Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GTT1
Description: StAR related lipid transfer domain containing 7
Alias: GTT1, stAR-related lipid transfer protein 7, mitochondrial, START domain containing 7, START domain-containing protein 7, StAR-related lipid transfer (START) domain containing 7, gestational trophoblastic tumor protein 1
- Yang L, Lewkowich I, Apsley K, Fritz J, Wills Karp M, Weaver T. Haploinsufficiency for Stard7 is associated with enhanced allergic responses in lung and skin. J Immunol. 2015;194:5635-43 pubmed publisher..Overall, these data suggest that Stard7 is an important component of a novel protective pathway in tissues exposed to the extracellular environment. ..
- Saita S, Tatsuta T, Lampe P, König T, Ohba Y, Langer T. PARL partitions the lipid transfer protein STARD7 between the cytosol and mitochondria. EMBO J. 2018;37: pubmed publisher..Thus, PARL preserves mitochondrial membrane homeostasis via STARD7 processing and is emerging as a critical regulator of protein localization between mitochondria and the cytosol. ..
- Lin S, Ikegami M, Moon C, Naren A, Shannon J. Lysophosphatidylcholine Acyltransferase 1 (LPCAT1) Specifically Interacts with Phospholipid Transfer Protein StarD10 to Facilitate Surfactant Phospholipid Trafficking in Alveolar Type II Cells. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:18559-74 pubmed publisher..LPCAT1 also interacted with one isoform of StarD7 but showed no interaction with StarD2/PC transfer protein. ..
- Calmes B, Morel Rouhier M, BataillÃ© Simoneau N, Gelhaye E, Guillemette T, Simoneau P. Characterization of glutathione transferases involved in the pathogenicity of Alternaria brassicicola. BMC Microbiol. 2015;15:123 pubmed publisher..Analysis of their catalytic properties revealed that two GSTs, belonging to the GSTFuA and GTT1 classes, exhibited GSH transferase activity with isothiocyanates (ITC) and peroxidase activity with cumene ..
- Yu B, Barbalic M, Brautbar A, Nambi V, Hoogeveen R, Tang W, et al. Association of genome-wide variation with highly sensitive cardiac troponin-T levels in European Americans and Blacks: a meta-analysis from atherosclerosis risk in communities and cardiovascular health studies. Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 2013;6:82-8 pubmed publisher..16; P=0.004). We identified 2 loci, near NCOA2 and in the TNNT2 gene, at which variation was significantly associated with hs-cTnT levels. Further use of the new assay should enable replication of these results. ..
- Horibata Y, Ando H, Zhang P, Vergnes L, Aoyama C, Itoh M, et al. StarD7 Protein Deficiency Adversely Affects the Phosphatidylcholine Composition, Respiratory Activity, and Cristae Structure of Mitochondria. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:24880-24891 pubmed..These findings indicate that StarD7 plays important roles in maintaining the proper composition of mitochondrial phospholipids as well as mitochondrial function and morphogenesis. ..
- Flores Martín J, Rena V, Marquez S, Panzetta Dutari G, Genti Raimondi S. StarD7 knockdown modulates ABCG2 expression, cell migration, proliferation, and differentiation of human choriocarcinoma JEG-3 cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44152 pubmed publisher..Our data from an explorative microarray assay performed with mRNAs from StarD7 siRNA-transfected JEG-3 cells indicated that ABCG2 (ATP-binding cassette sub-family G member 2) was one of the most abundantly downregulated mRNAs...
- Bao L, Zhang Y, Wang J, Wang H, Dong N, Su X, et al. Variations of chromosome 2 gene expressions among patients with lung cancer or non-cancer. Cell Biol Toxicol. 2016;32:419-35 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that a number of altered chromosome 2 genes have the subtype or stage specificities of lung cancer and may be considered as diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers. ..
- Flores Martín J, Reyna L, Ridano M, Panzetta Dutari G, Genti Raimondi S. Suppression of StarD7 promotes endoplasmic reticulum stress and induces ROS production. Free Radic Biol Med. 2016;99:286-295 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that StarD7 contributes to modulate cellular redox homeostasis. ..
- Horibata Y, Ando H, Satou M, Shimizu H, Mitsuhashi S, Shimizu Y, et al. Identification of the N-terminal transmembrane domain of StarD7 and its importance for mitochondrial outer membrane localization and phosphatidylcholine transfer. Sci Rep. 2017;7:8793 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that StarD7 is anchored onto the OMM through its N-terminal TM domain, and the C-terminal START domain may extend into the cytoplasm and shuttle PC between the ER and OMM at the ER-mitochondria contact sites. ..
- Collinson E, Wheeler G, Garrido E, Avery A, Avery S, Grant C. The yeast glutaredoxins are active as glutathione peroxidases. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:16712-7 pubmed..conjugation and removal from the cell because it is absent in strains lacking glutathione-S-transferases (GTT1, GTT2) or the GS-X pump (YCF1)...