Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HAGE
Description: DEAD-box helicase 43
Alias: CT13, HAGE, DEAD (Asp-Glu-Ala-Asp) box polypeptide 43, DEAD box protein HAGE, DEAD-box protein 43, cancer/testis antigen 13, helical antigen
- Attai H, Rimbey J, Smith G, Brown P. Expression of a Peptidoglycan Hydrolase from Lytic Bacteriophages Atu_ph02 and Atu_ph03 Triggers Lysis of Agrobacterium tumefaciens. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2017;83: pubmed publisher..silico attempts to find a canonical lysis cassette were unsuccessful; however, we found a putative phage peptidoglycan hydrolase (PPH), which contains a C-terminal transmembrane domain...
- Chen Q, Lin J, Qian J, Deng Z, Qian W, Yang J, et al. The methylation status of the DDX43 promoter in Chinese patients with chronic myeloid leukemia. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2013;17:508-11 pubmed publisher..469, p=0.004). Our data suggest that hypomethylation of the DDX43 promoter may be an early and frequent molecular event in the development of CML in Chinese patients. ..
- Ambrosini G, Khanin R, Carvajal R, Schwartz G. Overexpression of DDX43 mediates MEK inhibitor resistance through RAS Upregulation in uveal melanoma cells. Mol Cancer Ther. 2014;13:2073-80 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, DDX43 induces RAS protein expression and signaling, mediating a novel mechanism of MEK inhibitor resistance. The detection of DDX43 in patients with uveal melanoma could lead to more targeted therapies for this disease. ..
- Abdel Fatah T, McArdle S, Agarwal D, Moseley P, Green A, Ball G, et al. HAGE in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Is a Novel Prognostic, Predictive, and Actionable Biomarker: A Transcriptomic and Protein Expression Analysis. Clin Cancer Res. 2016;22:905-14 pubmed publisherThe expression of HAGE as a novel prognostic and predictive tool was assessed in 1,079 triple-negative breast cancers (TNBC)...
- Mathieu M, Linley A, Reeder S, Badoual C, Tartour E, Rees R, et al. HAGE, a cancer/testis antigen expressed at the protein level in a variety of cancers. Cancer Immun. 2010;10:2 pubmed..The helicase antigen HAGE has been identified as a cancer/testis antigen...
- Meyer R, Fish A, Lou Q. Use of the Hage framework for theory construction: Factors affecting glucose control in the college-aged student with type 1 diabetes. Appl Nurs Res. 2017;37:61-66 pubmed publisherThis article describes the Hage framework for theory construction and its application to the clinical problem of glycemic control in college-aged students with type 1 diabetes...
- Ma N, Xu H, Luo Z, Zhou J, Zhou Y, Liu M. Expression and significance of DDX43 in lung adenocarcinoma. Pak J Pharm Sci. 2017;30:1491-1496 pubmed
- Chen Q, Lin J, Qian J, Yao D, Qian W, Li Y, et al. Gene expression of helicase antigen in patients with acute and chronic myeloid leukemia. Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi. 2011;19:1171-5 pubmedThe aim of this study was to investigate the expression status of the helicase antigen (HAGE) transcript and its clinical significance in patients with acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and chronic myeloid leukemia (CML)...
- Lin J, Chen Q, Yang J, Qian J, Deng Z, Qian W, et al. DDX43 promoter is frequently hypomethylated and may predict a favorable outcome in acute myeloid leukemia. Leuk Res. 2014;38:601-7 pubmed publisher..6-10.4 months) (P=0.014). In summary, the DDX43 gene is activated by promoter hypomethylation and DDX43 hypomethylation may be a favorable prognostic factor in AML. ..
- Mathieu M, Miles A, Ahmad M, Buczek M, Pockley A, Rees R, et al. The helicase HAGE prevents interferon-?-induced PML expression in ABCB5+ malignant melanoma-initiating cells by promoting the expression of SOCS1. Cell Death Dis. 2014;5:e1061 pubmed publisher..Here, we show the involvement of the helicase HAGE in the transcriptional repression of PML expression in ABCB5+ malignant melanoma-initiating cells (ABCB5+ MMICs), a ..
- Nagel H, Laskawi R, Eiffert H, Schlott T. Analysis of the tumour suppressor genes, FHIT and WT-1, and the tumour rejection genes, BAGE, GAGE-1/2, HAGE, MAGE-1, and MAGE-3, in benign and malignant neoplasms of the salivary glands. Mol Pathol. 2003;56:226-31 pubmed..of putative tumour suppressor genes, FHIT and WT-1, and tumour rejection genes, BAGE, GAGE-1/2, MAGE-1, MAGE-3, and HAGE (which are reported to be important in human cancers), in salivary gland neoplasms...
- Talwar T, Vidhyasagar V, Qing J, Guo M, Kariem A, Lu Y, et al. The DEAD-box protein DDX43 (HAGE) is a dual RNA-DNA helicase and has a K-homology domain required for full nucleic acid unwinding activity. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:10429-10443 pubmed publisher..DDX43, also known as HAGE (helicase antigen gene), is a member of the DEAD-box protein family...