Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HBA1
Description: hemoglobin subunit alpha 1
Alias: HBA-T3, HBH, hemoglobin subunit alpha, alpha globin chain, alpha one globin, alpha-2 globin chain, delta globin, hemoglobin alpha 1 globin chain, hemoglobin, alpha 1
Publications145 found, 100 shown here
- Brown H, Anastasi M, Frank L, Kind K, Richani D, Robker R, et al. Hemoglobin: a gas transport molecule that is hormonally regulated in the ovarian follicle in mice and humans. Biol Reprod. 2015;92:26 pubmed publisher..were regulated by stimulation of the ovulatory cascade, in both granulosa and cumulus cells, and expression of HBA1 and HBB was highly significant in human granulosa and cumulus, but erythrocyte cell marker genes were not...
- Liu X, Shen M, Qi Q, Zhang H, Guo S. Corroborating evidence for platelet-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition and fibroblast-to-myofibroblast transdifferentiation in the development of adenomyosis. Hum Reprod. 2016;31:734-49 pubmed publisher..Support for data collection and analysis was provided by grants from the National Science Foundation of China. None of the authors has anything to disclose. ..
- Cen C, Aziz M, Yang W, Zhou M, Nicastro J, Coppa G, et al. Milk fat globule-epidermal growth factor-factor VIII attenuates sepsis-induced acute kidney injury. J Surg Res. 2017;213:281-289 pubmed publisher..Thus, MFG-E8 may have a therapeutic potential for treating AKI induced by sepsis. ..
- Lu D, Liao Y, Zhu S, Chen Q, Xie D, Liao J, et al. Bone-derived Nestin-positive mesenchymal stem cells improve cardiac function via recruiting cardiac endothelial cells after myocardial infarction. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2019;10:127 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results show that Nestin is a useful marker for the identification of functional BMSCs and indicate that Nestin+ BMSCs could be a better therapeutic candidate for cardiac repair. ..
- Michaelsen F, Saeed M, Schwarzkopf J, Efferth T. Activity of Artemisia annua and artemisinin derivatives, in prostate carcinoma. Phytomedicine. 2015;22:1223-31 pubmed publisher..Controlled clinical trials are required to evaluate the clinical benefit of A. annua in prostate cancer. ..
- Lee H, Lee M, Lee Y, Choi S, Yang J. Chondrocyte-derived extracellular matrix suppresses pathogenesis of human pterygium epithelial cells by blocking the NF-?B signaling pathways. Mol Vis. 2016;22:1490-1502 pubmed..CDECM was markedly effective in pathogenesis of hPECs. CDECM-suppressed migration of hPECs resulted from the inhibition of NF-?B activation and the improvement of Nrf2 induction by blocking the p38 MAPK and PKC signaling pathways. ..
- Alaithan M, AbdulAzeez S, Borgio J. A comprehensive review of the prevalence of beta globin gene variations and the co-inheritance of related gene variants in Saudi Arabians with beta-thalassemia. Saudi Med J. 2018;39:329-335 pubmed publisher..The coinheritance of HBB gene variations with ATRX, HBA1, HBA2, HBA12, AHSP, and KLF1 gene variations were observed to be common in the Saudi population...
- Shawber C, Lin L, Gnarra M, Sauer M, Papaioannou V, KITAJEWSKI J, et al. Vascular Notch proteins and Notch signaling in the peri-implantation mouse uterus. Vasc Cell. 2015;7:9 pubmed publisher..These data set the stage for loss-of-function and gain-of-function studies that will determine the cell-type specific requirements for Notch proteins in decidual angiogenesis and placentation. ..
- van Setten G, Trost A, SchrÃ¶dl F, Kaser Eichberger A, Bogner B, van Setten M, et al. Immunohistochemical Detection of CTGF in the Human Eye. Curr Eye Res. 2016;41:1571-1579 pubmed..By means of aqueous flow, CTGF is transported into the trabecular meshwork, where it could change outflow facility and therefore affecting IOP homeostasis. ..
- Kalhori Z, Azadbakht M, Soleimani Mehranjani M, Shariatzadeh M. Improvement of the folliculogenesis by transplantation of bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cells in mice with induced polycystic ovary syndrome. Cytotherapy. 2018;20:1445-1458 pubmed publisher..BM-MSC transplantation improves folliculogenesis in mice with induced PCOS. BM-MSC therapy can be an operative treatment for PCOS via anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and anti-apoptotic properties. ..
- Algarrahi K, Franck D, Ghezzi C, Cristofaro V, Yang X, Sullivan M, et al. Acellular bi-layer silk fibroin scaffolds support functional tissue regeneration in a rat model of onlay esophagoplasty. Biomaterials. 2015;53:149-59 pubmed publisher..The results of this study demonstrate that bi-layer SF scaffolds represent promising biomaterials for onlay esophagoplasty, capable of producing superior regenerative outcomes in comparison to conventional SIS scaffolds. ..
- Sharifpanah F, De Silva S, Bekhite M, Hurtado Oliveros J, Preissner K, Wartenberg M, et al. Stimulation of vasculogenesis and leukopoiesis of embryonic stem cells by extracellular transfer RNA and ribosomal RNA. Free Radic Biol Med. 2015;89:1203-17 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that ex-tRNA treatment induces vasculogenesis and leukopoiesis of ES cells via superoxide/hydrogen peroxide generated by NADPH oxidase and activation of VEGFR2 and PI3K. ..
- TÃ©treault M, Weinblatt D, Ciolino J, Klein Szanto A, Sackey B, Twyman Saint Victor C, et al. Esophageal Expression of Active IÎºB Kinase-Î² in MiceÂ Up-Regulates Tumor Necrosis Factor and Granulocyte-Macrophage Colony-Stimulating Factor, PromotingÂ Inflammation and Angiogenesis. Gastroenterology. 2016;150:1609-1619.e11 pubmed publisher..Injections of anti-TNF prevented the development of esophagitis in IKKÎ²ca mice. Constitutive activation of IKKÎ² in the esophageal epithelia of mice leads to inflammation and angiogenesis, mediated by TNF and GM-CSF, respectively. ..
- Seo D, Lee S, Kwak H, Park H, Seo K, Noh Y, et al. Exercise training causes a partial improvement through increasing testosterone and eNOS for erectile function in middle-aged rats. Exp Gerontol. 2018;108:131-138 pubmed publisher..Therefore, exercise training may be a therapeutic modality for improving erectile dysfunction associated with aging. ..
- Deane J, Ong Y, Cain J, Jayasekara W, Tiwari A, Carlone D, et al. The mouse endometrium contains epithelial, endothelial and leucocyte populations expressing the stem cell marker telomerase reverse transcriptase. Mol Hum Reprod. 2016;22:272-84 pubmed publisher..E.G.), the Victorian Infrastructure Support Program, U.S. National Institutes of Health grant R01 DK084056 (D.T.B.) and the Harvard Stem Cell Institute (D.T.B.). The authors have no conflicts of interest to declare. ..
- Milger K, Holdt L, Teupser D, Huber R, Behr J, Kneidinger N. Identification of a novel SERPINA-1 mutation causing alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency in a patient with severe bronchiectasis and pulmonary embolism. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. 2015;10:891-7 pubmed publisher..Further, awareness should be raised regarding a possible increased risk of thromboembolism associated with AAT deficiency. ..
- Cheraghi O, Dehghan G, Mahdavi M, Rahbarghazi R, Rezabakhsh A, Charoudeh H, et al. Potent anti-angiogenic and cytotoxic effect of conferone on human colorectal adenocarcinoma HT-29 cells. Phytomedicine. 2016;23:398-405 pubmed publisher..In addition to anti-angiogenic properties of conferone, a profound decrease in migration capability of HT-29 cells was also evident. ..
- Mendoza F, Piera Velazquez S, Farber J, Feghali Bostwick C, Jimenez S. Endothelial Cells Expressing Endothelial and Mesenchymal Cell Gene Products in Lung Tissue From Patients With Systemic Sclerosis-Associated Interstitial Lung Disease. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2016;68:210-7 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these observations demonstrate the occurrence of EndoMT in the lungs of patients with SSc-associated ILD. ..
- Song H, Jung J, Cho H, Her S, Kwon S, Yu R, et al. Inhibition of tumor progression by oral piceatannol in mouse 4T1 mammary cancer is associated with decreased angiogenesis and macrophage infiltration. J Nutr Biochem. 2015;26:1368-78 pubmed publisher..is an important mechanism by which piceatannol inhibits tumor proliferation, angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis, leading to suppression of mammary tumor growth and metastasis. ..
- Xu T, Jin H, Lao Y, Wang P, Zhang S, Ruan H, et al. Administration of erythropoietin prevents bone loss in osteonecrosis of the femoral head in mice. Mol Med Rep. 2017;16:8755-8762 pubmed publisher..Therefore, EPO prevents bone loss in ONFH in mice through enhancing Runx2?mediated osteogenesis, VEGF?mediated angiogenesis and inhibition of cell apoptosis...
- Deng W, Duan M, Qian B, Zhu Y, Lin J, Zheng L, et al. NADPH oxidase 1/4 inhibition attenuates the portal hypertensive syndrome via modulation of mesenteric angiogenesis and arterial hyporeactivity in rats. Clin Res Hepatol Gastroenterol. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Pharmacological inhibition of NOX1/4 activity may be a potential treatment for PHT-related complications. ..
- Li Y, Wang H, Sun T, Chen J, Guo L, Shen H, et al. Biological characteristics of a new human glioma cell line transformed into A2B5(+) stem cells. Mol Cancer. 2015;14:75 pubmed publisher..SHG-139 was an astroglioma cell line which yielded stem cells SHG-139S. SHG-139S cells constituted an A2B5(+)/CD133(-) GSC subgroup. ..
- Pope C, Bhatnagar A, McCracken J, Abplanalp W, CONKLIN D, O TOOLE T. Exposure to Fine Particulate Air Pollution Is Associated With Endothelial Injury and Systemic Inflammation. Circ Res. 2016;119:1204-1214 pubmed publisher..These changes could contribute to the pathogenic sequelae of atherogenesis and acute coronary events. ..
- Li C, Li Q, Cai Y, He Y, Lan X, Wang W, et al. Overexpression of angiopoietin 2 promotes the formation of oral squamous cell carcinoma by increasing epithelial-mesenchymal transition-induced angiogenesis. Cancer Gene Ther. 2016;23:295-302 pubmed publisher..This stimulatory effect could be achieved by inducing abnormal EMT and by reducing apoptosis and increasing proliferation of cells. ..
- Park I, Chung P, Ahn J. Enhancement of Ischemic Wound Healing by Spheroid Grafting of Human Adipose-Derived Stem Cells Treated with Low-Level Light Irradiation. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0122776 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that transplantation of an ASC spheroid treated with low-level light may be an effective form of stem cell therapy for treatment of a wound bed. ..
- Harano T, Harano K, Shibata S, Ueda S, Imai K, Seki M. HB Handa [alpha 90 (FG 2) Lys replaced by Met]: structure and biosynthesis of a new slightly higher oxygen affinity variant. Hemoglobin. 1982;6:379-89 pubmed..Globin chain biosynthesis in reticulocytes indicated that the production rate of the abnormal alpha chain was suppressed to 38% of the normal level. ..
- Feng M, Ebel J, Shabsigh A, Zynger D. Concordance of lymphovascular invasion diagnosed in penile carcinoma with and without the immunohistochemical markers ERG and CD31. Histol Histopathol. 2016;31:293-8 pubmed publisher..The use of endothelial IHC markers, such as ERG or CD31, or additional pathology consultation is recommended for penectomy cases in which LVI is difficult to histologically discern. ..
- Liu H, Ma L, Wu J, Li Y. MSCs relieve lung injury of COPD mice through promoting proliferation of endogenous lung stem cells. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2015;35:828-833 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that MSCs transplantation can relieve lung injury by promoting proliferation of endogenous lung stem cells in the cigarette smoke-induced COPD mice. ..
- Koning J, Konijn T, Lakeman K, O Toole T, Kenswil K, Raaijmakers M, et al. Nestin-Expressing Precursors Give Rise to Both Endothelial as well as Nonendothelial Lymph Node Stromal Cells. J Immunol. 2016;197:2686-94 pubmed publisher..Overall our data show that nestin(+) cells contribute to all subsets of the complex stromal populations that can be found in lymph nodes. ..
- Yu H, Moran C, Trollope A, Woodward L, Kinobe R, Rush C, et al. Angiopoietin-2 attenuates angiotensin II-induced aortic aneurysm and atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein E-deficient mice. Sci Rep. 2016;6:35190 pubmed publisher..Up-regulation of Angpt2 may have potential therapeutic value in patients with aortic aneurysm and atherosclerosis. ..
- Juricic D, Efremov G, Wilson J, Huisman T. Hb Savaria or alpha(2)49(CE7)Ser----Arg beta 2 in a Yugoslavian family. Hemoglobin. 1985;9:631-3 pubmed
- Erdini F, Spaltro A, Ruiu A, Pittertschatscher M, Resch G, Feil B, et al. Diffuse idiopathic pulmonary neuroendocrine cell hyperplasia (DIPNECH) and multiple pulmonary epithelioid hemangioendothelioma (PEH): a case report. Pathologica. 2015;107:37-42 pubmed..To our knowledge, the association between PEH and DIPNECH has never been described in the literature. ..
- Xu A, Zhang L, Chen Y, Lin Z, Li R. Immunogenicity and efficacy of a rationally designed vaccine against vascular endothelial growth factor in mouse solid tumor models. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2017;66:181-192 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that DTT is an effective antigen carrier to break immune self-tolerance and our vaccine design has potential to be used for human cancer therapy. ..
- Vilahur G, Oñate B, Cubedo J, Bejar M, Arderiu G, Pena E, et al. Allogenic adipose-derived stem cell therapy overcomes ischemia-induced microvessel rarefaction in the myocardium: systems biology study. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2017;8:52 pubmed publisher..Coadministration of allogenic ASCs and their CM synergistically contribute to the neovascularization of the infarcted myocardium through a coordinated upregulation of the proangiogenic protein interactome. ..
- Mansouri R, Jouan Y, Hay E, Blin Wakkach C, Frain M, Ostertag A, et al. Osteoblastic heparan sulfate glycosaminoglycans control bone remodeling by regulating Wnt signaling and the crosstalk between bone surface and marrow cells. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2902 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results show that GAG supply may improve osteogenesis, but also interfere with the crosstalk between the bone surface and marrow cells, altering the supporting function of osteoblasts. ..
- Cash F, Monplaisir N, Goossens M, Liebhaber S. Locus assignment of two alpha-globin structural mutants from the Caribbean basin: alpha Fort de France (alpha 45 Arg) and alpha Spanish Town (alpha 27 Val). Blood. 1989;74:833-5 pubmed..These results further define the distribution of alpha-globin structural mutations within the alpha-globin gene cluster and substantiate the dominant role of the alpha 2-globin locus in alpha-globin expression. ..
- Van Ros G, Beale D, Lehmann H. Haemoglobin Stanleyville II (alpha asparagine replaced by lysine). Br Med J. 1968;4:92-3 pubmed..The amino-acid substitution was found to be a replacement of the asparagine residue by one of lysine in the 78th position of the 141 of the alpha-chain. ..
- Clegg J, Weatherall D, Boon W, Mustafa D. Two new haemoglobin variants involving proline substitutions. Nature. 1969;222:379-80 pubmed
- Kang H, Sohn I, Jung J, Jeong J, Park C. Exendin-4 protects hindlimb ischemic injury by inducing angiogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;465:758-63 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that exendin-4 has potential as a therapeutic agent for vascular diseases that stimulate angiogenesis. ..
- Shi M, Xia L, Chen Z, Lv F, Zhu H, Wei F, et al. Europium-doped mesoporous silica nanosphere as an immune-modulating osteogenesis/angiogenesis agent. Biomaterials. 2017;144:176-187 pubmed publisher..Given the easy handling characteristics and extensive application potential, the results suggest that Eu-MSNs could be used as immunity-modulated osteogenesis/angiogenesis agent for skin and bone regeneration. ..
- Lehmann H, Carrell R. Variations in the structure of human haemoglobin. With particular reference to the unstable haemoglobins. Br Med Bull. 1969;25:14-23 pubmed
- Mocerino C, Iannaci G, Sapere P, Luise R, Canonico S, Gambardella A. Multidisciplinary approach to breast angiosarcoma in an elderly patient: Repeated local relapses and significant objective responses. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2016;29:537-42 pubmed publisher..To date, the patient is under close observation and is performing well. No recurrence has been demonstrated after ending of chemotherapy. ..
- Guan A, He T, Shao Y, Chi Y, Dai H, Wang Y, et al. Role of Jagged1-Hey1 Signal in Angiotensin II-induced Impairment of Myocardial Angiogenesis. Chin Med J (Engl). 2017;130:328-333 pubmed publisher..A Jagged1-Hey1 signal might mediate the impairment of angiogenesis induced by Ang II during cardiac hypertrophy. ..
- Suzuki S, Ichikawa Y, Nakagawa K, Kumamoto T, Mori R, Matsuyama R, et al. High infiltration of mast cells positive to tryptase predicts worse outcome following resection of colorectal liver metastases. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:840 pubmed publisher..High peritumoral MC infiltration predicts poor prognosis in patients who underwent hepatectomy for CRLM. The number of MCs in metastatic lesions is important for predicting the prognosis of CRLM patients and as an indication of therapy. ..
- Cai M, Ren L, Yin X, Guo Z, Li Y, He T, et al. PET monitoring angiogenesis of infarcted myocardium after treatment with vascular endothelial growth factor and bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. Amino Acids. 2016;48:811-820 pubmed publisher..18)F-alfatide II PET could reflect angiogenesis of infarcted myocardium after VEGF gene and BMSCs therapy and further provide a non-invasive way of monitoring therapy response of myocardial infarction. ..
- Hu K, Wang D, Liu P, Cao Y, Wang Y, Yang X, et al. Targeting of MCT1 and PFKFB3 influences cell proliferation and apoptosis in bladder cancer by altering the tumor microenvironment. Oncol Rep. 2016;36:945-51 pubmed publisher..Thus, we concluded that the targeting of MCT1 and PFKFB3 regulated cell proliferation and apoptosis in BC cells by altering the tumor microenvironment, and quercetin exhibited a potential antitumor effect by targeting MCT1. ..
- Kato R, Mizuno S, Kadowaki M, Shiozaki K, Akai M, Nakagawa K, et al. Sirt1 expression is associated with CD31 expression in blood cells from patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Respir Res. 2016;17:139 pubmed..MiR-34a may participate in apoptosis and/or senescence of EPCs in smokers. Decreased expression of CD31, CD34, and miR-126-3p potentially represents decreased numbers of EPCs in blood cell from patients with COPD. ..
- Ohba Y, Yoshinaka H, Hattori Y, Matsuoka M, Miyaji T. Hemoglobin J Habana found in a cord blood of a Japanese. Hemoglobin. 1983;7:327-9 pubmed
- Boronat M, Saavedra P, Varillas V, Novoa F. Use of confirmatory factor analysis for the identification of new components of the metabolic syndrome: the role of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 and Haemoglobin A1c. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2009;19:271-6 pubmed publisher..These findings show that PAI-1 and HbA1c are singularly linked to metabolic syndrome. Their elevation is presumably another manifestation of the same pathophysiological mechanism that underlies the recognized traits of the syndrome. ..
- Ackerman W, Summerfield T, Mesiano S, Schatz F, Lockwood C, Kniss D. Agonist-Dependent Downregulation of Progesterone Receptors in Human Cervical Stromal Fibroblasts. Reprod Sci. 2016;23:112-23 pubmed publisher..We postulate that hormonal regulation of PR expression in the cervical stroma may contribute to functional P(4) withdrawal in preparation for parturition. ..
- Li H, Chen J, Chen S. Remnant Repair-enhanced Polyethylene Terepthalate Artificial Ligament Graft Ligamentization. Int J Sports Med. 2015;36:1015-20 pubmed publisher..Remnant repair enhanced the revascularization and remodeling of the PET artificial ligament in ACL reconstruction. ..
- Noshiro S, Mikami T, Kataoka Sasaki Y, Sasaki M, Hashi K, Ohtaki S, et al. Biological relevance of tissue factor and IL-6 in arteriovenous malformations. Neurosurg Rev. 2017;40:359-367 pubmed publisher..IL-6 is associated with the angiogenic activity of TF, and both are present in the same abnormal endothelial cells and pericytes. These factors may have interactive effects and may serve in a prognostic role for AVMs. ..
- Kim H, Kim J, Ha Thi H, Bang O, Lee W, Hong S. Evaluation of anti-tumorigenic activity of BP3B against colon cancer with patient-derived tumor xenograft model. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2016;16:473 pubmed..These findings indicated that BP3B has a strong growth-inhibitory activity against colon cancer in in vivo model and will be a good therapeutic candidate for treatment of refractory colon cancer. ..
- Sutherland Smith A, Baker H, Hofmann O, Brittain T, Baker E. Crystal structure of a human embryonic haemoglobin: the carbonmonoxy form of gower II (alpha2 epsilon2) haemoglobin at 2.9 A resolution. J Mol Biol. 1998;280:475-84 pubmed..The reduced chloride effect is thought to be the primary cause of the higher affinity of this embryonic hemoglobin in comparison to the adult molecule. ..
- Aplin J, Whittaker H, Jana Lim Y, Swietlik S, Charnock J, Jones C. Hemangioblastic foci in human first trimester placenta: Distribution and gestational profile. Placenta. 2015;36:1069-77 pubmed publisher..We speculate that the erythroid cells act as oxygen reservoirs during the period before flow of maternal blood through the intervillous space of the placenta, allowing a slow feed of oxygen-rich cells to the developing embryo. ..
- Zhang M, Yu W, Shen X, Xiang Q, Xu J, Yang J, et al. Advanced Interfere Treatment of Diabetic Cardiomyopathy Rats by aFGF-Loaded Heparin-Modified Microbubbles and UTMD Technique. Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. 2016;30:247-61 pubmed publisher..Overall, aFGF-HMB combined with UTMD technique might be developed as an effective strategy to prevent DCM in future clinical therapy. ..
- Hu H, Hao L, Yan B, Li X, Zhu Y, Yao J, et al. Gefitinib inhibits retina angiogenesis by affecting VEGF signaling pathway. Biomed Pharmacother. 2018;102:115-119 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these findings indicate that Gefitinib is critical for the treatment of retina angiogenesis, which is associated with VEGF/Cyclin E/CDK2/CD31 pathway. ..
- Karpathiou G, Chauleur C, Da Cruz V, Forest F, Peoc h M. Vascular lesions of the female genital tract: Clinicopathologic findings and application of the ISSVA classification. Pathophysiology. 2017;24:161-167 pubmed publisher..The ISSVA classification can be adopted for most of these lesions. WT1 should be best considered as a marker of endothelia with proliferative capacity rather than a marker of neoplastic endothelia. ..
- Headlee M, Nakatsuji T, Lam H, Wrightstone R, Huisman T. Hb Etobicoke, alpha 85(F5) Ser leads to Arg found in a newborn of French-Indian-English descent. Hemoglobin. 1983;7:285-7 pubmed
- Orkin S, Michelson A. Partial deletion of the alpha-globin structural gene in human alpha-thalassaemia. Nature. 1980;286:538-40 pubmed
- Williams J, Miller E, Lane M, Atala A, Yoo J, Jordan J. Characterization of CD133 Antibody-Directed Recellularized Heart Valves. J Cardiovasc Transl Res. 2015;8:411-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, early development of CD133-C constructs includes a fairly rapid transition from a precursor cell adhesion/migration/transdifferentiation phenotype to a more mature cell/native valve-like matrix metabolism phenotype. ..
- Georgescu A. Understanding the functional role of microRNA-214-3p in atherosclerosis for the identification of novel targeted therapies to prevent or reverse endothelial cell dysfunction and stimulate autophagy. Acta Physiol (Oxf). 2017;: pubmed publisher..All rights reserved...
- Fortuna T, González A, Sa M, Andrade Z, Reis S, Medrado A. Effect of 670?nm laser photobiomodulation on vascular density and fibroplasia in late stages of tissue repair. Int Wound J. 2017;: pubmed publisher..VEGF+ cells were present in both experimental groups, and VEGF appeared to influence fibroplasia in the treated group...
- Hoganson D, Cooper D, Rich K, Piekarski B, Gui L, Gaut J, et al. Flow Preservation of Umbilical Vein for Autologous Shunt and Cardiovascular Reconstruction. Ann Thorac Surg. 2018;105:1809-1818 pubmed publisher..Preserved autologous umbilical veins are potential source for endothelialized shunts or cardiovascular repair tissue for neonates. ..
- Tuleta I, FranÃ§a C, Wenzel D, Fleischmann B, Nickenig G, Werner N, et al. Intermittent Hypoxia Impairs Endothelial Function in Early Preatherosclerosis. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2015;858:1-7 pubmed publisher..control in advanced preatherosclerosis. We conclude that hypoxia aggravates endothelial dysfunction and destruction in early preatherosclerosis. ..
- Yuan X, Han L, Fu P, Zeng H, Lv C, Chang W, et al. Cinnamaldehyde accelerates wound healing by promoting angiogenesis via up-regulation of PI3K and MAPK signaling pathways. Lab Invest. 2018;98:783-798 pubmed publisher..Such a small non-peptide molecule may have clinical applications for promoting therapeutic angiogenesis in chronic diabetic wounds and myocardial infarction. ..
- Ricchi P, Ammirabile M, Spasiano A, Costantini S, Di Matola T, Cinque P, et al. Hypocholesterolemia in adult patients with thalassemia: a link with the severity of genotype in thalassemia intermedia patients. Eur J Haematol. 2009;82:219-22 pubmed publisher..Our data support the hypothesis that, independently from single genotype involved, the reduced level of cholesterol in patients with TI are sustained by active erythropoiesis which increases cholesterol requirement. ..
- Olekson M, Faulknor R, Bandekar A, Sempkowski M, Hsia H, Berthiaume F. SDF-1 liposomes promote sustained cell proliferation in mouse diabetic wounds. Wound Repair Regen. 2015;23:711-23 pubmed publisher..SDF-1 liposomes may increase the performance of a variety of decellularized matrices used in tissue engineering. ..
- Lotz J, Hoffmann F, Lotz J, Heldmann S, Trede D, Oetjen J, et al. Integration of 3D multimodal imaging data of a head and neck cancer and advanced feature recognition. Biochim Biophys Acta Proteins Proteom. 2017;1865:946-956 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: MALDI Imaging, edited by Dr. Corinna Henkel and Prof. Peter Hoffmann. ..
- Thurber A, Nelson M, Frost C, Levin M, Brackenbury W, Kaplan D. IK channel activation increases tumor growth and induces differential behavioral responses in two breast epithelial cell lines. Oncotarget. 2017;8:42382-42397 pubmed publisher..We conclude that IK activity is sufficient to promote cell aggression in vivo. Our data provide novel evidence supporting IK and downstream signaling networks as potential targets for cancer therapies. ..
- Wang Z, Han Z, Tao J, Wang J, Liu X, Zhou W, et al. Transforming Growth Factor-?1 Induces Endothelial-to-Mesenchymal Transition via Akt Signaling Pathway in Renal Transplant Recipients with Chronic Allograft Dysfunction. Ann Transplant. 2016;21:775-783 pubmed..CONCLUSIONS EndMT was observed in kidney tissues from RTRs with CAD, and TGF-?1 can induce the process of EndMT in both time-dependent and does-dependent manners through the Akt signaling pathway. ..
- Costa F, Sonati M, Zago M. Hemoglobin Stanleyville II (alpha 78 Asn----Lys) is associated with a 3.7-kb alpha-globin gene deletion. Hum Genet. 1991;86:319-20 pubmed..The pattern of restriction fragments with the enzymes BamHI and BglII demonstrated that the alpha globin variant is associated with a 3.7-kb alpha-globin gene deletion. ..
- Wajcman H, Kister J, Riou J, Galacteros F, Girot R, Maier Redelsperger M, et al. Hb Godavari [alpha 95(G2)Pro-->Thr]: a neutral amino acid substitution in the alpha 1 beta 2 interface that modifies the electrophoretic mobility of hemoglobin. Hemoglobin. 1998;22:11-22 pubmed..The oxygen affinity of this abnormal hemoglobin was approximately 10% higher than that of Hb A; in the absence of 2,3-diphosphoglycerate, its cooperativity was moderately decreased, suggesting a slightly unstable T state. ..
- Liu J, Ou C, Wang L, Xiao B, Huang L, Chen L. Detection of three common, deletional alpha-thalassemia determinants in Southern China by a single-tube multiplex polymerase chain reaction method. Hemoglobin. 2004;28:39-44 pubmed..7 and -alpha4.2 was found to be as high as 38.0% among the Li people, and the -alpha4.2 genotype is more frequent than -alpha3.7 in the Li people. No SEA deletions were found in the Li samples. ..
- Charoenkwan P, Taweephon R, Sae Tung R, Thanarattanakorn P, Sanguansermsri T. Molecular and clinical features of Hb H disease in northern Thailand. Hemoglobin. 2005;29:133-40 pubmed
- Khandros E, Weiss M. Protein quality control during erythropoiesis and hemoglobin synthesis. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2010;24:1071-88 pubmed publisher..Information gained from studies of nonerythroid protein aggregation disorders may be exploited to further understand and perhaps treat ?-thalassemia. ..
- Annarapu G, Singhal R, Peng Y, Guchhait P. Inhibition of Hb Binding to GP1b? Abrogates Hb-Mediated Thrombus Formation on Immobilized VWF and Collagen under Physiological Shear Stress. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0154276 pubmed publisher..Thus suggesting a probable role of this mechanism in facilitating thrombosis under hemolytic conditions. ..
- Tabana Y, Hassan L, Ahamed M, Dahham S, Iqbal M, Saeed M, et al. Scopoletin, an active principle of tree tobacco (Nicotiana glauca) inhibits human tumor vascularization in xenograft models and modulates ERK1, VEGF-A, and FGF-2 in computer model. Microvasc Res. 2016;107:17-33 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the antitumor activity of scopoletin may be due to its strong anti-angiogenic effect, which may be mediated by its effective inhibition of ERK1, VEGF-A, and FGF-2. ..
- Christman A, Selvin E, Margolis D, Lazarus G, Garza L. Hemoglobin A1c predicts healing rate in diabetic wounds. J Invest Dermatol. 2011;131:2121-7 pubmed publisher..JID JOURNAL CLUB ARTICLE: For questions, answers, and open discussion about this article, please go to http://www.nature.com/jid/journalclub. ..
- An S, Lee Y, Neupane S, Jun J, Kim J, Lee Y, et al. Effects of vascular formation during alveolar bone process morphogenesis in mice. Histochem Cell Biol. 2017;148:435-443 pubmed publisher..Based on these data, we conclude that specific morphogenesis of the alveolar bone process is closely associated with blood vessel formation. ..
- Schay G, Smeller L, Tsuneshige A, Yonetani T, Fidy J. Allosteric effectors influence the tetramer stability of both R- and T-states of hemoglobin A. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:25972-83 pubmed..The results support the global allostery model by showing that conformational changes propagate from the effector binding site to the interdimeric interfaces in both quaternary states. ..