Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GULP1
Description: GULP, engulfment adaptor PTB domain containing 1
Alias: CED-6, CED6, GULP, PTB domain-containing engulfment adapter protein 1, PTB domain adapter protein CED-6, PTB domain adaptor protein CED-6, cell death protein 6 homolog, engulfment adapter protein
- MohaÄek GroÅ¡ev V, Å oÅ¡tariÄ‡ V, MaksimoviÄ‡ A. Raman spectroscopic evidence of low temperature stability of D,L-glycolic and L-(+)-lactic acid crystals. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2015;140:35-43 pubmed publisher..A semiempirical calculation with GULP program was used to estimate the strength of hydrogen bonds in crystals: in glycolic acid they have energies of -0...
- Torres MartÃn M, Kusak M, Isla A, Burbano R, Pinto G, Melendez B, et al. Whole exome sequencing in a case of sporadic multiple meningioma reveals shared NF2, FAM109B, and TPRXL mutations, together with unique SMARCB1 alterations in a subset of tumor nodules. Cancer Genet. 2015;208:327-32 pubmed publisher..Mutations in other genes, such as IRS4, GULP1, NHSL1, and C10orf53, accounted for one alteration in each meningioma nodule...
- Wolf L, Delao A, Perhats C. Emergency Nurses' Perceptions of Discharge Processes for Patients Receiving Schedule II and III Medications for Pain Management in the Emergency Department. J Emerg Nurs. 2015;41:221-6; quiz 270 pubmed publisher..Participants reported drug-to-discharge times of 0 minutes ("gulp and go") to 240 minutes after administration of Schedule II and III narcotics specifically, and "any medication" ..
- Morizawa Y, Hirayama Y, Ohno N, Shibata S, Shigetomi E, Sui Y, et al. Reactive astrocytes function as phagocytes after brain ischemia via ABCA1-mediated pathway. Nat Commun. 2017;8:28 pubmed publisher..Phagocytic astrocytes upregulate ABCA1 and its pathway molecules, MEGF10 and GULP1, which are required for phagocytosis, and upregulation of ABCA1 alone is sufficient for enhancement of ..
- McKenzie D, BelÃ£o T, Killen S, Rantin F. To boldly gulp: standard metabolic rate and boldness have context-dependent influences on risk-taking to breathe air in a catfish. J Exp Biol. 2015;218:3762-70 pubmed publisher..Thus, individual energy demand and personality did not have parallel influences on the emergent tendency to take risks to obtain a resource; their influences varied in strength with context. ..
- GÃ³mez R, Luque L, Tomas M, Tort B, GimÃ©nez J. [Preliminary Study on Cognitive Determinants Influencing Argentine Youngsters towards Intensive Alcohol Consumption or Binge Drinking]. Rev Colomb Psiquiatr. 2012;41:309-27 pubmed publisher..drinking during a few hours, several days a week, or binge drinking (binge drinking, concentrated drinking or long-gulp drinking) is a reality in many countries, including Spain and Argentina...
- Kinchen J, Cabello J, Klingele D, Wong K, Feichtinger R, Schnabel H, et al. Two pathways converge at CED-10 to mediate actin rearrangement and corpse removal in C. elegans. Nature. 2005;434:93-9 pubmed..an unknown ligand on the apoptotic cell and signals via its cytoplasmic tail to the adaptor protein CED-6 (hCED-6/GULP), whereas CED-7 (ABCA1) is thought to play a role in membrane dynamics...
- Chen X, Sun C, Chen Q, O Neill F, Walsh D, Fanous A, et al. Apoptotic engulfment pathway and schizophrenia. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6875 pubmed publisher..In this study, we followed the apoptotic engulfment pathway involving the MEGF10, GULP1, ABCA1 and ABCA7 genes and tested their association with the disease.
- Datta S, Nam H, Hayashi M, Maldonado L, Goldberg R, Brait M, et al. Expression of GULP1 in bronchial epithelium is associated with the progression of emphysema in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Respir Med. 2017;124:72-78 pubmed publisherb>GULP1 functions as a cytoplasmic adaptor protein involved in the engulfment of apoptotic cells...
- Wahler A, Beyer A, Keller I, Schnack C, von Einem B, Pröpper C, et al. Engulfment adaptor phosphotyrosine-binding-domain-containing 1 (GULP1) is a nucleocytoplasmic shuttling protein and is transactivationally active together with low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 1 (LRP1). Biochem J. 2013;450:333-43 pubmed publisher..We have previously identified another adaptor protein, GULP1 (engulfment adaptor PTB-domain-containing 1)...
- Ma C, Martin C, Ma Z, Hafiane A, Dai M, Lebrun J, et al. Engulfment protein GULP is regulator of transforming growth factor-? response in ovarian cells. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:20636-51 pubmed publisher..The LRP1 adapter protein GULP mediates internalization of the various LRP1-specific ligands, and we hypothesize that GULP acts as a novel ..
- Jha A, Watkins S, Traub L. The apoptotic engulfment protein Ced-6 participates in clathrin-mediated yolk uptake in Drosophila egg chambers. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:1742-64 pubmed publisher..Ced-6 thus operates in vivo as a clathrin adaptor. Because the human Ced-6 orthologue GULP similarly binds to clathrin machinery, localizes to cell surface clathrin-coated structures, and is enriched in ..
- Osada Y, Sunatani T, Kim I, Nakanishi Y, Shiratsuchi A. Signalling pathway involving GULP, MAPK and Rac1 for SR-BI-induced phagocytosis of apoptotic cells. J Biochem. 2009;145:387-94 pubmed publisher..Results of a yeast two-hybrid analysis and a cell-free binding assay indicated that SR-BI binds to engulfment adapter protein (GULP) using the C-terminal intracellular domain...
- Neumann B, Coakley S, Giordano Santini R, Linton C, Lee E, Nakagawa A, et al. EFF-1-mediated regenerative axonal fusion requires components of the apoptotic pathway. Nature. 2015;517:219-22 pubmed publisher..We propose that PS functions as a 'save-me' signal for the distal fragment, allowing conserved apoptotic cell clearance molecules to function in re-establishing axonal integrity during regeneration of the nervous system. ..
- Nichols A, Meelkop E, Linton C, Giordano Santini R, Sullivan R, Donato A, et al. The Apoptotic Engulfment Machinery Regulates Axonal Degeneration in C.Â elegans Neurons. Cell Rep. 2016;14:1673-1683 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results reveal the existence of a WLD(S)/Nmnat-independent axonal degeneration pathway, conservation of the axonal clearance machinery, and a function for CED-7 and NRF-5 in this process. ..
- Song G, Suzuki O, Santos C, Lucas A, Wiltshire T, Zamboni W. Gulp1 is associated with the pharmacokinetics of PEGylated liposomal doxorubicin (PLD) in inbred mouse strains. Nanomedicine. 2016;12:2007-2017 pubmed publisher..between strain-specific differences in PLD clearance and genetic variation within a genomic region encoding GULP1 (PTB domain containing engulfment adapter 1) protein using haplotype associated mapping and the efficient mixed-..
- Vivien Chiu W, Koon A, Ki Ngo J, Edwin Chan H, Lau K. GULP1/CED-6 ameliorates amyloid-? toxicity in a Drosophila model of Alzheimer's disease. Oncotarget. 2017;8:99274-99283 pubmed publisher..In this study, we characterized the overexpression of AICD interactor GULP1 in a Drosophila AD model expressing human BACE and APP695...
- Chen W, Tang Z, Fortina P, Patel P, Addya S, Surrey S, et al. Ethanol potentiates HIV-1 gp120-induced apoptosis in human neurons via both the death receptor and NMDA receptor pathways. Virology. 2005;334:59-73 pubmed..Thus, these data suggest rationally-designed, molecular targets for potential anti-HIV-1 neuroprotection. ..
- Shi X, Zhao S, Ding C, Jiang W, Kynard B, Liu L, et al. Comparison of vertical and horizontal swimming behaviour of the weather loach Misgurnus anguillicaudatus. J Fish Biol. 2017;91:368-374 pubmed publisher..swim speed was significantly greater than swim speeds when ascending to or descending from the water surface to gulp air. Vertical swimming speeds during ascending or descending were similar...