Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HCRP1
Description: VPS37A, ESCRT-I subunit
Alias: HCRP1, PQBP2, SPG53, vacuolar protein sorting-associated protein 37A, ESCRT-I complex subunit VPS37A, hepatocellular carcinoma-related protein 1, polyglutamine binding protein 2, vacuolar protein sorting 37 homolog A
- Chen F, Zhang L, Wu J, Huo F, Ren X, Zheng J, et al. HCRP-1 regulates EGFR-AKT-BIM-mediated anoikis resistance and serves as a prognostic marker in human colon cancer. Cell Death Dis. 2018;9:1176 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of EGFR blocked si-HCRP1-mediated phosphorylation of EGFR, AKT, FoxO3a, and BIM expression...
- Xu J, Zhang X, Wang H, Ge S, Gao T, Song L, et al. HCRP1 downregulation promotes hepatocellular carcinoma cell migration and invasion through the induction of EGFR activation and epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;88:421-429 pubmed publisherb>Hepatocellular carcinoma related protein 1 (HCRP1), which is essential for internalization and degradation of ubiquitinated membrane receptors, is downregulated in several tumors and strongly affects the outcomes of cancer patients...
- Du Y, Wang P, Sun H, Yang J, Lang X, Wang Z, et al. HCRP1 is downregulated in non-small cell lung cancer and regulates proliferation, invasion, and drug resistance. Tumour Biol. 2016;: pubmedb>HCRP1 has been reported to have tumor suppressive function. However, its expression pattern and function in human non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) remain obscure. This study aims to explore clinical significance of HCRP1 in NSCLC...
- Fu F, Wan X, Wang D, Kong Z, Zhang Y, Huang W, et al. MicroRNA-19a acts as a prognostic marker and promotes prostate cancer progression via inhibiting VPS37A expression. Oncotarget. 2018;9:1931-1943 pubmed publisher..In this study, we confirmed the oncogenic role of miR-19a via targeting VPS37A in PCa, identifying miR-19a and VPS37A as diagnosis and therapeutic biomarkers for PCa. ..
- Chen F, Deng J, Liu X, Li W, Zheng J. HCRP-1 regulates cell migration and invasion via EGFR-ERK mediated up-regulation of MMP-2 with prognostic significance in human renal cell carcinoma. Sci Rep. 2015;5:13470 pubmed publisher..HCRP-1 may serve as a therapeutic target for RCC. ..
- Sun L, LÃ¼ J, Ding S, Bi D, Ding K, Niu Z, et al. HCRP1 regulates proliferation, invasion, and drug resistance via EGFR signaling in prostate cancer. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;91:202-207 pubmed publisherPrevious studies showed that HCRP1 is decreased in tumor cells compared with normal tissue, and functions as a tumor suppressor. However, its expression pattern and function in human prostate cancer remain unclear...
- Levy D, Larson M, Benjamin E, Newton Cheh C, Wang T, Hwang S, et al. Framingham Heart Study 100K Project: genome-wide associations for blood pressure and arterial stiffness. BMC Med Genet. 2007;8 Suppl 1:S3 pubmed..Additional studies are needed to replicate any associations identified in these analyses. ..
- Katoh K, Suzuki H, Terasawa Y, Mizuno T, Yasuda J, Shibata H, et al. The penta-EF-hand protein ALG-2 interacts directly with the ESCRT-I component TSG101, and Ca2+-dependently co-localizes to aberrant endosomes with dominant-negative AAA ATPase SKD1/Vps4B. Biochem J. 2005;391:677-85 pubmed..Our findings suggest that ALG-2 may function as a Ca2+-dependent accessory protein of the endosomal sorting machinery by interacting directly with TSG101 as well as with Alix. ..
- Zivony Elboum Y, Westbroek W, Kfir N, Savitzki D, Shoval Y, Bloom A, et al. A founder mutation in Vps37A causes autosomal recessive complex hereditary spastic paraparesis. J Med Genet. 2012;49:462-72 pubmed publisher..Further investigation of mechanisms by which dysfunction of this gene causes CHSP will contribute to the understanding of intracellular trafficking of vesicles by the ESCRT machinery and its relevance to CHSP. ..
- Xu C, Li Z, Hu W. Up-regulation of HCRP1 inhibits proliferation and invasion in glioma cells via suppressing the ERK and AKT signaling pathways. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;95:31-36 pubmed publisherHepatocellular carcinoma-related protein 1 (HCRP1), also known as the homologue of vacuolar protein sorting 37A (hVps37A), serves as a membrane trafficking complex to mediate internalization and degradation of ubiquitinated membrane ..
- Imafuku I, Waragai M, Takeuchi S, Kanazawa I, Kawabata M, Mouradian M, et al. Polar amino acid-rich sequences bind to polyglutamine tracts. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;253:16-20 pubmed..Three of these clones could form polar helical structures. These observations suggest that polar amino acid-rich sequences are essential for binding to the polyglutamine tract. ..
- Wunderley L, Brownhill K, Stefani F, Tabernero L, Woodman P. The molecular basis for selective assembly of the UBAP1-containing endosome-specific ESCRT-I complex. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:663-72 pubmed publisher..The biochemical specificity in ESCRT-I assembly is matched by functional specialisation as siRNA-mediated depletion of UBAP1, but not MVB12A and MVB12B, disrupts ubiquitin-dependent sorting at the MVB. ..
- Yang W, Wang J, Wang Q, Qin Y, Lin X, Zhou D, et al. Decreased HCRP1 promotes breast cancer metastasis by enhancing EGFR phosphorylation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;477:222-8 pubmed publisherPrevious study showed that hepatocellular carcinoma related protein 1 (HCRP1) is decreased in breast cancer...
- Perisanidis C, Savarese Brenner B, Würger T, Wrba F, Huynh A, Schopper C, et al. HCRP1 expression status is a significant prognostic marker in oral and oropharyngeal cancer. Oral Dis. 2013;19:206-11 pubmed publisherThe hepatocellular carcinoma-related protein 1 (HCRP1) is a key factor in the degradation of the epidermal growth factor receptor...
- Wittinger M, Vanhara P, El Gazzar A, Savarese Brenner B, Pils D, Anees M, et al. hVps37A Status affects prognosis and cetuximab sensitivity in ovarian cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:7816-27 pubmed publisher..Here, we evaluate hVps37A (HCRP1) as a possible novel predictive marker for ovarian cancer...
- Xu H, Miao Z, Wang Z, Zhao T, Xu Y, Song Y, et al. HCRP1 downregulation confers poor prognosis and induces chemoresistance through regulation of EGFR-AKT pathway in human gastric cancer. Virchows Arch. 2017;471:743-751 pubmed publisherThe current study aims to investigate the biological roles and clinical significance of HCRP1 in human gastric cancer...