Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GSK3beta
Description: glycogen synthase kinase 3 beta
Alias: glycogen synthase kinase-3 beta, GSK-3 beta, GSK3beta isoform, serine/threonine-protein kinase GSK3B
Publications292 found, 100 shown here
- Canonical Wnt signaling regulates Slug activity and links epithelial-mesenchymal transition with epigenetic Breast Cancer 1, Early Onset (BRCA1) repressionZhao Qiu Wu
Division of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Department of Internal Medicine, Life Sciences Institute, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:16654-9. 2012..Together, these findings establish unique functional links between canonical Wnt signaling, Slug expression, EMT, and BRCA1 regulation...
- Toll-like receptor-mediated cytokine production is differentially regulated by glycogen synthase kinase 3Michael Martin
Department of Oral Biology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 2170, USA
Nat Immunol 6:777-84. 2005..These findings demonstrate a regulatory function for GSK3 in modulating the inflammatory response...
- Degradation of Mcl-1 by beta-TrCP mediates glycogen synthase kinase 3-induced tumor suppression and chemosensitizationQingqing Ding
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:4006-17. 2007..Our results indicate that the turnover of Mcl-1 by beta-TrCP is an essential mechanism for GSK-3beta-induced apoptosis and contributes to GSK-3beta-mediated tumor suppression and chemosensitization...
- Methylation by protein arginine methyltransferase 1 increases stability of Axin, a negative regulator of Wnt signalingB Cha
Department of Life Science, The University of Seoul, Dongdaemun Gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Oncogene 30:2379-89. 2011..In summary, we show that the methylation of Axin occurred in vivo and controlled the stability of Axin. Therefore, methylation of Axin by PRMT1 may serve as a finely tuned regulation mechanism for Wnt/β-catenin signaling...
- Multisite phosphorylation by Cdk2 and GSK3 controls cyclin E degradationMarkus Welcker
Divisions of Clinical Research and Human Biology, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Mol Cell 12:381-92. 2003..Thus, cyclin E turnover is controlled by multiple biological inputs and cannot be understood in terms of autophosphorylation alone...
- A novel GSK-3 beta-C/EBP alpha-miR-122-insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor regulatory circuitry in human hepatocellular carcinomaChunxian Zeng
Key Laboratory of Gene Engineering of the Ministry of Education, State Key Laboratory of Biocontrol, School of Life Sciences, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Hepatology 52:1702-12. 2010..Moreover, AFB₁ exposure resulted in decreased activity in GSK-3β, C/EBPα, and miR-122 and increased levels of IGF-1R, whereas restoration of miR-122 suppressed the tumorigenicity of HCC and AFB₁-transformed cells...
- GSK3β polymorphisms, MAPT H1 haplotype and Parkinson's disease in a Greek cohortKallirhoe Kalinderi
Department of General Biology, Medical School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 54124 Thessaloniki, Greece
Neurobiol Aging 32:546.e1-5. 2011..Haplotype analysis revealed that, the T-T haplotype of both GSK3β polymorphisms was over-represented in PD patients compared to controls, and this association was independent of MAPT H1 haplotype...
- HIV-1 Tat promotes Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus (KSHV) vIL-6-induced angiogenesis and tumorigenesis by regulating PI3K/PTEN/AKT/GSK-3β signaling pathwayFeng Zhou
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 8:e53145. 2013..Together, these results provide the first evidence that Tat might contribute to KS pathogenesis by synergizing with vIL-6, and identify PI3K/AKT pathway as a potential therapeutic target in AIDS-related KS patients...
- GSK-3 inhibitors induce chromosome instabilityAnthony Tighe
Faculty of Life Sciences, Michael Smith Building, Oxford Road, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
BMC Cell Biol 8:34. 2007..Here, we turn our attention to GSK-3 - a protein kinase, which in concert with APC, targets beta-catenin for proteolysis - and ask whether GSK-3 is required for accurate chromosome segregation...
- Regulation of endothelial cell cytoskeletal reorganization by a secreted frizzled-related protein-1 and frizzled 4- and frizzled 7-dependent pathway: role in neovessel formationPascale Dufourcq
INSERM U828, Av du haut lévèque, 33600 Pessac, France
Am J Pathol 172:37-49. 2008..This study illustrates a regulated pathway by sFRP-1 involving GSK-3beta and Rac-1 in endothelial cell cytoskeletal reorganization and in neovessel formation...
- Phosphorylation by glycogen synthase kinase-3 beta down-regulates Notch activity, a link for Notch and Wnt pathwaysLluis Espinosa
Centre Oncologia Molecular, Institut de Recerca Oncologica, Hospitalet, Barcelona 08907, Spain
J Biol Chem 278:32227-35. 2003..Together, our results suggest that cross-talk between Notch and Wnt pathways may be partially mediated by specific regulation of GSK-3 beta-dependent Notch phosphorylation...
- Interactome mapping of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-mammalian target of rapamycin pathway identifies deformed epidermal autoregulatory factor-1 as a new glycogen synthase kinase-3 interactorFanny Pilot-Storck
UMR5239 Laboratoire de Biologie Moléculaire de la Cellule, Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon, Lyon, France
Mol Cell Proteomics 9:1578-93. 2010..We propose that DEAF1 may represent a therapeutic target of lithium and other GSK3 inhibitors used in bipolar disease and depression...
- GSK3 signalling in neural developmentEun Mi Hur
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Nat Rev Neurosci 11:539-51. 2010....
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress induces p53 cytoplasmic localization and prevents p53-dependent apoptosis by a pathway involving glycogen synthase kinase-3betaLike Qu
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, McGill University, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec H3T 1E2, Canada
Genes Dev 18:261-77. 2004..It is concluded that inactivation of p53 is a protective mechanism utilized by cells to adapt to ER stress...
- GSK-3beta phosphorylation and alteration of beta-catenin in hepatocellular carcinomaKe Chen Ban
Immunology Unit, Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor 43400, Malaysia
Cancer Lett 199:201-8. 2003..This result differed from HCC in geographical areas with high aflatoxin exposure...
- Inhibition of glycogen synthase kinase-3beta promotes nuclear export of the androgen receptor through a CRM1-dependent mechanism in prostate cancer cell linesStefanie V Schütz
Institute of General Zoology and Endocrinology, Ulm University, Albert Einstein Allee 11, 89069 Ulm, Germany
J Cell Biochem 109:1192-200. 2010..The results suggest that GSK-3beta is an important element not only in AR stability but also significantly alters nuclear translocation of the AR, thereby modulating the androgenic response of human PCa cells...
- Knockdown of apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 modulates basal glycogen synthase kinase-3β kinase activity and regulates cell migrationKyung Tae Noh
Laboratories of Cell Death and Human Diseases, School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
FEBS Lett 584:4097-101. 2010..Together, the blockage of the GSK-3β-β-catenin pathway resulting from the knockdown of ASK1 modulates the migration of breast cancer cells...
- Convergence of the mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1- and glycogen synthase kinase 3-β-signaling pathways regulates the innate inflammatory responseHuizhi Wang
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
J Immunol 186:5217-26. 2011..These studies identify the molecular mechanism by which mTORC1 affects GSK3 and show that mTORC1 inhibition regulates pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokine production via its capacity to inactivate GSK3...
- Inhibition of Tat-mediated HIV-1 replication and neurotoxicity by novel GSK3-beta inhibitorsKylene Kehn-Hall
Department of Molecular and Microbiology, National Center for Biodefense and Infectious Diseases, George Mason University, Manassas, VA 20110, USA
Virology 415:56-68. 2011..Therefore 6BIO and its derivatives are unique compounds which, due to their complex mechanisms of action, are able to inhibit HIV-1 transcription as well as to protect against Tat induced neurotoxicity...
- Glycogen synthase kinase 3beta: a novel marker and modulator of inflammatory injury in chronic renal allograft diseaseR Gong
Division of Kidney Disease and Hypertension, Department of Medicine, Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, RI, USA
Am J Transplant 8:1852-63. 2008..synthase kinase (GSK) 3beta is an indispensable element of NF-kappaB activation, however, the exact role of GSK3beta in the pathogenesis of inflammatory kidney diseases like CRAD is uncertain and was examined...
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3beta modulates notch signaling and stabilityDaniel R Foltz
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Biological Chemistry, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Curr Biol 12:1006-11. 2002..Genetic studies have suggested that the Drosophila homolog of glycogen synthase kinase-3beta (GSK3beta), Shaggy, may act as a positive modulator of the Notch signaling...
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3beta activity is required for androgen-stimulated gene expression in prostate cancerXinbo Liao
Department of Urology, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Boulevard, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Endocrinology 145:2941-9. 2004..These findings suggest that GSK-3beta activity is required for androgen-stimulated gene expression in prostate cancer cells...
- GSK-3beta regulates phosphorylation of CRMP-2 and neuronal polarityTakeshi Yoshimura
Department of Cell Pharmacology, Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya University, 65 Tsurumai, Showa Ku, Nagoya, Aichi 466 8550, Japan
Cell 120:137-49. 2005..Knockdown of CRMP-2 inhibited NT-3-induced axon outgrowth. These results suggest that NT-3 decreases phosphorylated CRMP-2 and increases nonphosphorylated active CRMP-2, thereby promoting axon outgrowth...
- Protein phosphatase 1 regulates assembly and function of the beta-catenin degradation complexWen Luo
Department of Oncological Sciences, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 5550, USA
EMBO J 26:1511-21. 2007..Specific inhibition of PP1 in this pathway may offer therapeutic approaches to disorders with increased beta-catenin signaling...
- Maintenance of constitutive IkappaB kinase activity by glycogen synthase kinase-3alpha/beta in pancreatic cancerWillie Wilson
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, Curriculum in Genetics and Molecular Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA 27599 7295
Cancer Res 68:8156-63. 2008..These data provide new insight into GSK-3-dependent NF-kappaB regulation and further establish GSK-3 and IKK as potential therapeutic targets for pancreatic cancer...
- Potential therapeutic effect of glycogen synthase kinase 3beta inhibition against human glioblastomaKatsuyoshi Miyashita
Division of Translational and Clinical Oncology, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 15:887-97. 2009..We investigated the expression, activity, and putative pathologic role of glycogen synthase kinase 3beta (GSK3beta), an emerging therapeutic target for neurodegenerative diseases, in human glioblastoma.
- Galectin-3 mediates nuclear beta-catenin accumulation and Wnt signaling in human colon cancer cells by regulation of glycogen synthase kinase-3beta activityShumei Song
Department of Gastroenterology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030 4009, USA
Cancer Res 69:1343-9. 2009....
- The SNAG domain of Snail1 functions as a molecular hook for recruiting lysine-specific demethylase 1Yiwei Lin
Departments of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, KY, USA
EMBO J 29:1803-16. 2010..Our study suggests that the SNAG domain of Snail1 resembles a histone H3-like structure and functions as a molecular hook for recruiting LSD1 to repress gene expression in metastasis...
- GSKIP is homologous to the Axin GSK3beta interaction domain and functions as a negative regulator of GSK3betaHe Yen Chou
Graduate Institute of Biochemistry, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, ROC
Biochemistry 45:11379-89. 2006..Using a yeast two-hybrid screen, we identified a novel protein, GSK3beta interaction protein (GSKIP), which binds to GSK3beta...
- The effects of dickkopf 1 on gene expression and Wnt signaling by melanocytes: mechanisms underlying its suppression of melanocyte function and proliferationYuji Yamaguchi
Laboratory of Cell Biology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Invest Dermatol 127:1217-25. 2007....
- PTEN differentially regulates expressions of ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 through PI3K/Akt/GSK-3β/GATA-6 signaling pathways in TNF-α-activated human endothelial cellsKonstantin Tsoyi
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Health Sciences, School of Medicine, and Biomedical Center BK21, Gyeongsang National University, 92 Chilam dong, Jinju 660 751, Republic of Korea
Atherosclerosis 213:115-21. 2010..It is concluded that PTEN selectively inhibits expression of VCAM-1 but not ICAM-1 through modulation of PI3K/Akt/GSK-3β/GATA-6 signaling cascade in TNF-α-treated ECs...
- Importance of autophosphorylation at Ser186 in the A-loop of salt inducible kinase 1 for its sustained kinase activityYoshiko Katoh Hashimoto
Laboratory of Cell Signaling and Metabolism, National Institute of Biomedical Innovation, Osaka 567 0085, Japan
J Cell Biochem 104:1724-39. 2008..This may also be the case for the other isoform SIK2, but not for SIK3...
- Human immunodeficiency virus-1 Tat activates calpain proteases via the ryanodine receptor to enhance surface dopamine transporter levels and increase transporter-specific uptake and VmaxSeth W Perry
Center for Neural Development and Disease, Department of Neurology, Child Neurology Division, Graduate Program in Pathology, and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Neurosci 30:14153-64. 2010..Finally, we provide key translational relevance for these findings by highlighting published human data of increased DAT levels in striata of HAND patients and by demonstrating similar findings in Tat-expressing transgenic mice...
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3beta and p38 phosphorylate cyclin D2 on Thr280 to trigger its ubiquitin/proteasome-dependent degradation in hematopoietic cellsA Kida
Department of Hematology, Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Oncogene 26:6630-40. 2007..we demonstrate that interleukin-3 signaling stabilizes cyclin D2 by inhibition of glycogen synthase kinase-3beta (GSK3beta) through Janus kinase2-dependent activation of phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase (PI3K)/Akt signaling pathway in ..
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3beta positively regulates the proliferation of human ovarian cancer cellsQi Cao
Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200011, China
Cell Res 16:671-7. 2006..Our findings thus suggest that GSK-3beta activity is important for the proliferation of ovarian cancer cells, implicating this kinase as a potential therapeutic target in ovarian cancer...
- Axin, a negative regulator of the Wnt signaling pathway, forms a complex with GSK-3beta and beta-catenin and promotes GSK-3beta-dependent phosphorylation of beta-cateninS Ikeda
Department of Biochemistry, Hiroshima University School of Medicine, 1 2 3, Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
EMBO J 17:1371-84. 1998..These results suggest that rAxin negatively regulates the Wnt signaling pathway by interacting with GSK-3beta and beta-catenin and mediating the signal from GSK-3beta to beta-catenin...
- The protein phosphatase-1/inhibitor-2 complex differentially regulates GSK3 dephosphorylation and increases sarcoplasmic/endoplasmic reticulum calcium ATPase 2 levelsTaj D King
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurobiology, Sparks Center 1009, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 0017, USA
Exp Cell Res 312:3693-700. 2006..active, however its activity is markedly diminished following phosphorylation of Ser21 of GSK3alpha and Ser9 of GSK3beta. Although several kinases are known to phosphorylate Ser21/9 of GSK3, for example Akt, relatively much less is ..
- Microsomal prostaglandin E synthase-1 promotes hepatocarcinogenesis through activation of a novel EGR1/β-catenin signaling axisD Lu
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Oncogene 31:842-57. 2012..Our findings depict a novel crosstalk between mPGES-1/PGE(2) and EGR1/β-catenin signaling that is critical for hepatocarcinogenesis...
- Identification of estrogen receptor β as a SUMO-1 target reveals a novel phosphorylated sumoylation motif and regulation by glycogen synthase kinase 3βNathalie Picard
Sainte Justine Hospital Research Center, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 32:2709-21. 2012..This extended pSuM offers a valuable signature to predict SUMO substrates under protein kinase regulation...
- Sorafenib induces endometrial carcinoma apoptosis by inhibiting Elk-1-dependent Mcl-1 transcription and inducing Akt/GSK3β-dependent protein degradationNian Kang Sun
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taoyuan 333, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Cell Biochem 114:1819-31. 2013..Our results thus support the notion that sorafenib may be used in endometrial cancer therapy...
- c-Src regulates cell cycle proteins expression through protein kinase B/glycogen synthase kinase 3 beta and extracellular signal-regulated kinases 1/2 pathways in MCF-7 cellsXiang Liu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 45:586-92. 2013..phosphorylation of extracellular signal-regulated kinases 1/2 (ERK1/2), protein kinase B (AKT), and glycogen synthase kinase 3 beta (GSK3β)...
- Per-Arnt-Sim kinase regulates pancreatic duodenal homeobox-1 protein stability via phosphorylation of glycogen synthase kinase 3β in pancreatic β-cellsMeriem Semache
Montreal Diabetes Research Center, CRCHUM, Quebec City H1W4A4, Canada
J Biol Chem 288:24825-33. 2013..We conclude that PASK phosphorylates and inactivates GSK3β, thereby preventing PDX-1 serine phosphorylation and alleviating GSK3β-mediated PDX-1 protein degradation in pancreatic β-cells. ..
- Nerve growth factor acts through the TrkA receptor to protect sensory neurons from the damaging effects of the HIV-1 viral protein, VprC A Webber
Division of Anatomy, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2H7, Canada Electronic address
Neuroscience 252:512-25. 2013..Overall, NGF/TrkA signaling or p75 receptor inhibition protects somatic sensory neurons exposed to Vpr, thus laying the groundwork for potential therapeutic options for HIV/AIDS patients suffering from DSP. ..
- Effect of glycogen synthase kinase 3 β-mediated presenilin 1 phosphorylation on amyloid β production is negatively regulated by insulin receptor cleavageM Maesako
School of Human Health Sciences, Department of Neurology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Neuroscience 177:298-307. 2011..Taken together, our findings indicate that PS1 phosphorylation at serine 353, 357 residues can play a pivotal role in the pathology of AD and that the dysregulation of this mechanism may be causally associated with its pathology...
- Direct, activating interaction between glycogen synthase kinase-3beta and p53 after DNA damagePiyajit Watcharasit
Departments of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurobiology and Cell Biology, University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL 35294 0017, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:7951-5. 2002Glycogen synthase kinase-3beta (GSK3beta) is a central figure in Wnt signaling, in which its activity is controlled by regulatory binding proteins...
- Cardiac-specific mindin overexpression attenuates cardiac hypertrophy via blocking AKT/GSK3β and TGF-β1-Smad signallingLing Yan
Department of Cardiology, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan 430060, China
Cardiovasc Res 92:85-94. 2011..However, its function during cardiac hypertrophy remains unclear. This study was aimed to identify the effect of mindin on cardiac hypertrophy and the underlying mechanisms...
- GSK-3β regulates cell growth, migration, and angiogenesis via Fbw7 and USP28-dependent degradation of HIF-1αDaniela Flügel
Department of Biochemistry and Biocenter Oulu, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Blood 119:1292-301. 2012..Therefore, we have identified a new pathway that could be targeted at the level of GSK-3, Fbw7, or USP28 to influence HIF-1α-dependent processes like angiogenesis and metastasis...
- Nuclear export of NF-ATc enhanced by glycogen synthase kinase-3C R Beals
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Developmental Biology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Science 275:1930-4. 1997..Because GSK-3 responds to signals initiated by Wnt and other ligands, NF-AT family members could be effectors of these pathways...
- Hot spots in beta-catenin for interactions with LEF-1, conductin and APCJ P von Kries
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Robert Rossle Strasse 10, 13093 Berlin, Germany
Nat Struct Biol 7:800-7. 2000..Binding of APC to conductin/axin activates the latter and occurs between their SAMP and RGS domains, respectively...
- Glycogen synthase kinase 3beta-mediated apoptosis of primary cortical astrocytes involves inhibition of nuclear factor kappaB signalingJoseph F Sanchez
Program in Genetics, Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:4649-62. 2003..These findings therefore implicate GSK-3beta as a regulator of NF-kappaB activation in astrocytes and suggest that the pro-apoptotic effects of GSK-3beta may be mediated at least in part through the inhibition of NF-kappaB pathway...
- GSK-3beta directly phosphorylates and activates MARK2/PAR-1Shinichi Kosuga
Department of Bioscience and Informatics, Faculty of Science and Technology, Keio University, 3 14 1 Hiyoshi, Kohoku Ku, Yokohama 223 8522, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:42715-22. 2005..These findings are of interest in the context of the pathogenesis of AD...
- TNF-alpha, IL-6, and IL-1 expression is inhibited by GAS6 in monocytes/macrophagesFederica Alciato
Clinical Immunology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Universita del Piemonte Orientale A Avogadro, Novara, Italy
J Leukoc Biol 87:869-75. 2010..Therefore, GAS6 modulates macrophage cytokine secretion, triggering an "anti-inflammatory pathway" involving PI3K/Akt/GSK3 beta and NF-kappaB...
- Glycogen synthase kinase 3- and extracellular signal-regulated kinase-dependent phosphorylation of paxillin regulates cytoskeletal rearrangementXinming Cai
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, 534 Taylor Hall, CB 7090, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:2857-68. 2006..Hence, phosphorylation of paxillin on serines 126 and 130, which is mediated by an ERK/GSK-3 dual-kinase mechanism, plays an important role in cytoskeletal rearrangement...
- Distinct priming kinases contribute to differential regulation of collapsin response mediator proteins by glycogen synthase kinase-3 in vivoAdam R Cole
Division of Pathology and Neurosciences, University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee DD1 9SY, Scotland
J Biol Chem 281:16591-8. 2006..This is the first GSK3 substrate found to be regulated in this manner and may explain the hyperphosphorylation of CRMP2 observed in Alzheimer's disease...
- SUMOylation target sites at the C terminus protect Axin from ubiquitination and confer protein stabilityMin Jung Kim
Department of Genetics and Development, 701 W 168th St, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
FASEB J 22:3785-94. 2008..Therefore, some other specific property of the C6 motif seems to reduce the interaction of Axin with Dvl-1...
- Cyclic AMP suppresses matrix metalloproteinase-1 expression through inhibition of MAPK and GSK-3betaChi Hyun Park
Department of Dermatology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Invest Dermatol 130:2049-56. 2010..Taken together, our results suggest that cAMP/PKA pathway can suppress MMP-1 expression through inhibition of multiple signaling pathways, including MAPK and GSK-3beta...
- Axin, an inhibitor of the Wnt signalling pathway, interacts with beta-catenin, GSK-3beta and APC and reduces the beta-catenin levelT Nakamura
Department of Oncogene Research, Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Suita, Japan
Genes Cells 3:395-403. 1998..The Wnt/Wingless signalling pathway plays an important role in both embryonic development and tumorigenesis. Beta-catenin and Axin are positive and negative effectors of the Wnt signalling pathway, respectively...
- Glycogen synthase kinase3 beta phosphorylates serine 33 of p53 and activates p53's transcriptional activityG A Turenne
Department of Radiation Oncology, D810A, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
BMC Cell Biol 2:12. 2001..Here, we have examined how Glycogen Synthase Kinase (GSK3), a protein kinase involved in tumorigenesis, differentiation and apoptosis, phosphorylates and regulates p53...
- Crossregulation of NF-kappaB by the APC/GSK-3beta/beta-catenin pathwayJiong Deng
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Carcinog 39:139-46. 2004..Thus, APC/GSK-3beta, through beta-catenin, may crossregulate NF-kappaB signaling pathway...
- Membrane depolarization induces the undulating phosphorylation/dephosphorylation of glycogen synthase kinase 3beta, and this dephosphorylation involves protein phosphatases 2A and 2B in SH-SY5Y human neuroblastoma cellsYun Il Lee
Department of Biochemistry and Department of Psychiatry, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 799, Korea
J Biol Chem 280:22044-52. 2005....
- Structural basis for the complete loss of GSK3beta catalytic activity due to R96 mutation investigated by molecular dynamics studyNa Zhang
Key Laboratory for Molecular Design and Nutrition Engineering, Ningbo Institute of Technology, Zhejiang University, Ningbo, China
Proteins 75:671-81. 2009..Presently, the similarity of activation loop between two crystal complexes, i.e. glycogen synthase kinase 3beta (GSK3beta)-AMPNP and GSK3beta-sulfate ion complex, indicates that the activation segment of GSK3beta is preformed requiring ..
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3: functions in oncogenesis and developmentS E Plyte
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, London, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1114:147-62. 1992..The challenge is to co-ordinate these two approaches, a strategy currently being employed to further unravel the biological role of GSK-3...
- Mitogen inactivation of glycogen synthase kinase-3 beta in intact cells via serine 9 phosphorylationV Stambolic
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Canada
Biochem J 303:701-4. 1994..Since p90rsk-1 is directly activated by mitogen-activated protein kinases, agonists of this pathway, such as insulin, repress GSK-3 function...
- Modulation of the glycogen synthase kinase-3 family by tyrosine phosphorylationK Hughes
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, London, UK
EMBO J 12:803-8. 1993..However, unlike MAP kinases, GSK-3 is highly phosphorylated on tyrosine and thus active in resting cells...
- Inhibition of glycogen synthase kinase-3 by insulin mediated by protein kinase BD A Cross
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, Department of Biochemistry, University of Dundee, UK
Nature 378:785-9. 1995..Like the inhibition of GSK3 (refs 10, 14), the activation of PKB is prevented by inhibitors of phosphatidylinositol (PI) 3-kinase...
- Axil, a member of the Axin family, interacts with both glycogen synthase kinase 3beta and beta-catenin and inhibits axis formation of Xenopus embryosH Yamamoto
Department of Biochemistry, Hiroshima University School of Medicine, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 18:2867-75. 1998..These results indicate that Axil negatively regulates the Wnt signaling pathway by mediating GSK-3beta-dependent phosphorylation of beta-catenin, thereby inhibiting axis formation...
- Tau is phosphorylated by GSK-3 at several sites found in Alzheimer disease and its biological activity markedly inhibited only after it is prephosphorylated by A-kinaseJ Z Wang
Chemical Neuropathology Department, New York State Institute for Basic Research in Developmental Disabilities, Staten Island, NY 10314 6399, USA
FEBS Lett 436:28-34. 1998..Thus a combined role of A-kinase and GSK-3 should be considered in Alzheimer neurofibrillary degeneration...
- Phosphorylation and inactivation of glycogen synthase kinase 3 by protein kinase AX Fang
Department of Molecular Therapeutics, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:11960-5. 2000....
- Structure of GSK3beta reveals a primed phosphorylation mechanismE ter Haar
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, 130 Waverly Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139 4211, USA
Nat Struct Biol 8:593-6. 2001b>GSK3beta was identified as the kinase that phosphorylates glycogen synthase but is now known to be involved in multiple signaling pathways. GSK3beta prefers prior phosphorylation of its substrates...
- Crystal structure of glycogen synthase kinase 3 beta: structural basis for phosphate-primed substrate specificity and autoinhibitionR Dajani
Section of Structural Biology, Institute of Cancer Research, Chester Beatty Laboratories, London SW3 6JB, United Kingdom
Cell 105:721-32. 2001b>Glycogen synthase kinase 3 beta (GSK3 beta) plays a key role in insulin and Wnt signaling, phosphorylating downstream targets by default, and becoming inhibited following the extracellular signaling event...
- The structure of phosphorylated GSK-3beta complexed with a peptide, FRATtide, that inhibits beta-catenin phosphorylationB Bax
Department of Structural Biology, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals, Harlow, Essex CM19 5AD, United Kingdom
Structure 9:1143-52. 2001..FRATtide (a peptide derived from a GSK-3 binding protein) binds to GSK-3 and blocks GSK-3 from interacting with Axin. This inhibits the Axin-dependent phosphorylation of beta-catenin by GSK-3...
- Inhibitory phosphorylation of glycogen synthase kinase-3 (GSK-3) in response to lithium. Evidence for autoregulation of GSK-3Fang Zhang
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6148, USA
J Biol Chem 278:33067-77. 2003..Finally, evidence is presented that N-terminal phosphorylation of GSK-3 can be regulated by the GSK-3-dependent protein phosphatase-1.inhibitor-2 complex...
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3 beta regulates NF-kappa B1/p105 stabilityFrancesca Demarchi
L N C I B Laboratorio Nazionale Consorzio Interuniversitario Biotecnologie AREA Science Park, Padriciano 99 34012 Trieste, Italy
J Biol Chem 278:39583-90. 2003..Interestingly, the increased sensitiveness to TNF-alpha-induced death occurring in GSK-3 beta-/- fibroblasts, which is coupled to a perturbation of p50/105 ratio, can be reproduced by p105 silencing in wild-type fibroblasts...
- Phosphorylation by glycogen synthase kinase-3 controls c-myc proteolysis and subnuclear localizationMark A Gregory
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Biol Chem 278:51606-12. 2003..Finally, we show that Thr-58 phosphorylation alters the subnuclear localization of c-Myc, enhancing its localization to discrete nuclear bodies together with GSK-3...
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3 is an endogenous inhibitor of Snail transcription: implications for the epithelial-mesenchymal transitionRobin E Bachelder
Department of Pathology, Division of Cancer Biology and Angiogenesis, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Cell Biol 168:29-33. 2005..These findings indicate that epithelial cells must sustain activation of a specific kinase to impede a mesenchymal transition...
- Erk associates with and primes GSK-3beta for its inactivation resulting in upregulation of beta-cateninQingqing Ding
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Cell 19:159-70. 2005....
- Deregulated GSK3beta activity in colorectal cancer: its association with tumor cell survival and proliferationAbbas Shakoori
Division of Diagnostic Molecular Oncology, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa 920 0934, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 334:1365-73. 2005Glycogen synthase kinase 3beta (GSK3beta) reportedly has opposing roles, repressing Wnt/beta-catenin signaling on the one hand but maintaining cell survival and proliferation through the NF-kappaB pathway on the other...
- A TRAIL receptor-dependent synthetic lethal relationship between MYC activation and GSK3beta/FBW7 loss of functionSabine Rottmann
Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation, 10675 John Jay Hopkins Drive, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:15195-200. 2005..by screening a kinase-directed library of small inhibitory RNAs, we identify glycogen synthase kinase 3beta (GSK3beta) as a gene whose inactivation potentiates TNF-related apoptosis-inducing ligand death receptor-mediated apoptosis ..
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3 is an in vivo regulator of hematopoietic stem cell repopulationJennifer J Trowbridge
Krembil Centre for Stem Cell Biology, Robarts Research Institute, 100 Perth Drive, London, Ontario, Canada, N6A 5K8
Nat Med 12:89-98. 2006..Our study establishes GSK-3 as a specific in vivo modulator of HSC activity, and suggests that administration of GSK-3 inhibitors may provide a clinical means to directly enhance the repopulating capacity of transplanted HSCs...
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3 regulates mitochondrial outer membrane permeabilization and apoptosis by destabilization of MCL-1Ulrich Maurer
Division of Cellular Immunology, La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, 10355 Science Center Drive, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Mol Cell 21:749-60. 2006..The results demonstrate that the control of MCL-1 stability by GSK-3 is an important mechanism for the regulation of apoptosis by growth factors, PI3K, and AKT...
- Engrailed-1 negatively regulates beta-catenin transcriptional activity by destabilizing beta-catenin via a glycogen synthase kinase-3beta-independent pathwayLiora Bachar-Dahan
Department of Human Microbiology, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Mol Biol Cell 17:2572-80. 2006..Moreover, because En-1-mediated beta-catenin degradation is also Siah independent, our data imply that En-1 exerts its repressive effect by a novel mechanism negatively controlling the level of beta-catenin...
- Differential roles of glycogen synthase kinase-3 isoforms in the regulation of transcriptional activationMin Huei Liang
Molecular Neurobiology Section, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1363, USA
J Biol Chem 281:30479-84. 2006..The development of GSK-3 isoform-specific inhibitors is thus crucial for therapeutic intervention of GSK-3-related neuropathological conditions...
- Wilms tumor suppressor WTX negatively regulates WNT/beta-catenin signalingMichael B Major
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Washington School of Medicine, Box 357370, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Science 316:1043-6. 2007..These data provide a possible mechanistic explanation for the tumor suppressor activity of WTX...
- Response to lithium augmentation in depression is associated with the glycogen synthase kinase 3-beta -50T/C single nucleotide polymorphismMazda Adli
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Charite Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Biol Psychiatry 62:1295-302. 2007..This study investigates the association of the GSK3B -50T/C SNP and response to lithium augmentation in acutely depressed antidepressant nonresponders...
- GSK-3 beta targets Cdc25A for ubiquitin-mediated proteolysis, and GSK-3 beta inactivation correlates with Cdc25A overproduction in human cancersTiebang Kang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Cancer Cell 13:36-47. 2008..Importantly, a strong correlation between Cdc25A overproduction and GSK-3beta inactivation was observed in human tumor tissues, indicating that GSK-3beta inactivation may account for Cdc25A overproduction in a subset of human tumors...
- Glycogen synthase kinase 3beta (GSK3beta) in tumorigenesis and cancer chemotherapyJia Luo
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Cell Biology, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Robert C Byrd Health Sciences Center, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Cancer Lett 273:194-200. 2009Glycogen synthase kinase 3beta (GSK3beta), a multifunctional serine/threonine kinase found in all eukaryotes, had been initially identified as a key regulator of insulin-dependent glycogen synthesis...
- Novel regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor-A (VEGF-A) by transforming growth factor (beta)1: requirement for Smads, (beta)-CATENIN, AND GSK3(beta)Rachel L Clifford
Centre for Respiratory Research, Clinical Sciences Building, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG5 1PB, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 283:35337-53. 2008..These results provide new insight into the molecular regulation of VEGF by two interacting pathways necessary for vascular development, maintenance, and disease...
- An alternatively spliced form of glycogen synthase kinase-3beta is targeted to growing neurites and growth conesAlison Wood-Kaczmar
The MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, New Hunts House, Guy s Campus, King s College London, London SE1 1UL, UK
Mol Cell Neurosci 42:184-94. 2009..We conclude that the alternatively spliced isoform of GSK-3beta, GSK-3beta2, is neuron-specific and has overlapping activities with GSK-3beta1...
- Association between glycogen synthase kinase-3beta gene polymorphisms and major depression and suicidal behavior in a Korean populationHo Kyoung Yoon
Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, Korea University, Republic of Korea
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 34:331-4. 2010..In this study, we aimed to investigate the GSK-3beta gene's association with major depressive disorder (MDD) and suicidal behavior...
- A haplotype of glycogen synthase kinase 3β is associated with early onset of unipolar major depressionE Saus
Genes and Disease Program, Center for Genomic Regulation CRG UPF, CIBER en Epidemiología y Salud Pública CIBERESP, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Genes Brain Behav 9:799-807. 2010..Further replication studies in patients with the same phenotypic characteristics should confirm the results reported here...
- Role of tau kinases (CDK5R1 and GSK3B) in Parkinson's disease: a study from IndiaGautami Das
S N Pradhan Centre for Neurosciences, University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India
Neurobiol Aging 33:1485.e9-15. 2012..871; 95% CI, 1.181-2.964; p = 0.009). Thus, synergistic effect between the 2 major tau kinases, through these SNPs, appears to determine the risk profile for PD...
- SNCA, MAPT, and GSK3B in Parkinson disease: a gene-gene interaction studyC Wider
Division of Neurogenetics, Department of Neuroscience, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Eur J Neurol 18:876-81. 2011..In the current study, we attempt to validate previously published findings, evaluating gene-gene interactions between SNCA, MAPT, and GSK3B in association with PD...
- Association analysis of GSK3B and MAPT polymorphisms with Alzheimer's disease in Han ChineseNa Zhang
Department of Neurology, Qingdao Fuwai Hospital, Qingdao, Shandong Province 266034, PR China
Brain Res 1391:147-53. 2011..383, P=0.013). Our findings suggest that the functional polymorphisms in GSK3B promoter may be involved in the risk of developing sporadic LOAD in Han Chinese...
- Inducible nitric-oxide synthase and nitric oxide donor decrease insulin receptor substrate-2 protein expression by promoting proteasome-dependent degradation in pancreatic beta-cells: involvement of glycogen synthase kinase-3betaToshihiro Tanioka
Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care, and Pain Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Biol Chem 286:29388-96. 2011..Our findings suggest that iNOS-mediated decreased IRS-2 expression may contribute to the progression and/or exacerbation of β-cell failure in diabetes...
- Increased galectin-3 facilitates leukemia cell survival from apoptotic stimuliYi Lin Cheng
Department of Medical Laboratory Science and Biotechnology, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 412:334-40. 2011..We found that GSK-3β upregulated galectin-3 and stabilized anti-apoptotic Bcl-2 family proteins, which is important for the escape of leukemia cells from apoptotic stimuli...
- Distinct expression and activity of GSK-3α and GSK-3β in prostate cancerR Siobhan Darrington
Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 131:E872-83. 2012....
- The association between glycogen synthase kinase 3 beta polymorphisms and Parkinson's disease susceptibility: a meta-analysisYongsheng Yuan
Department of Neurology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, No 300 Guangzhou Road, Nanjing 210029, China
Gene 524:133-8. 2013Previous studies on the association between glycogen synthase kinase 3 beta (GSK3-β) polymorphisms (rs334558 and rs6438552) and Parkinson's disease (PD) susceptibility remained inconsistent...
- Differential regulation of glycogen synthase kinase-3 beta by protein kinase C isotypesN Goode
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Lincoln s Inn Fields, London, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 267:16878-82. 1992..Phosphorylation of GSK-3 beta by PKC results in its specific inactivation. These results are consistent with a model in which activation of PKC stimulates c-Jun DNA binding by inhibiting its phosphorylation by GSK-3 beta...
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3 beta is a dual specificity kinase differentially regulated by tyrosine and serine/threonine phosphorylationQ M Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202 5122
J Biol Chem 269:14566-74. 1994..Phosphorylation at different residues differentially controls enzyme activity, Ser/Thr phosphorylation causing inactivation and Tyr phosphorylation resulting in increased activity...
- Binding of GSK3beta to the APC-beta-catenin complex and regulation of complex assemblyB Rubinfeld
Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Richmond, CA 94806, USA
Science 272:1023-6. 1996..is present in excess, APC binds to another component of the WINGLESS pathway, glycogen synthase kinase 3beta (GSK3beta), a mammalian homolog of Drosophila ZESTE WHITE 3...
- Balakuntalam S Kasinath; Fiscal Year: 2016..We will employ GSK 3beta mutants to study if GSK 3 beta is required for transcriptional regulation of fibronectin by high glucose in the abov experiments...
- Signaling pathways regulated by GSK3 in hematopoietic stem cellJian Huang; Fiscal Year: 2012..The long-term goals of this project are to extend our understanding of HSC biology and to improve HSC/bone marrow transplantation. ) ..
- Jian Huang; Fiscal Year: 2015..The knowledge learned from these studies will provide new insights into the mechanisms of the regulation of HSC self-renewal and differentiation and may improve the therapy of hematopoietic disorders. 1 ..
- The Role of Ikappa-B Kinase and Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3-beta in Axon DegeneratJosiah Gerdts; Fiscal Year: 2012..This project will help us understand how damaged axons commit to self-destruction so that this process might be targeted by new therapies for nervous system diseases. ..
- Wei Tong; Fiscal Year: 2014..These studies will define the function(s) of GSK-3 in normal hematopoiesis and may lead to the development of novel therapeutic approaches to expand HSCs in hematopoietic disorders. ..
- GSK3-beta Signaling in Medullary Thyroid CancerHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this proposal, we will explore the potential to utilize GSK3B inhibitors to improve surgical outcomes for patients with metastatic MTC. ..
- Discovery of potent, and selective allosteric inhibitors of GSK-3bJEN PAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..Collaborating with MLPCN and Stanley Center chemists, we will optimize the hit compounds to generate chemical probes to elucidate GSK-3b biology in distinct cellular pathways. ..
- Improving Gastrointestinal Recovery after RadiationGeorge Georges; Fiscal Year: 2007..Lithium specifically inhibits glycogen synthase kinase 3 beta (GSK-3[unreadable]) which activates intestinal stem cell proliferation via the wnt / [unreadable] ..
- WNT AND FRIZZLED SIGNALING IN MAMMARY ONCOGENESISJan Kitajewski; Fiscal Year: 2003..Thus, the Wnt signaling pathway is linked to the pathology of human cancers. It clearly represents an important problem in cancer biology with increasing relevance to human disease. ..
- ACTIVATION OF GSK-3 BETA BY CANDIDATE HIV NEUROTOXINSSERVIO RAMIREZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..Third, new inhibitors of GSK-3b will be generated using phage display technology, and the effects of these informational molecules on PAF- and Tat- mediated neurotoxicity will be examined. ..
- ELIZABETH ANN EKLUND; Fiscal Year: 2016..Targeting these mechanisms may lead to cure in CML by abolishing the CSC/LSC, and suggest therapeutic approaches to other forms of cancer with dysregulation of Fas and bcatenin. ..
- Fen Xia; Fiscal Year: 2016..Aim 3 will determine if abnormal GSK3 [unreadable] activity determine brain tumor cell resistance to the prophylactic GSK3 [unreadable] -inhibition mediated protection from radiation induced cytotoxicity. ..
- ELIZABETH ANN EKLUND; Fiscal Year: 2016..The goal of these studies is to identify molecular mechanisms that lead to LSC persistence, and therefore TKI resistance and/or BC in CML. Targeting these mechanisms might cure CML by abolishing the LSC. ..
- Beibei Chen; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Targeting Akt with substrate mimetic antagonistsJuan R Del Valle; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our longer-term goals are to use a PPI approach to develop clinical candidates with more favorable therapeutic profiles and to apply this strategy to the inhibition of other oncogenic kinases. ..
- David A Scott; Fiscal Year: 2016..Therefore, this project will lay the groundwork for the development of novel approaches to the treatment of periodontitis and other inflammatory diseases and identify therapeutic targets that should be readily translatable. ..
- Thrombin signaling and HIV dementiaKatherine Conant; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Endothelial Cell Regulation of Smooth Muscle PhenotypeRichard Powell; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Agents for in vivo control of adult stem cellsCarl Gregory; Fiscal Year: 2007..These molecules are clinically relevant for the treatment of diseases such as Osteogenesis Imperfecta (brittle bone disease) and malignant bone disease and critical size bone injuries. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- cAMP modulation of bile induced hepatocyte apoptosisCYNTHIA LEVEILLE WEBSTER; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will determine if cAMP/PI3K dependent survival involves activation of a PI3K/Akt/glycogen synthase kinase 3 beta pathway. Our third aim is to identify the molecular targets of cAMP in the apoptotic machinery...
- In Vitro Cell Models of NeuroAIDSHarris Gelbard; Fiscal Year: 2005..These neurotoxins have the relatively unique ability to up-regulate glycogen synthase kinase 3 beta (GSK-3beta), an enzyme important in modulating neuronal cytoskeletal events that may be critical for ..
- TLR Gene Expression in HIV Neurocognitive DisorderIan Everall; Fiscal Year: 2009..Inhibition of TLR 3 and 4 activity may present a possible way to prevent HIV associated neurodegeneration and therefore alleviate symptoms of HAND. ..
- DISREGULATION OF NEURONAL GSK-3BETA BY PAFStephen Dewhurst; Fiscal Year: 2003..Taken together, these experiments are expected to provide new insights into the regulation of GSK-3b activity in neurons, and into the role that GSK-3b may play in mediating PAF's effects on neuronal survival and neuronal migration. ..
- Role of MLK3 in beta catenin signaling in prostate cancerBasabi Rana; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Acquiring robotic support for mass spectrometry coreCRAIG MALBON; Fiscal Year: 2003..The institution has provided resources to enable the acquisition of two new mass spectrometers and this proposal builds on the investment. ..
- GENOME-WIDE ANALYSIS FOR ADDICTION SUSCEPTIBILITY GENESHerbert Lachman; Fiscal Year: 2005..By the end of the project, which will coincide with the completion of the human genome project, they will be able to analyze all of the specific candidate genes that map to linked markers. ..
- RENOVATIONS FOR CAGEWASH SUPPORT SERVICEThomas Zimmerman; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- REGULATION OF HORMONE-SENSITIVE EFFECTOR SYSTEMSCraig C Malbon; Fiscal Year: 2010..Dvls, as multivalent dynamic scaffolds, are high-value likely targets for new therapies. ..
- The rpL7a in neuronal developmentJia Luo; Fiscal Year: 2006..Furthermore, the studies will provide an important insight into the mechanisms of extra-ribosomal function of ribosomal proteins. ..
- Mechanisms directing oncoprotein and cytokine mRNA decayGERALD WILSON; Fiscal Year: 2008..Together, these studies will further our understanding of the relationships between ARE structure, trans-factor recognition, and the cellular functions of resulting RNP complexes. ..
- Inflammation in obesity: Modulation by Weight LossParesh Dandona; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Analysis of apoptotic signaling induced by the mammalian endoplasmic reticulumJAY BREWSTER; Fiscal Year: 2008..of ER stress and its signaling mechanisms will offer vital insight into the cell biology of stressed cells, and will be valuable to our understanding of diseases that result from abnormal ER function [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Neurotransmitter dopamine and angiogenesisDebabrata Mukhopadhyay; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- GSK3beta: Signaling and apoptosisRICHARD JOPE; Fiscal Year: 2007..Overall, these experiments will clarify mechanisms regulating GSK3b and its effects on neural plasticity and survival. ..
- Neuronal signaling : Oxidants & Alzheimers diseaseRICHARD JOPE; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Atherosclerosis And Peripheral Apoliprotein E SynthesisCRAIG MALBON; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will provide new mechanistic information about actions of apoE on cholesterol metabolism and atherosclerosis. ..