Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HDAC4
Description: histone deacetylase 4
Alias: AHO3, BDMR, HA6116, HD4, HDAC-4, HDAC-A, HDACA, histone deacetylase A
Publications162 found, 100 shown here
- Interaction of ruminal bacteria in the production and utilization of maltooligosaccharides from starchM A Cotta
Fermentation Biochemistry Unit, USDA Agricultural Research Service, Peoria, Illinois 61604
Appl Environ Microbiol 58:48-54. 1992..Selenomonas ruminantium HD4 grew poorly on starch, digested only a small portion of the available substrate, and generated no detectable ..
- Effect of sugars and malate on ruminal microorganismsS A Martin
Department of Animal and Dairy Science, The University of Georgia, Athens 30602 2771, USA
J Dairy Sci 83:2574-9. 2000..When S. ruminantium strains HD4 and H18 were incubated in basal medium that contained DL-lactate, some DL-lactate was utilized by both strains ..
- Caspase-mediated specific cleavage of human histone deacetylase 4Fang Liu
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, John Morgan 180H, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 279:34537-46. 2004Histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) is a class II HDAC implicated in controlling gene expression important for diverse cellular functions, but little is known about how its expression and stability are regulated...
- Aminoglycoside-induced histone deacetylation and hair cell death in the mouse cochleaFu Quan Chen
Kresge Hearing Research Institute, Department of Otolaryngology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
J Neurochem 108:1226-36. 2009..Protein levels of HDAC1, HDAC3 and HDAC4 were increased while the histone acetyltransferases such as CREB-binding protein and p300 remained unchanged...
- CaM kinase II selectively signals to histone deacetylase 4 during cardiomyocyte hypertrophyJohannes Backs
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9148, USA
J Clin Invest 116:1853-64. 2006..Here we show that calcium/calmodulin-dependent kinase II (CaMKII) signals specifically to HDAC4 by binding to a unique docking site that is absent in other class IIa HDACs...
- Activation of the myocyte enhancer factor-2 transcription factor by calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase-stimulated binding of 14-3-3 to histone deacetylase 5T A McKinsey
Department of Molecular Biology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 6000 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:14400-5. 2000..To further define the mechanisms that confer CaMK responsiveness to HDAC4 and -5, we performed yeast two-hybrid screens to identify HDAC-interacting factors...
- The SMRT and N-CoR corepressors are activating cofactors for histone deacetylase 3M G Guenther
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, The Penn Diabetes Center, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:6091-101. 2001..In contrast, SMRT does not activate the class II HDAC4, with which it also interacts...
- HDAC4 deacetylase associates with and represses the MEF2 transcription factorE A Miska
Wellcome CRC Institute, Department of Pathology, Cambridge, UK
EMBO J 18:5099-107. 1999..Here we identify and characterize HDAC4, a representative of a new human histone deacetylase family, which is homologous to the yeast HDA1 deacetylase...
- Novel structural insights into class I and II histone deacetylasesRalf Ficner
Department of Molecular Structural Biology, Institute for Microbiology and Genetics, GZMB, Georg August University Gottingen, 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Curr Top Med Chem 9:235-40. 2009..Here recent developments in the crystal structure analysis of human HDAC4, HDAC7, and HDAC8, which all belong to the family of zinc ion-dependent HDACs, are described...
- Class II histone deacetylases: versatile regulatorsEric Verdin
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of California San Francisco, PO Box 419100, San Francisco, CA 94141, USA
Trends Genet 19:286-93. 2003..We discuss their emerging biological functions and the molecular mechanisms by which they are regulated...
- Signal-dependent nuclear export of a histone deacetylase regulates muscle differentiationT A McKinsey
Department of Molecular Biology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 75390 9148, USA
Nature 408:106-11. 2000..MEF2 proteins also interact with the class II histone deacetylases HDAC4 and HDAC5, resulting in repression of MEF2-dependent genes...
- HDAC4, a human histone deacetylase related to yeast HDA1, is a transcriptional corepressorA H Wang
Molecular Oncology Group, Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 19:7816-27. 1999..Here we describe the functional characterization of HDAC4, a human histone deacetylase whose C-terminal part displays significant sequence similarity to the deacetylase ..
- Nuclear receptor corepressors partner with class II histone deacetylases in a Sin3-independent repression pathwayE Y Huang
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, Departments of Medicine and Genetics, and The Penn Diabetes Center, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 USA
Genes Dev 14:45-54. 2000..that one RD, which is conserved in N-CoR and SMRT, represses transcription by interacting directly with class II HDAC4 and HDAC5. Endogenous N-CoR and SMRT each associate with HDAC4 in a complex that does not contain mSin3A or HDAC1...
- Functional characterization of an amino-terminal region of HDAC4 that possesses MEF2 binding and transcriptional repressive activityJonathan K L Chan
Department of Biochemistry, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, China
J Biol Chem 278:23515-21. 2003..The amino terminus of HDAC4 can associate with the DNA-bound MEF2 in vitro, suggesting that it does not repress MEF2 simply by disrupting the ..
- Transforming growth factor-beta stimulates p300-dependent RUNX3 acetylation, which inhibits ubiquitination-mediated degradationYun Hye Jin
Department of Biochemistry and Urology, School of Medicine and Institute for Tumor Research, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju 361 763, South Korea
J Biol Chem 279:29409-17. 2004..Our findings demonstrate that the level of RUNX3 protein is controlled by the competitive acetylation and deacetylation of the three lysine residues, revealing a new mechanism for the posttranslational regulation of RUNX3 expression...
- Three proteins define a class of human histone deacetylases related to yeast Hda1pC M Grozinger
Departments of Chemistry and Chemical Biology and Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, 12 Oxford Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:4868-73. 1999..The corresponding full-length cDNAs were cloned and defined as HDAC4, HDAC5, and HDAC6...
- A new family of human histone deacetylases related to Saccharomyces cerevisiae HDA1pW Fischle
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94141 9100, USA
J Biol Chem 274:11713-20. 1999..In immunoprecipitation experiments, HDAC-A interacted specifically with several cellular proteins, indicating that it might be part of a larger multiprotein complex...
- Enzymatic activity associated with class II HDACs is dependent on a multiprotein complex containing HDAC3 and SMRT/N-CoRWolfgang Fischle
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94141, USA
Mol Cell 9:45-57. 2002..Here, we show that the catalytic domain of HDAC4 interacts with HDAC3 via the transcriptional corepressor N-CoR/SMRT...
- Histone deacetylase 4 interacts with 53BP1 to mediate the DNA damage responseGary D Kao
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Cell Biol 160:1017-27. 2003..b>HDAC4 foci gradually disappeared in repair-proficient cells but persisted in repair-deficient cell lines or cells ..
- Xylose uptake by the ruminal bacterium Selenomonas ruminantiumD K Williams
Department of Microbiology, University of Georgia, Athens 30602
Appl Environ Microbiol 56:1683-8. 1990Selenomonas ruminantium HD4 does not use the phosphoenolpyruvate phosphotransferase system to transport xylose (S. A. Martin and J. B. Russell, J. Gen. Microbiol. 134:819-827, 1988). Xylose uptake by whole cells of S...
- Anticancer effects of the MHY218 novel hydroxamic acid-derived histone deacetylase inhibitor in human ovarian cancer cellsHeui Sook Jeon
College of Pharmacy, Pusan National University, Jangjeon Dong, Geumjeong Gu, Busan 609 735, South Korea
Int J Oncol 37:419-28. 2010..MHY218 significantly reduced the expression of HDAC4 and HDAC7 in SKOV-3 cells...
- Histone deacetylase 5 acquires calcium/calmodulin-dependent kinase II responsiveness by oligomerization with histone deacetylase 4Johannes Backs
Department of Molecular Biology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9148, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:3437-45. 2008Calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II (CaMKII) phosphorylates histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4), a class IIa HDAC, resulting in the cytosolic accumulation of HDAC4 and the derepression of the transcription factor myocyte enhancer ..
- HDA1 and RPD3 are members of distinct yeast histone deacetylase complexes that regulate silencing and transcriptionS E Rundlett
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of California School of Medicine, Los Angeles 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:14503-8. 1996..These data demonstrate that histone acetylation state has a role in regulating both heterochromatic silencing and regulated gene expression...
- Class II histone deacetylases are associated with VHL-independent regulation of hypoxia-inducible factor 1 alphaDavid Z Qian
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Cancer Res 66:8814-21. 2006..Coimmunoprecipitation studies showed that class II HDAC4 and HDAC6 were associated with HIF-1 alpha protein...
- Fermentation of xylans by Butyrivibrio fibrisolvens and other ruminal bacteriaR B Hespell
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana 61801
Appl Environ Microbiol 53:2849-53. 1987..of carbohydrate that supported low levels of growth of nonxylanolytic strains such as Selenomonas ruminantium HD4. Compared to growth on hexoses, the same array of fermentation acids was produced upon growth on xylans for most ..
- Growth and fermentation responses of Selenomonas ruminantium to limiting and non-limiting concentrations of ammonium chlorideS C Ricke
Department of Poultry Science, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843 2472, USA
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 46:169-75. 1996..of this study was to assess fermentation product, growth rate and growth yield responses of Selenomonas ruminantium HD4 to limiting and non-limiting ammonia concentrations. The ammonia half-inhibition constant for S...
- The development of quality assurance programs for radiotherapy within the German Hodgkin Study Group (GHSG). Introduction, continuing work, and results of the radiotherapy reference panelRolf Peter Muller
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Cologne, Joseph Stelzmann Strasse 9, 50924 Köln, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 181:557-66. 2005..Extensive continuing quality assurance programs (QAPs) during the study generations have been performed. The purpose of the present article is to summarize the experiences and results of the performed and ongoing QAPs...
- Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent transcriptional pathways: potential mediators of skeletal muscle growth and developmentNasser Al-Shanti
Institute for Biomedical Research into Human Movement and Health, Manchester Metropolitan University, John Dalton Building, Oxford Road, Manchester, M1 5GD, UK
Biol Rev Camb Philos Soc 84:637-52. 2009..transcription in the nucleus through the phosphorylation, deactivation and translocation of histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) from the nucleus to the cytoplasm...
- Generation and characterization of tTS-H4: a novel transcriptional repressor that is compatible with the reverse tetracycline-controlled TET-ON systemErnesto Bockamp
Institute of Toxicology Mouse Genetics, Johannes Gutenberg University, D 55131 Mainz, Germany
J Gene Med 9:308-18. 2007..Moreover, the tightness of tetracycline-regulated gene switches can be substantially improved by complementing transcriptional activators with antagonizing repressors...
- A histone deacetylase 4/myogenin positive feedback loop coordinates denervation-dependent gene induction and suppressionHuibin Tang
Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience Institute and Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Mol Biol Cell 20:1120-31. 2009..Recently, it was reported that histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) can mediate denervation-induced myogenin and nicotinic acetylcholine receptor gene expression...
- Kinetics of repression by modified p53 on the PDGF beta-receptor promoterWeiwen Yang
Department of Medical Chemistry and Cell Biology, Institute of Biomedicine, Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Int J Cancer 123:2020-30. 2008..As binding of p53 to the promoter increased, previously bound p73, DeltaNp73, c-Myc, HDAC1 and HDAC4 were dismissed from the repressed promoter, and p300 was recruited...
- Actions of roxindole at recombinant human dopamine D2, D3 and D4 and serotonin 5-HT1A, 5-HT1B and 5-HT1D receptorsA Newman-Tancredi
Psychopharmacology Department, Institut de Recherches Servier, Croissy sur Seine Paris, France
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 359:447-53. 1999..The present study determined its affinity and agonist efficacy at recombinant human (h) dopamine hD2, hD3 and hD4 and serotonin (5-HT) h5-HT1A, h5-HT1B and h5-HT1D receptors...
- Loss of histone deacetylase 4 causes segregation defects during mitosis of p53-deficient human tumor cellsBruno Cadot
Department of Oncology, IRBM Merck Research Laboratories, Rome, Italy
Cancer Res 69:6074-82. 2009We investigated the role of histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) using RNA interference (RNAi) and knockout cells to specifically address its role in cell cycle progression in tumor and normal cells...
- Homology modeling and atomic level binding study of Leishmania MAPK with inhibitorsMahendra Awale
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Nagar, Punjab, India
J Mol Model 16:475-88. 2010..kinases ERK1 and ERK2, which are components of the Ras-MAPK signal transduction pathway which is complexed with HDAC4 protein, and their inhibition is of significant therapeutic interest in cancer biology...
- The capability of reprogramming the male chromatin after fertilization is dependent on the quality of oocyte maturationLuisa Gioia
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche Comparate, Fisiologia Veterinaria, Università di Teramo, Piazza Aldo Moro 45, Teramo 64100, Italy
Reproduction 130:29-39. 2005..Collectively, these data demonstrated that some pig IVM oocytes fail to acquire full remodelling competence which is independent from their ooplasmic ability to morphologically reorganize the sperm nucleus into PN...
- Genome-wide loss of heterozygosity and copy number analysis in melanoma using high-density single-nucleotide polymorphism arraysMitchell Stark
Oncogenomics Laboratory, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Herston, Queensland, Australia
Cancer Res 67:2632-42. 2007..HDs were also common for PTPRD (n = 7) and HDAC4 (n = 3), TSGs recently found to be mutated or deleted in other cancer types...
- HDAC4 and PCAF bind to cardiac sarcomeres and play a role in regulating myofilament contractile activityMahesh P Gupta
Department of Surgery, Committee on Molecular Medicine, Biological Science Division, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Biol Chem 283:10135-46. 2008..We found that a Class II HDAC, HDAC4, and an HAT, PCAF, associate with cardiac myofilaments...
- The discovery of PD 89211 and related compounds: selective dopamine D4 receptor antagonistsThomas A Pugsley
CNS Pharmacology and Chemistry, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 26:219-26. 2002..2-chloro-4-[4-[(1H-benzimidazol-2-yl)methyl]-1-piperzinyl]) that displaced [3H]spiperone binding to hD4.2 with an affinity (Ki) of 3.7 nM. PD 89211 exhibited high selectivity for the DA D4...
- High histone deacetylase 7 (HDAC7) expression is significantly associated with adenocarcinomas of the pancreasMehdi Ouaissi
Service de Chirurgie Digestive et Oncologique, Pôle d Oncologie et Spécialité Médico Chirurgicales, Assistance Pubique Hôpitaux de Marseille, Hopital Timone, 264 rue Saint Pierre, Marseille 13000, France
Ann Surg Oncol 15:2318-28. 2008..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the expression levels of members of class I (HDAC1, 2,, 3), class II (HDAC4, 5, 6, and 7), and class III (SIRT1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6) in a set of surgically resected pancreatic tissues.
- An acetylation/deacetylation-SUMOylation switch through a phylogenetically conserved psiKXEP motif in the tumor suppressor HIC1 regulates transcriptional repression activityNicolas Stankovic-Valentin
CNRS UMR 8161, Institut de Biologie de Lille, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 1 rue Calmette, BP 447, 59017 Lille Cedex, France
Mol Cell Biol 27:2661-75. 2007..that HIC1 transcriptional repression activity is positively controlled by two types of deacetylases, SIRT1 and HDAC4, which increase the deacetylation and SUMOylation, respectively, of K314...
- [35S]GTPgammaS binding at the human dopamine D4 receptor variants hD4.2, hD4.4 and hD4.7 following stimulation by dopamine, epinephrine and norepinephrineChristoph Czermak
Department of General Psychiatry I, Sigmund Freud Clinics Graz, Wagner Jauregg Platz 1, 8053 Graz, Austria
Eur J Pharmacol 531:20-4. 2006..study was to investigate possible differences between the human dopamine D4 receptor 48 bp polymorphism variants hD4.2, hD.4. and hD4...
- Proposal of Quinella ovalis gen. nov., sp. nov., based on phylogenetic analysisL R Krumholz
Department of Animal Sciences, Univeristy of Illinois, Urbana
Int J Syst Bacteriol 43:293-6. 1993..ruminantium GA192 (ATCC 12561; type strain) and S. ruminantium subsp. lactilytica HD4 (ATCC 27209) was done. These sequences were compared with those of other bacteria...
- Agonist and antagonist properties of antipsychotics at human dopamine D4.4 receptors: G-protein activation and K+ channel modulation in transfected cellsAdrian Newman-Tancredi
Division of Neurobiology 2, Centre de Recherche Pierre Fabre, Castres, France
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 11:293-307. 2008..Here, we report the in-vitro profile of over 30 ligands at recombinant hD4.4 receptors. In [35S]GTPgammaS binding experiments using membranes of CHO-hD4...
- 2-Trifluoroacetylthiophene oxadiazoles as potent and selective class II human histone deacetylase inhibitorsEster Muraglia
IRBM Merck Research Laboratories Rome, Via Pontina Km 30, 600 Pomezia, 00040 Rome, Italy
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 18:6083-7. 2008..led to the discovery that 2-trifluoroacetylthiophene 1,3,4-oxadiazole derivatives are very potent low nanomolar HDAC4 inhibitors, highly selective over class I HDACs (HDAC 1 and 3), and moderately stable in HCT116 cell culture.
- Growth inhibition and gene induction in human hepatocellular carcinoma cell exposed to sodium 4-phenylbutanoateChun Ting Wang
Department of Medical Intensive Care Unit, Shandong Province Hospital, Affiliated Hospital of Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong 250021, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 121:1707-11. 2008..Cell cycle was detected by flow cytometry. Expression of acetylating histone H4 and of histones deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) were determined by Western blot...
- Parathyroid hormone-related peptide represses chondrocyte hypertrophy through a protein phosphatase 2A/histone deacetylase 4/MEF2 pathwayElena Kozhemyakina
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, 240 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:5751-62. 2009..PTHrP/forskolin induces dephosphorylation of histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) phospho-S246, which decreases interaction of HDAC4 with cytoplasmic 14-3-3 proteins and promotes nuclear ..
- High mobility group box 1 release from hepatocytes during ischemia and reperfusion injury is mediated by decreased histone deacetylase activityJohn Evankovich
Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Biol Chem 285:39888-97. 2010..We identified the isoforms HDAC1 and HDAC4 as critical in regulating acetylated HMGB1 release...
- Androgen receptor corepressor-19 kDa (ARR19), a leucine-rich protein that represses the transcriptional activity of androgen receptor through recruitment of histone deacetylaseByung Chul Jeong
Hormone Research Center, Chonnam National University, Gwangju 500 757, Republic of Korea
Mol Endocrinol 18:13-25. 2004..The ARR19 repression of AR transactivation is through the recruitment of histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) by ARR19. Overexpression of HDAC4 further inhibits the ARR19-repressed AR transactivation...
- A role for the histone deacetylase HDAC4 in the life-cycle of HIV-1-based vectorsJohanna A Smith
Division of Infectious Diseases Center for Human Virology, Department of Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Virol J 7:237. 2010..Finally, some are involved in integration site selection. We have studied the role of the histone deacetylase HDAC4 in these processes...
- Roles for the Saccharomyces cerevisiae SDS3, CBK1 and HYM1 genes in transcriptional repression by SIN3S Dorland
Division of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Department of Oncological Sciences, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Genetics 154:573-86. 2000..Genetic analysis demonstrates that SDS3 functions in the same genetic pathway as SIN3 and RPD3, and coimmunoprecipitation experiments show that Sds3 is physically present in the Sin3 complex...
- Biosynthesis and role in virulence of the histone deacetylase inhibitor depudecin from Alternaria brassicicolaWanessa D Wight
Department of Energy Plant Research Laboratory, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 22:1258-67. 2009..Depudecin-minus mutants have a small (10%) but statistically significant reduction in virulence on cabbage (Brassica oleracea) but not on Arabidopsis. The role of depudecin in virulence is, therefore, less dramatic than that of HC toxin...
- Loss of the putative catalytic domain of HDAC4 leads to reduced thermal nociception and seizures while allowing normal bone developmentIndrani Rajan
Neuroscience Research, Lexicon Pharmaceuticals Inc, The Woodlands, TX, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e6612. 2009Histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) has been associated with muscle & bone development -. N-terminal MEF2 and RUNX2 binding domains of HDAC4 have been shown to mediate these effects in vitro...
- Factors affecting lactate and malate utilization by Selenomonas ruminantiumJ D Evans
Department of Animal and Dairy Science, The University of Georgia, Athens 30602 2771, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 63:4853-8. 1997..ruminantium. When S. ruminantium HD4 and H18 were grown in batch culture on DL-lactate and DL-malate, both strains coutilized both organic acids for the ..
- 4-Heterocyclylpiperidines as selective high-affinity ligands at the human dopamine D4 receptorM Rowley
Merck Sharp and Dohme, Neuroscience Research Centre, Harlow, Essex, UK
J Med Chem 40:2374-85. 1997..3) was identified from screening of the Merck sample collection as a human dopamine D4 (hD4) receptor ligand with moderate affinity (61 nM) and 4-fold selectivity over human D2 (hD2) receptors...
- Exercise-induced histone modifications in human skeletal muscleSean L McGee
Department of Physiology, the University of Melbourne 3010, Australia
J Physiol 587:5951-8. 2009..While we found no evidence of proteasomal degradation of the class IIa HDACs, we found that HDAC4 and 5 were exported from the nucleus during exercise, thereby removing their transcriptional repressive function...
- Complete nucleotide sequence of a cryptic plasmid from the ruminal bacterium Selenomonas ruminantium HD4 and identification of two predicted open reading framesS F Al-Khaldi
Department of Animal and Dairy Science, The University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602 2771, USA
Plasmid 42:45-52. 1999A cryptic plasmid (pSR1) isolated from Selenomonas ruminantium HD4 was previously cloned into the HindIII site of pBR322 and a restriction map was constructed using HindIII, ClaI, BamHI, and PvuII (S. A. Martin and R. G. Dean, Appl...
- New p53 related genes in human tumors: significant downregulation in colon and lung carcinomasM E Lleonart
Department of Pathology, Hospital Vall d Hebron, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Oncol Rep 16:603-8. 2006..Recently, five genes: RPS6KA6, HDAC4, KIAA0828, TCP1 and Tip60, which modulate p53-dependent function and avoid senescence were identified in a large-..
- Differential expression of selected histone modifier genes in human solid cancersHilal Ozdag
Department of Oncology, Hutchison MRC Research Centre, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 2XZ, UK
BMC Genomics 7:90. 2006..types: histone acetyltransferases (HATs)- EP300, CREBBP, and PCAF; histone deacetylases (HDACs)- HDAC1, HDAC2, HDAC4, HDAC5, HDAC7A, and SIRT1; and histone methyltransferases (HMTs)- SUV39H1and SUV39H2...
- Mechanisms underlying lack of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 expression in non-small-cell lung cancerYoon Soo Chang
Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Box 432, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Oncogene 23:6569-80. 2004..Thus interference with Sp-1 transactivation by MeCP2 may contribute to the transcriptional defect of IGFBP-3 expression in NSCLC cells with methylated promoter...
- Prostate 25-hydroxyvitamin D-1alpha-hydroxylase is up-regulated by suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid (SAHA), a histone deacetylase inhibitorLilin Wang
Section of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Nutrition, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Anticancer Res 28:2009-13. 2008....
- Nifedipine inhibits cardiac hypertrophy and left ventricular dysfunction in response to pressure overloadTetsuro Ago
Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Institute, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 185 South Orange Avenue, MSB G 609, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
J Cardiovasc Transl Res 3:304-13. 2010..of CaMKII and NFAT by phenylephrine, accompanied by suppression of Ser 632 phosphorylation and nuclear exit of HDAC4 in cardiac myocytes...
- Differential expression of microRNA (miRNA) in chordoma reveals a role for miRNA-1 in Met expressionZhenfeng Duan
Center for Sarcoma and Connective Tissue Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Orthop Res 28:746-52. 2010..These targets included Met and HDAC4-two genes that were observed to be overexpressed in chordoma...
- Cellular conditioning with trichostatin A enhances the anti-stress response through up-regulation of HDAC4 and down-regulation of the IGF/Akt pathwayFei Chu
Children s Memorial Research Center, Children s Memorial Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicargo, IL, USA
Aging Cell 7:516-25. 2008..Since expression of HDAC4 was consistently enhanced in the TSA-resistant cell lines, we suggest that this enzyme may contribute to their ..
- Identification of a broad-specificity xylosidase/arabinosidase important for xylooligosaccharide fermentation by the ruminal anaerobe Selenomonas ruminantium GA192T R Whitehead
Fermentation Biochemistry Research Unit, National Center for Agricultural Utilization Research, USDA, Agricultural Research Service, Peoria, IL 61604, USA
Curr Microbiol 43:293-8. 2001..xylose through xylotetraose and was able to ferment considerable quantities of larger oligosaccharides, to strain HD4, which used only the simple sugars present in the hydrolysate. The ability of S...
- SUMOylation substrates in neuronal intranuclear inclusion diseaseJ Takahashi-Fujigasaki
Division of Neuropathology, The Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, 105 8461, Japan
Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol 32:92-100. 2006..SUMO-1) and the SUMOylation substrates promyelocytic leukaemia protein (PML) and histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4)...
- Histone deacetylase: a target for antiproliferative and antiprotozoal agentsP T Meinke
Merck Research Laboratories, Department of Medicinal Chemistry, PO Box 2000, Rahway, NJ 07065 0900
Curr Med Chem 8:211-35. 2001....
- MEF2C transcription factor controls chondrocyte hypertrophy and bone developmentMichael A Arnold
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Dev Cell 12:377-89. 2007..bone formation is exquisitely sensitive to the balance between MEF2C and the corepressor histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4), such that bone deficiency of Mef2c mutant mice can be rescued by an Hdac4 mutation, and ectopic ossification in ..
- Chronic cocaine-induced H3 acetylation and transcriptional activation of CaMKIIalpha in the nucleus accumbens is critical for motivation for drug reinforcementLei Wang
Pharmacology Research Center and the State Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology, Shanghai Medical College and Institutes of Brain Science, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Neuropsychopharmacology 35:913-28. 2010..neutralizing the chronic cocaine-induced increase in histone modification by the bilateral overexpression of HDAC4 in the NAc shell reduced drug motivation...
- [Epigenetic regulation in depression]Koji Otsuki
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Yamaguchi University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 1, Minamikogushi, Ube, 755 8505 Japan
Nihon Shinkei Seishin Yakurigaku Zasshi 32:181-6. 2012..We found a reduced level of HDAC4 recruitment at the GDNF promoter region with antidepressants...
- NOX2-dependent ROS is required for HDAC5 nuclear efflux and contributes to HDAC4 nuclear efflux during intense repetitive activity of fast skeletal muscle fibersYewei Liu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201 1503, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 303:C334-47. 2012Reactive oxygen species (ROS) have been linked to oxidation and nuclear efflux of class IIa histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) in cardiac muscle...
- Bortezomib induction and maintenance treatment in patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma: results of the randomized phase III HOVON-65/ GMMG-HD4 trialPieter Sonneveld
Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 30:2946-55. 2012..We investigated whether bortezomib during induction and maintenance improves survival in newly diagnosed multiple myeloma (MM)...
- Oxidative stress drives disulfide bond formation between basic helix-loop-helix transcription factorsTheodora E Danciu
Department of Developmental Biology, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Cell Biochem 109:417-24. 2010..Twist1 homodimers significantly reduced its ability to interact with two of its binding partners, Runx2 and HDAC4, indicating that disulfide dimerization in response to H(2)O(2) has functional significance...
- Sequence-specific recognition of a PxLPxI/L motif by an ankyrin repeat tumbler lockChao Xu
Structural Genomics Consortium, University of Toronto, 101 College Street, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1L7, Canada
Sci Signal 5:ra39. 2012..A protein 2 (ANKRA2) interacts with the plasma membrane receptor megalin and the class IIa histone deacetylases HDAC4 and HDAC5...
- Ski inhibits TGF-β/phospho-Smad3 signaling and accelerates hypertrophic differentiation in chondrocytesKyung Ok Kim
Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Center for Musculoskeletal Research, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue Box 665, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Cell Biochem 113:2156-66. 2012..does Ski associate with phospho-Smad2 and 3, but its association with phospho-Smad3 is required for recruitment of HDAC4 and 5...
- Potent histone deacetylase inhibitors built from trichostatin A and cyclic tetrapeptide antibiotics including trapoxinR Furumai
Department of Biotechnology, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8657, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:87-92. 2001..Interestingly, HDAC6, but not HDAC1 or HDAC4, was resistant to TPX and CHAP1, whereas TSA inhibited these HDACs to a similar extent...
- Histone modifications and skeletal muscle metabolic gene expressionSean L McGee
School of Medicine, Deakin University, Geelong, Vic, Australia
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 37:392-6. 2010..It has been shown that HDAC4 and 5 co-operatively regulate a number of genes involved in various aspects of metabolism...
- Myocyte enhancer factor 2 and class II histone deacetylases control a gender-specific pathway of cardioprotection mediated by the estrogen receptorEva van Rooij
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9148, USA
Circ Res 106:155-65. 2010..Although it is proposed that HDACs additionally influence nuclear receptor signaling, the effect of class II HDACs on gender differences in cardiovascular disease remains unstudied...
- SUMO modification regulates the transcriptional repressor function of aryl hydrocarbon receptor repressorMotohiko Oshima
Center for Tsukuba Advanced Research Alliance and Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennoudai, Tsukuba 305 8577, Japan
J Biol Chem 284:11017-26. 2009..SUMOylation of the three lysine residues is important for the interaction between AhRR and ANKRA2, HDAC4, and HDAC5, which are important corepressors for AhRR...
- Association of COOH-terminal-binding protein (CtBP) and MEF2-interacting transcription repressor (MITR) contributes to transcriptional repression of the MEF2 transcription factorC L Zhang
Department of Molecular Biology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9148, USA
J Biol Chem 276:35-9. 2001..These findings reveal CtBP-dependent and -independent mechanisms for transcriptional repression by MITR and show that MITR represses MEF2 activity through recruitment of multicomponent corepressor complexes that include CtBP and HDACs...
- Calmodulin kinase II is required for angiotensin II-mediated vascular smooth muscle hypertrophyHui Li
Department of Internal Medicine, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 298:H688-98. 2010..Specifically, we demonstrate that CaMKII induces VSM hypertrophy by regulating histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) activity, thereby stimulating activity of the hypertrophic transcription factor MEF2...
- SMRTE inhibits MEF2C transcriptional activation by targeting HDAC4 and 5 to nuclear domainsX Wu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
J Biol Chem 276:24177-85. 2001..Intriguingly, although HDAC4 is located primarily in the cytoplasm, coexpression of SMRTe dramatically translocates HDAC4 from the cytoplasm ..
- Assignment of the human histone deacetylase 4 gene (HDAC4) to chromosome 2q37.2 by in situ hybridizationU Mahlknecht
University of Frankfurt, Department of Hematology/Oncology, Theodor-Stern-Kai 7, DF-60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Cytogenet Cell Genet 93:137-8. 2001
- Nuclear-cytoplasmic shuttling is not required for the Epstein-Barr virus EBNA-LP transcriptional coactivation functionPaul D Ling
Department of Molecular Virology and Microbiology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Virol 83:7109-16. 2009..study suggested that some of the EBNA-LP coactivation function is mediated by relocalizing histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) from the nucleus to the cytoplasm...
- Activation of ROS/NF-kappaB and Ca2+/CaM kinase II are necessary for VCAM-1 induction in IL-1beta-treated human tracheal smooth muscle cellsShue Fen Luo
Department of Internal Medicine, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 237:8-21. 2009..scavenger [N-acetyl-L-cysteine (NAC)] or transfection with siRNAs of MyD88, PKCalpha, Src, p47(phox), p300, and HDAC4. Moreover, IL-1beta stimulated NF-kappaB and CaMKII phosphorylation through MyD88-dependent PI-PLC/PKCalpha/c-Src/..
- FOXP3 up-regulates p21 expression by site-specific inhibition of histone deacetylase 2/histone deacetylase 4 association to the locusRunhua Liu
Division of Immunotherapy and Department of Surgery, University of Michigan School of Medicine and Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Cancer Res 69:2252-9. 2009..FOXP3 specifically inhibited binding of histone deacetylase 2 (HDAC2) and HDAC4 to the site and increased local histone H3 acetylation...
- HDAC4 regulates neuronal survival in normal and diseased retinasBo Chen
Department of Genetics and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard Medical School, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 323:256-9. 2009Histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) shuttles between the nucleus and cytoplasm and serves as a nuclear co-repressor that regulates bone and muscle development...
- Cyclical chromatin looping and transcription factor association on the regulatory regions of the p21 (CDKN1A) gene in response to 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3Anna Saramaki
Department of Biosciences, University of Kuopio, FIN 70210 Kuopio, Finland
J Biol Chem 284:8073-82. 2009..Inhibition of MED1, HDAC4, or LSD1 by siRNA also attenuates ligand-induced chromatin looping...
- TGF-beta regulates miR-206 and miR-29 to control myogenic differentiation through regulation of HDAC4Catherine E Winbanks
Division of Metabolism and Obesity, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Melbourne, Victoria 8008, Australia
J Biol Chem 286:13805-14. 2011..that TGF-β treatment of myogenic cells is associated with increased expression of histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4), a key inhibitor of muscle differentiation that has been identified as a target for regulation by miR-206 and miR-..
- JNK-ATF-2 inhibits thrombomodulin (TM) expression by recruiting histone deacetylase4 (HDAC4) and forming a transcriptional repression complex in the TM promoterYuanyuan Rong
The Key Laboratory of Cardiovascular Remodeling and Function Research, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong, China
FEBS Lett 584:852-8. 2010..ATF-2 can bind to the TM promoter, recruit HDAC4 and form a transcriptional repression complex in the promoter, which may lead to chromatin condensation and ..
- Protein kinase C-related kinase targets nuclear localization signals in a subset of class IIa histone deacetylasesBrooke C Harrison
Gilead Colorado, Inc, Boulder, CO, USA
FEBS Lett 584:1103-10. 2010..HDAC7 and HDAC9 contain analogous sites that are phosphorylated by PRK, while HDAC4 harbors a non-phosphorylatable alanine residue at this position...
- Pharmacology of high-threshold calcium currents in GH4C1 pituitary cells and their regulation by activation of human D2 and D4 dopamine receptorsG R Seabrook
Merck Sharp and Dohme Research Laboratories, Neuroscience Research Centre, Harlow, Essex
Br J Pharmacol 112:728-34. 1994..4. The mobilisation of intracellular calcium by thyrotropin releasing hormone in hD4-GH4C1 cells was also studied using Fura-2 AM microspectrofluorimetry...
- Selective repression of MEF2 activity by PKA-dependent proteolysis of HDAC4Johannes Backs
Department of Cardiology, University of Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Cell Biol 195:403-15. 2011Histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) regulates numerous gene expression programs through its signal-dependent repression of myocyte enhancer factor 2 (MEF2) and serum response factor (SRF) transcription factors...
- MiR-365: a mechanosensitive microRNA stimulates chondrocyte differentiation through targeting histone deacetylase 4Ying jie Guan
Cell and Molecular Biology Laboratory, Department of Orthopaedics, Alpert Medical School of Brown University Rhode Island Hospital, 1 Hoppin St, Ste 402, Providence, RI 02903, USA
FASEB J 25:4457-66. 2011..We identified histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4), an inhibitor of chondrocyte hypertrophy, as a target of miR-365...
- Genetic factors underlying the risk of bortezomib induced peripheral neuropathy in multiple myeloma patientsSophie L Corthals
Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Haematologica 96:1728-32. 2011..association study was performed using a discovery set (IFM 2005-01; n = 238) and a validation set (HOVON65/GMMG-HD4 and a Czech dataset; n = 231)...
- HDAC inhibition promotes cardiogenesis and the survival of embryonic stem cells through proteasome-dependent pathwayHong P Chen
Department of Surgery, Roger William Medical Center, Boston University Medical School, Providence, Rhode Island 02908, USA
J Cell Biochem 112:3246-55. 2011..A (TSA,50 nmol/L) and sodium butyrate (NaB, 200 µmol/L) that causes the pronounced reduction of HDAC4 activity, decreased cell death and increased viability of ESCs in response to oxidant stress...
- Histone deacetylase cytoplasmic trapping by a novel fluorescent HDAC inhibitorYali Kong
Department of Oncology, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, 3970 Reservoir Road, Washington DC 20057, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 10:1591-9. 2011..Furthermore, immunostaining of inhibitor exposed cells for HDAC4 showed accumulation of this enzyme in the cytoplasmic compartment with concomitant increased acetylation of ..
- Histone deacetylases 1, 6 and 8 are critical for invasion in breast cancerSoon Young Park
Myunggok Medical Research Institute, College of Medicine, Konyang University, Daejeon 302 718, Republic of Korea
Oncol Rep 25:1677-81. 2011..We compared the expression of HDAC isoforms between MCF-7 and MDA-MB-231 cells and found greater expression of HDAC4, 6 and 8 in MDA-MB-231 cells by RT-PCR and Western blot analyses...
- 3-(1-piperazinyl)-4,5-dihydro-1H-benzo[g]indazoles: high affinity ligands for the human dopamine D4 receptor with improved selectivity over ion channelsI Collins
Merck Sharp and Dohme Research Laboratories, Neuroscience Research Center, Harlow, Essex, UK
Bioorg Med Chem 6:743-53. 19983-(4-Piperidinyl)-5-arylpyrazoles, such as 1, were selective for the cloned human dopamine D4 receptor (hD4), but also showed affinity at voltage sensitive calcium, sodium and potassium ion channels...
- mHDA1/HDAC5 histone deacetylase interacts with and represses MEF2A transcriptional activityC Lemercier
Laboratoire de Biologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire de la Différenciation, INSERM U309, Equipe, Chromatine et Expression des Gènes, Institut Albert Bonniot, Faculte de Medecine, Domaine de la Merci, 38706 La Tronche Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 275:15594-9. 2000..These data show that two independent class II histone deacetylases HDAC4 and HDAC5 are able to interact with members of the MEF2 transcription factor family and regulate their ..
- Gene expression profiling for molecular classification of multiple myeloma in newly diagnosed patientsAnnemiek Broyl
Department of Hematology, Erasmus Medical Center and University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 116:2543-53. 2010..CD138(+) plasma cells of 320 newly diagnosed myeloma patients included in the Dutch-Belgian/German HOVON-65/GMMG-HD4 trial...
- CHARACTERIZATION OF COREPRESSOR N-COR COMPLEXESJiemin Wong; Fiscal Year: 2005..to depend on histone deacetylase (HDAC) activity and involves multiple histone deacetylases including HDAC1/2, HDAC4, HDAC5 and HDAC7...
- Histone deacetylase 4 and neural activity-dependent muscle remodeling and atrophyTso Pang Yao; Fiscal Year: 2010..Toward this goal, we have identified HDAC4, a negative regulator of MEF2 transcription factors, as a potential protein critical for neuromuscular activity-..
- Histone deacetylases in pathogenesis of heart failureMahesh Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2007..Recently, we have shown that serum response factor (SRF) is a functional interacting target of HDAC4. In myocytes HDAC4 binds to SRF leading to nuclear localization of the SRF-HDAC4 complex and repression of ..
- HDAC4 Viability: Unique Mechanisms and FunctionGary Kao; Fiscal Year: 2007..We have previously discovered that human histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) is a component of the DNA damage response that contributes to mediating G2/M checkpoints, and promotes the ..
- REGULATION OF RUNX-2 TRANSCRIPTIONAL ACTIVITYJENNIFER WESTENDORF; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have identified four Hdacs (Hdac3, Hdac4, Hdac6, Hdac7) and the Hdac- associated co-repressor, mSinSA, as Runx2 interacting proteins...
- REGULATION OF RUNX-2 TRANSCRIPTIONAL ACTIVITYJennifer J Westendorf; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have identified four Hdacs (Hdac3, Hdac4, Hdac6, Hdac7) and the Hdac- associated co-repressor, mSinSA, as Runx2 interacting proteins...
- Regulation of histone deacetylase 7 (HDAC7) activityHung Ying Kao; Fiscal Year: 2006..HDAC7 (Histone deacetylase 7) belongs to the class II HDACs that includes HDAC4, -5, -6, -9, and -10...
- CALCIUM/CALMODULIN ACTIVATED KINASES IN SMOOTH MUSCLEHAROLD SINGER; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will test the hypothesis that CaMKII regulates the co-repressors HDAC4 and HDAC5 in synthetic phenotype VSM...
- CALCIUM/CALMODULIN ACTIVATED KINASES IN SMOOTH MUSCLEHarold A Singer; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will test the hypothesis that CaMKII regulates the co-repressors HDAC4 and HDAC5 in synthetic phenotype VSM...
- TGF-Beta regulation of Runx2 in bone formation and qualityTamara Alliston; Fiscal Year: 2007..Specifically, the repression of Runx2 by Smad3/HDAC4/5 confers TGF-Â¿ inhibitory signals to osteocalcin and Runx2 expression, and to osteoblast differentiation in ..
- Chondrocyte S100/Calgranulins and RAGE in OsteoarthritisRobert Terkeltaub; Fiscal Year: 2007..that promotes Rac1 and PI3K signaling upstream to MKK3 and p38 MARK activation, followed by essential downstream HDAC4 depletion to induce terminal hypertrophic chondrocyte differentiation...
- Chondrocyte S100/Calgranulins and RAGE in OsteoarthritisRobert Terkeltaub; Fiscal Year: 2009..that promotes Rac1 and PI3K signaling upstream to MKK3 and p38 MARK activation, followed by essential downstream HDAC4 depletion to induce terminal hypertrophic chondrocyte differentiation...
- Methionine sulfoxide reductase A and oxidized CaMKII in structural heart diseaseMark E Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2011..a previously unknown pathway where ox-CaMKII drives myocardial matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP9) expression by HDAC4/5 phosphorylation and MEF2 derepression. Aim 2 Determine the role of ox-CaMKII in myocardial hypertrophy...
- Design of Class-specific HDAC Imaging Probes for Positron Emission TomographyJacob M Hooker; Fiscal Year: 2010..These tools will be use to accelerate epigenetic research and will ultimately be translated to human PET imaging and clinicians for diagnosing disease and monitoring treatment. ..
- Cellular co-factors in stable retroviral transductionRene Daniel; Fiscal Year: 2007..of the non- homologous end joining (NHEJ) DNA repair pathway (Aim 1), and on the cellular histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) protein (Aim 2). Both of these discoveries will be put to use in Aim 3...
- Functional Analysis of Histone DeacetylasesEdward Seto; Fiscal Year: 2006..Particular emphasis will be devoted to a detailed molecular dissection of the human HDAC3 and HDAC4 enzymes, and the elucidation of the molecular mechanisms by which HDAC inhibitors alter gene transcription...
- Functional Analysis of Histone DeacetylasesEdward Seto; Fiscal Year: 2003..Particular emphasis will be devoted to a detailed molecular dissection of the human HDAC3 and HDAC4 enzymes, and the elucidation of the molecular mechanisms by which HDAC inhibitors alter gene transcription...
- Cellular co-factors in stable retroviral transductionRene Daniel; Fiscal Year: 2010..of the non- homologous end joining (NHEJ) DNA repair pathway (Aim 1), and on the cellular histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) protein (Aim 2). Both of these discoveries will be put to use in Aim 3...
- Cardioprotective effects of thioredoxin 1Junichi Sadoshima; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, redox regulation of Dnajb5 and HDAC4 by Trx1 through multi-protein complex formation mediates both subcellular localization and enzyme activity of ..
- Activity-dependent regulation of neuromuscular junction formationDANIEL J GOLDMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specifically, we propose to: 1) Evaluate the role Dach2 and MITR play during development of the NMJ;2) Examine if HDAC4 coordinates Dach2 and MITR gene repression in response to muscle innervation;and 3) Determine if the Dach ..
- Activity-dependent regulation of neuromuscular junction formationDaniel Goldman; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specifically, we propose to: 1) Evaluate the role Dach2 and MITR play during development of the NMJ; 2) Examine if HDAC4 coordinates Dach2 and MITR gene repression in response to muscle innervation; and 3) Determine if the Dach ..
- Cytoplasmic Cam KIIRegulates Cardiomyocyte TranscriptionSTEPHEN GRANT; Fiscal Year: 2006..This phosphorylation leads to dissociation of the complex allowing HDAC4/5 to enter the nucleus and bind MEF2, thereby silencing MEF2-dependent gene transcription (iv) direct ..
- Molecular Study of sir-2 genes and Aging in C. elegansLeonard Guarente; Fiscal Year: 2006..elegans. They also may shed light on a molecular mechanism of CR in an animal. These findings may have direct relevance to aging and the extension of life span by CR in mammals. ..
- CONTROL OF CALCIUM RELEASE IN SKELETAL MUSCLE FIBERSMartin F Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Cellular Response to Retroviral DNA IntegrationRene Daniel; Fiscal Year: 2007..They should also significantly enhance our understanding of the function of these important cellular pathways. ..
- The Role of PARP-SIR2 Signaling in Heart FailureMahesh Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2009..As such, these studies are likely to provide new strategies for the management of heart failure. ..
- ROLE OF CHROMATIN IN HIV TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATIONERIC M VERDIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..These experiments have the potential of identifying novel factors mediating HIV transcriptional regulation that could be targeted therapeutically in the future. ..
- Studies of the mouse kappa opioid receptor geneLi na Wei; Fiscal Year: 2007..This award is also essential for the Pi's continual career development as an independent scientist in the field of drug abuse research. ..