuclear export sequence (NES) at their extreme carboxy termini...
- New role for hPar-1 kinases EMK and C-TAK1 in regulating localization and activity of class IIa histone deacetylasesFranck Dequiedt
Cellular and Molecular Biology Unit, Faculty of Agronomy, B 5030, Gembloux, Belgium
Mol Cell Biol 26:7086-102. 2006..e., Ser155, is a prerequisite for the phosphorylation of the nearby 14-3-3 site, Ser181. We propose that this multisite hierarchical phosphorylation by a variety of kinases allows for sophisticated regulation of class IIa HDACs function...
- Novel structural insights into class I and II histone deacetylasesRalf Ficner
Department of Molecular Structural Biology, Institute for Microbiology and Genetics, GZMB, Georg August University Gottingen, 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Curr Top Med Chem 9:235-40. 2009..Here recent developments in the crystal structure analysis of human HDAC4, HDAC7, and HDAC8, which all belong to the family of zinc ion-dependent HDACs, are described...
- Regulation of histone deacetylase 4 by binding of 14-3-3 proteinsA H Wang
Molecular Oncology Group, Department of Medicine, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 20:6904-12. 2000..Here we describe results demonstrating that HDAC4, a member of class II human HDACs, is localized in the cytoplasm and/or the nucleus...
- CR6-interacting factor 1 represses the transactivation of androgen receptor by direct interactionJi Ho Suh
Hormone Research Center, School of Biological Science and Technology, Chonnam National University, Gwangju 500 757, Republic of Korea
Mol Endocrinol 22:33-46. 2008..Taken together, these results suggest that CRIF1 acts as an AR corepressor and may play an important role in the regulation of AR-positive growth of prostate cancer...
- Xylose uptake by the ruminal bacterium Selenomonas ruminantiumD K Williams
Department of Microbiology, University of Georgia, Athens 30602
Appl Environ Microbiol 56:1683-8. 1990Selenomonas ruminantium HD4 does not use the phosphoenolpyruvate phosphotransferase system to transport xylose (S. A. Martin and J. B. Russell, J. Gen. Microbiol. 134:819-827, 1988). Xylose uptake by whole cells of S...
- Anticancer effects of the MHY218 novel hydroxamic acid-derived histone deacetylase inhibitor in human ovarian cancer cellsHeui Sook Jeon
College of Pharmacy, Pusan National University, Jangjeon Dong, Geumjeong Gu, Busan 609 735, South Korea
Int J Oncol 37:419-28. 2010..MHY218 significantly reduced the expression of HDAC4 and HDAC7 in SKOV-3 cells...
- HDA1 and RPD3 are members of distinct yeast histone deacetylase complexes that regulate silencing and transcriptionS E Rundlett
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of California School of Medicine, Los Angeles 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:14503-8. 1996..These data demonstrate that histone acetylation state has a role in regulating both heterochromatic silencing and regulated gene expression...
- Fermentation of xylans by Butyrivibrio fibrisolvens and other ruminal bacteriaR B Hespell
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana 61801
Appl Environ Microbiol 53:2849-53. 1987..of carbohydrate that supported low levels of growth of nonxylanolytic strains such as Selenomonas ruminantium HD4. Compared to growth on hexoses, the same array of fermentation acids was produced upon growth on xylans for most ..
- Growth and fermentation responses of Selenomonas ruminantium to limiting and non-limiting concentrations of ammonium chlorideS C Ricke
Department of Poultry Science, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843 2472, USA
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 46:169-75. 1996..of this study was to assess fermentation product, growth rate and growth yield responses of Selenomonas ruminantium HD4 to limiting and non-limiting ammonia concentrations. The ammonia half-inhibition constant for S...
- The development of quality assurance programs for radiotherapy within the German Hodgkin Study Group (GHSG). Introduction, continuing work, and results of the radiotherapy reference panelRolf Peter Muller
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Cologne, Joseph Stelzmann Strasse 9, 50924 Köln, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 181:557-66. 2005..Extensive continuing quality assurance programs (QAPs) during the study generations have been performed. The purpose of the present article is to summarize the experiences and results of the performed and ongoing QAPs...
- Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent transcriptional pathways: potential mediators of skeletal muscle growth and developmentNasser Al-Shanti
Institute for Biomedical Research into Human Movement and Health, Manchester Metropolitan University, John Dalton Building, Oxford Road, Manchester, M1 5GD, UK
Biol Rev Camb Philos Soc 84:637-52. 2009..transcription in the nucleus through the phosphorylation, deactivation and translocation of histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) from the nucleus to the cytoplasm...
- Generation and characterization of tTS-H4: a novel transcriptional repressor that is compatible with the reverse tetracycline-controlled TET-ON systemErnesto Bockamp
Institute of Toxicology Mouse Genetics, Johannes Gutenberg University, D 55131 Mainz, Germany
J Gene Med 9:308-18. 2007..Moreover, the tightness of tetracycline-regulated gene switches can be substantially improved by complementing transcriptional activators with antagonizing repressors...
- A histone deacetylase 4/myogenin positive feedback loop coordinates denervation-dependent gene induction and suppressionHuibin Tang
Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience Institute and Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Mol Biol Cell 20:1120-31. 2009..Recently, it was reported that histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) can mediate denervation-induced myogenin and nicotinic acetylcholine receptor gene expression...
- Actions of roxindole at recombinant human dopamine D2, D3 and D4 and serotonin 5-HT1A, 5-HT1B and 5-HT1D receptorsA Newman-Tancredi
Psychopharmacology Department, Institut de Recherches Servier, Croissy sur Seine Paris, France
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 359:447-53. 1999..The present study determined its affinity and agonist efficacy at recombinant human (h) dopamine hD2, hD3 and hD4 and serotonin (5-HT) h5-HT1A, h5-HT1B and h5-HT1D receptors...
- Loss of histone deacetylase 4 causes segregation defects during mitosis of p53-deficient human tumor cellsBruno Cadot
Department of Oncology, IRBM Merck Research Laboratories, Rome, Italy
Cancer Res 69:6074-82. 2009We investigated the role of histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) using RNA interference (RNAi) and knockout cells to specifically address its role in cell cycle progression in tumor and normal cells...
- Kinetics of repression by modified p53 on the PDGF beta-receptor promoterWeiwen Yang
Department of Medical Chemistry and Cell Biology, Institute of Biomedicine, Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Int J Cancer 123:2020-30. 2008..As binding of p53 to the promoter increased, previously bound p73, DeltaNp73, c-Myc, HDAC1 and HDAC4 were dismissed from the repressed promoter, and p300 was recruited...
- Homology modeling and atomic level binding study of Leishmania MAPK with inhibitorsMahendra Awale
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Nagar, Punjab, India
J Mol Model 16:475-88. 2010..kinases ERK1 and ERK2, which are components of the Ras-MAPK signal transduction pathway which is complexed with HDAC4 protein, and their inhibition is of significant therapeutic interest in cancer biology...
- The capability of reprogramming the male chromatin after fertilization is dependent on the quality of oocyte maturationLuisa Gioia
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche Comparate, Fisiologia Veterinaria, Università di Teramo, Piazza Aldo Moro 45, Teramo 64100, Italy
Reproduction 130:29-39. 2005..Collectively, these data demonstrated that some pig IVM oocytes fail to acquire full remodelling competence which is independent from their ooplasmic ability to morphologically reorganize the sperm nucleus into PN...
- Genome-wide loss of heterozygosity and copy number analysis in melanoma using high-density single-nucleotide polymorphism arraysMitchell Stark
Oncogenomics Laboratory, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Herston, Queensland, Australia
Cancer Res 67:2632-42. 2007..HDs were also common for PTPRD (n = 7) and HDAC4 (n = 3), TSGs recently found to be mutated or deleted in other cancer types...
- The discovery of PD 89211 and related compounds: selective dopamine D4 receptor antagonistsThomas A Pugsley
CNS Pharmacology and Chemistry, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 26:219-26. 2002..2-chloro-4-[4-[(1H-benzimidazol-2-yl)methyl]-1-piperzinyl]) that displaced [3H]spiperone binding to hD4.2 with an affinity (Ki) of 3.7 nM. PD 89211 exhibited high selectivity for the DA D4...
- High histone deacetylase 7 (HDAC7) expression is significantly associated with adenocarcinomas of the pancreasMehdi Ouaissi
Service de Chirurgie Digestive et Oncologique, Pôle d Oncologie et Spécialité Médico Chirurgicales, Assistance Pubique Hôpitaux de Marseille, Hopital Timone, 264 rue Saint Pierre, Marseille 13000, France
Ann Surg Oncol 15:2318-28. 2008..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the expression levels of members of class I (HDAC1, 2,, 3), class II (HDAC4, 5, 6, and 7), and class III (SIRT1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6) in a set of surgically resected pancreatic tissues.
- An acetylation/deacetylation-SUMOylation switch through a phylogenetically conserved psiKXEP motif in the tumor suppressor HIC1 regulates transcriptional repression activityNicolas Stankovic-Valentin
CNRS UMR 8161, Institut de Biologie de Lille, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 1 rue Calmette, BP 447, 59017 Lille Cedex, France
Mol Cell Biol 27:2661-75. 2007..that HIC1 transcriptional repression activity is positively controlled by two types of deacetylases, SIRT1 and HDAC4, which increase the deacetylation and SUMOylation, respectively, of K314...
- Proposal of Quinella ovalis gen. nov., sp. nov., based on phylogenetic analysisL R Krumholz
Department of Animal Sciences, Univeristy of Illinois, Urbana
Int J Syst Bacteriol 43:293-6. 1993..ruminantium GA192 (ATCC 12561; type strain) and S. ruminantium subsp. lactilytica HD4 (ATCC 27209) was done. These sequences were compared with those of other bacteria...
- [35S]GTPgammaS binding at the human dopamine D4 receptor variants hD4.2, hD4.4 and hD4.7 following stimulation by dopamine, epinephrine and norepinephrineChristoph Czermak
Department of General Psychiatry I, Sigmund Freud Clinics Graz, Wagner Jauregg Platz 1, 8053 Graz, Austria
Eur J Pharmacol 531:20-4. 2006..study was to investigate possible differences between the human dopamine D4 receptor 48 bp polymorphism variants hD4.2, hD.4. and hD4...
- Growth inhibition and gene induction in human hepatocellular carcinoma cell exposed to sodium 4-phenylbutanoateChun Ting Wang
Department of Medical Intensive Care Unit, Shandong Province Hospital, Affiliated Hospital of Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong 250021, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 121:1707-11. 2008..Cell cycle was detected by flow cytometry. Expression of acetylating histone H4 and of histones deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) were determined by Western blot...
- Parathyroid hormone-related peptide represses chondrocyte hypertrophy through a protein phosphatase 2A/histone deacetylase 4/MEF2 pathwayElena Kozhemyakina
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, 240 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:5751-62. 2009..PTHrP/forskolin induces dephosphorylation of histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) phospho-S246, which decreases interaction of HDAC4 with cytoplasmic 14-3-3 proteins and promotes nuclear ..
- 2-Trifluoroacetylthiophene oxadiazoles as potent and selective class II human histone deacetylase inhibitorsEster Muraglia
IRBM Merck Research Laboratories Rome, Via Pontina Km 30, 600 Pomezia, 00040 Rome, Italy
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 18:6083-7. 2008..led to the discovery that 2-trifluoroacetylthiophene 1,3,4-oxadiazole derivatives are very potent low nanomolar HDAC4 inhibitors, highly selective over class I HDACs (HDAC 1 and 3), and moderately stable in HCT116 cell culture.
- Agonist and antagonist properties of antipsychotics at human dopamine D4.4 receptors: G-protein activation and K+ channel modulation in transfected cellsAdrian Newman-Tancredi
Division of Neurobiology 2, Centre de Recherche Pierre Fabre, Castres, France
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 11:293-307. 2008..Here, we report the in-vitro profile of over 30 ligands at recombinant hD4.4 receptors. In [35S]GTPgammaS binding experiments using membranes of CHO-hD4...
- High mobility group box 1 release from hepatocytes during ischemia and reperfusion injury is mediated by decreased histone deacetylase activityJohn Evankovich
Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Biol Chem 285:39888-97. 2010..We identified the isoforms HDAC1 and HDAC4 as critical in regulating acetylated HMGB1 release...
- 4-Heterocyclylpiperidines as selective high-affinity ligands at the human dopamine D4 receptorM Rowley
Merck Sharp and Dohme, Neuroscience Research Centre, Harlow, Essex, UK
J Med Chem 40:2374-85. 1997..3) was identified from screening of the Merck sample collection as a human dopamine D4 (hD4) receptor ligand with moderate affinity (61 nM) and 4-fold selectivity over human D2 (hD2) receptors...
- Factors affecting lactate and malate utilization by Selenomonas ruminantiumJ D Evans
Department of Animal and Dairy Science, The University of Georgia, Athens 30602 2771, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 63:4853-8. 1997..ruminantium. When S. ruminantium HD4 and H18 were grown in batch culture on DL-lactate and DL-malate, both strains coutilized both organic acids for the ..
- Roles for the Saccharomyces cerevisiae SDS3, CBK1 and HYM1 genes in transcriptional repression by SIN3S Dorland
Division of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Department of Oncological Sciences, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Genetics 154:573-86. 2000..Genetic analysis demonstrates that SDS3 functions in the same genetic pathway as SIN3 and RPD3, and coimmunoprecipitation experiments show that Sds3 is physically present in the Sin3 complex...
- Loss of the putative catalytic domain of HDAC4 leads to reduced thermal nociception and seizures while allowing normal bone developmentIndrani Rajan
Neuroscience Research, Lexicon Pharmaceuticals Inc, The Woodlands, TX, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e6612. 2009Histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) has been associated with muscle & bone development -. N-terminal MEF2 and RUNX2 binding domains of HDAC4 have been shown to mediate these effects in vitro...
- Biosynthesis and role in virulence of the histone deacetylase inhibitor depudecin from Alternaria brassicicolaWanessa D Wight
Department of Energy Plant Research Laboratory, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 22:1258-67. 2009..Depudecin-minus mutants have a small (10%) but statistically significant reduction in virulence on cabbage (Brassica oleracea) but not on Arabidopsis. The role of depudecin in virulence is, therefore, less dramatic than that of HC toxin...
- Exercise-induced histone modifications in human skeletal muscleSean L McGee
Department of Physiology, the University of Melbourne 3010, Australia
J Physiol 587:5951-8. 2009..While we found no evidence of proteasomal degradation of the class IIa HDACs, we found that HDAC4 and 5 were exported from the nucleus during exercise, thereby removing their transcriptional repressive function...
- A role for the histone deacetylase HDAC4 in the life-cycle of HIV-1-based vectorsJohanna A Smith
Division of Infectious Diseases Center for Human Virology, Department of Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Virol J 7:237. 2010..Finally, some are involved in integration site selection. We have studied the role of the histone deacetylase HDAC4 in these processes...
- Androgen receptor corepressor-19 kDa (ARR19), a leucine-rich protein that represses the transcriptional activity of androgen receptor through recruitment of histone deacetylaseByung Chul Jeong
Hormone Research Center, Chonnam National University, Gwangju 500 757, Republic of Korea
Mol Endocrinol 18:13-25. 2004..The ARR19 repression of AR transactivation is through the recruitment of histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) by ARR19. Overexpression of HDAC4 further inhibits the ARR19-repressed AR transactivation...
- Nuclear Events in PTH Action on BoneNicola C Partridge; Fiscal Year: 2013..to conclude that, under basal conditions, the MMP-13 gene is repressed by the presence of histone deacetylase- 4 (HDAC4) bound to Runx2 at the runt domain binding site (RD at -132/-126 of the MMP-13 promoter)...
- The Role of a Specific Epigenetic Mechanism in Cocaine-induced Drug-seeking BehavGEORGE A ROGGE; Fiscal Year: 2013..Hypothesis: HDAC3 forms a complex with HDAC4 and 5 in vivo to facilitate nuclear localization and histone deacetylation. Specific Aim 2...
- Shaping the craniofacial skeleton in the zebrafishAPRIL F DELAURIER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recent analyses suggest that class II histone deacetylase-4 (Hdac4) represses Mef2c...
- Transcriptional control of activity-dependent synaptic plasticityRICHARD CHESLOCK SANDO; Fiscal Year: 2013..We hypothesize that HDAC4, a member of the class II histone deacetylase family that shuttles between the nucleus and cytoplasm, controls a ..
- Histone deacetylase 4 and neural activity-dependent muscle remodeling and atrophyTso Pang Yao; Fiscal Year: 2012..Toward this goal, we have identified HDAC4, a negative regulator of MEF2 transcription factors, as a potential protein critical for neuromuscular activity-..
- p38 acetylation: Novel signaling mechanisms and myocardial protectionTing C Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2013..p38 acetylation is a signaling mechanism critical for myocardial protection and regulation of downstream substrate HDAC4 to form a partnership in the genesis of protective events...
- REGULATION OF RUNX-2 TRANSCRIPTIONAL ACTIVITYJennifer J Westendorf; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have identified four Hdacs (Hdac3, Hdac4, Hdac6, Hdac7) and the Hdac- associated co-repressor, mSinSA, as Runx2 interacting proteins...
- Molecular Mechanism of miR-140 in Colon CancerJingfang Ju; Fiscal Year: 2013..We also discovered that one of the key targets of miR-140 is histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4), implying that miR-140 could potentially modulate transcriptional activation of genes involved in cell cycle ..
- The role and regulation of HDAC5 in cocaine addictionMaria B Carreira; Fiscal Year: 2013..This class contains four members (HDAC4, 5, 7 and 9) and is unique in its ability to shuttle in and out of the nucleus...
- Histone deacetylase-mediated reduction of ischemia-reperfusion injuryPeter J Gruber; Fiscal Year: 2013..we will test the hypothesis that loss of HDAC2 mediates the effect of HDAC inhibitor ischemic protection via HDAC4 by determining if HDAC4 overexpression is sufficient to abrogate the effect of HDAC2-mediated I/R protection...
- HDAC Class IIa specific PET radiotracers for PET imaging of CNSJuri G Gelovani; Fiscal Year: 2010..mechanisms involved in the development of drug addiction behavior, histone deacetylase (HDAC) Class IIa enzymes HDAC4 and HDAC5 have emerged as important targets for the development of novel therapies for drug addiction...
- CHARACTERIZATION OF COREPRESSOR N-COR COMPLEXESJiemin Wong; Fiscal Year: 2005..to depend on histone deacetylase (HDAC) activity and involves multiple histone deacetylases including HDAC1/2, HDAC4, HDAC5 and HDAC7...
- Regulation of histone deacetylase 7 (HDAC7) activityHung Ying Kao; Fiscal Year: 2006..HDAC7 (Histone deacetylase 7) belongs to the class II HDACs that includes HDAC4, -5, -6, -9, and -10...
- Histone Deacetylation Regulates Growth Plate DevelopmentLei Wei; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our recent findings indicate that histone deacetylation 4 (HDAC4) nuclear-cytoplasmic shuttling, degradation, and translational repression plays a major role in this process...
- Methionine sulfoxide reductase A and oxidized CaMKII in structural heart diseaseMark E Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2013..a previously unknown pathway where ox-CaMKII drives myocardial matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP9) expression by HDAC4/5 phosphorylation and MEF2 derepression. Aim 2 Determine the role of ox-CaMKII in myocardial hypertrophy...
- HDAC4-mediated Photoreceptor Protection in Retinal DegenerationBo Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our previous study demonstrated a novel role of HDAC4 in promoting rod survival in a mouse model of RP...
- The Molecular Pathogenesis of Skeletal Muscle AtrophyKale S Bongers; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose two aims to test this model. In Aim 1, we will determine the mechanism by which the lysine deacetylase HDAC4 increases Gadd45a mRNA levels...
- CALCIUM/CALMODULIN ACTIVATED KINASES IN SMOOTH MUSCLEHarold A Singer; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will test the hypothesis that CaMKII regulates the co-repressors HDAC4 and HDAC5 in synthetic phenotype VSM...
- Activity-dependent regulation of neuromuscular junction formationDANIEL J GOLDMAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..Specifically, we propose to: 1) Evaluate the role Dach2 and MITR play during development of the NMJ;2) Examine if HDAC4 coordinates Dach2 and MITR gene repression in response to muscle innervation;and 3) Determine if the Dach ..
- Role and regulation of class IIa HDACs in cocaine addictionCHRISTOPHER WILLIAM COWAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, we find that the closely-related enzyme, HDAC4, is oppositely regulated by chronic cocaine exposure, suggesting an important role for this regulation in the ..
- Cardioprotective effects of thioredoxin 1Junichi Sadoshima; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, redox regulation of Dnajb5 and HDAC4 by Trx1 through multi-protein complex formation mediates both subcellular localization and enzyme activity of ..
- TGF-Beta regulation of Runx2 in bone formation and qualityTamara Alliston; Fiscal Year: 2007..Specifically, the repression of Runx2 by Smad3/HDAC4/5 confers TGF-[unreadable] inhibitory signals to osteocalcin and Runx2 expression, and to osteoblast ..
- Chondrocyte S100/Calgranulins and RAGE in OsteoarthritisRobert Terkeltaub; Fiscal Year: 2009..that promotes Rac1 and PI3K signaling upstream to MKK3 and p38 MARK activation, followed by essential downstream HDAC4 depletion to induce terminal hypertrophic chondrocyte differentiation...
- Integration site selection by HIV-1 and HIV-1 based vectorsRene Daniel; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specific Aims: 1/ We will test the hypothesis that the preintegration complex-associated cellular protein HDAC4 influences integration site selection;2/ We will test the hypotheses that the chromatin-binding domain of the ..
- Cytoplasmic Cam KIIRegulates Cardiomyocyte TranscriptionSTEPHEN GRANT; Fiscal Year: 2006..This phosphorylation leads to dissociation of the complex allowing HDAC4/5 to enter the nucleus and bind MEF2, thereby silencing MEF2-dependent gene transcription (iv) direct ..
- Functional Analysis of Histone DeacetylasesEdward Seto; Fiscal Year: 2006..Particular emphasis will be devoted to a detailed molecular dissection of the human HDAC3 and HDAC4 enzymes, and the elucidation of the molecular mechanisms by which HDAC inhibitors alter gene transcription...
- Molecular control of HDAC4-mediated neuroprotectionSANTOSH D MELLO; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have found that one member of the HDAC family of proteins, HDAC4, protects neurons from apoptosis...
- Neuron Target Interaction - a Developmental Genetic StudyKarl Herrup; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Purkinje Cell Development: A Numerical StudyKarl Herrup; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will subdivide the 3.2kb region to more precisely identify the Purkinje cell enhancer. BAC transgenic mice will be used to identify the cis-element responsible for the banding. ..
- Cell cycle events: outcomes measures in Alzheimer modelsKarl Herrup; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- A New In Vitro Model for HIV LatencyEric Verdin; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies should further establish the validity of our model for the study of HIV latency in patients. ..
- MODULATION OF CD8 T CELL FUNCTION BY HIV ENVELOPE PROTEIEric Verdin; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- MODULATION OF T CELL FUNCTIONS BY HIV1 TATEric Verdin; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies will further define the role of Tat as modulator of T cell differentiated functions and establish its role in HIV pathogenesis. ..
- Targeting of the Androgen Receptor in Prostate CancerJohn Isaacs; Fiscal Year: 2005..These peptide prodrugs will be designed so that they are substrates for the enzymatic activity of either Prostate Specific Antigen. ..
- Alpha-Myosin Heavy Chain Gene Repression & Heart FailureMahesh Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2004..The PI will also analyze the physiological significance of PNRB in alpha-MHC expression in a while heart preparation, and on the contractile characteristics of a failing heart. ..
- Regulation of HIV transcription and replication by SDF-1gammaEric Verdin; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will determine whether a correlations exist between SDF-1gamma expression, HIV replication and the presence of the SDF1-3'A allele. ..
- HDAC4 Viability: Unique Mechanisms and FunctionGary Kao; Fiscal Year: 2007..We have previously discovered that human histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) is a component of the DNA damage response that contributes to mediating G2/M checkpoints, and promotes the ..
- Histone deacetylases in pathogenesis of heart failureMahesh Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2007..Recently, we have shown that serum response factor (SRF) is a functional interacting target of HDAC4. In myocytes HDAC4 binds to SRF leading to nuclear localization of the SRF-HDAC4 complex and repression of ..
- The Zebrafish Radioresponse for High-Throughput and -Content Molecular ScreeningGary Kao; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of PML nuclear body proteins for establishment of EBV latent infectionPAUL DALLING LING; Fiscal Year: 2010..Design of EBNA2 and/or EBNA-LP inhibitors is a potential practical application that will be derived from our studies. ..
- Cellular Response to Retroviral DNA IntegrationRene Daniel; Fiscal Year: 2007..They should also significantly enhance our understanding of the function of these important cellular pathways. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ROLE OF CHROMATIN IN HIV TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATIONERIC M VERDIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..These experiments have the potential of identifying novel factors mediating HIV transcriptional regulation that could be targeted therapeutically in the future. ..